Learning Stream Reviews

Learning Stream

Flexible, full-feature online registration and management

4.6/5 (69 reviews)
Brad H.

Easy to use software that meets my needs

Reviewed on 14/05/2018

Pros

The software is easy and natural to use and, for the most part, the features meet my current needs. I have experienced very little issues with bugs or down-time. Cloud-based, so I can use it wherever I am. The cost fits more in-line with my budget (no per registrant fees) than other software I have looked at. Doesn't have a million features (that I, at least, don't need) that can just confuse things. Support is timely and helpful.

Cons

I wish there were more options to customize how the registration page looks visually (looks just a bit "amateurish" compared to cvent and others); more options to customize statements (specifically statement when using [StatementMain]; a more streamlined/efficient way to do group registrations (in my experience, users find the current way confusing and too much work). Would also like the option to customize the credit card receipt that is sent to customers and have the ability to turn that off (i.e. just have the statement that shows the payment). Would like the ability to share a link with registration information with others. Less important, but worth mentioning, is the File Library, which I feel needs a major overhaul as far as how files are managed.

Laura H.

Smooth yet robust registration

Used Weekly for 1+ year
Reviewed on 25/06/2019

With Learning Stream, our online learners can register for multiple courses in a single transaction, in advance, with no support. Our small staff can easily monitor registration activity, automate messaging and certificate creation and distribution, and report on financials and enrollments. Learning Stream helps us better support our learners by making registration smooth and robust. And Learning Stream's willingness to integrate with other systems extends the efficiencies to our CRM (Salesforce) and LMS (Canvas). The support team trained us well and continues to provide timely assistance when we think of new needs.

Pros

Learning Stream helps us meet the registration needs for our online learners while providing robust administrative reporting. It's as easy for us to see who's in our classes, how they found out about us, and how much they paid as it is for them to sign up for multiple courses in one transaction, use a discount code, and receive a message that prepares them to go to class. Implementation was a smooth path, thanks to their terrific support team.

Cons

We haven't yet found quite the right solution for some of the more complex discounted registration needs that could arise. Learning Stream offers many options for discounting, and it takes awhile to test them and determine the best combination for the use case. The support team, though, provides clear instructions and best practices based on their experience with many clients.

Elizabeth C.

Learning Stream is great!

Reviewed on 27/06/2019

We needed a registration software the could track all of our participants and give us a more robust reporting system. Learning Stream as been a step in the right direction that also allows us to have a little more user friendly UI.

Pros

This software and the Learning Stream team are wonderful! While all new software takes some time to learn Susie was immensely helpful during our transition phase. The software was adaptable for our use and we were able to set up and use quickly!

Cons

A challenging piece of the software was the amount of clicking required to complete tasks. Sometimes the steps were not intuitive and we referred to Susie's help menu quite regularly.

Judi D.

It grows with you!

Reviewed on 22/02/2017

We started out small, using Learning Stream as a convenience for customers wanting to register on line (before the internet was an everyday necessity. As we have needed to grow and add classes, change focus, restructure offerings, and provide superior customer service - what Learning Stream has made available has grown with us. Newer features keep coming that even add to what options we have. But most important we have been impressed with their outstanding customer support - real people getting back to you quickly, with real solutions.

Pros

ease of use, and superior customer support

Cons

Sometimes hard to figure out how to make certain features work in our environment.

Lynne M.

The software is great and Customer Support Amazing!

Reviewed on 10/01/2019

My overall experience has been great- especially the customer service! Leslie is AMAZING! The moments when I get stuck or may have designed an event wrong- she has been one phone call or one email away. She is eager to help and REALLY patient. I'm not tech savvy or a guru at all, so having Leslie and the other team members to help me really means so much to me! Everyone at Learning Stream has been amazing!

Pros

I love how user-friendly it is. I love how each event dashboard provides you with "alerts" so you are confident that you created the registration for your event correctly. I enjoy sharing reports with internal and external stakeholders about registration numbers and event trends.

Cons

I really like the software. I can't wait until badge scanners are available -this will help with my large events.

Karen D.

Great experience!

Reviewed on 26/06/2019

Wonderful experience working with their entire team!

Pros

Our agency has used Learning Stream for many years and the customer service is wonderful. They are incredibly helpful with any type of situation and helping you. The system is customizable to meet your needs and offers evaluations, group specials, discounts, a multitude of different reports to run from financials to database report for each user.

Cons

There wasn't much not to like, there were feature I would have like to have added for ease of use by the registrants, but it might have just been confusing for them.

Kimberly G.

ABCSignUP 287 Conference Center

Reviewed on 22/10/2012

I highly recommend the software as it has increased our productivity an effectiveness. I wish our scheduling software was a robust~
Kim Green

Pros

ABCSignUP is very robust in its broad application of uses. Our school district continues to use the system in a variety of ways beyond registration management for better efficiency and effectiveness for data tracking, credit card transactions and evaluations. We have found the customer service to be exceptional; Ron Smith has been responsive, and creative in our problem solving questions.

Cons

I appreciate the help page, Ron's assistance, but I suspect there are a number of ways we could be utilizing ABCSIgnUP in more ways. It's a matter of not knowing what you don't know. I was introduced to ABC after the implementation period, so in the beginning I wished there was a class we could take to learn all the features of ABC. Now, I've become more self-taught, and Ron helps me think through the challenges that I can't figure out.

Response from ABC Signup

Thank you for the feedback, the kind ratings, and most of all, your business. We do offer one of the most complete registration management systems on the market. Without question, it offers more functionality than any one customer will ever use, but functionality that as a whole meets all of our customers¿ needs. We¿re stepping up our efforts to help users learn everything they can about its capabilities by supplementing our initial training sessions and monthly new user seminars with tips in our newsletter and blogs and a series of video tutorials. We will continue to try to do better to help all of our customers get the most out of our software.

Scott T.

ABC Sign Up - Our Partner In Success

Reviewed on 17/09/2015

Daytona State College was already committed to purchasing ABC Sign Up when I was hired as the Training Coordinator. I must admit that I was a little skeptical that a tool with such a reasonable price point was going to be comprehensive enough to handle the diversity of application we needed. I started to leverage the tool's capabilities as I established myself in my new position and quickly learned that this was going to be a tremendous asset to me as a training professional and to the college community as a whole. As the complexity of how I used it evolved, I never ceased to be amazed that ABC Sign Up could handle just about everything I threw at it. It was almost as if we had a customized tool without the associated cost and effort! The interface of ABC Sign Up is very intuitive and easy to learn. As an Administrator, setting up the registration process, the creation and scheduling of learning events and evaluating learning effectiveness is at my fingertips. Many processes that were previously so time consuming are now automated. Without question, it has elevated our impact and effectiveness and is an indespensible part of demonstrating our value-add to the college. I would be remiss if I didn't recognize the exemplary customer service I receive from Leslie Stum. She considers herself to be my partner in success and has continually demonstrated the utmost professionalism. I would not hesitate to recommend ABC Sign Up to any organization, regardless of size or business focus. It has exceeded my expectations in terms of both functionality and customer support.

Response from ABC Signup

Thank you for the comments and the support. Here at ABC Signup we strive to provide software solutions from simple to complex, backed by the best customer service and support team.

Powerful and flexible with an easy to use interface

Reviewed on 10/05/2018

Pros

Probably the support! The software is great and performs exactly as anticipated, but support has been outstanding. They take the opportunity to teach and don't just answer the question.

Cons

Have had some glitches with response times, but we are power users and probably push the system. Also, think there were some growing pains, but even when this occurred, support addressed issue.

Rosalyn D.

Learning Stream is a great value! Support is top notch!

Reviewed on 22/02/2017

I'm a new customer with Learning Stream. The support team has been phenomenal by providing assistance with new event structure, website appearance, reference material and general hand holding. I am pleased with the product and my audience finds it simple to register for workshops and events.

Pros

The support team is excellent. Event duplication is a real time saver.

Cons

The registration interface is a bit troublesome for registrants when using the Cart feature. The registrant has too many steps to follow to register for an event. Default notifications copy into a new event, but not the evaluation form. The text editor should be improved. Name badge options should be expanded to reflect most labels on the market.

Alexandria D.

Excellent company, easy to work with, fantastic customer service!

Reviewed on 14/11/2017

Pros

I love that the software very user friendly, and thinks ahead of me. Seems like I am always finding new exciting features. So glad we went with this software, money well spent!

Cons

I really can't think of any software issues. The only problem that I have come across is that I am on the West coast and ABC is on the East coast, so if issues arise in the afternoon here, I have to wait till the next business day to talk to customer service.

Dana D.

Review of Learning Stream

Reviewed on 10/01/2019

My overall experience with Learning Stream has always been excellent. The Learning Stream team is always helpful and available.

Pros

What I like most about this software is its ease, functionality, customer service.

Cons

The amount of time it takes to input one event.

Tiffanie R.

I have been very pleased with this software and the wonderful support of the staff!

Reviewed on 10/05/2018

Being able to go to online registration for our classes has been a huge satisfier.

Pros

It is very easy to use. Susie Isham is always very quick to respond and always super helpful even when I have asked her the same thing before. Our department is very pleased with the software

Cons

Not really cons, but there are some features that I would like to see added or enhanced in the future to meet our needs.

Keith R.

Learning Stream

Reviewed on 27/06/2019

we needed some customization for our business purposes and the LS team accommodated all our needs. We have been having very good results since the launch and having great reviews from our customers.

Pros

Very Robust feature offering, intuitive layout , and the ability to customize.

Cons

navigation for end users registering for classes, the back button can unknowingly result in strange errors occasionally.

Excellent and Affordable Registration Solution

Reviewed on 27/06/2019

Pros

Ability to properly register, track and accept funds for continuing education students. Very easy to create new courses/events.

Cons

I don't have many complaints. Perhaps they could update the training/help videos.

Taylor D.

Quick, Easy, Enjoyable, Little Stress, Helpful

Reviewed on 13/11/2017

Simplicity, professional and clean look.
Helpful and friendly help at a click of a button.

Pros

The ease of adding courses, simple registration process, attendance report, sign in sheet printable, certificates printable, online survey sent, professional looking registration page, professional e-mails.

Cons

Discount set up ( we use buy 1 get 1 free or buy 1 get a certain percent off), adding multiple dates when setting up a course (it is just not needed in our line of work)

Diane W.

A great, inexpensive resource for schools.

Reviewed on 14/05/2018

Quick, easy access to information

Pros

The ease of which I can take a registration list, make nametags, sign in guests and do an evaluation.

Cons

Only one sign on per organization! This makes it difficult if you have two programs going at one time and want to sign in participants. You knock each user off.

Vinny A.

The Harvey School

Reviewed on 14/07/2016

ABC Sign Up is user-friendly and it met our camp registration needs. But even better than the software is the staff. They are helpful, accommodating, friendly, knowledgable - I can certainly go on - Working with them has been a pleasure - They always help and when we call, they are always attentive

Pros

The reporting options and the flexibility in creating events -

Cons

We addressed some of the limitations of the software with the staff and they are working to help us expand its use - We really appreciate Ron and Leslie

Rebecca R.

Learning Stream has been a great fit for our agency; exceptional customer service!

Reviewed on 10/05/2018

As a non profit agency this software provides a low cost solution to online purchasing of our low cost training.

Pros

Learning Stream's flexibility is by far one of its biggest pros. We have been thrilled with the mobile responsiveness as many of our clients don't have any other access.

Cons

Due to the amount of flexibility within the program it can be a little difficult to learn initially but their customer service by far makes up for it!

Nidia F.

Good Registration software

Reviewed on 30/04/2018
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

Pros

What I like more about ABC Signup is the fact that you can customize the registration forms and the event pages according to the necessity of your client and the reports of the activities for management.

Cons

What I don't like is that the Automated messages system does not always work well. I have come clients that never got my messages.

7.0/10
Jason L.

Best Solution for Public Libraries

Reviewed on 13/11/2018

Fantastic. Great product and support staff. Always responsive and available to work with me.

Pros

After months of searching for a robust registration solution for a public library, we were thrilled to find Learning Stream. It not only met all of our needs, but it exceed our expectations in every way. Learning Stream provided an answer or feature to every registration issue and scenario my staff could dream up. There are many registration software solutions for public libraries, but none were as flexible and comprehensive.

Cons

Even though this software was not designed with a public library in mind, the remote authentication and rich API access made all the difference.

Anne C.

CUNA Mutual review

Reviewed on 20/03/2017

We had a great experience from the start talking with customer support representative. He took time to understand what we wanted and how we would use the system and ensured we were getting what we needed. To help us with training and set up was Leslie. As I started the building of the system for what we needed, I contacted her and she was always available. She still is as we are adding additional functions to our system. What's great is how Learning Stream appreciates feedback so if a suggestion for improvement or addition can be made to their system, they work to see if it's feasible to add as a feature to the system. They want to ensure the customer is receiving what they need. Great tool. Once set up, it was a 'set it and forget it' system. Easy to add additional courses and great for the reporting we require. Besides the consultation with representative, what sold me was the connection to WebEx so we could track attendance. What keeps customers are the relationships built, and working with customer support representatives have been a pleasure.

Donald C.

Solid program even if a little pricey

Reviewed on 11/06/2018
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

Pros

For it's price it's a great system that can provide top notch registration services for your company if you're unable to scale on your own.

Cons

Not too many - some issues with automated messages not going through properly but otherwise a very good program.

Rachel S.

Helpful Customer representative!

Reviewed on 23/02/2017

ABC has been a wonderful option for our CE program. Customer representative has been incredibly helpful if I ever have any questions. There are many areas for improvement within the software.

Pros

The software is reasonably affordable.

Cons

The financial aspect of the software needs to be reevaluated along with the overall flow of setting up events. There are too many areas to visit to accomplish one task

Response from ABC Signup

We appreciate the input. We're always looking at ways to make the software easier to use, no matter the uniqueness of the situation.

6.0/10
Debra H.

I find Learning Stream excellent

Reviewed on 26/08/2015

The Pros
Learning Stream is easy to utilize, anyone with basic database experience will be able to transition into using its features with comfort. When I experience trouble have a predicament or run into an unknown issue I have always been able to resolve any problem with Learning Stream customer service department. (Mainly Leslie Stum) The staff has always been extremely helpful, give detail directions and assistance. I have found them to be patience and respectful. I feel I can always contact them and will be able to get answers or assistance in a timely manner. Not only are they knowledgeable, they are professional, efficient and respectful.

The cons
I would like to be able to format sign-in sheets and name tags. The software does not allow users to manipulate the appearance of the sign-in sheet. (I.e. font size number of lines per page...)

Overall, I would highly recommend Learning Stream.