Lever

4.6/5
4.6/5

Morgane
Morgane

Amazing user experience from end to end with Lever !

Reviewed on 10/03/2020

Saving time on everything from applications review to interviews feedbacks, including sourcing and nurturing !

Pros

I really enjoyed discovering the Nurture feature that helps me save a lot of time. The team collaboration on hiring is really smooth thanks to Lever from reviewing sourced profiles and applications to completing interviews feedbacks. Using Lever really ease the implementation of new collaborative hiring process within GitBook.

My experience with Lever is the first user experience I ever had that encourages me to recommend a product being 100% confident ! I enjoyed every step of my experience with Lever from the very 1st call discovering the product with [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN], all the way to the amazing on-boarding led by [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] until being an actual power user of Lever.

Cons

There is not much things I didn't like about Lever. If I would think of one, it would be the grey UI that is not really appealing and sometimes the UX such as having to go back on settings part to update a template but those doesn't reduce the great user experience one should have using Lever.

Reasons for Choosing Lever

Missing a feature regarding sourcing and nurturing

Workable
Jessica
Jessica

Lever is such a user-friendly tool and a huge improvement for us!

Reviewed on 03/05/2022

We weren't able to successfully build a robust database previously. Lever allows you to do that in an organized way. Also, the metrics/reporting capabilities even within the enhanced package is far superior to those I've used previously.

Pros

I love the UI/UX of Lever. It's super user-friendly and easy to figure out overall. Lots of capabilities we didn't have before. Compared to the solutions I've used before (JazzHR and BreezyHR for smaller businesses), it's like night and day. SO much better.

Cons

There are some features that are missing/need to be improved. They aren't dealbreakers, though. For instance, you can't manually update job posting dates. Also, the site doesn't have many partnerships with free job boards allowing you to automatically push out postings to them. It's integrated with LinkedIn and has a recent integration with Indeed as well, but that's it. If you want postings on other job boards, you have to manually do it, which is a decent amount of work.

Reasons for Choosing Lever

BreezyHR was lacking in functionality for a globally dispersed recruitment team at a high growth company.

Breezy

Reasons for Switching to Lever

Better sales experience and better interface

Painful enough to leave my first review on anything work related

Reviewed on 30/11/2022

Based on the above am clearly not very happy. That said, I have only used Lever and Greenhouse (which is far far better). I feel like some negative grump leaving this review, but in 4 months I have wasted hours trying to get feature requests, figuring simple things out like specific plans for certain roles, only to find it literally isn't an option.I feel like they have given up on this, it could be so much better, get a small team with proper UI/UX skills and it could be a really good ATS.

Pros

It looks ok, isn't slow, I like the font.Customer service is actually good (although feature requests don't get completed).

Cons

No point in listing everything or I'll be here for days, I've already flagged them as feature requests months ago and not heard anything back. This ATS, whilst fast and not completely useless is just so painful in so many ways, the amount of illogical UX/UI that has been put into this is baffling - the main outstanding one being that jobs and candidates are kept in separate channels... what!?- Can't format feedback forms.- Any interview plan you set up is duplicated across ALLjobs.. you can't have specific plans for specific roles, are you kidding me right?- Can't turn off email notifications for reminding to submit feedback, even though there is a notification options in settings (missing the option).- When you are rejecting/archiving people if you type out an email and accidentally click off it's all deleted and does not save, this happens with other parts as well (if you just send a norma email it does save).- Want to return to the candidate after leaving feedback? You have to open a new tab.- Scheduling feels like someone doing A level comp science has built it, basic and not efficient. - No customisation settings - sorry, deal with the grey, bleak looking system (other than the font).- Don't get me started on the analytics, it's so poor.

Response from Employ

We are very sorry to hear about your experience. The Lever team is here to help. Please submit a request to the Lever Support team: https://help.lever.co/hc/en-us/requests/new

You have opted to keep your contact information hidden; if you change your mind and would like to provide the name of your organization, we can connect you with a rep for support as well.

Jennifer

Lever: an ATS that delivers on its promises!

Reviewed on 12/03/2024

Pros

We transitioned to Lever from a previous ATS, we were looking for more functionality and a wider range of features for reporting purposes. [sensitive content hidden], our implentation specialist, was absolutely amazing. We had weekly calls with [sensitive content hidden], who walked us through a different Lever feature, answered every question, assisted greatly in mapping our historical data over, and was avalible via email for my team whenever they needed her. Understanding the system and being guided during the process was so valuable - the Visual Insights (reporting) has allowed us to view data in ways we've never been able to before. Scheduling is also SO much easier, the Recruiting team has nothing but wonderful things to say about how user friendly the plattform is. We've also began using candidate experience surveys, to boost our candidate experience, and are planning to utilize additional features offered down the road. I feel Lever has quickly and truly become a part of our core systems, anytime I have a question Lever support is so helpful and fast as lightning to answer.

Cons

Our Offer process is currently outside of the ATS, the esignature integration we use does not connect with Lever. Docusign is the only option if we want to utilize Lever's Offer process, so we're looking into it. I would love to see more integrations! The Visual Insights were launched with Lever's Winter Release, I am not a fan currently of the exporting options - but I know this is a function Lever is actively working to improve!

Donnie
  • Company size: 501–1,000 Employees

If you're looking for a new ATS, look at Lever!

Reviewed on 15/11/2023

We recently adopted Lever as our new ATS. At the beginning of our ATS search, we went through several demos with other systems, but Lever was the obvious choice for us right from the beginning.
Not only did the system offer everything we needed from a new ATS, the customer service at Lever was top notch. [sensitive content hidden]
was our Implementation Specialist. In my 14-15+ years, I can hands-down say that I have never received such exceptional customer service and support like I did with [sensitive content hidden]. not only is a Lever subject matter expert, but he is passionate about what he does and it shines through in every conversation. His response time is unmatched. I cannot say enough great things about Lever, and more specifically [sensitive content hidden]
. Thanks for such a great product, with great support! I highly recommend Lever to anyone looking for a new ASTS.

Pros

Everything about Lever is great. We love the user interface and user experience.

Cons

I don't think there is anything specific things I can point to.

Russell
  • Industry: Mental Health Care

The best ATS

Reviewed on 21/09/2023

By far the best ATS that I have used in 15 years of recruiting. The UI is intuitive, the ability to manage your pipeline using is as easy as they come. The reporting is accurate and it is easy to identify what impacts and triggers. I did 15 demos before deciding on Lever. And after each Demo I felt like there were missing tools or a misalignment on what those ATS did vs what I believed was an effective way to manage candidates through the interview process. With Lever I felt like the softwares functionality matched with my philosophy on recruiting and the candidate experience.

Pros

Easy to customize, great bulk actions, strong reporting, and the best tool for managing your candidate pipeline.

Cons

The Easy Book tool lacks some customization. You can work around this through management of your calendar.

Jobvite, Workable and Greenhouse

Reasons for Switching to Lever

Levers focus on the candidate profile and the ability to manage your pipeline best allows me to manage candidates through the pipeline, providing a great candidate experience and never missing/ghosting candidates.
Louis
Louis

Good tool and great customer support

Reviewed on 03/05/2022

Pros

Customer support while setting up the whole system across 10 entities was superb. [SENSITIVE CONTENT] was, despite the time difference, very reactive and helpful. On the product itself, it has been design to recruit and it does just so.

Cons

Some things are missing like really customizable analytics and filtered export of opportunities. The product is still being developed but as of today it still needs extra development to meet all our needs.

Reasons for Choosing Lever

To go to a dedicated product for recruiting.

HubSpot CRM
Eli
  • Industry: Mental Health Care

Highly Recommend Lever!

Reviewed on 14/11/2023

Pros

With our old process, the problem we ran into was that it was hard to collaborate with each other . As we scaled, we knew we needed a new solution and Lever was an easy choice. I've never seen the team so responsive and thorough in their use of an ATS before. If you want a seamless process and architecture that even your developers will appreciate, without spending a fortune, Lever is by far the best option.

Huge shoutout to [sensitive content hidden]. She was extremely knowledgeable and helpful throughout the implementation process.

Cons

Nothing. Lever is an A+ software. I can not find anything to dislike.

Briana
  • Industry: Venture Capital & Private Equity

[sensitive content hidden] is the best!!!

Reviewed on 15/12/2023

Echoing what I shared above - Working with [sensitive content hidden]
was amazing - he is...

Echoing what I shared above - Working with [sensitive content hidden]
was amazing - he is extremely thorough, responsive, and made this a seamless process for us. We couldn't have gotten through the implementation without him!

Pros

Working with [sensitive content hidden]

Cons

Nothing so far - really enjoying the product

Danielle

Great implementation!

Reviewed on 15/12/2023

I want to mention our WONDERFUL Implementation Manager, [sensitive content hidden] has been so helpful during the implementation process and we are so thankful for all his support.

Pros

Ease of implementation, reporting functionality, general UI of platform.

Cons

Nothing really - it's been a great product to use so far

Michaela
  • Company size: 1,001–5,000 Employees

Smart ATS + CRM tool

Reviewed on 31/03/2021

We went through the implementation led by [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] and that was superb. Overall the customer care is strong and I like the product.

There are several features that Lever should work on so it fits better organizations of a larger scale (1000+) as some of the workflows are just not granular enough.

Pros

- sourcing part
- integrations with other systems
- the system is smart so it is limiting mistakes
- reporting is strong (as the system does not allow many mistakes)

Cons

GDPR options are very simple, we need them more advanced as a EU based company
user roles - too simple for us, again we would need to have them more granular
email/interview templates - it would be great if these could be preset based on the interview name/type - it would save a lot of time to search through templates
department/team set up - as this affects the entire system and automation it is very hard to set it up correctly, as we are an organization of larger scale, it is just not enough granular for us
job offer approval set up - again not granular enough for us

SmartRecruiters and Greenhouse

Reasons for Choosing Lever

Jobvite did not allow keeping Job postings and requisitions separate The interface was quite old-fashioned and some tasks took way too many clicks to do Jobvite was very rigid when we needed to make any changes from the standard

Jobvite

Reasons for Switching to Lever

Lever was better fitting our business needs - strong CRM + ATS that helps with clear reporting
Sydney
  • Industry: Biotechnology
  • Company size: 501–1,000 Employees

Easy to configure ATS that provides a great candidate, recruiter, and hiring manager experience

Reviewed on 17/03/2023

Pros

User interface is very intuitive and makes it easy to navigate. As a super admin, it's been very easy to configure/change/edit the settings in all facets. The global aspects of the company are very important from a data protection perspective along with the integration APIs. If you are a data person, you will love the visual insights as well. You can slice the data any way you need to and share automated reports on a cadence you define. The integration team was also incredible....they go above and beyond to figure out any roadblocks with integration and/or process specific needs that Lever doesn't readily support.

Cons

We are very strict with our security settings related to email and can't enable the approval processes just yet which is disappointing. Not Lever's fault, just the nature of our business setup. It has many features, but it could use a few more visual indicators in the candidate pipeline stages when multiple people are adding notes or giving a "thumbs up or down" while reviewing to make it easier to see if action has been taken on a candidate. It would also be nice to have sorting capabilities in the pipeline stages as well.

JazzHR, Workable and Greenhouse

Reasons for Choosing Lever

We were using the recruiting module in ceridian and it was clunky, not very efficient, and didn't allow good workflow/visual insights.

Dayforce HCM

Reasons for Switching to Lever

Contract terms, cost, customer service, configurability, ease of use

Lever is a great efficiency ATS for small-mid sized companies

Reviewed on 21/01/2020

I realized improved efficiency from day 1 with a high volume of candidates scheduled on our books for the same amount of effort.

Pros

Very user friendly and features are thought through from the tactical recruiting side. I love easy book links, automated offer letter templates that actually work well, strong email template capabilities with email delay features, integration with slack.

Cons

Few glitches with offer letters / integration with background check and HRIS system. I had to figure out some rules myself that weren't documented. Their support team is very fast and friendly though. The built in support articles are also very comprehensive.

iCIMS Talent Cloud and Greenhouse

Reasons for Choosing Lever

Ability to keep notes on candidates for life and own candidate records, built in email automation capability for the same price, improved communication with hiring managers, better reporting, more sleek careers page, improved candidate experience, tons of automation features that fill in for the coordinator side of recruiting.

ADP Workforce Now

Reasons for Switching to Lever

All of the features I was looking for in one place at a reasonable cost that will scale with us. Most user friendly, built in CRM (not separate), best internal TA features for scheduling, etc.
Ryan

Lever is a Great ATS for Any Start-up!

Reviewed on 12/07/2022

Over the last 9 years I've used Lever, Greenhouse, Workable, Taleo, Breezy, and Jobvite. Lever is hands-down my number 1 pick for its ease of use, its user interface, countless integrations, and efficient workflow. Lever has also been improving their reporting and analytics making their software a perfect fit for any start-up from a 10 person pre-series A to a 400 person series D/E company.

Pros

Lever was easy to implement (I had it up and running in less than 24 hours), the career page can be integrated with your current website quickly, the scorecards are fully customizable, and the ATS does a nice job at tracking candidates throughout the process.

Cons

At the moment, a user cannot edit the interview stages without submitting a ticket to Lever. I hope they change this in the near future.

Workable and Greenhouse

Reasons for Switching to Lever

User interface, scheduling workflow, reporting and analytics, integrations, and ease of use for my hiring managers.
Maggie

Easy to use, but robust ATS!

Reviewed on 06/10/2020

Pros

I love the clean user interface in Lever and how easy it is to learn how to use. I love all the the (seemingly) simple features that make a huge difference in the candidate experience (ie. easy scheduling, email templates, delayed email feature, offer letter integration, interview feedback reminders, etc). The support team is extremely helpful and responds quickly. The launchpad site with hundreds of posts on how to use the features is invaluable.

Cons

The only thing I would like is Lever to have more free job board integrations (ie. automatically posts to various job boards without me having to pay for separate posts)

Payton
Payton

New to Lever

Reviewed on 23/12/2021

The communication and support while considering to go with Lever and again when implementing, was phenomenal.

Pros

My favorite aspect about Lever is being able to send candidates profiles and notes to one of our hiring managers and it goes straight to their email. The hiring manager can respond to the note without even having to log into lever. I also love the ease of setting interviews and calendar invites in one, simple step.

Cons

I wish we had known about more Lever features before we were assigned to the basic package because if the quoted pricing included items such as DocuSign and the Preferred Support were included, we would most likely have those.

Breezy

Reasons for Choosing Lever

The communication and support from AAIM was obsolete.

Reasons for Switching to Lever

We decided we loved our interactions with [SENSITIVE CONTENT], and our [SENSITIVE CONTENT], were interactions we wanted to have with our new ATS system because that is what we were lacking before. Those two ladies made all the difference to us!
Jake
  • Industry: Primary/Secondary Education

Intuitive, Effective, Innovative.

Reviewed on 30/12/2017

Bottom line: In my opinion, Lever is the best ATS out there. Beats its competitors by at least a mile. Keep up the great work!

Pros

- Scheduling interviews have never been easier for our Talent Team. Our conference rooms are linked to Lever so we can do everything without checking Google Calendar!
- Easy to use interface. Every tab, page, and profile is very user-friendly, with the recruiter/hiring manager in mind.
- Sending candidates a link to schedule their phone interview cuts down on the back and forth.
- Communication between approvers, hiring managers and interviewing team is ridiculously easy that even my mom can use Lever.
- Automatic job posting to external job boards. Super easy to use for niche job boards as well!
- The referral system is super easy for folks who don't use Lever on a daily basis.
- Customizable application per posting. SUPER easy. I love this feature.
- Reports are very easy to pull and read.
- Recruiters have control over who they involve in the hiring process. Before when we didn't have Lever, all hiring managers had access to every single job posting and its applicants in front of them. Now, we assign them to specific jobs they own. They can't see anything else.
- Lever Extension on Chrome is insane, in a very good way. Extremely helpful when you're sourcing candidates on LinkedIn!
- Andrew is great. Always there when we had questions and always willing to hop on a call with us.
- Implementation phase was super quick and simple. The Lever team did whatever we asked and in turn, we did whatever they asked.

Cons

- Requisition approval needs fine tuning. When we decide to hire internally for a requisition that has already been approved, we have to delete the current req and add another one indicating it was an internal hire in order for us to report on the number of internal hires. There's very little you can do with a req once it's been approved without getting the approvers involved again.
- Offer approval is backward, in my opinion. The letter should be drafted first, then sent out to the approvers for their review. Right now, it's approval first, then offer letter draft.
- Referrals are counted as "applicants" and not "leads." That's crazy to me.
- Once a lead has applied through our careers website, we have to manually move them from the lead bucket to the applicant bucket. There's no automatic transfer. No notification, either.

Candice
  • Company size: 5,001–10,000 Employees

Mostly good

Reviewed on 23/07/2018

This is a pro and a con - When processing a candidate for a role, it's good to be able to have visibility of what stages they're at with other roles they've applied to. But then it becomes a bit annoying when trying to process them for one role, but having to either decline or progress them for any other roles they've applied for, even if they aren't your roles.

Pros

- I like the way Lever processes candidates (pipeline). It's straightforward to use.
- Great visibility of candidate notes.
- It's fast at updating across the system, good synchronisation.
- I like the way the feedback works between Outlook/hiring managers email.
- New interview feature to show if hiring managers have accepted their interview invitations.
- We like that it integrates with DocuSign and Outlook, and the chrome extension for LinkedIn.
- It's cloud-based so we can log in from anywhere.
- Evan is awesome

Cons

- We can't use bullet points in Offer forms because they don't format correctly in the final contract.
- Formatting of job description (can't do bullet points)
- It's challenging for hiring managers to find the 'approve' button when offer approval emails come through (it's at the bottom of the email and then it's not clear when they open the candidate's profile.
- Could have more use of colour coding.
- Hiring managers keep their access to individual profiles after their jobs have closed (then managers complain about receiving too many notifications)
- There should be multiple Offer forms (for each of our locations for e.g.)

Sara

Incredibly easy to use with a top notch team to support it!

Reviewed on 15/08/2017

Overall, this is a great software that continues to release new things - both big & small - to improve the workflows for its users! The team is dedicated to improving recruiting & company culture. At the very least, subscribe to their emails for some thoughtful content!

Pros

-First off, the sales & implementation teams are fantastic. I had a great experience during the sales process (which is why I chose them over Greenhouse) & Customer support representative from implementation (customer success) has continued to be a trusted partner even post-onboarding.
-It's relatively easy to set up & manage ongoing updates. I pretty much built the entire thing when we switched from Jazz. While I have an implementation background, I'm no engineer, so kudos for making it easy to manage.
-Hiring managers love it - esp. product & engineering!
-The email templates are a life-changer.
-The sync with Google calendar for rooms & availability is also a life-changer.

Cons

While overall, it's a fantastic product, there are a few very nitpicky items I'd love to see modified down the road:

-More customization for job posts; there are a couple standard fields you can't change.
-Ability to sort applicants by certain criteria, i.e. if they included a cover letter or link to portfolio.
-Permission levels with more "pick & choose" customization.
-Changing interview times, teams, and feedback forms could be easier.
-Option to save commonly used filters -- for a super admin with access to all reqs, it can be a tad overwhelming, but I've hacked a good process with bookmarks!

Ghayathri
  • Industry: Market Research

Cost-effective ATS for small to mid-stage companies - Lever

Reviewed on 02/04/2023

Pros

Simple and effective, cost is affordable for growing organizations, and the way they price it based on employee count and not on a per-seat basis.

Cons

Reporting can be better, LinkedIn integration is a work in progress.

BambooHR

Ease of usage

Gmail, BambooHR and Google Sheets

Reasons for Switching to Lever

Ease of usage, and the features are great.
Molly
  • Industry: Accounting
  • Company size: 501–1,000 Employees

We have loved our switch to Lever!

Reviewed on 01/11/2017

Pros

We implemented Lever at the beginning of this year and are very happy overall with our switch. We originally chose to go with Lever because we liked how "candidate-centric" this platform was over other systems. We wanted an ATS that streamlined our application process, screening, and made scheduling a breeze and overall, we have found that!

The implementation and customer service team has been top-notch with Lever. Along the way, we have received answers to our questions right away. The videos and tutorials have been extremely helpful and the feedback response rate from our interviewers has increased. The integration with Microsoft Office365 with a single log-on process was well-received with our interview teams.

Our company fills a majority of our entry-level hires through campus recruiting and Lever has allowed us to organize our applications by school, events, position, etc. which has helped our team organize our campus recruiting efforts. We are also beginning to implement Lever "Nurture" to help with our recruiting campaigns and to help us recruit "passive candidates."

Overall, we are pleased with Lever and its functionality. We would recommend it completely.

Cons

The ease of use of reporting could be better, but Lever seems to be continually pushing out new updates.

Tommy
  • Industry: Security & Investigations

Could be good depending on organizational need

Reviewed on 29/10/2023

Pros

Its super easy to use and great for tracking candidate pipeline. Simple for new hiring managers to understand and navigate

Cons

Its has the least functionality of all the modern ATS, it doesn't have much places where you can customize compared to Greenhouse, Ashby, etc.

Ashby and Greenhouse
Richard
  • Industry: Human Resources

Lever - an ok ATS with some flaws

Reviewed on 19/06/2021

Lever is a good tool for the candidate journey. It is easy to use and helps you move through the recruitment process quickly. However, from a reporting and reliability point of view, there are better systems out there.

Pros

Lever is a recruiting tool that is strongest on the candidate side. It makes it easy for candidates to apply for roles, and the internal interview system is decent too, making it pretty easy to collect feedback from hiring managers. It connects with email and calendars well, and there are integrations for other recruiting and HR tools.

Cons

If you are looking for a great candidate database or an awesome way to track your reports, Lever is not the tool for you. The platform has reliability issues and terrible reporting functionality that makes it hard to get any meaningful data out of the system at all.

Response from Employ

Thanks for the review, Richard! In August 2022, Lever released a product update making Visual Insights the default in-app analytics interface. Check out this new reporting!

Magali
  • Company size: 1,001–5,000 Employees

Great ATS, very efficient customer support, and simple/user friendly tool for recruiters &...

Reviewed on 20/07/2018

When we screened other ATS vendors, before making the choice to partner with Lever, we sensed that Lever was the best team & had the best product on the market. Now that we've been using Lever for more than 8 months, I am confident it was the best choice, and they've been exceeded our expectations so many times!

Pros

Unlike other ATS that are cluttered / not logical, Lever is simple and makes sense! We've been using it for 8 months now, and our recruiters & hiring teams love it.
From an admin point of view, I also value the great quality of the customer success team, and the implementation teams. They provide almost real-time support, are very efficient, and always friendly!
Finally, the product is constantly evolving, and takes into account our own improvement requests, which feels like we're really partnerring with Lever.

Cons

Almost no access to reporting for recruiters, only 'admin' roles can access reporting, which had lead us to open the role "admin" to more people than what we initially wanted to. But the build-in reports are really useful.
There can be some data inconsistencies when it comes to reporting. Some data don't stock memory of changes, which is a challenge when we want to look deeper into more advanced historical reports.

Djoly

I had implemented other ATS in the past and my experience with LEVER has been swift and...

Reviewed on 22/09/2017

As the lead HR person of this implementation - I found the transition and the different features of LEVER to be useful, up-to-date, and the thoughtful implementation project details that was being presented to me.

Pros

User friendly as both a user (testing the product) and a administrator ( migrating candidates from another ATS with good instructions) Did not experience any "system crash" during the transition - reliable system. Automation features have worked smoothly to ensure positive applicant experience and HR experience. Reporting ( data collection ) is easy to gather and serves the needs for presentation to our internal customers.

Cons

In addition to Google Chrome would like to see LEVER be able to optimize its performance using other platforms to for applicants who do prefer to use other search engines.
From a presentation/ branding standpoint, prefer to have the logo appears in the resume received/thank you for applying emails to candidates.
When migrating active candidates from the other ATS to LEVER, have to first saved the resume of each candidate before transferring them in groups to [email protected]
Would be nice to click & print resume versus downloading the document prior to printing it when needed
Under interview tag, the initials appeared next to the candidate name, belong to the owner of each job and not necessarily the last user who scheduled the interview. Have to flip down to the activity /transactions below the resume of the candidate to find out who is the scheduler of the interview.