Nitro

Kelsi
  • Industry: Veterinary

Best PDF Converter for your money

Reviewed on 14/10/2022

Pros

Converts PDFs easily into other forms of documents. It also has a great combine and extracts feature I haven't found on other converters.

Cons

Honestly, I can't think of a single con. I've used adobe before and this is 100x better

Eutimio

Nitro and its tools for PDF file manipulation

Reviewed on 03/03/2022

I used nitro in my first years of university replacing Adobe Acrobat Reader, I liked it very much for the ease of use it has, in addition to the tools it provides, however the greatest strength is in its pro edition that is totally worth investing to have a good software for the manipulation of pdf files.

Pros

Nitro consists of many tools apart from viewing PDF documents, conversion, annotation, editing, merging, splitting, file size reduction, all of which are useful tools that can be used without the need to use an external application.

Cons

Certain compatibility errors made it slow on some devices, like all paid software, in order to access the aforementioned tools you have to subscribe to the service. Therefore, the tools provided in a free plan are reduced but sufficient to work normally.

• Industry: Consumer Goods

Better price and Integrated

Reviewed on 12/10/2022

Overall, a better viewer, reader, and editor for pdf and documents with an easy one-click file conversion application. A secure and faster digital signature delivery platform for the user. It is much easier to deploy with a software center for an organization.

Pros

Provides better functional ability to create, view, and edit the document and pdf. It can be integrated with additional platforms like Matlab, and Creo to view drawings after creation. The most important feature is the digital or e-signature without printing on paper which allows multiple users to access and authenticate. Better UI working screen for a reasonable price.

Cons

New users from competitors will struggle to look for menus and tools to cope with the user interface. Nitro should add additional fonts to customize the application. It cannot copy the same font in the existing pdf for adding the text.

Lalao

A great software for your PDF needs!

Reviewed on 05/10/2022

Overall, Nitro is a great program for my PDF needs. I would definitely recommend it!

Pros

I'm going to talk about Nitro for PDF files, because that's what I use it for. I can already say that it has nothing to envy to other software of the same type.
It has a user-friendly interface that makes it easy to use. It is versatile so I can use it for many different purposes. It really offers a wide range of features that make it the ideal tool for PDF-related tasks like: creating, merging, converting different files into PDFs and vice versa, editing, protecting with passwords and permissions, filling out forms and more. In short, it is one of the indispensable tools for handling PDF files.

Cons

Just a small improvement in customer support, apart from that, I have nothing to complain about with this excellent software.

shonda

Nitro & Nitro Pro

Reviewed on 03/11/2022

My overall experience with Nitro is positive. It makes office life easier and less paperwork.

Pros

This software is great to use if you combind documents, convert documents or need a signature.

Cons

Sometimes it will not let you pull documents from certain folders to combined.

Deepu

Best software to use and format pdf files.

Reviewed on 14/11/2022

Pros

The easy user interface, and best formatting functionalities.

Cons

The trial period is too short. It would be better if the period is little more.

Tom

Good pverall PDF management software

Reviewed on 13/10/2022

Pros

The document mark-up features are excellent, great for sending out for review & commenting purposes

Cons

Can occasionally struggle to bind large size files e.g. PDF generated from DWG where layers have not been compressed.

Michelle

Nitro saves my life for personal and business!

Reviewed on 15/04/2021

We have documents and manuals that are hundreds of pages and Nitro makes it easy to open these manuals, change the things we need to change, add things at just one click and manipulate our outcome to be exactly what we need. I'm real impressed with Nitro and wish it would have came in my life years ago when I was struggling. I would resort to using online pdf converting tools and then would have to either pay or it just doesn't do what I need it to do. But since purchasing Nitro it gives me the ease to manipulate and change our files/manuals that have to updated yearly. There may be a 300 page manual that needs 2 things changed and Nitro makes it so easy to do. I love Nitro. I will definitely be purchasing it for my home personal use as well.

Pros

Nitro gives me the ease to navigate my pdf files where I can edit, convert, erase, make forms and maneuver around my pdf to delete or even copy pages of a lengthy document. To be able to edit a .pdf is where I see that Nitro is a step above the rest. It reads every aspect of my document line by line and I can edit, delete or even add words. Being able to edit a pdf file and make it look so much like the original is what I absolutely love! This program should have came in my life years ago because it is user friendly, easy to do things within the platform and the tools are easy to understand. I actually assisted a friend in a 100+ page document in minutes. There were dates and things that needed updating and Nitro made this so much easier for me with just a few clicks. I love Nitro!!! Jump on this software program, you won't be disappointed!

Cons

The only thing I can think of is sometimes when I am converting a file to word, if the file, for example has a line or colored box in the original pdf file, it will definitely read that but it makes if so difficult in Word to go through the file to delete all the "trash" that it converted. Now don't get me wrong that is what it is supposed to do when it converts a file, but it gets tiresome to find all the mistakes that it is supposed to convert. So this is just an user pet peeve. Sometimes it will also convert the text in different fonts, but that may be just a user error as well.

Donna
  • Industry: Management Consulting

Full featured, and available in a desktop version

Reviewed on 26/08/2020

I use this program when downloading reports, pages, etc. and then taking key parts out to use in customized reports for my clients. Also use to combine materials in several formats (jpeg, docx, xlsx, etc) into one document, or create PDFs from word docs that I don't want easily edited.

Pros

I am on my 4th version of Nitro since first purchasing it 8+ years ago as a cheaper alternative to Adobe Acrobat. I like the edit ability, ease of printing and creating PDF's and the ability to highlight text or insert comments into documents. Past versions had more tech issues, but whenever I have contacted support, they responded quickly and got the issues resolved. I like that it's not cloud-based, my preference is to purchase a software product and own it on my desktop, vs paying fees into infinity. I have not used some of the advanced features like OCR but works very well for being able to snapshot, add text or copy text.

Cons

The highlight feature is only in one color, and have to remember to turn off highlighting before switching to selecting text for copying or screenshots. The add text feature interface is a little clunky, it's hard to edit that text once you've typed it, sometimes easier to just delete and start over. Print to PDF not currently working with some sites in Firefox, so have resorted to using Microsoft Print to PDF free version and then having to go back and open from Nitro directly.

Emad
  • Industry: Machinery
  • Company size: 5,001-10,000 Employees

Nitro PDF is the best PDF processor in the market in my opinion

Reviewed on 14/11/2019

it's simply the most amazing and practical PDF processor you could ever want.

Pros

Part of my job requires reading and editing reports and other files in PDF formats extensively among many other things, I used to try many different PDF processors either paid or free but each of them had its fair share of issues that i couldn't live with, until i switched to Nitro pdf which is now by far my favorite goto pdf reader and processor,since then i never looked back, it made my life easier and increased my productivity, it excels large and by far in performance department, it's very light and doesn't consume too much of your machine resources which mean it can work easily with any machine without the need for any certain requirements, it's very efficient when it comes to multitasking and has a very nice feature of batch processing where it can process multiple files at the same time easily and quickly, it's packed with tons of features that you could use to edit your pdf, it's compatible with other programs and can export your files to other formats so it can work flawlessly with them with no problem. it's very easy to learn and use, it has a very user friendly interface that you will find very similar to other programs.

Cons

I would say that the cloud support isn't the best and it needs a little attention but that won't ruin the great overall user experience you get out of this program.

Soda PDF

Reasons for Choosing Nitro

very heavy and resource consuming, and has tons of restrictions that i didn't like.

Adobe Acrobat Reader

Reasons for Switching to Nitro

It was cheaper and on sale so i give it a shot.
Stacy
  • Industry: Events Services

PDF made easy

Reviewed on 27/09/2019

Our switch from Adobe to Nitro was painless. Nitro has all the same plugins, so even when using it with our mail program, it works flawlessly! Of course it has a browser plugin, so when opening PDF files online, it will open them in the browser.

Pros

Cost! Straight and simple, cost is the best thing about Nitro Software. It's only a fraction of the price of it's major competitor, Adobe Acrobat. We were using Adobe, but one of my team members recommended that we try Nitro, as a cost cutting measure. we switched two years ago and haven't looked back. Honestly we have the same functionality as we did with Adobe.

Cons

Nothing major as far a con goes, but I've had the software freeze a few times, but to be honest, Adobe did the same thing! It's never a big deal as it auto saves and you pick up where you left off.

Adobe Creative Cloud

Reasons for Choosing Nitro

Our switch was 100% due to cost. Why pay extra for something you can get at a fraction of the cost! We are a non-for-profit, so we need every penny we can get. The savings from this allowed us to have money in the budget for expenses!

Adobe Acrobat Reader

Reasons for Switching to Nitro

Nitro has the perfect business model. Don't overcharge for your products and you'll keep your customers. My team didn't even hardly notice the change from Adobe to Nitro, but our spending account sure did! Nitro has a quality product which you don't have to blow your whole budget on!
Racey

NitroPDF > Adobe Acrobat

Reviewed on 06/02/2018

Not paying Adobe their absurd licensing costs.

Pros

For the absurd cost I can't see why anyone would use Acrobat over Nitro PDF. Nitro PDF costs well less than half of what an Acrobat Pro license costs, and there is no super amazing functionality Acrobat has that Nitro doesn't that would justify spending your money with Adobe. Nitro is more than sufficient, and even their free PDF reader has more functionality than Adobe's to boot.

Additionally, at least from a corporate perspective, every time I ever contact Nitro for something like a licensing quote, a question, or even for technical support (essentially never needed) they were always ultra responsive and professional. I think about an hour or so is the longest they have ever taken to get back to me and I've been doing business with them for five years at this point.

Cons

The only con is a fairly minor one, is a bit of a technical issue, and the only reason I gave overall quality four stars. Sometimes when closing a PDF the Nitro process will get hung. The next time you attempt to open a PDF, nothing will happen.
You won't get an error or anything, but you'll double click the file and simply (seemingly) nothing happens. Well, in actuality another instance of the Nitro process launches, but the user visually sees nothing. If you run into this and go look at running processes you'll see an instance of the Nitro process running for every time you tried to open a PDF after it got hung up. The fix is to either manually kill all the processes or just have the user log out and log back in (which does the same thing). No need to restart the machine or anything, just need to kill those processes one way or another.

Having said that, I will tell you that I have run Nitro in my environment for more than 100 users for the last five+ years and would see someone have this problem maybe once a month. If you do the math on the number of PDFs being opened and worked on every day you would end up with an error rate of something absurd like .00001. Only an IT administrator or helpdesk tech would ever even be aware of such an issue and a home user will likely never run into this. It's also possible that they've corrected this is the most current version, I'm still using 9 Pro (had this issue in v8 also, current is v11 Pro).

Talha
  • Company size: 501-1,000 Employees

Easy way to create PDF and extract contents from PDF

Reviewed on 10/03/2021

Nitro is my one stop PDF solution. I use it extensively almost everyday and have purchased/installed it for our various teams. Since we moved from Adobe's Acrobat it has been a very smooth transition and people have found out scanning and PDF conversion very easy.

Pros

Combining multiple files to form a single PDF and ability to easily disintegrate PDF into multiple ones. The UI is lucid and doesn't occupy a lot of memory even if you are working on multiple PDFs.

Cons

OCR scanning comes with errors, extracting text from a file will have small errors. While you convert a PDF to MS Word file it will lose the formatting and you may need to reformat the file which is a bit of a hassle.

Hiran
  • Industry: Oil & Energy

Powerful PDF software to work in PDF software.

Reviewed on 01/03/2021

The essential PDF software gives full access to create or edit the document file loaded with features and functions.

Pros

It gives full power over editing the document file. The user interface is user friendly with many layouts of tools. The document converter option available to convert pdf document to word and excel. E signature option is available to make a process paperless. The user can insert an image to the pdf document file and also set image resolutions. The user can encrypt the file with the password. Transition in between the tabs is smooth and quick. The software theme is available in light mode and dark mode. This software is robust and secured. Annotating option help the user to annotate the required fields in the document.

Cons

The subscription plan needs to be more flexible. The customer support is pathetic they are late responsive and the resolution of the issue is also late. The Nitro PDF reader is a bit slow in transition when the user opened multiple files.

Matthew
  • Industry: Insurance

Nothing better for PDFs!

Reviewed on 17/10/2019

So many things are in PDF form, which poised quite an issue given the nature of Insurance and claims makes it imperative to have everything precisely documented. Before Nitro I had to hand type it all. For anyone who isn't adept at typing that can be quite a challenge when having to document the Terms & Conditions of an Insurance plan. Adobe always gave me problems with being able to select the text, while Nitro does it with ease.

Pros

Nitro's functionality is hands down better than Adobe when it comes to PDFs. It allows to quickly combine files, export to Word & Excel, extract specific pages quickly, is great at selecting text, etc. etc. For the cost it can't be beat!

Cons

The interface is crammed with a lot of tools and options, but not very intuitive. Get past the leaning curve though and you'll love it.

Majeed Mohammed

Nitro has never crashed on me, nor corrupted my documents

Reviewed on 29/07/2021

Nitro is the second pdf tool I have installed in my PC. And even though I rely on the other one for more sophisticated functions and better document security, I use Nitro for my most of my day to day pdf needs because it handles so easily and is very light weight.

Pros

Nitro is extremely easy to use. Finding authentic .apk files is very simple, even from third party sources. Installation is also very easy, and does not end up crowding up your drives with a clutter of installation files that could easily be hubs of malware. And when it comes to managing .pdf files, I never struggle to read, merge or convert files.

Cons

On a few occasions, I have had encrypted files open without requiring entry of passwords. I am not sure whether it was due to incomplete file encryption, or a program malfunction.

Mark Anthony

Organized, combined, convert your PDF files with Nitro

Reviewed on 08/08/2022

I used to work on my pdf files with Adobe Acrobat Reader before however, things changed when I discovered Nitro PDF. It's very easy to use, user-friendly interface and is very suitable for small businesses.
Meanwhile, Pro Edition has a lot to offer especially for big businesses which totally worth the investment. I really love using it, and I would continue to use it and recommend it to my friends.

Pros

Nitro PDF is really good in terms of viewing, editing, merging, splitting, converting, reducing file size, deleting unwanted pages, and adding signatures to your PDF documents which means that you don't need to use third-party or external applications. It's very simple, very light with very low storage requirements. I have no experienced hanging while working with Nitro PDF.

Cons

I had some little concern with the conversion of PDF to MS Word files. Sometimes, you will lose the formatting you set up and you have to do the formatting again. But it's not a big deal actually. I still love it.

Alejandro
  • Industry: Writing & Editing

The best second option

Reviewed on 27/11/2020

Nitro is an excellent choice if you work mainly with texts and documents. If your concern is just handling the PDF world, then this is your best option. It has a lot of compatibility and is a strong software.

Pros

Nitro Pro is a complete software for PDF’s. You can create PDFs from JPEGs, PNG, office documents or even other PDFs. The software is easy to use and has some nice add-ons like OCR, for scanned documents and annotation features. You wouldn't miss acrobat a bit. I actually prefer this software. It Is a standalone product, and you don't have to deal with subscriptions or other hassles like in adobe.

Cons

Sometimes the software is too bloated. My laptop can barely handle it. It has occasional freezing. So I rarely use it to read PDFs, I use nitro for its creation capabilities. To be fair I use a computer that is 5 years old. Otherwise, there is no problem with this software

Robert
  • Industry: Oil & Energy

Nitro PDF - Cost effective alternative to "BIG" PDF

Reviewed on 30/09/2021

Nitro PDF allowed us to equip entire departments that, in the past, would only purchase one or two subscription licenses from the other guys to manage costs.

Pros

Cost effectiveness was key. I have some users that had a pretty minimal requirements i.e. add/remove pages. but the other guys cost so much money to get just a basic level of function. Nitro presented a cost effective license for PDF editing.

Cons

The user interface was more clicks than would have been ideal. There are some functions such as page rotation that required additional clicks to rotate the entire document with no option to set that feature as the default setting. Training videos and help menu were very useful but typical users failed to investigate these without prompting from IT but when they did most issues were resolved quickly.

ABBYY FineReader PDF, DocuSign and Adobe Acrobat

Reasons for Choosing Nitro

Cost effective single instance license w/ support terms were more cost effective than annual subscription from Adobe.

Adobe Acrobat

Reasons for Switching to Nitro

Nitro was selected for cost effectiveness and available services including digital external signatures.
Wesley

Great for viewing and signing PDFs

Reviewed on 04/02/2021

I purchased a personal license for Nitro after trying out a few free PDF tools (usually requiring multiple different software solutions to handle different jobs like compiling or rearranging pages of a PDF and signing a document). Nitro has all of the features I regularly use and some that I don't use often, but really appreciate when I need them.

Pros

Nitro Pro checks all the boxes as a PDF viewer and document signer. The interface is intuitive and it seems to be much less CPU intensive compared to Adobe Acrobat and some other PDF tools that I tried while making my decision.

Cons

While I usually edit PDFs in GIMP or another program, there are some simple edits, like cutting and moving an image in a PDF, that are not easy to do in Nitro. However, Nitro does an excellent job converting text and images and their basic fillable form tools are really easy to use.

Santiago

Using pdf has never been so easy.

Reviewed on 18/01/2019

In the world of digital work, PDF documents come and go, in many opportunities, I receive information necessary to complete presentations but being in that format is difficult, that was before using Nitro, now I have the possibility of editing all the files that come to me in PDF format, as well as being able to create my own PDF files without limitations. The other benefit is the savings in my finances, applications or similar tools you get at higher prices than those offered by Nitro, so I highly recommend its implementation if you work in catalogs, reports, budgets, digital books, your memories, among others, Nitro's capabilities are lost sight of.

Pros

Of the things that I like most about Nitro, is that I can do multiple actions with the digital documents that come to me, or with those I believe. I can edit any content and offer it under the protection standards that I decide to put on it. Apart from the Nitro format, it adapts easily to any other system, another element that makes me feel when I use it. Another factor that has offered me that very few in the market can match, is the digital signature, thanks to that I have been able to transmit files with the support of my signature without being physically anywhere else, be it national or international, a very functional innovation. In addition, you can count on the support of the company in other areas such as the cloud, now imagine that so many other things you can do, I am very happy with everything that Nitro offers me.

Cons

I have been using their services for several years and I am pleasantly satisfied, I have not had problems since I decided to invest in their platform, but I think that it can improve the price offer for new and old customers, it is not a factor that determines my use or not, in my case does not apply, but for entrepreneurs who do not have the right time, it may be different.

Shikha
  • Industry: Staffing & Recruiting

Efficient, Smart and User Friendly

Reviewed on 20/03/2019

I have had a good experience with Nitro so far and since I use this software on daily basis, I can vouch that it is the best on the market right now for small to medium scale companies.

Pros

I am an HR professional and have been using this software for almost 4 years now. This is one of the best PDF editor software in the market.
As an HR professional, I work with documents all day and we need to edit documents every time as per the employee/client’s specifications. Nitro PDF makes it easier for me to edit the document. It also provides features like electronic signing, adding comments, erase the unwanted sentences, highlighting and many other interesting features.
You can change the font of the text and make it compatible as per the rest of the document. It also allows you to stamp, watermark and add images to the document. It even provides a feature to combine and extract pages from a file.
It is user-friendly application and works well on Windows and has an in-built spell check feature.

Cons

There are times when the software stops working in the middle of work and the only option left is to close the file and start over. This is very annoying and disrupt the work. Not sure how true this is but it does not work well with IOS.

Waleed
  • Company size: 1,001-5,000 Employees

A useful tool for everyone that simplifies the procedures for merging and modifying documents

Reviewed on 09/03/2022

Nitro saved so much time, effort and paper that in the past it was printed more than once without any value. With Nitro we were able to collaborate on reviews without using paper, combine reports and add comments into a single copy, and most importantly to me, saving us a great deal of time and effort doing this in multiple applications.

Pros

Using Nitro saves us from having to print a lot of unnecessary documents, which saves a lot of time and money. When it comes to digitally editing papers, Nitro provides all the tools you need, as we can easily mark up and save papers, contracts, and drawings in the format and font size we desire. Nitro is a valuable and indispensable tool when preparing contracts, copying bids, and merging reports in PDF format, so that we can easily share and attach them via email. Notes can be passed between departments with Nitro, which saves time and paper especially when each department works in charge of its own note-taking. An organized, prepared and signed digital copy is important to simplify the documentation and archiving processes for all types of documents.

Cons

There is no room to mention anything negative about Nitro, as it is a very easy to use tool and performs its functions very flexibly.

James
  • Industry: Civil Engineering

A Cost-Effective PDF Solution

Reviewed on 10/03/2022

I've been able to keep on top of all PDF exchanges and compiling efforts with Nitro, easily and efficiently, for large-scale engineering projects. It's an indispensable tool at a great price!

Pros

Nitro is a user-friendly PDF editor, compiler, and reviewer. It comes at the right cost to smaller businesses who don't necessarily need all the bells and whistles, and yet what it provides is very comparable to most high-tier and expensive PDF software.

Cons

There are some elements of the user-interface that can be a little tricky - for example, the scroll bar can become very small (almost to the point of being invisible!) for larger documents, but you always retain the easy option to jump around a document by page number or bookmarks.

• Industry: Hospitality

Free PDF Creator

Reviewed on 22/08/2019

I love the PrimoPDF software. I've been using it for years and it's very easy to use once you have it installed on your computer.

Pros

I use Nitro's PrimoPDF printer and it not only saves me the cost of the expensive Adobe PDF software, the PrimoPDF works very well. Once it is downloaded and installed on your computer, it automatically shows up in your printer pull down window. It's easy to create a PDF to send to my client.

Cons

When you download the software, be careful not to allow it to also install secondary software on your computer that can cause problems. I had to work hard to uninstall the other software that came with the PrimoPDF. So pay attention to make sure you check the box that says not to install anything else while downloading.