Dropbox Business Reviews

Dropbox Business

4.5 (21,585)
Write a Review!
File syncing, storage & sharing platform

(21,585)

Karolis
Karolis
  • Industry: Research
  • Company size: 501–1,000 Employees

A solution to multiple version documents.

Reviewed on 29/05/2022

All in all, I am very happy with Dropbox. The best solution to work in team while editing documents. No need to send them to all team members. Also, the felling of security is very nice.

Pros

The most liked thing about Dropbox is that it works as a simple folder in my computer and I can easily create document, work on it, press save and it is automatically saved in the cloud and I do not need to think about it. This automatic function is very useful. Also, the drag and drop function is very good. This can be done with any document and my colleagues who are working on the same file can easily add their changes. Also, the storage size is quite impressive.
Also, the recovery function saved me a few times. As far as I know, only Dropbox has this functionality which is so user friendly.

Cons

There was one update after which double pressing on the Dropbox icon would not open the folder view, but some other view, so I needed to press few times again in order to enter folder view. That was annoying.

Reasons for Switching to Dropbox Business

The folder view - you do not need to open browser or anything. Just save the document which is created inside Dropbox folder and it automatically updates in the cloud.
Habibah
Habibah
  • Industry: Telecommunications
  • Company size: 1,001–5,000 Employees

Great quality for a cloud storage software

Reviewed on 20/05/2021

In our office, I use Dropbox Business to keep all of our documents in one location for our entire team. It's instrumental because we have records shared around the organization and files that are only used by my team. It's effortless to make a folder, upload it, and share it with others. It's also much more stable than other platforms when it comes to keeping track of sensitive data.

Pros

I like that it is straightforward to build a folder and share it with multiple people at once. It's also convenient to have all this set up from my own Control Panel files on my phone, so I can simply drag and drop files from my stored folders and transfer them into a Dropbox database. My organization is now using Dropbox, and the business account provides us with enough storage to hold all of our documents in one safe location.

Cons

It's not as complicated as Google Drive or any other online storage systems, but Dropbox Business doesn't have any of the same functionality, but it gets the job done. When there are so many people sharing stuff across channels, it becomes cluttered.

• Industry: Media Production

Still A Clunky Product After 5+ Years of Use

Reviewed on 29/06/2021

Dropbox Business has, for the most part, been our media company's go-to file storage and sharing application since we began primarily working from home a little over a year ago. But after 5+ years of consistent use, I can't say I've noticed a significant improvement in the software's usability. We still seem to experience the same issues we did when we first began using the software. We've been on the lookout for a software to switch to for some time, and may just officially make the move to Frame.io some time in the near future.

Pros

In terms of basic file sharing (documents, videos, or audio files), Dropbox Business gets the job done. There are some basic features available which allow you to customize the files you've shared (you can set files to be non-downloadable, password protect them, or even set the shared link to expire after a certain date).

One of the features we've found the most useful as a media company is the ability to send out a File Request. This is a feature that allows you to create an upload link that can be shared out to as many people as you need. Once members of that group have uploaded files to your Dropbox using the link, the files will appear on your Dropbox, in a folder that you've preconfigured to be associated with that file request. Users cannot see what exists on your Dropbox on their side, but you're able to secure the files you need.

While there are some helpful, advanced features, all in all I would say Dropbox Business will probably work just fine for your purposes if you aren't too concerned about having a bunch of fancy features.

Cons

I seem to constantly run into strange issues when using Dropbox.

For example, although you are able to see all of the files that you've recently deleted in the Trash, you are not able to search the Trash. You can only perform a search for files that are still technically "live" on your Dropbox account. So if you need a file you think you've deleted, you have to scroll through the Trash and search for it yourself. I would think that regardless of what exactly you or your company is using Dropbox for, a search bar feature for the Trash would be useful, and would save you a ton of time.

Additionally, more often than not, the progress bar on the bottom of the browser might say a file has completed uploading, but the file won't display on the screen. A refresh seems to do the trick, but this is a longstanding issue we've run into, and contributes to my overall perception of Dropbox as a "clunky," outdated software.

Patrick
  • Industry: Food & Beverages

Dropbox For All Type of Business.

Reviewed on 20/03/2024

It's a robust solution for businesses looking to streamline collaboration, enhance productivity, and securely manage their data in the cloud.

Pros

Offers powerful collaboration features, including file sharing, commenting, and real-time editing, which are essential for teams working on projects together.

Cons

Its a cloud-based service,internet connection is necessary for users to access and sync their files, which could be a limitation in areas with poor connectivity.

Federico
Federico
  • Industry: Banking

Great product for a Small / Medium Business

Reviewed on 09/08/2022

Using Dropbox was an initial step into more serious file security. It allowed us to develop a great architecture.

Pros

This is a great product from a robust and reputable company, that gives us the guarantee the product will keep our data safe. We can have our backup, share our files, perform data recovery, sync it with other deices and can be integrated with zoom, Canva and others. You can always start for free.

Cons

Even tough they have a free version, they are expensive, coming to $15-$25 per user per month. Another issue is their solution can be very heavy, requiring a lot of space on the disk for file syncing.

SyncSpider, OneDrive, Google Drive, MEGA and iCloud

Reasons for Choosing Dropbox Business

We decided to use Dropbox because it has great collaboration capabilities with most of the solutions in the market.

pCloud Business

Reasons for Switching to Dropbox Business

We tested some solutions and the ratio price / value was the highest.

Drop Your Stress with Dropbox

Reviewed on 03/11/2023

I use Dropbox every day for multiple aspects of my business. File Sharing is fast and easy. Backing up data - excellent. For remote work with clients keeping everything on Dropbox means we all have immediate access to the most up to date documents, spreadsheets, and marketing materials.

Pros

It was easy to set up and start using right away. Additional tools and services are added frequently.

Cons

Some of the new services are confusing and I need to search for descriptions and tutorials.

Reasons for Switching to Dropbox Business

My clients were familiar with Dropbox and several were already using it. Password protection and data encryption inspire confidence in the security of my material in Dropbox.
Michaela
  • Industry: Consumer Services

Love it

Reviewed on 03/11/2023

Love it but hate paying for it it’s too expensive compared to alternatives

Love it but hate paying for it it’s too expensive compared to alternatives

Pros

Love everything but a little pricey if they lowered their prices theyd be number one

Cons

Price is a little too expensive especially compared to others

Reasons for Switching to Dropbox Business

My school utilizes it and nothing else i had no choice also my computer utilizes it as well
melissa
  • Used Weekly for Free Trial

Dropbox in a medical business

Reviewed on 30/01/2024

Unlike other software, Dropbox Business has a good memory capacity, sometimes it falls short considering the material we upload to the platform, however, it has been the only one that has been able to collaborate with us in our employee education process due to Because it allows us to upload many more resources than other software and preserves them for a longer time.

Pros

We have easily accessible information regarding our patients and medical and technical education as a company. For us it is very important to train our staff with the best teachers, courses, diplomas and conferences, generating their own medical criteria for each employee. Dropbox allows us to have this information at hand and easily accessible to everyone outside and inside the company.

Cons

Certain documents, especially recorded conferences, are very heavy and usually take up a significant part of the memory offered by the software.

Marco

Dropbox business works well

Reviewed on 13/02/2024

Just fine. Easy. Ease of use. Reliability and security

Just fine. Easy. Ease of use. Reliability and security

Pros

It’s a safe secure place to keep all our images that we use for the business. Good have it in all one spot and I know it’ll be reliable

Cons

Seems like I could use more storage space, would like to not have to pay more for this.

Google Workspace

Reasons for Switching to Dropbox Business

We have friends that work for Dropbox and they believe in it
nawar
  • Company size: 501–1,000 Employees

The cloud

Reviewed on 31/10/2023

Pros

Ease of dropping in files that are securely left in for simple access to at a later date.

Cons

Can be a bit harder to teach than something like google drive or onedrive as its interface feels a little outdated

Cloud Storage that Focus on Needs

Reviewed on 15/11/2019

Now we have control over data as we can access data from both phone and desktop. We don't have to worry about losing data as we know it is secure with Dropbox Business.

Pros

Dropbox Business has helped us to back up our company and personal data easily. Having a desktop and mobile applications helps to access the cloud stored data from everywhere whenever we need it. In a desktop, files and folders to be backed up are easily dragged to the shortcut on desktop which is convenient and easy. Dropbox Business allows the administrator to give other users controlled access to data in our company thereby providing a platform for easy team work as data is made available for team's access everywhere they are. You can also give links to individuals that don't have access credentials to download data from the account without logging in.

Cons

Dropbox Business has no Artificial Intelligence to recognize and group data on its own, it depends on the user to put files in order before backing up.

OneDrive

Reasons for Switching to Dropbox Business

Dropbox has the best customer support and has no downtimes thereby making it reliable. It has beautiful interface and it is easy to use.
Camillia
  • Industry: Media Production

Upload With A Simple Drop!It's so Easy

Reviewed on 12/05/2020

My experience with dropbox has been epic. Its saved much time and frustration of carrying hard drives and switch computers.

No longer do you have to worry about "Storage is full delete or move items to make space."

No longer do you have to worry about.

Panicking because you accidentally left the harddrive in your other suitcase and your outta town so your projects is on hold.

NOPE! Not with dropbox.
It's so easy to use I recommend it for anyone that's on projects of ant kind. Or just simply wants the security of knowing their stuff is backed up safely if the computer crashes or a exturnal harddrive fails or gets broken.

I love how everyone on the team can be on it at one time. Accessing all they need. It's so easy to use. And everything is easy to find. It's way more organized than Google drive.

Pros

When I say that LOVE this software. I LOVE this software. I worked on a media team so we produce alot of videos, promo flyers edits ,photoshop edits, Premiere videos, We use ALOT of storage and each person on the production team has a different task to perform.

We used to store stuff on hard drives and unplug them from computer to computer which is a hassle. One time the harddrive dropped and stopped working so we lost all our data. Talk about a mess!

But not with dropbox! We uploaded the entire Terabyte of data unto dropbox. And it saved sooo much time and protected our artistic works that's accessible at anytime.

Dropbox allows you to create accounts for each person on the team so they can have their own storage and files without it being in the way of others.

You simply take a file from your computer Click, Drag, and BOOM its uploaded to Dropbox! It's probably the best storage site I've experienced honestly.

Each person has their own individual space and login information.
As the admin you can lock projects, restrict access to other people on the team. Or choose who can add files and see content on specific folders.

You can create folders and subfolders to organize everything from pictures to videos and let's say "Camillie's Movie 2019" You can add and categorize folders within that folder for say "Drafts folder" or "Jan-March footage"
or however you want to break it down.

Cons

Sometimes when uploading depending on the internet speed it can take quite awhile to get everything uploaded. But it's totally worth it because you can save space on your computer and hard drives and can access it anywhere you go.

Google Cloud Storage

Reasons for Choosing Dropbox Business

Well my manager made the call to use dropbox. And I gotta say I love it. It's so much easier in my opinion than google drive. Because you just literally like the name implies. Drop it into the box. We havent went back since.

Reasons for Switching to Dropbox Business

The platform is easier. Although the cost is higher. The ease and organizational functionalities it presents are far more plausible. Also they have different plans for your storage needs. That worked with what we had to get done as a team.
Joseph
  • Industry: Graphic Design

The tool for all of us

Reviewed on 10/12/2020

My overall experience is one that I would continue to use this application and recommend it. It's simple seamless and cost-effective

Pros

I've used this application for over five years and found that it's easy to use, and the company has improved it; keep it expensive, and allows the user to use it still easily.

Cons

Not many cons with this application, the new login would probably be the only thing that I've encountered that really didn't work well for me.

Box

Reasons for Choosing Dropbox Business

Box allowed you to work with outside organizations and individuals without having the limitations of Google.

Google Cloud Storage

Reasons for Switching to Dropbox Business

It's cost-effective, simple to use, and not limited to a specific application or platform.
Arun
Arun
  • Company size: 5,001–10,000 Employees

Straightforward and stress free cloud storage

Reviewed on 22/06/2021

Dropbox has been a stellar performer when it comes to cloud storage. We have been using it for years as one of the most easy to use and easy to adapt tool for file sharing and storage solution. The added security features makes it the most preferred tool for sharing confidential data across collogues.

Pros

Easy adaptability, getting used to Dropbox is fairly easy considering everyone is already familiar with drop box user interface on mobile phones.
New user onboarding is easier with drop box. Imagine some one new joins your department, it is fairly easy to send them the policies and guidelines through drop box rather than sending piles of hard copies.
File protection is well taken care of with password protection, you can password protect confidential data while sharing it with your team members.
Lost device protection is one of the most underrated feature of drobox business in my opinion. This enables the administrator to remotely wipe the confidential data from from devices that are lost from employees.
Expiry date for a shared file. This is a handy feature wherein you can set a expiry date for a shared file.
Dropbox Paper this is almost like a clean whiteboard where you can do a plethora of things like create a to-do lists, run meetings, and discuss new project ideas. Your collogues can add their comments and thoughts on the discussion thus making this a powerful collaboration tool. It is almost like having an online whiteboard for group discussion.
Rewind tool can come handy if you accidently deleted something and or wants to restore files to previous versions.
Dropbox also provides business customers with a suite of enterprise-specific team controls that ensure that data can only be accessed by the appropriate persons.

Cons

Honestly there are no deal breaking cons that I found with using drop box business for years but I think, the user interface needs a redesign. It feels ages old compared to competition.
Synch with smartphones sometimes take a little fiddling with settings despite of having fast internet connection.

Faisal Faruque
Faisal Faruque

The Best Tool For Content Collaboration!

Reviewed on 20/02/2022

I was a Dropbox Personal plan user for a long time. When I started my own company I immediately needed a file sharing and collaboration tool to use internally. Without any second thought, I chose Dropbox Business and I don't regret that decision. This meets all my needs and the most important thing is that Dropbox Business is quite inexpensive compared to other tools. Besides, the native software lets me manage my files from any device. Due to all of these reasons I always recommend Dropbox Business to other people.

Pros

I consider this as the ultimate productivity tool and this is a must-have for any company out there. The thing I most love about this tool is its flexible storage plans. I can upgrade and downgrade my plans according to my need and believe me, it saves a lot of money which is very important for a startup. Also, the version history feature is a lifesaver for collaborative projects. Dropbox Business does really well in terms of organizing files and tagging them automatically. It saves additional time required to organize those files and overall increases productivity.

Cons

There's nothing that I dislike about Dropbox Business for now. But I want to mention some points where the developers can bring some improvements. The commenting and notes feature should be more intuitive as well as user-friendly.

Reasons for Switching to Dropbox Business

I was thinking about Google Drive's premium feature for a while before opting for Dropbox Business. Although Google offers similar features in terms of file sharing and management, the collaboration feature is not that good in Google Drive. Hence I chose Dropbox Business and it's helping me a lot.
Ishrat

Dropbox has evolved into much more than a simple cloud storage solution for me

Reviewed on 16/05/2022

Dropbox seemed like the perfect tool for collaborative work at my institution because of its fantastic capabilities.

Pros

As soon as I save a file to a Dropbox folder, the app automatically syncs it to all other computers or devices that share that folder.
One of the most obvious benefits of using a cloud storage service like Dropbox is that my files are protected even if my computer is not.
Dropbox Paper, which was launched in January 2017, is the company's best collaborative tool. I'm thinking about making a Paper that can be shared with others.

Cons

A free Dropbox Basic account has limited storage but includes the majority of the features included in paid subscriptions.
Dropbox also allows users to delete their Basic accounts. Free accounts expire after 12 months and 90 days of inactivity, and any files in them are deleted.
Dropbox's organizational structure isn't very novel.

OneDrive

Reasons for Choosing Dropbox Business

Dropbox's business plans are slightly less expensive.

• Company size: 1,001–5,000 Employees

A very efficient tool for file sharing and storage

Reviewed on 15/07/2022

The overall experience I have with this application is very very good. I greatly welcome the birth of this tool that allows me to store my many files.

Pros

Dropbox Business for me remains a great tool for centralizing storage, file sharing and access to all the most important files, be it Google Docs, Microsoft Office file or Traditional files. And best of all, you can try this great cloud storage and sharing platform at a fraction of the cost compared to other platforms!

Cons

While the app is great for sharing documents, large files and perfect for small businesses and works perfectly, however, the app is still in my eyes sometimes slow when it takes time to upload and download files. If it could be just a little bit faster, this application would be formidable and incomparable on the market.

Box

Google Workspace

Reasons for Switching to Dropbox Business

I already had some very good opinions about this software from many colleagues. I tried it and I do not regret it today.
Rudolph
Rudolph

Drop everything else and use DropBox for your Business!

Reviewed on 17/04/2023

Once I began growing my company Dropbox was essential. It allowed me to collaborate with my subordinates and I was able to easily upload documents for them to review and use for the customers we were working with. I can also send lending institutions links to the folder if I can't use the google share feature because of their firewall.

Pros

The amount of space I got for free! Also, the file sharing, and document management. It is so convenient to be able to edit the dropbox folder right from my windows explorer. I have the dropbox folder on my quick access tollbar.

Cons

I have had an issue with folder I made. For some reason it keeps saying I need administrator access to delete the file, but I am the administrator. It's not a huge deal but it is a little annoying because the folder is rather large and I can't delete it. It's taking up valuable space.

OneDrive and Google Drive

Reasons for Switching to Dropbox Business

I use it as additional tool for collaboration and document management. I use One Drive for my personal cloud storage. I use Google drive to keep track of documents I receive through my email. I use Dropbox to send document folders to my subordinates and lending institutions I work with.
"Kennedy" Marie
  • Industry: Legal Services

Best Document Management Software for Personal Use and Small Businesses

Reviewed on 22/02/2020

Overall, this is an excellent product. I can't imagine using anything else for my small law firm and for my own personal document management needs.

Pros

There aren't many negative things to say about Dropbox. They dominate this corner of the market, and it shows. Businesses nowadays are all about integration and automation. Virtually all other noteworthy software integrates directly with Dropbox, making automation a breeze. Dropbox's integration with MS Office 365 Online now makes it possible to make edits to MS Word and Excel documents right from Dropbox. "Dropbox Transfer" allows you to share or transfer a large number of documents with others, right from Dropbox. And if you subscribe to the "Professional" level, you can "rewind" changes and deletions to folders and documents for 180 days.

Cons

Not really a Con, just wishful thinking on my part: Dropbox integrates with Adobe Sign, which is great. However, right now, there is no integration to Adobe Document Cloud, which would allow a user to do more with PDFs right from Dropbox. But it looks like they are headed in that direction soon.

Also, I'm not crazy about the "per user" pricing structure, but that is how most services charge nowadays.

I do wish that the "rewind" feature was available for the Business and Enterprise levels.

OneDrive and Google Drive

Reasons for Switching to Dropbox Business

I have Zoho Docs, Google Drive, and MS OneDrive already. But none of these has the features and capabilities of Dropbox.
samuel
samuel
  • Industry: Graphic Design

Dropbox is a good cloud storage platform… Dropbox Business makes it Better

Reviewed on 17/05/2019

For a Graphic Designer, Dropbox has been the most useful tools for me to deliver project to my clients for the past 6 years. It is easy to navigate and sharing of files to a third party is simple and convenient using the Share Link feature. Dropbox has helped a lot in my business and backups; Dropbox Business expands my experience with more storage and other features. The mobile apps makes it even easier to use, I can easily view, edit and share my files anywhere I am, without waiting to use the PC. Throughout the years of using Dropbox, I have no trouble with my files; they are safely stored on the cloud.

Pros

Dropbox is recommended it for anyone looking for ease to use online storage. There is clean user interface, easy to learn for new users. Dropbox made it possible to share files to a third party, manage file’s permissions, and allow users to protect their files with password, this helps user’s file locked to unauthorized access.

My favourite will be the Add to my Dropbox feature. With this, I don’t have to download files shared to me; I can just transfer them to my Dropbox account with a single click, no matter the size.

Dropbox have a perfect synchronizing feature called Smart Sync that allows users to use a single account on multiple devices easily. Dropbox created a convenient environment for their users, with mobile app for both Android and iOS users and also a PC app, which are more convenient to use. The PC App create a folder on the PC which all already files on the Dropbox account automatically sync to the PC which makes downloading unnecessary, also the folder is a perfect way to upload to Dropbox with easy Copy and Paste, other benefit of using Dropbox App is the ability to pause uploading of files.

Dropbox offers a free Basic account with 2G available storage for each sign ups, which is a small storage for professional users. Over the years, I had to upgrade my basic account to PLUS account which offer additional storage space of 3TB and some other features. Dropbox offer 30 days Free Trial on Business Account which is good to test the plan.

Cons

Dropbox offers are clean with a stress-free platform that I can hardly think of a disadvantage, but I will say the first major problem I have with Dropbox, which is inability to pause uploading of files on the webpage. Before the apps are available, uploading of files can be frustrating; any interruption to the internet connection to the PC will make the uploading to starting all over, which is why I recommend using the apps.

The Free Basic Account is limited to 2GB which is small amount of space and users need to upgrade the Plus Account. And for some reason, Monthly payment options are more expensive than Yearly payment options, which is ridiculous.

Grace
Grace

Centralized and secure file storage and file collaboration.

Reviewed on 28/11/2021

Where I work it was determined that it was worth paying, we are many people, and honestly Dropbox Business does a very good job, and it is scalable in an enterprise way. My personal and collective experience has been beneficial. And as a recommendation; if you are helping your company to choose a cloud storage and collaboration software, or you are directly the one who makes the final decision, I recommend trying the free version first and not go directly to pay monthly or annual licenses, because everyone has different needs, perhaps for very small companies it is not convenient.

Pros

When our organization switched to the Dropbox Business plan, everything changed dramatically for the better, and it's not as if the free version was bad, but the storage limits were no longer a problem. Dropbox is completely versatile and competent, as it not only serves us for cloud storage, but has valuable features and tools for collaboration within the same platform, where we have spreadsheets, documents, multimedia content and all kinds of necessary files.
I also noticed that security is a remarkable factor in Dropbox Business, as it allows remote deletion of any unit, and has different types of authentication, permissions for users in the management of documents, among other factors.

Cons

Dropbox is full of positive qualities and functions that have been very helpful to all of us, however the mobile application is not my favorite, it is a little slow, and when downloading or pull a file from there is a headache because it consumes a lot of data, so I must wait to connect to wifi and even then the process is slow; and I do not think it's the fault of my device because I'm not the only one that happens. It may not be a big problem and I should just use my computer for such activities, but the mobile application is not an ornament; it is also necessary to access the app from time to time if the situation requires it and do what you need to do smoothly and without problems.

Sharif

The Standard Cloud Storage Product Easy Enough for Anyone to Use

Reviewed on 31/08/2022

I love Dropbox. I was one of the original adopters over a decade ago when there was only a free plan. I've been using it ever since. Now I'm a full Dropbox Business user and I use it not only for all of my documents and files, but also the Dropbox API allows me to automatically save backups of my client websites for my business in a secure off-site location - which has become a primary selling point for my business. I've never had any serious issues with Dropbox and never even needed support in all these years - it just works.

Pros

Local synchronization to your PC (or Mac or Linux) is super easy to set up. The synchronization is fast and reliable - it's one of the more robust cloud products available. The ability to choose which files exactly to sync on each PC you have it installed on also helps to save time and keep certain things available on specific PCs. I have multiple PCs for different uses; one for work, one for games, one for tinkering - all my Dropbox folders are broken up so that I only have what I need synced on each system.

Cons

Locally encrypted files would be something I'd really like to see developed. It's minor, but I'd also like to see better execution of the sync icons when other cloud storage programs like Microsoft OneDrive are installed - sometimes they conflict and it takes some registry hacking to fix. This isn't something a normal day to day computer user would know how to do.

• Industry: Renewables & Environment

Perfect when it works, catastrophic when it doesn't

Reviewed on 23/03/2018

Pros

It's super easy to use. Because it just appears like another folder on your computer, it's seamless. The online version pairs well with it, giving access to previous versions, the ability to restore deleted files (priceless!), and a relatively granular ability to share files and folders with pretty much anyone. The best thing overall is just knowing that all my files are safely backed up in the cloud. If anything goes wrong with my computer, I can sync up dropbox on another computer and be ready to go.

Cons

I have worked at two different companies where huge chunks of files disappeared from dropbox. In both cases we were told that it was our fault. In both cases it was the users "responsible" were the dropbox admins who weren't even working when it happened. In both cases, after some headaches and freakouts, the files were mostly restored. In the second case, though, not all the files were restored. The only way to tell what was missing was to log in to the web version, show deleted files, and look for the time stamp of when all the files were deleted. Then it was a matter of manually restoring those. We are still, over a year later, finding files that need to be manually restored.

The second issue I have with the software is the navigation flow of the online web site. I am someone who navigates primarily with a keyboard when browsing to folders. This is impossible online. If I click "s" to go to a folder that starts with that letter, dropbox jumps to the first folder with that letter and selects the checkbox next to it. I can't keep typing letters to get to the specific folder I want within the s's. I also then have to uncheck the box that dropbox automatically selected in order to get to the folder I do want. The previous design of their web site didn't do this and the update frustrates me at least several times every week.

Nickson
  • Industry: Writing & Editing

Dropbox business review

Reviewed on 02/12/2022

My overall experience with Dropbox Business has been great! The platform is easy to use and makes it simple for me to store, organize, and manage my business documents and files. I especially appreciate the fact that it grants me access to my files from any device, which makes it easier to stay productive while on the go. Additionally, the customer service is helpful and responsive, which has been a great asset when I have had any questions or issues.

Pros

Dropbox Business is a powerful cloud-based storage and collaboration platform for businesses. It provides secure, reliable storage for all types of business data, enabling teams to work together more efficiently. The collaboration tools provided by Dropbox Business are especially useful, as they allow teams to easily share documents, edit them in real-time, and communicate with each other.The security and reliability of Dropbox Business is another major benefit. The system is designed to keep business data safe from outside threats, and it does a great job of that. With the latest encryption technology and secure access controls, businesses can be sure that their data is safe and secure.Dropbox Business also offers a range of features that help businesses work more efficiently. Folder sharing, document collaboration, and time-saving automation tools are all included in the package. These features make it easier for teams to stay in sync and work together on projects.Dropbox Business is also easy to use and integrates seamlessly with existing business processes. The user interface is intuitive and straightforward, making it easy for users to get up and running quickly. Additionally, the platform integrates with popular enterprise tools, making it easy to incorporate Dropbox Business into existing systems.

Cons

Dropbox Business is a great product for many businesses, but it has some drawbacks that can be difficult to overcome. First, the lack of customization options can be a major limitation. With Dropbox Business, there are few options for tailoring the product to fit the specific needs of a business. This can make it difficult for businesses to make the product work for them, as they may not be able to access the features they need. Additionally, the integration with existing business processes can be a challenge, as the product does not always provide the same level of flexibility as other solutions.Second, some features are missing or could be improved. For example, the ability to synchronize document versions across multiple devices or the ability to share files with non-Dropbox users are features that could be improved. Additionally, some of the features that are available may not be intuitive to use, making it difficult for users to understand how to use them. This can be especially challenging for businesses with a large number of users, as they may not have the resources to train everyone on using the product.Finally, some of the security options available with Dropbox Business may not be sufficient for businesses with sensitive data. While the product does offer some encryption and other security measures, it may not be enough for businesses that need to protect highly confidential information.

Josemaria
Josemaria

Dropbox for teams!

Reviewed on 20/07/2018

Dropbox has stood the test of time and the threats of similar (and cheaper) services available out there. It just goes to show the quality, bang-for-every-buck, ease of use, beauty, and simplicity of this service. Every single thing you love about personal Dropbox is now made collaborative and available for Teams and Businesses.

Pros

I've been using Dropbox since it came out in 2007. It was one of the first and just worked for me. The limited space (2GB) had me take advantage of its additional space promo via inviting as many people to use it and therefore earn an extra 500MB from each one referred to Dropbox.

Dropbox just works for me. It works on the background without much toll on my PC's resources. My teammates also have personal dropbox but we realized we needed more storage capacity, and we needed a way to work more collaboratively using the same space. This is when we decided to try Dropbox for Business.

Everything you love about personal (free) Dropbox is made available to Team members! Shared space simplifies our workflow and file sharing/access. The limits as Dropbox puts it "As much space as needed" is a great assurance that we won't run out of storage space mid-way through the project.

Our Infra/Systems Admin also likes Dropbox because certain tasks are facilitated for them, e.g., easy to setup Single-Sign-On (SSO) for authentication and Invites, Tiered admin roles and advanced admin console. Even our own company domain can be integrated and used for verification. Plus, devices that connect to the service may also be monitored and controlled. These are all crucial for security and operations management.

Cons

Since this is Cloud-based, provisions on Internet bandwidth has to be ensured, otherwise, it may appear to be slow for your teams who work on files synced via the network.