Copper Reviews

Andrew
  • Industry: Telecommunications

Great CRM for Gmail users

Reviewed on 25/02/2020

Pros

It works as a plug-in for Gmail. That sounds odd at first, but it actually works great assuming most of your sales activity happens by email - because you can add contacts, companies and opportunities (and access all email history with those contacts) with just a few clicks.

Cons

The sidebar takes up too much space when working on a laptop with a small screen (so I turn it off).

Pipedrive

Reasons for Choosing Copper

Recommendation of a friend.

Trello

Gmail integration

Response from Copper

Love this feedback, Andrew. Really helpful for us as we continue to evolve the product. Thanks!

Janna
  • Industry: Arts & Crafts

Copper is helping me keep track of my customers

Reviewed on 02/04/2020

Overall it has been helpful to keep track of my contacts. I wish that there were more features for the lower price point, like marketing and email features.

Pros

I like that it syncs to my Gmail and automatically goes back through 1 year of communication to add all those emails to my connections with my contacts. The Gmail extension makes it super easy to add new contacts to my CRM and keep track of our conversations. It also makes it easy to keep track of leads and opportunities and what stage they are at. The Task function is nice how it adds to-do items to my calendar and sends me reminders. That is helpful so I don't forget to do things daily.

Cons

It's pretty expensive for only one user and many of the best features of it are only available for the higher pay level. Also, it's doable to use from Gmail on a phone but not easy. I wish the app extension worked better.

Salesforce Sales Cloud and HubSpot CRM

Reasons for Choosing Copper

Mailchimp was really just my email list and I couldn't use it as a proper CRM to keep track of leads and projects, etc.

Mailchimp

Reasons for Switching to Copper

Syncing to gmail automatically.
Bronwyn

Copper Has Failed

Reviewed on 03/09/2019

A CRM is a great thing, but Copper has not delivered! The software is unreliable, the customer service has fallen short. What we were promised is not what we have received. It is too bad, because I love a lot of the features.

Pros

It is easy to use, once you get the hang of it. Good customization. Phone App. Copper integrates with all things Google.

Cons

The Software isn't solid!
In a matter of 6 weeks the CRM has had 2 major malfunctions, called "bugs" according to Copper support staff.
1)People Records Malfunction - I am the admin of this software and the person responsible for uploading 28 years of Legacy Data (all of our customer records). In attempting to update some of the outdated contact info changing phone numbers and addresses, emails etc. which I populated into Copper from various spreadsheets, work order lists, Quick Book records, and email contact lists. The "People" records began to malfunction; phone numbers literally began jumping around. Example, I would open someone's customer's record and another customers number would populate, I would end up calling the wrong customer. Copper engineers have been "working" on this for a month, still no fix.
2.) Opportunity Pipeline Malfunction - Imports are mapping to the wrong Pipeline. I have hundreds of business opportunity records, Google sheet based spreadsheets, that I am attempting to import (bulk) thousands of cells of data to the CRM, despite properly mapping the import (correct methods on my part) this crucial business information imports to the wrong pipeline & tons of data is lost in the process. This is huge, if you can't import and map your customers spreadsheet records (bulk) you have to hand enter each record. What should take 5 mins will take days/weeks/months! This has been going on for over a week now, and no one at Copper seems to care.

Response from Copper

Thank you for the honest review, Bronwyn. This is beyond helpful and we'll be taking your feedback to the team and look into improving where we were unable to provide a stellar user experience for you.

Terry

easy to use, decent value

Reviewed on 02/02/2022

Good. The support is good. I havent taken enough time to really understand how to maximize it.

Pros

Easy to get started. Easy to import. Easy to learn with good documentation.

Cons

Not being able to have an attachment to a group email. No SMS tracking. Appointment reminders are email. There has to be a better way. It is pretty expensive when you add in the cost of gSuite, per seat.

Kamatara

Daily Use = Time Saved

Reviewed on 20/02/2020

Time management, task management, contact information, opportunity pipelines, email logs, project logs, contracts and calling management.

Pros

I love being able to read my teammates emails to our clients so when I speak to that client, I can see what was said or offered or attached. Then we are a united front in communication with no extra time spent.

Cons

I haven't experienced anything yet that I don't like.

Response from Copper

Love that you're saving a ton of time with Copper, Kamatara!

Phillip
  • Industry: Consumer Goods

Great interface and easy to integrate with other software

Reviewed on 11/08/2021

Pros

The UI is very easy to use and I like the fact that it tracks emails and you can see when customers open the emails. I like that you can log notes and also that it integrates with PandaDoc and MailChimp.

Cons

I feel like the speed of the sync could be improved.

Salesforce Sales Cloud and Method CRM

Reasons for Switching to Copper

Copper (at the time Prosperworks) synced with GSuite and had a friendly UI.
Alexis
  • Industry: Medical Devices

A simple but efficient CRM

Reviewed on 02/02/2022

The customer experience is great, you can see that it is a priority for that vendor. They do follow-up regularly, but it is not annoying, they have real questions and real answers, and the support is top notch.

Pros

I was sold by the "built for Google" tagline, and it delivers. Copper is deeply integrated with Google Workspace and it makes several workflows so efficient, especially the integrations with email, calendar and drive.

Cons

There are no important downsides, really. The CRM is just effective. Some other products integrates nice bells and whistles, you won't find many in Copper... but do you need them?

• Used for Free Trial

Intuitive software at a price

Reviewed on 14/04/2020

Copper was great to use. It has native integration with gmail which makes things easier (you can achieve the same function in other CRM's with only a few steps)

It's really nice to work in something that feels google but pricing was just out of the picture for us. Other alternatives like teamwave provide the same/more services for an overall price

Pros

Copper is really easy to use, especially for people new to CRMs and that use g suite/gmail constantly. It connects directly through your gmail and provides the same features as other robust CRMs

Cons

It's really expensive, especially for startups and there are better options out there for a lot cheaper. Great software, exclusive pricing

TeamWave, Salesforce Sales Cloud and HubSpot CRM

Reasons for Choosing Copper

zoho is clunky and horrible. A huge range of software that you won't use or the functionality is horrible and its better to use other packages

Zoho One

Reasons for Switching to Copper

Because of the native integration and discounts for social organisations. The native integration isn't necessary
Jarrod

Great system for use with G Suite

Reviewed on 13/08/2020

Custom service has been exceptional. Software is well designed. Basic features are easy to use.

Pros

What we liked most is how seamlessly this works with GSuite. We are a small non-profit consulting team and we needed software that didn't require a large learning curve. What we found were useful integrations right in our inbox where we do most of our work.

Cons

Being a small team with one member who uses technology daily and the other who doesn't means the advanced features are critical to making it work. While the workflow automation and task automation are available they is a steep learning curve for those who don't grasp basic coding principles.

Salesforce Sales Cloud and Salsa CRM

Reasons for Switching to Copper

The native integration with G Suite where less technologically inclined team members could more easily utilize the basic features of Copper. Workflow automation also played a role. The more we can automate the less we spend time on the backend and the more time we can spend with clients.
Anuj
Anuj
  • Industry: Biotechnology
  • Company size: 5,001–10,000 Employees

Easy-to-use CRM

Reviewed on 22/02/2023

Copper works amazingly well for small & mid-size business organizations using Google Workplace, Gmail & other Google apps.It is a strong CRM solution which is simple & logical to use. Recording & accessing sales data is largely simplified with Copper. You get the freedom to integrate extensions/ add-ons from different vendors/ customers & log sales data in one place. The interface is easy-to understand and use, Copper offers a handy sidebar to search for tasks, track emails, business opportunities, prospective leads and companies.

Pros

The best feature of Copper is that it adapts the look & feel of Google apps. Being a regular user of Google Workplace & Gmail, it has resolved many of our concerns. Copper integrates directly into Gmail so we don't have to leave our inbox every time to seek its access. This helps us in saving time and getting more work done. Additionally, Copper is highly incremental in organizing data with least time and effort. It offers an excellent import feature for the mass upload of our client data not just from MS Excel but also from the other platforms like Salesforce & LinkedIn. Copper serves as a personal assistant for suggesting potential leads.

Cons

Copper goes dysfunctional at times while working with the Google apps. Importing data from other sources is a tedious and time-taking task all together. Loading time lags and search errors are frequent. Sometimes, extracting the relevant data is irksome via filters and it tends to impede our reporting process in the organization.

Stuart
  • Industry: Events Services

Terrible Customer Service

Reviewed on 26/03/2020

Ok software, terrible customer service.

Ok software, terrible customer service.

Pros

Software is simple. The pro is the widget for your Gmail Inbox.

Cons

Contact information automation is below par and we had the occasional syncing issues. The feature are not worth the price per user. After using the service for a full year we decided it wasn't the right fit. When we requested to cancel the service, [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] from Copper refused to refund us because it was 2 days past the deadline! I responded to [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] who never wrote back. I have made multiple attempts to contact Copper and still haven't heard anything back.

Salesforce Sales Cloud

Reasons for Choosing Copper

Customer Service. Copper responds to you like a robot, and prioritizes money of people.

Salesforce Sales Cloud

Reasons for Switching to Copper

Gmail inbox sync capability.

Response from Copper

Hi Stuart, we're sorry to hear that your time and experience with our product and team hasn't been stellar. We do see that there were conversations with our support team regarding your account and that they fulfilled your request to cancel. We greatly appreciate your time spent with us and hope we can be an option for you again in the future.

John
  • Industry: Insurance

Basic CRM

Reviewed on 09/10/2020

Overall experience was good until I knew I was paying more for less.

Overall experience was good until I knew I was paying more for less.

Pros

At that time I was looking for a CRM that integrates with G Suite at that time called Google Apps. This was the second CRM I tried.

Cons

You have to play a lof more for the better features that actually completes the CRM. After checking out other companies I realized after using it for more than a year that the CRM is lacking in features.

Dynamics 365

Reasons for Choosing Copper

I stop using Office 365 and switched to Google Apps.

Dynamics 365
Marc-Antoine
  • Industry: Music

Copper is a great tool for sales, contacts and tasks management

Reviewed on 16/08/2021

Copper is defenitely a very powerful tool when it comes down to sales and task management. It is easy and instinctive to use!

Pros

As a booking agent and as an artist manager, the 2 things that I enjoy the most with Copper are the Task Manager and the Contact List features.

It goes without saying that the contact list manager is a very powerful tool. It is easy to use: whether you just want to browse through the contacts, uplaod/add new clients or even if you need to find a "needle in a haystack". All the filters that you can apply in a research are super helpful!

The task Manager is also one of the main feature that I use on a daily basis. I find it super easy and convinient to set up remainders and follow ups. It is also very useful when it comes down to dedicate tasks to colleagues (without having to talk to them, because you can be very clear using the "details" section).

Cons

I think probably the biggest issue I have with Copper is that we are all francophones at Doze Agency. Because the version of the software we are using is in English, we sometimes have problems with some "list management". We sometimes have to use some special caracters in French (for exemple: "é", "è", "à", etc.). Maybe a French version of the software is not an option, but a cool feature would be that the software could associate special caracters like "é" to the letter "e" or a caracter like "à" to the letter "a". I know it may sound strange to some, and I don't know to what extent there are other french speaking users of the software, but it would defenitely be a great plus!

Greg

Too Glitchy and Poor Support.

Reviewed on 08/02/2018

Let me be clear, this product has great potential, and is almost good enough. But after multiple bad experiences with support, and an apparently stagnated development calendar, and very serious glitches, I suggest people stay away for a few years till this software can grow up a little.

Pros

What I like is the idea. This should be a great software. But the key features it lacks and the DISMAL support team make it not worth the money.

Cons

1. Support is terrible. They use zendesk for their support and the people reading the support tickets seem to struggle with helping. Here are a few examples:

a: We changed our domain name. All we needed to do was update our usernames to have the new domain on them. THEY COULD NOT DO THIS. I had to request this change - literally just updating our email addresses - 3 TIMES before somebody finally said it could be done. The first two people just said that it was impossible. The third person said it was do-able but it required adding additional users, and deleting old users, which unassigned all the work.

Is it that hard to update a database?

b. When one user made changes to the opportunity stages, we lost several opportunities even though the software claimed that opportunities would just be moved to adjacent stages. What's the point of sales software that loses track of opportunities?? When I reached out to support they said: "Unfortunately, there is no way for us to recover any deleted records in your account if this is already been accidentally or intentionally deleted by someone. [in other words, this is all your fault, not ours] We recommend exporting your opportunities/records weekly so you have a fresh back up when you need." Again, what's the point of using your software if we are supposed to keep the data on our side and normal use of your software causes it to break? Dumb. Dumb. Dumb.

2. Reporting is totally sales focused and doesn't help at all with regular task and project management. There is no way to see which team members are doing their work, or to generate reports on average time spent on tasks. Some valuable KPI data is not available in the sales related reports, either. Like how about we get a report to show the average time to close a lead? There is so much valuable data that we simply can't access.

3. Messy messy messy. The screen is just jammed packed with data, much of it useless, and it's difficult to find the data you want. Accordions inside of tabs inside of pop-ups? Really? Is that the best way to access the tasks associated with a client? It shouldn't take 3-4 clicks to get to a teeny tiny truncated accordion window of information. We should be able to see and sort through data related to a client within the main window. Bad design.

Mark
Mark

Copper, formerly ProsperWorks - Great tool for G Suite/Google Apps Users

Reviewed on 12/08/2018

Pros

I've used Copper (under its original brand) both as a freelance digital contractor and in an agency setting. I found the standalone app to work fine, but there's no comparison to how well it worked with gMail, Google Docs and other elements of G Suite.

I read a Forbes article about the rebrand and apparently Copper signals a move for the company where their apps are on Google Cloud, and to better support G Suite, and that seems like great news. If you are an agency using G Suite it seems to be a no-brainer to use Copper to me. Especially for tracking emails and customer conversations related to opportunities. The rebrand caught me by surprise when I was looking for something for a client. The Forbes article sheds some light on the rebrand and evolution.

I'm a little biased as I wrote an article once for ProsperWorks, but this review is strictly from my experiences with the app, and the company. They have great customer success follow-up and have many scheduled support resources/weekly webinars to ensure you get the best out of your investment. I don't sell this app, I just was happy with how easy it was to use the tool, I've worked with Dynamics CRM, Salesforce and other CRM apps and I stand by my appreciation for how great this app is for G Suite and for agencies.

Cons

I think the Copper rebrand is a sign of lots of changes for this solution, and the Forbes article says that there are positive changes to further align this solution with the Google ecosystem. I will say that the rebrand was news to me, but I haven't used the app in a month or so now since a recent contract ended .

• Industry: Public Policy

Has helped me get my marketing leads in order

Reviewed on 01/11/2018

Copper has made it easy for me to keep track of my leads. With it's basic functions anyone can use it without reading extensively through a guide or manual. I would recommend it to new businesses because of it's simplicity and inexpensiveness.

Pros

I've used copper for a while now - it was called Prosperworks when I first started to use it. It was my first CRM and it has helped me get my marketing leads in order as well as showed me how to use a CRM. Since it has simple features it is easy to use and learn and once you get the hang of it you are able to understand bigger and more complex systems so I'd like to think of Copper as a gateway CRM. I love how it integrates with Gmail so that with just one click of a button on the side panel that shows up after you install the Chrome extension and you have the contact's information saved- which spares you the work of manually adding a contact to the platform. The filters are easy to use and the fields can be customized. They even have a "market place" where you are shown information on the contacts whom you've recently exchanged emails with and it gives you the option to save it to your list. The pricing is also reasonable, especially if your company is in its early stages.

Cons

The thing that I dislike most about Copper is the field mapping that needs to get done prior to importing a list of leads via an Excel sheet. If there is one error or if it doesn't recognize the information within a cell then it wont import it and it will give you a pop up window with the option to correct it right then and there. I've found myself fighting with it plenty of times because it wont accept what I'm writing and then I would resort to canceling everything and just deleting that contact from the list to add it manually afterwards just to get the import feature to work.

Also it is such a chore to import these lists, you have to click on so many menu items to get to the import function.

Jake

Finally, a CRM a sales guy can live with

Reviewed on 13/08/2020

This is the easiest to use most intuitive CRM system that I have ever worked with in the 25+ year career. I especially like the automatic integration with GSuite (gmail & calendar). I like the user interface and workflow to move opportunities through the sales process. The online support team have been great to work with and seem quite knowledgeable about the product.

Pros

I like the simplicity of how it is laid out. It was easy to customize to some of my company's unique requirements. Because it automatically syncs to my email and calendar, it eliminates hours of typical data entry that I have been frustrated with other systems. The integration with Linkedin is also a nice feature when I am entering leads.

Cons

There are a few advanced features that I wish were available at the basic level. Otherwise, the product is too expensive at higher levels.

• Industry: Telecommunications

A Must for Business!

Reviewed on 19/07/2018

The overall experience has been great! The training is very good and ProsperWorks makes a genuine effort to properly onboard their clients unlike some software companies that want to sign you up and then leave you on your own. At a bare minimum, ProsperWorks raises an awareness of where every opportunity is in the sales process for the rep and the manager, leading to more customer touches. When properly used, it's truly a tool to increase sales and provide guidance and structure for a sales person throughout their day. And it can be accessed from anywhere!

Pros

I like the robust feature set that ProsperWorks CRM offers. The ability for the application to "scrape" emails from the interactions with each client is a big plus, too. It's relatively easy-to-use for early to mid adopters and the learning curve for a deployment is minor assuming most the people in the organization are somewhat savvy with web-based applications. I'm a manager of an outside sales environment so the amount of administrative control and the ability to assign roles to specific reps is helpful. I can set it up where each rep sees their own activity and not the activity of others. The app version of the software for iOS and Android is awesome as well. Very robust. You can enter info on the fly using your smart phone and it's all waiting for you when you open your laptop! It's a must for anyone doing territory sales.

Cons

The biggest negative to me is the fact that when ProsperWorks tries to scrape the actual contact data, it's incomplete or inaccurate and needs to be completed or fixed. Any other complaint is relatively minor and can probably be overcome with some more training. Also, my company uses the enterprise version of Quickbooks and apparently, ProsperWorks only integrates with the web-based version. It would be nice if that option would be made available in the future.

• Industry: Online Media

OK but Deceptive Contract/Billing Terms

Reviewed on 12/08/2020

Overall experience was OK until we needed more robust marketing automation, which Copper just couldn't do. Our biggest issue was with their deceptive and poorly worded TOS. They try to require you to cancel 30 days IN ADVANCE of the renewal date, but send no notification of that at that point, nor do the poorly written terms clearly state that. We attempted to cancel prior to the renewal date and were told it was too late. Find me another SaaS product that attempts to require 30-day advance notice of cancellation. Extremely poor customer service in this respect. They are not to be trusted and we would never recommend Copper to anyone.

Pros

The GMail integration provided an effective way to manage and track interactions

Cons

There is virtually not internal reporting functionality or ability to drill down within the available reports to understand what's happening.

Pipedrive

GMail Integration
Jonathan
  • Industry: Management Consulting

Small business owner review of Copper/Prosperworks after using it one year

Reviewed on 24/01/2019

In general we like it. It does the basics, database of people and companies with contact info, notes, email tracking, bulk email sending. As I said we don't use the sales bits or the pipeline functionality (pipelines are tasks made up of a series of steps which can be assigned). We just use it as a basic CRM. It works with Google Contacts, GMail and Calendar so you become a Google baby. You do have to pay for G Suite, it allows you to use your own domain and emails which is fine. We looked at a lot of CRMs (both free and expensive) and found this worked very well for the price. They still lack a few odd little things though, no birthdays (although you can do that through Google Contacts + Calendar) and it default sort people by their first names. We upgraded to the medium version so we could add lots of user columns to people. Two thumbs up.

Pros

Relatively inexpensive.
Straight forward to use.
Customer support is excellent.
It has extensions to a good pool of add-ons.
It uses pre-existing things like Google Calendar rather than re-inventing them.

Cons

It sits on Google's G Suite so you have to buy that also.
It has extensions to things you have to pay for (versus free ones).
Has some quirks (below).
Has a lot of sales stuff (projections, staff etc) we do not need.

Remco
Remco

Copper: The CRM tool for Google G Suite users

Reviewed on 29/09/2020

Lead management with a dashboard instead of searching in my mailbox for important mails.

Pros

The seamless integration with Google G Suite makes this tool a terrific CRM tool. Now that Copper also has add a Project Management tool makes it even more beautiful.

Cons

I don't know any cons for Copper. I don't have any negative experiences so far for this Google G Suite CRM tool.

Jonathan
  • Industry: Management Consulting

Satisfied although they need to evolve a bit more

Reviewed on 22/07/2018

If you want a good solid system, inexpensive, that is distributed amongst free google functions get it. We looked at a lot of crms and pick this one.

Pros

We are a small two-person firm needing a simple crm to manage our clients. Prosperworks/Copper works for us. We can enter companies and people and attach notes. We have installed it under a Google G Suite account so we use Gmail for mail, Google calendar, Google contacts and Google Drive. P/C integrates with all of these and works fine. Updates in the crm propagate to gmail and contacts. It also logs emails under the right person. P/C has a facility for Tasks (which we don't really use - it is a bit lunky) , Leads and Opportunities which we don't use so we can't comment on them. Since you are not using a big crm it is very inexpensive yet gives us everything we need.

Cons

Some obvious things which I assume will be fixed soon. No Birthdays. Its default is to sort by first name! It would be nice if changes to Google Contacts would propagate back to P/C but if you are using the crm then not really an issue. Also it would be nice if it logged phone calls and DocuSign stuff for free but I think you can get that through paid add-ins.

Dallas

Excellent management for Sales Teams!

Reviewed on 11/08/2021

My overall experience with Copper has been great. I've transitioned from customer success to sales over the past few years with Copper and the insight I have at my fingertips is so valuable. I wouldn't be able to keep up with all my leads and customer relationships without it.

Pros

Copper is very user friendly, and easy to implement across different levels of experience for teams. Once you're set up, the CRM gives full insight and transparency to what's going on with my leads at every stage of their lifecycle. I couldn't manage all my leads at scale this easily without Copper.

Cons

At first I wasn't a big fan of the reports I had available (maybe personal preference here), but it has been recently overhauled and I am enjoying them now. Reports give me the data insight at a glance that our team needs for meetings. That tells me they are always keeping an eye on big impact updates!

• Industry: Sports

Not your best option

Reviewed on 07/03/2021

Below average, I honestly see very little value in the product and it doesn't scale well with a business at all.

Pros

At the entry-level it is fairly affordable and had decent basic functionality. If a single user or small team has limited knowledge or need for in-depth information and dashboards it provides insight into just the essentials.

Cons

As you start to need a few users/seats, Copper quickly becomes about the same cost as a more powerful CRM like HubSpot, which provides a good free version as a starting point.
The functionality is very limited and doesn't provide much use beyond sales, meaning that extra logins for leadership to view and not use are not included so you would have to add additional paid seats or share credentials. This typically results in asking questions instead of a quick login and review of key metrics.
The reporting and dashboard view is also quite limited and you have to keep upgrading plans to access what should be standard features. This is what now puts you at a price point the same as HubSpot but you're left with a sub-par CRM and no cross-over or cross-functionality in the platform with marketing/service

James
  • Industry: Mining & Metals

Reviewed on 21/02/2020

Been a useful business tool

Been a useful business tool

Pros

The way I am able to view my opportunity pipeline

Cons

cant take time stamps of daily values and export

Response from Copper

Thanks for the review, James.