Copper

The CRM designed for Google Workspace

4.3 /5 (427 reviews) Write a Review!

Dave M.
  • Industry: Professional Training & Coaching

Easy onboarding, extremely tight integration with GSuite, but complete fail on email tracking

Reviewed on 10/11/2020

Happy with the tight and transparent integration with GSuite, but cancelled due to the failure of email tracking.

Pros

We bought Copper (previously Prosperworks) to get CRM integrated with GSuite. Copper excels here: using the Chrome extension, you get transparent integration of Copper contact and activity tracking into GSuite, which works especially well with small teams. You can set up your own sales funnels, forecasting and project tracking, and everyone can see all the activity they are authorized for.

Cons

We wanted email tracking. While Copper offers rudimentary and amateurish tracking, they have completely abandoned the feature, despite continuing to describe it on their site. Worse, the feature is getting worse over time, which points to an out-of-control development process. For a more complete exploration, check this thread:

[SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN]

We canceled after 3 years due to this issue.

Janna W.
  • Industry: Arts & Crafts

Copper is helping me keep track of my customers

Reviewed on 02/04/2020

Overall it has been helpful to keep track of my contacts. I wish that there were more features for the lower price point, like marketing and email features.

Pros

I like that it syncs to my Gmail and automatically goes back through 1 year of communication to add all those emails to my connections with my contacts. The Gmail extension makes it super easy to add new contacts to my CRM and keep track of our conversations. It also makes it easy to keep track of leads and opportunities and what stage they are at. The Task function is nice how it adds to-do items to my calendar and sends me reminders. That is helpful so I don't forget to do things daily.

Cons

It's pretty expensive for only one user and many of the best features of it are only available for the higher pay level. Also, it's doable to use from Gmail on a phone but not easy. I wish the app extension worked better.

• Industry: Public Policy

Has helped me get my marketing leads in order

Reviewed on 01/11/2018

Copper has made it easy for me to keep track of my leads. With it's basic functions anyone can use it without reading extensively through a guide or manual. I would recommend it to new businesses because of it's simplicity and inexpensiveness.

Pros

I've used copper for a while now - it was called Prosperworks when I first started to use it. It was my first CRM and it has helped me get my marketing leads in order as well as showed me how to use a CRM. Since it has simple features it is easy to use and learn and once you get the hang of it you are able to understand bigger and more complex systems so I'd like to think of Copper as a gateway CRM. I love how it integrates with Gmail so that with just one click of a button on the side panel that shows up after you install the Chrome extension and you have the contact's information saved- which spares you the work of manually adding a contact to the platform. The filters are easy to use and the fields can be customized. They even have a "market place" where you are shown information on the contacts whom you've recently exchanged emails with and it gives you the option to save it to your list. The pricing is also reasonable, especially if your company is in its early stages.

Cons

The thing that I dislike most about Copper is the field mapping that needs to get done prior to importing a list of leads via an Excel sheet. If there is one error or if it doesn't recognize the information within a cell then it wont import it and it will give you a pop up window with the option to correct it right then and there. I've found myself fighting with it plenty of times because it wont accept what I'm writing and then I would resort to canceling everything and just deleting that contact from the list to add it manually afterwards just to get the import feature to work.

Also it is such a chore to import these lists, you have to click on so many menu items to get to the import function.

Connor M.
  • Industry: Veterinary

Flexiable and Easy to Use

Reviewed on 02/07/2020

We've been able to create multiple ticketeing systems and pipelines to track ROI on new promotions and programs.

Pros

The flexibility the software offers through customization and its automated workflows make both your job as an admin, and your everyday user's lives so much easier. It's also so incredibly easy to learn even on the higher technical end it isn't challenging.

Cons

A number of the support articles are very outdated, especially in regards to the various integrations you can make, but reaching out to support usually fixes this.

Alirio rubén R.

I work with hundreds of clients in LATAM. Prosperwork is a great support to manage my company.

Reviewed on 14/07/2018

I work in a service company that offers hardware and software solutions with hundreds of clients in LATAM. Prosperwork is a fundamental support for the management of our company, it allows us to follow up on the objectives set, measure deviations, marketing actions and contact with our customers.

Pros

Prosperwork is a CRM, which works in the cloud, which allows improving the sales management of any company. Among the most brilliant features is the complete merger with the Google Suite, but that articulation does not stop there, it also has the option of integrating with other web tools such as MailChimp, on cloud solution for handling email marketing campaigns, which makes an essential support tool for the work of our marketing department.

It also offers synchronization with Dropbox, which makes it easy to transfer information through the tool.

Due to being a solution on cloud, you can follow up, in real time, the work of the sales department. Contributing to the making of early decisions, avoiding the deviation from the goal proposed by our board.

Cons

We are very satisfied with the solution presented by this software, to the point of not having found ourselves before anything we want to do and can not do it in the tool.

Although it is intuitive, it can be a bit confusing to use in the first few changes. Then, everything flows with a lot of precision and speed. The main reason for this situation is the large number of options and configurations that can be made in Prosperwork.

• Used Other for Free Trial

Intuitive software at a price

Reviewed on 14/04/2020

Copper was great to use. It has native integration with gmail which makes things easier (you can achieve the same function in other CRM's with only a few steps)

It's really nice to work in something that feels google but pricing was just out of the picture for us. Other alternatives like teamwave provide the same/more services for an overall price

Pros

Copper is really easy to use, especially for people new to CRMs and that use g suite/gmail constantly. It connects directly through your gmail and provides the same features as other robust CRMs

Cons

It's really expensive, especially for startups and there are better options out there for a lot cheaper. Great software, exclusive pricing

Praveen R.

ProsperWorks is one of the best CRM solutions I used so far

Reviewed on 13/07/2018

Pros

Has a standardized graphical user interface. Has superb marketing feature. It is simple to install the setup and doesn't require much training on its usage. Helps you track leads and automatically sending them notifications, thereby increasing the sales. It is cloud-based and is integrated with Google applications making it easy to track all the interactions with your clients, Mailchimp, linked in. You can create and notes for each lead. It has a feature, wherein you can check if a prospect has opened your mail or not. The customer service and support team are very responsive. Each of the client’s profile comprises relevant information in addition to the previous conversation threads. Pipeline reporting helps large businesses. You can prioritize and plan all your events and meetings and set up task reminders. As it is integrated with Google products, manual data entry is avoided and it has helped in saving time and minimizing errors.

Cons

One of the main drawbacks of this CRM is that it lacks call integrations. The reporting feature needs upgradation.

Jesse S.
  • Industry: Renewables & Environment

No brained choice for CRM

Reviewed on 20/02/2020

Overall excellent value. Really helps have an easy to use CRM.

Pros

Highly intuitive interface. Plugs in easily to our Google Suite. Easy to update how it is organized when we change our workflow.

Cons

It would be nice if there were more options to customize reports. The existing reports don’t seem to work that well based on How we use the software.

Response from Copper

Thank you, Jesse. The team is going to love seeing this review!

Bronwyn M.

Copper Has Failed

Reviewed on 03/09/2019

A CRM is a great thing, but Copper has not delivered! The software is unreliable, the customer service has fallen short. What we were promised is not what we have received. It is too bad, because I love a lot of the features.

Pros

It is easy to use, once you get the hang of it. Good customization. Phone App. Copper integrates with all things Google.

Cons

The Software isn't solid!
In a matter of 6 weeks the CRM has had 2 major malfunctions, called "bugs" according to Copper support staff.
1)People Records Malfunction - I am the admin of this software and the person responsible for uploading 28 years of Legacy Data (all of our customer records). In attempting to update some of the outdated contact info changing phone numbers and addresses, emails etc. which I populated into Copper from various spreadsheets, work order lists, Quick Book records, and email contact lists. The "People" records began to malfunction; phone numbers literally began jumping around. Example, I would open someone's customer's record and another customers number would populate, I would end up calling the wrong customer. Copper engineers have been "working" on this for a month, still no fix.
2.) Opportunity Pipeline Malfunction - Imports are mapping to the wrong Pipeline. I have hundreds of business opportunity records, Google sheet based spreadsheets, that I am attempting to import (bulk) thousands of cells of data to the CRM, despite properly mapping the import (correct methods on my part) this crucial business information imports to the wrong pipeline & tons of data is lost in the process. This is huge, if you can't import and map your customers spreadsheet records (bulk) you have to hand enter each record. What should take 5 mins will take days/weeks/months! This has been going on for over a week now, and no one at Copper seems to care.

Response from Copper (formerly ProsperWorks)

Thank you for the honest review, Bronwyn. This is beyond helpful and we'll be taking your feedback to the team and look into improving where we were unable to provide a stellar user experience for you.

Andrew C.
  • Industry: Banking

Beware, especially when it comes to pricing

Reviewed on 28/03/2018

Beware of Prosperworks pricing strategy...of course nobody picks up a CRM system for a few months, not if you are making a serious decision for your company. Then, of course, the pricing decision favours the bigger payment annual plan (as opposed to the smaller monthly payment which is much higher on an ongoing basis) so I expect most businesses to opt for the annual plan.

But BEWARE of two things:
1) If you terminate at any time then "All charges are final, non-cancelable, and nonrefundable," This means you can sign on annually, use it for a month, give them their required 60 days termination notice, cancel.....but no refund.
2) AUTO RENEWAL. There is no prior notice on the 12 month mark. We had decided not to renew and thought we would get off the system at end of the 12 month period. Unfortunately, we thought we had commenced in March, but it turns out to be February, by which time the annual fee has been already taken from our account...then we are into the NOT REFUND terms.

Advice: I don't believe any small company can assess a crm for suitability during the 2 week free period after which we were forced to make a purchase decision. To save money (and we intended to be long term users) we signed on for annual plan. We stopped using the system after 6 months. I'm sure that Prosperworks knows this. This doesn't stop them from auto billing 12 months in advance without prior notice. Now we are paying for 2 years usage, having only used the system for 6 months.

More advice...the reason why we didn't immediately terminate from Prosperworks after 6 months (when we stopped using it) is obvious: we need to get our customer data out and that takes time. You should be aware of this as well: "All of Your Content on the Service may be permanently deleted by ProsperWorks upon any termination of your account in its sole discretion."

The customer service girl, after listening to my story said today "you can cancel on 60 days notice" but she did not tell me 1) that there would be no refunds (as per ProsperWorks terms) and 2) that they would delete all my data.

BEWARE BEWARE BEWARE. This is a marketing trap.

Pros

I thought the gmail integration would be a good idea, it turns out that you have to (almost) click every email attached to the customer to see what is going on and alot of emails are just copies of previous emails.

Prosperworks marketing is really good, and the interface and sell looks good.

Also, any person who reviews Prosperworks say within 2 months of using the system will likely give 5 starts....I think reviewers should wait a bit and test the system more. In our case, we have now been with the company and the software for over a year.

Cons

I concur with a previous user "3. Messy messy messy. The screen is just jammed packed with data, much of it useless, and it's difficult to find the data you want. Accordions inside of tabs inside of pop-ups? Really? Is that the best way to access the tasks associated with a client? It shouldn't take 3-4 clicks to get to a teeny tiny truncated accordion window of information. We should be able to see and sort through data related to a client within the main window. Bad design."

Scott M.
  • Industry: Entertainment

Great CRM for Entertainment Agency or any business really

Reviewed on 12/06/2020

Pros

I use gmail (POP) not G Suite and it runs seemless as a sidebar tool telling me about my clients and allowing me to add new contacts on the fly within my email. That isn't even the main app. Once inside I run my sales pipelines and see the productivity of my agents that use the software. Emailing from the software is easy and since we run bookings into clubs and things tour routing is super important and to segment on the fly and import contacts into Mailchimp is very cool to saves so much time.

Cons

Not having GSuite makes emailing a little unprofessional as it emails directly through my gmail address.

Jo B.

Perfect CRM for our tech start up

Reviewed on 20/02/2020

As a our company has grown, Copper has been crucial for us to keep track of the client journey, especially as we have some long sales cycles.

Pros

Copper has made it easy for us to build and structure our sales and client management processes, as well as manage many other types of contacts. When things are moving fast it is great for our team to be able to jump in and assist on any sale as everyone has full visibility to a client history. It’s seamless integration with google suite has also been a huge plus for us.

Cons

We would like to automate a range of emails for our users and can’t do this through Copper.

Response from Copper

Thanks for the review, Jo!

Emily F.
  • Industry: Alternative Medicine

Perfect option for my small business

Reviewed on 20/07/2018

I use PW as a solo business owner (it's just me, no employees). I run a medical-based business with clients who (hopefully) repeat business in 3, 6, or 12 months. With tags in Prosperworks, I can tag a client with the date they're due back and then find all clients due back (August 2018) for example. It really helps my workflow/tracking. I like the ability to track a client from appointment setting through follow-up in the "Opportunity" function. The integration with Gmail is critical for me as I also use G Suite as base for my business.

Pros

I absolutely love the seamless integration with gmail! I love the filter option when looking for customer information. The ability to create "Opportunities" for contacts is really helpful in tracking my workflow through the days/weeks.

Cons

There are always little things here and there that I'd like to tweak, but overall I am very happy with the system.

• Industry: Public Policy

Great CRM for GSuite

Reviewed on 29/03/2020

Great CRM for Gsuite. Best feature - ability to manage CRM reasonably well straight out of Gmail.

Pros

Tight integration with Gmail and Gsuite. Ease of use. Ability to customize to our workflow + business needs.

Cons

Hard to say. Given our business needs (less sales driven than most), we don't use anywhere near all the functionality so areas like reporting or pipeline management *might* not be great for a larger enterprise...but fine for us.

Response from Copper

Now this is the good stuff. Thanks for the glowing review!

Stuart W.
  • Industry: Events Services

Terrible Customer Service

Reviewed on 26/03/2020

Ok software, terrible customer service.

Pros

Software is simple. The pro is the widget for your Gmail Inbox.

Cons

Contact information automation is below par and we had the occasional syncing issues. The feature are not worth the price per user. After using the service for a full year we decided it wasn't the right fit. When we requested to cancel the service, [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] from Copper refused to refund us because it was 2 days past the deadline! I responded to [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] who never wrote back. I have made multiple attempts to contact Copper and still haven't heard anything back.

Response from Copper

Hi Stuart, we're sorry to hear that your time and experience with our product and team hasn't been stellar. We do see that there were conversations with our support team regarding your account and that they fulfilled your request to cancel. We greatly appreciate your time spent with us and hope we can be an option for you again in the future.

Robyn M.

Prosperworks CRM

Reviewed on 03/10/2016

There was confusion from the beginning as to who my main point of contact was to get started. I had an initial person, then interacted with two others. None were able to assist with questions about merging my domain name email with my gmail account. The CRM software specifically caters to gmail users. That was fine as I had set up my domain name email to send/receive via my gmail account. None of the support persons were able to advise or confirm if Prosperworks would still work with my domain email via gmail. I was instructed by one of them that I would need to also subscribe to the paid Google for Business service. From the onset I was asked and confirmed I was only interested in the level. As I'm a new agent in Real Estate, and I would be the sole user, I did not need, nor could afford the bells and whistles. One of the key selling points was the ability to track and see when my emails were opened. At no point in my various conversations with 3 different consultants was I told that this feature was only available at the price point. It was only after I had installed the software and inquired about the missing feature that I was told I wasn't eligible. Also, the ongoing question about the integration of my domain name email address was never satisfied. After playing around with the app, importing contacts and setting up both my gmail and domain name email in the app during the free trial period, I discovered that I would need to pay for an additional account for the "second email" even though it was me the same person. My take-away was that I would need to pay for each additional subscriber. When compared to others like Hub Spot, this is simply a bad deal. At no point during the onboarding process was this explained until I was ready to confirm payment/my own personal email issues. I was told a supervisor who would be more knowledgable would be in touch. It was around a week later I heard from a supervisor. By then I had moved on. I informed her that I had discovered HubSpot and would be using that as my CRM moving forward. HubSpot is free and also comes with the feature to track opened emails. The supervisor told me that HubSpot was NOT a CRM. It is. So, in the end I would not recommend Prosperworks. It seems this app is too new and the support team is lacking in knowledge. At the basic level of it's not worth it when compared to others that offer the majority of the same features for free.

Pros

useful if you use gmail exclusively.

Cons

lack of knowledgable support team.
too expensive when compared to other CRMs

Ashley M.

Copper

Reviewed on 04/04/2019

We ended up cancelling our account and have started using another CRM.

Pros

What I liked most is that you could create contacts and/or deals. So if we have a customer that has had initial contact, we can input/import them as a contact but we don't have to start a deal for them. This is helpful for when the customer is interested yet and we want to keep their contact information so we can reach back out at a later date.

Cons

The way you set tasks and notes within Copper can be sort of a scramble. If you want to find a specific note, you have to just scroll through the deal until you find it. There is no easy way to search for something specific.

Alex L.
  • Industry: Events Services

Prosperworks is the best and simplest CRM on the market currently!

Reviewed on 10/04/2018

Pros

We have gone back and forth between Prosperworks and SalesforceIQ in our company. It is a tough decision between them because both are amazing platforms that fulfill a lot of the same requirements. We finally decided to go with Prosperworks and couldn't be happier. It gives us an amazing visual platform to see all of our deals in progress and more importantly, the ability to see status of deals we already closed. We can make sure that both deals in progress and closed deals are being handled and our clients are 100% satisfied. Awesome software!

Cons

The mobile app is a little slow sometimes but I am sure the Prosperworks team is working on it. Other than that, it can be expensive for larger teams.

Pressilla D.
  • Industry: Insurance

Good for Start Ups

Reviewed on 28/11/2020

Using Copper was a great start when my business was just starting up. The features are good but basic. It's worth the value for the money. But as my business expanded I needed more features and integration that it did not offer.

Pros

I used copper for over 6 months before switching to another CRM. It was fairly easy to use. It integrated nicely with G-suite and my task reminders were always on point. I was able to use the pipeline easily for tracking progress within deals and the managing the contacts was quite easy as well.

Cons

It didn't integrate with Facebook which was one of my main channels for advertising. It didn't integrate with my phone system which is probably the biggest reason that I switched to another CRM.

Jay W.
  • Industry: Fund-Raising

Easy to use and product continues to add features

Reviewed on 09/08/2017

Tracking my activity with prospects.

Pros

I really like the way that Prosperworks integrates with Google Calendar and Google Mail. I'm able to schedule meetings on my calendar from within Prosperworks and it tracks my email correspondence with each contact and other activities as well. Easy to import contacts. Really like the ability to custom fields for the sales process and to provide tags to prospects and clients.

Cons

I would like to see more discrete data by activity type. Primarily can only get the number of times an interaction has occurred within the universe of a contact type. Would like to be able to drill down with more specifics, like the type of contact and text of notes written.

Robert B.

Not the most cost effective CRM out there but the native G Suite integration is irreplaceable.

Reviewed on 12/07/2018

Incredibly easy deployment and a so far flawless CRM solution.

Pros

The native integration into G Suite put ProsperWorks miles ahead of the rest of the CRM crowd. Deployment was incredibly easy and has all of the industry standard CRM options.

Cons

The lack of a proper admin/management dashboard. As we've grown we've transitioned users to/from roles and changing licenses or managing billing is not as fluid as it should be for a cloud based service. It's could use a refresh with role based access in mind.

• Industry: Apparel & Fashion
  • Used Weekly for Free Trial

The CRM that defines the true meaning of automation work.

Reviewed on 13/05/2018

Pros

ProsperWorks CRM truly defines automation, simplicity and insight. It is the world’s easiest to learn and use Customer Intelligence Platform that we could find on the internet. The best thing that me and my time loved about it was that it seamlessly integrates with our google apps ecosystem. Just after signing up we received tons of emails of our insights and it automatically built up our customer profiles from the data of our google ecosystem. It automatically showed suggestions for related prospects. With all of our data in place it helped us to visually manage our timeline. It got read of all our grunt work and increased team visibility. On calculating we found that it saves almost 3-4 hours per week of our time.

Cons

ProsperWorks is a high quality CRM solution that doesn’t seems to have any drawbacks but our review team has pointed out a few areas that can be improved, like their could be more reporting options and export for activity logs. Currently, there is no internal automatic email but you have the option of using gmail and the zapier integration. This app seriously needs some telephone integration

• Industry: Individual & Family Services

Memorialist Using Copper

Reviewed on 24/07/2018

Copper has immensely streamlined the whole process of selling a memorial, going through production and taking it to the end zone.

Pros

I love how easy it is to see where you are in the production cycle using the pipelines. When a client calls and asks about job status, it is easy to get that information, bypassing going to the shop first to check. I also love all of the customization in drop downs and data entry fields.

Cons

What I am less enthused about is the inability to instantly have a custom report on a person (in our case a customer that has a deceased person attached to them) that I can print out and put into that customers file.

David M.
  • Industry: Human Resources

i wish i never paid for this product

Reviewed on 18/02/2020

this is a half done crm
they are good at selling but support is terrible

Pros

it works well with gmail, that is about all

Cons

set up help- non existent
customer support- chat only, they take a long time to respond
no way to communicate with team through copper
they suggested we set up a slack account, but then did not know how to integrate
this is just a shitty crm

Response from Copper

Hi David,

Thanks for the feedback. We're really sorry to hear about your experience. We have a few suggested ways you can communicate with your team within Copper:

1. Our Slack integration
2. @ mentions

While we don't have a live chat you can use in Copper, we have found those two options can be very helpful.

We'd love to hear more of your feedback and have reached out to you directly if you're open to chatting more.

Jay W.

Good interface with Google apps.

Reviewed on 21/04/2018

Pipeline and activity tracking is excellent.

Pros

The ability to custom fields for contacts and sales pipeline is a big plus. I also find it easy to import contacts.

Cons

Address and contact info do not populate automatically when a contact is added to an existing company in the database.