Zoho Expense Reviews

Zoho Expense

4.6 (1,003)
Write a Review!
The one-stop-shop for travel and expense management

(1,003)

Jayna
Jayna

Zoho for the low low

Reviewed on 13/07/2022

Keeping up with financial aspect of the business is a must and Zoho makes it easier and enjoyable.

Pros

Easy integration, love the videos on each subject matter. The layout is good and user friendly.

Cons

At the moment, all seems good. Impressed.

Federico
Federico
  • Industry: Banking

Great product for a Small / Medium Business

Reviewed on 10/07/2022

My experience, in this solution, is excellent. Zoho Expense provides great value to the operations by helping with the manage and control of expenses.

Pros

This is a great product which allows you to track expenses in a single view, shows duplicated charges, and its approval settings really help improve the expending culture in the company. In addition, has a Free Plan!

Cons

The issue, like any solution, depends on its compatibility with other solutions like Quickbooks, but it does have an easy workaround so that would be a minimum problem.

SAP Concur and Fyle

Reasons for Choosing Zoho Expense

Zoho Expense has a Free Plan and works perfectly with Netsuit.

SAP Concur and Fyle

Reasons for Switching to Zoho Expense

We tested two alternative solutions and the ratio quality/price was impressively better in Zoho Expense.
Tracy
  • Industry: Design

Great tool to track and store receipts

Reviewed on 10/01/2023

I love the idea of being able to easily capture my receipts and have them backed up and integrated with my Zoho Books. I did find it a little bit tricky to use and I did end up duplicating expenses that I was unable to rectify - not on the app or on my Zoho Books. So perhaps find some vides on how to use it correctly before it causes a problem in your accounts

Pros

I love how easy it is to capture reciepts and expenses and that it links up to my Zoho Books so it only needs to be captured once. I love the approval feature for employees and the reimbursements too - it just makes admin much easier.

Cons

As a beginner, I found it a bit tricky to use. I am not an accountant and am just starting to manage my business accounts better, and I just found that the jargon of the software was not that straightforward. I ended up with a problem on my main Zoho Books because of logging the receipts incorrectly and some were duplicated which caused some confusion.

Response from Zoho

Hi Tracy,

Thank you for sharing your valuable feedback.

We would like to provide you with an in depth training to make use of Zoho Expense more effectively. Also, we would be going through the configurations that you have done and make sure that everything is properly set up. Please send an email to <[email protected]> with more details so that we can get in touch with you.

Awaiting your response.

Nikhil Raj T - Zoho Expense

Mariya

Such an easy to use app to scan & track checks

Reviewed on 07/03/2024

Pros

Scanning checks! So easy and quick. Highly recommend.

Cons

I just used it for checks and I am very happy with it.

• Industry: Import & Export

ZOHO Expense

Reviewed on 27/11/2023

The Zoho expense is easy to use, fast to start up and it could help to improve the operation efficiency for proceed claims

Pros

The AI for identify the receipt content is high and it save the time for typing the description of the receipt

Cons

There are only three receipts is allow to upload in one go. Hope it could accept more receipts file upload

Reasons for Choosing Zoho Expense

Their expense claims report is not comprehensive and the description is missing

Info-Tech HRMS

Reasons for Switching to Zoho Expense

We use Zoho as our CRM and it is good for the user to use Zoho Expense in one account

Great product

Reviewed on 04/02/2024

Experience has been wonderful. It's easy for my team to access

Experience has been wonderful. It's easy for my team to access

Pros

Love the AI scan. Also the fact that there's a mobile app. Makes it easier than using Google sheets. I also like that I can add my team members too. Also love that it syncs with zoho books.

Cons

Nothing at all. I think it's all great.

• Industry: Management Consulting
  • Used Monthly for Free Trial

Versatile yet user friendly

Reviewed on 25/04/2024

Pros

Easy to use, cloud based, mobile software that works well.

Cons

Lack of automatic categorization of receipts.

Response from Zoho

Hi,

Thank you for taking the time to review Zoho Expense and sharing your feedback.

We are glad that you find Zoho Expense easy to use. We are constantly working on the application to make it more snappier and feature rich.

We do an Auto-categorization feature which works based on merchants. We would require more information from your end to look into the problem you were facing with Auto-categorization. Please drop an email to <support[at]zohoexpense[dot]com>. This would help us to assist you further.

Assuring you our best service at all times.

Thanga - Zoho Expense

• Industry: Alternative Dispute Resolution
  • Used Weekly for Free Trial

Great for small business owner

Reviewed on 04/05/2024

Pros

Great way to track expenses using your company credit card

Cons

Would love a free option but unfortunately - not after the trial

Arhum

New User to Zoho

Reviewed on 13/05/2024

Pros

It seems very powerful and seems to have a lot of features

Cons

It's complicated, I wish it was easy to learn

Rajesh
  • Industry: Mechanical or Industrial Engineering
  • Used Monthly for Free Trial

Easy to Use

Reviewed on 01/05/2024

Pros

User Friendly, Hassel-free, Easy to Track bills.

Cons

i think there is no cons, wish there is was no minimum user slab to purchase zoho expenses

Tina
  • Industry: Wholesale

Life Saver

Reviewed on 04/10/2022

By using the app, I automatically take pictures of receipts when getting them. No more procrastination inputting at the end of the week. I don't miss any receipts and they are in order by date, so accounting can match to the credit card charges. This is saving time and sometimes trees. A lot of hotel receipts are emailed directly to my business email. I'm able to go on website and attach these receipts into the report saving paper. Very easy to do. You can never get back time. Time is money and this saves me a lot of it.

Pros

When my previous provider discontinued their service, I was in a panic. I immediately started searching and reading reviews. Zoho Expense was the closest I could find to support my needs. The cost was very reasonable, and the app is easy to use. It was important for me to be able to have access to an app that stored receipt photos and giving me a comment section where I could explain what each expense was for. Their app was self-explanatory easy to use, and the website allows you to review all information compiled on the app making changes, if necessary, before submitting.

Cons

The only downside I have experienced is when taking photos on the app, the photo store to my phone. There might be an easy fix to this, but I haven't had time to try. I just go and delete all the photos once my expenses have been submitted.

Reasons for Choosing Zoho Expense

They no longer offered the service. They contacted me in July and stated they were discontinuing this service. I could switch to their new service, but it was for large groups, and I was the only employee using it.

Reasons for Switching to Zoho Expense

It was their customer service team. They were extremely helpful and helped with all my questions. The cost was within the allotted budget my company allows. The app was also a factor. It was very clear and easy to use.
Cade
  • Industry: Renewables & Environment

Zoho Expense is the uncomplicated winner in this category!

Reviewed on 21/03/2022

Overall, my experience with Zoho Expense has been great. I see no reason to switch to any other service. This app offer everything I was looking for and more.

Pros

I love how simple and focused this app is. I don't need a million options, just something that makes it easy to keep track of and submit expenses. Zoho Expense does all of that an more at a very reasonable price.

Cons

I think that the only thing that could be improved in this app is the database of merchants in the United States could be more comprehensive. Not a big issue, but maybe something that could be updated.

QuickBooks Online Advanced

Cost

Reasons for Switching to Zoho Expense

Simplicity, focus, and cost were the deciding factors.
Daniel
  • Industry: Religious Institutions

User-Friendly and Intuitive

Reviewed on 09/03/2021

Zoho provides us with a good tool for categorizing and approving credit-card and reimbursement transactions.

Pros

The software has been adopted well by our users, who say that they find it easy to use.

Cons

The export function creates a file that has formatting that is incompatible with our existing ERP solution. Also, while expenses can be split among multiple categories, they cannot be split among multiple departments and funds.

Emburse Certify Expense

Reasons for Choosing Zoho Expense

Expensify was not as user-friendly, it didn't provided a link to our Regions Visa cards, and the Expensify credit-card does not work at Walmart/Sams Club.

Reasons for Switching to Zoho Expense

Better compatibility with our current processes.

Response from Zoho

Hi Daniel,

Thank you for taking the time to review Zoho Expense. We're happy to know that you find the application user-friendly and intuitive.

With regard to the export function, kindly reach out to us at support[at]zohoexpense[dot]com so we can understand your requirements better and assist you with developing a custom solution if required.

Yohvan - Zoho Expense

Tatiana
  • Industry: Entertainment

Zoho is Perfect for my Business

Reviewed on 10/10/2023

I don't need the entire functionality of Quickbooks. So Zoho is better for me, and I can add features and modules as I need them. I love Zoho's branding. Super modern, and user-friendly. I also love their customer service.

Pros

A lot of accounting and expense tracking apps out there are too expensive and have features that I don't really need for a solopreneur operation, so it's refreshing that Zoho has many different apps that you can choose from to build your perfect enterprise solution, no matter how small or big your operation is. They're highly scalable too. One of the features I love is expense automation, and this is key so I don't have to be remembering to upload regular charges for my business. And automation was easy to setup following a few steps. Autoscan is fantastic. Amazing product.

Cons

There are still some features that I don't need within Zoho Expense, and sometimes the app feels a bit cluttered for my operation, but I still manage to go around this and get what I need at an affordable price. For bigger operations, having these features though perfectly makes sense, and you won't go wrong on the price.

QuickBooks Online

Reasons for Switching to Zoho Expense

When I first started my business, I got a cute booklet in the mail with actual good tips for a start up business, and it was from Zoho. I kept it around knowing one day I'd use their services because I really liked their brand. And about a year later they proved to be better than the competition in both affordability and functionality.
Jackie
  • Industry: Telecommunications
  • Used Daily for Free Trial

Beats Expensify

Reviewed on 02/03/2023

Everything's so good, that I became wary that it must be too good to be true. I mean, this literally beats Expensify in price and features -- everything. I'm very appreciative of the free trial because I was even able to sample how good Zoho's customer support is. I can now confirm it is NOT too good to be true; it's the real deal. We'll be using this for our startup company which has a 100+ headcount.

Pros

I love how granular you can get with Zoho Expense, you can create custom rules so employees don't go over a stipend policy. Freaking love the price. I've demo'd with a bunch of other vendors, dude. You cannot beat the price of Zoho Expense.

Cons

I only wish managers could see their direct report's spend in the Analytics module.

Reasons for Choosing Zoho Expense

Expensify is really expensive unless you use their corporate cards. Even then, they don't have an Analytics module at all.

Pricing and Features
Sonya
Sonya

Seems to be Just What We Need

Reviewed on 04/06/2022

I definitely like Zoho expense better than QuickBooks. I will continue using this product and look forward to streamlining it with my Zoho books, email, and any other programs that we decide to utilize. Seems like a great solution for our small business.

Pros

I have only used this on a trial basis so far but it's exactly we need - something better than an Excel worksheet and cheaper that QuickBooks. It has allowed us to manage company expenses and I think it will be a great solution once we purchase and integrate it into our systems.

Cons

Using Zoho can be a little confusing at first - nothing major - but the Zoho email program is asking me to verify my email (required to approve some expenses) - which is a Zoho email - and the way that the systems work together is a little confusing - but I am confident that with a couple of tutorials or if I schedule a session with a Zoho rep to walk me through - that I will get the hang of it and enjoy using this product for our small company.

FreshBooks, QuickBooks Online, Wave and Xero

Reasons for Choosing Zoho Expense

QuickBooks is expensive, has too many features that we don't need, and is frustrating to use. Excel spreadsheets are cumbersome and depend on the user to set things up correctly - too much of a hassle.

Reasons for Switching to Zoho Expense

The reviews and information indicated that it would be more suitable for our small company. The interface is user friendly and I really like the look of Zoho products. Some of the platforms might be better for large companies that have to manage a lot of details. Overall I recommend Zoho and look forward to utilizing the software further.
Karen

Great for documenting, tracking and approving employee corp card charges or reimbursable...

Reviewed on 27/08/2021

Pros

Zoho Expense is easy to use. It allows receipts to be entered via drag and drop, via email, or by taking a photo in the mobile app. It has optical character recognition to complete expense information. There are both default and customizable fields that can be used for tracking/ coding expenses. User roles include both submitters and approvers and approvers can be assigned to specific submitters.

Cons

Would be helpful if some of the functionality available by splitting an expense were incorporated into the itemization feature. The itemization feature allows the expense to be coded to different categories of expense but not to a different project or client. To associate an expense to multiple clients or projects, it has to be "split" which really creates 2 separate expenses that are associated with each other. I would prefer the expense still be a single expense just itemized to different clients/ projects.

Reasons for Switching to Zoho Expense

Zoho Expense was less expensive and offered the same features as Expensify.
James

You can't go wrong if you want a complete solution

Reviewed on 12/04/2023

We made this change from Quickbooks from our previous years and feel that ZOHO is superior.In addition, we were completely surprised at how intuitive the interface was.

Pros

We love the ease of associating actual expenses with the expense reports. Our CPA loves it too.

Cons

The one thing that initially got us hung up, was the ability to edit a submitted expense.

Ana
  • Industry: Management Consulting

Zoho Expense is a great tool!!!!

Reviewed on 05/11/2019

We are very satisfied with the product. We have had good feedback from our clients, who use Zoho to submit their expense reports. They meet the deadlines without any problem. It is an ongoing process that facilitates them with easy ways to edit expenses, attach receipts, and send reports.

Pros

Set-up, implementation and training was simple. Zoho support was all the time helping us to go through all the steps to customize the application according to our needs. It is a friendly user application. Integration with QuickBooks Online was not an issue at all and doesn't need extra software to connect.

Cons

There are some banks that don't facilitate the automatic integration. However, this can be done manually. The statements are uploaded into Zoho without any problem.

Reasons for Choosing Zoho Expense

We initially were going to purchase Concur Expense, but they couldn't customize their application to our needs.

Reasons for Switching to Zoho Expense

Because ZOHO offered what we were looking for.
Angel

A unique system for documenting, following up and auditing expenses accurately

Reviewed on 26/05/2022

By utilizing Zoho Expense, we ensure that all expenses are documented correctly and that no receipts are lost. This ensures that approvals are obtained directly and payments are paid on time. With Zoho Expense, we can monitor exchange activities, produce statistics, and spot unneeded or exaggerated spending, ensuring budgets aren't exceeded.

Pros

I enjoy how easy Zoho Expense is to use and the clarity of all the tools on the fantastic user interface. I particularly like that I can simply scan proof of expenses documents and invoices, and that Zoho Expense dumps data from them immediately and saves a duplicate of the document original. I love how spending are segregated and categorized, taxes and fees are computed separately, all in one report, making audits and approvals quick. The notification system tells you of revisions to your submitted reports or accounting department enquiries, allowing you to respond directly and avoid delays in receiving payments.

Cons

Overall Zoho Expense is easy to use and doesn't have a lot of dislikes. I only face a problem when loading receipts and unloading data from them, where the user has to make sure that all the data has been recorded correctly, and sometimes we may need to manually modify it before sending, which can result in errors and mismatches between the receipt and the numbers in the reports.

Amy
  • Industry: Architecture & Planning

Easy to Use

Reviewed on 16/08/2023

Pros

Our employees have complimented the ease of use and the ability to easily log their expenses from anywhere. The autoscan feature along with the ability to tag expenses to project and have it sync with our financial systems automatically has been time saving and eliminates human errors with manual entry.

Cons

I wish that we could have a payroll integration with Gusto that would allow reimbursable expenses to be logged automatically into payroll. We run multiple Expenses systems for our subsidaries but one payroll software and there is no good way to sync these without the manual process.

• Industry: Arts & Crafts

I really like Zoho Expense

Reviewed on 31/05/2020

easy to use and set up

easy to use and set up

Pros

I've been using Zoho Expense as a sole proprietor as it most closely mirrors the larger expense tracking systems I used as a corporate employee. It was easy to set up and there is a minimal amount of work at the beginning of each year to ready the system for the upcoming year. I like that I am able to attach my receipts to each expense and it's all in one place. It's a very intuitive product and I can easily upload receipts when I'm on the road.

Cons

I have been using the free version but am upgrading to the next level so that I can easily run itemized reports for each category for tax purposes. I have tried other software but Zoho expense gives me what I need.

Everianny
Everianny

Another excellent software of the company Zoho that facilitates operability at work.

Reviewed on 19/07/2018

The expenses of our company are in order thanks to Zoho Expense, it even allows us to make a more thorough and adequate planning to our financial reality as a company. Records of payments, invoices, operating expenses, spending relationships and reports, are many of the benefits offered by Zoho Expense.

Pros

In my company it is very important to keep control of expenses, not only of what the company generates, but the administrative expense for each of the processes and documents made by the different departments. Based on this I can list certain positive characteristics of Zoho Expense:

-It is incredible how intuitive software can be. When generating an invoice or a payment receipt, you can take a picture with our mobile device and the software automatically schedules it.

- Not only schedules the expenses but also allows to make very complete reports of the average expenses according to the average time range that we indicate to the software

Cons

Actually this program has brought many solutions to our work environment, enhancing our administration thanks to a better management of economic resources. Of moments I do not have any type of complaint about this software

Dinesh
Dinesh

Manage all your organization from single Dashboard with Realtime tracking

Reviewed on 22/02/2023

Zoho expense helps us to improve the overall efficiency of the expense approval system. This helps us to reduce expense approval time and we can easily track the type of expense done by a particular department of the organization to get useful insights.

Pros

We used to have to manually track and manage all of our expenses, which was time-consuming and prone to errors. With Zoho Expense, we can now manage all of our expenses from a single dashboard and ensure timely reimbursement.

Cons

It's so easy to use and also it ensures reimbursements on time. The only issue I had initially faced was that we have to arrange a small training for new users to make them understand how it works, but it wasn't a big deal as the convenience of tracking their expenses helps them to track why and where the expenses are getting delayed.

Shakeel
  • Industry: Food & Beverages
  • Used Daily for Free Trial

Good Value for Money

Reviewed on 04/10/2020

We needed to move to a better expense management software (previously using googleforms) which would allow a clear audit trail of approval + direct integration into Quickbooks. Zoho Expense has solved this issue for us very well - and for an affordable price.

Pros

Fairly straight forward to deploy - team needed a bit of training but picked it up quickly. Best feature is that staff can see balances owed. From an finance manager perspective, the integration with Quickbooks is excellent.

Cons

There is a steep learning curve and the concept of reports is a bit unclear for junior staff. Occasionally the app stops working.

Price + value for money

Response from Zoho

Hi Shakeel,

Thank you for taking the time to review Zoho Expense.

We're glad to hear that the software has helped solve your expense reporting problems. We understand the learning curve involved and have prepared training guides and videos that you can share with users to help them get started. Kindly write to us at support[at]zohoexpense[dot]com so we can assist you further with this.

Yohvan - Zoho Expense