Adobe Illustrator Reviews

Joshua
  • Industry: Leisure, Travel & Tourism

Excellent Design Software

Reviewed on 27/09/2020

My overall experience is awesome, because I wil stil use it other than other creative programs. It has a great edge over others because you can create any type of art right from scratch.

Pros

I like teh fact that as a designer, i can create a multitude of art work with Adobe illustrator, ranging from video games, brand logos and promotional materials.
I like it because i can also use it for designs & topography such as business cards, clothing, billboards, artistic & stylistic illustrations.
It is integrated with Adobe creative cloud which makes it easier for sharing my art projects and creative assets.
I love its capability to create pixel-perfect designs, clear lines are automatically aligned to the grid.
I get access to over 90 million graphics, images and templates through Adobe Stock.
It makes me and other designers i know to start our artwork from fresh, clean pages and also easy to edit ready made artworks or templates.
Also like the option where i can convert my designs to PDF files and other types of image files, which i find very comfortable to work with any type of format my clients request for.
It offers great compatibility with othe Adobe programs like the Adobe Photoshop and Premiere.
No bounds to the creativity i can imagine to make as long as you know how to make use of the tools.

Cons

It takes a while to load each time I try to open up the application.
It also slows down other programs on my computer becuase its a massive program, especially when I have both Illustrator & Photoshop running at the time.
Sometimes the main colour paletes won't show in the upper taskbar which can be a pain when you have to figure out how to get it, especially for newbies.
The hotkeys are weird compared to other programs like photoshop, especially when you are trying to use hotkey to export.
Not really suitable for beginners, requires training to know how to use. Sometimes I had to use google to figure out where some certain tools are when I just started using the program.
Adobe lacks a full mobile verwsion of Illustrator, which would be very helpful & handy when working on mobile or on an ipad.
The most recent version interface is very annoying as I can't find tools where i expect to find them, including critical tools.

Samuel
Samuel
  • Industry: Media Production

Illustrator, a connection to the past. But what does the future hold?

Reviewed on 15/09/2020

Adobe Illustrator scores above average, much more because of its solid foundation than current features.

It is a program that, in a way, has stopped in time. (I still expect compatibility improvements)

It is a program that you must have, or at least give it a try. There are many possibilities, if your creativity allows it.

If you are a design professional or student, you should give preference to AI.

Pros

Writing about Illustrator is very passionate. One of the most important Pros of the program is its solid foundation, built over decades. Yes! Decades.

Therefore, the main resources of the illustration industry are here. Shapes, Fills, lines, vectors, compositions. Ease of basic understanding of features.

Learning curve, of the basic resources is fast. Numerous editing possibilities (the limit is your creation)
high degree of SVG compatibility.

These are, for me, the best reasons to use AI since 2011.

Cons

Against the grain, AI presents a high consumption of computer resources. RAM, VRAM, Processor, these are abundantly consumed by the program. The more you have, the more it will consume.

With the exception of the SVG format, any non-native format will have serious compatibility problems, causing constant breaks.

The learning curve for advanced items is complex and requires more effort than other programs in the same category.

However, in my opinion, the X of the question is: Is Adobe Illustrator the program of the future for vectors? or was he stuck in time and his Status Quo?

Go to software

Reviewed on 23/06/2024

Pros

My go to software for creating anything design related

Cons

Can sometimes crash even when memory is not at max or file size not complex. Auto save is great in this instance though

Kenyon
Kenyon
  • Industry: Photography

The Core of the apple

Reviewed on 04/11/2020

Building logos for myself and customers, Creating various types of art.

Building logos for myself and customers, Creating various types of art.

Pros

This is a beautifully put together piece of software with various features and applications. If you are a designer animator or even just a hobbyist. You can make anything graphic wise and paint as realistically a real brush!! Ai is a must-have for any serious designer

Cons

It can be a little hard to master although learning it is fun and rewarding in many ways. There are bugs and certain system errors but over its great

Photobucket

Reasons for Choosing Adobe Illustrator

The functions were alot better.

Clip Studio Paint

Reasons for Switching to Adobe Illustrator

Its very professional and well put together.
Tayeb

Great Vector Editor

Reviewed on 22/03/2024

I have been using Illustrator for years, it is packed with many design features and capabilities you will not find elsewhere and it allows you to export your work to integrate with certain workflows. I use it to turn flat logos to 3D via 3D softwares and it gives you a lot of controls to unleash your creativity.

Pros

- Stunning Vector graphics
- Integration with many design software (After Effect, Cinema 4D)
- The new subscription based model made access to Illustrator more affordable

Cons

- Not easy to use for beginners who do not know the tools but adobe Creative Suite offers a lot of learning videos
- Some new tools must be added, wish there was some 3D mapping of images creating a mesh rather than doing it manually.

Ibrahim
  • Industry: Animation

Adobe Illustrator

Reviewed on 30/06/2024

My overall experience with this product is great! It is great for designing!

My overall experience with this product is great! It is great for designing!

Pros

Everything about it worked like a charm. The entire Adobe package is great and is constantly being updated.

Cons

There is no affordable option to use this software. While competitors like Affinity Designer offer a much lower price, Adobe keeps their price up so high it is barely affordable. They also offer a monthly subscription which is not much better.

Tyran
  • Industry: Broadcast Media

Fantastic Software

Reviewed on 01/07/2024

My overall experience with Adobe Illustrator is absolutely positive. I have created so many great artworks and designs for my business.

Pros

I love how easy it is to get started creating on Adobe Illustrator and how many tools are available to explore.

Cons

I disliked the technical issues I had with the program lagging sometimes.

Denny
  • Industry: Arts & Crafts

creative design mastery

Reviewed on 26/06/2024

Adobe illustrator has been of great use to me due to its capabilities such as powerful vector tools, drawing tools, workflow effectiveness and consistency.

Pros

Its ability to create vector graphics for a various applications without loosing the quality of the workpiece.

Cons

Illustrator requires to subscribe which can be expensive for small businesses.

Joelle
  • Industry: Airlines/Aviation

The adobe illustrator is great when its effective but not fast or quick being productive.

Reviewed on 26/06/2024

My experience was good but i wish it was faster to use .

My experience was good but i wish it was faster to use .

Pros

The details because im able to use it for what i need.

Cons

That it doesn't show fast results. So it takes time to use the software.

이라
이라
  • Industry: Fine Art

One of Adobe's most used products

Reviewed on 02/07/2024

Pros

It's nice to have the parts I'm thinking about and trying to create built for me at my convenience.

Cons

I would like to see a simpler interface, a simpler interface that people can easily recognize.

Govinda
  • Company size: 501–1,000 Employees

Review for Adobe Illustrator

Reviewed on 13/01/2020

Overall, I think it is a software that offers a lot of functions and provides value for money. It helps me with my learning curve and can visually represent almost anything you want.

Pros

Adobe illustrator is completely scalable and works well with designing logos and cartoons which is what I basically do. You also have in-panel editing which makes it better. It is user-friendly too.

Cons

The fact that it offers limited support for raster graphics and that it requires a lot of patience. The loading time is also very high, comparatively.

Reasons for Choosing Adobe Illustrator

Because adobe illustrator had much more options that Inkscape. Ofcourse the amount I paid justifies what I get but still it provides more value than any other software.

Inkscape

Reasons for Switching to Adobe Illustrator

Primarily because it is the easiest way to generate and produce graphics. Also, whatever we make on this software is easily scalable and adjustable across any media platform one can name.
Lauren
Lauren
  • Industry: Entertainment

Illustrating Beyond Boundaries

Reviewed on 06/04/2020

I have faith in Illustrator and learned how it behaves. I know it will continue to update, as other Adobe applications do. Best to keep that belief in it and push on with resilience.

Pros

As a professional artist and business creative, Adobe Illustrator has been an application well used in my toolbelt of visual software. From vector creations to typographic layouts, Illustrator never ceases to amaze me in terms of innovation. The thing I like most about it is the guidance it provides for artists and designers really shines through. Specifically, Illustrator analyzes and

Cons

I've learned that each software has a strength of its own. And it's best to understand how it works so you can maneuver through it without a lot of issues. That's why Illustrator really works for me. The only setback would be the brush types. I do wish the variance in stroke would expand more in terms of the lines it creates. I've noticed that the strokes would have lines within them, but would just be copied versions. However, I believe this is a minor issue and not much to dwell on!

Reasons for Switching to Adobe Illustrator

Aside from its popularity, I grew up with Illustrator and found great comfort in its works. I'm open to new software and have tried the alternatives. But none the less, Illustrator hasn't failed me.
Asfak
  • Industry: Consumer Goods

Endless possibilities for vector design

Reviewed on 27/10/2022

For designing Industry standard Vector graphics & working in the design world it's my go-to choice. For my client projects, I prefer Illustrator the best.

Pros

Illustrator is the most feature-rich vector design software I've ever used. It is the industry standard & the learning curve was not that hard for me.

Cons

The subscription model is not good enough & the price is a bit high for 3rd world countries like Bangladesh, Nepal, Pakistan etc. Illsutrator requires a lot of resource to perform smoothly so my 3yrs old laptop couldn't run this well.

Linearity Curve and Affinity Designer

Reasons for Choosing Adobe Illustrator

Designing in Illustrator is easier for me compared to other alternatives. The shape builder tool is a lifesaver for me.

Desygner and CorelDRAW

Reasons for Switching to Adobe Illustrator

I used Adobe Photoshop before, so the learning curve was easier for me.
Pamela
  • Industry: Packaging & Containers

One of the best vector graphic design software available. Useful and highly versatile!

Reviewed on 28/09/2018

I like all its features. I cannot work without Illustrator anymore. All my graphic design projects, once sketched, take their shape in Illustrator.

Through its vector tools, you might be able to create almost every design you need. Texts, geometrical shapes or custom ones, Béziers curves and many other tools could be employed to create logos, flyers, posters, web designs, brochures and many more.

Illustrator is also easy to learn, even if you will always find new features while working with it. If you have any doubt, you can just contact the support or browse on the internet to find millions of tips, tutorials, how to, and so on.

Its scaleable results are perfect both for web and printing. No pixelation anymore! A very professional software for professional works.

Pros

Easy-to-use and easy-to-learn. Its menus and toolbar are intuitive and offer a wide range of action or tools to create your artwork. Starting from simple shapes till really complex projects.

You may contact the Adobe support at any time if needed. There are also a lot of helpful resources online, so you only have to ask to figure out any issue.

It allows creating vector projects that are completely scalable and so perfect for any use.

It works on almost any OS. It is the most complete vector graphic design software at the moment, even if Affinity Designer is becoming very competitive and is turning out to be a good alternative to Illustrator.

Cons

You might encounter some bug while working on Illustrator. It may happen that the software will crash while using it so pay attention to activate the recovery option and to compulsively save your work to avoid the loss of the work done.

It's a little bit expensive, considering that Affinity Designer is increasing its features at an unbeatable price.

David

Long-time Adobe User

Reviewed on 17/01/2019

My overall experience with Adobe Illustrator, and other Adobe products, has generally been good. However, since they moved to a subscription model, I have run into several glitches that required re-authorizing the software on my computer, and in at least once instance I was unable to connect to Adobe's server, couldn't authorize my software, and lost a day of work time when I was on a deadline.

Pros

Having worked in graphic design for 25 years, I have used many iterations of Adobe Illustrator, and currently use Illustrator CC on a daily basis. I also used to teach an Illustrator course at a local community college. What I like most is that the core functions have remained largely the same over time, and the software is mature and stable. It's actually the only program I've ever used for creating vector graphics, so I don't have anything else to compare it to, but I find Illustrator to be intuitive, and the learning curve for competence is average for a design program. I typically use Illustrator for logos and infographics, and it is ideally suited to those tasks.

Cons

My main complaint with Adobe Illustrator is that certain tools which share similar functions across programs in the Adobe line-up - most notably, Photoshop and InDesign - don't operate consistently. For instance, the resize tool in Illustrator works differently than it does in Photoshop, and it works differently in Indesign, compared to the other two. My other main complaint is that Adobe has changed the icons for several of the tools in the tool bar, and changed the arrangement of tools, for no apparent reason. This creates a lot of unnecessary confusion, particularly for long-time users who have grown accustomed to the old tool bar that remained relatively unchanged for many years. The new icons are no more intuitive than the old ones, and in some cases they are less. Now that Adobe has gone to a subscription model, and doesn't need feature updates to drive software sales, most professional Illustrator users (and Adobe Creative Cloud users) would prefer the company focus on security updates and stop fixing things that aren't broken.

samuel
samuel
  • Industry: Graphic Design

Best Graphic Design Software for Creating Vector Graphics

Reviewed on 08/05/2019

Illustrator is great, perfect for Vector design, Logo creation, drawing Cartoons etc and it gets the job done and even do more. For a graphic designer, the software is recommended since there isn’t any better alternative. Once it’s features are mastered, one can easily play with the software and create something out of it.

Pros

Adobe illustrator is a great software for Graphic Designers to add to their collection. The software is made for creating a vector graphics and it so good at it. Over the years, I have learnt to use Adobe Illustrator to create project like Cartoon and Logo designs. It is a great software and it gets the job done easily.

One of the best option for using the illustrator is the vector-graphic which makes design a perfect still quality, no matter how the design’s size is adjusted, the resolution stay the same.

With Adobe illustrator users can easily draw a design from scratch by mastering the Pen Tool and with tons of other tools like the Pathfinder Tool, the software made it very easy to design almost anything and even beautify it with the color guide.

Cons

Adobe illustrator is great, no doubt one of the best drawing software out there, however the best can be too best.. if that makes sense. For beginners, Illustrator has so many complex features which are not easy to learn at all, even with knowledge of other Adobe softwares.

The software is also heavy while operating, it requires a very strong PC to properly use without slowing down your operations or hang the PC while at it.

Illustrator is just good for drawing, editing image isn’t recommended on the software, it lacks some basic features to edit image and working with layers on this software can be very frustrating.

• Industry: Human Resources
  • Used for 2+ years

“It creates your imaginations visually on media”

Reviewed on 16/07/2019

when you look at the price, instantly you will exclaim ‘oh my gosh’. As I explained previously, there are nearly 100 million images available in adobe stock, over 12000 fonts in adobe fonts, plus all the other features to run wild with creative ideas. Who else offers so much? Therefore my opinion is a designer can always make designs that can claim a value if you are using the license of Illustrator. At the same time, with illustrator you need just a fraction of the time in doing your designs compared to some others which will keep you way behind. Illustrator is definitely for professional designers and as a professional designer, will need to use compatible hardware to get the best use of AI .

Pros

Ai is ideal for professional Vector graphic designers. After many years of studies with the inputs of designers around the globe, Adobe has developed Ai to create almost anything that comes into billions of creative (or weird) minds. Just about anything. Once you pass the learning curve which would take months and months with all that learning material available (which is quite reasonable), then you can make your dreams visible to you and others too. But still you will learn, as there are so many developments and updates take place continuously.
The Free form gradient, which is also a new addition, allows you to drop points of color which blends together to form rich color blends.

Adobe font integration lets you select thousands of fonts and use the most suitable fonts that goes with the project. You just dream what you need and you get it in Illustrator creative cloud.
With its three ‘snap to pixel’ options, it automatically aligns to the pixel grid the drawing, scaling and moving path and vector shapes.
With their massive stock of creative resources in graphics, templates, images etc which are close to 100 million in numbers and are organized in Adobe Stock, designers can access and easily design templates for various jobs saving time for additional work. The ‘True size view’ and ‘Trim size view’ features are added benefits for the User. Features of Illustrator are endless if you look at an artist’s point of view. It can put into reality all the dreams of a creative mind

Cons

I wouldn’t hesitate for a moment to call a wiper ‘a wiper’. The bad side of AI is it can just wipe off all other competitors in just one Illustrator stroke.

Beris
  • Industry: Graphic Design

The best vector based program that I used

Reviewed on 11/11/2020

I use Adobe Illustrator presently to make and plan out online media content, print media, and web architecture. I am the main client, yet I am the one that the organization goes to with questions, demands, and so forth for ensuring that our substance is new, current, and present day looking.

Pros

As a designer you have loads of alternatives to Illustrator for creating 2D designs. But I can say for sure, that Illustrator is the easiest and best tool to use, it is very easy to get started and learn.

Dealing with .pdf records and different sorts of picture documents is really great. I see this accommodating when I'm chipping away at various distinctive document types, so similarity isn't typically an issue for me with Illustrator.

Illustrator offers very great similarity among itself and other Adobe programs, so I've discovered that to be an extraordinary thing when working inside the Adobe Suite.

Cons

It feels like Adobe items are made totally separately. Despite the fact that there are incredible preferences to utilizing these applications couple. They don't share console alternate ways, and there are different things that work one route in one program, yet work diversely in Illustrator.

Illustrator is mind boggling and has a staggeringly steep expectation to absorb information. I've been utilizing it throughout the previous 8 years or thereabouts, and I feel I've just started to expose what's underneath. Adobe does an OK occupation of giving instructional exercises, yet you need to search for them on the web, and still, at the end of the day, you may discover better instructional exercises on YouTube.

Cleo

From Logos to House Plans

Reviewed on 04/12/2020

I was working at Adobe at the time Illustrator was being created and have used it continuously over the years. I use it to create overlays on maps for zoning projects, I have done detailed plans for a house that I built, I always use it for logos, posters, most projects where I want a lot of flexibility with laying things out.

Pros

The ability to create and control outline shapes. The fact that it has been in existence since the 80s and probably isn't going anywhere makes it worth learning. The things that do change or get added are mostly beneficial and logical additions. Tools like Pathfinder really work well. Masking works well once you get the gist of it. The pen tool is especially great if you know how bezier curves behave. I think they have added a lot of functionality over the years that I'm not even aware of since I never need it to do more.

Cons

There are a few nits and lice that have always bothered me but I honestly can't say that they don't have workarounds that I just haven't learned about. I wish there were a fast way to create an often used color palette. I end up making little squares on the page with the colors I want and using the dropper to grab them. The artboard is a little cumbersome until you get the hang of it. I often need to fit artwork to bounds (good for creating svg files that don't have weird empty origins). When you look for the Preset page size the dropdown starts with the setting you currently are on - it's not obvious that Fit To Artwork Bounds is above the dropdown list and you have to scroll up! Finding a tool palette can also be hard when you have a lot of them open. You can see that they are open in the windows list but if you select the item it will turn off the item. What would be nice is to somehow flash or bring to front an item so you can locate it. These are minor things but I have noticed them over the years.

John

A great product that has not adapted to the times.

Reviewed on 11/02/2021

For decades, Adobe Illustrator served me well. In the beginning, it was the best. But Corel Draw eventually eclipsed it in features and ease-of-use. But as the standard that I had learned to use well and had grown with, I still gravitated to AI, for most projects.

But two things happened almost simultaneously that moved me away from AI.

First, Adobe went exclusively to a subscription model, meaning that I would no longer OWN my software, if I upgraded. FYI, I'm still on CS6, which I OWN. I have not and will not rent software, because of the possibility of being locked out of my software at a critical time, when I need it most.

The second reason is the release of Affinity Designer/Photo, which are the first fully functional products aimed at replacing Illustrator and Photoshop. Designer does virtually everything that Illustrator can do, does it for a whole lot less money, and I OWN IT. The only thing I have found that Affinity products won't do (yet), is pattern overlays in fx. But I'm sure that will be coming soon.

I used to be an Adobe evangelist. But today, I have become an Affinity evangelist and I barely use my CS6 Adobe Suite that has been relegated to a VMware partition, with an old version of MacOS, that I only use for archive files.

Adobe Illustrator used to be the standard and well deserved. That is no longer the case and also well deserved. They are over-priced, considering that other equivalent products now exist for a fraction of the cost.

Pros

Adobe Illustrator was the standard for years, before there was competition in this market. Then, even after Corel Draw came along, which was a better (5-star) product, Adobe managed to remain the standard, by continuing to be at least a very good product (4-star). It seems that being the standard means you don't have to be the best, but you must be very good and Illustrator was just that - very good.

Cons

Several features in Adobe Illustrator were poorly implemented. Though there were more than a few such issues, one that comes to mind is the ease of placing an image within another object, when using Corel Draw, as compared to the convoluted steps to do the same thing in AI.

But Adobe Illustrator lost me as a user, when Adobe went to a subscription base. It's not an issue of money. I have been willing to pay large sums of money, for the full suite of Adobe graphic/photo design tools, including Photoshop, Dreamweaver, Fireworks, and the now discontinued Flash (ActiveScript). My concern is that I can't afford to be told that I can't use my software now, because my fully paid-up subscription can't be confirmed on the server. That's exactly what could happen, if a hacker penetrated Adobe's license server and deleted or changed all the license files. Any number of other scenarios could have similar results. That's why I OWN my software.

Sure, a hacker could get into my system and cause damage. But I work behind two firewalls and I'm a very minor target for hackers. Adobe, by contrast, is so large that they're a prime target for hackers. They will be targeted by 10,000 hackers, before I'm attacked once. I'll take my chances with OWNED software on my system, rather than leave that security to a stranger, at a high-value target.

Besides, I can now to everything with Affinity Designer that I used to do with AI. It also costs less and I OWN it. Bye AI.

• Industry: Design

Illustrator's power is unmatched.

Reviewed on 21/12/2021

Overall Illustrator has been a critical part of my business. Without it there are many tasks that I would not be able to accomplish. Most larger agencies use it and share files in Illustrator's format so it's critical that I can open and work in those files without having to ask them to convert them and risk losing subtle design elements or flexibility.

Pros

Illustrator just keeps getting more powerful and more capable. It's so ubiquitous that if you don't use it you'll have a harder time collaborating with agencies across the planet as you produce art. There is practically nothing you can't do with it in terms of creating vector and hand drawn artwork and graphics.

Cons

Some of the interface handles are too small and it's difficult to grab them. I'd like to be able to make them any size I want. I use high resolution monitors and some elements are just tiny, no matter how good your eyes are. Other then that, I can't really find anything to be critical about. As with all software, there are functions that you'd probably implement differently if you were the developer, but it does everything I need and then some.

Steve
Steve

Quite simply, I could not design software without Adobe Illustrator.

Reviewed on 10/05/2018

I need the ability to create high-fidelity mockups in my job as a UX designer. Without Illustrator, I couldn't do my job.

Pros

Adobe Illustrator has been an evolving tool for so long that its checkered history is sometimes hard to remember. I was a die-hard Freehand user when Adobe acquired Macromedia, and I missed artboards to the point that I refused to use Illustrator. When they were added to the product in the CS3 or CS4 release, I reevaluated the tool, and I've used it almost daily since then. While nearly all of the Creative Suite/Creative Cloud applications have a steep learning curve, there is a multitude of videos and blogs and groups that can help you accomplish what you're trying to do in Illustrator. Because files are vectors, they're not nearly as large as Photoshop, making them ideal for use with high-res systems. Import of EPS, SVG, and other vectors is fantastic. Export to them and PDF is also great. Export for Screens is a great addition, making icon generation for iOS and Android excellent. The recent integration with Adobe XD gets me closer to a fantastic workflow in static wireframing to interactive prototyping than possible using other tools.

Cons

The sheer complexity of Illustrator is only exceeded by Photoshop or Premier in the Creative Cloud suite. There are so many different ways of accomplishing nearly the same thing that the results can be meaningfully different at scale or when other effects are applied. Adobe Illustrator files can be imported into Sketch, but Illustrator cannot import Sketch files, which is problematic as I do not use a Mac and often receive Sketch assets, requiring me to find someone with a Mac to download a Sketch trial to convert to EPS or PDF so I can use the assets in Sketch. Adobe was late to getting its UI to support high-density displays on Windows, so older version were nearly impossible to use as the menu and toolbars were so tiny that they were almost illegible. While Adobe has made great strides in solving this, it still doesn't feel like the tool is ready for touch displays, rather ironic for a product named "Illustrator." Feature integration with the Microsoft Surface line of tools is nice, but not easily explained by the product. When I want to know what things it can do with my Surface Book, for example, I always have to hit up YouTube to find someone to explain it to me.

Rabie
  • Industry: Design

The most effective program for producing vector graphics

Reviewed on 07/06/2023

There is a steep learning curve. Learning Illustrator was difficult for me as a self-taught designer because the two programs are so dissimilar. Although the tutorials are helpful, it is unrealistic to expect to create a design solely from them because it takes some time to get used to all the tools and functionalities. Since many of us don't need the entire Creative Suite and are only looking for a piece of software to whip up a quick design, which many other alternatives provide for free, pricing would be another issue, especially for freelancers and part-time designers.

Pros

Adobe Illustrator is a ground-breaking piece of graphic design software that has completely changed how designers approach their work. It offers designers of all skill levels a wide variety of adaptable tools and a user-friendly interface. It is an effective tool for designing intricate illustrations, logos, and typography because of its control and precision, as well as the way it seamlessly integrates with other Adobe Creative Cloud applications. The extensive library of resources included with the software, which also includes pre-built shapes and brushes, tutorials, and online communities, offers plenty of assistance and inspiration. Adobe Illustrator is a crucial tool that takes artistic endeavors to new heights thanks to its consistent updates and dedication to innovation. For both professionals and hobbyists, highly recommended.

Cons

It's really good software, but because of its complexity and limitations in photo editing compared to other professional programs like Photoshop Lightroom and Photoshop Express, using it can be challenging for a beginner in that field.

krishan
krishan

Whenever I thought to create any vector, Adobe illustrator is my priority tool to develop any...

Reviewed on 29/06/2018

I learnt a lot from adobe illustrator. It has become part of my life. I have created numerous designs using adobe illustratror. It give me idea of perspective. It gave me knowledge to enhance my graphics. It is the best software I have ever used for the purpose of graphic designing. I am earning my bread and butter using adobe illustratror. Thank you very much for adobe to develop such a nice software. I am using adobe illustrator in my organisation to create each design like logo design, pamphlet design, advertising design, card design etc. Everyone appreciate my work to create such nice designs, but I appreciate to illustrator to provide such nice functionality and tools to create these kind of designs.

Pros

Adobe illustrator is a fine software with Rich set of tools and functionality. It is best suited to develop 2d vector images, 3d vector images, logos, icons with very sharp and deep edges. Due to producing finest quality of vector, Adobe illustrator has become my first choice to make any 2d or 3d vector design.
There is variety of tools with ease of use them, which makes illustratror more adaptable to a user. I strongly recommend Adobe illustrator to web and print purpose graphics design. There are many other graphics tool available in the market but illustrator is something else it convert your imagination to reality in terms of graphics designing.

Cons

If I thought for CONS, then it will be really very difficult for me. But I would definitely say that there should be a training forum started from adobe who will teach to others, and there should be some kind of contents also be organised.
I know this is not a CONS for illustrator.
But this is what I thought to be done, otherwise everything is fine.

Darla
Darla

Not too difficult for a non-designer to figure out

Reviewed on 01/08/2018

Pros

I was thrown into using this software when I started at my current company four years ago. I had only ever used PhotoShop, and then only on very basic terms. For someone who is not a designer, Illustrator was daunting at first, but it is actually a fun program to work in, and I have enjoyed learning more about it as I've worked in it as a Content Strategist.

Our designers use it to create a broad spectrum of marketing pieces from logos to single-page print pieces to full website designs, and they are all stunning. The ability to combine design and content is perfect for marketing creatives as it allows us to collaborate on our work without having to work in separate software and then combine elements at the end.

The learning curve with Illustrator is easily overcome by Adobe's plethora of online tutorialsvideo and printas well as the wealth of knowledge from other creatives willing to help you learn your way around the program. Trial and error is also a great way to learn the program. Click around and see what happens because you never know what great effect you might figure out!

Cons

There is definitely a learning curve with this program, as there is with any program similar to this. If you want to create an effect or illustrate something, you'll need to look up some tutorials if you've not worked in Illustrator before. Luckily, Adobe is great with these kinds of tutorials. And if you're still struggling, ask the internet because someone out there probably knows and can help.

It also won't do everything you're looking to do. For instance, it just isn't PhotoShop. If you need to edit a photo before you place it, you're still going to want to do that in a program like PS because that is what that software is for. Illustrator just isn't for that. Adobe has compartmentalized its programs a bit, and this one is no exception.