Hubstaff

Hubstaff

Time tracking with screenshots, for remote teams

4.6/5 (1014 reviews)
Dysiree R.

Hubstaff over other timetrackers

Reviewed on 01/06/2019

It was a good experience however we just moved to a different time tracker as we need to integrate our own system with the time tracker at a lower cost. We did a get a refund once but it never happened again, and this was due to some tech issues on their end.

Pros

Hub staff is very convenient to use and very detailed as screenshots from what the workers were doing are available but it isn't readily available real time. The interface is user-friendly. The percentage of work and movement is there, so you kind of have the idea if the worker is idle or not, hub staff capture 3 random screenshots​ every 10 minutes so it does really help a lot in catching workers who are doing unrelated things while they should be doing work. Apart from this, the admin can restrict the workers from deleting the screenshots but​ it could also be enabled in the setting, when screenshots are deleted, it also deducts the 10 mins. Both admins and users​ can add time manually depending on what you set up.
With the support people, I think they are okay, but can only be reached through emails and chatbox on the website.

Cons

One of the issue 90% of us encountered​ with hubstaff is with setting up, the timezone is really hard to set up, but hubstaff provided a troubleshooting guide link also posted on their website, but still it is quiet techy for someone who is not tech savvy​.

Another thing that I least like about the software is that, they can't track real time, which I think is very essential for most businesses. They don't have a live monitoring set up.

The Customer service is good, however it is very unconvenient to reach them, I would really prefer them to have a phone line so I don't have to type a very long email explaining about my technical issues. Apparently, they can only be contacted through chatbox in their website (which is not 24/7) and through emails.

Lastly, I really don't like how google gives ideas and accesses on tutorials on how to bypass the hubstaff system. There are a ​couple of ways a worker can bypass the hubstaff system and it may seem to you that the worker is working but actually not. Applications and tricks are available online.

Juan M.

Lightweight, easy, and effective

Reviewed on 29/03/2019

As a time tracking, payment management, and employee monitoring software, Hubstaff does a great job. It does help many companies keep track of their employees and is pretty comprehensive and even fun to use (when you look at it form the browser). Aside from the archaic Windows app, which has many problems, I have no complaints.

Pros

I've only used Hubstaff for time tracking with my company, I've never used it individually, but I've worked with it with two separate companies so far (as a freelancer), and when comparing it to other time tracking and monitoring tools, I find Hubstaff to be one of the most easy to use and amenable. The thing I like the most is the comprehensive user experience from my end, though I can't speak for admins. As a worker I enjoy being in control and up-to-date with my activity.

Cons

I would say that working with Hubstaff can get a little pressuring because of the activity system in place. What I mean is that I understand the way they measure activity but I do believe that looking for an activity sign every second can be very daunting, especially when some affiliate companies look for activity percentages higher than 80% for their employees. This forces many freelancers into a burnout trying to achieve these impossible productivity standards. Of course, Hubstaff can't claim responsability for what its users decide to do with it, but since it's fairly understandable that we (as workers) don't necessarily press keys or move the mouse at all times, maybe it would be better if they counted one activity sign every two (2) seconds, for example. Or if they offered ways to take breaks that were a direct part of the software and not something entirely at the discretion of one's employer. Hubstaff is great, but its current system does seem to favor employers more than employees, in my opnion, and this could lead to exploitation. Another thing is that the Windows app really needs an update, it has many bugs and doesn't look well on the UX side. There should be more options, not just an outdated-looking time tracker.

Benjamín T.
Industry: Furniture

Hubstaff is a very cool and light tool for time tracking

Reviewed on 25/03/2019

Likelihood to recommend: 7.0/10

Industry: Retail

Lightweight, easy, and effective.

Reviewed on 30/01/2019

Overall hubstaff has been an excellent way to track and verify productivity and hours worked. Every day we're sent an email showing the team's productivity and hours worked for the day, the staff is able to easily download and use the tool, and they are able to make adjustments to their own time clocks without having to have a superior edit the time for them which was an issue with other system we've used in the past. Hubstaff requires notes for all time edits so it is easy to see when and why edits were made.

Pros

Hubstaff is a quick and easy way to track your time working on a project or projects. The software has many helpful features such as the ability to add or edit your tracked time in case you forget to clock in or out, as well as periodically taking and storing screenshots to help you see what you were working on at any given time (the screenshots are blurred so text is not visible, but you can see overall what was going on on the screen). Hubstaff is great for monitoring productivity, it tracks your activity percentage based on the times that you were clocked in by monitoring mouse movements.

My favorite feature is the option to add a reminder prompt if you haven't logged in by a certain time, so for example if you log in every day at 8:30, you can set a reminder for 8:35 to pop up an alert in the event that you forget to start your timer.

Cons

The only con I could say about this software is that every day during our 30 minute videoconference meeting I have to keep telling Hubstaff that I am not idle since my mouse hasn't been moving for that time period, and after 10 minutes or so it marks you as idle.

Response from Hubstaff

Thanks for the kind review! We too like the reminder to start the timer :)

Le-an lai L.
Industry: Publishing

Great for online teams

Reviewed on 17/09/2018

Great! It's amazing for the team but needs more options for the manager to be able to easily track employees with whatever variable that is needed.

Pros

I love how it's so easy to use for any new team member. I can also teach a new manager quickly on how to track those who are below them.
It's also great that I am able to calculate pay easily, and see who has been actually performing the least when online.

Cons

The biggest thing I would love to see is being able to easily check if someone has been adding/modifying their time too much. In the old software that we used, I can easily open a calendar and for each employee, check how many hours was working on the computer, and how many hours were done offline/tracked by the app. I have to go through one by one before actually catching someone who is violating company policies.

Another one would be instead of having the checkbox portion of idle time when people have been away from their computer, make it a radio select where they have to choose whether to keep or delete it. This has caused so much confusion with our team when we started, and would greatly help in making sure that their time is logged correctly.

Response from Hubstaff

Hello! Thank you for your review. In regards to being able to easily check if members have been editing time manually, we do have a report section dedicated just for that. It is called "Manual Time Edits", and you will be able to see exactly which time was edited manually instead of tracked with the time tracker. As for the idle time features, we would love to here more about your feedback and suggestions. Please feel free to contact us directly at [email protected] and let us know!

Roxanne H.
Industry: Consumer Goods

Everything we need!

Reviewed on 18/12/2018

Its a pretty solid program to keep track of your productivity and sometimes I even use it to go a couple days back to check if I was able to do tasks that I may have slipped my mind.

Pros

- random screen capture every 10 minutes that allows managers to check if employees are focused on their intended tasks
- lets you track running time to the second that can also be used to determine pay.
- you can track overall running time with preset time periods or set your own
- forgot to time in? dont fret! you can edit this and leave a note to state your reason so managers can review and approve or reject the changes
- has a mini time window that allows users to check how much time is running without closing any windows
- works great with Mac and Windows
- Different parameters used to measure productivity
- color coded productivity
- can view daily, weekly, and monthly productivity rate
- easy to use interface
- set tasks, projects, invoices, calendar schedules, admin can limit user access
- easy to use dashboard with graphs of productivity

Cons

- its not an exact science. My task is "Product Sourcing" which greatly relies on scrolling through thousands of pages to find a good item to sell and sometimes it takes the whole 8 hours to find 1-2 good items worth a second look. Hubstaff sees this as not productive and gives me a real low productivity percentage rate.
- it can be manipulated if you still have time in between your tasks like opening new windows and tabs and mixing it with other "movements".

Dejan L.
Industry: Nonprofit Organization Management

Productivity booster

Reviewed on 29/07/2019

It is a great product if you spent some time explaining the advantages to your colleagues. Otherwise, I might be seen as a tool that violates personal privacy and narrowly measures company productivity.

Pros

easy to use, stable desktop app, great visualizations and statistics, many possibilities for integration with another tools

Cons

some functionalities within this product are not fully customizable (e.g. idle time is set to min of 5 minutes), more flexibility would be great (e.g. you can`t enable or disable idle timer or disable manual adding/editing records within specific project/task.

Response from Hubstaff

Hi Dejan,
Thanks for your feedback!

We absolutely agree that it is important to have a conversation with your team in regards to the software and its capabilities to ensure they are on the same page and do not feel that it invades their privacy.
We understand that this type of conversation can be difficult and time consuming so we put a guide together to help with the transition https://support.hubstaff.com/transition-your-business-to-hubstaff/

If you have any questions feel free to reach out to our support team and we will be happy to help.

Thanks again!

Industry: Consumer Services

Accuracy is the Key!

Reviewed on 15/12/2018

Using this software is the best decision my company ever had in monitoring all their employees including myself. The accuracy of our timestamp shows the efficiency of our work everyday. I definitely love this software for providing us with fair results & reports with how productive we are every week, this is very helpful to all employees in any company to be more motivated to work hard each day. For me, working hard simply means working honestly with less supervision.

Pros

I had used so many other softwares in my previous companies which also offers the same features with this software. However, the best thing I like most with Hubstaff is the accuracy of work done per agent by providing accurate timestamp, screenshots & productivity report per agent & a lot more. Also, this software is indeed a friendly user which provides all users or agents an easy access to this software & provides easy instructions on how to make further changes in each users of this software. I would highly recommend this to all my friends & previous co-workers to work efficiently with less supervision.

Cons

Well, only one thing that I like least with this software & that was the delivery of screenshots per agent. It was more of the interval of each screenshot provided by this software. Honestly, I'm not really sure how exactly it works since I'm not the one in charge of this software in our company. Nevertheless, I am pretty sure it can be improved more to deliver quality experience to all users.

Laine K.

Great time tool

Reviewed on 06/08/2019

We are a completely remote company, and Hubstaff makes it possible to track our individual time spent on all projects, report on that time, send payments in some cases, and keep a detailed log of work that was completed on tasks.

Pros

I like the ability to track individual tasks and customize a dashboard on the homepage to show the metrics that are most useful to you, the individual user.

Cons

The sync with Confluence takes a while to upload tasks into the pop-out timer, and I feel that time is wasted waiting for the update on the timer to occur so I can start tracking time. I also think that the way the timing works per week should be based on the individual user's time zone, and not the company time zone.

Response from Hubstaff

Hi Laine,
Thanks for your feedback,

It is great to hear that our software is helping you with managing your remote team.
We understand that it can be frustrating when you need to update the tracker.
However when you update the tracker this means you can use the most recently added features and tools,

We apologize for the inconvenience and if you have other feedback you would like to discuss feel free to contact our support team directly and we will be happy to help.

Thanks again,

Michael D.
Industry: Real Estate

Easy to use, not quite as easy to manage, but still pretty easy to manage.

Reviewed on 09/02/2018

We're able to track the work time and habits of a mess of remote workers from the other side of the world with relatively little fuss.

Pros

Hubstaff gives different levels of control that can be passed down through the command chain, allowing The Boss to have the total domination he needs to feel like The Boss while enabling middle management to fiddle usefully with things and retain enough control over their team's calendars and settings to not make them feel emasculated and vestigal. Even the rank-and-file employees themselves can be given a decent amount of control -- or not, if that's how you like it.

Cons

The calendars used on their Timesheet pages are really finicky -- sometimes, you swear the thing you just did in order to get from 'looking at today' to 'looking at yesterday' SHOULD have worked, but clearly didn't...and then you do the exact same thing again, and it works like you expected.

Also, and I realize that this is a problem in all similar software but it IS avoidable and SHOULD BE avoided even though it's not actually avoided anywhere, Hubstaff is not great at dealing with timezone changes. So if you have people on the East Coast, people on the West Coast, and people in the Philippines, two of those groups have to learn to think and act like they're in the third group's timezone, and that's hard when you're dealing with entry-level remote workers.

Likelihood to recommend: 7.0/10

Ray C.

Cenedex Software Solutions - Hubstaff Review

Reviewed on 04/06/2019

Hubstaff has been our preferred platform to track all of our employee hours and tasks for a very long time, and we are extremely happy with the results in helping us organize our work flow and management.
We have been able to realize the ease in a long standing promise of transparency to our customers by sending frequent, detailed reports on the hours of developers on client projects.

Pros

We especially love about hubstaff is the newly released "Hubstaff Tasks" function which allows us to track the task along with the time taken for each user. As a software company that prides itself in transparency, our clients truly appreciate seeing how their money is spent, and Hubstaff offers them the perfect easily-exported PDF files.

Cons

Rather than what we like least, we recognize that each platform is a growing and developing business, and Hubstaff has show us that they are constantly improving to meet customer needs.
To this extend I would love to see these improvements in the next major update:

1) To be able to connect one-single project to multiple integrations at a time, for example to Hubstaff Tasks as well as Quickbooks.

2) To be able to upgrade a single user or owner to a higher plan, so as to take advantage of the higher tier benefits.

3) To be able to edit Immutable times from external integrations, in the case of Human error in selecting projects or Tasks.

Richard W.
Industry: Publishing
Company size: Self Employed

Good time tracker for individuals

Reviewed on 15/09/2018

I needed more flexibility in specifying date ranges than I had in the previous time tracker I was using, and Hubstaff delivered! It's not perfect--and sometimes it's frustrating--but it's nevertheless indispensable to me.

Pros

* Apps for OSX, iPhone
* Perfect for individuals
* Allows reports for customized date range

Cons

* Website is often confusing: always have to look around to find the right page for creating a customized report
* Task durations are only downloadable in hour:minute:second form, which makes it cumbersome if you're importing into a spreadsheet and still need to convert to decimal hours (e.g., convert 1:37:17 to decimal)
* Need to enter tasks when setting up a project: can't enter them in the process of entering time. Would be nice to be able to type a task in the dropdown, have the page display an alert ("Do you want to add the task 'Drive to customer site' to the project?"), add the task to the project, and update the drop-down.
* Would like the option for more flexibility in manually entering times, e.g., if I'm doing something from 9:00
a.m. to 9:38 a.m., and I realize that I haven't started the timer, give me the option of manually entering 40 minutes before 9:40 a.m., even if it's not yet 9:40.
* In general, need more configuration options (see above).

Willy A.
Industry: Financial Services

Great tool to track productivity

Reviewed on 23/07/2019

It’s a pretty reliable program to track productivity and allows you to work with employees remotely. Every supervisor who works with employees remotely should have this. It makes your work so much easier and it is very affordable.

Pros

I find Hubstaff to be very useful especially in project management. Tasks can be clearly outlined for each agent and it helps you get reports on my agents and productivity increases because I can now closely follow up with the individual agents who are having trouble delivering. It’s a very easy software to use with a clean User Interface. I especially love the “Hubstaff Tasks” function as it helps me track the amount of time agents take to complete certain tasks and this is very useful information in project planning, I can now get a better estimate of the time required to carry out tasks from previous records. I haven’t had the chance to use the mobile app but it’s good to know there is that option which would be very useful when on the go.

Cons

Hubstaff has been splendid and it offers a lot of features, I’m really satisfied with it, maybe in a future version, the software could include a real time option for the reports.

Response from Hubstaff

Hi Willy,
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback.

It is great to hear that our software is helping you with all of your time tracking needs.

We really appreciate your kind words.

Warmly,

Arianna maouna B.
Industry: Information Technology & Services

Make remote work possible with Hubstaff

Reviewed on 26/09/2018

My organization is trying to reduce cost by letting employees work remotely. This is also to allow us to hire talent not just from our country but to all parts of the world as well. Through Hubstaff, it makes managing people easier because there is transparency. Hubstaff's ability to track time, measure activity level and take screenshots of what the workers are actually doing have helped us achieve our business goals.

Pros

At first I thought it would be impossible to work with a group of people living from different parts of the country. But through Hubstaff, it allowed me to manage these people with the Task Management tool, easily and accurately measure their productivity level, and at the same time, see what they have been working on with the Screen Capture feature.

Cons

My only concern with Hubstaff, or any product for that matter, is the cost. Everything that offers good quality service really comes at a price, and I think Hubstaff has given me that. My organization has been using Hubstaff for over 3 years now and we are still and will continue to use it for years to come.

Luis daniel R.
Industry: Computer Software

Awesome tool to track productivity

Reviewed on 02/08/2019

Pros

This is by far the most robust time tracking software I've ever tested. I love the screenshot taking feature and how easy is to create new tasks

Cons

I don't like that the pricing model is not per user, so let's say you have 6 employees you need to get the 10 employees plan instead of adding just one additional user.

Response from Hubstaff

Hi Luis,
Thanks for the feedback!

It is great to hear that you are enjoying software and screenshot feature.

In regards to the pricing model we understand that our current pricing model may not fit everyone which is why we are adding a per user plan shortly.

Thanks again!

Incredible time-tracking software

Reviewed on 03/05/2019

Pros

This is a very, very easy-to-use time management software that can work in businesses of many shapes and sizes. I love that rather than just digitally tracking time, you can even assign your time to different projects, locations, etc. It works on Mac and PC flawlessly, and although I haven't used the mobile app, I've heard good things about it.

In terms of trusting your workers, it even can screen capture the main display of their PC/Mac to ensure they aren't slacking off. This also tracks how much "activity" (mouse movement only, I think) per 10-minute period.

Cons

Really not too many cons with this one - very straightforward as an enduser, and very straightforward to setup for others.

I think that presentation wise, the program could be rebranded to be a bit cleaner-looking, or higher-end. It's simple, it works, but I think it could be visually enhanced a tad. In terms of function, there's not much to criticize other than editing time after the fact. I have found it sometimes cumbersome to overwrite/change old time entries after entering them, as when it overlaps with another time, it doesn't allow you to submit.

Tamara H.
Company size: Self Employed

Hubstaff is a great product

Reviewed on 27/03/2019

Overall, Hubstaff is a great product. I have looked at several other timers and time-tracking utilities, but keep using Hubstaff because of the ease in setting up small projects. I would definitely recommend it to others.

Pros

The desktop widget timer is great, and I can create a project and get to working on it with minimal fuss. This is great for small ad hoc projects that require only a few hours of work.

Cons

It is difficult to see how much total time an individual has worked on a specific project. Ideally, you could select a project and an employee and see the total time that person worked. Also, the "custom" timeframe capability using the calendars doesn't seem to work properly when selecting dates for a report.

Response from Hubstaff

Hi Tamara,
Thank you for the nice review. You should be able to use your Time & Activities report to choose any custom dates you want as well as filter for specific people and projects. The steps to do this are here, https://support.hubstaff.com/save-custom-filters-reports/. Please contact us at https://support.hubstaff.com if there are any questions.
Cristina

Industry: Computer Software

Hubstaff allows you to go from reactive to proactive management

Reviewed on 26/03/2019

Overall I've been quite happy with it and have yet to find a tool that is as useful for time tracking.

Pros

Most time tracking software doesn't give you the depth of data that Hubstaff does. They justify this by saying that "if you can trust your staff, no monitoring is necessary". The reality is that remote teams have a hard time staying on top of who is working on what and who needs help. PM tools only go so far, but seeing where staff are struggling in real time allows us to be pro-active about priorities and getting everyone the information they need to get the job done without having to wait for them to ask.

Cons

There are some minor issues, like no currency conversion on staff pay rates. This negates the value of a lot of the reports when running an international team. I often wish the integrations with PM and accounting tools went a bit further so that time data could be pushed to those to get reports outside of Hubstaff.

Marian isabel N.

Hubstaff Time & Productivity Tracker Review

Used Weekly for 1+ year
Reviewed on 27/07/2019

Pros

From Time tracking, Productivity monitoring, Reporting & Online timesheets all in one software service. Time tracking anywhere or everywhere in remote location, multiple devices or any platform where your employee works. Do you wanna see your projects unfold before your very eyes, Hubstaff has this project productivity monitoring wherein it files screenshots, sites visited or apps used to create the project also it has online timesheets wherein you would know of how long did it take for a project to be done and what "possible problems" caused a delay. Tired of the old biometrics tracking to know if your employee did come to work or not? Solution? Hubstaff. Turn any of your device into a kiosk for clocking in and out of employees. Reporting comes with it too, how convenient is that?

Cons

Only problem with this product is sometimes it malfunctions when not updated properly else it works perfectly.

Jessica N.
Industry: Fund-Raising

The best time tracking platform out there

Reviewed on 10/07/2018

It saves me so much time and allows me to easily check work product progress for my staff and partner consultants who work a state a way or across the world. It also allow me to be completely mobile when I need to be and allows the same for my staff/partners.

Pros

Hubstaff is, hands down, the best time tracking platform on the market. My business would not function efficiently without it, and I honestly wouldn't be able to be as mobile as I am without it. My business model depends upon collaborations and Hubstaff makes that possible for me with very little time spent on administration. You simply can't beat the cost for what you get!

Cons

While Hubstaff is brilliant at what it does, I haven't upgraded to their premium account because I find the payroll and billing to lack the flexibility I need to work well. For example, it doesn't allow me to write-in a description of activities accomplished on the billing, which some of my clients require. So I'm stuck using other platforms for that. Also, there's so much potential in their task system to replace other project management platforms, but it's not there yet.

Best that we have found

Reviewed on 09/01/2019

We use Hstuff to run our entire business. We would be lost without it to track time on projects and employees hours.

Pros

Able to track time per task/project
Able to monitor time spent and activity levels of employee
Able to monitor screenshots and change frequency of them being taken
Great customer support
Able to manage a global business with workers working from their home (no need for office)
Able to track employee's hours/activity

Cons

I have seen instances where staff overseas used a program to create mouse movements and keyboard strokes to mimic activity levels but this is minor because actual work output and screenshots tell who is using them. I wish that Hstaff would tell me when this occurs but they cannot due to slander/liability if someone is fired.

Response from Hubstaff

Our software does detect if something "not real" was done instead of real mouse or keyboard moves. We are able to look at the user's logs and let the owner know whether or not we see anything like this.

Chloe C.
Industry: Marketing & Advertising
Company size: Self Employed

Brilliant product, easy to use, does all you need it to

Reviewed on 31/07/2018

Hubstaff allows me to keep track of how much time I'm spending on each of my clients individually as well as how much time I am spending on my own work such as accounts or my own social media. In turn, it has allowed me to work out a much bette hourly rate to work towards and allows me to identify those clients who take up too much of my time for their budget.

I use the Hubstaff monthly reports to give a clearer overview of where my time has been spent.

Overall, Hubstaff has allowed me to work to better financial goals as well as helping with optimising my time.

Pros

This software is a brilliant price for what it does. When looking for a good time tracking software I wasn't too sure which would be best for me, however, I figured it was worth a shot. I only use it's basic features - eg I don't use the invoicing etc just the time tracking but by doing so I have really managed to optimise my time spent on both client work and personal work. I also like the ease of use of the software. I primarily use the Mac Application but have also used Hubstaff on my phone (iPhone) and PC - all of which have been simple to use.

Cons

At first, I found it difficult to find monthly reporting, however after a quick Google I managed to resolve this. I think it could be made easier to find.

Jozsef H.
Industry: Internet

A company that really gives that plus!

Reviewed on 10/09/2015

I am with them now for (I think) a month (and a half?).
The desktop App works flawlessly. It is really easy to integrate with Gitlab, Github etc. (I did not try anything else since i'm using these only)
My clients love that they can see that how much time I spent on an Issue. When I close the Issue with the desktop app, it comments to the issue the tracked time.

I can feel that they really care about me as a customer.
I had some issue with the payment (from my bank's side) they extended my trial so I can keep tracking time while my bank fixed the issue... :)

I remember some week ago they were under maintenance for a short time on Sunday (when the less customer were tracking time).
Unfortunately I was online, tracking my time, just to see that I lost 1 or 2 hour.
I reported it, they told me sorry and they even offered to pay the lost hours. :)
I turned down the offer since I could add it manually, but this is something that... that you may be never going to see from other companies. :)

I tried a lot of time tracking solutions but stopped them using after 1-2 weeks.
I'm still using Hubstaff ( I broke my personal record with them )
Maybe the great service, maybe the excellent customer support... I don't really know. They're just right for me.

Pros

They care about you.
Good pricing / well priced.
Easy to use Dashboard.
Easy to use Desktop App. (that integrates pretty well with other services, like GitLab)
They handle your problem lightning fast. Even if it requires further development. I mean seriously... you report a bug or something that it is not working as intended and it gets fixed in a short span of time... (mine got fixed in 1 or 2 weeks, it was some integration problem with Gitlab)

Cons

Well maybe if I could add manual time between any range, like: 8:01 - 8:08 not just every 10 minutes like: 8:00, 8:10, 8:20, 8:30... but I usually track instead of adding manually. :)

Response from Netsoft Holdings, LLC

Thank you! We're happy to see that you can tell that we care about our clients. It's the most important thing to us.

Matt B.
Industry: Information Technology & Services

Great value for the money

Reviewed on 14/09/2018

My main problem I was looking to solve was time keeping. I wanted a small tool that would sit in my tray that I could easily switch between projects. As a consultant, I need to track my time in a fairly accurate manner, not only for my customers, but for internal forecasting on how long services take to deliver. Hubstaff made that very easy with an app that sat in my tray, and was a simple click to start/stop time, or change projects on the fly.

Pros

I liked #1 that you fully support a LINUX client. So hard to find that support these days. I also liked the integrations with other platforms for pulling in projects and subprojects. We use LiquidPlanner for our project management, and Hubstaff made it so much easier to track my time.

Cons

I had a problem getting it to connect to multiple sources. I tried pulling from LiquidPlanner for project stuff, and Asana for task management, but could never quite get it working. I was working with tech support on it, when my company basically pulled the plug and went a different direction, so I never got to see the final solution.

Michelle K.
Industry: Marketing & Advertising

Mediocre

Reviewed on 30/11/2018

I work remotely so they want to see when I'm working and see screenshots to make sure I'm actually doing work. So, for a management point of view, it is a useful tool if you want to see everything from when they clocked on, what they were working on, screenshots, and how much activity they had when they were working. From a user perspective, I think it could be improved. Maybe improving the minimized version. And perhaps creating a favorites option for tasks you work on regularly.

Pros

It works. I don't have any issues with it starting or turning off and it gives you the corrects time. I like that it tells me when it takes screenshots and you can export your data.

Cons

I can't use the minimized version unless I want to keep opening it up and changing the timer again and again so I just keep the max window open and hide it behind everything. I would like it if there was a "favorites" section where your most commonly used tasks were grouped together. I work for a company that has a ton of projects that they want us to record and I feel like I'm digging through stuff.

Likelihood to recommend: 5.0/10