Patriot Accounting Reviews

Patriot Accounting

Write a Review!
Save your time & money with affordable, easy-to-use software

4.6/5

Victor
  • Industry: Accounting

Great!

Reviewed on 21/01/2021

my overall experience with Patriot Accounting it has been amazing! I literaly started my own business with them!

Pros

this is a great product for someone that is either new to the accounting business, there is a "how to" video in every part of the software.

Cons

there is not much to say about this topic, however some older generation would appreciate a desktop version

Rob

Owner/President

Reviewed on 27/02/2024

I found the software to be very easy to use from the start. I feel it is much better than the QuickBooks software I used previously. I also found the customer service people to be very helpful and the fact that they are Americans makes it easier on me (my hearing is not as good as it once was).

Pros

Ease of set up, ease of use, and when customer service is needed, they are always easy to understand and have been amazing.

Cons

The problem with the emailing an invoice only from a Google browser. That is a minor inconvenience, but really the only inconvenience I have found so far with the software.

Laura

Customer Satisfaction

Reviewed on 04/03/2024

You get what you pay for when choosing an inferior cost point.

You get what you pay for when choosing an inferior cost point.

Pros

They pick up the line when calling in to Customer Support.

Cons

Accessing the training videos is a hassle on top of a hassle. It was not a simplified process. [sensitive content hidden] explained that you need to select "Help Info" at the top of your screen, then type in whatever it is you are searching for. When initially performing a specific search under "Help Info", this would bring up articles rather than training videos. In this regard, the site is not user friendly. Additionally, in speaking with Customer Support over time I became aware there is a lack of clarity and individual support. The default response to a majority of my calls made for specific support in using the product was "I do not have an answer for you; go to our website and perform a search under "Help Info" or play around with it; you're smart." Customers do not always have time to do so and receiving a rote response when calling for "support" is not helpful in any case. Patriot Software Staff must be trained specifically for this reason.

Pierpaolo

A Great Accounting Solution For Business

Reviewed on 08/04/2024

Pros

The tool makes handling accounting and financial reporting easy. It is well equipped.

Cons

Never had issues with Patriot Accounting.

Mary

Amazing Product

Reviewed on 14/07/2023

Patriot Software is absolutely amazing. It is a super easy format and set up. Very easy & simple to navigate and learn. You can not find an invoice & accounting product that does this much for this price point. I only wish I knew about it sooner. I was paying over $130 per month for just invoiced our customers. This software is a hidden Jem. I tell everyone I know about it!!

Pros

Super easy format to navigate and understand. I had no issues with my customers when I switched softwares. The price is amazing compared to what I was using. My monthly subscription price was consistently going up. I live the fixed pricing.

Cons

I have Zero cons with Patriot Software so far.

Dawn

Patriot is Great Value for the money.

Reviewed on 15/05/2023

It has been a great experience using this software compared to other high dollar programs.

Pros

Once the software was figured out it was easy to maneuver around the program and get where you want to be. Very user friendly and a great value.

Cons

Sometimes the plaid link to the bank accounts can glitch and then you have to re link it.

Brittany
  • Industry: Automotive

GREAT SOFTWARE

Reviewed on 22/12/2020

I AM HAPPY WITH THIS SOFTWARE AND MY EXPERIENCE HAS BEEN WONDERFUL

I AM HAPPY WITH THIS SOFTWARE AND MY EXPERIENCE HAS BEEN WONDERFUL

Pros

PATRIOT SOFTWARE MAKES IT EASY TO PAY EMPLOYEES, KEEP UP WITH INVOICES, AND PAY OUR VENDORS IN A TIMELY MANNER.

Cons

SOMETIMES IF A CHECK IS ISSUED IN ERROR, IT WILL NOT ALLOW YOU TO DELETE THAT PAYMENT, ONLY VOID IT.

Reasons for Switching to Patriot Accounting

WE DECIDED TO GO WITH PATRIOT BECAUSE IT WAS MORE USER FRIENDLY AND HAD EVERYTHING WE NEEDED.

Response from Patriot Software

Thanks Brittany! We love when our customers realize the benefit of having both accounting and payroll software under one login! We appreciate you sharing your experience!

Radena
  • Industry: Telecommunications

Best Software for our small company

Reviewed on 05/08/2022

This software helps in seeing the overall picture of where we are in the company. From accounting to having it linked with our bank, to invoicing. I haven't found anything that I don't like about it.

Pros

I really love the Invoicing feature. It is so easy to use. Once you get everything set up in the startup. you never have to worry again.

Cons

For our small company I haven't found anything wrong with this software. I didn't have to integrate from another software.

QuickBooks Desktop

Reasons for Switching to Patriot Accounting

The price and for a small startup company, so easy to use. watched videos of both the QuickBooks, and patriot, I liked what I saw with patriot.
Tracy
  • Industry: Environmental Services

Good

Reviewed on 15/09/2020

Ive never had any problems and staff is always helpful

Ive never had any problems and staff is always helpful

Pros

Its very user friendly and helps with paying employee tax. We dony have employees at the moment but they still submit the paperwork and I dont have to think about it.

Cons

I really with they would calculate quartlerly taxes and submit them. Quickbooks even though I am not a fan of them they had that option and it was so easy. I would pay more just for this feature.

Patriot Accounting Software

Reviewed on 15/01/2021

I like easy access , i have had no real issues and easily used reports to fill out taxes

Pros

mostly use it for Billing and payroll, I love the feature that I can now pay subs through the Payroll tool

Cons

adding new accounts is not logical and I have had trouble adding balance sheet account groups

Bob
  • Industry: Insurance

Patriot Accounting sofware

Reviewed on 27/02/2024

Thankfully I write less than 10 checks per month. Patriot double counts each one so it's a constant chore to keep my bank statement and Patriot to balance.

Pros

This is a very robust accounting solution.

Cons

I wish I had paid more attention in college accounting. Unfortunately, ease of use is not a primary strength.

Response from Patriot Software

Thanks for your review Bob. We appreciate your candor, and would like to help you understand your accounting software better. We're confident that if you call our support team, we will be able to show you the best way to reconcile your account with your bank statement and give you tips on how to use the software efficiently.

Scott

Written by people who have never done bookkeeping

Reviewed on 12/10/2022

From a bookkeeping perspective it is extremely cumbersome to use requiring far too many mouse clicks to do everyday tasks. Inability to make changes to entries that have errors creates more unnecessary work for bookkeeping.

Pros

Online invoicing and integrated credit card processing

Cons

Inability to choose or change which account payments come from in the payment screen.
Cumbersome entry of payments to vendors.
Inability to create recurring invoices without emailing them to customers

Sergio

Patriot does great accounting.

Reviewed on 14/02/2023

Very well done and simple.

Very well done and simple.

Pros

This software has been helping our company do great with our accounting tasks. The entire accounting team loves how easily and efficiently it helps to get the work done.

Cons

So far, we are happy with it in general.

Melissa

Best payroll and invoicing software!

Reviewed on 16/09/2020

I love it! Super easy and responsive customer support

I love it! Super easy and responsive customer support

Pros

Everything in one place and I had no idea what I was doing. Patriot made it easy.

Cons

I wish the reporting feature had more export to excel functions for filing my commercial liability, NC101 ESC form and employee wages for Child support reports as well as other government support employees need info supplied by employers. When I run a report for a customer it would be nice to be able to save that or export. I would love to customize and save the customization of emails mailed within Patriot invoicing.

Jeff
  • Industry: Staffing & Recruiting

Reviewed on 17/10/2022

Easy to use ... like the account reconciliation function

Easy to use ... like the account reconciliation function

Pros

Easy to use ... especially for non accounts like me.

Cons

Sometimes imputing transaction dates get clunky because the calendar gets in the way. I would be nice when imputing multiple vendor payments if the check number would default to the next number.

Our Peachtree system was outdated

Reasons for Switching to Patriot Accounting

Quickbooks was overpriced and was too complicated to set up. I did do a trial but did not like the system and they also reneged on a corporate discount they were offering through my franchisor.
Dee
  • Industry: Events Services

Coastal patriot

Reviewed on 07/10/2022

They have been there to help me from day one, and always happy to help.

They have been there to help me from day one, and always happy to help.

Pros

Customer service is everything to me. When I have a question, I need to know there is someone to help me. I am also excited about donating to conservative causes.

Cons

Learning a new software is never a great experience. The problem with new accounting software is that you can make a mistake that will live with you forever. Patriot Software understood my concerns and worked with me every step of the way. My current accounting may not be perfect, but it is the best representation of my business I could do with all the assistance I received.

William

Good but could be better

Reviewed on 08/10/2022

My overall experience with patriot is there a great customer service for the software is limited.

Pros

The features that are most impactful was the accounting and storing receipts and documents.

Cons

Invoice layout needs work, and some updates took away features that were useful.

Reasons for Switching to Patriot Accounting

Pricing was much better than other payroll software
Brian

Easy to use and offers a lot

Reviewed on 21/09/2020

It has been a huge upgrade coming from using spreadsheets on my own. The interface is easy to learn and there is always a good help page to show how to get started.

Pros

The thing I liked the most about Patriot Software was that it was easy to implement and learn how to use. I looked at other software for payroll and accounting but it seemed to have a lot of features I didn't need and it made the learning process confusing for those programs.

Cons

At first it was hard to link my credit union for the accounting portion but eventually I was able to do it. One other issue I was having was when I created an estimate there was no way to go back and edit it once it was created; you had to delete it and start a new estimate.

FreshBooks and QuickBooks Enterprise

Reasons for Switching to Patriot Accounting

It was recommended by someone and the other platforms included options that I didn't see myself using.
Dietmar

Beutifully executed software

Reviewed on 10/01/2021

I really could not be happier. What a contrast to Quickbooks.

I really could not be happier. What a contrast to Quickbooks.

Pros

Ease of use, logic rules. It matches my small business needs.

Cons

Create a file where I can pull pre written messages for quotes and alike from

Martin
  • Industry: Consumer Services

Best in Class!

Reviewed on 19/05/2022

Exceedingly positive. I can't say enough about the professionalism and personal service provided by Patriot's team. I am not an accountant, or bookkeeper, or tax consultant...and I don't want to be. Patriot's team gets that, and they treat us with respect and courtesy.

Pros

How much time do you have? I've used all of the major competitors in the field at some time or another. Patriot shares our values and beliefs, as evidenced in every interaction with them. The value for what they provide is unparalleled...not even close. Patriot has been completely transparent and there are no hidden fees or mysteries in function or cost. Patriot Software delivers what they promise and is always great to work with by phone or video conference. We feel like we are valued by them, and that is a plus for a small but growing business.

Cons

My only suggestion is, as always, integrations. I know "that other company" has been around a long time and exercises leverage on the industry. Patriot provides value and performs in a trustworthy and honest manner - we can wait for the integrations and grow with them.

QuickBooks Payroll and QuickBooks Online

Reasons for Switching to Patriot Accounting

Value, personal interaction, shared values
Larry

Great to Use

Reviewed on 30/01/2021

We were in the process of talking about going back to Quick Books and decided to stay with Patriot because of costs and ease of getting live help

Pros

Ease of getting into program

Ease of. getting help

Great to work with when calling in

Cons

When trying to get to certain options on the side to use, hard to maneuver to where you want to go

Cost

Cost
Dan

does the job

Reviewed on 21/10/2022

quickbooks was difficult to use and therefor terribly inaccurate.

quickbooks was difficult to use and therefor terribly inaccurate.

Pros

much easier to understand over the other guys. layout and simplicity help drastically

Cons

we keep learning things we're doing wrong and didn't know it. not sure how to solve the problem besides be better at accounting. but we find ourselves doing things one way for months and then find a problem with it. that's on our team but some help before the problem is to big would be best.

Peach Software

customer service mainly

the name mostly
Paulina

It is a user-friendly cloud-based accounting system for small business owners and accountants.

Reviewed on 30/04/2018

What I liked about it that it was quick and easy to use. The software did all the accounting jobs such as bill pay, paid contractors and vendors accurately, tracked the payments, and generated reports. It is great that it is available in the form of application.

Pros

This software is very easy to use. It allows to track customer invoices, pay bills, print forms and pay vendors. It also integrates with other Patriot products, such as Patriot payroll. One of the awesome features allows users to create default prices for products and services and specify the sales tax rate. In addition there is also a view of unpaid invoices and record payments from customers. In the report section users can track account balances, view balance sheets, profit and loss statements, vendor payments and more. This system is available in the form of application as well which is great, you can access your data from anywhere anytime.

Cons

I experience some problems at the beginning with setting up the system, however, there are videos available for trouble shooting that are very useful and the customer service is very effective and responsive.

John
  • Industry: Recreational Facilities & Services

Great Software

Reviewed on 08/09/2022

Great overall experience. In fact if they can add the multiple payroll account feature I will probably stay with them forever.

Pros

The cost to benefit ratio is huge. It is so much easier and cheaper than quickbooks, with much better support.

Cons

It would be nice to be able to record payroll to separate accounts. For instance If I wanted my management team payroll to come out of one account and my hourly payroll out of another.

Jennifer

My Review of Patriot Accounting

Reviewed on 22/09/2020

Overall my experience has been acceptable. Some features are very easy to work with while others seem to be more difficult, like keeping a running balance for the checking account where it is easy to see.

Pros

I really like the ease of the accounts reconciliation feature and the invoicing feature as well. Invoicing helps me to be sure I know whom I have collected from and what I am still owed.

Cons

I do not like that when using the withdrawal/deposit feature that there is no way to tell what my bank balance is without going to reports. Very inconvenient.