PurelyHR

Powerful modular software for your everyday HR

4.6/5
4.3/5
4.5/5
4.6/5

• Industry: Human Resources

Great Program

Reviewed on 20/07/2015

This program has been great for our small non-profit organization. Easy access for all levels of users. We were doing paper copies of timesheets before and now are able to completely scrap this. Great for our bottom line and for the environment.

Pros

Customer support was fantastic.
Easy access.
Banked time feature worked fantastically.
Audit function has been useful at tracking every step and submission.

Cons

Wish there was a way for users to see when banked time is pending approval.
A pre-made training program for staff would be helpful. I made this program up myself, but having a standardized program would have saved a lot of time.

Response from Ironflow Technologies Inc.

Thank you for your review, we truly appreciate your feedback!

We are glad that you found a better path now with our online solution versus the paper documents. We are also happy you enjoyed the support we provided. This area is very important to us, since we want to ensure we deliver the best experience to all of our customers.

As for your concerns about the bank time pending approvals, we've notified our support team which will gladly assist you in finding a solution. For the training programs, we have a guide ready for you and your team that will help them get familiar with the system. Simply contact our support team and they will provide you with everything you need.

You can reach our support staff by:
Phone : (506) 854-6557
Monday - Friday, 8:00 a.m. - 6:00 p.m.
By Email : [email protected]
Monday - Saturday, 8:00 a.m. - 9:00 p.m.

We hope that you find this helpful and we wish you all the best!

Time-Off Manager Team

MaryAnn
  • Industry: Consumer Goods

Simple yet in-depth

Reviewed on 21/05/2019

I find PurelyHR to be a huge time saver and it gives employees the autonomy for their time off requests. It's a great tracking tool for absenteeism and just general information, like work anniversaries and birthdays. I recommend this software highly.

Pros

I like the different options for admin to share with employees as well as all the reports you can create. It is also very easy to put in time off and I like the calendar share so at a glance everyone can see who is off. I also like being able to code my different departments. There are many many things I like so I can't say that I like something the MOST, I like it all!

Cons

I don't like not being able to edit at times after someone has put in a time off request, especially if it is for multiple days. I find it easier to just delete the original and start over.

Response from Ironflow Technologies

THANK YOU!! We are very happy that PurelyHR was able to help you and your team!

We have definitely shared your concerns with our development team.

Thank you for spending a minute to leave such a kind review for us and we are here to help with any questions, concerns or issues that you may run into.

Thank you again!

Trent
  • Used Daily for Free Trial

PurelyHR: Time-Off Review

Reviewed on 24/07/2019

The experience was poor as if lacked many features and was overpriced compared to other software and ultimately went a different direction.

Pros

The only thing that was good about the product was that you were allowed a 60 day trial period to test the product out before committing financially long-term.

Cons

The software lacked most of what our organization needed in regards to how we approach time off.

Clock PMS
Spencer

Take time to get it all set up but then it has saved us a tremendous amount of time in admin...

Reviewed on 14/03/2018

The ease of keeping track of how many days employees get off and when they take it off and why. Admin made much quicker and easier. Streamlined the whole Paid Time off process. It automatically gives days each year on their hire date.

Pros

The automation in approving time off is great! It really makes things easy and you can make it so there are a set of people that each need to approve in a certain order and then it can also email other people that arent approving it. Which info's people that need to know with the data of whats going on.

Cons

There is a limit in how much data you can put in your time off request comments. This is frustrating because we require each employee to list out all their functions and how they are going to have the covered while they are gone but it isn't long enough for some positions. However, we have a workaround and I hope they fix this soonish.

Response from Ironflow Technologies

Hi Spencer,
We, first want to say THANK YOU for submitting a review to us. We truly appreciate all the feedback you can provide to us. We have since asked our service team to reach out to you to determine what we can do to possibly work on a solution for the con that you've listed.

The PurelyHR team

Annette
  • Industry: Consumer Goods

Great System

Reviewed on 25/01/2019

No more chasing of papers, following up on requests. Approval by the manager is immediately accessible for payroll. Great to be able to see at a glance who is in/out of the office. Has been a key component in implementing our 'work from remote' program.

Pros

Ease of use for employees, very friendly interface. Plenty of depth for recording information beyond just time & attendance which was our primary motivator. Integration with Outlook and Google calendars is a time saver. LOTS of reporting capabilities.

Cons

Set up can be a bit confusing, still not sure we have everything set up quite right. Managers were a bit reluctant initially (but came on board once they realized the visibility the system gives them).

Response from Ironflow Technologies

Hi Annette,

We wanted to thank you for this very detailed and thoughtful review.

We are happy to hear that PurelyHR helped improve visibility for your managers and implement your "work from home" program.

Our success team is always available to review the way your policies are set up if you have questions or concerns. Reach out to us anytime. We'd love to help.

Thanks again for the review.

Best,

Isabella
  • Industry: Management Consulting

Purely HR - Time off manager

Reviewed on 04/04/2019

Made my life so much easier in terms of staff time off and managing my own time off

Pros

This site has really helped me keep track of which of my staff are taking time off and when, it allows me to look at an overall callender and see who will be working when and I dont have to make notes or think about it. It also lets me approve or not approve time off and adds the approved time off to my google calendar! Its genius!

Cons

There's nothing I don't like about it. If I had to choose something It would have to be trying to figure it out on y own, I did have to be shown how to use it by someone else.

Response from Ironflow Technologies

Hi Isabella,

Yay! We are so happy that PurelyHR was able to help you.

We hope you enjoy all the benefits of having an automated and simple process for your company's time off.

Thank you for leaving such a kind review.

We appreciate you!

• Industry: Automotive

Can do a lot for you

Reviewed on 23/01/2019

When employees and/or mangers remember to put the time off - sick, appt. etc vs just vacation it makes payroll so much easier. i like that the information can be shown to who you choose. E.g Mangers can see entire staff or just their departments.
When I did have issues early on in the set up of the system their customer service team was quick to respond an walk me through. Overall I find it easy and self explanatory to use after the initial set up.

Pros

All the information for employee time off are available in one site, one calendar and to all managers, other employees if you choose.

Cons

Sometimes a bit of a game moving between screens and adding time off types etc
Don't like having to type out "delete" to verify the I want to delete a terminated employee

Response from Ironflow Technologies

Hello,

Thanks for leaving a review, we greatly appreciate the feedback :).

We've noted down your concerns and will do our best do resolve them for you.

We hope that PurelyHR continues to help elevate your time-off and other HR needs in the future.

Happy New Year!

Cari

Easy to use, reporting is great.

Reviewed on 05/12/2017

Pros

It was very easy to set up. Employees find it easy to use. Bring a manager, I like the custom reminders.

Cons

I like pretty much everything. If I could change anything it would be that the employee number prints on the emails.

Response from Ironflow Technologies

Hi Cari, We are thrilled to hear that you enjoy the simplicity of Time-Off. Thank you for your feedback. We will look into your request and see if we can make a change to improve this process. We truly appreciate you taking the time to leave us such a friendly review. Sincerely, - PurelyHR

Great Time Management Software for our small company.

Reviewed on 09/07/2018

Easily manage time off requests and PTO allotment.

Pros

Purely HR is easy to use. It allows us to quickly and easily submit and approve time off requests as well as access time off documentation and reporting.

Cons

I manage several employees and It can be difficult to toggle between my personal profile and the profile of my employees.

Response from Ironflow Technologies

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. We are happy that we've been able to help you manager requests and allowances. We're constantly reviewing and enhancing our software so we'd be happy to hear any feedback you have on how you'd like to see the transition from personal profile to employee profile!

• Industry: Pharmaceuticals

Terrible user experience

Reviewed on 11/12/2017

cost effective, customisable

Pros

It's cost-effective and does the job. allows quite a high degree of customisation in assigning holiday types and renewals

Cons

the user experience is simply terrible, especially after the merge into pure light now information is scattered and very difficult to find

Response from Ironflow Technologies

Hi, We want to thank you so much for taking the time to leave us a review. We are sorry to hear about your bad experience. We'd like to learn more about your specific situation and make things right, If you wouldn't mind giving us a call at (844) 402-6557 at your earliest convenience, it would be greatly appreciated. Sincerely, the Purelyhr Team.

Pascal
  • Industry: Computer & Network Security

Efficient, easy to use and flexible

Reviewed on 26/01/2017

I have been using time-off manager for more than 3 years now; its flexibility and ease of use made the initial roll out simple; in addition, the developers are very helpful and responsive, and they consider customer feedback as priority for their next enhancements.

Pros

Easy to use, user friendly interface
Fast and efficient
Zero maintenance required
Flexible: I was able to configure almost all business rules required for different countries of our operations
Support is very responsive and helpful
Cost efficient and hassle free

Response from Ironflow Technologies

Hi Pascal,

Thank you very much for your kind review and your loyalty! To know that Time-Off has grown with your company for over 3 years is amazing!

We hope we will be there for you for many more years!

RYAN
  • Industry: Printing

PurelyHR

Reviewed on 24/05/2019

Before implementing Purely HR we were using paper sheets and a log book to keep track of PTO. Now with Purely HR we have greatly reduced the amount of hours in logging time off and the users are now able to see there balance without having to calculate it or ask HR.

Pros

The ease of use and the ability to only use the time-off portion of the software. also the ability to access it from everywhere and any device.

Cons

Changes to Policies do not apply to users that already have the policy without re-applying the policies.

Response from Ironflow Technologies

WOW, Thank you so much for sending us such a wonderful review!

It's always exciting for our team to receive such great feedback. We love to assist an help companies like yours with their HR needs.

Once again, much appreciated!

The PurelyHR team

Shalini

PurelyHR Review

Reviewed on 30/01/2019

Overall PurelyHR has worked to our benefit. We are able to utilize our time better and more efficiently.

Pros

The ease from manual tracking to automated tracking. This gave Managers the ability to approve and decline vacations for their subordinates instead of going to HR.

Cons

It's inability to cater to very specific needs.

Response from Ironflow Technologies

Hi Shalini,

We would like to say thanks for leaving us a review on Capterra.

We're glad that PurelyHR has allowed your team to make better use of their time and gave more control to the managers.

We would like nothing more than to cater to every single one of our customers specific needs, and quite often we are able to accommodate them. If you have any questions or concerns about specific requests, please reach out to our team.

We would like to wish you all the best in 2019!

Alixx
  • Industry: Religious Institutions

PurelyHR Review

Reviewed on 04/02/2020

PurelyHR was great to use as an employee. I don't know why we switched products - but it is what it is.

Pros

My employer used PurelyHR before the software we currently use. purelyHR was very user friendly, pretty interface, and easy to understand/use.

Cons

I did not have anything negative happen with PurelyHR - although sometimes it took several clicks throughs to find something that I shouldn't have to click so many things for.

June

Excellent time off tracking solution

Reviewed on 05/12/2017

The ability for our employees to see their own accrual balances without having to use our payroll system.

Pros

Ease of use. The program is very easy to use for both myself and our users. I like the fact that we can customize it for days and not just hours.

Cons

Nothing really. Maybe the recent price increase. Also, sometimes the reports print in a font that is too small. And there are a few areas within the system that still show as hours rather than days (we like to have days like. 833 days.)

Response from Ironflow Technologies

Hi June, We are thrilled to hear that you and your team are enjoying the simplicity of Time-Off. Your issue has been noted and we will look into improving this feature for your convenience. Thank you for leaving a review! We truly appreciate it. Sincerely,- PurelyHR.

Very easy to implement; reports could be improved; overall good application for cost

Reviewed on 05/12/2017

Pros

Easy to set up new users; easy to administer policies; very user friendly for employees to request/approve time off requiests

Cons

Would like to see more flexibility and range of reporting options; translate accrued benefits into dollar value for financial accruals

Deb

I love this program. It has been a great time saver for my office.

Reviewed on 05/12/2017

Pros

The ability it has for all employees and managers to see their leave balances on an up to the minute basis. Also, it saves me an enormous amount of time posting leave and reconciling balances for employees.

Cons

It doesn't have a detailed user manual. My roll out period was very long and confusing. Thank goodness you have great customer service.

Response from Ironflow Technologies

Hi Deb, We are happy to hear that you and your staff are enjoying Time-Off. We are also happy to let you know that we are working on a detailed user manual. Thank you for leaving a review! We truly appreciate it. Sincerely,- PurelyHR.

Olha
  • Industry: Transportation/Trucking/Railroad

Very satisfied

Reviewed on 24/05/2019

Overall it helps our employees to manage and plan their PTO. We've had only positive reviews.

Pros

Easy to use. Saves time and helps plan time off. Reminders and reports are also very useful.

Cons

Had some issues with combining calendars for 2 different departments, but customer service helped me with that.

Response from Ironflow Technologies

WOW, Thank you! We love to hear about our clients and how they feel PurelyHR helps them.

From the bottom of our PurelyHR hearts, a sincere thanks for spending a minute to leave such a kind review for us.

Natalie

Great experience, helped take our time off tracking from a manual to an automated process.

Reviewed on 11/12/2017

Saved time, improved accuracy, gave managers and employees complete, real-time visibility into their time off.
I think there are a few specialized reports that would be helpful, but generally it is a great product.

Pros

We were using a very manual and often inaccurate method for tracking our employee time off. Since getting Time Off Manager, we have been able to make this process much more accurate and efficient for both the managers and the employees. Software is very user friendly and users are up and running in minutes.

Response from Ironflow Technologies

Hi Natalie, We are thrilled to hear that you enjoy the simplicity of Time-Off Manager. We truly appreciate you taking the time to leave us such a friendly review. Sincerely, - PurelyHR

Susana

Our employees love this PTO system

Reviewed on 26/10/2016

We used to have a manual system, which was hard to keep up with. With TimeOffManager everyone know who is out, and how much time they have left. Our employees love this system.

Pros

Easy to use automated system. Customer service is excellent.

Cons

I had a hard time setting up the accruals.

Response from Ironflow Technologies

Dear Susana,

We are so happy to hear that your employees are loving this system! We hope you continue benefiting from our solution.

Thank you for leaving a friendly review.

Emily

Great software as it is quick and easy to track the vacation days of each employee!

Reviewed on 12/11/2015

Overall it is easy to use and straight forward. The employees enjoy how they are able to check their vacation day balance and book off days accordingly. The software allows many adjustments to be made to accommodate our business policies and restrictions.

There are some things that could be fixed such as the length of service accruals. It is difficult to apply an accrual to a new employee as we are not able to back date it to the employee's start date. Due to this problem, for all new employees who have not hit the one year mark, we have to manually add days to their account for the entire year.

Response from Ironflow Technologies

Hi Emily,

Thank you so much for your review. We are glad that your employees are finding the software useful and that our solution accommodates your policies.

As for the length of service accruals, our support team will gladly help you find a way to simplify this process. They've been notified and are waiting to assist you.

You can reach our support staff by:
Phone : (506) 854-6557
Monday - Friday, 8:00 a.m. - 6:00 p.m.
By Email : [email protected]
Monday - Saturday, 8:00 a.m. - 9:00 p.m.

Again thank you for your review, and we wish you all the best!

Time-Off Manager Team.

Heather
  • Industry: Printing

Excellent. Super easy to set-up and administer

Reviewed on 22/06/2017

The amazing gift of time. We used to do everything on paper.....now the system does it all for us.

Pros

It is intuitive. Regardless of your level of technical knowledge, migrating this system is very simple for all employees.

Cons

Continuous changes to navigating. We have been a client for 6 months and way too many changes in a short period of time.

Response from Ironflow Technologies

Heather, thank you so much for leaving a review. We absolutely loved reading your feedback.

As for the multiple changes to our system, it seams you started using PurelyHR at the time when we introduced our new User Interface. We promise that your experience with the software will be much better thanks to it and that we won't be undergoing any other major changes like this for a while.

Keep being awesome HR Director :)

- PurelyHR

Joanne

Time off manager Review by ALMA

Reviewed on 02/02/2017

Before we used this software, we were using Excel to keep track of employees time off. This was very time consuming and tedious. After the set up we don't have to do monthly in puts, all we do now is print a report from the report menu. This program is so worth the monthly fee. I had to call customer service once and they were responsive and solved my issue with one call.We love it.

Pros

Easy to use the cost is very resonable

Response from Ironflow Technologies

Hi Joanne,

Thank you so much for your friendly review! We are so glad that you continue to enjoy our time-off solution!

If ever you need us, we are only a phone call or email away!

Time-Off Manager team

Ritchie

Time-Off Manager and it's support are exceptional!

Reviewed on 30/03/2016

Since moving from a SharePoint based time tracking system to Time-Off Manager our records are more accurate because people actually can use the system with it being so easy. They can submit or check their banked vacation balance from virtually anywhere. We have some strange accrual methods and we were having a hard time finding software that could handle our situation. Time-Off Manager came through for us and every time we've had a question they have been quick to answer and even walk us through the steps to complete the task.

The only drawback at this point is a dedicated mobile client, but any web browser works just fine.

Response from Ironflow Technologies

Hi Ritchie,

We are happy to hear that Time-Off Manager was able to handle your accrual method and solve all your leave management needs. We pride ourselves on the flexibility of our product!

Delivering exceptional customer service is also one of top priorities. We are glad that our support team was able to help as usual!

We truly appreciate you taking the time to leave us such a nice review.

Sincerely, TOM.

Terry
  • Industry: Government Administration

AWESOME

Reviewed on 28/03/2019

We had a great experience. The support team was very helpful with getting us started and walking me thru.

Pros

User friendly, and very easy to set up. Purely support is wonderful

Cons

Not sure if we have a dislike yet. We have had the system for a little over a month and so far we really like it.

Response from Ironflow Technologies

Hi Terry,

On behalf of everyone at PurelyHR we would like to thank you for sharing your experience. We are thrilled to hear you enjoyed working with our friendly and knowledgeable support team.

They are always there to help you in the future if necessary, so don't hesitate to reach out. :)

We wish you all the best!