AVG Antivirus Business Edition Reviews

AVG Antivirus Business Edition

4.3 (2,131)
Write a Review!
Business antivirus with endpoint solution & server security

(2,131)
4.2/5
4.3/5
4.4/5
4.1/5

Chad
Chad
  • Industry: Broadcast Media

A Must for Windows Users!

Reviewed on 04/12/2019

I used it for 10+ years until i switch over to Linux based operating systems.

I used it for 10+ years until i switch over to Linux based operating systems.

Pros

Everything is pretty much automatic. There's not a lot of time in setting it up.

Cons

Nothing accept the cost. I realize it takes a lot of development but it was kind of pricey.

• Industry: Banking

My first free antivirus

Reviewed on 29/01/2020

It is an excellent free software for those who want to surf the internet safely, without having to pay for an antivirus.

Pros

AVG Internet Security was my first free antivirus. But unlike other antivirus products on the market, the free version is complete. Protects your computer from spyware, malware, trojans, among other types of viruses. The scan is complete and passes through all drivers.

Cons

Although the free version has many benefits, the user of this version receives many advertisements to upgrade to the paid version. The free version should have an option in the settings to not receive promotions.

Ben

They used to be a good product with a solid foundation, but I don't feel like they are anymore

Reviewed on 09/10/2020

I used to like them and they were my go-to for anything personal computer (in both the home and office) cyber security solution, and I recommended it to anyone who asked me. However, in recent years they moved into more shady areas and I no longer recommend them. Consider alternatives like Avast instead - or check your nearby Google for "best internet security for 2020" for other alternatives, as these can change year-by-year.

Pros

It's very easy to use and set-up, and it's a known name in the industry, and in general with always anyone who owned a Windows computer in the last 10 years ago. They do provide some security, but I'm not sure it's really needed at this point in time for more users. See cons for more details.

Cons

In the past, maybe 10-15 years ago, they were my go-to antivirus etc. solution, for both home and office usage, but have since silently pivoted to more shady stuff like data collection, and practices that seem to me more like malware, and not something that protects _against_ malwares.

Hersh

Excellent Product

Reviewed on 03/04/2024

Pros

I really liked the ease of use which is extremely helpful.

Cons

Customer support wasn't as great as it used to be.

Kevin

Feeling Safe With AVG

Reviewed on 24/10/2019

Overall I love it and trust all my computers to AVG to stay safe.

Overall I love it and trust all my computers to AVG to stay safe.

Pros

I find AVG has a pretty comprehensive set of tools to keep my computers clean and safe. Update are regular and overall the software is quite simple to use. It is a great combination of power and ease.

Cons

Sometimes the software seems a bit back end heavy in terms of CPU usage. I am not qualified to say that as a fact but only as a thought. However, it is a worthwhile trade-off for power and simplicity.

Girish
Girish

Best in Antivirus At Mid Range

Reviewed on 17/05/2022

Its been great expect as system resources used are very less.

Its been great expect as system resources used are very less.

Pros

Fast installation and less system resources utilization.

Cons

Slight delay in update and less feature as compared to costly antivirus

JAZE
JAZE
  • Industry: Architecture & Planning
  • Used Daily for Free Trial

AVG Antivirus Business Edition (In My Opinion)

Reviewed on 27/08/2021

It has reduced the amount of cyber disruptions I was facing dramatically. I inherited a computer from one of my colleagues that just gave up on his device and decided to rather donate it to me instead seeing that I was more computer-savvy. I found the device to be riddled with trojan horses and rootkits of all sorts, but one quick installation of AVG sorted that computer out quickly and now I am able to use it with no problems.

Pros

AVG is an easy to use, hassle-free solution for everyone. It has clear-cut, straightforward user interface that's simple enough to navigate through and does a good job of keeping cyber threats away from your system.

Cons

It takes quite a while to get the job done, it scans for so long that you end up thinking something went wrong with it but I guess it is just doing a thorough job of finding any faults your machine might be suffering from.

Reasons for Switching to AVG Antivirus Business Edition

I had a copy of AVG on me at the time so I decided to give it a try and see how effective it would be, it definitely got the job done.
Latonja
Latonja
  • Industry: Outsourcing/Offshoring

Safe&Secure

Reviewed on 29/07/2019

Pros

AVG Internet Security suite is amazing software. It blocks spam and malware impressively. It will keep your systems running smoothly.

Cons

This software does lag on updates from time to time.

Reasons for Switching to AVG Antivirus Business Edition

It worked best for me and it was also very affordable
Yash
Yash

PC friendly Security App

Reviewed on 08/07/2020

In all the app is quite user and computer friendly, it is fast and if you are premium user its the best app that I would recommend for complete protection.

Pros

The best thing I liked about this app is its new smart scan feature. This feature is complete package for scanning all types of fundamental threats that can occur. The browser threats scans for the websites that can be vulnerable to viruses plus there is a feature known as Hacker Attacks. I haven't seen such type of features in any other antivirus applications that I have used.

Cons

The least I liked about the software is that the free version only offers basic protection and you have to purchase the app for the premium features to use. Also the premium version of the app is quite costly.

Tommy
Tommy
  • Industry: Transportation/Trucking/Railroad

Best Anti-Virus protection!

Reviewed on 06/07/2019

Pros

I have been using AVG on my Windows computers for years and always feel protected. Their software is modern and easy to use.

Cons

I thought the software was bad at first but they were always updating and improving it to make it better even more each time.

Selena
  • Industry: Writing & Editing

No Nonsense Security, Does The Job

Reviewed on 28/09/2019

AVG has run on multiple computers and through several upgrades and operating systems and has held up and been fantastic each and every time. I will continue to use it and recommend it because I feel like it delivers on what it promises.

Pros

After so many years a slave to software like Norton which was repeatedly buggy, inefficient and had terrible customer service, AVG has been a breath of fresh air. It does what you need it to. It runs system virus checks, can secure individual downloads, can offer alerts, without all the bloatware, or constant malfunction of having things slip by it. It just works and I love it for that. Especially considering that many of these things are available in the free version of the software and you get even more security when you pay for the professional version.

Cons

Recently they have started to run what seem like alerts on the free software but are really advertisements for upgrades. I feel like this is a bit underhanded and don’t really appreciate this strategy. A simple email or sale or occasional pop up would be more effective than telling me something is not secure then asking me if I want to pay to secure it.

Greg
  • Industry: Religious Institutions

Safe from Hack Attacks

Reviewed on 23/07/2020

Like most - I'm on my computer constantly at work and at home. Before switching to AVG my computer suffered from numerous viruses and hacks. However, once I switched to AVG - I have been virus free and free from hacks as well. It's nice to start working with your computer each day - not worried about hacks or bugs infecting you space. I highly recommend AVG for work or personal computers!

Pros

The confidence this software gives me every single day is priceless. There are many features about AVG to like - It is offers complete customization and allows you to choose what type of scan or protection you are in need of most.

Cons

One of the things I like least about the software is they will occasionally offer different types of protection and once you click on it - you'll find it is an advertisement to purchase additional protection. That part can be a bit annoying - but it's easy to deal with for the peace of mind you are receiving.

Ross
  • Industry: Higher Education
  • Company size: 1,001–5,000 Employees

It's good but a little pricey

Reviewed on 09/05/2021

This is one of those solutions that is working well for small and medium businesses where maybe they just need something that is going to do the job well enough and don't have the skills or finance to have something with more options and features set-up. At least this is where I have seen the value of it. It sets up easily isn't too much of a hassle in the background and if you're just using standard software then there's unlikely to be any need for anything more than AVG for business. If the price is manageable, then it's a good solution.

Pros

AVG provides all the familiar options for customising the "when where and how" for scanning the incoming and outgoings from a business, and these are handled well. However the most noticeably good thing for us when we replaced our previous protection was the increase in responsiveness for our slightly aging machines. AVG seems to have gotten back to being relatively lightweight which is great!

Cons

I don't like the console, it's a bit difficult to navigate and some unintuitive buttons and options for controlling and containing things. Mostly these are fine and may even serve to make it difficult to do anything particularly dangerous or silly without knowing what you are doing but they can act like a hurdle if you do want to tinker around more than normal. Also we hated the aggressiveness of advertising in the free version.

Reasons for Choosing AVG Antivirus Business Edition

Norton was incredibly frustrating in terms of system resource use and pop up notifications

Norton AntiVirus

Reasons for Switching to AVG Antivirus Business Edition

It was a known name and while the console is frustrating to use and navigate, it was still better than the alternatives.
Donald
  • Industry: Photography

Great Value Internet Security

Reviewed on 25/02/2020

AVG Internet Security helps protect my desktop computer. It is very beneficial because it helps ensure that my computer is protected from Internet issues. It solves the potential for Internet issues.

Pros

I like that AVG Internet Security is free. Other similar services are very expensive. AVG is the only free service I could find.

Cons

The least thing I liked is that the AVG software can be difficult for me to use. It seems to have a different platform than McAfee. I would prefer for the platform to be similar to McAfee.

Norton AntiVirus

Reasons for Choosing AVG Antivirus Business Edition

I switched from McAfee because McAfee was very expensive and AVG was free.

Reasons for Switching to AVG Antivirus Business Edition

AVG was free and Norton was expensive.
Darren

AVG anti virus

Reviewed on 15/10/2019

Since utilising AVG and AVG Free I have not had an issue with any malicious software on any of my multiple PC and family PCs. Which is quite a good outcome with teenage kids and downloaded games. Very happy to recognise and pass on our positive review.

Pros

AVG has been my go to product for anti virus for many years. Since utilising AVG and AVG Free I have not had an issue with any malicious software on any of my multiple PC and family PCs.

Cons

We have not experienced any negative effects with AVG, as such I have no items to add to the cons list.

Randall
  • Used for 2+ years

Avg continues to shadow Norton but why.?

Reviewed on 10/10/2020

It it the best and I have dug through all antivirus software looking for the best and it stands out above the rest try it and you two will be impressed.

Pros

I find that there are many more tools and options within the user menu of AVG when compared to Norton antivirus or other virus software most of which is stock and not super up like avg

Cons

That it is not as popular to the other virus software... Otherwise I believe that it has more than enough toolkits and user options available.

• Industry: Mining & Metals

Good and Light Anti-Virus

Reviewed on 28/01/2020

Overall, I am happy with AVG Antivirus. It is the first ever anti-virus I used on all of my computers.

Pros

AVG Business Edition is one of the most popular anti-virus in the market. This belongs to my top 3 for anti-virus softwares. It is light on resources (CPU and RAM usage) and easy to use. One of things that is important to me is being able to add a program or a folder to their exclusion list so the anti-virus will skip scanning that program or software and with AVG it's very easy to do it.

Cons

Pricing and virus detection. Other softwares beat their pricing while having a better virus detection and features.

Reasons for Switching to AVG Antivirus Business Edition

Light on resources, easy to use and has better features.
Sayed Kumail
  • Industry: Food & Beverages
  • Company size: 1,001–5,000 Employees

Overall I recommend to buy and use the app it will secure the devise for you

Reviewed on 07/05/2023

its ease of use. The software has a simple and intuitive interface that makes it easy to manage security settings and customize scans.

Pros

robust protection against a wide range of online threats, including viruses, malware, spyware, and ransomware.

Cons

sometimes slow down system performance however it is batter then others

Roman
Roman

Be cautious when using it - it may give you a false sense of protection

Reviewed on 08/09/2019

With an evergrowing number of viruses, trojans, malware, I decided to install some antivirus software. Before buying one, I decided to try and compare some of them and my initial choice was AVG. For some time I liked it very much: its interface was very friendly and easy to use, it showed how it was working and gave you a full sense of protection. However, not long time after troubles started to develop. First, I received an important document that had some micro virus. AVG tried to cure it, was unsuccessful and DELETED the document without my consent! Then it found a virus inside a program I used daily. I used virustotal to check the program and no other antivirus found anything there, it was a clear false positive. Then I googled for antivirus reviews and I was shocked that by 3rd party reviews, AVG was able to find only about 60-70% of viruses (industry leaders find close to 99%). The last straw was that my computer started to run very slowly because of AVG. As a results, I removed it and started to use other antivirus software.

Pros

It's free and it's very easy to use - these are the only things that I liked about this antivirus. However, security is not something you'd like to save money on.

Cons

I have to say that I used AVG some time ago and probably they fixed some of these issues, but when I used it the problems were the following:
* It takes a lot of CPU and RAM. My computer was running so slow with AVG, that I had to remove it. Other antiviruses didn't create such a load.
* It's overall rate was very very low, it was able to find about 60-70% of known viruses. Yet it was giving some false positives too.

Michael
Michael

I've used AVG Internet Security for many, many years and love it!

Reviewed on 07/05/2018

Keeps me safe. Does exactly what its supposed to do. I'd give this a 9 out of 10. The only reason they lose 1 point is because they like to solicit you to upgrade from the current package you have with them, which is just annoying. Otherwise they would have got a 10/10 from me!

Pros

I used to have McAfee but unfortunately it wasn't as effective as I had hoped. I do a lot of downloading and found my PC getting increasingly slower and slower until I discovered that my PC had been riddled with various malware + viruses. After reformatting my computer, I proceeded with AVG internet (recommended by a friend). It's been well over 5-7 years now that I've had AVG internet security and can proudly say that I've not once been infected with a virus. It really does a great job protecting you. I still download a lot (almost every day) and still, VIRUS FREE!! If you're on the fence about getting AVG, just do it. You really won't regret the decision. I know I haven't :)

Cons

The biggest con to AVG internet security is the annoying ads they run for you to purchase upgrades or extension software upgrades, such as AVG PC TuneUp. They ask me all the time if I want to fix my performance issues (which, I have none, by the way) and would honestly love it if they stopped soliciting me. I already have their software. Geez. Other than that--it does exactly what it's supposed to do: keep you protected.

Osarumwense
Osarumwense
  • Industry: Entertainment

AVG Anti-Virus has been protecting my devices for ages.

Reviewed on 17/06/2021

Regardless of the con, it's one of the best anti-virus app I have ever used.

Regardless of the con, it's one of the best anti-virus app I have ever used.

Pros

The simple user's interface is something to like about AVG.
It's been serving me good for years now. I love the Anti-theft feature. You can protect your online privacy by using the VPN feature.
It provides you with features to lock your apps, so other people cannot have access.
I'm using it both on my Windows (pc) and android (phone). You can free up used memory on your phone by using "Clean Junk" feature. It's an amazing app.

Cons

One major issue I'm having is overheating of my battery. It drains my battery. Please, this needs to be fixed.

You can't access all the features on free trial version; you have to pay to upgrade to Pro version to be able to use all the amazing features.

Genesis
Genesis
  • Industry: Banking

Avg a high quality solution

Reviewed on 06/05/2023

AVG Antivirus Business Edition is comprehensive and effective antivirus protection software for businesses, offering a wide variety of tools to protect business systems. Although its cost can be a bit high and can slow down your computer's performance at times, its security features make it worth purchasing to keep your company's systems secure.

Pros

What I like best about AVG Antivirus Business Edition is its easy installation and configuration. The software is very intuitive, making it easy for users to set it up to protect business systems right out of the box. In addition, it has a clean and simple user interface, which makes it easy to use without having advanced knowledge in the area of digital security. It also has tools to analyze network vulnerabilities and prevent phishing attacks.

Cons

However, what I dislike most about this software is its cost, which can be a bit high compared to other antivirus programs. Also, it can sometimes slow down your computer's performance, which can be a problem for users who need higher processing speed.

Forget your boxed anti-virus, this will do the trick

Reviewed on 05/03/2019

I have used AVG since 2012. My switch was through a friend that recommended it to me after many veined attempts at using expensive anti-virus software ended in corrupted computers. Not only do we use it at work, but I use it on my personal computers as well. It is a practical program that is good at what it does. Aside from the occasional pop-ups, you forget it is doing its job until it blocks the malicious activity it is intended to inhibit. It gives you a welcoming message when it has quarantined the problem so you can get back to your regular activities. This Anti-Virus will have you saying "Thanks AVG!" with a smile rather than sarcasm.

Pros

AVG is an extremely cost effective solution for your Anti-Virus needs. It is simple, can be free, and it works. We use it on all of our computers.

Cons

AVG does like to pop-up frequently in the corner of your screen to let you know of updates and promotions. This is nothing more than a bit of a nuisance. However, you do need to be careful when exiting out of the notifications. I have on more than one occasion accidentally selected "yes" to a notification that wants to download AVG's Secure browser. For some, they may like it; I however I do not like to stray from Chrome. Unfortunately this feature does not just install the secure browser but sets it as your default as well.

Alvaro
Alvaro
  • Industry: Utilities
  • Company size: 1,001–5,000 Employees

AVG is fast and reliable!

Reviewed on 17/07/2018

Internet Security has never been more necessary in this millennial / digital age. AVG gives me the confidence in using my PC for internet research, downloading of files, and just about anything that may seem scary to infect my computer. False positives come very very rarely for me.

Good threat detection and easy on my hardware. AVG Free is good enough, but go for the paid one if you need extra coverage and support!

Pros

I was first introduced to AVG back in college. It was the AV of choice for the entire university deployment. I was then part of the technical support team for the implementation.

I find AVG to be fast and does not take a toll on system resources (e.g., others are memory hogs). I also like the interface which is intuitive and easy to operate. Back then, I found it easy to teach the (older) end-users. The updates come in regularly, and up-to-speed whenever new threats come about.

It has good detection. I compared it with other more popular antivirus software, and it's detection is almost similar, if not more comprehensive.

Cons

AVG performs best with the basic protection.. other AV's have come up with extra features and better malware protection... something worth improving on for AVG to stay on top.

Daniel
  • Used Daily for Free Trial

Internet security from AVG

Reviewed on 11/09/2023

Pros

The best feature of AVG Antivirus Business Edition is the reliability of its malware detection and removal capabilities. It has successfully located and isolated possible risks, giving me a sense of security for the information and systems used by my company. Particularly the real-time scanning capability has been outstanding in how quickly it reacts to any harmful activity. I also value AVG Antivirus Business Edition's user-friendly UI. The software's layout is well-organized and easy to use, making it quick to access various features and change settings. My business equipment' security status is clearly displayed on the dashboard, enabling me to keep informed and, if necessary, take immediate action.

Cons

One angle that could be worked on in AVG Antivirus Business Release is its effect on framework execution. During outputs and updates, I have seen a slight stoppage in my business frameworks. While it hasn't been a significant issue, it would be gainful if the product would limit the effect further to guarantee smooth business operations.In synopsis, AVG Antivirus Business Version has given dependable security to my business against online dangers. Its easy to understand interface and successful malware recognition have made it an important resource. In spite of the fact that there is space for execution enhancement, my general experience has been positive, and I would prescribe AVG Antivirus Business Release to organizations looking for dependable antivirus security.