Showing 148 reviews of 138

Rosy

Cloud-based salon and spa scheduling & management software

4.7 /5 (138 reviews) Write a Review!

Showing 148 reviews of 138
Joe C.

Switching from Shortcuts to Rosy was the BEST DECISION EVER!

Reviewed on 05/12/2016

I am a consultant that puts companies into the cloud. My client had a different software when I started consulting for them a few years ago. We struggled with it for 2 more years, and they had it a few years before I came on board. In my work experience, I was a UI designer and application developer of online apps for Autodesk, which is the 2nd largest software company in the world, so I know my stuff. The other software was in my option one of the worst, hacked together, poorly engineered PC apps with lousy online functionality and mediocre support. My client and I had talked about changing to a new platform and migrating to a new service. I did an extensive analysis of the top 20 salon apps. I kept coming back to Rosy. We had 2 or 3 phone calls with them about migrating and I was pleasantly surprised. Their staff was nice, expertly knowledgeable, located in the US, prompt, basically everything we could ask for. We signed up for service and it only took us about a week and we were able to make the do setup, migrate all our data, implement the workflows, test everything and get all the staff fully trained in one online session. It was like a miracle. It was smooth, incredibly easy and I could not have been happier. Now my client has been using Rosy for almost a year now. It's amazing! They never call me with problems. They rarely have support questions but when they do, they call Rosy because the support is so good. Personally, I don't want my client's competition to know about Rosy, but I think every salon should use it. It's fantastic! Thanks, Rosy!!!

Pros

Everything! It is not over engineered. It does exactly what it is supposed to. It has great features for clients to schedule and manage appointments online and through text messages. It has CRM, Reports and all the major and minor features necessary to run a successful salon and not have to focus on the software. It seamlessly integrates into the daily workflow.

Cons

The Email Builder for the CRM needs to mature a bit more, but overall it works great for someone with knowledge of how to build emails. It's just not a job for someone with little or no CRM experience. I can see that it will get better, and you could always use MailChimp or other CRM service for sending Campaign style emails if that is what your salon does. Rosy handles all the automated emails quite well once they have been setup. Mobile functionality is important so be prepared to test your messages on a mobile device. It all works great, it just takes some know-how or you have to call support and let them help. Or you can have a consultant like me help you.

Mark S.
  • Industry: Consumer Services

Great software that continues to evolve!

Reviewed on 23/02/2017

I know that switching salon software is scary. I kept putting it off because it seemed overwhelming.
I had been researching for 2 years. Some had the features I wanted, but the monthly cost was high. On top of that, they had per text costs on top of that. I would be paying for some of the software offerings. Fortunately, I found reviews on Rosy that were good, and I checked out their website. It seemed too good to be true. I could get their top package. I met John Bertorelli at the Long Beach Hair show. He was running a demo, using his phone as a hot spot. Not only was it quick, but it seemed easy to use. He was great about answering all my questions. I became obsessed over the next 5 months with wanting to switch, but the software I was using was Mac only, and I could not export any data. I felt like I was being held hostage. The only data I could extract, was my Client list. The thought of inputting all of my inventory by hand seemed to be too much. finally I called support team and asked if they found a way to get the data out of my other software. He said not yet, but he had an idea. He said that if I could get my product companies to send me spread sheets with SKU, name, prices, and sizes, I could cut and paste them into a template, and he could transfer it into the system. You get a 30 day trial, and that seemed like enough time to get set up to go live with the switch. I'm so glad that I took the plunge. They are constantly adding more functionality, and features. When I started, The texts were limited to a 24 hour appointment reminder, and confirmations were done by email. Now confirmations are done by both text and email, and we now have over 80% of our confirmations done by the system, freeing my front desk staff to attend to our guests. They listen to input suggestions, and update frequently. Could not be happier with my choice.

Pros

Ease of use, and frequent updates!

Cons

I wish you could have pop up alerts for client notes. It used to have them, but they switched to having the notes show up in the upper left side of the screen, and often get unnoticed. Maybe have the red circle for the notification blink to catch the eye.

Derek H.

Hands Down the Best Salon Software available!!!!

Reviewed on 21/02/2017

Our company has a huge number of clients that are salon owners using software. I can tell you that we see 3 to 4 software companies that are in most salons because they are market leaders. Our salon and spa business education systems rely on software that can get the job done. With that being said, we have become extremely excited over one platform which is constantly evolving and becoming our go to for our clients. We now recommend converting to this software to all of our clients. Now the golden question you ask is, Ok which one is it?

Our number 1 pick is Rosy Salon and Spa

Here is why we chose this software.

While many softwares have great features, we find they are lacking in other areas and Rosy Salon and Spa seems to have it all in a very affordable price. Here is a list of features that we love.

1. First cloud based software and we never have outage issues

2. Free text and email confirmations. Most of the others charge for this

3. Works on all devices, Apple, PC, iPad, tablet, phone Etc.

4. Built in marketing suite, no more need to pay extra for demandforce or some other add on companies marketing platform

5. Online Client Scheduling the best we have ever used; it has increased our online scheduling by 37%

6. Facebook Integration- this feature has been huge for us

7. Inventory Controls- automatic inventory ordering, no more counting bottles on the shelves

8. Mobile Web App- This is better than an app as it works on all devices and is free, it allows clients to book, check their accounts and shop all from the phone or tablet.

9. Reporting Engine- all the reports you need without the confusion

10. Product Reservations- clients can reserve products to buy when they get there and the system makes suggestions based on their service and when they should be out of their product.

11. Point of Sale with credit card integration

12. Booth Renter Management- this is a huge feature as they are the first to allow you to have multiple renters with their own account all tied in to your front desk. This will keep you legal with the IRS and independent contractor laws.

13. Memberships- This feature allows you to set up recurring memberships like a Gym and have the payments automatically sent to your salon and spa.

14. Is five star rated on the most trusted software evaluation site Top Salon Software for 2016 | Reviews to Find Software

• Industry: Cosmetics

Rosy software is so easy to use, just about anyone could figure it put.

Reviewed on 12/07/2020

it has been great. easy to get used to using everyday.

Pros

Rosy would work well for a small salon and also fora large one. its easy to add employees and to adjust all of their service menus according to what they offer specifically . lots of customization options but still easy to use!

Cons

Several windows popping up when clicking on clients name to check in , for every person. it would be nice if it would close when you click around it or if the window was smaller.

Karyn B.

Awesome product!

Reviewed on 18/04/2017

Oh my goodness! This software rocks and has pretty much everything I need for my business. It is intuitive, easy to use and look at, you don't get nickel and dime for every extra, the extra marketing package is well worth the money (great client feedback, especially regarding text reminders), and customer support is always helpful.
The only two cons I've run into, and have mentioned to the support team, are that you have to print out a separate receipt and hand it to your customers to fill in the tip amount (which I feel is presumptuous and rude) and then print another for them to sign. In an industry that often, but not always involves gratuity, that just seems rather pressuring. The other is that there is no option to build in check out/cleanup time with appointments. There is a processing time option, but no way to add cleanup time without your clients thinking that their 60 min facial is now 75 minutes, like what their reminders tell them. Those are the only two downfalls I've found to date, but I can work around those issues until they are fixed.
I highly recommend Rosy! I don't have to log on and off every time I want to use the system, have it running on iPads and Macs and PC's with no issues or delays in processing or loading, and can also have clients securely store their cc info for future bookings, phone orders, and cancellation fees. I love Rosy!

Pros

Everything! Easy to use, easy to program, easy to run from multiple devices in multiple locations, never have an issue signing on, POS system rocks. My life has been made so much easier with Rosy!

Cons

Not a fan of handing clients a tip worksheet and then a separate receipt to sign for credit card payments, no way to build in cleanup/checkout times into services. Otherwise, that's it.

Carolen G.

Amazing Scheduler for my salon

Reviewed on 21/02/2017

I've used this service for about 6-7 years now and I have never even considered switching to anything else. They continually update the software to make it better and more easily functional.
Any time I have had any little hiccups with the system they are QUICK to get back to me and help right it.

I wouldn't waste my time with any other service just get this one... the best in the industry!

Pros

Ease and functionality
Constant updating of software on the back end

Serve based so I can get to my schedule from ANYWHERE

Cons

N/a

Jacob A.

Fifth time's the charm!

Reviewed on 05/03/2017

Took us a few failed attempts with other salon software "solutions" before we stumbled upon Rosy, but we're glad we arrived finally. Rosy is reliable, simple to implement and use, and makes payroll and accounting a breeze. It lacks some of the more advanced features which Shortcuts, Super Salon, and others boast, but I'll trade those in a heartbeat for the ease-of-use and reliability of Rosy. Keep it up Rosy!

Pros

Ease-of-use. Simple to get set up (implementation). Simple, straightforward reporting.

Cons

inability to custom tailor some of the commission tracking. Lacks some more advanced reporting

Kim L.

better improvements

Reviewed on 23/02/2017

Rosy Definitely moving in a better direction in the mobile apps. Need improvement in report separation and would like a more state of the art change to the credit card processing. At least more streamlined and quicker.

Pros

Ease of use and cost.

Cons

report options for refined information and checkout a little slow due to what seems like extra steps

Crystal C.

Makes my life so much easier

Reviewed on 07/10/2017

Pros

When people want to schedule something with me at the most random times I can check my schedule right then and there without having to get back to them another day. Some people get impatient and just go somewhere else, it's even worse when they come to me afterwards and I have to fix a bad dye job or haircut. And if something comes up last minute I can check my appointments and contact my clients to reschedule.

Alisha H.

Rosy is the best!

Reviewed on 21/02/2017

Salon Fusion started using Rosy about 18 months ago. We had tried 2 other programs before switching. Rosy is by far the simplest and most effective program for our salon! The customer service is top notch!

Pros

It is so easy to use and offers all the reports we need.

Cons

It glitches from time to time.

Brandon T.

Rosy is Red Rosy is Blue I am sure Rosy will be just right for YOU!

Reviewed on 21/02/2017

Been using rosy for my salon and spa now for just over a year and hands down the best software for the price. Love there innovation.

Pros

Innovative and easy to use and train on.

Hillary G.

Rosy Salon and Spa review

Reviewed on 06/08/2018

I would defiantly recommend this software to any salon professionals. I would have loved to have had the option of paying a one time fee to have my rep. brought to Florida to be there during the first days of the salon opening to go over any issues and learning curve. She was so amazing I feel she should get a free trip for all of her patience and knowledge about this product!

Pros

I was introduced to this software by my rep . She took an incredible amount of time to train me how on how to set up my system and how to use it. It was user friendly but I needed her help. The 24 hour helpline was amazing as well .

Cons

I really cannot day anything negative about it.

Mindy H.

Great software, easy to use

Reviewed on 21/02/2017

This software was really easy to set up and get it going. It is very intuitive for use by receptionists. Provides us with the reporting we need to motivate stylist, communicate with customers and track profitability.

Pros

Easy set up

Cons

Online booking isn't quite as user friendly as we would like

Manda G.

Love love love rosy!!!

Reviewed on 21/02/2017

I love everything about rosy! I've been using rosy for a year now and there's nothing about it that is not pleasing to me. Ease of use plus how easy it is to contact customer support with any questions makes this the best software out there for the business.

Silas S.

Rosy Salon & Spa - Helpful Salon Software at Affordable Price

Reviewed on 11/07/2016

Our experience with Rosy has been great. It needs to improve a couple of features that we need that have been suggested to the customer service representative.

Pros

The greatest point is how customer service representative (Rachel Lechner) has been so kind and helpful. We have overlooked the things we miss because we've been provided excellent customer service with Rachel.

Cons

I wouldn't say that I like it the least in any aspect, but it would help us greatly if our suggestions were included.

Shira C.

Great choice!

Reviewed on 22/02/2017

I have enjoyed this booking software for more than five years. It's easy to use. Easy online booking. Makes running a salon a breeze.

Adrianne M.

Great software

Reviewed on 23/02/2017

I found Rosy for a spa I worked at years ago. The service is great, easy to navigate and functional. I now use it in my spa! The customer service is always accessible and very effective in answering any questions.

Pros

Updates are automatic. Does financial book keeping and saves me from needing more expensive software.

Cons

Not every function as accessible through mobile feature.

Haley D.
  • Industry: Luxury Goods & Jewelry

Rosy

Reviewed on 14/04/2020

It was good for what I needed at the time but I wish it had more flexibility and options for ease of every day processes.

Pros

I liked the ability to book multiple appointments and the scheduler set up.

Cons

It was hard to make changes to the services for a large group and made simple tasks more complicated than they should have been.

Brad H.

Easy, clean interface, no data worries

Reviewed on 15/02/2016

We have been thoroughly satisfied with Rosy. I've used several other salon software programs and Rosy is by far the easiest to learn, while maintaining robust features. It takes about 10 minutes to feel comfortable with it and they have made some great improvements while we've been using it. It's also nice not to have to worry about data backups or hosting a server. The pricing feels very fair and we have loved the automated appt reminders and text message reminders. Clients have also reported that the online booking portal is easier to use than our last software provider. We are very happy overall!

Erica P.

Loving Rosy!

Reviewed on 22/02/2017

We switched from Mindbody (great product, but too rich for our blood). We are saving a TON of money and are able to take advantage of so many features! Not to mention, I finally convinced my mom/coworker to switch from the dreaded paper scheduling! If it weren't so easy, I wouldn't have been able to convince her! Thanks so much Rosy!

Cricket L.

Easy to work with

Reviewed on 17/10/2017

Pros

Being able to have it on the stylist phones and text message reminder appointments. The Format it is easier to use and user friendly

Cons

Did not transfer appointments that I had in my old software and I had to create all new services for each stylist

Cat C.

Waxcraft Waxing Parlor loves. Rosy!!!

Reviewed on 16/07/2014

We having using rosy for 4 years now! The online booking is easy to navigate , and , clients love it!
We are very busy, and aren't able to answers phones sometimes, and clients are simply directed to book online ! I love the entire program, from online booking, email and text confirmations and service logs!
John B. Is my customer service tech, and has always provided excellent service!!! I highly recommend rosy!

Cat Coakley LE / owner Waxcraft Waxing Parlor

Cortne M.

Rosy Review

Reviewed on 21/02/2017

Rosy salon software saves me a lot of time and money. The email confirmations are extremely helpful & ease of reports are good for the accountant. I just have a few minor issues. Deleting clients would be great for decluttering and using duplicate emails for clients from the same family. I highly recommend this to all my friends in the industry