User.com

The engine of growth. An all in one solution for user data.

4.6/5
4.6/5
4.3/5
4.8/5

Jakub N.
  • Company size: 501-1,000 Employees

Magnificent support, and a good product

Reviewed on 11/03/2021

I was truly satisfied we chose User.com. It wasn't easy to learn, but it was a profitable investment. Make sure you share your know-how with your team so that you're not the only one who understands what's going on under the hood.

Pros

Well, it's their support. I had to spend dozens of hours configuring it and creating well-working automation rules. At that time, I had lots of questions. Too often I heard "it's not possible at the moment", but many times I got five-star assistance, including some extra debugging and programming tips.
But in fact, the tool itself does its job very well and if I had to choose the app for marketing automation, I would probably pick User.com again. It has many useful features, they are working perfectly.

Cons

It has a quite steep learning curve, so you need to invest some time first to learn what you can and what you can't do. It lacks of some basic functions, like subscription management for email subscribers; it also does not let you copy and paste automation blocks, so you often have click, and click, and click…

ActiveCampaign

Reasons for Choosing User.com

We needed something more focused on marketing automation. We also wanted to be able to send web push notifications.

GetResponse

Reasons for Switching to User.com

We got convinced by pricing and the set of functions.
Kyrylo T.

Proactive support team

Reviewed on 23/10/2020

Pros

Feature-rich software with great automation potential and superb support team. I was impressed when their customer success officer noticed a technical mistake in my automation setup, notified me, and fixed the issue before it messed up my email campaign.

Cons

User.com automation may be difficult to configure as you need to plan the whole flow ahead. It's not as intuitive as on Intercom, but it can automate more processes in your team and provide you with more insight into the relations with your customers and users.

Response from User.com

Highly appreciate your review and your thoughts about our product Kyrylo including working together on a case study!

It has been fantastic to hear your thoughts and feedback about how you're able to use the platform to save so much time!

Mariusz S.

Myshop

Reviewed on 28/06/2021

Non

Pros

It is very useful and helps us to provide business

Cons

Integration with mobile phone

Piotr M.
  • Industry: Leisure, Travel & Tourism

Valuable software with many useful features

Reviewed on 11/09/2020

Pros

User.com is easy to use and what we like most is the way they show the whole chain of sales opportunities + good customer contact and many features included like chat, provides us with 5 star experience.

Cons

Everything seems working well, however we're awaiting for even more automation stuff.

Ruud S.

Good chatting tool

Reviewed on 01/09/2017

Customer Interaction.

Pros

The trigger messages and the chatting tool features. Also, the layout of the chat option on the website looks cool!

Cons

The newsletter template tool doesn't work very convenient. Mailchimp is way better for that, so we design them there and export to HTML.

Michał W.

Straightforward software

Reviewed on 30/11/2016

It’s quite easy to use, so you get the hang of it pretty fast. In my case ( Wordpress website) I could connect via a plugin so that wasn’t troubling. The features to me are more than enough. I focused on personalized chat messages and behaviour triggered mailing and that is something UserEngage does very well. As an alternative to live chat it’s like 10/10, as alternative to mailing service i’d say 8,5/10, but having everything in one place with user tracking data is just more handy.

Pros

simplicity, quick implementation, handy support team

Cons

sometimes it’s loading pretty slow

Chris ..

Great Value

Reviewed on 08/09/2016

The app works ok and customer support is helpful when bugs or issues come up. Might not be as well designed as intercom but that's not a problem when you figure it out

Response from UserEngage

That's right, the software is a bit rough, but our policy is to give back with extended functions and support :)

Hannah W.

Great software with excellent UI

Reviewed on 25/09/2017

Pros

I'm a fan -- their WordPress integration is great and is able to pick up on user signups automatically. UserEngage has great UI and so I was able to get up and running right away with no problems. If you're a business and looking to communicate with visitors and customers, you should give it a try.

Rafal O.
  • Industry: Consumer Services

Flexible and responsive

Reviewed on 24/08/2016

We're using UserEngage with a small team of two. While you might sometimes need to lurk around to find a specific feature, everything's there. It's a real Swiss army knife of chat & marketing, and the customer service the team provides the icing on the cake.

Pros

Customer service, customization, robustness without sacrificing light weight.

Cons

Certain features/functions are less visible/hard to find.

Response from UserEngage

Thanks Rafal! We'll do our best to make the functions more visible.

Easy to use and easy to deploy!

Reviewed on 23/08/2020

Pros

Visual Sales Pipeline
Analytics & User Segmentation
Live Chat
Calendar Integration
Multiple languages supported

Cons

I look forward to seeing what additional functionality and integrations they add in the near future

Vanessa D.
  • Industry: Design
  • Used Weekly for Free Trial

Your One Stop Marketing and Management Tool!

Reviewed on 28/12/2020

Pros

So thankful for this tool as it was a huge help in management thus saving a lot of time. Its marketing features are so easy to use and really do the job. I wish I could have discovered this tool sooner. :)

Cons

I'm continuously exploring the other features of User.com and I'm overall happy so far!

Bartosz G.

Easy growth hacking

Reviewed on 02/12/2016

Easy growth hacking
If you are into growth hacking this is something for you. The API is great: you can connect it with apps, crawlers or fb campaigns. Really do some serious growth sorcery.
It saves tons of work with SQL, managing database and automation. It has some fairly robust forms and pop-ups mechanisms. API docs are well written and updated, no problems with that. Devs answer live chat queries which is rather rare and you don’t end up talking about API with the marketing guy.

Pros

- well written api docs and tech support
- does the boring stuff for you
- nicely plays with other apps

Cons

exports and imports go slow, especially from Intercom

Software with a lot of potential but significant number of errors

Reviewed on 10/03/2018

Pros

It surely offers a lot of functions - chat, email campaigns, CRM, marketing automations. It has potential to became an all-in-one platform. Support team, yep, UserEnagages support is AWESOME. Other companies could learn from them.

Cons

UX is simply TERRIBLE, to tell the truth it took me a lot of time to get around some features like sending email campaigns. Mobile app is almost non-functional, so it is safer to assume that there is no mobile app. Web app is SLOW, terribly slow. Chat has a lot of bugs, sometimes it is hard to get ahold which conversation is new.

Response from User.com

Thanks for the feedback!

Over the last two years, we've made vast improvements to UX, mobile, fixing bugs, and speeding up the entire database to make functionality and usability key for our users.

We would love to invite you back to check the software and see what we've done since you last used it. Thanks!

Arnoldas R.

Just do what intend to very well

Reviewed on 23/11/2017

Pros

Many functions, that usual doing several tools, do very good and reason why most value provide - all connected and managed as one system. And value is great. Just compare how much usually have to pay for separate tools: for chat, for email marketing automation, for popups, for user help system,.... In many replicates what Intercom do. And do it, must say , well. I like support too. Quick enough (at least in Europe time zone, do not know how in other zones).

Cons

Was some bugs in the older version that sometimes made me mad. User filtering sometimes not worked. But all that was solved in the new version and added some great new features.

Monika S.

Some fedback

Reviewed on 24/08/2016

Hey. Wanted to share my quick feedback about userengage experience. Actually, the idea is cool, guys, your customer service is awesome, after few days i've already understood how to use the main functions, love testing your actions everyday. It needs to be more functionable, but the idea is great.

Pros

Customer support is pretty quick! Nobody wants to waste their time for waiting answers. I hate asking something from Customer support service, cause almost all of them are not answering at all or it took ages waiting, but you made me change my thoughts, Bravo)) Love design, that everything in right place

Cons

i took a look at some Youtube videos on your channel, good idea, it's better for me to actually SEE your functions in action without explaining in chat.
and there was some difficulties with building the ACTIONS, need more time to analyse it deeper.

Response from UserEngage

Thank you for your feedback! Appreciated!

Intelligent Automation that is easy to use

Reviewed on 06/06/2019

Pros

The automation features within User are fantastic. We currently use it within our cloud-based SAAS product and it is just amazing. Triggering context relevant help and prompts to make sure our users get the assistance they need, when they need it. And really easy to set up, including setting up the filtering and A/B roadmaps.

Cons

The only real downside to User is the alerts on the chat. Personally, I like quite a persistent or at least obvious notification. This might not be true from everyone, but I often worry that I will miss a chat because I didn't hear the alert or it wasn't obvious enough.

As I say, small downside and probably a very personal preference.

Response from User.com

Thanks for the kind words and positive feedback on our software.

Intuitive and powerful

Reviewed on 11/09/2020

I am very pleased with the product. Would highly recommend it to anyone looking to automate marketing to push users into the right path

Pros

I really liked how fresh and inviting their design is. Their onboarding experience is very nice and set you up to start taking advantage of the platform rather quickly

Cons

I wish their email builder was available on lower-tiered plans

Response from User.com

Thanks for your feedback! Glad to have you using User.com!

Volkan O.

Bad customer support, administration and misleading information

Reviewed on 01/04/2018

Pros

I like to use real-time chat and lead generation tools. I can see all visitors on the admin panel and their countries.

Cons

They have bad customer support and administration. I applied a free plan some years ago and when I was applying, it was written it's lifetime free. But later they removed free plan and I see a message on the admin panel that is "Time to pay". I told it's not a good approach to say "Time to pay" but they don't understand. It was misleading because the free plan should be continued but it wasn't. Yesterday, I've got an email from them, it's written I have 0 new customers... like that. I logged in the admin panel and I still couldn't use any functionality but "time to pay" text was gone (good move). I wanted to delete my account but I couldn't reach settings page. I need to apply a plan to reach settings page in the admin panel. I used real-chat and wrote that "please delete my account" but I still have an account and they didn't delete my account yet. I hope they delete my account and they never contact me anymore.

Aleks B.

Awesome Customer Messaging Platform

Reviewed on 10/01/2017

Our company were using Intercom for 1.5 years. However, as one of our team members found UserEngage, it become more obviously that Intercom is way too expensive, and UserEngage is a great alternative. Maybe they don't have 100% functionality what Intercom has, however, they do have most improtant things. Also, they're different. With much stronger base in MARKETING AUTOMATION.

Pros

Covers most needs for customer messaging

Cons

Some minor software bugs. Which is understandable, because the startup is new

Response from UserEngage

Thank you Alex! It's great to know you appreciate the automation capabilities of UserEngage.

Izabela H.

Great all-in-one sales and marketing automation tool

Reviewed on 11/12/2020

We are using User.com to welcome, onboard, support and reengage our users and customers.

It's pretty easy-to-use, therefore we were able to save up time to do other tasks.

I am amazed by the fact, that this tool was able to help us simplify our daily task enormously.

Pros

I just simply love tools that make my life easier! And user.com is definitely one of them! I have everything that I need in one place, and that allows our team to be more organized and user-oriented. We can now focus our energy and resources on our customers, instead of running between different tools and trying to find data. I can definitely recommend this to any sales/marketing/customer success teams - user.com is safe, gdpr compliant, affordable and easy to learn and to use.

Cons

Just two extra features in 'Conversations' and it would be ideal:

- possibility to search previous chats by keywords

- would be great if Grammarly could work in the chat (to prevent mistypes in real-time)

Intercom

Reasons for Switching to User.com

Transparent pricing and full GDPR compliance

Response from User.com

Thanks so much for your thoughts and review Isabela! It's an absolute pleasure to have you as a customer and work together with you and your team at Bouncer!

• Industry: Accounting

Great software with excellent customer service

Reviewed on 20/07/2021

I'm really content with using User.com, marketing automation and email marketing work really well. Software is easy to use, but if you can't do something by yourself their customer service is always happy to help.

Pros

User.com is really easy to use and have a lot of features. Marketing automation works really well and have great capabilities. Implementation is really easy and onboarding is great.

Cons

There could be more nice-looking templates to build emails and pop-ups.

ActiveCampaign, Freshservice and HubSpot CRM

Reasons for Choosing User.com

Because marketing automation works better in User.com

ActiveCampaign

Reasons for Switching to User.com

I think it's the best price-quality ratio.
Marcin J.
  • Industry: Automotive

Marketing machine that can boost your effectiveness with no need of IT team

Reviewed on 10/04/2020

Pros

If you know basics of Google Tag Manager, User.com is a very flexible tool that can broaden your range of possibilities when it comes to marketing efforts. For marketing teams in startups, it's a great way to do more things without waiting for IT team to do it for you.

Cons

Some features aren't so flexible as they could be.

Response from User.com

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us this amazing review. It's a pleasure to work together with you.

Anna O.
  • Used Daily for Free Trial

A full-stack marketing automation tool

Reviewed on 20/07/2020

Pros

User.com is an all-in-one tool that is great to collect all data about each website visitor. It helps you automate segmentation and personalize communication. I really like that I can have all in one place: emails, live chat, call center, text messages, pop-ups, push notifications, and even dynamic page content. They have a great CRM that saves time by doing all the repetitive tasks. Report modules let you have full control over the team's performance. Thanks to this tool you can provide fast and automated support on your website.
- their support is awesome! They help to solve problems immediately

Cons

Nothing to dislike at the moment, if something appears, I will get back to this review.

Happy client

Reviewed on 02/12/2016

I am a user since the early beta so we’ve seen the progress of the app. It’s collosal. They do titanic work in development.

Right now we use it for A/B testing, automatic live chat, pop-ups and forms.

If you like tweaking with conversion it should do. It gathers lots of data to play with. Once you master the tool it does miracles
I guess it’s a strong standard for marketing automation.
reaaaaly cheap as for something this complex.

Dina V.
  • Industry: Hospitality

UserEngage experience

Reviewed on 08/09/2016

I needed tool which would help me to communicate with my customers, plus create marketing campaigns. Basically I got a lot of cold emails, but never understand how it works. User Engage by being so easy, help me to track what visitors really want and likes. Thanks a lot for being helpful!

Pros

Modern look ,
cool feature actions: I build my own marketing campaign, it's awesome ! they have a lot of different features as a live chat, actions.. they are very friendly, and they adding updates which are very useful! The among of people tracking in their plan so big so I thought has there is a trick, but no!

Cons

some bugs, still under development, it's happens that some part of app stop working. but the issues was fixed very fast.

Response from UserEngage

Thanks Dina, awesome the tool is working well for you :) We're working our socks off to have all the bugs fixed immediately!