Housecall Pro

2541 Software options

Matthew P.

How To With Housecall Pro

Reviewed on 17/10/2021

Keeping track of many calls and its ease of mixing with other platforms

Pros

Ease of use and accurate information exchanges.

Cons

1.) EACH TECH should be able to see their route for the day on a map to make better adjustment to drive time
2.) Search function for completed jobs for client with many address has no search magnifying glass to search by typing, have to search by looking at every address
4.) Six hour window option would be nice
5.) No inventory management for truck stock built in.
6.) Pause feature for jobs waiting on parts, separate from only unscheduled

Skye C.
  • Industry: Hospitality

This software is a game changer

Reviewed on 23/05/2021

Pros

Our customers love the communication. Our staff love how easy it is to use the app. It sets us miles ahead of our competition and gives us that sharp professional look we strive to bring our customers on the job. The fact that it communicates with our Quickbooks software makes the accounting end simple and saves a tremendous amount of time.

Cons

At this point, there isn't anything I don't like about HCP! I am a happy customer!

ZenMaid and Jobber

Reasons for Choosing Housecall Pro

ServiceTitan was too complicated for our team.

Reasons for Switching to Housecall Pro

Easy to use. Focused on customer service. Price was acceptable.
Kevin W.

Great value for most small businesses

Reviewed on 31/01/2021

It has been great!

Pros

The software is easy to use and navigate. I have had no issues implementing it in my day to day operations.

Cons

I would like to be able to make changes directly from the reporting screen (update tags, add/delete info, etc)

Wendy P.

Housecall Pro IS the BEST Platform for Businesses

Reviewed on 19/05/2020

By utilizing Housecall Pro platform, we are much more organized in our processes from Technicians, Customers and Training. Our revenue increased more than 25% in the first year and nearly 30 in the second.
The hands on support from the very top echelon of upper management is unfounded. Nowhere else have we experienced first hand the level of support from all of Housecall Pro's teams from the top COO to the IT Technicians who continually improve the platform.

Pros

My most favorite part of this software is the people that back it up. Software is software, it's the people who make the difference.
All of the Housecall Pro teams are some of the most amazing people in this world.
The software is very user friendly with many features being created to meet the demands and needs of the trades that use. The continuous upgrades to the platform, features and 3rd party extensions that make the user experience more customizable for the intended users.
Always pushing the boundaries of excellence.

Cons

The accounting side of things for the money transmitted to the bank. Sometimes there are glitches that cause problems within the money deposited transmissions and the tax rate causes errors that are not always an easy fix. The work around to fix the errors caused more work for me by having to go into my quickbooks to change a tax rate then reinstate it to the original rate. Oye' vei ?

Nathan C.

Very good quality software for extremely reasonable price.

Reviewed on 22/03/2020

A most pleasant surprise that I never planned on having. Now it's hard to imagine not having it for a tool. Progressive changes and additions evolve the software frequently. But user interaction is fairly simple to learn. The capabilities to help with a companies growth and customer experience are immense and always getting better.

Pros

A software service I just stumbled upon through a distributors app. Had no plan to sign up at all. I wanted the free gift for completion of a demo. It has helped in ways that I never thought would be a need for my business. My clients appreciate the messaging/reminder of services plus real time updates to arrival. All paperless invoicing saves on overhead. Highly professional looking invoices that provide my customers an itemized description of their service. Customers open an invoice and click the pay link or can pay by credit card reader with standard rates or lower. Easily links to quickbooks. And then automated thank you emails with requests for reviews.

Cons

I find it difficult to link my reviews across all platforms available to my customers. Having nearly 100 reviews with a perfect 5 star rating and well written reviews about my services provided, if new potential customers can't see them across other platforms is somewhat useless.

Procore

Reasons for Switching to Housecall Pro

Less expensive and seemed geared more towards HVAC with some pre packaged industry specific templates.
Michelle M.

Amazing!

Reviewed on 20/02/2020

With HCP we are able to streamline invoicing & dispatching. We are also able to provide valuable information to our clients that we could not do before. We increased efficiency by 45% within the first 30 days of using HCP.

Pros

Setting up our company was very easy and quick. Invoicing and dispatching jobs is detailed and easy to do. Creating price lists is the best feature, it eliminates questions often asked by staff on how to price something. We were able to create several price lists to accommodate contracted clients, residential and sub contractor pricing as well. Purchasing HCP software was the best decision we have made for business solutions. We are able to track labor, costs, payroll, invoicing, dispatching, we can see the location of technicians in the field also. You have the ability to track them in live time. The best feature the technicians like is the ability to take pictures within the app and add directly to specific work orders.

Customer service is exceptional and responds quickly(depending on the time of day). In most cases you can find the answer you're looking for via the FAQ section. This feature is available on the desktop and mobile formats making it easy for technicians in the field to find an answer themselves without having to call into the office for information. Running reports are simple as well.

Cons

Our least favorite items within the app is not being able to select which permissions you want employees to be able to see. Meaning the tech can see revenue on jobs etc.

There is a 2day lag on deposits. The processing fees for a CC is inline with other merchants currently available.

Microsoft Excel and Square Point of Sale

Reasons for Switching to Housecall Pro

HCP offered everything we needed and features we didn't know we needed.
Ben H.

HCP listens

Reviewed on 20/09/2019

We enjoy using HCP. There the best we've used by far, and we've used camelot and servicemonster. The Mastermind was helpful and we get the feeling they overall care and are out there to make us better. Our clients rave about the omw's and finishes communication. I love texting through the app (although I wish you could see/use that from the desktop). It simply makes us look more professional and it usually works... which is more than I can say about other services.

Pros

I like that a conference call was set up with me to discuss a major issue I had with billing multiple contact/dept clients. They listened to my concerns and within 2 hours made a change to the software they we now utilize on a weekly basis.

Cons

There's still a few buttons that need to be accessible a little easier. For instance, the client search has too many steps to be the single most used button. (that's why we have hcp is to keep track of our clients info etc. (too many un-needed steps). You've made me click the client page, then I have to select the search bar... which happens to be on the opposite end of the screen. Either have the search bar auto fill (start curser there) so we can click client, and then start typing the clients name, or (my preference) add the search bar to the header and have it accessible from every page.

2nd biggest fix requested: I really wish we would get a notification similar to when a invoice doesn't connect with QBO properly for when our text and emails don't go through to the client. We love the software so much that we use the omw, finish tabs as well as sending estimates via email... and it's frustrating hearing the client didn't receive the notification only to then learn we had a missing letter or wrong digit etc. that we could have caught initially. It makes the client feel like we've forgotten them when they are expecting the notification and we do our part, but they don't receive it.... and we don't know that it didn't get completed.

Wayne W.
  • Industry: Consumer Services

The best service management software for small to medium service companies.

Reviewed on 01/05/2019

Pros

Housecall pro was designed with the most important things to be successful in business in mind. They are constantly improving the software, and have estabilshed a community that you can tap into to become a better business. They listen to their users and are proactive. And the mobile version works great!
I have Housecall pro fully integrated with Quickbooks Online, offer integrated online booking, offer service agreements, and impress customers with the automated texts and emails. I originally spent I don't know how many hours looking for the right software, trying to figure out what they all actually did, and tried several different programs. I even switched to another software after using Housecall for a year because I thought they were not going to develop their service agreement capabilities, but that

Cons

Over the past two years, there have been several issues for which I have needed to use a work around, but most of those issues have been, or are being addressed. Currently the most inconvenient issue is a somewhat clunky estimate process, and the inability to create multi-option estimates from the mobile app, but they are working to solve that issue.

Kickserv and FieldEdge

Reasons for Switching to Housecall Pro

Housecall pro worked better for me and their customer service and online community is exceptional.
Julie H.

This software changed my life and kept my relationship together!

Reviewed on 04/05/2018

it makes my job way easier AND we were able to have a paperless office.

Pros

Ok so my partner and I started a new business together and I was using Joist which, for free, is a sweet app but I quickly realized that a serious business needed a serious software to help with logistics. Demo ensued and... Long story short our sales person was really cool and answered all of my difficult questions with ease. And trust me I am an office gorilla. And if you are trying to bamboozle me, well, I have those maternal instincts that can smell bamboozling a mile away. the program was easy to use and easy to learn. It has a real-time app that my tech in the field uses, it is partnered with zillow so the service address shows up with all the juicy details, bed/bathroom, sq ft, price it sold for . my tech uses the map function so he doesn't have to call me for directions. you can search specific date ranges and tag customers with specific tags for ROI data. It keeps a graph display dashboard of all the business vitals. Unlike other programs this one lets you pick the level you want to pay and for more you can get extra services. the lowest level still gives you plenty to run a successful business. I LOVE house call Sparky, the virtual text concierge, that reminds clients when their appointment is, confirms appt, tells them when the tech is en route and when a job is finished. There is a pay online feature, a "bill to separate address" feature, and the customer service is the BEST I've ever dealt with. they even take suggestions.

Cons

when you use the payment box to run a credit card it pops up in the center of the screen and you cant move it to see what the billing zip is on the screen below it.
I don't know if it's me but sometimes it takes a few seconds longer than I like to load between screens. There might be a toggle feature I am missing.
I work hard and I expect my technology to do the same.
I would like to see a little more flexibility in the price list feature. It should operate faster with the line item selection. If I pick something I know is in our saved price list it takes a minute for it to populate the selection box.
When you are inputting the prices of line items by hand the cursor goes to weird places in the price. drives me bonkers

Cameron H.

Long time User Review!!! Love this App and Company

Reviewed on 09/06/2017

Pros

I have been a user since House Call Pro went national with their service. I don't have anything but good things about the company itself and the app/software!

First, the app is for the phone works flawlessly and has improved so much since I first started. (aka awesome development and customer service team behind the app).

The latest feature that I love is the employee time tracking feature! They can clock in and out right in the app! and the report for that is simple and user-friendly! I have 1 employee and looking to add another and this solves that huge time tracking issue I was having because they listen to their pros.

Now that doesn't cover what my customers have said to me about how they like all the notifications and email reminders and text alerts and so on and so on. This adds so much value to my company. Communication with customers is I think #1 in service based business' and House Call Pro knocks it out of the park!

Also great customer service. Great development speed. They are always getting feedback from their pros and using that to put the more requested features to the top of their development roadmap. I love that and have seen it over and over again the past 1.5 years or so I have been using the app.

Cons

Cons? I would have to say no Ipad native app. However, they have made changes to the web portal so it is touch screen friendly and you can still use the mobile app as well just zoomed in. But the web portal through the browser on my iPad works well, I just know it would be snappier as a dedicated app. BUT I also know adding another version of the app would slow overall development of new features as a whole so I am understanding.

Joshua A.
  • Industry: Environmental Services

Housecall Pro in the HVAC field

Reviewed on 05/06/2020

From customer service, integration and ease of use this product can't be beat

Pros

The scheduling feature alone makes our daily operation extremely efficient, couple that with the customer notification system and you have a full office in the palm of your hand!

Cons

We haven't found anything yet! The system is very easy to use!

Reasons for Choosing Housecall Pro

We were looking to go digital and paperless. We are a small company and were looking for an edge to set us apart from other companies in our area who use traditional service tickets and office personnel for scheduling and record keeping. This program reduces our need for office time and keeps everyone informed with what is going on during our day and gets us into the field faster than traditional methods.

Reasons for Switching to Housecall Pro

Cost, ease of use, available add on options and integration with quick books.
Shauna B.

Game Changer!

Reviewed on 07/04/2020

I love the relationships I’ve been able to develop with the Housecall Pro staff! They are so selfless and really care about their Customers. They are innovative and always looking for a way to help us out!

Pros

Housecall Pro has changed how we do business for the better! It saves us countless hours. We have streamlined so many of our processes. Our customers love the communication it provides. It’s been one of the best business decisions we’ve made!

Cons

I’ve struggled a bit with running reports but that could just be a user error and lack of knowledge on my part.

Reasons for Choosing Housecall Pro

I didn’t feel like I could grow with the software i had.

Reasons for Switching to Housecall Pro

Because of the amazing features, growth potential and price point for a small, growing business.
Brent C.

Housecall Pro - Save Time & Money

Reviewed on 03/04/2019

Complete time savings all the way around. The ability to look as professional as possible with the look of the estimates and invoices, on my way functionality, email and text invoicing, automation with texts for reviews after the job is finished, and getting paid in a timely manner.
One of the othe big benefits is the HCP Facebook group - so many people helping each other, not just with HCP questions and suggestions, but also with general business questions and knowledge.
HCP takes it to another level and is reasonably priced for all the features and functionality!

Pros

Provides everything needed to automate a business, from estimates to invoicing, to reporting, and dispatching.
HCP also values the act of customer service. Communication is key, and instant invoice receipt to the customer once payment is received, delights customers.
The On my way (OMW) texting feature is so powerful, as customers know when you are coming and takes a second to push a button to let them know.
The ability to take payment within the HCP application is fabulous and the ability to provide an opportunity for a customer tip, is a great feature - I found that when given the opportunity, and the job is done well, customers want to tip, to show their appreciation.
In addition, the Zillow interface is a nice feature, that allows a sneak peak into the customer’s home value - which is telling and can help with up selling.

Cons

Not many cons to HCP, but I would say a few areas for additional functionality. Customer time zone would be nice when using on line bookings, but only for companies with multiple locations in multiple time zones.
Invoice discounts that only impact service and not the materials would be nice, but a line for a discount works as well just fine.
A little extra functionality with deposits would be helpful, but using segments also gets around that requirement.

Garry R.

Quality Product at a Reasonable Price

Reviewed on 08/05/2021

The overall experience has been positive and in fact I have recommended the the app to some of my customers and friends and feel very comfortable doing that.

Pros

The product was recommended to me by a fellow company and it dramatically improved the efficiency of my business. The features are very helpful and it comes packaged at a reasonable price.

Cons

I have had a few experiences over the probably 4 years I've been with Housecall Pro where I wasn't completely satisfied with the customer support. Overall I've been satisfied but you are always going to catch somebody once in a while who is stressed or having a bad day and the conversation doesn't go as well as you would like.

ServiceMonster

Reasons for Switching to Housecall Pro

I had received a couple of recommendations for Housecall Pro and the pricing was a little better so I decided to pull the plug and go for Housecall Pro.
Brandon S.

HCP Is the Way To Go

Reviewed on 15/04/2020

I am extremely happy with the software. Our company is based in San Diego, and their support staff are always ON THE BALL. The software is constantly improving and adding new features almost weekly. They set a high bar.

Pros

I like that this software is build for the trades. In our industry there are a lot of CRMs that are designed supposedly with us in mind. HCP is the only software that has created a price point vs feature system that truly works for 99% of all trade companies like mine. There are so many features for the price- effortless scheduling, reporting KPIs, job tags, property profiles, customers/sub customers for those who work with property managers, etc...Parts/pricing, easy to use mobile app...the list goes on.

Cons

This software has provided me with zero cons thus far.

Reasons for Choosing Housecall Pro

They had extremely high pricing, and lackluster features. You need to hire outside teams to set the software up. It is not user friendly.

Reasons for Switching to Housecall Pro

The price point vs features were there.
Kenalee M.

More than a software company

Reviewed on 07/04/2020

They've helped my company look like and feel exactly how I wanted it. They are always looking for feedback on how to improve their service to us, and value our opinions.

Pros

The ease of use. The friendly and helpful staff. The customers love the notifications, and I love how they know exactly when we are going to arrive and when the job is completed.

Cons

I haven't found many cons in the 2 years I've been using Housecall pro. And the one I had had been addressed and fixed in a very efficient manner.

ZenMaid and Jobber

Reasons for Switching to Housecall Pro

Their back office reports and time tracking were at a higher scale, and easier to access. Customer profiles were easier to set up and provided more information. Customer service was at a much higher level as well. HCP helped me customize my pricing.
Shani G.

SO SIMPLE!

Reviewed on 04/04/2020

Holy cow! What a relief!!!! Everything from our demo to onboarding and daily use has been the polar opposite of our previous software.

Pros

We found HCP to be very simple compared to the other product and my guys were working with it in the field the day they were trained.

Cons

There are some little things that I'd love to see fixed.
1) Tab name in browser to show which view is up. Like rather than it just saying Housecall Pro, it would say HCP - Customers.
2) When you are searching for a customer name/add new customer, if you're in the new Job form and type in the name and it's not found. You click the button to add them and you have to type in their last name again. It would be cool if the 2 fields used the last name and then it was pre-filled when you went to the form for the new customer.

Reasons for Choosing Housecall Pro

We'd been using it for 6 mos and our techs were still not up and running in the field with it. Too complicated and tedious.

FieldEdge

Ease of use.
John M.

Easy of usage.

Reviewed on 20/09/2019

Pros

I love the customizing ability to fit my needs. The program just works and text support helps keep it working.

Cons

It's searching and it's organizing the results. Example of this is, say you have a lot of clients in a apartment or condo complex, the search will bring up matching results but not in any order. Even if I was to alphabetize the column, it does not seem to allow us to fine tune, by the unit number in this example. So you have to scroll through the whole presentes list.

Michael Q.

User

Reviewed on 12/07/2020

At this beginning stages of using software it feels smooth to use without a lot clutter on screen making confusing to use.

Pros

I am in the begging stages of try Housecall Pro, Also i have used other software to compare. The one thing that brought me back on using Housecall Pro is the simplicity of using. Using App is my favorite part of Housecall Pro software. I like the the detail and cleanness of view and scheduling calls, compared to the other software. The Housecall Pro designers seem to be going in the right direction on continuing developing great advancements to software.

Cons

Had having the chance to use other software to compare gives me a better idea what i like and what feature are important to me. Housecall Pro has a lot of great feature but has some feature that are missing that would really make it a great software! What i like least about software is dose NOT have inventory tracking, Equipment worked on Model / Serial number option to be shown on invoice print out, and a specific area to type job complaint when scheduling and area to type in completed worked details.

Service Fusion, Wintac and FieldEdge

Reasons for Choosing Housecall Pro

Im still in testing stages but what drew me over was the Housecall Pro's app.... easier to use.

Reasons for Switching to Housecall Pro

I'm not completely sold on Housecall Pro yet but would say the #1 reason for trying software is simplicity of using.
Sheri D.
  • Used Daily for Free Trial

Great, but lacking in features

Reviewed on 31/10/2018

So far I like it but I am really looking forward to improvements in features and hoping I don't get charged a whole lot more when this program is already quite more expensive than others that offer more features.

Pros

It's great how this links directly to Quickbooks Online, and when I update something in HCP it automatically pushes the update to QBO. I like that my techs can edit and create invoices from the field and take payments as well. Overall it is pretty user friendly, and my techs find the app easy to use in the field.

Cons

The limited customizable features. For example, it will allow me to customize the text message that goes out to a customer when they book an appointment but it will not allow me to customize the email that goes out.
Also, the old program I used allowed me to store email templates for all sorts of uses, there is nowhere to store templates on this program. I wish I could store a template to go out with invoices, etc instead of having to copy and paste each time I send it and fill in the name instead of allowing it to fill in automatically with tags for "[first name]", "[address]" "[invoice amount]", etc..
I also wish I could just call a customer service rep for help sometimes. Chat is great for quick questions but sometimes it's easier to just talk to someone.
I wish I could customize the Phone Number tabs in the customer profile. It only allows me to put in "mobile" when I want to say who's mobile it is. A lot of times there is a mobile number for a spouse, caretaker, housekeeper, etc that I would love to be able to differentiate between on the customer profile like I could on my old program.

Zach B.
  • Industry: Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing

Quality CRM and more!

Reviewed on 07/04/2020

Housecall Pro has helped as a software and as a community in building/ re-building my companies infrastructure. It's rebranded us in a way that represents the quality effort we put into our work now also extending into our virtual representation of the company.

Pros

This software brought my family's company into the era of information and streamline ability. It helped already top-performing employees become more efficient and proud of their part in the company, and employees who just got by; accountable and inspired to take on more responsibility because they could measure their own performance and see how much more serious customers and potential customers took them while using this very user-friendly interface.

Cons

I would love to see more features that help the guys in the field perform consistently across all projects like prompted checklists before, during, and after job buttons are pushed.

Chelsey W.
  • Industry: Recreational Facilities & Services

Grow, organize, systematize, and maximize

Reviewed on 07/04/2020

Not only did housecall save me office headache and hassle I have doubled our revenue as well as gone from about an average 60% sales collected to 90 % sales collected(in literally 3 months time) If anyone knows cash flow blows themselves seriously get on the ball and sign up now!

Pros

This software was all that I was looking for and more. I needed something to streamline my business and manage my staff and clients! You must be committed to the set up and learning yourself but housecall literally gives such wonderful guidance and support it’s like having a full blown office full of colleagues right at your fingertips. Not only has Housecall given me the peace of mind needed to run and maintain a consistent quality service but they just keep on giving by providing support and networking guidance. I believe they give far more than just the initial list of services and are well worth the $ spent.

Cons

Sometimes (very rarely) there are little bugs or hiccups in software or updating. Staff is great at resolving !

David C.

Excellent CRM Software for my business!

Reviewed on 15/04/2020

It has been a great administrative and field tool that I utilize daily. Automates the entire service experience with my customers and saves me a ton of time in the office!

Pros

Scheduling and customer notifications. My customers rave about the constant communication from initial call to review invitations after work is completed.

Cons

So far there have been no issues for my company with this software.

ThermoGRID and Service Fusion

Reasons for Choosing Housecall Pro

Other software didn’t have features I needed.

Reasons for Switching to Housecall Pro

Best deal and feedback from other contractors. Also the open forum groups on Facebook for all hcp users to help each other is fantastic.
Paul B.

Look No Further

Reviewed on 04/04/2020

It was been excellent. Although it has its limitations, its strengths far surpass the negatives. Highly recommend to electricians, plumbers, HVAC, and other service professionals who run multiple crews.

Pros

The ability to stay organized with this software is impressive. Add private notes to prep your crews for job details, automated appointment reminders to customers, accept/decline feature on estimates to ensure the customer has agreed to contract terms, competitive rates on credit card processing fees, excellent scheduling interface, and well thought out customer database design are just some of the many features this program absolutely excels at. I highly recommend this software to every contractor I know. Our customers love it as well as it makes communication streamlined and consistent.

Cons

The QuickBooks integration is not quite there if you are uninitiated. I urge you to have your bookkeeper familiarize themselves with the program before you roll this out because it can destroy your books with duplicate entries if you are unprepared for your initial integration. It is also difficult to bill out multiple payments within a job without using segments to manipulate your invoices and work orders.

Katherine J.

Must buy!!!

Reviewed on 18/02/2021

Pros

This software has paid for itself! We were loosing so much money having paper receipts and using a joint calendar app prior to Housecall pro. We love how it shows us who owes us money. It’s so easy to send a bill. Customers have the option of entering in their own cars info through a link sent with the bill. We have had zero issues with Housecall pros card readers. We can still accept checks and cash and mark it off as paid. We love being able to look at job history for our customers. I highly recommend this service!!

Cons

I don’t like how it calculates job totals on the app. I would love to be able to see a break down of my job totals alone or my co-workers per month and per current year to date totals combined or alone per employee. I don’t like how it totals estimates into the figure I see on the app.

ServiceTitan and FieldEdge

Reasons for Switching to Housecall Pro

Pricing and customer service.