Outlook Customer Manager

Lightweight CRM for Outlook in Office 365

4.6/5 (8720 reviews)
Deba O.
Industry: Oil & Energy

The one stop software for serious business and office productivity

Reviewed on 07/12/2018

I have used office 365 for both personal use and for deployment for clients and I can boldly say that there is nothing quite like office 365 and clients always almost never have negatives except kudos for this suite. Many of them categorically ask for office 365 and won’t settle for another. It is a complete catalyst for productivity ouside the pricing.

Pros

Microsoft is excellent in its support for office 365 and whenever I have needs to call on them, they have always responded and even for clients I cannot go to, the support from Microsoft sometimes mean that my input is not even needed to overcome their complaints.
There is a staggering volume of effective updates for office 365. I recall having an issue with outlook on a client’s platform that resulted in a system crash whenever he tries to access it. He called me and complained and I was supposed to go fix it by the weekend. Incidentally, an update was released that same day and by the time he installed the new update, that issue was magically solved and thus saved me the stress of embarking on that trip. I will never forget that because it was an already hectic period for me.
There is 1TB of secure OneDrive storage which comes with a business version of 365 which some of my clients appreciates because it saves the cost of getting additional cloud storage from other vendors.
Accessibility is very key in my line of duty and the ability to access word, excel, power point, Skype and use outlook as found in office 365 domiciled on my pc and in the cloud anywhere I am, gives me the confidence to take on many tasks.
The collaboration tools like SharePoint and Microsoft Teams is useful for teamwork and integration of processes amongst departments of large organizations.
Another amazing thing about office 356 is that the developers are consistently improving on the application.

Cons

It is a very bloated suite and many clients don’t make use of up to 50% of the functions embedded in it.
The suite is not completely available on some platforms. For instance, I once tried to deploy it on a client’s MAC only to find out that Microsoft publisher was not available.
Maybe it is just me but I think the pricing for office 365 is incredulous when compared to similar suites.
For slow internet, the online application for programs like Access and excel is going to test your patience especially for large tables and data.

Esther R.
Company size: Self Employed

Best Option for Automatically-Updated Office Installs, But Not the Greatest Value

Reviewed on 03/12/2019

Office 365 fits a very specific purpose, but it's a purpose that is very common in office environments: ensuring that you always have the latest version of Office applications available to you, including on multiple computers if you choose one of the higher-priced packages. Gone are the days of needing to purchase each new edition of Office every 3 years, because Office 365 automatically upgrades whenever a new version is released. The downside is, you're then locked into a monthly subscription, and then if you cancel it, all the money you spent leaves you with no access to the applications. This may not be a problem for everyone, but it is frustrating at times to realize you are essentially just "renting" access to the software. Its activation system is also a bit buggy, as Word regularly asks me to sign into my Microsoft account to re-activate the software, despite nothing on my account changing. If you can get beyond these issues, however, Office 365 definitely fills an important niche.

Pros

Always provides the latest version of all Office applications, can be used on multiple computers (depending on package purchased), offers OneDrive storage included with the packages

Cons

Becomes expensive over time, local installs of the applications sometimes need to be reactivated due to bugs in the activation system, locks you in to a specific software ecosystem

Likelihood to recommend: 7.0/10

Christine G.
Industry: Education Management

Outstanding for Productivity, Communication, and Curation of Documents

Reviewed on 06/02/2020

One of the reasons we moved to Office 365 is to eliminate the need for onsite servers to house our users' docs-- no more fear of server crashes and loss of files. Also since we are connected to the cloud (OneDrive), files are autosaved and it is easier for users to find their files (did I save it to the computer? to the server? Where??). Our organization has realized better more instant communication, everyone is on track with meetings and events because of the robust features off Outlook Calendar, and we are able to collaborate in real time remotely.

Pros

Within Office 365, apps cover everything you need including file storage, a virtual notebook, forms/surveys, a team work hub (that includes video conferencing built in!), presentation tools, email and calendars, and of course content creation with Word, Powerpoint, and Excel. My favorite of all is the Teams app, which allows for an internal work hub that emulates a social media network with private chats and group channels-- very user friendly. A work team can share files, curate links, embed 3rd party apps and collaborate in real time all in one place. My work place is moving away from the cluttered email box and now communicating almost exclusively in teams! There is even a platform embedded for creating an Intranet Website. And if you are very ambitious, there is an app for creating your own workflows, project planners, and dynamic apps.

Cons

There is so much to the Office 365 that it is difficult to roll out to a large organization. Companies should plan well and transition to Office 365 in measured phases. It required a culture shift and a lot of training to move our people over to this software.

Company size: 10,001+ Employees

Power Pack of Enterprise Security Features and Seamless Integration with Office Tools

Reviewed on 03/12/2019

Security is the major benefit of any Microsoft Product, Starting from setting the basic permission for email to configure the productivity suite products like Word or Microsoft based on the user permission is easy to handle in Office 365 compare to other products. Also, the Microsoft Teams allows integration with other popular enterprise product suites or apps JIRA and enables the smooth integration

Pros

Office 365 is the collection of all the well known Microsoft Collaboration and Productivity suite of tools that makes the business simpler and powerful without compromising the security. Starting from outlook email access to office tools like Word/Powerpoint it is easy to configure based on the user settings and allows to host the enterprise application through comp portal. Specifically, the support for mobility is amazing. It allows me to configure the office email setup without any additional work based on the rules set by the administrator.

Cons

One of the major drawback is, it will not allow work properly if you have more than one office 365 accounts. In my case, My client and my organization both are started to use the Office 365 as the primary hosting platform. And most of the cases, it will request me to delete any of the other accounts and I need to re-configure to check the other email. Switching between the accounts is not easy.

Jeanne C.
Industry: Law Enforcement

50/50

Reviewed on 19/01/2019

I'm on the fence about Office 365. Some of the features work really well like the applications. Other features like OneDrive aren't as trustworthy as I had hoped. Our company has had issues with accessing files on OneDrive and SharePoint. Microsoft tech support usually has the problem resolved within 24 hours. But for a 24 hours facility, sometimes that's not fast enough. Ultimately the decision was not mine to move to Office 365. Had I known it wasn't very reliable, I would have waited to transition to it.

Pros

SharePoint is a good function for a medium to large sized business. We use it to post documents that our staff use consistently so they can find everything in one place. The documents can get kind of buried in the file structure but it's ideally the same as Windows Explorer once you get used to it. It's nice that you can personalize the sites with background photos and text. Another great feature is the downloadable apps that you get with an E3 account. You can download the apps on a number of computers so you can use it anywhere. Additionally you can download the apps on your phone or tablet.

Cons

OneDrive has given me some trouble when I've got the folder linked with my computer. If you upload things to the OneDrive via internet browser, it's great. Once I added it to my desktop and opened the file window to be used in addition to the web browser, it got questionable. I would open files from the file explorer window and edit them and they wouldn't upload to OneDrive when saved. It's something you really have to keep an eye on. Maybe it was my network card or internet connection. But when you have more than one person editing the same files at different times, you never know if you're getting the most up to date version of that file. I've lost a lot of data because of this. Also when you create Groups and try to use that group for an email, you have to be sure to expand the group or it won't be sent as an email. It will send as a group message and most of the people I work with don't know how to view that.

Likelihood to recommend: 6.0/10

Billy G.

A Bridge That Should Be Burned

Reviewed on 16/01/2020

Were it not for the desktop app (particularly Outlook) compatibility, this would be a stellar product. As offered it is a stellar product with a trap door that casts users and IT staff into anti-productivity blackness.

Pros

This is a viable contender to Google's G-Suite. It offers a smoother transition from the old Microsoft desktop world of programs.

Cons

In offering a transition from the old world, Microsoft adds a compatibility layer that accommodates desktop apps while at the same time providing cloud/SAAS versions of the tools.

Herein lies the hazard.

The cloud/SAAS shift offers great opportunity to simplify the Byzantine features and controls that grew like tumors on desktop applications. They are the very things that users obsess over and spend a lot of their time adjusting, managing, customizing... wasting time on. Those "features" drown employees, who in turn are rescued by IT staff. It is a cost multiplier.

I spent entirely too much time recreating the desktop environments, Outlook being the worst, because employees wanted to click on a familiar icon and experience exactly what they experienced prior to their move to Office 365. With that completed, everyone is happy and they have no interest in exploring the cloud, not even to share files. They still use thumb drives.

I'm sure other work environs are different, but I'm just as sure that what I just experienced is not unique.

I see this as Microsoft's missed opportunity to do the job right. Instead, they chose to milk the legacy cow at the cost of impeded future progress.

Likelihood to recommend: 5.0/10

Zied D.
Industry: Mechanical or Industrial Engineering

Simply the best office suite

Reviewed on 09/01/2020

As a team manager and project manager, I do my everyday tasks with Office 365.
Teams is the best teamwork software in the market. It is complete and you can do a lot of things in the same software (Chat, work on files, have meetings, organize meetings, integrate other softwares such as Trello for example).
Word, PowerPoint and Excel, used by everyone in every company, are the most advanced and complete softwares in the market.

Pros

Office 365 is complete. All the softwares supplied by Office 365 helps everyday doing the hundred of tasks.
Word, PowerPoint and Excel are the best softwares in the market today, against Google GSuite.
Excel is a very powerful tool for tables, dynamic tables and calculation.
Microsoft Teams is the daily software you will use to organize your team work : Shared files, grouped discussion, meeting and conferences, ...
Office is made for very small, small, big and very big companies. It is easy to works with customers, suppliers if you have Office because most of the companies uses Office.

Cons

Sometimes two softwares can do the same task. It can be difficult to understand which software to use.
For example, to work and shared files, you can do it with OneDrive and Teams.
An explanation of the softwares and what they do could be interesting for users.

Richard C.
Industry: Utilities
Company size: 1,001-5,000 Employees

Office 365 is Amazing

Reviewed on 27/12/2019

The best thing about O365 is having access to all your files anywhere on any device. I can't accentuate how convenient this is, especially if you travel. If I'm in a meeting, being driven to the airport or office, or in the gym and I get a call or text that someone needs documentation right away, I can simply email or text it from my phone. Before that I'd go to the gym with my laptop just in case I got a call and needed to take care of something. And then I'm relying on my gym's WiFi to connect so I can take care of it. I don't have to worry about any of this with O365. As long as I have data, I can do whatever I want.

Pros

I like how all of my Microsoft products are connected. They work together to provide me a more convenient user experience. I love how I can access all of my files on any device whenever I need it. Exchange Online is also amazing. It's a much better experience - more features, such as enhanced filtering and search capabilities. I also love easy access to OneNote, Planner, Project, Teams, etc., and how they all integrate with each other. This is just a perfect offering. It is amazing.

Cons

Getting the configurations correct has been challenging. For OneDrive for example, we have a setting that allows managers access to all of their employees' files. This was a problem, and a little difficult to figure out how to turn that feature off. However, the support we have with O365 is fantastic. They walked us through it and it turned out to not be as difficult as we thought. It's nice to have someone walk you through the more challenging parts.

April L.
Industry: Nonprofit Organization Management

Office 365 for Business

Reviewed on 17/11/2019

Seldomly, files that are shared have become locked to the original author, without showing its locked to the authors account. The more you use this software, the more comfortable and familiar it will come. It is the most user friendly Microsoft product I have used and trial and error works to discover some functions. Microsoft is also working towards the functionality of its products with Android phones which I do use to access my office 365 account in different todo list widgets, my boomerang email app, my calenders, or organizations and personal cloud, Word & Excel etc, and your phone companion app which allows you to get texts and notifications on your windows computer, move photos from device to device, and share your phone screen.

Pros

Microsoft offers a Web Portal, or integration into your Outlook app, as well as the ability to sync your Onedrive with Windows File Explorer.

There are many useful tools that you can add-on such as To-Do, a note taking app that can sync with android phones and where you can flag emails to show up in a to do list; Boomerang, which can resend emails to the top of your inbox when you want it or you can schedule emails to send to your contacts at a later time; Skype for Business, and many more. With all of the functionality these add-ons bring, all of the basics are covered in the apps that are already included such as Outlook, Word & Excel & the other apps (online apps), Calendar, Onedrive, SharePoint (or Sites), Teams. The online versions of Word, Excel, PowerPoint, & Publisher do have limited functionality, but most business level subscriptions also provides access to the desktop apps where your files will sync real time. There is no longer a reason to download documents, edit, and resend to everyone else who needs to edit info. If you're accounts are all synced, those files will remain intact. Multiple people can work on them at the same time and changes with be automatically synced and saved.

Cons

There have been many updates to the look, feel, and general usability of OneDrive and SharePoint. SharePoint lacks some organization and doesn't always accurately show who uploaded, or edited documents. OneDrive is a great tool for saving all your files to the cloud, however, when others share files with just you, you are not given the function to sort, or organize this section, making it hard to find live files.

Blair P.
Industry: Religious Institutions

A must have for any office

Reviewed on 24/10/2019

Overall, this is excellent software that's well worth the annual fee that Microsoft charges. I would highly recommend it to anyone looking for an Office suite of software, whether a small office or larger organization.

Pros

Office 365 is packed with great software at a great annual price. It's simple to use, but also very powerful. I primarily use Word and PowerPoint for my job and I find it quick, easy and effective. The new feature where PowerPoint makes suggestions to improve your slide is really nice and often spurs ideas in me.

Outlook is a powerful email, contact and calendar that you can use across multiple platforms and share with co-workers and family. One more than one occasion it has helped me remember important dates and appointments as well as keeping on track regarding my work responsibilities.

I don't use excel, but people I know who do speak highly of it and how flexible and powerful it is.

Cons

There is very little about Office 365 I don't like. Outlook could use an aesthetic overhaul in my opinion, but that's a pretty minor gripe for software as powerful as this.

Kevin Z.
Industry: Food & Beverages

Upgrading from an older version of Microsoft Office made simple

Reviewed on 31/01/2020

My overall experience with this is similar to Office 2010 Professional in that it works very well, it is intuitive and easy to learn. We mainly use Word, Excel, Outlook and Access and find that they all integrate seamlessly. Adding multiple email servers to Outlook is as straightforward as it gets with many IMAP and POP server configurations working without issue on PC and Mobile devices. Finally being able to make archival backups for our saved local email files easily made this the oblivious choice.

Pros

Upgrading from Office 2010 Professional Plus to Office 365 Business was a very simple process for us, our older files written in the 2010 format were imported to Office 365 with no lost data or compatibility issues at all. The software layout is very similar so there was little to no downtime learning a whole new program which seems to be common with Microsoft software, any buttons that were removed or changed were ones we didn't use anyway. With the added security of OneDrive cloud backup and steady updates we never have to worry about a out of date program slowing or stopping productivity. If you are on an older version now is a great time to upgrade to 365.

Cons

We have had no issues with Office 365. however, if your business has a slower than average internet connection it could very well become an issue in that this is a cloud based software suite. before you commit to using it it would be a good idea to run a speed check on your internet and make sure you have an adequate connection at all times. Finally this is a newer piece of software so making sure your PC is up to date is important as well.

Industry: Music
Company size: 501-1,000 Employees

The clear winner when it comes to office productivity

Reviewed on 03/05/2019

Organisation has now moved from a totally on-premise hosting infrastructure to a hybrid solution, with Exchange server no longer being used and mailboxes moved to cloud Exchange hosting. Office 2007 package has been replaced with Office 365 ProPlus licencing that can activate the newest version of the Office suite. Users can now access files via SharePoint and can work from home, meaning VPN and on-premises file storage can be deprecated if required.

Pros

Very user-friendly interfaces that are intuitive and take very little training to pick up. On a subscription model with continuous feature updates. Office 365 subscription means applications can be accessed via a web interface or can be used to activate an installation of the current Office productivity suite (depending on subscription level). Support is quick to respond and provide solutions. Easy for administrators in an enterprise setting to alter licencing levels for users.

Cons

Due to the nature of cloud subscriptions if there is a outage on Microsoft's side or network issues, this can affect accessibility to the Office 365 suite. Often if there are issues, the service health dashboard available to administrators is slow to be updated with outage information. Pricing can be excessive for higher-level subscription licencing.

Edward P.
Industry: Construction
Company size: 1,001-5,000 Employees

All the tools that every office need.

Reviewed on 13/11/2019

You can't go wrong with Office 365, it is the more powerful and complete suite of programs for your business that you can get on the market. We have been using it for 5+ years and we are very pleased.

Pros

You can get Microsoft Exchange (email) and also applications such as Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and OneNote and other business services, such as Skype for Business, OneDrive, Forms, Microsoft Teams and SharePoint, all in one package.

Cons

Microsoft keep adding (in some cases removing) applications all the time. It's very hard for the IT department to keep track and implement these new apps, by the time you catch up the tools are being deprecated.

Carissa J.
Industry: Higher Education
Company size: 10,001+ Employees

Easy to use and good options for students, staff, faculty

Reviewed on 10/12/2019

I would recommend Office 365 to all companies, regardless of the cost. The functionality of all of the different apps and the ability to switch from mobile to desktop without any hiccups is what makes this software special and a winner! Microsoft Word is the benchmark software for all industries, and is an imperative necessity for anyone in higher education (students/faculty/staff). OneNote is another amazing tool that enhances collaboration and increases learning curves through training because you are able to keep very updated documentation and send out to a group in a super efficient and simple way.

Pros

Very easy to use and offers great tools for students, faculty, and staff to collaborate. Features like OneNote and your basic office software (word/powerpoint/excel) are great to have in a web version for easy and quick access without worrying about accessibility and compatibility issues. My office utilizes OneNote to collaborate and train our employees on our team daily, while also utilizing it for note taking and other options with outside vendors as well. OneNote is an amazing tool that is incorporated with Office 365 and it has helped our students remain organized and work in groups/collaborate in courses in an efficient manner as well. Word/Powerpoint/Excel have been around for some time, but the functionality and ease of using them in a web version has allowed our students, faculty, and staff to be more mobile and not stuck to a desk all of the time. The Office 365 software is great in a web/mobile version!

Cons

Sometimes there are some issues with syncing web updates (like onenote updates) to a desktop, but they usually resolve themselves pretty quickly. Depending on what administrator settings your company has, you may have a little trouble getting the sync figured out, but once it is set up, the ability to work wherever, whenever, is amazing! I would recommend Office 365 to all companies, regardless of the cost.

Joyce C.

I prefer office 365 to Google Suite

Reviewed on 03/12/2019

I prefer 365 over Google Suites and am frustrated by younger team members push for Google. I find 365 support far superior and technical support staff always helpful. I use all 365 products regularly in my work day and find it more reliable.

Pros

- ability to work from anywhere as long as I have internet
-cloud based so I have access to all my files even when on a different computer
- Access my email, files and all Microsoft programs from any location and device
-great customer support
-can work on device vs cloud and then save on device or cloud
-share documents- collaborate
- security
- no licensing issues- everyone in office has same service and upgrades at the same time

Cons

-since everything is cloud based if issues with internet equal issues access files
-updates can take a lot of time
-you have to purchase a subscription
- changing features
-- sometimes get "hung up" and doesn't do anything and will self shut down

Michael B.
Industry: Nonprofit Organization Management

Probably The Best Software For Enterprise Email

Reviewed on 04/12/2019

It has been a great product and let all of us in IT sleep a little easier at night. The uptime and bulk management work has been offloaded to Microsoft, and this makes it easier to deal with.

Pros

I love that it's easy to use and takes the burden of managing an Exchange server or other mail server off our plate. It's easy to manage, assign licenses, and in some ways easier to navigate administrative tasks. In addition, you get a bunch of extra features that you wouldn't have if you ran Exchange on-prem.

Cons

The two things I least like about the software is support and documentation. Support is either really good or really bad. For big items (e.g. email is down), they shine or keep in constant communication about the issue. For little issues that only affect you or "nuanced" support issues you might have, the support is less than great. What makes things more difficult is the documentation and UI are constantly changing. You might find a KB or article that's only a few months old to find out that the "fix" in the article no longer works.

Margy W.
Industry: Legal Services

Can't Work Without It!

Reviewed on 25/11/2019

Overall, my experience with Office 365 is ideal. I love that I can easily optimize it for my needs. I love that I can download the applications directly to my desktop. I love that I can work so remotely I don't even need my own computer to work! I love that it is consistent across the board, and that, true to my Office experiences of yore, I get exactly what I need.

Pros

Now, pretty much everyone uses Office Suite for managing their education, personal life, and work life. I am no different. Office 365 is awesome for a number of reasons:
1. Updates - you're always working with the newest versions that have been developed. AND you can work with versions that are still being tested, if you want. How cool is that? Your testing feedback can help to improve or shape software in the future. As a frequent user, that is really important and valuable to me because I want my software to make my life easier, not more difficult.
2. Instant Access, Anywhere - Of course I have Office Suite downloaded to my laptop, so I am able to take it with me wherever I go in that way. But what if my laptop dies, or I leave it at home? No problem! I can work from anywhere because I can log into my account and work. How cool is that? My only constraint is remembering my password.
3. Office is the gold standard for word processing and email management. It's easy to use and easy to love because it's recognizable, simple, and intuitive.
4. I also manage the Office 365 accounts for many members of my team, and being able to access everything in one "portal" via a web browser is just priceless. It means I can change passwords, set out of office responses, and more, easily. No more having to have someone's computer or networked server. It's been a lifesaver in that way, for sure.

Cons

I do have a bit of a gripe with Office 365 - the Mac applications are just not quite as robust as the PC applications (which I suppose makes sense, since Microsoft is so invested in PCs). That said, though, I would love to see equal functionality across platforms. I work in a Mac office, and never get quite the same experience. Most training modules are made for PC, most pros in my field use PC, and most tutorials are for PC. That means I have some trouble learning specific skills, which sucks.
Beyond that, the only other gripe is a lifestyle issue - when you have 24-7 access to everything, the lines between work and life can blur. Now, that's not Office 365's fault, but it's important to recognize that everyone needs a break and having constant access isn't for everyone.
Additionally, I am not a great lover of the subscription model. I am not sure why, but like many old men (I am not an old man, but it's a good analogy), I have a hard time letting go of the "pay once and own it" ideology. I've managed to suck it up, though, and made the switch, and it's getting easier by the day to recognize the value of the subscription.

Christopher P.
Industry: Law Practice

A good family of applications gone virtual

Reviewed on 22/11/2019

Despite my complaints, I use Office 365 every day for work, particularly word processing, but also for presentations, both in and out of court, and spreadsheets (less often).

Pros

The Office 365 Professional has all the programs that a professional will need (and more) to do their work; email, calendar scheduling, word processing, spreadsheets, presentations, etc. it's all there. And because Microsoft Office has been around for decades, its a known quantity that most people have used and are familiar with. The familiarity and ease of use are two major pluses. Because it is the number one program for word processing, spreadsheets and with Microsoft Outlook, calendaring and email, most outside programs that interface with those programs make sure they are compatible with Office 365.

Cons

Call me old fashioned, but the thing I was least thrilled about with Office 365 was the fact that instead of a program that you buy once and then can use forever (or until it's no longer supported by the manufacturer and becomes obsolete - see WordPerfect(tm)), now I have to pay a yearly fee to use the software suite. Granted, the price is not awful, and there are low cost options for people who truly will only use the basic programs like Word and Excel, and special pricing for students, but the idea that I now have to pay for the same program every year galls me. Even knowing that the online nature comes with several additional bonuses including cloud storage of documents, I still am vexed that my favorite "in the box" program is now a subscription service, like NetFlix or HBO. Their cloud storage security is not secure enough for my business (I am a partner in a law office), and the other extras I get I likely will never use, simply because I operate a small business and don't need Microsoft Teams to contact my law partner; I just walk into her office.

Finally, the pricing for parts of what I would want from Office 365 was beyond what I wanted to pay; for example, to set up custom emails that contained the name of our law firm's website, Microsoft wanted more than double what I could obtain through Gmail, which worked with our website design program in a way that Office 365 didn't. And syncing Gmail with Outlook has its own problems based on internet security.

Industry: Internet
Company size: Self Employed

Sharing with and working clients and others.

Reviewed on 14/11/2019

I love the download version of Office 365 and use it daily. I have a few issues with the only version being slow to respond but I can use autosave which keeps all my docs on my one drive. I like being able to open the onedrive any place I'm at to access information. Powerpoint is pretty good. Excel needs updated badly.

Pros

My favorite feature is sharing documents with a proofreader, client(s) or project member(s) which all us all the ability to adjust to document information and make changes together. We can all open the same document at the same time and work together to get the information how it needs to be. We often do a conference call with one main editor of the document. We can all watch the editing live. Other times we take turns editing the document. We can do in an hour what used to take us days of sending the documents back and forth. Plus word is something everyone understands so there is very little learning curve.

Cons

Excel badly needs build in Macros, shortcut features. I had a big product that while needed to move pdf information to Excel and it was a nightmare. I ended up download other software to put the information in the spreadsheet then copy and paste to Excel.

Industry: Logistics & Supply Chain
Company size: 5,001-10,000 Employees

All the applications any organisation needed for daily use in one platform.

Reviewed on 12/11/2019

In the initial stage, we started using O365 globally with Skype for Business and Sharepoint Online only but after sometimes we realized that it comes with multiple other applications such as Exchange, Mobile Device Management ( Intune), Azure Active Directory and other office applications (Excel, word, etc). So little by little, we are planning to use 100% of O365 features.

At the moment we are using Skype For business and MS Teams as our main Video/Audio conference platform. Before we migrate to SFB we were using third-party vendor platform for audio calls which we paid based on the minutes and number of participants and after we migrate to O365 with Skype for Business this is only license cost per user and no additional charges, This saved a lot of money to Organization.

Sharepoint online also we are using to share documents and updates within the organization and within our business partners and customers.

Microsoft Intune we are using to manage our co-operate owned devices globally ( IOS & Android ).

Pros

Easy to access from anywhere in the world if you have an internet connection.
Possible of access online and edit or change any documents (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, etc.).
Can access from any device to your account.
Skype for Business or MS Teams can use as a Video/Audio Conference tool.
O365 comes with Microsoft Intune which helps to manage your organization's mobiles and Portable devices( ex.IPADs).
Sharepoint Online helps you to create own Website to share documents, updates, etc within an organization or with external parties.
O365 is one of the greatest solution provided by Microsoft for any Organization which will cover at least 80% of the most needed applications in one platform.( Based on the licenses you purchased.)

Cons

Microsoft Intune limitation to setup Emails on an Android platform using a Fully managed profile when you have a none third party exchange platform that is not connected to Exchange Online.
Only "Gmail" and "Ninework" works with Intune Android emails.
New Sharepoint Online some features complex compared to the previous version for users who used to the previous version.

Radoslav B.

Office 365 - your office everywhere

Used Weekly for 1+ year
Reviewed on 10/11/2019

I have been using Office 365 for business purposes - where I have been working. All the company trusts its products and uses them to help with organizing their work. We easily have access to files shared for current teams, we easily chat and maintain project ideas, also we easily create our documentations on what we created and much more. I pretty recommend it because it has very powerful tools which can save you a lot of time and headache because in everyday life we need to stay organized and also we need to have our office everywhere because business is not only for staying in one place the whole year.

Pros

This is one very powerful group of products, that everyone should use because of:
1. For me it has one of the most powerful tools for office work - like Word - for organizing and creating your documents, PowerPoint - to easily create your pretty presentations for your software development for example; Excel - to store some table data and calculate a lot of things; Outlook - to organize all your business or even personal mails; Teams - to chat with your partners and much more.
2. You have always up to date software - you keep in touch with every new update which brings you more security and of course new features.
3. You can install the product on your device, either use it with the cloud version. The cool thing is that if you have multiple devices - you can install it on them, even they are phones, PCs or laptops. And the coolest one is that there is a cloud version of the apps.
4. Everything you create can be stored on the cloud, so your documents will be always with you - just view them from every device in every point of the world.
5. I think the price is good and worth it.
6. And finally, there is the support which you can contact to help you if you have any difficulties or problems with the software.

Cons

Since my experience with the product I haven't experienced any difficulties which cause me to have a negative point of the product. Of course, there were some bugs and some crashes with the cloud versions, but which software hasn't one?
And of course, even that there was kind of this problems, they were very fastly resolved, which is cool because you are not waiting too much to get back the service working.

Industry: Higher Education

Efficient, Reliable, and Everything You Need

Reviewed on 25/10/2019

Office 365 has created a more effective means of reaching and communicating with our students and staff. The implementation of the Office suite has ensured all of our students have access to the tools they need to complete their coursework. The cloud feature has worked flawlessly, and it creates a greater peace of mind knowing I can recall documents from years ago with zero issues.

Pros

Microsoft Office 365 is offered to all of our 18,000+ students for e-mail services alongside Microsoft's Office Suite. Office 365 allows our students to work from anywhere with internet access and collaborate with their teachers and peers. The cloud saves effortlessly, and the e-mail system has worked flawlessly.

In handling the e-mails for an institution of such a magnitude, other programs can sometimes lag or have various downtime issues. Even some of our larger software providers have had issues, but I have never seen any issue with Microsoft. Many of the other CUNY schools also utilize Office 365 for their students, and between our system alone, there are well over 50,000 users.

Compared to the previous edition, the addition of the Office Suite has made our students more productive and more efficient.

Cons

I have never had an issue with the Office 365 Software. I would love to have easier cell phone e-mail implementation to create even more easy-to-use access for our students of all ages and ensure our communications are reaching our students and staff with greater speed. However, this may simply be something that my institution has not yet utilized. With that said, it certainly is possible to add the Outlook accounts to cell phones through the e-mail inboxes, however, I think having a single unified app would make the process even easier.

Supun S.

Office 365 - The online Office Package

Reviewed on 23/10/2019

Larger part out of the whole world population has a considerable internet connection today. Therefore we can use this platform at anytime, anywhere in the world. We can log into our account and continue our works at any time. I recommend this platform for any type of office or educational places such as universities and schools. Team work is improved with the features included in the platform. Also this package makes our works easier. Using one ‘Teams’ we can chat, share documents, media files etc. PC storage does not run out for software installation since this is a fully cloud based service. Mostly useful in emergency times such as if we want to change or delete a slide in a Powerpoint presentation in a minute using a computer without office package, we can use this platform. If you have a good internet connection, Office 365 will be a good opportunity to you or your office, workplace or school.

Pros

Office 365 is a platform developed by Microsoft to introduce a new trend of an office package. This is totally based on internet and no any software needed to download and install. That is the most important advantage of Office 365 platform. The only thing we need is a computer or a smartphone with a web browser and internet connection. In this platform we have the access to many of the software included in a normal Microsoft Office package such as Microsoft Word, Microsoft Powerpoint, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Access etc. Office 365 was really helped me in immediate occasions where I do not have time to download, install and use some software. Best feature in Office 365 package is ‘Teams’ package. All my friends including me, signed in to Teams as an engineering batch and all of our lecturers also joined to it. This makes our academic works easier and efficient. Lecturers upload their lecture notes to Teams. Then all of us (Students registered in Teams) can download and refer them. Also we do online assignments, quizzes through Office 365 platform. Another great thing is the One Drive online storage given by platform freely with the open of an account.

Cons

We cannot use Office 365 without an internet connection. This is the major problem arise if we are living in a rural area without good internet connection. Though Office 365 included with many wonderful features, they are not useful if you do not have an internet connection. Also Office 365 takes much time to load. Especially the Teams package take considerable time to load and it spend big amount of our data package. All the features included in a normal Microsoft Office package are not included in Office 365. We cannot use it to do complex works that we doing using normal Office package. Sometimes little bugs can be seen in Teams package. We need a Microsoft account to use Office 365. Without Microsoft account we cannot work in Office 365 and we have to sign in to our account every time before we use the package.

Steve F.
Industry: Staffing & Recruiting

The only product for business and office productivity but licensing is troublesome and expensive

Reviewed on 10/10/2019

All the Office products are a requirement for creating documents that are shareable and usable with others. They are all "feature-rich" and with them you can create documents and presentations that can really impress others. However, licensing and in particular the transfer of licenses is impossible for the pre-subscription products. There is no way to move such a license to a different PC without manual intervention of Microsoft people over the phone. Microsoft really wants to force users and corporations to move to a subscription service (Office 365) instead of purchasing and installing "Office Pro 2019". And because of that, there is no "upgrade path" for any of the pre-subscription products to the next version or to a subscription (Office 365). Besides changing their type of revenue and increasing their cash flow, they have gone way to far to prevent people from pirating their software. That effort has made the maintenance of their non-subscription products so very, very unfriendly and costly. And look out - Windows will become a subscription product soon and we will we will be paying a monthly/yearly fee to use it.

Pros

It is the de facto standard for creating all types of documents for daily use in an office. With an Office 365 subscription, you always have the latest versions available without having to buy an upgrade or manually download updates.

Cons

As the versions have progressed, all the products have become increasingly harder to use and they require in-depth knowledge of the Microsoft Ribbon in order to find the functions you need. The "help" documentation is poor at best and answers to operational and use questions are almost always found on other websites, not Microsoft's sites. The ribbon has been forced onto users and there is no way to revert to older versions of command lists and menus. And Microsoft does not provide the ability to search for commands and learn where they can be found in the ribbon. This makes it impossible to learn how to use the products by using them. I've used the products for years and I still, constantly, have to "google" to find where commands are and how to use them. Also, since all the Office products are constantly "improving", Ribbon and menus change in their method of organization which quickly invalidates any help you might find on Microsoft sites and other 3rd party sites. Instructions dealing with "click this and then click this and choose this" need to change with each version and they do not. Worst of all, Microsoft had decided to make all their "apps" into "tablet friendly" ones with larger buttons and greater spacing between buttons. This has reduced the area to display commands and made the ribbon and menus more complex with several more drop-downs and several more clicks required to get to the command you which has and continues to make the products harder to use.

Tami N.
Industry: Religious Institutions

It may not be totally free for Non-Profits, but it's worth the small price!

Reviewed on 03/10/2019

Where many in our church wanted to, and do, use Google Docs / G Suite because they either want something free for their limited use or don't understand that you can do collaboration in Office 365, the business office of our church fought to stay with Office 365 because it's easier when you get into more than just creating text paragraphs on a page. You may not have the design level of something like Adobe InDesign, but you can create beautiful documents, tables, presentations, and a host of other items that are essential to church communications.

Pros

Years of advancements make Office the clear winner for business applications over G Suite
The templates that come with Office 365 applications and the ones you can find online
Easy offline use
Ability to use with documents created in Google Docs / G Suite by parishioners
SharePoint has great features that the G Suite collaborative environment doesn't have

Cons

Inability to create groups in Exchange that do not include email addresses outside of your domain
The one Office 365 application that hasn't advanced a great deal is PowerPoint - but it still gets the job done if you aren't trying to do anything too fancy as long as you avoide Death by PowerPoint bulleted text