Patriot Accounting

Online accounting software made for American businesses

4.6/5
4.4/5
4.6/5
4.8/5

Brittany
  • Industry: Government Administration

My experience with Patriot Accounting

Reviewed on 15/02/2021

My overall experience with Patriot Accounting is remarkable since it has eradicated accounting errors.

Pros

The way Patriot Accounting enables me to automate all accounting at ease is the best aspect ever on my user end.

Cons

I hardly come across hindrances when using Patriot Accounting, and I use it on a daily basis at workstation.

Paul
  • Industry: Transportation/Trucking/Railroad

Patriot Makes Accounting Easy

Reviewed on 21/10/2022

Patriot is so much easier to use then QuickBooks and much more affordable to. It doesn't double things or add things that shouldn't be there. It is easy and straightforward, and the staff helps with any questions.

Pros

The software is easy to use, if you make a mistake, it's easy to fix or correct. I am able to add multiple bank accounts so I can track my transfers easily. The staff is very helpful whether I call in or as for help over the messaging platform they are always quick to answer my questions and email me the conversations so I can refer back if I need to.

Cons

The only real issue I had is it kicked my bank off once and I had to re-record everything. It worked out ok though. I just hope it never does that again.

Quicken

Reasons for Choosing Patriot Accounting

QuickBooks was doubling items and changing things we had categorized, so we had to constantly re-check our work which was costly and time consuming and we should not have had to do.

Reasons for Switching to Patriot Accounting

We used the 30-day free trial, and it went so smoothly we decided to try the software for a longer period.
Christopher
  • Industry: Architecture & Planning

Needs many small improvements

Reviewed on 07/10/2022

Pros

Everything I need is there all the way through payroll.

Cons

Poor User Interface and function design. Example 1: Should be able to get a list of unpaid invoices with one click. Right now, it requires me to input a date range. Date range should be an option, not a requirement. Small thing that adds up over time. I look at lists like that one everytime I log on. Ex 2: Invoices require per hour or per unit. I do not wish to communicate projects to my clients in this way. Would like to freely input amounts per my description to my clients. Ex 3: I've had lots of trouble with imported transactions. You must add a memo field per transaction! Not sure what else to recommend specifically. Hopeful you will continue to evaluate and redesign how that is done.

Dave

Review needs and not just costs

Reviewed on 12/10/2022

Pros

There is no guessing. The portal will ask pointed questions to properly distribute costs and income appropriately.

Cons

Compared to what we had from other online service (QuickBooks) they ask a ton of questions, not only for current, but from previous entries. It was certainly an adjustment, although the results should be much better for all affected parties.

Nancy

Cost Effective Accounting Software

Reviewed on 12/10/2022

I use the accounting service to help stay up to date with accounting and tax filings.

Pros

Offers the essential accounting features necessary to run a small business. Patriot offers extremely affordable accounting services. Great Customer Service

Cons

The software is not intuitive. However at this price point, Patriot Accounting Software is the most robust software available.

FreshBooks and Wave Accounting

Mission Statement of Patriot Software, Cost, features
Jeff
  • Industry: Staffing & Recruiting

Reviewed on 17/10/2022

Easy to use ... like the account reconciliation function

Pros

Easy to use ... especially for non accounts like me.

Cons

Sometimes imputing transaction dates get clunky because the calendar gets in the way. I would be nice when imputing multiple vendor payments if the check number would default to the next number.

Our Peachtree system was outdated

Reasons for Switching to Patriot Accounting

Quickbooks was overpriced and was too complicated to set up. I did do a trial but did not like the system and they also reneged on a corporate discount they were offering through my franchisor.
Dee
  • Industry: Events Services

Coastal patriot

Reviewed on 07/10/2022

They have been there to help me from day one, and always happy to help.

Pros

Customer service is everything to me. When I have a question, I need to know there is someone to help me. I am also excited about donating to conservative causes.

Cons

Learning a new software is never a great experience. The problem with new accounting software is that you can make a mistake that will live with you forever. Patriot Software understood my concerns and worked with me every step of the way. My current accounting may not be perfect, but it is the best representation of my business I could do with all the assistance I received.

Jo

Great until issues

Reviewed on 12/10/2022

Overall my experience was good, only left due to a bank connectivity issue they didn't know how to solve and they're delay in getting to my ticket.

Pros

Super intuitive functions, great customer support

Cons

When I had an issue that customer service couldn't immediately resolve they took weeks kicking the can down the rd and ultimately never got my issue resolved before I gave up and switch softwears

Reasons for Switching to Patriot Accounting

I chose Patriot originally because it had everything I needed, but was a lower price point.
Megan
  • Industry: Restaurants

Great Accounting Package Solution!

Reviewed on 17/10/2022

Pros

Month end closes take less than an hour, everything is very user friendly and I have the ability to export or create every report I need. Specifically, having the ability to export my monthly GL to compare month to month, qtr to qtr, is incredibly helpful and saves me a ton of time.

Cons

I don't have anything that I don't care for.

Ann

Smooth operation!

Reviewed on 25/10/2022

Pros

Intergration is a quick process with great customer support.

Cons

I had to use the help desk for sick/vacation/PTO. Most parts of Patriot Software are intuitive, and you can explore till you find them, except a PTO adjustment.

Jeff
  • Industry: Legal Services

Great Price. Not intuitive, but gets the job done

Reviewed on 15/09/2020

Patriot seems like a payroll company which later added accounting. The payroll module is so easy to use and they appear to have thought of everything. The accounting module is much more quirky and seems a bit haphazzard. But their people are friendly and accomodating, so hopefully, they will up their game on the accounting side. From a price standpoint, you can't beat them for an on-line program that can be shared among users (staff, bookkeeper, attorneys, etc).

Pros

We switched from QuickBooks and that process was fairly easy, along with great support from Patriot. That's the best part of the software - the people at Patriot. They are prompt, attentive, and seem genuinely interested in improving their product. A close second is the Payroll product. It is ridiculously easy to use and far less expensive the most other on-line payroll services.

Cons

It is not intuitive. For example, if you just want to look at your general checkbook ledger, you cannot just click on an icon. You have to go to reports and then find the one that says "account balances." There are a number of things that make sense after you do them (voiding or deleting a check is a multistep process), but it's frustrating trying to find them. One of the biggest head scratchers is that printing a three-part check only prints on two parts of the check. That seems like a pretty basic item to fix, but it's still only two-parts.

QuickBooks Payroll

Reasons for Choosing Patriot Accounting

We decided to be entirely in the cloud, so Desktop Enterprise was not going to cut it. We looked at Intuit's online programs, but had sticker shock, especially with the payroll module. We only have two people getting paid via payroll, so it seemed excessive to pay Intuit's prices. We also did not need the myriad features Quick Books offer, as we have fairly simple accounting and payroll needs. We went looking for other on-line solutions and really liked Patriot's design, cost, ease for switching over, and people. We are hoping the accounting program becomes easier and more user-friendly.

Reasons for Switching to Patriot Accounting

Patriot's payroll is easier to use and far less expensive than Intuit's. And we did not need all the bells and whistles that Intuit offers, so Patriot seemed like the right solution.
Darrell
  • Industry: Entertainment

Perfect solution for small to midsized businesss

Reviewed on 15/09/2020

It may sound like I work for the company but honestly if anyone were yo ask me what is the best overall experience I have with software or a subscription service of this type I think patriot would be it based on the ease of use and amazing product support.

Pros

The system is super easy to use and understand and works as it should. Not buggy like some other big name accounting programs. Also if I need support I can honestly say the support team is is ready, willing and qualified to help and they will take the time needed to be sure my issue is handled. To the point that I am amazed at the time and care they take.

Cons

Every so often there is something I have trouble finding ( but support helps me!) part of that may be because I am not an accountant. But even those issues are rare and they are always adding nice features to make my job easier.

Lucy
  • Industry: Individual & Family Services

Incredible Customer-Service and Strongly Valued Customer Input

Reviewed on 23/03/2020

Above providing a great software that suits the needs of a small business like ours (without being overly complex), they have outstanding customer service and value fulfillment of customer needs.

Pros

We wanted something that we could tailor to our own needs and that we could more seamlessly transition, from how we previously operated our accounting. We wanted something that was not overly complex to adapt to but that was also able to execute our accounting needs. It's challenging to find programs to best suit the flow of your daily tasks and that can also be flexible with function. Patriot fit all those needs.

Cons

Over the years of using this program, we have asked for many changes (with varying degrees of importance) and I cannot think of one that has not been fulfilled by the Patriot team. I'm not sure how they do it, but they seem dedicated to providing customer needs and to help ease workflow however they are able. They are regularly working to improve their software and needs of customers.

Jobber

Reasons for Switching to Patriot Accounting

Patriot offers different features within their company, allowing you to utilize and only pay for what you need, versus one program in its entirety (ie Accounting, Payroll, etc). They had a large amount of features/options offered, while still being user-friendly (even from the start).
Craig

Basic Accounting Software, but it gets the job done

Reviewed on 12/01/2021

Very good. The customer service is superb. They answer the phone and are very helpful. If they don't know an answer, they find it out and get back to you. Email support is good too. The software is pretty basic compared to Quickbooks but if you don't need all those fancy features as I don't, it gets the job done. And the price is much better than Quickbooks. They have a bank reconciliation module, but I don't use it. Highly recommend for small businesses.

Pros

Started out on the package almost 5 years ago. It was pretty basic then, Patriot has added a steady stream of features to it each year. We don't use a lot of them however. I like the dashboard. If you are using the Payroll module, it's totally seamless integration. No frills accounting but that's ok because that's all I need.

Cons

Can't put a check number on a Quick Pay when you are running it. I use manual checks and there's not way to do that, except by putting the check number in the notes. If you are using printed check stock, that would not be an issue. Reporting is a little thin, but it gets the job done. The Financial statement is a little weird how it calculates owner's equity but my accountant reviewed the numbers and said it is correct. If you have accrued liabilities, They use "modified cash basis" which it also odd vs. Cash Basis. No Statement available to send out to customers.

Quickbooks Online and Xero

Reasons for Switching to Patriot Accounting

Mainly cost, and the Payroll integration. They do full service payroll at a very competitive monthly rate.
Edward
  • Industry: Law Practice

Easy to use and responsive customer service

I do not use Patriot Accounting

Pros

This software is easy to set up and even easier to use. I work for a small firm with only a couple of employees. Our payroll needs are fairly simple and Patriot is intuitive and has robust information available when needed.

Cons

There is nothing I dislike about Patriot. I guess it would be nice if there was a mobile app that allowed me to run payroll remotely from my desktop.

QuickBooks Payroll

Reasons for Choosing Patriot Accounting

Paychex was far more expensive and required a lot more effort to do the things I need to do, so when I became the person in charge of dealing with payroll at our firm, I wanted to find an inexpensive option that was straight forward.

Reasons for Switching to Patriot Accounting

I have always found Quickbooks to be overly complicated and not intuitive at all. We still use it to track our income and expenses to give to our accountants. While it seems like there are infinite ways to generate financial reports, that process always seems way more time consuming than it needs to be and often doesn't give me the info I'm looking for the first time, so I need to try several different reports before I get what I want.
Martin
  • Industry: Consumer Services

Best in Class!

Reviewed on 19/05/2022

Exceedingly positive. I can't say enough about the professionalism and personal service provided by Patriot's team. I am not an accountant, or bookkeeper, or tax consultant...and I don't want to be. Patriot's team gets that, and they treat us with respect and courtesy.

Pros

How much time do you have? I've used all of the major competitors in the field at some time or another. Patriot shares our values and beliefs, as evidenced in every interaction with them. The value for what they provide is unparalleled...not even close. Patriot has been completely transparent and there are no hidden fees or mysteries in function or cost. Patriot Software delivers what they promise and is always great to work with by phone or video conference. We feel like we are valued by them, and that is a plus for a small but growing business.

Cons

My only suggestion is, as always, integrations. I know "that other company" has been around a long time and exercises leverage on the industry. Patriot provides value and performs in a trustworthy and honest manner - we can wait for the integrations and grow with them.

QuickBooks Payroll and Quickbooks Online

Reasons for Switching to Patriot Accounting

Value, personal interaction, shared values
Julie
  • Industry: Accounting

User Friendly Comprehensive Payroll Solution

Reviewed on 06/01/2021

Mostly all positive. I have always been able to contact support and get answers to my questions (even if I didn't like the answer because a feature was unavailable). There is somewhat a lack of communication to partners.

Pros

Patriot Software is easy to set up and easy to use. Everything is spelled out on the screen. There are very minimal clicks to accomplish basic payroll tasks. Patriot is also VERY up-to-date on tax law changes and communicating to users. Support is knowledgeable and hold times are very reasonable.

Cons

Ability to schedule different employees into different pay schedules. Lack of job costing. Lack of ability to pay an employee who works in multiple cities in same week.

Larry

Great to Use

Reviewed on 30/01/2021

We were in the process of talking about going back to Quick Books and decided to stay with Patriot because of costs and ease of getting live help

Pros

Ease of getting into program

Ease of. getting help

Great to work with when calling in

Cons

When trying to get to certain options on the side to use, hard to maneuver to where you want to go

Jay
  • Industry: Media Production

It plugs into daily business

Reviewed on 28/04/2022

We need to be up to the minute aware of what our financial status is, with a streamlined way to invoice our customers, and a responsible way to document all activity.

Pros

Patriot Software Accounting offers all of the reporting we need for daily and monthly tasks. It is very clear how the charts of accounts integrate into the structure of our company.

Cons

It would make a lot more tactile sense to make the daily accounting work from a register type of interface. Using a General Ledger, then notating credits and debit columns, is a slower and less intuitive way to perform transactions than a single entry, customizable register would be. A register-based interface option would provide a far greater sense of user control and confidence.

Brittany
  • Industry: Automotive

GREAT SOFTWARE

Reviewed on 22/12/2020

I AM HAPPY WITH THIS SOFTWARE AND MY EXPERIENCE HAS BEEN WONDERFUL

Pros

PATRIOT SOFTWARE MAKES IT EASY TO PAY EMPLOYEES, KEEP UP WITH INVOICES, AND PAY OUR VENDORS IN A TIMELY MANNER.

Cons

SOMETIMES IF A CHECK IS ISSUED IN ERROR, IT WILL NOT ALLOW YOU TO DELETE THAT PAYMENT, ONLY VOID IT.

Reasons for Switching to Patriot Accounting

WE DECIDED TO GO WITH PATRIOT BECAUSE IT WAS MORE USER FRIENDLY AND HAD EVERYTHING WE NEEDED.

Response from Patriot Software

Thanks Brittany! We love when our customers realize the benefit of having both accounting and payroll software under one login! We appreciate you sharing your experience!

User friendly accounting software with good customer service based support

Reviewed on 07/03/2020

In short, I would say that it is the best fit for those who are looking for a system with affordable prices and userfriendly. I recommend this accounting system as a well-satisfied user.

Pros

This software as I mentioned in the title it is extremely user-friendly for even non-finance people and also those who are new to accounting and SME business. I have been using it and most of the time I could manage by myself without getting information from my data entry assistant due to their well-organized features. Moreover, if I do need to get any assistance from their customer support team, always address immediately to my queries without any delay. It was great since we were busy clients and fulfill our requirements with full satisfaction.

At last, but not least their prices are more affordable as much as lower and value for paid money.

Cons

I just experienced a few problems at the beginning with setting up the system, But there are plenty of video tutorials available for troubleshooting that are very useful and the customer service is very effective and readily available to address our queries then and there to resolve

Radena
  • Industry: Telecommunications

Best Software for our small company

Reviewed on 05/08/2022

This software helps in seeing the overall picture of where we are in the company. From accounting to having it linked with our bank, to invoicing. I haven't found anything that I don't like about it.

Pros

I really love the Invoicing feature. It is so easy to use. Once you get everything set up in the startup. you never have to worry again.

Cons

For our small company I haven't found anything wrong with this software. I didn't have to integrate from another software.

QuickBooks Desktop Pro

Reasons for Switching to Patriot Accounting

The price and for a small startup company, so easy to use. watched videos of both the QuickBooks, and patriot, I liked what I saw with patriot.
Tracy
  • Industry: Environmental Services

Good

Reviewed on 15/09/2020

Ive never had any problems and staff is always helpful

Pros

Its very user friendly and helps with paying employee tax. We dony have employees at the moment but they still submit the paperwork and I dont have to think about it.

Cons

I really with they would calculate quartlerly taxes and submit them. Quickbooks even though I am not a fan of them they had that option and it was so easy. I would pay more just for this feature.

Jonathan

Patriot Accounting

Reviewed on 03/02/2020

Overall, Patriot has been straight forward and easy to use. Their customer service has been quick and easy to get ahold of.

Pros

The best part about this software was the ease of setup. It's very easy to enter customers, receive payments, and keep track of expenses.

Cons

As someone who is new to accounting software, I did have to call customer service for some setup questions with adding in categories to track expenses.

QuickBooks Desktop Enterprise

Reasons for Switching to Patriot Accounting

We were recommended this program by a friend
Kelvin
  • Industry: Management Consulting

K. Baker Review for Accounting Software

Great tool for Small Businesses

Pros

Easy to Setup and Management. Critical Part of us receiving a PPP Loan.

Cons

Expand the program to allow project based billing and invoicing.

Deltek Vision

Reasons for Choosing Patriot Accounting

More suitable for our business. More tools to support our business.

Costs