TeamSnap

Sports team, club & league management software & apps

4.4 /5 (118 reviews) Write a Review!
4.4
4.1
4.2
4.3
4.1
Brian H.

Software Works Customer Service Does NOT

Reviewed on 13/08/2020

The software does what it's supposed to do. However, if I would have read this review before investing money, and time in TeamSnap, I would consider other options. Because of that money and time I feel committed, STUCK! I don't have time to learn a new system, nor right now do I care to. I own my business. If I had their customer support I wouldn't have a business. They get away with it because I doubt very seriously if anyone uses their software full time, including their customer support. Most people using TeamSnap must have the time to read article after article or look at screenshots, oh by the way look absolutely nothing like my screen, or watch a video that's so out of date it makes you even more confused. In a day and age when you can get answers to questions almost instantly, it is infuriating to have to wait 7 to 10 hours to find out what box to check on a form you are creating so that it will function the way you want it to.

Pros

I like the idea of having a software that will integrate into our business that allows us to spend less time on administrative work and more focusing on building our brand

Cons

It's not the software, its the support! There is a learning curve implementing and setting up the software. AND if you find yourself needing support GOOD LUCK! There is NO phone number, but TeamSnap touts that as they are "providing a greater experience of the product " with personal tutorials and screen shots. BS! "LIVE" support is only available from 9am-1pm MT. (I wish I could work a 4hr Day! Someone has been reading too much Timothy Ferriss!) I use the word live sarcastically, Oh there is a button that says Live Chat, but the majority of the time when you need help and think your going to live chat with someone you get a message saying someone will get back to you within a few hours.

Likelihood to recommend: 0.0/10

League Administrator

Reviewed on 17/10/2018

This software has become a 'no brainer' for operations of our association. Managers are give access to their team accounts and the rest is history.

Pros

With the new features we have been able to use this software for our entire association. I use it to enter team development times and can ensure all parents have been notified with the features provided. I can monitor the teams and their activities. It has made the rostering of teams so easy and provide info to Hockey Canada all in one software.

Cons

There are additional fees associated with using the Invoicing feature.

Martin W.
Industry: Information Technology & Services
Company size: 1,001-5,000 Employees

Probably the best team sports management software....

Reviewed on 25/07/2017

Pros

Easy to use, does what most clubs need and saves significant time for both coaches and parents. My club have 40+ football (soccer) teams, which overs over 500+ players and teamsnap manages everything from registration, team and club communications, games and training and availability... and more. Great customer support also :)

Cons

No real cons... having the cloud version and app version make it easy to use and new features are continually rolling out... over the last two years of using this it has got better and better

Ramin S.

TeamSnap Review

Reviewed on 25/02/2020

Overall, the mobile and desktop functionality is what sold me on this tool and why I renew with them every year!

Pros

The fact that I get an awesome experience on both web and mobile! My players can use this on their phones just as easy as they can while they are at work to update game statuses, etc.

Cons

The email template for this template is not as friendly as I would like. Formatting is a bit raw and you cannot make emails look as presentable as I'd like.

Richard R.
Industry: Computer Software

Great product for Baseball

Reviewed on 04/01/2020

TeamSnap provided a great experience since it removed the need for a group text messages which can get messy if parents have different phones (IOS/Android). This way everything is in one spot and parent can update the availability which greatly reduced the need to reach out to the parents.

Pros

I love how parents can update their child's availability and how you can send parents messages without having to keep a group chat via text messages

Cons

I wish there was a one time fee instead of a monthly payment. The monthly fee is very small however it would be nice to have the option of an annual fee. The fee is to remove the ads from the app.

Chris S.
Industry: Sports

A good way to post schedules and keep everybody informed

Reviewed on 23/07/2019

Pros

For our travel ball team, we wanted a way for everybody to be able to easily see what is going on, where it is happening, and when exactly said events were taking place. We found it pretty straightforward being able to upload schedules, enter them manually, or perform other day to day operations. It also looks a lot better than me just writing it and posting a picture, and parents see it as a professional tool and definitely feel they are getting their money's worth.

Cons

It could be a little more user friendly in certain areas. When having to add some events manually, it would take me a very, very long time to get all of my information in.

Response from TeamSnap

Appreciate the feedback. We would love to hear more on how we could make the scheduling area easier. If you haven't already, please drop our support team a line with your specifics at https://helpme.teamsnap.com/

Vince B.

Coordinating events, games, practices with several people on a team is a snap!

Reviewed on 22/11/2017

Pros

The ability to send out mass communication to several different team members is huge. The ability to track scores for games and stats is a bonus as well.

Keith J.

Avoid

Reviewed on 18/08/2020

Terrible. Customer support is useless and condescending

Pros

After using TeamSnap for years, I upgraded to the organizational TeamSnap and purchased the Tournament Application. The package came with a hefty price tag of over eight hundred dollars.

What I was unaware of is it took hours of tutorials to learn how to operate the organization TeamSnap functionality. This, too, after I had already used the very simple TeamSnap for individual teams for years.

That's fine, the issue was eventually conquered, however it was just frustrating. My biggest complaint is the TeamSnap Tournaments application. It is actually very simple to set up and understand - however they are marketing and welling a product that is not fully built out. They do not tell you that they have very few bracket templates available to use when scheduling teams for tournaments. When I asked for additional templates, I was told that creating new brackets was "on the backburner" due to other projects. I am irate I paid a lot of money for their products and they do not supply simple functionality that many of their competitors offer. I am currently asking for a refund so I will update this review once I get a response

Cons

Not enough bracket templates. They created a tournament application that does not have basic needs for tournament organizers

Likelihood to recommend: 0.0/10

Jason J.

Great tool to keep track of team attendance!

Reviewed on 27/06/2018

Pros

The ability to track past and future attendance at team events is really excellent but the best feature is the fact the system sends automated reminders to team members on upcoming events which save me time. This function alone makes it worth getting.

Cons

Sometimes the application doesn't load quickly or sometimes freezes which makes it frustrating. And on occasion, switching between the schedule and roster tabs does the same thing.

Anton S.
Industry: Retail

Best Sports Team App

Reviewed on 15/04/2019

Pros

The ease when using this app is by far the best part. Can see all the different team schedules I play on whether its Hockey or Soccer. Super clean and neat. Love it

Cons

The only issue I have with this app is when you create a league, the app doesn't show you the league schedule only individual teams.

Response from TeamSnap

Drop us a line and we can talk about options for the league scheduling issue you mentioned. We probably can help you with that.

Whitney L.
Industry: Consumer Services

Great Team App

Reviewed on 19/09/2018

Pros

Love the ability to have the schedule as well as the ability for team members to opt in or out of the games. It also allows you to keep live score updates during games

Cons

only downside is that it is not that customize-able

Industry: Nonprofit Organization Management

Great for team management

Reviewed on 09/01/2019

Pros

Extremely intuitive UX/UI that made it easy to stay in touch with parents and players.

Cons

This is more of a parent issue, but I think the software could contribute to making better use of push notifications and reminders to get parents to fill out information in the app.

Response from TeamSnap

Good comments. We agree on the push notifications. We are looking into it.

Benoit V.
Industry: Security & Investigations

Great informer

Reviewed on 06/11/2019

Pleasant experience, all the parents in hockey team likes it.

Pros

Great product! Easy of use lepps my inform of the upcoming schedule, live chat during match, alerts from team manager, emai etc..

Cons

None for me i’ve using this program for 5 years and never encountered a problem. Sorry for those who did.

Becky S.
Industry: Mechanical or Industrial Engineering

TeamSnap Review

Reviewed on 28/11/2018

We use this for our team communication and scheduling.

Pros

This software is extremely easy to use for any team. It's easy to enter your information and easy to message the group.

Cons

I haven't found anything that I don't like about this software yet. We use it a lot.

Industry: Marketing & Advertising

Helps keep everyone on the same page

Reviewed on 11/06/2019

Pros

I like that it gives me the ability not only to blast out messages or updates to many people at once but also allows me to see exactly who is and isn't coming to the game or event.

Cons

I have nothing bad to say about it. Sometimes it freezes but that's it.

Dustin H.

TeamSnap for T-ball

Reviewed on 14/01/2020

Overall this worked great to communicate with our team and keep everyone updated with our schedule.

Pros

This software is great for helping to keep your team up to date on schedules and communicating with parents.

Cons

I would like the notifications when you receive a message from the group on the "chats" to be more persistent. It does notify you but if you do not check the app right away you can forget there was a message sent.

Industry: Insurance

What a Snap

Reviewed on 04/12/2018

A great management tool for your team communications and tracking

Pros

easy to use, team tracking and communications made very simple

Cons

Cannot get rid of old teams on my dashboard, have some that go back 5 years

Response from TeamSnap

We can help you get rid of the old teams. Drop us a line at https://helpme.teamsnap.com/ and we can help.

Adam L.
Industry: Management Consulting

Communicates schedules and availability

Reviewed on 22/09/2020

Overall took a lot of the pain out of scheduling logistics

Pros

IT's great to have the games schedule, location, and player availability all in one place and easily consumed at a glance

Cons

I found the communication piece (chat, messaging, emails) to be very confusing. It was tough to know which one you were sending and whether your message would be private or not

Industry: Financial Services

A great way to manage a sports team

Reviewed on 24/12/2018

Pros

It is very useful for sports teams. We can se the schedule and for every game/practice, the players and coaches can say if they will be present or not, which helps to know if call-ups are necessary.

Cons

It may be slow at times and it's not the best platform to share images.

Jackie P.
Industry: Real Estate

Keep life and sports organized!

Reviewed on 03/02/2019

Has made looking up team scheduled and getting updates so much easier.

Pros

Just recently started using this app as part of a sports team. Previously they would send out group text messages which was annoying. This app has streamlined the whole communication process and is on a very professionally looking platform.

Cons

Has lots of advertising on it so when you scroll through to get to the information you want can be distracting.

Chris L.
Company size: Self Employed

Great way to communicate with youth teams

Reviewed on 30/10/2018

It is a great way to organize team events and communicate with parents and teammates.

Pros

I love how easy it is to use to communicate with the team. I can send schedules of games, what color uniform to wear, practices, whatever I need to do.

Cons

It is a little difficult to add spouses of kids onto the team unless done through the team manager.

Alexander K.
Industry: Financial Services

Coach a Team? - Use This Software

Reviewed on 23/12/2020

After using this software for just a few months, each individual and family on our squad took part and enjoyed their working in the software. This is an invaluable piece of tech that every Coach should have and encourage folks to use.

Pros

Connectivity to teammates and families made easy with this software. Functional and adaptable to all types of activities.

Cons

There really is nothing NOT to like here. This software solves a time tested problem of staying in touch with teammates and their families. An excellent piece of software delivered in a seamless manner.

Kellie Y.

Great for team organization

Reviewed on 03/12/2020

The app has been a welcome tool in managing the team and team activities.

Pros

This application was chosen by our club team to streamline communication. Coaches can communicate with athletes, other coaches, with parents and with volunteers in private chats. We can also track practices and games, who will be attending each for planning purposes.

Cons

There might be a way to process but as of now, we only see possibility for one coach to make changes to schedule.

Roger N.
Company size: 1,001-5,000 Employees

Most popular, User friendly team management software.

Reviewed on 11/07/2017

TeamSnap made it easy to manage a team roster, inform the team of the game schedule, check attendance and communicate with the team.

Pros

TeamSnap is easy to set up and use. It makes it easy to communicate with parents on your team via email or text. You can schedule games, check attendance, track payments, post team photos, and email the entire roster from your email account.

Cons

Cost. Free version is very 'stripped'. Paid version is excellent, but you have to pay per team, and there is no discount for subsequent years, multiple years or additional teams. Cannot roster on and off players for different seasons/tournaments.

Jim D.
Industry: Information Technology & Services

Lines of communication

Used Other for 2+ years
Reviewed on 22/02/2019

I loved the fact that you can share the schedule and update/changes to the schedule are real-time and you can choose who to send notifications to.
I like the fact that you can send notifications using text or email.

Pros

Executive summary:
-Easy of use: 4 stars
-User interface: 3.5 starts(learning curve)
-Payment: 5 stars easy to upgrade/downgrade on the fly
-Inviting others: 5 stars. Ability to invite and join your group/club: easy(it shows who is online/offline)
-Support: 5 stars
-Functionality: 5 stars
-Web page integration: 5 stars
-Security: 5 stars

Cons

-I wanted to only notifications at specific intervals, example every other week. I was not able to do that in the version I was using. It's either at specific days ahead of the due date or none at all.
I would like to be able to send bi-weekly or once a month.