Write a Review!
Eliminate manual data entry from accounting.

4.3/5

Martin
Martin
  • Used for 2+ years

AutoEntry Support

Reviewed on 09/07/2020

Overall all good.

Overall all good.

Pros

As the IT Manager I don't personally use the software very much myself but I do setup client companies and talk client users through setting up the app. Not once have I had any clients come back to us saying anything bad about the system or requiring assistance in using.

The online chat staff are very knowledgeable and helpful if any assistance is needed.

Cons

Sometimes when processing bank statements to get them into Excel format for non-integrated clients it can appear to take a while to process. Having said that, it would take a lot longer if we were to try and do the same using OCR software so not all bad!

• Industry: Accounting

An excellent time saving tool, a must for all bookkeepers and accountants

Reviewed on 01/12/2017

Pros

Will OCR sales and purchase invoices and bank statements

Easy to understand the interface and get going

Clients love the simplicity of it, as there is nothing for them to do but take a pic on their phone.

Cons

Could do with some further development to start to be able to process email text invoices.

We have to manually send their invoices back to their system for processing, surely this could be automated?

Ken

Time saving promisses, time wasting results

Reviewed on 17/08/2022

I have been using AutoEntry for over 2 years hoping that the longer I used it the easier it would be to use. This is not the case. It is a rare occurrence when I can go through a short stack of processed invoices without having to open up support chat and request help or a complete reprocessing of a document. Correcting small discrepancies is a clunky process that requires moving your hands back and forth from the keyboard to the mouse several times for each line. Occasionally a document is so poorly processed that the data is fabricated to manipulate the numbers and force a balanced transaction. It would seem that documents are run through OCR with human assistance. For what ever reason this combination produces a grab bag of unpredictable results and it seems to be getting worse over the last few months. I was hoping AutoEntry would save me time but I it has done exactly the opposite.

Pros

Once I correct the regular invoice inaccuracies in the user interface AutoEntry exports to QuickBooks Online well. Product mapping is easy when it works.

Cons

About 2 out of 3 invoices with line items processed have some level of inaccuracy. There is an "automatically post" option that I would NEVER turn on if you care about having accurate data, cost centers, or inventory.

Chris
Chris
  • Industry: Transportation/Trucking/Railroad

Reviewed on 15/02/2021

Moving to AutoEntry at the start of the first lockdown and WFH has enabled me to continue to process supplier invoices a lot easier than the previous manual processing in the office.

Pros

Removes manual processing of supplier invoices, reduces errors, easy to use across our 3 sites and accessing processed invoices is simple and finally, as all invoices are stored in the cloud, reduces the need for office space to store invoices.

Cons

The supplier statement portal is basic, i think more thought needs given to this area to improve functionality

Alexander
Alexander

Professional's Product Of Choice For Sobell Rhodes LLP

Reviewed on 30/11/2017

Pros

- AutoEntry is easy to setup and use.
- Our staff required very little initial training to get going.
- Our clients love saving time and money with less data entry.
- Excellent 3rd party integration options.

Cons

- The support can sometimes be very delayed and unresponsive.
- Although individual uploads are relatively inexpensive, costs can be blind and rack up quickly if you do not make use of the statements and billing features.
- Processing times can vary between 2-5 hours and you will not know in advance exactly how long it will take.

David

Part of a rane of tools to remove the routine tasks

Reviewed on 01/08/2017

Pros

I really like the way clients can email supplier invoices to a separate address, then I get a notification and after quick review they are posted direct to accounting software (Sage in my case but works with most.

I first used the product when it was a bank reconciliation tools but it has developed so much now and has helped me save time which I can better use on other activities to benefit my clients.

Cons

Setting up a new client is not intuitive, a wizard based system may be better to ensure no steps are missed.

Shirley
Shirley

Really usefull app that works for many of my client's businesses

Reviewed on 30/11/2017

Pros

East to send documents - works brilliantly with Xero.
Easy for clients and their staff and for me and other bookkeepers in the practice to all use.

Cons

The webchat feature for assistance is not great and there isn't a direct "contact support" button which would make contacting support really easy.

Katriona
Katriona
  • Used Monthly for 1+ year

A real time saver

Reviewed on 30/11/2017

Pros

I like the pricing structure, in that you are paying for what you use and not per client. I also like the fact that AE will scan in bank statements - I have clients who won't use bank feeds or allow me access to their accounts to import statements - Paper is still the way for them!!

Cons

The one thing I would like from Auto Entry is the ability to forward client emails with invoice attachments or if the client has scanned and emailed an invoice to me. I have to print off the attachment or the scanned in invoice, scan it again and then email on to auto entry, no time saving here.

An Auto Entry App would be great so that I or the client could capture the image of the document and send straight to Auto Entry (See Datamolino App)

Mark
Mark

Good way to filter Bank and CC Statements

Reviewed on 30/11/2017

Pros

Bank Balance reconciled to Excel and analysis can be filtered for quick work. Havent used the invoice checker yet but i know a lot do

Cons

A little slow with the having to wait for upload. A little expansive at 60c per bank page! keep running out of credit and have to add!

Stephan
Stephan

Excellent expense capturing ssytem

Reviewed on 14/09/2021

Quick and efficient data capturing.

Quick and efficient data capturing.

Pros

The ease of use. Just take out your phone, open the app, take a photo and submit. Then the invoice is on the system ready to be approved and to be imported into the accounting system.

Cons

Sometimes the synchronizing with the accounting system is not working and had to be reset.

Karen

Brilliant

Reviewed on 05/11/2020

Have been using Autoentry for about six years and now work much more accurately and efficiently. Find it very easy to use and the support is always very good when issues arise. Took on additional clients as a result of the time savings gained

Pros

Easy to use and teach clients
Integrates smoothly with the other I use

Cons

Has most desired features Easy to use Doesnt always integrate well with Sage desktop

Dext Prepare and Datamolino

Reasons for Switching to AutoEntry

Price did what I needed at the time
Scott

Revolutionised the delivery of our bookkeeping function.

Reviewed on 26/04/2017

Pros

Paying for credits, rather than a set monthly subscription.
We initially used Autoentry for our clients who did not use online banking to create csv bank statements, to allow us to on board them on to Xero. This in itself is an amazingly helpful function.
We have now expanded our use of this to include the sales and purchase invoice processing. The ability to identify individual line items is a great tool, for those suppliers clients use for different purchase types.
We now use Autoentry in conjunction with Xero as a document processing function.

Cons

Sometimes there can be small rounding issues with invoices when Xero is calculating the VAT on the invoice.

Saves Time

Reviewed on 29/11/2022

As an accounting professional, I use AutoEntry specifically for clean-ups and for clients that have bank accounts that don't connect directly to the accounting software. It cuts the hours that it takes to enter a large volume of transactions to a fraction of what it would be otherwise. It's also very affordable. I like that I can subscribe to a certain amount of credits each month or I can purchase just the amount that I need.

Pros

I'm able to take a stack of bank statements and upload them all very quickly and then come back in an hour or so and it's all ready to download in a csv that I can then upload directly to the accounting software. This makes it easy to add everything to the accounting software and saves me so much time.

Cons

Nothing, I love this software for the specific purpose that it serves and I can't think of anything that I would add or change.

Hiten

Huge time saver on entry and reduced purchase invoice duplication and errors

Reviewed on 11/08/2020

Overall, hugely improved the supplier invoice process, easy to use.
Resolved duplicate invoices...

Overall, hugely improved the supplier invoice process, easy to use.
Resolved duplicate invoices being entered and saved the company time and money.
Massive time saver on employee expenses entry as each individual submits their own expense and is easy to check and approve.

Pros

Integration with sage was seamless, setting up myself was a doddle and customer service is great as issues get resolved quickly. Huge time saver as we no longer have to use sage batches and also didn't need to have a separate screen to view the PDF invoices on entry as it's all in one screen on autoentry. One of the best features is viewing the invoice directly on sage using the onedrive link. Before this, we had to search the supplier repository on the server. It also helped reduce errors as it detects duplicates, autodetects the supplier and has a learning feature too.

Cons

Can be slow at times and if not used for a few days, the service needs to be restarted. This results in invoices getting stuck until the service is refreshed, however as long as it's used constantly this can be avoided.

Claire
  • Industry: Transportation/Trucking/Railroad

Great - when it works. Poor customer service

Reviewed on 15/06/2022

Will vote with my subscription - looking for an alternative as we speak

Will vote with my subscription - looking for an alternative as we speak

Pros

When it works its great.
Saves time when it works.
My issue is that it only works 50% of the time

Cons

We have problems monthly which is costly and time consuming as invoices are either not processed or they do not integrate. Customer service do not offer any real help. Visited their stand at Accountex to complain and was assured someone would contact me - still waiting for that call!

• Industry: Accounting

Good, but could do with improvement

Reviewed on 01/12/2017

Pros

Once it has learned where things need to be posted it can make very quick work of posting invoices. Also is very accurate with bank statements (taking pdf and creating a csv from it).

Cons

Very slow upload times, connection from AutoEntry to Quickbooks can sometimes cause differences in what what entered in Auto Entry, if it can't read a bank statement there is no notification it simply just doesn't appear.

Brendan

Still having issues with the App

Reviewed on 16/01/2019

There is an issue with load receipts via the App. There’s are never processed on the app even if they have been which means you have a screen full of processing receipts / invoices. All customer support can suggest is to delete and reinstall the app. It’s been on going for months.

Pros

Quick and easy to upload receipts and invoices.

Cons

No customer support. No help at all If you have an problem

Elena
Elena

A life saver

Reviewed on 13/12/2017

Pros

This app is simply brilliant, not only it allows me to reduce massively the amount of time I have to spent doing data entry, unlike the previous app of this kind that could only process purchases and expenses Auto entry also process sales and more importantly Bank Statements.
User friendly and very accurate their AI is very well tuned in even recognizing different scenarios for the same supplier and suggesting entries accordingly.
A perfect way to cut down on time consuming tasks and use the time for more important aspects of bookkeeping and accounting

Cons

I find turnover time to sometimes take a bit too long so that means I have to plan ahead when to process the information and that makes the app not as useful if you have a last minute job landing on your desk

Karen

No free trial offered

Reviewed on 01/03/2022

100% negative

100% negative

Pros

Auto entry was not able to work with inventory or departmental accounting.

Cons

I have several businesses with different needs and I was never offered a free trial, however, when I finally accepted the sales call, they would not let me off the call until my card was processed for payment. Then when I tried the system and it did not work for my customers, I am still waiting for my credit. I expected immediate upload of documents, however that is not the case. Training is a week apart.

Response from Sage

Hi,

Thank you for taking the time to review. We would love to discuss this in more detail. Please email me directly or go to the blue chat bubble on the bottom right of the screen and ask for an account manager. I would be more than happy to discuss this

Haresh
Haresh
  • Industry: Accounting

Excellent, easy to use software, massive help to the business.

Reviewed on 01/08/2017

Pros

It is a very simple to use. I would go as far as to say you don't even need the training webinar! But do watch it as I only use AutoEntry for bank statements conversion. A lot of our clients send their bank statements in a pdf format but with AutoEntry we can convert these into CSV files in less than a day! We then upload them onto our accounting software which is much quicker than entering every transaction. I would recommend this to everyone.

Cons

Pages that are not bank statements are charged to remove. This is not a big issue but monthly bank statements usually have a cover page at the beginning and a fines page at the end. Over time this will accumulate. Maybe this charge can be removed in the future.

Josh
  • Industry: Import & Export

Reviewed on 28/06/2022

Pros

The ease of use of the software is great and along with its inegration with Xero this makes AutoEntry a key piece of software for our business.

Cons

There is very little not to like about the software - there are occasional issues with the data transfer and having to reconnect to Xero but this doesnt happen often.

Amit
Amit
  • Industry: Staffing & Recruiting

Dependable product

Reviewed on 29/06/2022

Pros

E-mail forwarding of invoices makes it easy to operate this on the go. Also, the fact that it remembers what you previously categorised a similar invoice as, saves time over the long term.

Cons

The expenses feature is slightly convoluted. Still haven't been able to fully understand that.

Am I missing something?

Reviewed on 30/03/2021

I use spreadsheets and bridging software for most client needs. Keeps it simple, and avoids the client getting in a pickle with double entry packages such as QuickBooks or Xero. No disrespect to those products at all, but they are not needed for most of my client base. All I wanted AutoEntry to do was take the scanned purchase invoices and create a spreadsheet that showed supplier name, invoice date, the net/VAT/gross split and the cost category. It can do it, but it takes twice as long as just battering through a bundle of invoices at your desk. There are too many steps, too many forced processes. Given that I tried it with a couple of pub clients, who had a tiny volume of invoices due to lockdown, I'm genuinely stumped as to how it would have coped once the trade resumes properly. Customer support was good, the product is not.

Pros

Not much, other than the fact that it stores the image of the invoice, so it can be referred to if needed once the originals have been filed away or returned to the client.

Cons

It's clunky, non-intuitive and just reinforces my scepticism about systems that claim to be some kind of Holy Grail for accountants.

Zyaad
  • Industry: Accounting

AutoEntry brings efficiency to clients' bookkeeping

Reviewed on 09/06/2018

Pros

Having to spend less time coding and manually inputting invoices into accounting system and its machine learning capability.

Cons

Sometimes during busy periods, it can take a little longer for the system to process the uploaded information. I believe this is an area where some improvements are required.

Ahmed
  • Industry: Accounting

Take the drudgery out of the data

Reviewed on 22/12/2022

Pros

Spend less time entering data and chasing documents. It is smooth and automatic in use. It also works on smart analysis in the basic details of the work, including the supplier and tax account. It also works to improve time with customers, as it makes you spend less time in accessing accurate data

Cons

It often happens that there are duplicate items on an invoice