Tipalti

4.7/5

73 Software options

Bronson Y.
  • Company size: 1,001-5,000 Employees

Not a great solution combined with Teampay

Reviewed on 23/11/2021

Overall it started out pretty good. As volume started to pick up and required purchase orders to be created through Teampay, we started seeing blatant sync/connection issues with Netsuite.

Pros

The software functions pretty well on it's own, and handles invoice processing and vendor payment easily.

Cons

We had a ton of issues with our connection between Teampay/Tipalti/Netsuite. We were sold Tipalti and Teampay as a package deal and they definitely have not lived up to the promise. Both softwares would function better on their own, but they need each other to be a full end to end procurement software.

Airbase

Reasons for Switching to Tipalti

Tipalti was Netsuite partner of the year and seemed a bit more mature.
Valter B.
  • Industry: Entertainment

Tipalti as a pristine gateway

Reviewed on 23/04/2020

Overall, the software and business is exceeding expectations and can be a value to any company in e-commerce or other financial obligation settlement needs.

Pros

The streamlined and ergonomic interface, together with global reach and end-user CRMs, make the payment obligations such an easy task, it's pratically effortless.

Cons

Ocassional payments stuck with less calrity on the reasoning.

Eugene K.
  • Industry: Telecommunications

Regarding Tipalti experience

Reviewed on 09/06/2021

Tipalti helps us to send with ease the majority of wire transfers

Pros

The ability to send low cost wire transfers (comparing to other payment providers) to almost 200 countries

Cons

It is impossible to have multiple balances (USD, EUR, GBP etc.). The fees for currency conversion are high.

Response from Tipalti

Thank you for your super positive review of our product! I have also passed your feedback along to our product team regarding multiple currency balances.

We're glad that you're getting so much value as a Tipalti user!

Itamar S.

Tipalti - makes your life easy with accounts payables

Reviewed on 21/10/2020

Pros

Self-billing / invoices
Onboarding
UX
UI

Cons

Should have an option to customize reports

Payoneer

Reasons for Switching to Tipalti

Bills
Josh S.
  • Industry: Staffing & Recruiting

Excellent Software for Payments

Reviewed on 29/10/2020

Pros

Our business uses Tipalti to manage the payments of thousands of users. We have found the service to be very user-friendly and is easy to onboard new vendors. It streamlines to payables function and increases the efficiency of our accounting team. Additionally their customer service is always quick to respond and help with any problems we have.

Cons

If a vendor is not payable, it can sometimes be difficult to understand the cause. No automation of 1099.

Alec S.

Aragon Review

Reviewed on 27/10/2020

Pros

It is easy to use and clear in what is pending/has been paid. It is very secure as well.

Cons

Don't really have many negatives about Tipalti other than allowing vendors from other countries to be paid in US dollars occasionally causes issues.

Diana C.

Tipalti User

Reviewed on 21/10/2020

I think that technical support has improved and our inquiries have been attended promptly. I'm happy with the service

Pros

The platform is very friendly and intuitive to use, the onboarding process facilitates compliance and international payments are good

Cons

Fees are high and partial payments are not available

Athina A.

Reliable and Easy-to-Use Service

Reviewed on 23/04/2020

We've been using the service for a little over a year now, often processing hundreds of payments per week, and so far haven't faced any crucial difficulties that we weren't able to overcome.

The Tipalti team is quite easy to contact too. So far it's a pretty smooth experience!

Pros

I like how easy it is to import and manage payees in Tipalti.

Cons

I would like to have the ability to search for payees by email. Additionally, at times we're struggling with duplicate records since duplicate detection is based on ID and email.

Areane Q.

User Friendly Software

Reviewed on 27/04/2018

Pros

The software is very accessible and the support team has been very supportive when it comes to some concerns about the product.

Cons

It is a bit pricey, but it will worth the price for its how it is useful

Anna M.

Definitely Recommend Tipalti

Reviewed on 03/05/2016

I started using Tipalti as a payment solution for my business when manually paying vendors was becoming too difficult and time consuming. After the initial set up, payments are easy and fast to make and there is less room for user error since everything is based on vendor ID numbers.

Pros

batch upload, quick payments, auto emails, GREAT customer service who were willing to work with me and my specific needs

Cons

getting vendors initially set up in the payment portal took some time (even though there was an auto upload, which helped tremendously) but I had a lot of vendors I needed to ensure were set up quickly and accurately.

• Industry: Photography

Software is easy to use and when I have needed customer support they got back to me in minutes.

Reviewed on 11/07/2018

The software permitted customers to confidentially add their personal information and update it as needed without interrupting my daily workflow.

Pros

I like how it links payments to customer payment preferences and quickly links it all together for seamless payments. The customer support is also next to none.

Cons

When I process a batch of payments at once and receive a required funds figure, I am not entirely clear as to whether or not this includes applicable fees on the transfer. To compensate, I over contribute funds which is less ideal.

Ramesh Q.

Saves Huge Time

Reviewed on 23/02/2017

1. I used tipalti to pay our developers on monthly bases for the total payments.
2. It has the ability to link seamlessly to company's webpages.
3. It has excellent Customer Support.
4. This tool is quite easy to use.

Tipalti optimizing payment to reduce finance management times which is a must for business.

Reviewed on 26/04/2018

Pros

Some of the benefits include: payment automation features, minimal error and downstream errors, compliance with taxation issues, advanced reporting and lots more. Do you have a high volume of supplier payments -- no problem. Is paying suppliers overseas too time-consuming? No problem.

Cons

There is no perfect solution and businesses really need to understand the product and what they need to find the best solution. This is product has a good value and platforms that do more cost a lot more. You have to request a quote and sometimes you just want to sign up for something.

Steven G.

Great Payment Solution

Reviewed on 30/08/2016

We have a very complicated payout setup that used to take up to 5 days per month to complete. After integrating with Tipalti we've been able to reduce that to 1 day a month and significantly increase the accuracy and timeliness of payouts. The functionality provided relative to the cost is a steal. While we'd love to see more customization, they're working hard to release new features and we've been very pleased with the relationship so far.

Pros

-Fairly easy to setup and integrate
-Affordable
-Good customer support
-Visibility for vendors

Cons

-Could allow for more customization
-UI is a little antiquated but works

Brandelle S.
  • Company size: 1,001-5,000 Employees

Tipalti has been a great addition for us

Reviewed on 09/09/2021

Pros

Tipalti has a very rich database of currencies and any potential changes are updated in real-time .We also work with a lot of contractors and I love how easy generating 1099 forms is .

Cons

Once you create an invoice , it is very hard to make changes on it .Often it is better to start from scratch than to do edits .

Phan B.

TIPALTI is my time saver

Reviewed on 26/05/2021

TIPALTI has saved a lots of my time on processing the payment on invoices

Pros

I like the Automation how Tipalti read and memorize invoices and putting it to the appropriate Payee, portal, and also I love the Paperless idea.

Cons

I wish Tipalti able to sync the PDF file along with the bill over to NetSuite

Response from Tipalti

Hi Phan! Thank you for leaving us such a positive review! We are thrilled to hear that we've helped you to save time on processing invoice payments. That's our goal!

Eric B.
  • Industry: Legal Services

Great way to pay worldwide

Reviewed on 29/08/2016

We've used Tipalti since their early days and have been very happy with the services and features. I was looking for a way to pay our research contractors who live worldwide. We've paid people in more than 100 countries and with that needed to improve the efficiency of the process. We also had a concern that our worldwide payments are in compliance with money transfer regulations.
Tipalti brought a terrific money transfer solution that's very efficient and supports a variety of payment options. We implemented Tipalti into our payment process and have since transferred millions of dollars worldwide.

Pros

Our researchers love the lower fees compared to just PayPal payments and the variety of money transfer choices. It's dependable and our researchers get paid in a dependable manner. The ability to capture payment details and tax forms without the headache of PCI compliance has been a big help for us.

Cons

Sometimes it would be nice if more of the configuration options were available in the actual application. There are some choices and options that are not easily known unless you go back and forth with support.

Catina H.
  • Industry: Investment Management

My POINT of view...

Reviewed on 06/11/2020

Pros

I like the new ACH Debit feature that allows us to save time from manually transferring funds from our bank to Tipalti. This saves us a great deal of time!
I also appreciate being able to create unique Payee ID's.

Cons

One of the issues I have is when you need to cancel an approval request, you are not able to let the approver know that the request has been cancelled. I
It would be nice to be able to add bills to a payment order that has already been scheduled.
No option to chat with the Support team when needing to reach out to them. It appears the only way to reach them is via email.

David M.

Great Product & Service

Reviewed on 23/04/2020

using tipalti has solved the administrative burden of managing payees and their payment info, allows for easy process of payments, additional users (account managers) have access and can easily understand and provide support to payees (including information on payments - paid or pending) without needing to connect account managers to company's accounting software (which is more complicated to use)

Pros

ease of use, manages supplier payments in logical and comprehensive way - allowing to see current status and allows for payment planning, streamlines invoice approval process for payees, reduces significantly administrative effort to manage payee bank info (and tax-related docs), simple and easy process to issue payments

Cons

some additional flexibility on managing customization of payments and ability to see in single view the unpaid balance of payees

Reka O.
  • Industry: Publishing

A user-friendly software for managing payments

Reviewed on 22/10/2020

Our business uses Tipalti to manage the payments of thousands of users located all around the world. They all use different currencies and have different tax requirements, but with the help of this software, this is extremely easy to oversee.

Pros

I am a user of Tipalti who is not particularly well versed in finances, but the platform is so easy to understand that even I can use it with confidence. I also received excellent customer service from Tipalti numerous times.

Cons

I cannot say that there is anything I dislike about the software. I haven't had any major negative experiences so far.

Chris L.
  • Industry: Media Production

Straight Forward System!

Reviewed on 09/09/2016

Great system for the price. Overall great support when needed. Data is easily managed and we generally have a seamless AP schedule thanks to Tipalti.

Pros

Easy to manage vendor payments

Reconciliations are straight forward

Payments are easily executed

Cons

Lack of detail at times for error'd payments

Lack of integration with our primary business bank provider - Bank of America

Faina S.

Safe , secure and efficient way to process payables

Reviewed on 26/05/2021

I like Tipalti very much. Easy to use. Secure and efficient processing of large payments, paperless process is very good, allows access to many different approvers

Pros

safety, efficiency, paperless processing, secure processing of large payments

Cons

Processing and approving payments require few steps but program does not tell you that you still have few steps to complete.

Response from Tipalti

Hi Faina,

Thank you for giving Tipalti such a strong and positive review!

Safety and security are a value that we really do emphasize in addition to Tipalti's ease of use and payment capabilities, so it's very wonderful to hear that you found the product valuable and effective in each of these categories.

Kevin F.

Excellent service

Reviewed on 30/08/2016

Excellent SAS. Customer Support is top notch. Using this service has reduced our man-hours (and costs) considerably. There is a lot of back-end work to get it linked into your system but it’s worth it. We send weekly and monthly payments (qty in the thousands) and I’d hate to go back to doing this ourselves.

Pros

Excellent Customer Support, I'd rank it among the best. You can actually CALL them (!). Sometimes you have to leave a voice message but they get back to your promptly; same if you email them. Uploading payment instructions is very straightforward.

Cons

Knowing if a recipient is indeed “payable” is sometimes a bit difficult to determine. However, such recipients seem to be in hard-to-pay countries. Tipalti is always trying to improve things though.

Shir T.

Replies are always prompt, clear and helpful, providing all the necessary information at once.

Reviewed on 14/03/2018

Pros

The dashboard is clear and easy to use, support is A+. The team is very responsive, professional and helpful.

Cons

Not sure I fully understand how the payment process works. Lately, they came out with Webinars explaining exactly this process and were helpful. However, would have appreciated had the webinars fit my time zone better.

Taylor M.
  • Company size: 1,001-5,000 Employees

Tipalti - Great AP System!

Reviewed on 02/06/2021

Paying bills on time and adding the proper approval workflows. Tipalti has solved both of these.

Pros

Tipalti is very user friendly and easy to review and approve invoices, along with adding and adjust approval workflows. The reporting capabilities are very useful and easy to run as well.

Cons

The implementation was a bit challenging, switching from bill.com to Tipalti but that's expected when transitioning to most products.

Response from Tipalti

Hi Taylor,

Thank you so much for the strong and positive review! We are super thrilled that you are finding the product easy to use, as well as making great use of the reporting capabilities!

Our team appreciates your business, as well as your positive review.