Moodle

Chamath
  • Used for 6-12 months

The e-learning platform for 100+ students

Reviewed on 27/06/2019

In the beginning, I would say it's a bit harder to learn but after I read their documentation and refer some guides I become a master of Moodle. There are a good amount of helping documentations with Moodle you can find almost anything on their documentation. I’m happy to say that still our students using it daily. If you have a small budget this is a great choice. I’m very satisfied on Moodle and I can recommend for anyone those who are looking for a good LMS platform

Pros

I have used Moodle for an organization to implement an e-learning platform. I have searched for may LMS and finally, I selected Moodle because it’s open source and very customizable for our requirements. While I am using the Moodle I can list down some pros according to my experience

- Moodle has Multilingual capability that allows users to use multi-language it was a great feature for me.
- Manage user roles and permission, You can define roles to users and manage user access
- Bulk course creation and easy to backup
- Customizable or create our own themes
- Very useful calendar to track course deadlines, meetings and many more
- Admin user can Install and disable 3rd party plugins

Cons

Though Moodle offers many features there are some things that I don’t like much. I can list a few cons of Moodle

- The learning curve is a bit higher for administration and building Moodle courses for First-time users
- If you need to customize some functionalities requires a Moodle programmer
- The look and feel a bit outdated even if you use a theme it feels like bit older
- I faced some upgrading issues it’s not that easy for me

Reasons for Switching to Moodle

Moodle is free and customizable for our needs and we can host it anywhere we want.
dipen
dipen

Easy to made learning platform

Reviewed on 06/10/2020

My overall experience with Moodle is really worthy. me and my team are creating new class, courses and tests on Moodle and it takes very small amount of time. Course management is really nice and User interface of Moodle is really understandable to students.

Pros

1. Free and effective open source learning.
2. Create easy assignments and learning management as per subject and as per class.

Cons

1. Bulky and heavy User interface.
2. No end to end security provided.
3. No option to signup user accounts automatically.

Google Classroom and CANVAS

Reasons for Choosing Moodle

Google Classroom, another useful tool from Google. I switched to Moodle because Moodle is open source and interface is understandable to students.

Reasons for Switching to Moodle

I choose Moodle over these alternative because, Moodle is open source and highly customizable as per requirement.
Camila

Moddle was my best pal during my university years

Reviewed on 10/02/2024

Pros

The full access to all the content provided by my university. It was easy to access and navigate.

Cons

It's user interface was quite obsolete.

Paweł

Overrated, confusing, inadequate

Reviewed on 20/08/2019

I've been using this system because it has been installed at my college as the learning platform for students. In general, I find this platform awkward to use and not optimal for school/college education. Its grading system is totally inadequate for a school environment. It has modules that I don't need while lacking in those that I do need. A lot of it is confusing, e.g. some activities for testing or creating quizzes/feedback activities don't really do what you would expect (e.g. the Survey only uses predefined sets of questions, and you can't create your own [sic]). The layout is often confusing, or even buggy, e.g. when you view your students' grades and they overflow past the edge of the page, you can't really scroll to see them - unless you first scroll down to see the horizontal scroll bar, which I didn't even realise until someone pointed that out to me (there's usability for you). The enrolment system is atrocious - it overlaps a new design with an old system of enrolment, and it's terribly confusing. Unenrolling a batch of students requires some incredible tricks. And there are more annoying shortcomings and bugs. You can't expect a piece of (free) software to be perfect, but I find this system to be one of the clumsiest and annoying in terms of usability, functionality, design, and general concept.

Pros

It's free, actively developed, and ubiquitous. I don't quite understand why it's so popular, but because of its popularity support is easy to find.

Cons

It lacks features that would make it suitable for (ironically) a school/college/university environment. Notably, it doesn't have a proper grading system for classroom activities such as tests and exams. The only way to grade those (that I know of) is to create an Assignment activity and disable all the submission options, which is a very clumsy workaround (and one that is confusing for students). The enrolment/unenrolment system is a disaster.

Jesse
  • Industry: Entertainment

Moodle: The Ultimate Learning Tool

Reviewed on 13/11/2023

Pros

Moodle helped me so much when I was in college. Being a student struggling with ADHD, online learning enabled me to get around so many hardships. The ease of rewinding to catch on what the teacher was saying. Oh and let’s not forget how convenient it was to have a page full of tasks to keep track of!

Cons

Nothing at all. The fact it has helped me progress while struggling gives me no complaints about this platform!

Response from Moodle

Hi Jesse,

Thanks for sharing how Moodle supported your college journey, especially overcoming ADHD challenges. We're glad to hear that the ability to review lectures and track tasks made a significant difference for you.
We appreciate your positive feedback and are happy Moodle played a crucial role in your progress. We are continuously working on improving platform to better meet your evolving needs.

Best,
The Moodle Team

Not Worth It

Reviewed on 05/11/2023

Difficult to use, not user-friendly and with a poor user interface. It's just not the system for a college to use in the 2020s. May have made sense in the late 1990s, especially as remote learning is growing

Pros

It includes some of the elements that a modern LMS system should, although that it not saying a lot considering how other systems operate

Cons

Having used Blackboard, Angel, and Brightspace, Moodle is definitely in dead last. It is difficult to utilize and has aa system that just isn't worth it for a college or school considering something with ease of use for students and faculty

Response from Moodle

Hi,

We appreciate you taking the time to review Moodle.

We are continuously working on improving Moodle to deliver the best possible learning environment. To discover the new and improved features of Moodle, including changes to UX/ UI, with our latest release, please visit https://moodle.com/moodle-4/.

If you want to customise or upscale your LMS to your organisation’s unique needs, you can contact our Moodle Certified Partners and Service Providers. Find more information here: https://moodle.com/solutions/certified-service-providers/.

Moodle Team

Umut
  • Industry: Food & Beverages

Great platform to keep up with school

Reviewed on 05/02/2024

Better than great. Definitely recommended

Better than great. Definitely recommended

Pros

It was super easy to keep up with the assignments, and learning materials.

Cons

The design is bot super modern. But it does not affect the user experience.

Giorgi
Giorgi
  • Company size: 5,001–10,000 Employees

Best source for quiz and educational material management

Reviewed on 18/02/2024

It makes my approach to the students and overal higher education easy and productive

Pros

Ive been using for 2 years without difficulties. Very easy dashboards

Cons

I dont have any objections. Security and privacy is perfect

Arslan

Moodle has revolutionized the E-learning

Reviewed on 25/02/2024

I will recommend whole education industry to use moodle

I will recommend whole education industry to use moodle

Pros

It is so easy to set up and we can add countless features. Students love their learning management system.

Cons

I do not think of any feauture that i dislike about moodle

Response from Moodle

Hi Arslan,

Thank you for sharing your thoughts on Moodle. We're pleased to hear that you see its potential.

Warmest regards,
The Moodle Team

Franck

my university advisor

Reviewed on 14/01/2024

Pros

I appreciated its ease of use and flexibility

Cons

I didn't like its interworking and ergonomics

A complete solution for blended learning!

Reviewed on 16/09/2019

I have implemented Moodle LMS for many industries including Colleges, Universities, Manufacturing, Retail, Career Development Centers, Online Training institutions, Information, Media & Entertainment industries. Except the product is an open-source, I do not see ANY issues. This can be hosted in Amazon Web Services or in Azure cloud, it can be hosted in client environment. Moodle can be integrated with any 3rd party (both inbound and outbound) applications as long as their APIs are exposed. This has lot of in-built plugins/tools to manage ILT Events and Sessions, Chats, Virtual Learning Environment tools, etc. I highly recommend this low-cost solution for any type of industry.

Pros

Moodle is a complete e-Learning platform for many industries. It is well-suited for Education Industry. I have implemented Moodle in the large universities and colleges in the world. Most inspiring features are
- the course section which can be grouped based on customized categories and sub-categories
- forum which can be associated with the topics at course level or at organization level
- Cohort which helps the institute to manage the batch-wise students group every year and can be promoted to next level without much manual efforts
- Question Bank which can accommodate more than 12 types of assessments and can also be integrated with other assessment management systems or plugins

Cons

There is no limitation on the features, since this is an open source application, we cannot use it for GxP contents in Life Sciences and may not comply with Banking/Insurance industries.

Blackboard Learn and Docebo

Reasons for Switching to Moodle

Low-cost, highly flexible, scalable, robust, technical compatibility, user-friendly, no license cost
Adonay
  • Industry: Information Services

An excellent learning management system

Reviewed on 24/09/2020

Although it was a bit difficult and had to figure it out on our own about the server setup, once it was working, the path to set up courses, integrating modules was pretty straight forward. Our already made SCORM resources were loaded without any major trouble and worked flawlessly.

Pros

It has lots of features 'right out of the box', setting it up once installed is relatively easy and it has a great community where you can find answers for almost every issue or 'how to setup X' you could find. Also, there are lots of modules made for the platform that integrate really well.

Cons

The recommended installation process (directly from server terminal) didn't work for us on any server we tried to deploy it. We ended setting all our instances via web (which is a very great option). Also, although they have lots of support about their features and setup, they don't have the same level of support on setting the platform under certain circumstances (at server level) like reverse proxies, nat, etc.

Opigno LMS and Chamilo

Reasons for Choosing Moodle

Mostly about costs. The blackboard platform use to have extended downtimes, so, we looked for something we can deploy on our own (or the client's) servers.

Blackboard Learn

Reasons for Switching to Moodle

Because we needed a tool that has easy to set up groups, assignments, lessons and related stuff no matter which industry it's intended for. Right now Moodle is doing it perfectly for schools as for business training. Also the gamification feature ads lots of value for the clients theses days.
Alan

Moodle - The Perfect Open Source LMS

Reviewed on 17/06/2021

I have used Moodle since 2005. I first introduced it to the school district I worked in. After its introduction, it became the number one online source for teachers, students, and parents. I based my doctoral thesis on the use of Moodle in our school district. I've also used it over the years, as an educational consultant, part-time college faculty remember, and educational trainer.

Pros

First off the software is free. If you have a server, either hosting yourself or hosting service, you can easily set up a Moodle. With a little experience, you are able to have your class up and running in no time. Easily import information into your course. Finally, there are numerous free plugins that enhance your course.

Cons

The biggest problem is if you find a plugin that you can use in your course if you don't have access to the backend to install you may run into problems with whoever administers the Moodle to install the plugins.

Reasons for Switching to Moodle

Google Classroom just didn't offer all the additional addons that Moodle has to offer. Also, managing, merging, importing into Moodle is by far more powerful than what Google Classroom has to offer. The only thing that puts Google Classroom above Moodle is that more people are familiar with Google. Also, more companies have embraced integrating into Google Classroom. If you want more of a repository of information without the more student-centered approach then going with Google Classroom would work. However, if you want a more interactive experience for your students, Moodle outshines any other product.
Dianne

Superb solution but difficult to set up

Reviewed on 29/10/2019

I consult to clients who have tried to implement Moodle and recognise it's value but are struggling to get a practical, organised system. There are human issues of acceptance and the system isn't used, or the opposite where they have "created a monster" that is unwieldy. Once the system is structured correctly, and staff are trained in the right way to get the most benefit, it is always beneficial. Expensive paid systems force the client management team to go through a formal process of implementation including culture and planning, but a free system is often simply installed without strategy planning about how it is going to be used.

Pros

Moodle is opensource, and therefore inexpensive and low risk to test. If a company is considering eLearning, this should be your first option as a pilot. No pre-planning is as good as actual experience. The difficulty does not lie with the software, but that an eLearning system is a complex activity and is expected to meet the needs of very different users - different education levels, different technology capabilities and with different learning methods. Moodle shows if your company is ready for eLearning, and quickly gets you up and running. A lot of older training materials are in PDF, powerpoint and other formats, and Moodle allows "drag-and-drop" and importing of zip files or SCORM files.

Cons

This is difficult to set up, particularly if you want to make use of the assessments. You need to define your users and your strategy up front or it can become a muddle with different departments adding "courses". In a way it is almost TOO is easy to use, and individual departments create a "course" and add new categories, and dump hundreds of file with no categorisation. Most Moodle systems will need to be reorganised and "cleaned up" regularly if allowed to grow organically.

Macon
  • Industry: Civil Engineering

Pretty versatile learning management system

Reviewed on 19/12/2022

Overall, I'm happy with Moodle. The assignment organization and task list has been very helpful in the new update. Moodle has been very reliable for me and I feel generally happy with how both I and my institution are able to use it.

Pros

The biggest thing I like about Moodle that I like is that it's easy to access all of my course material in one place. Almost everything is just a couple clicks at any given point in the website. I also like the new update that reorganized the dashboard to a much more customizable setup. Overall, I'm pretty happy with Moodle and feel like it's been very reliable for me in my years of using it.

Cons

It seems like it's hard for professors to get Moodle to accurately reflect grades. Something about getting the weighted percentages or the assignment classification seems like it could be difficult on the back end. I also wish that the course pages for classes could have separate pages within the larger page. It would help subdivide the course information more evenly.

Response from Moodle

Thank you for your review. We appreciate your feedback. In Moodle, we are constantly working on new ways to improve our solutions to deliver the best learning outcomes. Discover Moodle 4.0's fresh and intuitive user experience. https://bit.ly/3bgVsDC Regards.

Hèlia
Hèlia
  • Industry: Higher Education
  • Company size: 5,001–10,000 Employees

Great learning platform

Reviewed on 21/12/2022

Moodle is a definitive educational platform that helped the learning process during pandemic and am pretty sure will continue to be used in the following years.

Pros

Moodle is a very versatile learning platform that can gather all the activities a professor needs to conducts remote learning. It can host texts, media, lessons and grade activities which give an opportunity to assess students learning as well.

Cons

Impor and export of materials to clone tasks to different courses need significative improvements.

Blackboard Learn and Schoology

LearnDash

Omesan

Moodle empowering virtual learning, anywhere, anytime on any device

Reviewed on 27/05/2023

Pros

I have used Moodle for a good few years as a learner, tutor and teacher or lecturer and I have been exposed to many of its features. The features that I like most about Moodle are 1. Moodle is able to adapt to the user needs by providing the user with options to customize layouts, themes, forums and even tests and assessments. Thus catering for the unique learning experience that one wants to bring across and transfer between educator and learner.2. Moodle provides the educator or tutor with the variety of interactive activities making virtual learning much easier between educator and learner. This feature prevents the silos that might be created by allowing for discussion forums to occurs thus breaking down the barriers that may occur when misunderstanding tasks. Communication is not just limited between educator and learner, but provides the ability for educator and educator and learner to learner communication 3. Moodle is a cost effective option for companies and learning organizations for all sizes this could be attributed to them being an open source platform. It easy to scale and expand as ones workforce grows.The analytical tools allows educators and tutors to always have insight into learners learning progress that helps the educator and tutor to target those students that require more assistance than others and personalize the learning paths and change teaching strategies

Cons

When I first started using Moodle, it took me a while before I could grasp it's extensive features and customization options. Thus making it more of a completely new software that one needs to read the instruction manual about. Although there are alot of customization options, the user interface design is less appealing usually giving you the vibe that there is some sort of learning or work to complete. Maintenance and setup within an organization or business may require technical expertise and may incur a cost

Response from Moodle

Thank you for your review. We appreciate your feedback. At Moodle, we are constantly working on new ways to improve our solutions to deliver the best learning outcomes. To get the best out of the platform, please refer Moodle Academy and Moodle Community. Furthermore, Moodle's global network of Certified Partners and Service Providers can provide personalised support.

Regards, Moodle

• Industry: Consumer Services

Functional E-learning with Moodle for contact and distance learning

Reviewed on 31/10/2023

Overall the platform does what it's supposed to do, which is to digitize learning and bring convenience to students. Even though the platform is outdated, it does serve its purpose.

Pros

We had different courses and learning materials from different teachers, so the platform was definitely expansive for students who are unable to process information quickly in class for them to be able to review the lesson in the comfort of their own space. The platform served its purpose, and as learners we were proud to be the first users in our district to be using a Learning systems management platform, and with little training, the students were able to navigate the platform seamlessly.

Cons

The user interface could do with some upgrading, the platform even though it serves its purpose, it is quite outdated and doesn't correlate with the technology/ software of today. The platform also appeared to be less intuitive and a bit buggy.

Response from Moodle

Hi,

Thank you for your feedback. We're glad you found Moodle to be a supportive tool for distance learning.

If you want to customise or upscale your LMS to your organisation's unique needs, you can contact our Moodle Certified Partners and Service Providers. Find more information here: https://moodle.com/solutions/certified-service-providers/.

Moodle Team

Pamela
  • Industry: Primary/Secondary Education

Moodle LMS - Administrator and Trainer Point of View

Reviewed on 26/02/2015

Pros

There are lots and lots of resources for help. Almost every page on the Moodle site has a link at the bottom of it taking you to the specific documentation of what you are working with. Moodle has a huge community of worldwide users that are extremely responsive to user forums, so help is literally a couple of clicks away.

Moodle is easy to figure out, even if you have never used and LMS. The site I currently administrate is at http://classes.ala.org. As you land on the homepage, you will see the list of our different divisions who offer online courses. We do this using the categories feature, allowing each of our separate divisions to be represented on the single ALA site. What you might also notice is that the login for the site is a convenient eyebrow link. If you click it, there are a variety of options for setting up your own guest credentials in addition to signing in with your official credentials granted by one of the administrators.

Most user issues are simple to troubleshoot. Moodle's no nonsense layout and intuitive interaction makes it pretty straightforward to figure out user issues. Error messages tell you specifically what a problem is in plain English (or whatever language you want to set up). Most user problems are rights related in the system.

Moodle allows you to restore previous courses into new courses. The backup and restore feature pretty much does everything for you. Take out the user data from a backup and you can restore the previous version of a course into a brand new course with very little downtime.

Cons

Version 1.9 requires an older version of Java running in order to use the wysiwyg html editor (something that comes in handy for the introduction to the course and each section/Topic for the course) -- a version of Java is required, that if you are on Windows 7, has security issues that your Network Admin is probably blocking.

The workaround not having an html editor is to open your web content editor (we have Drupal and Dreamweaver) and then paste the code into the setting fields. It is not difficult to do, just inconvenient. I am sure the current version 2.6 has this capability and more that we are waiting to upgrade to.
You have to dig a bit to get to the settings and permissions for specific activities. For example, a common user issue is with Student access to a forum. It is not obvious that some forums are specifically for teacher announcements (meaning that students aren't able to respond, just read the announcements). By the time I get issue, the course creator has a dozen or so forums setup with participants already subscribed, which means that it is easier for me to go into each forum and override the native rights. When you have scores of courses running each containing a dozen or more forums that each need to have permissions touched, it is a lot of work from the admin point of view. The lighter side is that with the proper training, or sandbox playing, creators can discover this nuance before its' too late.
The native chat activity doesn't really work in version 1.9. We use FlashChat by Host123 when our course leaders need a course chat room.
In version 1.9, there is not a lot of wiggle room in changing the look and feel of the courses. You can add, subtract and move blocks around, you can assign a theme, but it is not the most modern look and feel.

Moodle for University Student

Reviewed on 26/05/2020

Overall this is very good useful e- learning platform to any students specialy in lockdowne periods like in these corona pandamic days.I is very helpful to me to do my studies continuesly and I hope it will be very helpful to you.

Pros

Moodle is a very good e- learning platform which can provide best space for education between lecturer and students.That is the best part of this E-learning platform which I like most because it provide many options and facilities to lectures and students to do their teaching and learning things very easily.Specialy on lockdowne periods like these corona pandamic days I produce grate platform to do distance learning and education.There for It was very helpful to me to doing my studies continuesly without any disturb even every lectures and university was postponed and closed.My lectures was able to continuesly upload the lecture slides and videos to the moodle and it supply every facilities for do the lecture in online.I am very happy for that because it was very easy to interact with those lectur videos and slides.It was very helpful to me.And it also give the facility to lectures to create online assignments and we are able to submit our answers to it through over our profile.There for lectures able to checkout our learning progress and moodle automatically give the marks which we achieved as soon as we submit our assignments.It was very helpful to me because I can know my marks quickly there for I can ready for my next assignment very well.I really like this platform.

Cons

Still I did not found any downgrades to this platform but I do not like to Moodle mobile application.Because I has not much of function to interact with our Moodle profile like web interface.I like if this mobile or web platform inform us any new lectures or reaching a submission due dates like alarm or reminders.it has show up some notifications but still it has not this functionality which I mention previous.When I going to submit some assignment it has some file capacity limit there for I had to face many difficulties when going to compress my submission and upload it.I thought it is better to have much more uploading capacity limit than now.

Candace

My school has used Moodle for as long as I can remember, and it works well within our district!

Reviewed on 19/07/2018

Using Moodle has been--and continues to be--incredibly convenient for students and teachers alike in my district. Teachers can easily create online tests/quizzes that don't require the hassle of printing and making copies, then grading an entire stack of papers. Students can take the tests and quizzes with ease, and see the immediate results of the automatically-graded multiple choice questions (which saves teachers time, too!). Also, videos can be implanted into lessons, which is very convenient for pausing or rewinding at one's own pace if they zone out or don't understand the topic and need to hear the explanation again. My life as a student was made simpler with the use of Moodle, and I cannot recommend it enough!

Pros

Moodle makes online classwork incredibly easy to create (as a teacher), as well as simple to do and turn in (as a student). All the classes a student is enrolled in are clearly displayed, and classwork within each class is organized well. In addition, being able to immediately see how one did on a quiz/test (the multiple choice, at least) is very convenient.

Cons

When posting in a discussion/forum (my teachers called them "journal entries"), all students can see each other's responses. While this could be good for class discussion, it also makes it incredibly easy for a student to see another student's response, then copy and paste it as their own. (This happened with myself and another student, as she was copying my responses.) In smaller classrooms, this may not be much of an issue as it will be easy to spot, but in larger class sizes it can be easy for teachers to not remember every student's exact answer, and give the cheater the credit.

Samuel
Samuel

Moodle is the best learning system out there

Reviewed on 28/08/2022

My experience using Moodle is good. Moodle allowed me to communicate with my instructor much more faster, finish exams much easier, and receive almost immediate feedback on my marks. The training resources are now much easier to access and use.

Pros

I have been using Moodle as a student for about six years, and it manages all of the lecture materials and online tests. It is straightforward and adaptable to use. You may search for assignments due dates, course calendars, forums, and more. Moodle's organization and ease of use are two of my favorite features. There is also a small calendar that lists the dates that particular courses' tasks are due. Another advantage of using this calendar is that it will take you directly to the assignment details, saving you the time and effort of scrolling and looking for the task that is due. Additionally, you may upload your document from your smartphone and edit your work up to a few minutes after you initially submit it, just in case, making the assignment submission process quick and easy. Similar to the submission site, the interactive Moodle discussion boards make it simple to read and assess your classmates' work and give you the chance to edit your feedback.

Cons

For a beginner, using Moodle is challenging. It is free software, but for a non-technical user, building and configuring it is challenging. I had to learn how to use all of its features and put them to good use, which took some time.

USMAN ZAFAR
USMAN ZAFAR

Best LMS Platform - Especially for School/Colleges

Reviewed on 20/05/2021

We are using Moodle for our college and we and our learners are happy on our platform. We can easily manage online courses and studies for our students. Our exams on Moodle LMS are very professional. We are providing quality education by using such a great functionality developed by Moodle team. Bonus point is that moodle is an open source platform. Again Thanks to Moodle team.

Pros

The world most open source and best LMS system. It comes with a lot of features and best for school and colleges especially it now helps our students during lockdown. Some of the most best features are:
1. Open Source: It means you're in full control of your data, you can do anything and any change to your LMS system to make it more suitable according to your needs and requirements.
2. Flexible learning: The LMS system has a built in flexible learning tools to measure and recognize progress for teachers as well as for learners.
3. Mobile Learning: It's very easy for students or learners to learn on mobile, moodle is mobile responsive. You can watch videos or any assignment easily.
4. Security and privacy: It's an open source software but moodle ensures full security and privacy.
5. Best for School and Colleges: It's best solution for school amd colleges, you can provide distance education to your learners, take exams online etc.

Cons

No Doubt Moodle is the best platform to manage online studies for learners. All the functionality is very professional and helpful amd easy to use. I recommend to include more functionality to the moodle LMS so that everyone can more easily access the dashboard of courses with more functionality and please add quiz types to engage and examine learners more effectively. Anyways you are doing great, I love the moodle LMS system. Moodle official team is great and they are doing great. Thanks

Laurence

Moodle Interface and File Management

Reviewed on 25/03/2023

Pros

What I liked most about Moodle was the flexibility and customization it offered. I could create courses and activities that suited my needs and preferences, and also manage them easily. Moodle also had a lot of features that were impactful for me, such as the quiz module, the gradebook, the forums, and the analytics. The product was easy to use and intuitive, and I did not have any major issues with integration with my existing business processes. Moodle helped me deliver quality online learning to my students and colleagues.

Cons

What I liked least about Moodle was the lack of customization options for the courses and the user interface. I felt that some features were missing or could be improved, such as the ability to create quizzes with different question types, to embed multimedia content in the lessons, and to track the progress and performance of the learners. I also found some aspects of the product difficult to use, such as the navigation menu, the gradebook, and the feedback system. Integration with my existing business processes was not too difficult, but it required some manual work and adjustments to make it compatible with Moodle.

Response from Moodle

Thank you for your review. We appreciate your feedback. At Moodle, we are constantly working on new ways to improve our solutions to deliver the best learning outcomes. Discover Moodle 4 's fresh and intuitive user experience. https://bit.ly/3bgVsDC Regards.

Wassim
  • Industry: Computer Networking
  • Company size: 501–1,000 Employees

Moodle: a time-tested LMS

Reviewed on 10/06/2023

Very positive experience. Prefer it over Blackboard in many features.

Very positive experience. Prefer it over Blackboard in many features.

Pros

The course management features from assignment management (due dates, late assignment tracking, plagiarism testing) to test management and grading tools.

Cons

The performance is sometimes lagging probably because of server contention that might not be related to the software platform itself. But still more evaluation and testing should be considered before assessing the source of the bottleneck.

Blackboard Learn

Reasons for Switching to Moodle

Time tested and more price efficient.

Response from Moodle

Thank you for your review. We appreciate your feedback. At Moodle, we are constantly working on new ways to improve our solutions to deliver the best learning outcomes. Discover Moodle 4 's fresh and intuitive user experience and capabilities. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SWB6xEOfG1k .

Regards, Moodle