Zoho Mail

Zoho Mail is a secure, encrypted, and enterprise-ready email

4.6/5
4.4/5
4.4/5
4.3/5

Sreejith

Best email solution for Startup

Reviewed on 25/06/2020

It's an years of trust and still going on! We never had any situation to contact the support for addressing any issue.

Pros

I am using Zoho Mail for years now and there was no issue at all. The mail delivery is good, less spam and can control everything at Control Panel.

Easy to use and configure for Admins in terms of management, Security features, multi-domain email hosting, Domain name striping (really good feature), Mobile App with basic management feature, Email Groups, SPAM control etc.

We haven't experienced any mail drops or mail reputation issue so far ( 3-4 years).

Another advantage with Zoho is the integration with other Zoho App and 3rd party applications.

Cons

Easy to use and easy to configure for admins.
It would be good if some more features are added in Zoho Mail Admin mobile app.

Google Workspace and Microsoft 365

Reasons for Switching to Zoho Mail

We were looking for a budget email service. Zoho was offering free email accounts for limited users without a duration limit. While other alternatives were for 30 days limit or only paid.
Syazwani

Good with organizing emails

Reviewed on 23/02/2021

Zoho Mail is better than my previous email hosting that my domain hosting has provided. There are option to access my mail from my mobile device, which i like very much and can access it from anywhere. There are also a tools to have a quick chat with my contact list.

Pros

Sending and receiving emails with Zoho Mail has never been a problem so far. Adding contact list in bulk is very possible and can work in multiple type of file format like .TXT and excel. Creating a template for my email like footnote and signature is easy and has many option like font style and color to customized it.

Cons

There are limited user that can be add for the domain, and will include more fees to add more user. Adding a domain is not easy as it should be, the MX records is not easily recognized by this software and keep showing error. There are no detailed manual to the problem that I face, and only after seeking support from the customer service the problem is fixed.

Gail
  • Industry: Performing Arts

Easy and reliable

Reviewed on 26/01/2023

Easy to use for several functions in our business and for other staff to use as well.

Pros

I love the "copy email address" option since I am logging in reservations

Cons

I haven't had time to explore all the applications. If I did, I'm sure I would use more of the system.

Vijay
  • Industry: Food & Beverages

Free Email sending application

Reviewed on 06/09/2022

Overall experience was good.

Pros

It's free to use. We can use it to send email to our friends, family members, friends and customer in which mail data is very low.

Cons

It has low storage data for its users. Therefore, we can not store more file on this. In this way our important files could not be remain save on this application.

MailBird

Reasons for Choosing Zoho Mail

Because i want such type of application which i can use for my personal use.

MailBird

Reasons for Switching to Zoho Mail

It's more easy to use and it's totally free.
Sakthi

Good email tool for best budget

Reviewed on 21/11/2022

Very good email service provider for small budget companies.

Pros

Zoho provides easy management console to manage business mail accounts.

Cons

Zoho improves and upgraded user expectations.

Google Workspace and Microsoft 365

Reasons for Switching to Zoho Mail

Budget friendly product for small scale industries.
  • Industry: Insurance

Watch out gmail!

Reviewed on 26/04/2022

Pros

Very easy to navigate, especially if you are coming from gmail. Sending limits are double what gmail are which is why i use it.

Cons

While integration and ease of use not quite where it needs to be with the competition that is onw thing that i have found has hindered when operating.

iCloud

Reasons for Choosing Zoho Mail

Seeing what else is out there for the benefit of the company

Gmail

Reasons for Switching to Zoho Mail

Had used zoho crm in the past and decided to give it a try.
Evelyn
  • Industry: Entertainment

Great option for work email

Reviewed on 23/07/2022

Pros

The amount of storage is really generous for the price it offers. It got many collaboration tools and also great security controls to stay safe.

Cons

At the beggining the navigation can be confusing, specially when you come from common mail workspaces. But besides that all the features are great it only needs a little bit of time and use to get used to it.

Waleed

Accessible, user-friendly, and extremely customizable

Reviewed on 19/12/2022

Pros

Customization options, features available on the free version

Cons

Multiple logins from the same browser is offered by the competitors but Zoho requires logging out of one mailbox to access the second mailbox.

Md

Zoho Mail Suit

Reviewed on 13/12/2022

Excellent product in low price range. It's email suit is very good. We are using it from past one year.

Valisa

Great for Nonprofits

Reviewed on 04/01/2023

Being a nonprofit, we can not afford to spend on what other companies charge for .org email addresses. We are small so using only 4 emails is enough for us.

Pros

Zoho mail is easy to set up, easy to use and navigate.

Cons

It works for what we need it for. We tried other products, but we did not have the time to learn how to work the software properly.

Great alternative to G-Suite for small businesses

Reviewed on 04/02/2021

I originally tried G-Suite in my organisation. While its powerful and well-known, I found it way too complex to install and manage in a very small organisation. Its seemed needlessly complex and required expertise to administer. I cancelled and tried Zoho and never looked back. I find it simpler and more suited to a small business. And the apps that come bundled in are a big bonus.

Pros

Its simple and easy to use and the the support desk has been great on the few occasions I needed it. There are a bunch of good apps that come bundled-in with the Zoho mail. Its also cheap, dependable and affordable.

Cons

My password manager doesn't always work too well on the login screen. But thats picking hairs a bit!

Reasons for Choosing Zoho Mail

G Suite was very complicated and required a lot of work to set up. I found Zoho way more friendly and easy to use.

Reasons for Switching to Zoho Mail

Easier to work with, cheaper, not owned by Google.

Meant for Startups and upto Medium Scale Business Mainly

Reviewed on 10/08/2019

The branding of the company and reputation as premium is what established via use of Zoho Mail. It is a very important factor in creating a trusted image among potential clients. In fact, it does maintain a reputation with ease of access at the companies end.

Pros

Ability to scale up and work as a team is the most approaching benefit of Zoho Mail.

further to it, on use I did find:

1. The Administrator can be a team and not just one person.
2. Role set up and Employee Addition, even with custom roles are very helpful for medium scale enterprises.
3. Has a good ability to make a company-wide policy for better implementation of compliances and related kinds of stuff without hassles.
4. The advanced and simple mode selection also helps for quite a good lot of employees.
5. The email authenticity details in every email are quite a helpful feature that will save a life from spams not available in Gsuite and likewise applications to extend Zoho has.

Cons

The Cost expenses of running full premium features are a setback to most of micro and nano scale enterprises. The Company does provide good lot feature even at free of cost but the overall pricing deters such enterprises to buy paid plans, thus reducing the inflow of such paid customers.

The privacy policies of companies present a loophole of the ability of admin to peek in an employee's email. It is like a sword with two edges, both beneficial and destructive too.

Reasons for Switching to Zoho Mail

The price factor and reliability factor were crucial in selection. But ease of access and trust issues were the factors that narrowed down the search. The value for money makes it win win situation.

Great email service that links easily to the rest of the Zoho suite.

Reviewed on 07/10/2022

It is an excellent email service for business or home users who don't need a full Exchange server, Office365 system etc. It has plenty of storage space so that you dont have to keep deleting emails or having the risk of not being able to send or receive a critical set of mails because you have ran out of space. There are plenty of upgrade paths at a reasonable figure per month so that it can grow if you need to expand without having to switch to another company.

Pros

The email service has a very generous mailbox size and a lot of features even in the free version. The webmail works very well and the apps you can download for your mobile devices seem to perform with no glitches so far. It has all of the features you expect from an email service including standard email, calendar, tasks, contacts etc and the webmail even has a handy Remote Work feature that allows you to clock in and out and log the time you are spending on a task. It has the usual software programs for Mac, Windows and Linux so you dont need to purchase a dedicated email program to send and receive your email.

Cons

The calendar feature does not work in the webmail section when on an iPad outside of the normal app.

Gmail and MyWebsite

Reasons for Switching to Zoho Mail

We use a lot of their services and they work so well together that it was an obvious choice to use their email as well.
Habibah
  • Company size: 1,001-5,000 Employees

Best to manage domain email

Reviewed on 11/05/2021

Zoho mail is very reliable and the server uptime is 99.9% which is the first feature that i am looking while choosing the email management software. I use it for daily use and it is critical for me to have an email management that is always online. The price scheme is also not too expensive and i can afford it.

Pros

Zoho mail is very complete in the feature that they provide, it has an option to recovering back all the email attachment even after i have mistakenly deleted the email. It is very useful for me as i sometimes mistakenly deleting an important email when trying to clearing up my email inbox. The spam blocker also work pretty well.

Cons

Adding and setting a new email domain with this software is very hard and confusing for the first time i am trying to do it. It keep showing error and can not correctly even after i am following the instruction that they provide in the manual. Thanks to the customer support, i can connect it with my domain after a few times.

Dakota

Inexpensive Mail Solution

Reviewed on 25/12/2021

My overall experience integrating and using Zoho Mail was good. The support was a little slow when I had issues but answered any questions I had fully. Since we have a simple use case the limitations weren't a big issue but they may limit us going into the future.

Pros

Integrating Zoho Mail into our simple use case was fairly easy. We required a way to send and receive email under our own custom email and Zoho allowed us to do that. They provid the IMAP/POP3 protocols so we could send and receive email without having to switch from Gmail.

Cons

I didn't like that I would have to purchase more email accounts to setup extra inboxes. We needed this service to replace the email service offered by a shared web hoster which allowed us to create unlimited accounts as long as we didn't exceed our storage limit, so it was a difficult limitation to get used to.

Sendinblue and SendGrid

Reasons for Choosing Zoho Mail

We moved away from shared web hosting but didn't want to self-host our own email server, so we decided on Zoho Email as it was inexpensive and fit our current use case.

Reasons for Switching to Zoho Mail

Other email solutions were either too complicated, too expensive, or targeted towards mailing lists rather than simple communications like we needed. Zoho Mail didn't require us to pay extra for many featured we would never have a use for.
Norzihan
  • Company size: 5,001-10,000 Employees

Quite good with email management tools

Reviewed on 12/02/2021

I have use Zoho Mail for managing my domain email, setting it up is really easy as there are many guides and manual provided by this software to make it work. Up for 5 business email id is free to register and that is enough for me for my own domain without having to pay for its premium plan and i really happy to be able using it for free but with premium feature.

Pros

Zoho Mail is one of the top software that has good tools that offer a free email management, also for managing business email. I really like that i can customized and editing keyword for the spam filters, so the legit email coming from legit business email address can be white-flag and landing to my primary inbox.

Cons

Mobile application for Zoho Mail is less responsive unlike the desktop application. It just won't automatically synchronized my emails and i need to manually refresh the application for it to start showing my new emails. I don't know if it is the problem with my smartphone or it just won't work.

Binny
  • Industry: Civil Engineering

Best support with resilient performance only from Zoho!

Reviewed on 07/05/2022

My university uses Zoho suite of services instead of Google, it is very cost effective and handy, It comes with mobile app and also a authentication app, so that we don't have to remember the passwords any more. IT admin person set it up in our phone and we can use it even from my gmail application. It is very handy and I have no question to rise in terms of privacy. I loved this product.

Pros

I personally loved the feature of notification that we get when the inbox emails are left to reply. This adds another level of security so that we don't miss on any update. We also get feature of schedule email, which makes customer work very easy. Also, the best feature of Zoho is that the email sent from here are never going in spam at receiver's end. So it shows how reliable Zoho Mail is. Instant chat feature is not much used by me, but is very useful.

Cons

There are no such cons, but the dark theme is very dark, like the buttons and functions looks like neon colour, It catches eye. The UI should be subtle in dark mode so that night vision is not obstructed. But there are no complaints when I see from security point of view.

Excellent for managing multiple email addresses

Reviewed on 19/05/2022

I love Zoho Mail. Before I found it, I had lots of trouble managing multiple email accounts on a few different computers.

Pros

I can make several different email addresses very easily with Zoho Mail. Gmail limits you to five email addresses in one account, but I manage much more than that with Zoho. I can access it from any computer or from my phone. I've been using it for about 7 years I think, and it has made a huge difference in my business.

Cons

Zoho Mail can do so much that it can be a little difficult to set certain things up because there are so many different settings. A few times I've had trouble with something that I thought shouldn't be that complicated. But thankfully Zoho's support is good and they've helped with any questions I've had.

Maisarah
  • Company size: 1,001-5,000 Employees

Best for personal and business email management

Reviewed on 05/03/2021

Zoho Mail is a good software for a basic email usage like sending and receiving email or storing an email.

Pros

Hosting a business email with Zoho Mail is very affordable and they also offers a very good tools to managing the admin area and tools to filter the spam email from flooding my primary email folder. Great security comes with this service and feel secure suing this service.

Cons

Zoho Mail is on the lightweight categorize in term of email service software. There are no option to build a landing site from this software unlike other email services like Gmail.

Noorhidayu

Manage several email account from one platform

Reviewed on 28/05/2021

Pros

I really like most of the feature that Zoho Mail has provided, especially when i can use it to managing my own email domain name and using this software to setting it up. Zoho Mail also compatible and can easily integrated with other Zoho ecosystem software like Zoho Storage and Zoho Forms.

Cons

This software is not easy to use or to setting up a new email hosting with it especially for a novice user. Too many steps involved to setting up a somethings simple. The application for mobile device is also not too responsive unlike the web browser version.

• Industry: Graphic Design

Email Hosting in Constant Revamp Mode

Reviewed on 03/04/2019

Since I am an active user and recommend this to my clients, I would defintiely say it's worth it, despite the spam stuff. Junk mail will be a pain no matter what.

The interface is pleasing and I do notice they are constantly working to make improvements and updating things

Pros

I use this daily and it's great. It is totally separate from my website hosting email and with a few settings on the server & on my domain registrar, my mail was set up. I use it on my local computer/devices OR I can also login and manage email on the web. I set up folders, filters, blacklist/whitelists, and love that I can create an alias email to give out if I don't want someone to have the private email.

Their support is good, despite taking a few days to get a response sometimes, but they are very friendly and always want to help you solve your problem. A few times, i've gotten phone calls and they've accessed my screen to help me troubleshoot an issue they aren't able to replicate which is miles above other support services these days.

If you choose, you can also use several other features like their contacts manager, calendar, tasks, and several other Zoho branded products (some free, some not).

It's straightforward and basic but to be clear: this is not a replacement for the mail system hyou use on your comptuer... it is an email HOSTING service = where your emails are stored. You still need to use an app on your computer/device to send/receive messages.

HUGE Pro: move to a new web host is a. All I need to do is change a few MX records at my domain registar, I never have to worry about losing email. The steps involved "may" require help but not hard to do.

You can set up a spam management system to either allow, bounce or quarantine msgs.

Cons

It seems like my email sometimes appears to be offline in my computer mail app. It's usually brief but it happens. The more recent setup for anti-spoofing settings were a pain in the butt to set up and I had to contact support for help b/c their instructions were wrong (but, like I said, they did help me and were eager to please).

The spam filtering feels limiting. I can only block emails/ domains. I wish I could add a spam filter based on subjects, keywords or phrases to swipe them in one action. The type of spam that we seem to get with the same topic yet comes from infinite number of addresses makes it a huge pain to manage. You have to login, go to your Control Panel & add the addresses/domains to the blacklist. If I could do this based on the subject line or keywords, I'd have to do this less often. I drown in emails & too many still get through (even if in my Junk folder), I don't want to ever see them.

Then, I seem to get a lot of false negatives. Legitimate people sometimes do not get through & again, need to check the spam settings, add them to the main whitelist & check the quarantine folder. These are more recent changes but it's increasing the time I spend, instead of reducing.

Ernesto Enrique

The real best alternative for corporate mail

Reviewed on 22/07/2019

My experience with Zoho Mail has been great, with it I can review all my emails from my company as if it were any other famous email platform.

Pros

I could write for hours the benefits of Zoho Mail and why I like it so much.

I'll start by mentioning the user interface, it's one of the best I've tried and has nothing to envy of its competition. It has all the options that one looks for in mail, attaching files has never been so easy and the best thing of all is that it has a section where all the files that you have sent or received.

It has excellent applications for smartphones, which allow you to check your mail and have great quality, work perfectly. Also applications to manage users and configurations.

Simply the best option for small and large companies to host corporate emails.

Cons

I like all of Zoho Mail, I did not like the interface very much but a year ago they updated it and now it looks spectacular.

Jem
  • Industry: Media Production

Underrated piece of software, with generous options for small businesses

Reviewed on 01/06/2019

Zoho has been one of the best choices we've made with our business so far, in that it provides a high-end product for a free or extremely reasonable price point. It's allowed us to professionalise our output from day one, and has a full suite of tools which you would need. I would recommend this to anyone looking to start out.

Pros

• For small businesses of up to 10 users, Zoho offers a free option, which isn't limited by time frame. This has been a real game-changer for us to be able to access these kinds of tools for free.
• The software has all of the features you'd expect, but also a lot of tools which are really useful for me as a start-up owner - for example, the ability to be able to schedule mail ahead of time.
• The app has been vastly improved recently, looking much cleaner, with several customisation options.
• I've rarely had cause to interact with the customer service team, but when ringing up on the phone, I get straight through and they're able to give me a solution fairly quickly.

Cons

• There isn't yet the ability to manage multiple domain names in one account, which would be a feature I'd like to see.
• There have been occasional periods of downtime, however, this has been only a few times in the last few years.
• When I first opened the account, I did have some problems with emails sent out going into spam, but the team have now provided some comprehensive steps on opening an account on how to avoid this.

Dennis

How can anyone go wrong with exceptional service and support? After all, it's FREE.

Reviewed on 29/04/2016

Have utilized Zoho for a few years now. Found it available as an alternative to gmail with concerns for privacy and available support. Even though back in those times Zoho did not offer any mobile apps, I found Zoho to be be of a great value and strong potential to build a great value proposition to their users. And... My expectations came to fruition. Zoho has not let me down.

Today I had to find out why one of my messages (an important one, if I may add) was not delivered to a recipient. I copied the subject, time stamp, "to" credentials and sent it to [email protected] 12 hours later I received a thoughtful and thorough explanations (with visual data backing-up) on why my e-mail WAS delivered, but recipients server filtering out and deleting it through their spam protection. Steps were offered to remedy such instance not to happen in the future. I was "floored..."

Today I have noticed that their Android and iPhone apps are present and function very well. Integration with mail clients is a breeze to configure. "Cloud" and support of such is available and we have no issues using it.

Overall, I'm impressed with Zoho and their growing pains are very limited. From user perspective - I have not noticed any hurdles or bugs or goofy approaches to simplified mail service approach. Their new e-mail interface was not pushed onto me, but suggested to use. Still not sure if I like it and the option to revert to "old" and proven interface is still there for me in case I change my mind.

How can anyone go wrong with such service if it is FREE, I thought?! When I'm asked to provide my e-mail, I proudly spell out "@-Z-O-H-O.com" and questions follow - "What is Zoho?" My typical answer is - "One of my best kept secrets..."

I was one of the first to sign-up with gmail and am glad I discovered Zoho to be one of their first users as well. Give them a try - they are working out their support streamline and response SLAs are acceptable.

Pros

Free
Short support SLAs
Android, iPhon apps
Ability to scale up or down in pricing depending on your needs
Stable mail platform
Courteous and Polite associates
Cloud storage
Many options for businesses for paid and free accounts

Cons

None that I have found so far

Nour

For task management and remote work, the finest cloud service provider

Reviewed on 22/02/2022

With the help of Zoho Mail, I no longer have to waste time downloading files or reading pointless emails; instead, my coworkers simply tell me of the changes they need to make and then share those changes with me so I can finish the task at hand. We can now readily exchange data between our team members whenever we are signed into our email accounts, which saves us a significant amount of time and money.

Pros

Since we can now access all the tools we require to do our work from a single account, Zoho Mail has allowed us to work and collaborate with the rest of the team more effectively. In addition to using the same services as personal Zoho Mail and team member protector, owning Zoho Mail has enhanced communication amongst us and removed hurdles when traveling between applications. Everyone on your team has access to all of your data in the cloud as soon as you log in to your email account, making it the greatest cloud storage partner. Using the same data and saving and sharing changes has never been easier.

Cons

There's nothing undesirable, Zoho Mail is a pleasure to use, the membership fee is affordable, and you can rest easy knowing that your personal information is secure with Zoho.