Workplace from Facebook

A simple and secure way to connect your organization.

4.4 /5 (981 reviews) Write a Review!
4.4
4.3
4.3
4.5
4.2
Alicia T.
Industry: Education Management

This software is below average compare to other solfware.

Used Other for 1-5 months
Reviewed on 25/09/2020

This is an okay software, however is it not reliable because not many Employers use this software so not all jobs that you see on Indeed or other software is not there.

Pros

I love that I am able to look for jobs outside of other professional jobs software such as indeed and monster jobs.

Cons

I use this software as a second hand search after I search indeed and other job software. I feel like not many available jobs are in there, only Employers who might use the software. It is not reliable because not all Employers use this software.

Likelihood to recommend: 4.0/10

A.l. M.
Industry: Writing & Editing

A Function Workspace for Teams

Used Other for 1+ year
Reviewed on 26/09/2019

Overall, Workplace did what we needed it to do and provided us with a functional, no-frills communication board to organize our projects.

Pros

What I like most about Workspace was the ease of communicating with entire teams set up based on individual projects. It allowed for a better workflow inside teams and from one team to the next.

Cons

What I liked least was the very limited features and the inability to have basic admin controls without upgrading. Removing nonactive team members was difficult and created a bit of an issue.

Josafat B.
Industry: Health, Wellness & Fitness

Many options that can help you

Reviewed on 19/08/2019

I really like using this tool because I can strengthen my products and reach more customers.

Pros

It has a nice interface, you have many options to visualize the statistics and the results you want to achieve, It is easy to use and you have a lot of support from Facebook when you have doubts.

Cons

When you want to campaign, you can have problems by not having your market well segmented.

Reymond H.
Industry: Human Resources
Company size: 5,001-10,000 Employees

Workplace by Facebook Overall Experience

Reviewed on 05/05/2020

Overall, we have a place where a group can work together and can have their meetings on their own. Easy messaging in case someone is not around. However, not all people or countries really familiarize this tool. It still needs more push to make the company employees use the platform rather than using others.

Pros

Personally, as Digital Marketing who is knowledgeable with different types of platforms, I really like it. However, some of my colleagues who are Saudis does not like Facebook and workplace features almost the same as regular Facebook. Overall looks and design are very user friendly.

Cons

Yes. The translation. Since this is for business applications, I think it makes sense that the messaging through workplace chat should have a feature for auto-translate. If this can be done, many none users of workplace will have to use the workplace to communicate with the team. It could break the barrier of language deficiency. Integration really is not so good, especially when creating chatbots or linking it to tasks scheduler.

Md M.
Industry: Consumer Electronics
Company size: Self Employed

Facebook is my work assistant and retirement partner.

Reviewed on 08/02/2020

Of the 7.53 billion people in the world today, 2.4 billion people use Facebook, so there's nothing more to say about Facebook's popularity. Apart from the higher educated people, the less educated people can use Facebook very easily and this is why news of one place in the world spreads to other places. The news that popular media can't promote is on Facebook.

Pros

Facebook has taken a big leap as a social media platform. Facebook is deeply embedded in our daily lives. The importance of Facebook in the workplace is immense, so the work can be easily shared by the team. Currently Facebook is a large marketplace, with more subscribers, the advertisement is easily visible in the eyes of the people. Facebook has become such a friend of the people, that it can be easily shared with everyone on the timeline, regardless of the hardships and pleasures of the mind. Many lost friends of school life are found through Facebook. Audio calling In addition to the video calling facility, live chat can be shared with everyone.

Cons

Facebook has a lot of negative effects that are unknown to anyone. Facebook is considered a drug addiction, the boys and girls of the current generation are spoiling their education while chatting on Facebook. The illiterate people confuse others with irrelevant pictures on Facebook they do not understand. If the device is not secured, private files can be easily viewed by anyone and can delete important images, One of the major problems is that the photos uploaded to Facebook become much smaller than before.

Etta R.
Industry: Education Management

A whole new way of permitting people to be the part of prevailing technology by working together.

Reviewed on 06/05/2020

Truly speaking, Workplace by Facebook is a professional version empowering people to construct a team and achieve everything through internal communication.

Pros

Workplace by Facebook is a platform that is built in application by Facebook. It enables multiple users to connect with each other by assembling groups chats, supporting video calls. It entitles instant messaging and live streaming as well. Live video calling is its enthralling feature so that people can broadcast live straight through their devices. This system is meticulously planned to allow legion-company collaborations with outside teams and partners. Workplace gives people an opportunity to work on common task to attain their goals. It's auto-translation feature has made life much easier that helps people to understand more wisely. This platform builds motivates and promotes people to work in harmony. It's easy to use and a user-friendly platform with troubled-free interface.

Cons

Concisely, Workplace by Facebook offers multiple options to work in a more advanced fashion but show some stumbling blocks. It can make group chats for only upto fifty colleagues and not more, thus causing problem for mass. More over sometimes it also generates spam contents which is a complete wastage of time. Also no tracking system is installed in there to keep a record of tasks and projects. Along with this, sharing off the record information and documentations on this platform is a bit doubtful.

Jenny M.

My company used Facebook Workplace for a bit before we switched over to Slack + Basecamp.

Reviewed on 09/05/2018

Pros

The Workplace features and functionalities are what I like best because they're more unique than other programs. I've used Slack which I've seen vastly improve company communication (in terms of speediness + efficiency) and company culture (due to GIFs and groups)... I've used Basecamp which has incredibly improved project management + clarity. Workplace, though, is specifically good for onboarding and training. I love the poll feature, too, and I haven't seen that used in other programs. However, the poll feature should be used for strictly non-emotional topics. I've used it to get my team to choose a preference in a date or a time or a food option. It shouldn't be used for diverse or political topics.

Run polls in Groups to get a quick pulse on company issues
Use Workplace Chat bots to make payroll, benefits or onboarding processes quicker and easier
Share Live Videos, webinars and articles for more efficient training
Connect new hires to the team (and each other) using Multi-Company Groups
Recognise employees quickly and easily in News Feed with a simple Reaction or even a GIF

Cons

I think because Workplace is a Facebook product companies are less likely to invest in it for company culture / communication due to Facebook's social media nature which doesn't scream 'productivity' to corporate higher-ups. Also, the data security issues happening right now al make companies trust Facebook less especially because Workplace is for business.

Likelihood to recommend: 5.0/10

Leon C.
Company size: 501-1,000 Employees

Useful and fun to use.

Reviewed on 26/09/2018

Workplace makes my everyday job feels more like an easy-going stress free experience. I think every company should try it out; it is a great way to get to know the people you work with, interact with them, and team up efficiently.

Pros

This is not the first social network focused on a Company's Business, but Facebook being behind Workplace surely makes it one of the highest grossing Enterprise-Driven Networks right now.

The Interface is friendly and as expected, quite similar to Facebook, for not saying identical. It has its obvious differences when it comes to certain features that are more adapted to a Professional environment.

The best description to the positive assets that I can give to Workplace is that it is a fun way to get to know the employees of the company you work for, you might find people with the same interests, share funny jokes, videos, photos, statuses, create and join groups, etc.

You can create events to invite your co-workers, or even schedule meetings and endeavors that are more related to your company’s main goals.

It is easy to use, and if you are a Facebook user you will feel at home.

Cons

Just like in Facebook, the main App and the Messenger are separate softwares.

Sometimes you might get overloaded by notification's mails on your inbox.

Depending on the company's size, some features might become confusing when working at a big Enterprise, such as having too many groups to choose from with similar goals/topics.

Bukola S.

Improves the communication workflow in my organization.

Reviewed on 06/05/2018

Pros

We use Workplace in my organization to connect every of my organizations staff in every location ,team and department. It is handy for project collaborations and provides me with multiple ways to communicate with my team members from chatting , video calls ,audio calls ,group comments etc
It has a short learning curve as it is very similar with Facebook social network ,and has an almost identical user interface and functionality. It integrates efficiently with some of our regularly used third party solutions at work like Azure ,Bluejeans and Okta.

Cons

I dislike that I am only able to access Facebook workplace via a VPN at work ,and also I see very little difference between Facebook social network and Facebook workplace and honestly , Facebook social will easily replace this program in any organization. So I wonder why we have to pay to use Facebook workplace premium ,when we can access most of the features for free on Facebook social.

Industry: Marketing & Advertising

It's like facebook, only on a professional level

Reviewed on 09/10/2018

We use it at our agency every day. Facebook's problems seem to be Workplace's problems: when many people post per day, it's hard too see all status updates. So you become stuck with 2 endless feeds of posts from people. Otherwise, it's better than Slack in my book, for what I use it for - infrequent status updates.

Pros

- Easy to get started: If you use/love Facebook, you'll use/love this.
- Lots of privacy features: You can follow people, not use a picture, only join certain groups - feels more private than regular Facebook.
- Feels snappier: I don't know if it's because we only use it for about 40 people, but the overall desktop experience feels faster than Facebook, which is a plus in my book.

Cons

- Endless feed of updates from colleagues, same as with regular facebook.
- A lot of features from regular Facebook aren't present in Workplace - yet.
- Groups can be addictive to join, but also hard to manage.

Shreya A.
Company size: 501-1,000 Employees

Wonderful platform to keep you connected with your organizations activities

Reviewed on 30/07/2019

We use Workplace for notifying birthdays, work anniversaries, client appreciations and new wins. For any events taking place in the company, it is very easy to arrange a poll. I feel connected to my organization and it is easy to recognize, appreciate, ask queries to a large group of people. Overall, it is a wonderful software and is worth the value.

Pros

This is a wonderful product that allows you to keep a track of all the activities of your organization. As this follows the exact same pattern as Facebook, it doesn't require any training and is very easy to use.
One can create common interest groups, share videos images, post questions and polls and various other stuff. It keeps the employees engaged and create a sense of belonging within the organization.

Cons

I don't think there is anything that one would not like about this software. One thing which can sometimes be annoying can be bulk notifications but there's always an option to configure your settings.

Marimay A.
Industry: Outsourcing/Offshoring

Very Useful

Reviewed on 06/02/2019

What we got here, is a software that not only useful in our business but also worth a try. The software allows us to monitor the quality of service we give to our clients. Thus making us more valuable not only to them but also to our line of business. Giving us opportunity to give feedback and at the same time review the points which we missed to focus on. Also allows us to communicate outside the workplace or office.

Pros

Use for our team collaboration. We are using this software as a fraud agent, we have the access to use this for verification of some accounts. Normally we use this for updates on what's going on with the team service level, specially outside office where we need to work at home very useful.

Cons

No Least for this, I Would rather suggest that, to those who haven't tried it, this is really a must try software.

Traci C.
Industry: Veterinary

Stay connected in a time of need!

Reviewed on 24/11/2020

Workplace is an amazing environment to communicate and share information with each other in a time when everyone is working remotely. It is so nice to just put out a post to your team and get feedback immediately. We use workplace to communicate among other practice managers and share ideas across the country. If we didn't have workplace during covid I don't know how I would have figured out how to adapt to the new way of life. Workplace is awesome!

Pros

It's so easy to share information with colleagues or groups on Workplace. All the documents are stored in one place and easy to find. I love workplace chat as well and that you can talk with your team easily.

Cons

I do wish there was a way to follow a post if you want to go back to it later and see what someone put for an answer other than commenting on the post to follow.

Industry: Online Media

Keeping Our Global Organization Connected

Reviewed on 06/01/2021

Overall, I have had a great experience with Workplace. It has enabled our organization to stay connected which has been crucial during the pandemic. I also enjoy using Workplace to connect with other employees through interest groups.

Pros

Workplace is very easy to use and it's a great tool for connecting with colleagues. One of my favorite features is the directory portion of workplace where you can search for colleagues and look up information like their title, timezone, team structure, etc. It's great for finding out who people are without needing to ask around and in pre-covid times, seeing someone's photo enabled me to find them in the office even if we hadn't met yet. Our organization also has a massive portfolio of brands so workplace helps me to keep track of them. We also use Workplace for company wide announcements and it's a convenient place for us to access all of our company policies and documents.

Cons

I sometimes feel that I get too many email notifications for things that I'm not interested in. Other than that, it's a great product.

Industry: Education Management

A fun way to know your colleagues

Reviewed on 12/09/2018

I really like Workplace for what it is, a fun, engaging platform.

Pros

It's not revolutionary or anything, but it uses the interface of a social network, with corporate features. We use it in my business, and everyone likes it. It is also easy to use because everyone in the company has a Facebook. For this reason, the setup was easy, and everyone was on board fairly quickly.

We still use it to this day. I learned to know many colleagues on this platform.

Cons

It's not the most complete software ever. We use it for fun. Also, we know that it's secured, but some people became worried that maybe it wasn't that safe and stopped using it.

Camille K.
Industry: Computer Software

Facebook for business - a nice tool with some opportunities

Reviewed on 26/09/2020

By the time that I started using Workplace, we had a switch in our way-of-work and it helped us during this period of time. But later, when our work returned as usual, another systems was installed in our computers and we switched to the system. I guess workplaces still need some improvements for business, but in general, it was a good experience.

Pros

The best feature for me was the video meetings functionality, because of the great quality of the images as well as the number of people that could be in the video call. Another important functionality was the file sharing system between groups on the platform, because of the ease-of-use and the possibility to transfer larger documents.

Cons

I disliked the large amount of notifications that are received from the groups that I participated. This impacts directly on my productivity at work, because it spent a considerable amount of time. Another thing that I disliked was the fact that I was inserted on many groups without my permission. I believe that if the platform sent me a notification with a request to accept to join the group, my experience could be better.

Likelihood to recommend: 5.0/10

Brian M.
Industry: Civil Engineering

Workplace by facebook is a winning collaborative tool

Reviewed on 12/09/2019

Workplace by facebook is a phenomenal collaborative tool that I would recommend to anyone particularly interested in using it.

Pros

Workplace by Facebook is a winning collaborative tool that is both fun to use and very professional.
It is a feature-rich tool which is wonderfully crafted to anticipate every need of the users.
It was an easy tool to set up, invite colleagues and to use.
I love that its a great tool that supports various types of media.
Its an informative tool which we use to post new memos and it stays both fun and the professionality is not reduced in any way.
It's a great productivity tool that adds great value to any company, firm or industry.

Cons

Only that the only limitation is that it requires a steady internet supply to function well and an good internet connection is not always available. Also, I find the many email notifications particularly annoying.

Pedro h. R.

Not Perfect, But A Great Means Of Bringing Collaborators Together

Reviewed on 20/05/2019

Workplace enables a better communication between collaborators of the company, which leads to relationships and groups with common interests, making the company more united. It's also a great means for delivering news and important messages from the company to the collaborators. It lacks some features to be more complete, but overall is a great addition to a company.

Pros

I like how it's very close of what Facebook is, while retaining a more corporate approach. I love how it can be used at the same time for company matters (like announcements) and personal matters relevant to collaborators (like groups dedicated to sports and cuisine).

Cons

It lacks some basic features to become more comprehensive of users needs, like the ability to make a livestream in the cellphone on landscape mode.

Industry: Higher Education

In terms of reports and discussions of certain matters, Workplace aids and helps our institution.

Reviewed on 08/05/2018

The Workplace provides tools to institutions or groups of people where they can communicate discussions of a certain topic or matters. The Workplace also serves as their repository of notes, updates, developments and even files of a certain discussion.

Pros

I am fascinated by the tools it provides the users in creating groups for certain topics and discussions. Also the features of attaching files that are relevant and useful to a certain discussion. And also I like the notification feature of Workplace for the members of the group whenever there are posts and developments in the a topic. The search feature is also helpful to the users.

Cons

As of this time that I am using Workplace, I really do not see a thing that I do not like or need. All features are useful to our institution.

Jennifer H.
Industry: Consumer Services
Company size: Self Employed

Workplace by Facebook

Reviewed on 21/05/2020

My overall experience with Facebook workplace has been great because I've actually had a few jobs I was hired for with using Facebook. I think it is successful and a great idea for younger adults looking for jobs since Facebook is such a big deal.

Pros

I love that Facebook decided to do workplaces. It makes it so much easier to find jobs in my area and to apply for them as well.

Cons

No cons at all. They have it together and it was a great idea for them to do this on Facebook. Instead of it just being for social, and friends, they turned Facebook into a useful tool for finding and applying for jobs.

Company size: 1,001-5,000 Employees

A corporate social media platform with not so great value proposition

Reviewed on 16/03/2019

As long as you are using the free version, it solves the information dissemination problem and some feeds from Harvard business review, yahoo finance etc., but offers nothing more. Premium version is a bit pricey and offers very little in terms of value additions. Integrations are alright, nothing to write home about. Metrics are limited to closed and open groups, secret group statistics are nowhere to be found.

Pros

A familiar format
Notification flexibility
Group-specific live streaming

Cons

A bit pricey for the offering
Premium version doesn't support SSO or analytics and lot

Amanda R.
Industry: Hospitality

Love

Reviewed on 25/11/2020

Easy to teach
Really have enjoyed this product

Pros

It's so easy to use and to teach people to use - because it's facebook! Which everyone has Already haha

Cons

Can get complicated with too many groups - also notifications sometimes don't work on androids which I do not know how to fix

Beau K.
Industry: Higher Education

Friendly Platform

Reviewed on 03/06/2019

I never had problems with clocking in or finding important worker data. It is amazing how much this software can do to keep things regarding human capital management digital.

Pros

I liked how easy it was to make time changes and communicate with management. It was also a wonderful feature to be able to see your tax information so easily.

Cons

I did not like that log in process. You could not login from just typing in the website and then logging in. You had to use a special link to login every time for me.

Nikki D.
Industry: Nonprofit Organization Management

Great social platform for business

Reviewed on 06/07/2020

Pros

Workplace by Facebook is a great business tool to connect with the thousands involved in our enterprise. Unlike LinkedIn, Workplace is more intuitive since it is very similar to personal Facebook. It's easy to look at information from the various groups I'm in, follow posts, search for previous posts, share ideas with my colleagues, etc.

Cons

The home screen is not always intuitive (being stuck in a group rather than a highlights feed). My email notifications on when things get posted in certain groups or there are new comments on posts I'm following are sometimes repetitive as well.

Great collaboration tool

Reviewed on 08/10/2020

Good experience and fast communication in my team

Pros

It is vey easy to use, since it has the same UI as Facebook. Many features and integrations are available.

Cons

The video chat sometimes is not working properly. File sharing could be improved (There is no possibility to create folders)