Clover

Comprehensive point of sale & business management solution

3.6/5
3.9/5
4.1/5
3.4/5

Robert

Been with Clover since Beta

Reviewed on 18/09/2018

Pros

I love Clover!!! Been with them since Beta and they have improved so much. Their app store has so many great tools. I have 4 locations and will continue to use Clover as I continue to grow pass 8 location.

Cons

NONE. lol really they have all solutions through their app market and they continue to improve.

Sara

Great POS for smaller businesses

Reviewed on 13/12/2019

Overall, I am happy with my experience with Clover. It has helped me manage my inventory, visualize my top and bottom sellers and identify peak hours for business. I recommend to any small retailer who needs an easy POS setup and inventory management solution.

Pros

The Clover POS is intuitive to use, easy to manage user accounts/ access for employees and very easy to add new items to inventory. The analytics available also aren’t too shabby.

Cons

I don’t like having the experience I have when dealing with Clover support but fortunately the need to do so is rare.

Reasons for Switching to Clover

I just preferred the packaging of the product and services it can provide.
Ziyad
  • Industry: Food & Beverages

Don't judge a book by its cover! Looks great at first glance, wait until you use it

Reviewed on 10/01/2021

HORRIBLE, once I onboarded my merchant who sold the thing to me has not been able to do a single thing for me and always tells me to talk to Clover support. When you call clover support you spend a minimum of 30 minutes - 2 or 3 hours between getting bounced around, and people not being able to help. Once I called and they literally sent me back and forth between two departments twice that I had to yell at the last lady even though it wasn't her fault.

Pros

The hardware is nice and integration with Homebase (our scheduling software). The question was about software and I mentioned the hardware because honestly its probably the only good thing
-ok they have good integrations in their marketplace as well, there are a lot
-its fast

Cons

-NO ABILITY TO GENERATE A SHIFT REPORT FOR AN EMPLOYEE THAT SHOWS HOW MUCH CASH THEY COLLECTED MINUS PAYOUTS... I can't believe it
-Terrible customer service!!
-When you receive your payments, it comes minus the days fees and their merchant statements don't match the deposits. You will never be able to reconcile, they are probably stealing.
-REPORTING IS SO BAD! It looks good at first glance, once you start trying to go into detail, or if you want to look at your quarterly sales you end up having to download an excel and manipulate the data yourself
-NO ABILITY TO DO TAX-INCLUSIVE sales. I can't believe they have a presence in Europe... I live in the US and I hate dealing with coins, I don't want to sell items with tax-exclusive, I like to have flat dollar amounts. You can't with them
-theres much more but I'm not gonna sit here all day, this should be enough to deter you

Square for Restaurants

Reasons for Choosing Clover

Too expensive and they didn't integrate with some of the services I wanted to use.

Reasons for Switching to Clover

Because Clover had the ability to do House Accounts and Square did not. I have switched to Square now because its not worth the rest of the problems Clover brings you. I actually hate Clover, it might be the only thing I hate in this world. I hope it is.
Aden
  • Industry: Events Services

Clover

Reviewed on 09/02/2023

It is good to you use

Pros

Very easy to use it is self training or easy to show or train to employee

Cons

This software works with wireless so most of the time if you do not have a good connection you will have problem to connect you need to reboot again

Jatin

Easiest and best POS System

Reviewed on 16/11/2021

Great system. The hardware is constantly being improved. The credit card rates are always the best!

Pros

Clover is easy to setup. I like the app market which allows me to select what features and extra functionality I need.

Cons

having to learn the interface takes a bit if you're not used to Android systems

Reasons for Switching to Clover

Better rates, better reporting, works with my bank.
Jeremy
  • Industry: Restaurants

Easy to implement and maintain - loaded with great features!

Reviewed on 25/09/2022

Quick customer service, and a excellent interface, clover make POS a great option.

Pros

Easy to learn and use, with great ability to track inventory and customers.

Cons

The clover monthly pricing nearly doubled in the span of a month, backing out cafe into a corner. I’m still frustrated to be paying for the same features with a $50/month increase.

Pricing and hardware

SalesVu

Reasons for Switching to Clover

POS hardware pricing sale.
David
  • Industry: Medical Practice

LIARS and Thieves....

Reviewed on 02/10/2022

Horrible.. they lied to us and are still charging me for a service I do not use. Splitting up with Clover is worst then a divoirce. They will lure you with the promise of cheap rates, give you convulted pricing with add on fees. And ghost you as you try to cancel the service. They steal about 32 dollars from use each month, and we have exhuasted options to cancel the services. I hope by leaving this review I save others from making the same mistake.

Pros

Nothing that you could not get with square... reconcillation is a head ache.. and acess to data is poorly laid out.

Cons

No Custmer Service, as it is outsourced to south east asia. We are still trying to cancelling our sevice even after 6 months. Constantly told they are working on it and will call us back, but you will never receive a call back. You just get ghosted. They low rates are deceiving since the tack on add on fees and the rates are varied depending on CC. They will quote you the cheapest rate for the low grade Credit Card to suck you in. We went back to Square, since they are upfront and transparent about all their fees.

Clover for small nonprofit

Reviewed on 16/10/2018

I think this is a great starter for nonprofits wanting to receive donations. They send thank you notes and constant reminders to the organization and donor. Easy to set up for donors. Allows for automatic bank transfers. Overall I recommend this tool.

Pros

Clover is really easy to use. It is a basic simple program that can help any organization collect payments or donations. Customer Service was not always easy to get a hold of, but when I did they were helpful. They have recently updated their program, which has a cool new feature that lets you send donations to different bank accounts. This is super helpful for designated donations.

Cons

It is simple and does not have a lot of special features. No custom questions on the donation page.

Jose

Reliable Point of Sale System

Reviewed on 24/01/2023

Instead of manually count inventory, once Clover is setup up and running the inventory management can be automated with few clicks

Pros

The capacity to organize a physical inventory and process InStore purchases

Cons

When a Parent product needs to synchronize variants with other software it does require additional steps and setup, but as it's not an advertised core functionality is understandable

Andre
  • Industry: Photography

Good with a caveat

Reviewed on 16/02/2023

Pros

Easy for customers to use. Ability to swipe, tap or insert card makes it convenient

Cons

I wish they would provide the software for free like some of their competitors.

Brian

No support, at all.

Reviewed on 13/03/2021

Terrible. 25% of the time iy works great....but the 75% it runs terribly. And if I choose to call them about a problem, I will be on the phone for a hour or longer, every time!

Pros

It looks modern, but it doesn't function like they said it will.

Cons

Deleting whole orders. Combining tables without approval. Running credit cards for the whole order, it chooses to run for half or some random total...but not what it says! Beyond frustrated with this pos.

Aloha EPOS

Reasons for Switching to Clover

Salesman. He was great to sell us, but nothing after. He should have more information and intelligence about this product.
ABIODUN
  • Industry: Automotive

Clover - Recent switch from Square and we are saving a TON of money in fees

Reviewed on 20/12/2019

Now, with Clover, we have a clover mini and the POS is great,. We needed a system that could print paper receipts.

Pros

We switched and saved. Before, we were paying a certain percentage across the boards, with Square. Now we have great fees and pricing with Clover.

Cons

The thing I like the least, which is common with systems like Clover, it took a while to get acclimatized and for funds to make it to our account in a timely manner.

Reasons for Choosing Clover

We needed a POS that could print our customers a receipt.

Luigi

Easy, simple and effective

Reviewed on 26/04/2021

Very positive. It's ease of use makes it suitable for every demographic and It integrates well with our other systems like Shopify and Shopventory.

Pros

Since this system uses android OS so it follows a familiar mobile OS layout.

The system is extremely easy to use. I repeat, EXTREMELY easy to use. So easy that the boomers in our company did find it too difficult to learn.

It's large buttons and integrated barcode scanner makes transactions quick and smooth.

It integrates with most common applications such as Quickbooks & Shopify.

The option to search for products by typing the name is extremely useful.

As one of our owners put it, "It's pretty hard to make a mistake on it, even for a caveman like me."

Cons

It's certainly not as advanced as other point of sales systems I've used in the past.

Sometimes simple commands are buried in sub folders. For example, if you want to delete an entire order, you are required to push three dots at the top of the order, then select the "delete order" option from a list of commands. While simple is steps, the lack of clarity when while locating the the action can slow you down when you are busy.

A massive con is the that it does not natively support variable priced items by weight. In order to add this as an option, we're required to pay an extra $10 a month.

Something that has also been massively disappointing is that you can not increase the price of an item during the sale. If an item is at a fixed priced, you can not increase the price, you can only reduce the price or provide an item discount. This is a disadvantage if you don't necessarily need an item to be a variable priced item, of if an item is priced incorrectly. It forces you to use the open item option.

Sylvia

Clover Pos

Reviewed on 24/02/2017

From the pos system itself, we are multistore, so that is added complications for the clover system. On the register side, looking up customer names is complicated, you type the last name, but cannot enter the full name or it will not find it, so you enter the last name and have to scroll through the list of lets say 50 last name of smith, takes way to much time, and really difficult on the mini with the small screen. To increase quantity you have to go to another screen and then back again, more time, If one person does a price check by entering an item because a customer wants the total with tax, even though you delete the item, or clear open order, if a second sales person then logs in to check someone out the order still reads with the first person doing the sale even though they logged out. From the dashboard side, no ability to print many things such as transfer slips from HQ to the other 3 stores, once it is transferred it is on the screen until the store accepts the item in, after that the info is gone, and you cannot access for questions, etc. the lack of alphabetical order on many functions, the tax functions, if you use different tax rate for each of our 3 taxing authorities, as we did (and would prefer) say you have 10,000. in sales, 3 tax rates, when they are done separately the total income would then become 30,000.00, so many of the reports are not accurate as they read.

Pros

clover has been making some updates in the months since we have been using them, which have been good and helpful, but much is needed to make it functional for a multistore, without having to pay way to much monthly for apps to do things

Cons

to get even what I would consider basic functions, purchase more apps that would raise the monthly cost out of reach, sometimes the apps will show different figures, when creating an item, for our multistore setting, I can create for all 4 locations at once, with name, label, category, cost, price, but the tax rate, I have to go into a different screen for each location and fix all tax rates, very time consuming

Scott
  • Industry: Apparel & Fashion

Clover POS is NOT for retail

Reviewed on 02/06/2017

We own a boutique where we also offer screen printing and embroidery. The clover system was sold to us as full POS system. Not the case at all. We were all excited to get started with it. It looked modern, cool, and expectations were high. When we tried to ring up our first printing order of more than 100 pieces we found our first issue. The system will not allow sales of items with a quantity of more than 100. Not a good thing when we routinely sale t-shirt orders of more than 100 shirts. We either had to make up multiple skus, which made a receipt look terribly unprofessional or make an invoice on word. Then I wanted to run a report on inventory value. Not possible. You can export a report to excel but good luck with that. My wife and I have both called customer support. We were both told that when enough people complained about the same issue, they may look into a fix. Until then, nothing would change. This was after going through multiple customer service reps who didn't even understand what I was asking for help with. When asked if we could return the 2 POS systems we bought we were literally told "they're yours, you bought them, do what you want with them, you could try selling them on ebay". Needless to say, at this point, POS and Clover have a whole new meaning for us. Definitely not "Point of Sale" or "Lucky Clover". We're currently looking for another option, over a lot of frustration later.

Pros

It looks nice, fairly easy to use. It's really hard for me to think of much good to say about it. When a POS won't run and inventory value report with totals and won't ring up items with quantities over 100, it's hard to find the Pros.

Cons

Won't process quantities over 100. Customer service is horrible. Can't run an inventory value report. Customer service is not knowledgeable at all. Seems anything you need is an add on app that cost you more. Did I say Customer service is horrible...

Francesco

A No-brainer to be your perfect POS

Reviewed on 06/07/2022

The experience has been easy and helpful. Honestly compared to my last POS my overall stress levels have declined by 99%

Pros

Easy to set up and use, inventory management works very wells

Cons

Wish it integrated better with ecommerce platforms such as Shopify & Magento

Reasons for Choosing Clover

Was outdated; updates no longer supported

Cash Register Express

Reasons for Switching to Clover

Better credit card processing fees
Chenna

Clover for restaurants

Reviewed on 28/07/2020

Excellent in every possible way conceivable. We didn't have any major challenges during the last 2+ years of the usage.

Pros

Extremely easy to configure and change on the fly or on the internet, so, you don't have to be next to the machine to change or update anything. I can walk my Manager through this without any issues at all. The customer support is great. They are literally one call away. And anyone from the restaurant can call from the system, so, they don't have to provide any details on the account etc. Also, they can remotely log into the system directly and change things that we request, which is great, so, as a business owner I am not tied up to the system having to do everything myself.

Cons

Some of the features need us to call the Clover Customer Support. Also, in the good old restaurant POS systems you can print the bill and the customer adds the tip manually on paper. Also, the system automatically prints Receipts even though we touch the No Receipt Printed option. They need to fix that to avoid the waste of paper.

• Industry: Restaurants

I bought clover without looking at reviews

Reviewed on 28/05/2022

WARNING !!
TELL ALL YOUR FREINDS OR ASSOCIATES WHO USES CLOVER !!!
Take a picture of the screen showing how much money is made for the night before the system closes. then when it does close and print , compare the picture you took and what the print out says. Do this especially on nights when its a holiday weekend, Clover knows you'll be busy and know you won't be paying attention.. Then check the transaction app on the POS , and add up how many transaction each server or cashier did and compare it to what the printout says.. When you see the discrepancies, call the FBI and ask to be added to the growing number of clients that wants to sue Clover

Pros

duh ?? it lights up , doesn't use a lot of electricity

Cons

customer service , THERE IS NO OTHER CUSTOMER SERVICE ON THIS PLANET THAT IS WORSE THAN CLOVER CUSTOMER SERVICE./ They are the worst because they have to obey what their bosses say in robbing you the client. they will put you on a long hold and then you're disconnected. If you are lucky to speak to someone, whatever they have to say will never make sense to you !! Good luck

Molly
  • Industry: Wine & Spirits

Bad functioning, terrible customer support, too many problems for the price.

Reviewed on 07/02/2022

Clover is a mid-range to expensive POS system that is definitely not worth the money. I wish we had stuck with Square that can communicate between both of our locations, share inventory, run a functioning website and has an accessible online dashboard.

Pros

Somewhat easy to set up, and credit card processing did cut costs from our prior POS system. You pay for the look of the stations, the swivel can only make up for so many problems- in this case I'll be switching back to Square.

Cons

I've had every problem in the book with this software. I've been shut out and had to factory reset my stations, had all data and inventory erased. I've had to plug in ethernet cables every week because they Wifi is not compatible, and have had to reset admin profiles due to shut out. Me and customer service have had at least 20 calls, and most problems never seem to be resolved in the end. Of course it's not their fault, but there is only the option of getting a call, you can't email, or chat with anyone online, and some poor person in India is trying to figure out what is on your screen when the technology is going wrong.

Yessenia
  • Industry: Restaurants

Excellent POS System for any business!

Reviewed on 29/10/2018

Overall it is a great pos system!

Pros

When we change to clover, we thought it was going to be difficult for us to learn how to use it. We were wrong it, was really easy to use and install. One of the things I love about it is, that I can add products remotely on the inventory. I can also verify the transaction remotely from my pc or my phone. The customer support is great, they immediately call back when you contact them for any problem you have with the machine, transactions, or any question you have. You can also add more features to your pos because they have a app store, which let's you add online orders, id verification, etc.

Cons

Our business is a grocery store and restaurant, so we have the ebt program for the grocery store. It would be great if the clover machine with detect which items are ebt and which aren't ebt elegible. That way we wouldn't have to do 2 different transactions, because it does take more time for cashiers to charge what the customer is buying.

Michael

Not Recommended For Restaurant Operations Regardless How Small

Reviewed on 08/10/2020

The simple and very common "custom item" or "open food" item commonly used in the restaurant industry and CLOVERS lack of ability to attach a printer to such has ruined what otherwise would be a useful and easy system.

Pros

the ease of using but the simplest item below has ruined the experience.

Cons

CLOVER Dining comes with button "Custom Item" . CLOVER is incapable of sending this item to the kitchen printer. After 4 calls to CLOVER and 2 dropped calls and no return call (even though they ask you prior to any conversation for a call back #), their only suggestion is to create an "inventory item" and attach the "Kitchen Label", HOWEVER, that does not give you the flexibility or customization of price and name. One would think if they have an option "Custom Item" that is flexible to price and label and prints in detail on the 'receipt" they would also be able to attach the "kitchen label" so the items prints in the kitchen.

Bear
  • Used Daily for Free Trial

Do not consider Clover. Save yourself the frustration. They are only out to take your money

Reviewed on 18/10/2022

Pros

They allow me to take payments quite easily.

Cons

Pretty much everything else is a negative. It's hard to know where to start. To begin, you must know that they disallow the use of used equipment. That means if you're dissatisfied with Clover your equipment is pretty much bricked. You get nothing for it. Oh, and you will be dissatified with them. There are so many annoyances. Their batch is setup for 7pm PST, in the middle of a shift. Their deposits then combine multiple days with no report to know what days are in the deposit. You can't do partial refunds unless you're in their highest tier. I can almost never get a report on the device, I have to login on a computer. It goes on and on. Oh, and forget a "trial period" they don't honor it and won't allow you to return the equipment. Clover is just in it to get your money. They do not care about you as a customer, at all.

Amanda
  • Industry: Veterinary

Nice System

Reviewed on 27/10/2020

Love that this machine can give clients peace of mind, as they can process their own payments- from inserting their card and entering their pin numbers, to choosing how they would like to receive their receipts. Also love that it is easy to train new staff members on how to process payments and do end of the day reporting. Overall great experience!

Pros

Easy to use/learn. Very easy to read- apps , wording and numbers are a great size even for older clients who are using the machine. Reporting at the end of the day is simple to retrieve and review. Customer service is great!

Cons

Check processing can be a little tricky with having to hold the checks over the top of the machine to take the picture, but otherwise it is great.

Will
  • Industry: Law Practice

Clover for small business payment processing

Reviewed on 06/06/2021

Highly recommended as an alternative to Square for business on the go!

Pros

My business switched to Clover Go for payment processing after Square kicked us to the curb because they decided, with no warning or notice, that they would not let certain law practices use the service. We had to scramble and locate a new program for payment processing needs. Clover stepped up and we have used them ever since. We can take all forms of credit card payments using Clover. Their rates are reasonable and the funds are posted within a couple of days. We are very pleased!

Cons

We love Clover and have nothing bad to say about it.

Great POS

Reviewed on 30/07/2019

I like being able to use it on the phone or POS. Customer service is great. They provide training and stay in communication

Pros

Customer service and training was great. POS system is easy to use

Cons

Merchant processing fees but very comparable/competitive to similar products