Lever

4.2/5
4.6/5
4.6/5

Morgane

Amazing user experience from end to end with Lever !

Reviewed on 10/03/2020

Saving time on everything from applications review to interviews feedbacks, including sourcing and nurturing !

Pros

I really enjoyed discovering the Nurture feature that helps me save a lot of time. The team collaboration on hiring is really smooth thanks to Lever from reviewing sourced profiles and applications to completing interviews feedbacks. Using Lever really ease the implementation of new collaborative hiring process within GitBook.

My experience with Lever is the first user experience I ever had that encourages me to recommend a product being 100% confident ! I enjoyed every step of my experience with Lever from the very 1st call discovering the product with [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN], all the way to the amazing on-boarding led by [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] until being an actual power user of Lever.

Cons

There is not much things I didn't like about Lever. If I would think of one, it would be the grey UI that is not really appealing and sometimes the UX such as having to go back on settings part to update a template but those doesn't reduce the great user experience one should have using Lever.

Reasons for Choosing Lever

Missing a feature regarding sourcing and nurturing

Workable
Jessica

Lever is such a user-friendly tool and a huge improvement for us!

Reviewed on 03/05/2022

We weren't able to successfully build a robust database previously. Lever allows you to do that in an organized way. Also, the metrics/reporting capabilities even within the enhanced package is far superior to those I've used previously.

Pros

I love the UI/UX of Lever. It's super user-friendly and easy to figure out overall. Lots of capabilities we didn't have before. Compared to the solutions I've used before (JazzHR and BreezyHR for smaller businesses), it's like night and day. SO much better.

Cons

There are some features that are missing/need to be improved. They aren't dealbreakers, though. For instance, you can't manually update job posting dates. Also, the site doesn't have many partnerships with free job boards allowing you to automatically push out postings to them. It's integrated with LinkedIn and has a recent integration with Indeed as well, but that's it. If you want postings on other job boards, you have to manually do it, which is a decent amount of work.

Reasons for Choosing Lever

BreezyHR was lacking in functionality for a globally dispersed recruitment team at a high growth company.

Breezy

Reasons for Switching to Lever

Better sales experience and better interface

Strong UX

Reviewed on 21/10/2022

Pros

The user experience with Lever was much higher than that of most ATSs that I've used. My favorite functions included:- reminding interviewers to submit feedback- being notified when an interviewer submitted feedback- being able to see when the candidate's next interview was scheduled- the notes section on a candidate profile for those one-off conversations with candidates or when discussing with a hiring manage- Being able to tag someone in the notes- Resume review was quick and painless

Cons

I would have liked to automate workflows more. Example: If I move a candidate to interview completed, then I would like to automatically trigger an interview follow-up email.Docusign integration never worked properly for offer letters.

Sarah

underwhelmed

Reviewed on 20/09/2022

As a hiring manager I am not a huge fan. I think for the recruiting team it is a good program to keep all of their tasks organized

Pros

You are able to merge applications for a person when they have applied for more than one position

Cons

Trying to set up an interview through the program is frustrating and when clicking on a position if you have to unclick the previous position. It is a little cumbersome

Karen
  • Industry: Hospitality

New rollouts

Reviewed on 16/03/2020

Lever used to be a great program with lots of features, they just ruined it with the new roll out.

Pros

At the moment nothing is good about this software

Cons

Merging had been disabled. We can no longer join new and old profiles into one profile.
New and existing profiles - we are no longer notified if a candidate may be a duplicate. Have you ever spoken with a candidate only to find out that they where not a good fit before?
Emails do not sync properly - Gmail will not be delivered if sent through Lever. We have found that we must copy and paste the email template to Outlook in order for the recipient to even receive the email. This has been going on for almost year.
Emails Part 2 - Entire threads of email conversations do not appear in Lever. They are missing so again we have to cut & paste entire conversations to place in the profile.
INDEED Candidates - These candidates must be forwarded into Lever. The same process we have done for 3 yrs, now all of a sudden are forwarding a separate entry of blank information which now must be deleted. It turns out that if you have an image in your signature on your email that is what creates the blank entry. SO if you have a logo, Facebook, Instagram, Twitter logo expect a blank entry. Customer Service told us we were doing it wrong. No their rollout was the most stupid thing we have ever worked with.
Different pipeline stages for different jobs makes no sense. You have 1 profile, you can have many jobs associated with that profile, you can have many hiring mangers for that 1 profile, they do not need to be all over the place.

Anthony
  • Industry: Renewables & Environment
  • Company size: 501-1,000 Employees

Great ATS for getting things done as a Recruiter!

Reviewed on 18/10/2022

Overall Lever matches Greenhouse as my two favorite ATS. Very similar in format. I think Lever is a little more bland, but has a better UI for candidates, which makes Lever slightly more practical in my opinion. I highly recommend Lever and think this is a great system to use for Recruiting, HR or CRM needs.

Pros

The parsing of the resume is outstanding! I'm a big fan of ease of use and the canddiate pipeline breakdown is the best I have seen. Creating interviews takes a little getting used to, but is very straight forward once you get the hang of it. Archiving candidates is easy as well.

Cons

The biggest negative I have detected is if you swap a candidate from one job to another and they already have a forthcoming interview set, it will NOT transfer the interview. It transfers the resume, critical info, etc. but not that. I learned that the hard way and highly recommend fixing that for users.

Cinthia

Best ATS Ever!!

Reviewed on 26/01/2022

The team has been amazing! Since the 1st contact, demos, implementation, everything has been great!

Pros

The integrations with LinkedIn, HackerRank, Fetcher, Slack are amazing!

Cons

Please give us Hiring Manager Satisfaction Surveys and improve the automation feature!!

Zoho Recruit, SmartRecruiters, Avature and Greenhouse

Better trearment

Reasons for Switching to Lever

The functions, integrations, talent intelligence module, and all the support provided by their team :)
Paul
  • Company size: 1,001-5,000 Employees

A simple candidate experience tied to a robust and data rich back office engine

Reviewed on 09/07/2020

I would recommend Lever over every other product I have used in the past, including products built by Payroll providers ADP, Paylocity and Paycom. More flexible, easier to use and more client intuitive

Pros

Easy to Deploy. Great staff to work with us

Cons

Price is always an issue with Not For Profit, but our time savings has been worth it

Kenneth

One of the Best ATSes out there

Reviewed on 04/03/2020

Solving the entire Talent Acquisition cycle with the tool to improve efficiency, candidate experience and reduce cost of sourcing

Pros

Extremely easy to use and integrated with the GSuite makes this product super easy to use.

Cons

Any form of changes or customisation to your existing process needs are sometimes covered as a new feature with a cost

Naukri RMS and Oracle Taleo Cloud

Reasons for Switching to Lever

Better value for money and simply the best features
Joakim
  • Industry: Security & Investigations

Lever Review

Reviewed on 14/11/2022

Fantastic, easy to use and great benefits by using this.

Pros

It's very easy to use and I really enjoy using this for hiring. It helps us to save time and money!

Cons

Nothing right now, I cant come up with anything to be honest. It covers all the needs i have when im using it-

Easy to use, but pricing is not very transparent

Reviewed on 02/11/2022

Pros

It’s easy to use, has some great native ats features, such as resume parsing.

Cons

Reports could be way better. Pricing is not transparent and your renewals will be painful.

Cristina

Intuitive and on-point

Reviewed on 16/05/2022

Pros

- Intuitive and easy to use by all stakeholders
- Wide array of integrations and smart in-built features
- Exceptional implementation & support team - really know how to translate an org's needs into features that can be leveraged(thank you, [SENSITIVE CONTENT]!)
- For recruitment teams whose work is heavily dependent on sourcing, the Lever Chrome extension is gold!
- A true collaborative platform

Cons

- Access names are a bit confusing, but it does help to clarify them to stakeholders from the start
- Would love a more granular approach to location, since LinkedIn doesn't recognize a : "<Country>, Remote" format

BambooHR
Maria
  • Industry: Logistics & Supply Chain
  • Company size: 501-1,000 Employees

Great tool to support with hiring in a scale-up phase

Reviewed on 25/07/2021

My company is going through an exciting scale-up stage and to support the company with hiring efforts we decided to modernize our recruitment stack.
Implementing Lever was very easy across the whole organisation - the implementation specialist - [SENSITIVE CONTENT] - offered top-notch support during the whole implementation journey and the migration of candidate data from our previous ATS went seamless.
Since adoption, the hiring team saved lots of time in sourcing and gathering the interview feedbacks, as it allowed us to automate several critical tasks.

Pros

Lever has all of the features we were looking for - an easy to set up careers page, configurable roles and permissions, feedback forms, communication templates, customizable steps in the interview process, scheduling, referrals, internal applications management and a very powerful customizable analytics dashboard.
And above all, it has a game-changing Nurture feature that Lever is the only ATS I'm aware of offers that allow the team to engage candidates at scale through personalized email campaigns.

Cons

Not a big issue, however worth mentioning:
i)my previous ATS had a mobile app I used on a daily basis - Lever doesn't have one
ii) there's no local support in Europe which leads to either asynchronous communication per email or meetings that can take place late afternoon only.
iii) impossible to upload a picture (of the hiring team for example) to the job ad, something that was possible with my previous ATS

Reasons for Choosing Lever

We were looking into getting a more powerful ATS to support sourcing efforts - Lever was the only ATS we spoke with who offered the Nurture feature very valuable to us since close to 40% of our hiring requires reaching out to passive candidates.

Workable

Nurture feature
Michaela

Smart ATS + CRM tool

Reviewed on 31/03/2021

We went through the implementation led by [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] and that was superb. Overall the customer care is strong and I like the product.

There are several features that Lever should work on so it fits better organizations of a larger scale (1000+) as some of the workflows are just not granular enough.

Pros

- sourcing part
- integrations with other systems
- the system is smart so it is limiting mistakes
- reporting is strong (as the system does not allow many mistakes)

Cons

GDPR options are very simple, we need them more advanced as a EU based company
user roles - too simple for us, again we would need to have them more granular
email/interview templates - it would be great if these could be preset based on the interview name/type - it would save a lot of time to search through templates
department/team set up - as this affects the entire system and automation it is very hard to set it up correctly, as we are an organization of larger scale, it is just not enough granular for us
job offer approval set up - again not granular enough for us

SmartRecruiters and Greenhouse

Reasons for Choosing Lever

Jobvite did not allow keeping Job postings and requisitions separate The interface was quite old-fashioned and some tasks took way too many clicks to do Jobvite was very rigid when we needed to make any changes from the standard

Jobvite

Reasons for Switching to Lever

Lever was better fitting our business needs - strong CRM + ATS that helps with clear reporting
Aaron

Game-changing ATS for either Agency or Corporate Recruitment

Reviewed on 07/06/2019

I've been using Lever for nearly 11 months at two different companies - initially as a super-user, and most recently had the pleasure of implementing it from scratch at the latest organization I'm consulting to. While the full version of the software mostly works while browsing using tablets, support has indicated that they only support Windows or Mac platforms. I have used most features at ease on iOS on an iPad Pro 10", and 12.9" - but certain key features fail, and responsiveness lags despite it being about 80% workable.

The sales process was consistently professional and personable. At no point did I ever feel pressure from anyone in the sales organization to make a quick decision on the product as it suited their month or quarter end targets - which spoke to their interest in securing long-term clients.

The thoroughness in the implementation process, train-the-trainer, and direct support in hiring manager training further assisted greatly in increasing user adoption. This wasn't just a one-off sale for them, but a long-term partnership - and am grateful to have been able to work with such a superb ATS software vendor from the selection process through post-implementation.

I have and will continue to recommend them unreservedly in the future.

Pros

Intuitive workflows whether an expert or notice on the system.
User adoption is high due to terrific UI/UX.
Responsive technical support.
Implementation leads that really care about the success of the implementation.
Feature development and road-mapping that is responsive to end-users.

Cons

Lack of calendar synchronization and room availability support for enterprise users not fully on G-Suite or Office 365.
Lack of SMS integration.
Lack of consistent bug resolution follow-through.
Lack of full support for non-desktop/laptop browsers, ie: Chrome on iOS on a 10" or 12.9" iPad Pro.

Reasons for Switching to Lever

Lever was the most collaborative when it came to finding a long-term solution that worked for the organization, and not for their sales pipeline and end-of-month or end-of-quarter targets. The fact that they are on the West Coast and offer support hours that align with our business was also a big win. The company's intuitive design in UI/UX, 3rd party integrations, and overall ease-of-use put them well ahead of the competition. I was further pleased to see the release of new feature sets in very short periods of time.
Heather
  • Industry: Telecommunications

Data driven and dedicated

Reviewed on 28/02/2018

Pros

We have used Lever for over 2 years, rolled out in countries across and globe and trained hundreds of hiring managers to use the system for feedback and reviewing applications. We initially chose Lever for its data and analytics, which have allowed us to automate reports and KPIs for teams in all our markets. The system is user friendly, and tools like Lever Nurture and Recommendations can help recruitment teams to find and attract more talent.

Perhaps the best thing about choosing Lever is the team behind it. The system itself has rolled out many new features (requisitions, approval flows, restricting access to view sensitive information) after carefully considering feedback and suggestions, which are critical for scaling and management for large orgs. The support team is incredibly responsive to any issue and the product team is open to feedback and as transparent as possible about upcoming changes.

The customer success team really goes above and beyond to understand and work through client concerns and helps to find innovative solutions to most issues. If you choose Lever and are lucky enough to work with rep - you've struck gold. I don't think I've worked with someone more focused on client satisfaction, able to make tough discussions enjoyable, and who really advocates for his clients.

Cons

While Lever is growing rapidly and adopting more large global clients, there still seems to be a dominance of focus on US tech startups - for example in the Partner Integrations or in offer templates (multiple options for equity and vesting options) but complex package structures can require significant customisations, which can require additional work for enterprise clients.

The biggest hurdle to adopting Lever as a global enterprise solution has been concerns around data privacy of candidates and employees as it stores all data only on servers in the US. From a security standpoint, this is worrying, has made it harder to get buy in to roll out in other markets, and delayed several implementations. If you want to consider candidates outside the US, particularly in Europe and Emerging markets, it means significantly more time and checks with Legal, Compliance, and Security departments. There is also the fair concern that non US candidates may be discouraged from sharing their data if wary of surveillance and privacy rights - which are major concerns and considerations in other markets. Investing in data centres in locations that focus on protecting data privacy would make it easier (and safer) to roll out and use as a true enterprise tool.

Mike

Smooth, easy, and frustration free

Reviewed on 25/01/2018

I used Lever for years at RedOwl (but was not involved in the implementation) and implemented it here at Cybrary. It has had an immediate positive impact. I have recommended it to friends in the past from a user's perspective and now that I've gone through deploying/implementing it, I only feel that much stronger and more positive about your product and recommending it.

Pros

Having the implementation plan and scheduled checkins with cust support has helped a lot in getting me to focus on the right things at the right time. Lever does a great job at striking the balance between "highly configurable" and ready to use out of the box: most of what we need is pre-configured properly (making deployment easy) and the fact that most things are configurable/customizable is great (making it easier to tweak those things where we need to deviate from "norm").

Cust support rep was great and answered many questions that went beyond Lever features/functions/configurations. I enjoyed working with him and he was very helpful -- as the VP of Engineering, "HR" isn't exactly my wheelhouse. He took into account our specific needs and suggested best practices that took into account other considerations (e.g. legal).

Cons

As you are aware, it would be great if EasyBook was more of a global feature. It would be great if a coworker could use the links and email templates I configured. Also I wish schedules could be modified by the people being scheduled rather than just by the owner of the link. Finally, consider treating "Tentative" or "Maybe" as Accepted/Busy on calendars (or making that more configurable); there have been a couple of race conditions on scheduling phone screens: Developer is invited to a planning meeting but has not yet accepted and then gets booked for a conflicting phone screen.

Archive reasons should have long descriptions/reminder text/instructions in the app. For example, we "stole" Lever's "Wrong Motivations" archive reason but I'm sure that folks are not clear on what that means and when to use it. It would be great to have reminders/instructions in-app to help folks pick the best one.

Jake
  • Industry: Primary/Secondary Education

Intuitive, Effective, Innovative.

Reviewed on 30/12/2017

Bottom line: In my opinion, Lever is the best ATS out there. Beats its competitors by at least a mile. Keep up the great work!

Pros

- Scheduling interviews have never been easier for our Talent Team. Our conference rooms are linked to Lever so we can do everything without checking Google Calendar!
- Easy to use interface. Every tab, page, and profile is very user-friendly, with the recruiter/hiring manager in mind.
- Sending candidates a link to schedule their phone interview cuts down on the back and forth.
- Communication between approvers, hiring managers and interviewing team is ridiculously easy that even my mom can use Lever.
- Automatic job posting to external job boards. Super easy to use for niche job boards as well!
- The referral system is super easy for folks who don't use Lever on a daily basis.
- Customizable application per posting. SUPER easy. I love this feature.
- Reports are very easy to pull and read.
- Recruiters have control over who they involve in the hiring process. Before when we didn't have Lever, all hiring managers had access to every single job posting and its applicants in front of them. Now, we assign them to specific jobs they own. They can't see anything else.
- Lever Extension on Chrome is insane, in a very good way. Extremely helpful when you're sourcing candidates on LinkedIn!
- Andrew is great. Always there when we had questions and always willing to hop on a call with us.
- Implementation phase was super quick and simple. The Lever team did whatever we asked and in turn, we did whatever they asked.

Cons

- Requisition approval needs fine tuning. When we decide to hire internally for a requisition that has already been approved, we have to delete the current req and add another one indicating it was an internal hire in order for us to report on the number of internal hires. There's very little you can do with a req once it's been approved without getting the approvers involved again.
- Offer approval is backward, in my opinion. The letter should be drafted first, then sent out to the approvers for their review. Right now, it's approval first, then offer letter draft.
- Referrals are counted as "applicants" and not "leads." That's crazy to me.
- Once a lead has applied through our careers website, we have to manually move them from the lead bucket to the applicant bucket. There's no automatic transfer. No notification, either.

Ed

Strong ATS Platform

Reviewed on 22/06/2017

Lever is the 7th ATS that I have used professionally and I have demoed many others, it is one of the best out there. We went through our selection process a year ago and ended up demoing 13 ATS providers and they were the best for our needs. We couldn't be happier with Lever and plan on being a long-time customer.

Pros

-Great UI/UX-very intuitive and easy to use
-Good tracking capabilities: Can create unique URLs, each employee has a unique social/employee referral link, you can drop a Google Analytics tag, and can embed tracking pixels
-Easy to get buy-in across the organization
-Adds efficiency to the recruiting team saving recruiters and coordinators time in our day to day. We had to do a ton of manual work with our last ATS.
-High engagement: Many of our team members weren't a big fan of our previous ATS and now they have turned into power users
-Chrome Extension and integrations with other sourcing tools to be able to easily import candidates into Lever to manage the pipeline
-Gmail and Google Calendar integration so you can do everything from one platform and not have to continually go back and forth when communicating and scheduling candidates
-They are continually upgrading their software as we have been a customer less than a year and have seen many new beneficial releases
-Have a CRM product(Lever Nurture)
-Great support from initial contact through implementation
-During the sales process, they really took the time to understand our business and recruiting processes
-Easy to create customized reports
-Tons of partner integrations
-Streamlined and easy implementation process

Cons

-Doesn't have automated social referral distribution. Employees can't schedule their job posts via social, they need to do it manually each time through Lever.
-They don't have Live Chat for customer service
-When setting up your job application, if you choose to have a resume as required then the 'Apply with LinkedIn' is pointless. If they 'Apply with LinkedIn' then they still need to upload a resume. Unfortunately, 'Apply with LinkedIn' doesn't cover the resume requirement.

Ashley

Vast improvement in the automation of our young, growing tech company's hiring process

Reviewed on 01/05/2017

Pros

I love its seamless integration with the tools we most use--Gmail, Google Calendar, Slack, Abacus, and Docusign. It has made our entire hiring process more seamless as a result.

For applicants, it provides a more professional, personalized (if templated!) experience than what our young company had previously afforded.

For our People Operations department (of one) it has vastly improved our organization of resumes. Previously, I received from multiple sources (hand-delivered resumes, forwarded emails of resumes, dozens of job boards) often receiving resumes from people who were not directly involved with the hiring process. Lever has helped keep the channels of communication open between varying levels of involvement, equipping team members to track at the distance that makes the most sense for them.

Furthermore, it has renewed energy throughout the company regarding our democratic hiring process. It is helpful that all team members can refer candidates more easily to the wider team, and that they can see all of their feedback forms/interviews in once place. The Slack reminders regarding feedback prove helpful since so much of our work is carried out via Slack.

I also very much enjoyed the implementation process with Phil. He made clear that there is no dumb question. He was consistently friendly, and empathetic when there were obstacles in the implementation. He had a great way of allowing me to train by doing instead of training by sight.

Cons

I look forward to the tool having more options in terms of auto-text/mail-merge. For example, it would be great if email templates had some options for dates and times. I also wish that it were possible to add multiple locations to a particular posting. I created a location called "Multiple Locations," but it'd be nice to have more specific cities listed. Perhaps I'm missing something though and this is an option. I'm still very young in my use of this tool.

I also wish that the workflow process could be manipulated by super admins. If ever we need to make an edit to the workflows, we will need to contact Lever's support team. I have no doubt they will be responsive. I simply wish we were empowered to customize this ourselves as needs change. It'd be great if each department could customize their own flow for their different hiring processes.

Also, the cost was nearly prohibitive for our small company. I was glad that the team worked with us on this. I trust that if we can expand its use across departments (instead of the initially approved Client Success team), the company will see its full value. Right now it's a bit costly for our 1-person People Ops 'team' in its primary focus on Client Success hires. I think to get full use out of this platform, we would need a full-time recruiter--possibly using the Teamable and LinkedIn Recruiter integrations that Lever affords.

James

RLL = Recruiters Love Lever

Reviewed on 29/03/2017

Pros

Lever is a very intuitive product, and takes the recruiting efforts of any organization to the next level. The interface is extremely user friendly, and helps streamline candidate experience. Their Customer Success team is amazing, and they are always willing to go above and beyond for their clients.

I first came across Lever when I was leading recruiting efforts at a startup called Bluecore. I was all but settled on selecting Greenhouse as our ATS, not because I thought it was better than Lever, but simply because Greenhouse was the ATS that I heard the most buzz about. Before pulling the trigger, though, I decided it would be a good idea to see what else was out there, and at least take a look at another option or two. I reached out to my Recruiter network, and my buddy at Foursquare mentioned to me that they were using Lever, and that he really liked it. I set up a demo, and the rest is history. Lever knocked the demo out of the park, and I have had an amazing relationship with the company since.

When I eventually left Bluecore to become the Director of Talent at Docurated, I made sure during the interview process that I would be able to bring Lever with me. The product is continuously improving, and I look forward to being a part of the ride.

Cons

I don't really have anything negative to say about Lever, as I am a big proponent of all of it's functionalities. If I had to pick something, I would suggest that Lever start working with more job posting sites to enhance it's capabilities on the frontend. Blasting out job postings to Indeed and other top job sites, besides for just Glassdoor and LinkedIn (I think you can only do this if you purchase job posting slots from these sites), would be awesome. Right now I am using Built In NYC in additional to Lever to ensure I get the most bang for my buck in regards to driving inbound candidate flow.

Lever is a great efficiency ATS for small-mid sized companies

Reviewed on 21/01/2020

I realized improved efficiency from day 1 with a high volume of candidates scheduled on our books for the same amount of effort.

Pros

Very user friendly and features are thought through from the tactical recruiting side. I love easy book links, automated offer letter templates that actually work well, strong email template capabilities with email delay features, integration with slack.

Cons

Few glitches with offer letters / integration with background check and HRIS system. I had to figure out some rules myself that weren't documented. Their support team is very fast and friendly though. The built in support articles are also very comprehensive.

iCIMS Talent Cloud and Greenhouse

Reasons for Choosing Lever

Ability to keep notes on candidates for life and own candidate records, built in email automation capability for the same price, improved communication with hiring managers, better reporting, more sleek careers page, improved candidate experience, tons of automation features that fill in for the coordinator side of recruiting.

ADP Workforce Now

Reasons for Switching to Lever

All of the features I was looking for in one place at a reasonable cost that will scale with us. Most user friendly, built in CRM (not separate), best internal TA features for scheduling, etc.
David

Great candidate-centric ATS.

Reviewed on 21/12/2020

Overall we're really really happy with Lever. It's a huge improvement to our last ATS and will be critical in our next stage of growth. It's really a well-designed system.

Pros

Our company operates similarily to a recruiting agency, which means we tend to hire for the same job on an ongoing basis, as opposed to hiring one or two candidates, then closing the job. Because of this, Lever helped us understand that we need a candidate-centric ATS, as opposed to a job centric ATS. This is a critical distinction when evaluating ATS, and is why we selected Lever over other systems.

The best feature is the global pipeline view that you see when you first log in. It makes understanding the pipeline really easy. And you can filter it down by job, recruiter, etc. which is also really helpful. It's really the best UI / UX of any ATS pipeline that we've seen.

We also really like the tagging and automation tools. Also the tight linkedin integration is nice. Oh, and two-way email sync with gmail is a critical feature for us that not all ATS have.

Cons

The reporting can be a little hard to understand at times. It doesn't have a direct integration with indeed, zip recruiter, or other job boards, so job distribution isn't as good as our last system (workable). But we're making it work.

Marina
  • Industry: Entertainment

Great Data-Driven ATS

Reviewed on 03/10/2020

ATS that cares about people.

Pros

Switched from a no-reporting ATS to Lever and it has been such a wonderful experience so far. The whole tool is built with candidates and candidate experience in mind. I honestly cannot imagine going back to how we used to work.

Working with candidate profiles is intuitive and fast - especially with the newest feature CV Review.

The Chrome extension makes sourcing on Linkedin a breezy.

Our account manager during closing the deal was absolutely lovely - she was a great support in pitching the proposal to the business and getting us the best price we could afford. Thanks, Lo!

Cons

I'm gonna have to say customer support. Issues are rarely resolved on the first try - they also work US hours only which makes it really hard to fix critical issues on day 1.

Lately there have been more issues with the platform than before. Though Lever sent an email about it, why it happened and how they will ensure it doesn't repeat in the future.

Reasons for Switching to Lever

Greenhouse had too many things that could be tweaked making reporting unreliable. Their account management team also came across as pushy, dishonest and overall only looking to score a sale.
Ryan

Lever is a Great ATS for Any Start-up!

Reviewed on 12/07/2022

Over the last 9 years I've used Lever, Greenhouse, Workable, Taleo, Breezy, and Jobvite. Lever is hands-down my number 1 pick for its ease of use, its user interface, countless integrations, and efficient workflow. Lever has also been improving their reporting and analytics making their software a perfect fit for any start-up from a 10 person pre-series A to a 400 person series D/E company.

Pros

Lever was easy to implement (I had it up and running in less than 24 hours), the career page can be integrated with your current website quickly, the scorecards are fully customizable, and the ATS does a nice job at tracking candidates throughout the process.

Cons

At the moment, a user cannot edit the interview stages without submitting a ticket to Lever. I hope they change this in the near future.

Workable and Greenhouse

Reasons for Switching to Lever

User interface, scheduling workflow, reporting and analytics, integrations, and ease of use for my hiring managers.