Findmyshift

4.5/5
4.5/5

Tony
Tony

Simple to use, easily accessible

Reviewed on 21/11/2017

Pros

Ability to use it anywhere anytime, ease of use. Ability to communicate with staff members and trace all updates and changes

Cons

Its incompatibility with Apple devices. Makes it difficult to make changes on the move sometimes and it isn't always easy to use with touch screen

Response from Findmyshift B.V.

Thanks for the review Tony. Get in touch with our support team so we can work through the issues you're having on your touch screen devices.

Alexander
Alexander

Comprehensive but requires work

Reviewed on 10/02/2017

FindMyShift is excellent for getting everything done that you need - scheduling a lot of employees, flexible and easy to change pay rates, reporting and budget views. I even use it as a notice board - part of employee shifts I can leave notes with instructions for my workers, which is excellent.

The downside, and what may eventually push me to another service, is that I make all of the shift changes myself. Employees email me when they'd like to swap shifts and unfortunately this leaves me at the center of an ever increasing employee base that needs me to make detailed changes.

There is a Timesheet feature but it seems pretty complicated and wouldn't serve our purposes, although I'm considering taking a third look at this to see if it's really not possible for us to use.

Response from Findmyshift B.V.

Thanks for the review Alexander. Get in touch if you'd like us to walk you through the way swaps and timesheets work.

Angela
  • Industry: Medical Practice

FMS Review

Reviewed on 13/06/2024

Pros

Ease of staff use. They can easily login and check assignments.

Cons

ease of running reports in regards to looking at equal time off requests

Pal

Great value for price

Reviewed on 05/04/2024

Good for the purpose we are using, but very difficult to integrate other administrative services. You need multiple softwares to do an HR admin.

Pros

A relatively easy to use employee management and scheduling solution for a reasonable price. Ideal for small remote teams and for office environment.

Cons

Outdated platform design, some features are challenging to use. It is costly to use for multiple departments of the same company. No API connection to my understanding and no mobile access which makes it impossible to adapt in non-office like environment. Some reporting features missing, others are not useful for remote operations.

Humanity and Deputy

Reasons for Switching to Findmyshift

More reasonable pricing for the features that we are already using.
Peter

Remote clinical team management

Reviewed on 07/05/2024

Very positive as it enables rapid adjustment and excellent visibility to staff and management.

Pros

Ease of use and ability to make and communicate real time adjustments.

Cons

No issues to be honest - the real time access and ability to cut and paste meets our requirements.

Mariya

Great system

Reviewed on 27/05/2024

I have find Findmyshift very useful and I don't have to worry if staff have received the rota or any changes as it update automatically

Pros

Easy to use, very reliable, easy access, user friendly.

Cons

Not able to copy and paste the rota. I have to in put one by one schedule on rota

Sophie
  • Industry: Food & Beverages

Simple, Well Functioning Software for Small Business

Reviewed on 17/05/2024

Pros

Time sheets, employee time clock, reporting for payroll purposed, vacation management

Cons

Design/UX is a little basic/corporate feeling, but does not affect function, just personal preference to make the experience more fun :)

Ross

Find My shift

Reviewed on 14/06/2024

I happy and will continue to use for scheduling and clock in

I happy and will continue to use for scheduling and clock in

Pros

Its quick and easy to set up and does the job its required to do

Cons

it could be a complete management tool if you added the bells and whistles.

Tim

Review of Findmyshift

Reviewed on 30/05/2024

Pros

Ease of use for kitchen staff - they like the mobile app

Cons

Cost seems to be rising which is a shame for non-profit organisations

Stacy
  • Industry: Food & Beverages

Happy customer

Reviewed on 29/05/2024

Pros

User friendly and multiple people can use for multiple departments in order to give a good overview.

Cons

Time clock keeps logging out and staff can't add comments or notes if they forget to log in or out so have to keep a record also.

Tom

Buzz Active

Reviewed on 18/12/2023

Not had any major problems, Has been a real improvement to our company.

Not had any major problems, Has been a real improvement to our company.

Pros

Has really helped us manage our business.

Cons

The mobile app is a bit clunky and has limited functionality.

RotaCloud

Reasons for Choosing Findmyshift

To step into the 21st Century & To better manage our casual staff's availability.

Microsoft Excel

Reasons for Switching to Findmyshift

Findmyshift was more cost effective. Rota cloud was quite expensive.
Cheryl
  • Industry: Veterinary

The "right" tool for our Team.

Reviewed on 08/09/2023

Greater efficiency for Team members.

Greater efficiency for Team members.

Pros

Initial set-up for administrators and subsequent roll-out to the whole Team was seamless. The navigation is user friendly. The features and functions menu allow for customized set-up. And, the mobile app is essential.

Cons

Nothing at this time in the desktop version. The mobile app could use a navigation facelift.

When I Work

Reasons for Switching to Findmyshift

We chose FMS for it's simplicity and customization features. FMS allows us to use as few or as many features we want. Doesn't overcomplicate or insist that we engage the full menu for every function.
Julie
  • Industry: Facilities Services

Easiest system to use and set up

Reviewed on 27/10/2020

Easy to use and set up.
Not tied into long contracts for a system that does not work for us (this...

Easy to use and set up.
Not tied into long contracts for a system that does not work for us (this is an issue we have had in the past).
Employees find it easy to use from their phones.

Pros

Online tutorials are good but you need to set the time aside to work through as they can be long winded.
Easy to set up locations, employees and the copy and paste facilities are excellent. What use to take at least two days to complete now takes half a day.
Like the ability to see multiple weeks alongside each other.
Client decides how long they want to use the system for rather than being tied into software agreements that do not work for the client.

Cons

Find it over complicated to set the client charge out rate so cannot use the reports as we would like.

Response from Findmyshift B.V.

Thanks for the review, Julie!

Robert

Best Scheduling tool, I have come across

Reviewed on 18/03/2024

Having used FMS now for over 5 years, I think its great.

Having used FMS now for over 5 years, I think its great.

Pros

So easy to use and love the reports too.

Cons

I prefer the desktop site to the mobile app.

Sling

Reasons for Switching to Findmyshift

Ease of use and looks great. Recommended by others.
Wolfgang
  • Industry: Restaurants

Decent and easy to use solution for flexible shift planning

Reviewed on 06/01/2023

It solved our problem immediately, and employees get along with it from the start. For me as an admin, I have found out how the inputting works mostly through trial and error, which was not always intuitive. I think the system is more easy for end-users than for the admin to learn.

Pros

The software has considerable ease of use, and solved our flexible planning needs immediately. It is visually very intuitive, and I think our employees simply like the system.

Cons

I think / know that there are so many more features of the software that I - if at all- discover by accident. The switching between facility view and employee view should be intuitive as well, however, I regularly fail to input elements that work on both representations - I've therefore resorted to using facility view exclusively. I get the impression I'm using merely some 5% of the systems capabilities.

Workday HCM

Reasons for Switching to Findmyshift

Pricing, as I had virtually no experience what we needed, and what is out there. Initially, it was about not making a costly mistake, but FindMyShift looks to be a good choice regardless.
Abi
  • Industry: Facilities Services

Excellent scheduling

Reviewed on 01/09/2023

Superb tool even though I have yet to use all the features

Superb tool even though I have yet to use all the features

Pros

ease of use and real-time clocking in, i used to find my shift as a test, but I carried on with it and never looked back to use the other product as my staff were already uploaded here, and I could not be bothered to start resetting them on other products and Findmyshift was giving me what I need

Cons

Other features are not easily explained. I would like to understand the reporting i.e being able to print the total hours of allocated shifts per month per employee

Tyrone
  • Industry: Mental Health Care

Very useful software that has steadily improved over the years

Reviewed on 11/01/2018

As our business grew and we employed more staff, managing an excel/paper based rota became time consuming. The reporting aspect alone of this software has saved me enough time throughout the year to justify the cost, let alone the fact that staff can login using the app or through the website and see their own shifts instead of calling into the office because their paper copy is out of date

Pros

The accessibility of this software is one of the most important features for me. My staff use both the app and the website on their mobiles and tablets to access our rota to check their shifts, request holiday etc.

Cons

The way the software is currently setup its not possible to assign more than 1 rule to pay rates with makes my job more difficult when working out wages on days that attract 2 different levels of premium rates. For example paying someone an additional £1 per hour for working a night shift and also paying them an additional £1 per hour because that night shift was on a sunday or a bank holiday.

Response from Findmyshift B.V.

Thanks for the review Tyrone! Regarding the pay rates, it is actually possible to add multiple rules and you can quite easily set them up to pay your staff different rates for different types of shifts. If you'd like us to walk you through it, get in touch with our support team!

H

Best Software for scheduling , time clock etc

Reviewed on 08/12/2023

Pros

Fingmyshift is really easy to use and implement. Users are really happy with the functionality and ease of use. Easy to see department wise, shift wise schedules at any time you want.

Cons

For our purposes , I dont find any cons in the software. It solves our purpose and it has helped in making scheduling more efficient.

Darry
  • Industry: Hospitality

A great easy to use product

Reviewed on 14/07/2023

its been brilliant. this is the 4th Venue that I've introduced Findmyshift to.

its been brilliant. this is the 4th Venue that I've introduced Findmyshift to.

Pros

the online roster system is fantastic to use, very easy to navigate and update.

Cons

the customisation of reports, and when a staff member wants to request only a part of the day off, they have to select the whole day.

Neil
  • Industry: Entertainment

It's changed our world

Reviewed on 15/12/2016

Like many other businesses, we survived for years using the good old fashioned spreadsheet to give us a visual planning tool for our staff assignment. Initially, we trialed Find My Shift purely for the ability to share the roster amongst our management team.
Only when we took the leap from the old spreadsheet feature did we realize how much more we could achieve. The facilities feature was a pretty cool tool but then we started to share the roster with our staff. To say our staff communication has been revolutionized would be modest. It's changed our world and made a significant contribution to a culture of shared info - something we didn't think we were lacking until we tried it with Find My Shift.
After that, we just kept exploring. We're now running all timesheets from Find My Shift - and it's taken a whole day off the payroll process!
But still the best feedback from the team actually came from the partner of one of our guys - "this is awesome, I can now find out what you're doing this weekend - it feels like we've got control of our life back".......thanks guys, love your work!

Pros

Shared access, individual crew login, timesheets, facilities.....so much we love

Cons

Would love to see a better mobile app - perhaps that staff can use for timesheets?
Also, would love to be able to code time to a job (cost center)

Response from Findmyshift B.V.

Hi Neil! Thanks for the suggestion. I have added that to our request list for consideration with a future update.

Susan
  • Industry: Hospitality

Findmyshift is definitely worth trying

Reviewed on 06/04/2021

Allowing the staff to access their shifts from their phone, and using the hours reporting for payroll.

Pros

We were able to try out before committing to a years subscription.
The staff hours are easy to download for wages
It is very clear looking back how many hours each staff is working

Cons

The main problem is when staff put in there hours. If they put in 9 - 5 with an extra gap or any other minor error it will not feed through onto the summary. So each week we need to count the number of shifts each person has and count the number of records on the report section. Each week there is at least one error. This would be corrected by not allowing or having a seperate box for comments.

Response from Findmyshift B.V.

Thanks for the review, Susan! Can you get in touch with our support team with some examples of the mistakes your staff have made? We'd like to see what we can do to help!

Jennifer
  • Industry: Veterinary

Have been very happy with Find My Shift

Reviewed on 13/07/2018

Many. All in the review

Many. All in the review

Pros

It is easy to use, easy to enter the schedule in and you don't have to follow an exact protocol for the times, etc. I like that I can email everyone at once right from the program, the templates make it convenient to add the schedule weeks in advance, I love the time off request feature, I like being able to change the font colors and the back ground colors. I also love that employees can check their schedules at home from their phones. No one can say they "looked at an old schedule" or didn't know about a shift because its all right there(unless you forget to publish a change...)

Cons

The color chart is hard to tell what color you are choosing.
I wish there were an option to "Publish all" So I don't have to highlight a week, then publish, then highlight another week, then publish, etc if I put 8 weeks of schedule in at once.
Its a little slow to save/publish

Response from Findmyshift B.V.

Thanks for the review Jennifer! Glad to hear you're enjoying the site! If you're having trouble with the colour chart, hover your mouse above it and use your mouse wheel to zoom-in and make it larger. I hope this helps!

Celestine

Good starting point

Reviewed on 29/03/2021

Overall it is a huge improvement on our old excel based rota and the fact that it is web based makes it much easier to access information.

Pros

This software has allowed us to setup bespoke shifts for each of our boarding houses which is brilliant as we do have slightly different shift timings depending on the age of the students in house.

Cons

It does not allow you to setup a generic shift pattern. If you could do this for a year then you would just copy and paste and adjust to allow for the slight differences in timings.
When you are adding staff to a shift in a particular house it shows all staff in the organisation. If you have filtered to show only one house in "house view" you should only see staff who are allocated to that specific house.
When you print out a rota it is difficult to set the filter times so that you can see a whole year which for us would be very useful.

Sam

Mount Batten Centre, Plymouth, UK

Reviewed on 26/08/2021

One of the key problems we are solving is integrating multiple rotas across a multi-site operation, providing managers with clear overviews of the staffing situation, casual staff can be updated remotely and easily, and crucially its helping improve our staffing efficiency through forecasting and holistic planning

Pros

Find My Shift is a very intuitive, easy-to-use staffing scheduling app, that has been very well received across all of our management team and workforce teams. It offers a dynamic and flexible approach that we need as an evolving tourism business by enabling managers to co-ordinate teams, staff to input fairly and for duty supervisors to have an holistic overview. The mobile app is excellent and very useful for casual staff

Cons

we've not had any major issues, any niggles have been dealt with seamlessly by Findmyshift customer services

Response from Findmyshift B.V.

Thanks for the review, Sam!

Ian

Just works!

Reviewed on 30/09/2020

Had tried quite a few prior to this and Findmyshift seems to be a well-balanced software that gets the job done for a business with freelance workers who take regular shifts.

Pros

Can do monthly salary summation, unlike a lot of software which default to a weekly view for shift workers.

Cons

Companion phone app not great. Web version works well though.

Sling and Deputy

Reasons for Choosing Findmyshift

Overall better value for money

Sling

Reasons for Switching to Findmyshift

Overall better mix of features

Response from Findmyshift B.V.

Thanks for the review, Ian!