Spendesk

Smart, trackable spending at work. From Approvals to Zen.

4.5/5
4.6/5
4.8/5
4.6/5

Tom
  • Industry: Gambling & Casinos

Expense control.

Reviewed on 18/07/2022

It enables you to track in real time the expenses incurred through multiple corporate cards that are required for many of our employees' day-to-day operations.
Excellent tool for ensuring that the internal budget is followed without deviation.

Pros

Allows you to create personalized physical and virtual cards in order to avoid borrowing cards and losing control over responsible spending.
If you contact support before purchasing, it will provide you with a personalized demo.
It appeals to me because it has a simple and user-friendly interface that makes tracking card usage simple.

Cons

This platform has nothing that I dislike about it.

Christopher

Sucess Story

Reviewed on 15/10/2019

Pros

100% control over all teams and their spendings
Easy to use via app or directly on the platform
Streamlining of Cash-out
Customization of fields for export incl. cost center logic

Cons

Missing export file with images for German accounting software Datev

Pleo and Expensify

Reasons for Switching to Spendesk

Great customer support known from previous companies

Response from Spendesk

Thank you Christopher for your great review!

Jordi
  • Industry: Online Media

Everything undercontrol

Reviewed on 11/10/2019

Pros

Having credit card as main payment method for our online providers was a mess. Spendesk gave us absolut control about our expenses, reporting and more over... authmatization! Never more share credit card data to employees.

Cons

Spendesk should have been live 5 ago to avoid past problems :)

Response from Spendesk

Thank you Jordi for your amazing review. We're glad to help you stay in control of your company spending!

Verónica

Simple and effective

Reviewed on 27/09/2022

Pros

Easy to use, the app has an intuitive design. The customer support is fast and efficient.

Cons

I had a few payment failures but they solve the issue almost immediately.

Roxana Georgiana
  • Company size: 1,001-5,000 Employees

Easiest way to track spending

Reviewed on 14/10/2022

Pros

I used this app on a business trip and it helped me to track the spendings. The app is intuitive and with a nice design, I liked that I didn’t used my own money because the company card was added to the app.

Cons

Seems that there are no analytics available on the app, but overall I have a good impression.

Martin

Makes daily expenses tasks super easy

Reviewed on 04/05/2021

Pros

Spendesk is very easy to use and at an affordable price point. Since it is cloud-based, I can access it from any computer, at home or the office. It is sleek and easy to find what I'm looking.

Cons

Since it is a cloud-based software, it is dependent on a reliable internet connection

Lukas

Great accounting automation for distributed teams

Reviewed on 28/08/2019

We're a small team scattered around Europa and Asia & thanks to Spendesk, much of our accounting, requesting payments & doing personal expenses has been automated - giving us more time to focus on developing our business rather than filing manual reports & chasing receipts across departments.

Pros

- Spendesk allows to automate payments & approvals for business expenses and provides great overview over who owns which transactions, establishing great accountability
- The accounting integration (in Germany) was easy and straightforward
- Great approval flows
- It's possible to set up multiple teams & entities, modeling complex organizational structures

Cons

- Due to a change in Spendesk's internal processes in preparation for Brexit the onboarding process took 3-4 weeks, which wasn't well communicated in advance
- Each credit card's limit must be backed by money pre-loaded onto the bank account - and each card's limit needs to be 100% backed, effectively tying up an entire month of "worst case scenario" working capital
- Currency conversion charges are quite high

Response from Spendesk

Hello Lukas, and thank you very much for your very detailed review. We are sorry that you faced some issues while using Spendesk. Don't hesitate to contact our support team anytime you need, we are available for you. Have a nice day!

Bethany
  • Industry: Oil & Energy

Significantly improves budget management.

Reviewed on 15/07/2022

Spendesk allows for real-time expense tracking and quicker approvals.
It is a platform that has enabled us to optimize line item and budget execution.
It aids in the management of travel expenses.

Pros

It allows you to automate processes and optimize your spending through an intuitive and simple interface.
I like it because it allows me to better control the employees in my area and issue cards whenever they are required in the currency that they require.

Cons

This platform has nothing that I dislike about it.

Matthew

Very nearly perfection, but I have a use case not handled well

Reviewed on 13/03/2019

Pros

This is cliche, but the software just works. I really appreciate how fast it is to do all the tasks I need to do, and it really helps get my colleagues on board when it doesn't take up much of their time to upload receipts.

Cons

It is not very obvious how to have a card that can be charged multiple times, but only as a single overall process. An example is any service which takes a deposit, then final charge once manufacture is complete. This would be one purchase request and therefore one spendesk card, but needs to allow multiple individual charges to occur.
The "solution" is a subscription, but then you have to remember to cancel it or the money is reserved on the card forever.

Response from Spendesk

Thank you Matthew for your interesting review. If you need any help with Spendesk, don't hesitate to contact our support or customer success teams!

Pauline

Absolutely amazing tool to manage you team spendings

Reviewed on 15/07/2016

We implemented Spendesk as soon as we heard from them for my compan Hivy.
Hivy is a Saas helping Office Managers to answer every employee needs.

What was the problem I was facing at Hivy? Well few corporate cards, not enough agility in the team when we needed to buy stuff online.
Spendesk was the perfect tool to make my team move faster.
I used Spendesk's product since the beginning - I love the fact that each time I have a question on the product, they quickly get back to me and do whatever is needed to solve my problem.
That's what I call customer support :)

Pros

Best customer support <3
Very smooth and user-friendly design
Custom Approval flow which is great when you go on vacations - you can really delegate the payment validation.

Cons

Cannot be used with existing corporate cards.

Response from Spendesk

Merci Pauline :)

Nicolas

I have been one of the first customer of Spendesk, saved me a lot of time and mistakes

Reviewed on 15/05/2018

Time saving, seamless approval workflow, team management, Xero integration

Pros

Superb UX, Analytical coding, greatest Xero integration ever, no more corporate credit card, no more credit card reconciliation + I can empower my teammates and make them responsible for their budget + I am in control of my expenses without spending too much time in painfull approval workflow.

Cons

I want to use it for all my subsidiaries
OCR please ?
A dedicated email than I can use to forward my receipts directly to the solution would be great too

Response from Spendesk

Thank you Nicolas for this review! We will get in touch with you to make sure that all your subsidiaries can use Spendesk.

Demian

Monitoring and control of expenses.

Reviewed on 13/07/2022

pendesk is a very effective expense control platform, which has allowed us to avoid budget disasters in our area and to keep a record of corporate card transactions that allows us to identify inappropriate expenses.

Pros

I like being able to track expenses in real time.
It gives us the ability to issue virtual cards to make payments and receive reimbursements.
It makes it easy to pay for subscriptions.

Cons

There is nothing I dislike about Spendesk.

Ken

Happy to recommend

Reviewed on 16/04/2019

Pros

I have to say that I have been nothing but impressed by the Spendesk platform since we implemented it earlier this year. Tracking credit card expenditure was a manual painstaking process for us until we introduced Spendesk which involved chasing receipts and manually deriving accounting entries from a spreadsheet. I now have control and visibility across the business of the entire spend and am confident that I have the back up and approval processes for it in one location. You have managed to develop a cross platform UX that is easy for the user and the finance team alike and the reporting capability is second to none. I have no hesitation in giving a top rating and have since recommended it to other finance professionals.

Cons

If I had one suggestion it would be that the lead time of the physical cards is far too long and the cards themselves should be contactless.

Response from Spendesk

Thank you so much Ken for your amazing review!
We are working right now in decreasing the time of the plastic card delivery and the contactless card is on its way. Stay tuned... ;-)

Mark
  • Industry: Computer Hardware

Great efficiency tool for small companies

Reviewed on 21/11/2018

Pros

It greatly improves the purchasing workflow, all the way through to payments and accounting. It decentralises purchasing, while keeping control of the whole process with the decision makers. It's very intuitive to use - I never have to train new employees on Spendesk. The customer support level is the best I've ever seen, and they are constantly adding new features and improving the existing ones.

Cons

It costs money. But compared to the employee time saved by using it, as well as the added value compared to manual processes, it's money very well spent.

Response from Spendesk

Thank you Mark for your kind review. We are really happy to free you and your team from the hassle of paying at work!

Sandro

Forest Admin uses Spendesk

Reviewed on 13/07/2016

Forest is a Saas company. As any saas company we have a lot of online spending : IT, subscriptions (git, adobe, etc) or travel expenses to visit our customers.
We had only 1 credit card (mine) B.S (as Before Spendesk :p) which was used for every subscription leading to problems. I could not have a clear view on all my subscriptions ! I was also blocked because of spending monthly limit...

Using Spendesk helped me to control each and every one of my subscription + no monthly limit.

I also use Spendesk for all my online spending and don't lose time at the end of the month chasing for invoices (something which is time-consuming and that I hate on a personal level).

Pros

issue 1 card per subscription with budgets
autonomy given to the other guys in my teams -> they can do the purchases themselves and I can use the customized approval flow to delegate the validation

Cons

I am the one not putting my invoices on the platform now and my accountant knows exactly that this is not on one of my employees' side

Response from Spendesk

Thanks for your feedbacks Sandro ! Glad to see that Spendesk helps you at Forest :)

xavi
  • Industry: Sports

Easy and amazing finance administration tool

Reviewed on 08/10/2019

Pros

The fact that i can scan my receipts and upload them directly from the phone. Having a Visa credit card that links directly to the app and i don't have to use my personal one.

Cons

There are too many approvals needed for every single operation

Response from Spendesk

Thank you Xavi for your nice review. Concerning the number of approvals, it might come from the expense policy of your company. Feel free to contact our success team if you have any question about the use of Spendesk.

Kristan
  • Industry: Publishing

Life changer!

Reviewed on 15/02/2019

Loads of international travel and receipt management - worry free

Pros

I was in sales in the earlier part of my career and vowed to never return because I thought the expense reports took way too much of my precious time. thanks to Spendesk - it has literally changed my professional & personal life - bank is happy and I am hassle free - love, love love it!

Cons

literally cannot think of one - so easy to use & instantaneous....My accounting team no longer loathes me!

Response from Spendesk

Thank you so much Kristan for your wonderful review !! We are really happy to make your life so much easier.

Thibault

Manages accounting better than other pieces of software!

Reviewed on 18/06/2019

Pros

Spendesk allows me to pay in a B2B environment, while having full visibility on realtime spending and accounting at the end of the month!

Cons

I wish I had known before that I could connect Spendesk with my accounting software: I would have saved so much time!

Ruben

Control of budget movements.

Reviewed on 11/07/2022

Spendesk monitors our department's expenses to avoid unnecessary or lavish spending.
It helps to keep a healthy accounting, pay subscriptions and issue invoices to customers.

Pros

I like being able to issue virtual cards for unforeseen expenses or employee travel, keeping a very detailed record of expenses in case of an audit.

Cons

There is nothing I dislike about this platform.

Jonathan

Never be stuck waiting for the company card

Reviewed on 04/08/2019

Easy to use, super efficient, and keeps everything tidy (approval requests are logged, receipts can be attached to each expense, cards are issued for a specific vendor and with a maximum payment limit).

Pros

Every expense incurred by the team can be sent for approval, approved, and sent to the vendor instantly.

Cons

Certain vendors decline prepaid virtual cards, meaning it's back to the old hunting down the company card game.

Response from Spendesk

Thank you so much Jonathan for your great review. We are indeed aware that some vendors do not accept our virtual cards. But we are looking to end this issue shortly. Have a nice day!

Rene
  • Industry: Information Services

SaaS business review

Reviewed on 08/03/2022

Positive, as said gives me a quick overview. the team with access, can also easy upload expenses and i can approved

Pros

Easy to use, use friendly, gives you quickly overview and control of spending's

Cons

For now not sure, as we are growing and implement new ERP system, so maybe in the future we could have

Jules

Useful

Reviewed on 08/10/2019

Pros

Intuitive, practical, incredible support.

Cons

Chatbot is always displayed even if I don't need help

Response from Spendesk

Thank you for your great review Jules!

Anne Caroline
  • Industry: Apparel & Fashion

Great tool to save time and increase expense monitoring!

Reviewed on 26/11/2018

Great tool to monitor credit card expenses, collect receipts and facilitate accounting booking!!
Users and accounting team are found of this tool in our company since it has been implemented

Pros

Easy to implement
Time credit
Great monitoring

Cons

Could be cheaper
purple color ;-)

Response from Spendesk

Thank you for your kind review Anne-Caroline!

Good review

Reviewed on 10/05/2019

Very easy to use, I use it almost daily since I work in marketing and am responsible for buying stuff for the office. I love the reminders to upload the receipts. I feel a sense of completion when I've uploaded a receipt.

Pros

Being able to automatically pay for work spendings through spendesk without having to use my own money or wait for my expenses to be refunded by my company.

Cons

Nothing, maybe make it possible to copy the card number.

Response from Spendesk

Thank you for your nice review!

Katie

Effective cost control.

Reviewed on 07/07/2022

Spendesk is a platform that has helped us optimize our budgets and control our employees' expenses.
It allows us to run expense reports with the data it collects and design new expense and budget execution guidelines based on those reports.

Pros

It allows me to issue cards when I or any employee in my department needs them.
It allows me to make online payments and generate invoices, receive reimbursements and monitor compliance.

Cons

I have no complaints with this platform.