Gather Reviews

Gather

Private event management software for restaurants & venues

4.6/5 (162 reviews)
Kathryn B.

Gather is the ONLY program for me!

Reviewed on 30/07/2019

I am saving so much time using this software with clients. Half the time it used to take me to send contracts.

Pros

Gather is the best software to use for private dining, the ease of use is like no other! You can use it on the app, computer, tablet etc... it is very easy to develop files to save on the software and send contracts to clients. Once you train your staff their are very little questions that follow because of the ease of use with this product. Clients also love it because it leaves less back and forth with contracts and they can do everything they need from the form you send them. The software also works with your email and you're notified on the home screen and via our work email. They're constantly upgrading and using new integrations as well.

Cons

This is not a con because I don't know if this is possible, but if Gather could find a way to integrate with Open Table so contracts update to that software it would be amazing. I am not a computer programmer so I have no idea if that's possible, but really their are no cons with Gather.

Jenny Y.

Indispensable Program!

Reviewed on 14/05/2019

The customer service team is always very efficient and timely as well as friendly. We couldn't run our business without Gather. Earlier in our development we considered other software geared toward events, but they seemed to specialize on only one aspect or two at a time. With Gather we can customize our menu making it so easy for our whole team to update a proposal at any given moment.

Pros

Our team loves how each client has his/her own customer portal. It is fairly easy to change any details at any time. It is also imperative for us to be able to send an approval request to each client at the time of solidifying details for an event. Really helps us to ensure our team can execute the event flawlessly.

Cons

We wish that Gather was able to track any changes made by one of our team members so that when a change occurs, we can know exactly who made it and why... Or that there was specific place for a team member to track changes in the portal. Also, we wish that there was a way to approve each specific section instead of just an over all proposal. Our clients are dealing with TONS of wedding details (not always through us) and they have a lot on their minds.

Tabitha R.

Gather has made my proposal writing 100% better than when I had to write them manually using word.

Reviewed on 12/09/2017

Quick & easy creation of bookings. Fast reaction updates with existing bookings. Immediate updates across the entire booking and all of its documents. Superior customer service.

Pros

We are a restaurant with a huge catering business and this software was designed for an on site caterer with event rooms versus everything being off site like our business model. I am looking forward to the modifications in the future that close the gap on the two concepts better. It has made proposal writing a dream! I love that everything is live across the entire booking with a click of the mouse. The customer service is unbelievable! Everyone is always so pleasant & receptive with all of my questions, comments, concerns & suggestions. The mobile app is great and we want to use it more but the team communication alert email doesn't function on mobile which renders it useless to our team. The reporting seems to constantly improving but we can not connect it to our system so we do not currently use it but I look forward to a day when we can. I absolutely love all of the filtering throughout the entire program and how there are multiple ways to find a previous booking. The calendar is my favorite view and I am looking forward to beginning to use the task function shortly. I have created many many menu templates which is superb but would like to copy one from an actual booking as well. Overall, I completely understand that this is meant for more formal venue catering so I am just grateful that I am able to utilize it at the level that I can for corporate/off site catering. It is so quick & easy and I just cant believe how effective it is to update for a client. Great job!

Cons

The biggest issue with Gather for us is that it does not report to our inventory/reporting system. We have to manually ring everything into our Revel POS system in order to capture an accurate product mix. Basically this means that this software is really only for me to create the proposal and our comptroller must recreate everything in another program. Huge waste of time but a necessary evil for me to have this valuable tool to do my job. I wish that there were more templates for multiple sections including but not limited to the notes sections. I find myself copy & pasting my own words dozens of times a day. I would like to see the lead be able to be customized because I have to ask a set series of additional questions before I may even begin a proposal. It would be really helpful to copy & paste emails into the message section to be able to assure an accurate add. I think that it is important to add a confirmation to the client that their CC info has been added correctly. I get MULTIPLE emails a week asking if we are all set since they do not get a confirmation. Please finalize the condensed versions that you have been toying with. Please go back to the notification to COMPLETE the gratuity, 50% miss it. Lastly, add the onsite contact info to the CHEF BEO. We use that version for the driver because it is a cleaner version to pack the van with. The regular BEO is only sent to the client with the proposal because it has too much going on for the delivery pack list. Thanks!

Dan B.

Excellent Software with a Few Frustrating Quirks

Reviewed on 17/04/2019

It has been an overall success at easily keeping our client focused. Instead of using many different software apps, booking, payment etc, it creates a single portal and eliminates many questions we were faced with prior to implementing. Sales tracking and other features are simple without the hassle of Salesforce integration.

Pros

The Event Portal feature. Each event having its own specialized url that allows the client to see everything in a very organized fashion makes the process of converting a quote to a sale much easier. The integration of credit card processing (we used Stripe) keeps the client from using other options (like Square) that would force them away from the portal.

Cons

Trying to keep you locked into their email ecosystem. The email integration is terrible. I wish they would support a Gmail integration. If I want to get my client to approve a proposal - they have to be emailed through their own email system that is not as user friendly and completely breaks the cohesiveness and intent of the software when I have two different email chains happening (which the client flips between without realizing). Make the event approval option available without having to email them please.

In addition, they will charge you for leads from Yelp, even if they don't book! It is a very shady practice that needs to stop. Focus on good software, not making money off lead conversions from third party lead sites please.

Kerianne M.

Very Happy Gather User

Reviewed on 30/07/2019

We have been using Gather for a few years now and it has definitely made our day-to-day much easier, more organized and allowed us to focus on more things to grow the business. Their customer service is very quick at responding and helpful in finding a solution to questions that have come up.

Pros

Gather has helped streamline our business by providing a fast and easy way to communicate with our clients in a clean professional format. We use the "Copy" feature very frequently as we have many repeat clients. The live update feature while we are on the phone with clients is very helpful and many clients comment how nice that is.

Cons

We wish we could customize the font size on the Chef BEO. We use the Chef BEO as orders in our kitchen and it would be beneficial for us to be able to make certain items stand out more.
We find ourselves directing many clients to the "Print Summary" hyperlink on the Summary of Charges page. If there was a way for this button to stand out as the full breakdown/itemized invoice that would be very helpful.

Melissa L.

Overall Great!

Reviewed on 30/07/2019

Keeping organized with Gather is a breeze!

Pros

The ease of Gather is truly amazing! The report functions I use daily to see overall growth and what needs to be improved on. The calendar is able to be viewed on the app along with a desktop as well as edited on the go from a cell phone. All documents are easy to read for sales coordinators, chefs, as well as servers. Creating events is easy and tracking channels for marketing is a great way to keep updated on marketing campaigns. Also staying organized through Gather is great by creating tasks, not only for yourself, but interns or other sales coordinators. The messaging system is great for communication with other team members.

Cons

I would love to see the sales coordinator on the pop up portion of the calendar. Also, the messages changed into a drop down, however, when you are trying to scroll for some thing, clicking on every single individual message is time consuming and everything should be about saving time. The app is only for viewing and not able to do any editing, which does not save time. Sometimes there is slowness or some glitches, such as Gather cancelling the event or duplicating the event when creating.

Gin T.

Game changer

Reviewed on 31/07/2019

Great product! They’re always adding new features. Great support team.

Pros

I love that the software is live so I can make changes on line in front of the customer, while on the phone with them and they can sit right away in front of their own screen.

Cons

Sometimes the issues with their servers slowing down can be bothersome, especially during the working hours.

Nicole R.

Event Planning Made Easy!

Reviewed on 30/07/2019

Not only is the Gather team extremely helpful and responsive, but since I have switched it has cut my work time down significantly!

Pros

It is extremely easy to use and saves me time! I love everything about gather! Reporting is easy to generate, message templates cut down my work time, the online cc and event agreement make it easy for my team to reference and of course the Gather team is always friendly, helpful and has become an extension of my own team.

Cons

Honestly I do not have any complaints about the software maybe that I didn't use it sooner. I would like if they partnered with OpenTable, but I believe they are working on that.

Eva M.

Helps to keep my event information organized and shared with my team

Reviewed on 05/10/2016

I am the General Manager and Event Planner for a very busy restaurant. Gather helps to keep me organized, in touch with clients and staff, and keeps all of the information I need in one place. I love that clients can get in touch with me through a Gather link on our website, and I can convert a lead into a booking very easily. Keeping up with so many people and events is exhausting, but Gather makes it much easier for me to have all necessary information and conversations with clients in one place. I also love that I can have my clients "sign" event contracts through the website, send deposits, and put a card on file. My team can also access conversations and documents so that they can stay up to speed with what is going on. But I think my favorite part is that the bookings calendar can be synced with my google calendar across all of my devices. :)

Pros

Customer Service, price, and rapidly growing features

Cons

I can't think of any cons. I think there is always room for improvement, but nothing sticks out to me as a problem. I did, however, have some difficulty integrating my bookings calendar with my google calendar, but almost immediately, the awesome customer service team helped me out with it.

Caitlin K.

A little complicated to use, but it's a powerful event management tool that your clients will love!

Reviewed on 16/01/2018

Pros

From the customer/client experience, it's wonderful. Great, professional design, easy to review contracts/policies, make payments, and correspond with questions. From the admin perspective, I like that it keeps me organized. There are so many moving parts to events and it's so nice to have everything organized in the calendar, have each event represented, and every event have it's own page to store details, connect with the client & staff, track & collect payments, create and send policies to review, request payments (can be custom or based on pre-set pricing menus), and store details for your team and/or the client (i.e. event floorplan, vendor info, etc). Gather's customer support has also been amazing! They always respond to questions in a timely manner and provide webinars on a consistent basis as well.

Cons

It's pretty complicated to use and takes quite a bit of training, which can make it hard to collaborate or inform part time staff or contractors on event details (or have them help with invoicing, scheduling, etc). There is also not an ability for clients to "sign" contracts, only approve proposals. For an industry that can be pretty litigious, I wish they emphasized their event policies a bit more.

Heather O.

Review of Gather software.

Reviewed on 30/07/2019

Being able to check in on other/all locations
Speed of producing proposals to send to clients.

Pros

Use of templates and ease of data transferring within system, reports, etc.
Customer service is on point!
'live' edits

Cons

Not being able to change titles of some items.
Being more in line for full service and not catering how we do.
Not being able to save locations for deliveries with notes.
Having to export items to excel to get reports
Not having a 'product mix' report of menu items

Liz H.

Gather rocks!

Reviewed on 05/08/2019

Gather has so many benefits for the guests, myself, and my team. The real-time updating while the guest refreshes the page is the best. My guests LOVE the confetti when they approve BEOs on Gather.

Pros

I love using Gather for the ease of everything from creating contacts to confirming final guest counts.

Cons

My only complaint about Gather is the inevitable few and far between glitches with occasional product updates. The issues are always resolved quickly, and the customer service is top-notch!

Georgeanna C.

The best private dining software

Reviewed on 10/05/2019

Although there is room for improvement, I absolutely love this software. It's fairly customizable via booking templates, and allows me to book and confirm routine events very efficiently.

Pros

I love Gather's tools for automated guest messaging, customizing menus and terms, and lead management.

Cons

Upgrades that seem like they should be obvious/easy are not quickly addressed. For example, I cannot assign an existing contact to a new lead, rather I have to re-enter the client's information each time. Small features like that can make a big difference in day-to-day management, and should be more of a priority. The email tool also needs some work. You cannot save a draft or reply to a message without creating a new thread. Also, the way that email addresses show up to clients is cumbersome. They should work on a solution to mask the @gather system display and instead show my actual email address (clients see the system email address and get nervous that they're message won't reach me). There is also a lot of room for improvement in terms of approval (e.g. being able to get separate approvals of terms and menus, rather than just one overall approval), and for resources for complex and offsite events (e.g. adding pack lists and timelines).

Samantha N.

Fantastic program in so many ways!

Reviewed on 30/07/2019

Gather has helped us streamline details for successful events for all of our teams. It is so great to be able to create one document that everyone can access for details and assistance. It has helped us be able to execute events of all styles and sizes with ease from the moment a lead comes in to the day of the actually booking.

Pros

I love how easy Gather can customize booking agreements for different clients. We book a variety of events and need to be able to create menus, set up templates, policies, etc for each of our clients. Gather allows you to personalize all of these items as you work on the agreement, instead of having to leave out to another screen or part of the software. It also helps us in communicating specific details to our guests, as we get to modify things so meticulously.

Cons

The ONE feature I have found to be missing is being able to auto populate a task list for an event. We have a few non-negotiable that we handle internally to make sure bookings are successful, and it would be nice to be able to get this task list applied like a template.

Tracey A.

The Inside Scoop

Reviewed on 30/07/2019

Speed in dealing with Guests is great - I have been happy implementing Gather at over 15 locations.

Pros

Efficiency of getting leads that populate into bookings, and love the mobile app.
Easy for staff to learn - easy to dialogue and message with Clients

Cons

The reporting feature needs work.
Would like the opportunity to add more customized fields and titles.
The current layout of the BEO's is not functional.
Missing Change logs and status changes features.

Wendy A.

Progressive, adaptable & professional

Reviewed on 15/05/2019

I am delighted with this progressive, forward moving company.

Pros

The Event Portal is so easy use and customize. Clients are always impressed by the professional, easy to read format and the Gather support team is always on their A game!

Cons

I work mainly with the desktop version so if I had to say there was a con, it’d be with the limitations of the mobile app.

Topher C.

A Cut Above the Rest!

Reviewed on 17/05/2019

Not only is Gather flexible with tasks and manipulating your day to day needs, there's a plethora of built in features to help be more successful ~ not just with your Clients, but your staff as well. Plus the Gather Team is constantly innovating and improving upon its system to keep up with the evolving nature of events and catering. Any feedback given is gracefully accepted and noted, and their Customer Success Team Members are always there for you when you encounter an issue or don't know what to do. Our Events business has benefited greatly since we were able to bring Gather in to the fold!

Pros

The overall ability to communicate clearly to Clients as well as staff, and having the software compatible with the newest tech (I get notifications on my phone and watch). Proposals to clients look professional and are easy for just about anyone to utilize. Putting proposals together now take minutes instead of hours.

Cons

I honestly have nothing negative to say about any aspect of Gather.

Jackie G.

My Right Hand To Staying Organized!

Reviewed on 31/07/2019

Organization! In this business of catering and special events you have to be able to stay organized and track communication. Before use of this product keeping track of emails and communication was a nightmare. I appreciate how everything is in one place under logical categories for ease of use.

I enjoy the Team Communication section as it allows me to keep track of where I left off with a client or to communicate with my team.

Pros

I really enjoy the report function of the software. It makes it very easy to report my monthly sales to the owners and GM. I appreciate the real time updates of changes as I make them and that the customer can refresh the portal to see changes as they are made.

The filters on Gather are very useful for me when it comes to sorting through bookings and events for more detailed booking information.

Cons

I would say the email feature is what I like least however with the new update I am noticing that more of my emails are now going to the clients and are not being lost to spam.

L'lee C.

Gather keeps us organized!

Reviewed on 30/07/2019

Our overall experience with Gather is positive. It literally takes about 5 minutes to book a full event as we have custom templates built. Customers appreciate our timely responses due to using this software program. Everything that we send looks very professional.

Another thing that is huge for us is being able to have multiple users, so we can all work together and see each other's bookings.

We also appreciate the response time from customer service. Keep up the good work!

Pros

We appreciate how easy it is to send contacts out with Gather. It is extremely easy to look up customers and past events. It is a great tool for prospecting and re-booking events.

Cons

The only thing that we don't enjoy is when software programming slows down at times when the company is doing updates. This does not happen often and the flip side of it is Gather is good at staying current with market trends and keeping us updated.

Cassandra O.

Overall, fairly smooth and easy to use.

Reviewed on 13/09/2017

Pros

I like the aesthetic of the software and that the Gather team seems to always be working on ways to improve the product.

Cons

I wish that the Task feature functioned more like an alert where some kind of reminder for deadlines would pop up, not only on the page for that particular event, but on the home page and calendar page. If the task feature were a bit more developed then I would be able to stop using Pipedrive altogether. It would also be AWESOME if Gather were integrated with OpenTable or another reservations software system.

I also wish there were more color coding options for different categories of events and phases they're in, such as a color for offsite events, or a color for an event that is confirmed but maybe still has a few details to finalize.

It would also be fantastic if clients could complete their credit card authorization form directly on the Gather Proposal Page so that they do not have to email credit card information or relay it over the phone.

Natalie A.

Recommend to anyone!

Reviewed on 10/05/2019

Overall, the experience with Gather has been great. The Customer Support is amazing, and is always quick to respond and fix any issues you may have. Everything is easy and user friendly.

Pros

This software is SUPER user friendly. I have used it my past couple positions because of how easy it is for not only my position, but anyone else who needs to look into any of the event details.

I also like the unlimited viewer side of things. Communication is key and if everyone can have access to all details of the event, it makes it much easier.

All of my clients find it easy to use as they can view all of their details on their BEO, and sign off on everything electronically.

Being able to jump on the app is very helpful. If I am not at my desk or in the office, I am able to pull up any details anywhere.

Cons

I don't like that you are not able to edit a few forms that are already in Gather. We work with it, but it causes a bit more work on my end.

Suzi H.

So Easy!

Reviewed on 14/05/2019

It is easy to see what spaces are already booked for any given day. The calendar notes is also very handy as we are a very large venue with many different functions. It is easy to add an note for different "heads up" groups who do not want to host their event as a private party but do want to let us know they will be coming in

Pros

The best thing about this product is how easy it is to use! I love everything about it. They are constantly working to make things better. We have had many people call trying to get us to switch to their event software, but there is no way we will ever change. This has been a lifesaver for me! I am your biggest fan!

Cons

Some problems with the seated dinner menus printing everything on the Chef's BEO. I have managed to make it work by adding the information as "add another item".

Robin G.

Wow! This was a lifesaver.

Reviewed on 14/12/2017

TIME! I have recommended this product to at least 4 companies and I know two have signed up. The benefit I get is that my guests can see their proposal in real time and it's speedy so contracts can get signed quickly.

Pros

I love how user friendly this software is and how it is so easy to navigate. I like how we can generate a report with multiple pages at one time. The filtering options make it very convenient for me to review each of the restaurants at a single time.

Cons

It's a small thing...but when I am in a booking and I want to change some contact information on a booking contact, I have to go to another screen, which is fine, but I can't go right back to the booking I was working on. I have to find the booking again in the big list. BUT, everything else works so great for us.

Jennifer A.

Gather is GREAT!

Reviewed on 30/07/2019

Pros

Ease of use. Customer satisfaction. I like that I can use on my phone or tablet. It's a great tool and you can bring it anywhere - client meetings, etc.

Cons

Sometimes there is a glitch in the system or running slow

Alyssa W.

Cabarrus Brewing Company

Reviewed on 10/05/2019

Having Gather has completely changed (and enhanced) the booking experience for me. Having an organized calendar of events that is not a google calendar has been incredibly helpful for not only the event staff, but also our management staff to know what is going on daily. Everyone loves the Daily Digest emails that are a glimpse into what we have coming up that day/week. Since using Gather we have been more successful in booking events with less administrative issues such as late payments/over bookings/etc. I honestly do not have enough good things to say about this Software, it has been a life saver!

Pros

The ease of use. Being able to process payments online has been a game changer. We used to always have to have clients come in to process payments and having everything online has streamlined the booking process.

Cons

The only issue I have at the moment is that the mobile app is not as easy to work on the go. I do love having the mobile app, but I wish it was easier to send and edit the email templates.