Everhour

Time tracking, scheduling, budgeting & expenses software.

4.6/5
4.5/5
4.6/5
4.7/5

Kate
Kate

See Where Your Time Is Going and Adjust

Reviewed on 12/09/2019

Everhour has really helped me keep track of my time and plan more effectively for future projects. I also love how it feels like a competition with myself. I keep striving to complete the same task faster or cut down on the time wasted in between tasks. It's honestly a lot of fun and really helps with time management. Just by clicking that little play button, you suddenly have a sense of urgency while working.

Pros

I love how Everhour makes it easy to see how you're spending your time so you can adjust your schedule, redistribute your workload, etc. You can see exactly how long it takes you and your team to complete certain tasks and plan future projects accordingly.

It integrates with Basecamp so all I have to do is press a little play button next to each of my to-dos and it tracks how long I'm spending. Then I can pull up a detailed report later to see where my time is going. It's been especially helpful when putting together the argument for additional team members.

Cons

There's really nothing I dislike about Everhour. If I had to pick something, I'd say that I wish there were a flat rate for larger teams. We have to pay per seat and as the team grows, I see that getting expensive.

Response from Everhour

Hi Kate, thanks for your positive feedback!

Jeffrey

A helpful service for time tracking and capacity planning!

Reviewed on 18/11/2019

Everhour is helping us figure out how much time we need to deliver our various services. This, in turn, helps us make better decisions and run our business better. Thank you, Minsk friends!

Pros

- The Asana integration is very useful and usable. It's terrific, for example, that timing on sub-tasks is summed up in the main task.
- Tracking time estimates against actual time worked is helping us figure out our capacity planning.
- The interface and tools are well-designed and generally easy to use.

Cons

- I still need the ability to see and organize task timelines by time of day, rather than only totals.
- The Toggl broswer integration was very popular at our company and many of us miss it (but the Asana integration makes up for it pretty spectacularly, once you're used to starting/stopping timing in there :-)

Harvest and Toggl Track

Reasons for Choosing Everhour

Everhour's value-for-money for features offered convinced us to make the move. It seemed to fit our needs better than Toggle. Also, we love working in Asana; your Asana integration was another strong selling point.

Toggl Track

Response from Everhour

Thanks, Jeffrey! you can now also track time with intervals in Asana. The option shows up when you add time manually.

Nick
  • Used Daily for Free Trial

Great idea but let down by broken integration and open ended support

Reviewed on 04/04/2018

Pros

Logging hours in Basecamp 2 works really well.
They've definitely taken the time to think it through and look at usability.
It's really handy to have the start/stop buttons next to each task.

And the idea of being able to automatically pass that through to account software is a good one.

Cons

Sadly the integration with Quickbooks doesn't work
Invoice numbers are emptied and delivery email address is also removed
So it's a real pain to have to find and manually assign the correct sequential invoice number and address.

It's easier to copy and past the times from Everhour into a new invoice in QB
- but then that really defeats the whole point of the software!

Having spoken to the support team, I couldn't get a timescale for a fix.
They agreed it was unreasonable to pay for software whilst waiting for it to be made usable - but didn't have any other suggestions.
Good software needs good support and that wasn't a great response.

I'd love to use this software, but just can't wait indefinitely without any indication of how long for bugs to be resolved and sadly, competitors, much like Everhour all want an annual commitment
So it'll be at least 12 months of using something else before I can even think about looking at Everhour - by which time whatever alternative solution I've chosen will be entrenched in my business and difficult to change.

Response from Everhour

Hi Nick,

Our apology for not living up to your expectations. I completely understand that my answer to you was not great, however, I did not want to feed you with false promises.

We highly welcome such users as you who could point to the drawbacks of our product. I will do my best to convince the team look into these issues as soon as they can.

Nirav

Software engineer: end user review

Reviewed on 06/02/2024

Pros

Time tracking for tasks.
Easily answerable to clients.

Cons

All Good. Nothing much.
Sometimes the task is not selected when I start the timer.
Not major concern.

Response from Everhour

Thanks, glad to hear that.

David

Everhour Review

Reviewed on 19/11/2019

Pros

Everhour is very easy to use, as a daily user and admin, I use it every day to track time, and weekly to generate billing reports and invoices. Everhour has been invaluable to accurately tracking and billing my time.

Cons

Only thing missing is a phone app, but the website works well enough on mobile that you don't really need it.

RescueTime and Toggl Track

Reasons for Choosing Everhour

When I switched, the integrations with everhour were better, and the reporting and invoicing were better.

Toggl Track

Reasons for Switching to Everhour

better integrations and better invoicing and billing stories.

Response from Everhour

Hi David, thanks for a great review! do you refer to an Android app?

Roshni

Loving Everhour so far

Reviewed on 19/11/2019

Pros

I use Everhour integrated with JIRA. New updates come through every few days making the product more wholistic in its purpose, seems like they're working through a well-prioritised list of features.
I'm quite excited to see new stuff being rolled out almost each week even though not all of them always apply to me. They respond very quickly to support requests and their help sections are quite informative.

Cons

I didn't have the option to import hours from my old tool into Everhour and had to / still have to do that manually for 10 people for 3 months so we could get all hours from start of the financial year into the system.
There is an option to set Client Budgets however they dont get pulled into the reports (yet) - waiting for this feature to come through soon :)
Would be good t be able to define multiple budget periods.
Eg: "xx" amount for initial implementation for a client from Jan-Feb, and then an on-going "yy" amount from March on wards .
This is currently a manageable issue, but i do need to go in and remember to change budgets etc manually.

Response from Everhour

Hi Roshni, thanks for your thoughts, we will think about them!

Skyler

I've Tested the Alternatives: Everhour is the Best Time Tracking Tool for Apps like Asana and...

Reviewed on 27/10/2021

I've been using Everhour for over a year and things have been great. I've used the major alternatives and Everhour is the most seamless to use with the most features.

Pros

It's seamless integration with Asana. The ability to capture data directly from Asana and track time without having to define a project every time you need to do so is a huge time saver. The ability to also track budget based on whatever ways work best for your business model is fantastic as well (e.g. by cost, hours, billing, etc.).

Cons

A few things I wish were better would be:

• A direct integration with Data Studio.
• The ability to handle expense recording directly within Asana and/or the ability to do bulk expense recording.
• The ability to handle workload management using Asana data.

Response from Everhour

Hi Skyler, thanks for this review! Heads up, we are actively working on your 3rd desire from Cons box!

Joel

Everhour makes managing our projects and team more effective

Reviewed on 24/03/2023

Pros

We track our time directly in our project management tool. It makes budgeting easier and more effective, saving us time and keeping our attention in the place where we do all of our work: Asana.

Cons

It would be great if the accounts payable side of Everhour integrated with Xero, i.e., what we owe to contractors. Then it would be a complete package!

Airtable

Reasons for Choosing Everhour

We wanted a budgeting tool. Everhour offers it, and it integrates with how we already work in Asana.

FreshBooks

Reasons for Switching to Everhour

We had to do all kinds of customization to make Airtable work. Everhour had all of the features we were trying to build ourselves. It saved us a huge amount of effort and time, and it is far more effective.

Response from Everhour

Thanks, Xero integration development is kept in mind for sure!

Jeremy

Excellent intergration with ClickUp

Reviewed on 28/02/2023

Very positive. I've used Everhour standalone, integrated with Asana and ClickUp and it's the best time tracking platform I've used!

Pros

The integration with clickup was intuitive, easy to set up and the immediate syncing between the platforms is impressive. I really like the flexibility of the reporting and the multiple ways you can add time for your daily tasks.

Cons

Minor things like sharing reports and problems if I move tasks between projects in ClickUp, they get orphaned in Everhour.

Response from Everhour

Thanks for sharing your story!

Carolina
  • Industry: Design

The best tool to organize your working time

Reviewed on 17/08/2021

It is a very important tool for the administration of my work, I use it every day.

Pros

Everhour is the perfect tool if you have several clients and want to organize your working time. I can keep track of every job, every task and this is very good both for me because I have an overview of my work and for my client, because I can keep track of the working time and the amount to be paid accurately.

Cons

In an earlier version of Everhour I could see the total amount I earned, but they changed that, and now I have to do the maths myself by adding it up each month.

Response from Everhour

Hi Carolina, thank you for leaving this review!

Stefan

Overall Analysis

Reviewed on 09/10/2019

Pros

Software integrates very good into Asana which is essential for us.
Everhour has a great Report Engine.

Cons

Lost Safari Plugin due to update to Safari 13.
No API to write own integrations with Zapier and co.

Response from Everhour

Hi Stefan, we will definitely address the issue with a Safari plugin in the future. And there is a doc with our API on the front page, didn't you see it?

Benjamin

Hassle-free Time-Tracking

Reviewed on 09/10/2019

Overall a great and very affordable software with just the right amount of very robust and well thought out features! The perfect tool for freelancers and companies!

Pros

- I hate wasting time on complex software. Everhour just gets out of my way so I can get work done.
- Very responsive and helpful support!
- Github integration is fantastic and makes time tracking a lot easier and faster!
- I can build detailed reports of my work for clients
- Exporting invoices directly to Freshbooks perfectly integrates my timetracking with my invoicing workflow
- The app allows me to quickly start/stop timers when I forgot to do so on the web

Cons

- I'm still missing a feature to email reports to clients. Preferably automatic at defined intervals (weekly/monthly)

Timely, Harvest and Toggl Track

Response from Everhour

Hi Benjamin,

Thanks for the high rate, emailed reports are on their way!

Daniel

Best tool to Track your Team, Clients, Projects and Tasks

Reviewed on 30/03/2017

We are a 15 people team working remotely from different cities of Latin America and Europe, and time tracking for each client, project and task has been always a major issue.

We've been using Everhour for the past year or so, and it has become an essential tool for our team. Is not just that gives us the abbility to track how much time we have dedicated to a project, but also to estimate how much time a particular task will need in order to be completed next time and by who. Easily create sand save reports with just a few clicks.

One of the most important features, is its integration with Asana, our Project Management Software of choice, but Everhour is powerful enough to let you create your own projects and tasks within the platform.

Their support team it's very dedicated and really interested in listening about what you have to say and what can be improved.

We are a happy Everhour customer and always recomend to dev teams, agencies and organisations.

Pros

- Easy to use
- Clean interface. Responsive design.
- Easily sets up with Asana, Trello and other third party project management tools
- Affordable

Cons

- We could use a mobile app, but for now the responsive designs does the trick
- You just can setup your account using a single Project Management platform. So, if part of your team uses Trello and the other one Asana, you can't track time in both accounts in a single session... but, of course, this is a very specific, non common scenario.

Response from Everhour

A big thanks from Everhour team!

Alfonso
  • Industry: Pharmaceuticals

Robust & Reliable

Reviewed on 19/06/2023

Pros

Easy to use and deploy. Reporting and dashboards make the tool an ally in making resource decissions. Definitively gets you the value for the money.

Cons

No cons recorded, most of the constraints on the project were mostly associated to Trello setup.

Tempo Timesheets

Reasons for Choosing Everhour

Easy to use and implement. Possibility to import and export data.

Response from Everhour

Thanks for choosing us over Tempo!

Mike
Mike

The perfect solution for UpBuild

Reviewed on 28/04/2017

Pros

I like that Everhour is straightforward and functional. I also love that it integrates with Trello, which is how we manage the majority of our work. The reason that I originally chose to go with Everhour over the competition is that these folks chose to do one thing and to do it well. Other companies wanted to also handle invoicing, project management, and other things. I already had tool for those things; what I needed was an easy and enjoyable to use time tracking solution that I knew would work. Everhour has consistently impressed me with how well their product works and how fast they innovate and improve.

Cons

I think the user interface could be designed a bit better. And I want to be able to go through the whole process of starting a task without having to use a mouse. If I start typing and a Trello board populates, I wish I could just hit tab or enter to select it and move onto the next field without having to use the mouse or arrow keys.

Response from Everhour

Hi Mike,
Thank you for your review.

Daniel

It´s not about being good from start. It´s about getting better every day

Reviewed on 22/11/2019

Helping us to get up every morning and going to bed with the satisfaction of the done duty.

Pros

Un click from my Trello integration.

From Trello I structure my homework. But from EverHour I exaclty know if i´m being eficient, if i´m being "profitable" with my time.

And please don´t think that I mean "money" about being "profitable". No no no!! It´s my time i´m being profitable, my most valuable good.

Cons

I had some issues with the last version. But seems like they read my needs. The report section improved a looot! and the "time" page now is simply beutiful. I like the new "home" page too.

Probably, after a couple of more months I´ll find other issues. I hope the listen by that time as they did before. It´s not about being good from start. It´s about getting better every day

Response from Everhour

Hey Daniel, thank you so much for your feedback! We appreciate your insights and will do all our best to keep on getting better for you every day!

David

Love it with the ClickUp integration!

Reviewed on 16/12/2019

We solved not knowing how much time we were spending on each project, and which clients were profitable or unprofitable. I've used it to determine our cost to provide services and further optimize pricing for our digital agency's services.

Pros

I love that I can dial down to exactly how much time we spend on each project, client and task.

It allows me to create money or time budgets for each client per month, which is how I set it up. We need to keep our staff time to a monthly limit to ensure we're not losing money.

I've been able to create time benchmarks using Everhour, which is a beautiful thing.

Cons

Nothing to dislike. It integrates seamlessly with Asana and now Clickup.

Harvest

Asana integration.

Response from Everhour

Hey David, thank you so much for your detailed feedback! It inspires us to do our best for you! =)

Brandon

Seamless Asana Integration and better than Harvest

Reviewed on 10/10/2019

I'm able to see where my time and money goes.

I'm able to see where my time and money goes.

Pros

It's just a really nice, intuitive tool.

Cons

It desperately needs flat-rate and retainer pricing.

Response from Everhour

Hi Brandon, thanks for the review, we definitely keep the flat-rate and retainer improvements in mind!

Lazar
Lazar

Great tool for daily use

Reviewed on 05/06/2023

Pros

Everhour's time tracking and reporting features are incredibly impactful, providing comprehensive insights into project hours, budgets, and team productivity. Everhour is extremely user-friendly with its intuitive interface and straightforward navigation, making it easy for both individuals and teams to adopt and utilize effectively. Integrating Everhour into our existing business processes was a seamless experience, allowing us to seamlessly sync with project management tools and effortlessly incorporate time tracking into our workflow.

Cons

Limited customization options for reports and dashboards.Mobile app lacks some advanced features available on the web platform.The initial learning curve for configuring advanced settings may be slightly steep for new users.

Response from Everhour

Thanks! Definitely, we need more work on our mobile app.

Brian

Everhour is a great software tool that allows us to track time for internal tasks and billable...

Reviewed on 18/09/2017

Pros

Everhour integrates with Asana, which is great for our company. We are able to track time within Asana or the Chrome browser. It's super easy to set up and track time on individual tasks (which helps immensely with reporting).

Cons

Everhour's reporting UX isn't the easiest to navigate through.

Also, let's say it's Friday and you have a vacation planned for next week. You can't add tracked time for any dates in the future. This is annoying because we have to track all internal time, so whenever we get back from vacation we have to log those hours (and sometimes people forget).

Response from Everhour

Thanks for the opinion, btw, the option to track dates for future is available now!

• Used for Free Trial

It was not possible for use

Reviewed on 03/04/2019

whatever I have found is that Everhour is not a standalone application.

whatever I have found is that Everhour is not a standalone application.

Pros

• A simple and straight forward pricing system is easy to understand and customers can trust it without being worry about hidden costs.
• Easy signup just by entering an email address or by good account.
• Integration with other project management tools including Asan, Trello, Teamwork, …

Cons

• Signup by facebook account could be a good and fast option which is not available
• No integration with Microsoft Project and Oracle Primavera
• In the first login wizard, I user doesn’t want to connect the application to a project management software, there is no straight way for skipping this step. Moreover, it seems that the application doesn’t support standalone project management. finally, I had to connect the application to Trello
• I wanted to use the application via the Opera browser. I couldn't continue, because installing Chrome extension was obligatory and I cannot imagine working just by one kind of browser and just by installing an extension.
• In their website I saw two different links for sign-in Everhour1 and Everhour2, how do they expect users know the differences between these two links. (Very bad UX)

Response from Everhour

Hello, this is so sad that you gave us such a bad review. However, this is even sadder that you have not understood how to use some parts of our product.

First thing I want to touch on is Facebook login and integrations with MS project or Oracle Primavera. We do not have those and never pretend to say we have or are working on them. This is why it is so frustrating to read about it as a drawback of functionality.

I would be happy to show you how to use Everhour as a standalone project management tool, as well as explain the essence of our Trello integration, what browsers we officially support, etc.

Laura
Laura
  • Industry: Translation & Localization

The time tracking application you need

Reviewed on 16/02/2019

Pros

With Everhour you can track the time you spend working on assignments or tasks easily. Thanks to its integration with Asana you can start tracking the time when you take a task from within the application, which makes things very easy, but not only that, you will also be able how much time you or other members have tracked on a given task.
You can also generate reports for you and your team for a given period of time that are totally customisable to your needs.

Cons

I still haven't found any con to this powerful yet simple tool.

Response from Everhour

Thank you for a terrific review, Laura!

Maciej
Maciej
  • Industry: Management Consulting

Best time tracking for Asana users

Reviewed on 27/09/2018

Pros

Integration with Asana is seamless -- it looks and feels like it's always just part of Asana. Easy to add and edit time.
The reports are also excellent in terms of customizability.

Cons

Time needs to be tracked at the task level (in many use cases, it would be sufficient to track time at the project level).
Asana tasks need to be inside projects (can't track ad-hoc things easily).
There is a Slack integration but it's not very useful -- it's only for reporting, not tracking time.

Response from Everhour

Thanks you for this review Maciej, where you indicated our drawbacks objectively.

Roman

Good tool for money

Reviewed on 09/10/2019

Pros

Trello integration, easy to use, chrome plugin

Cons

Missing 'Submit' feature, but it was delivered recently as far as I remember

Response from Everhour

Hi Roman, great to hear you like our product!

Stephen
Stephen

Works Well for What We Need

Reviewed on 12/04/2019

Pros

It integrates with Asana, which is our project management software tool at our agency. That was the big need for us, and it does it well. The client reporting and project time tracking is very helpful and we use it daily for task tracking and monthly to look at where time is being spent across all accounts.

Cons

It crashes every once in a while for no apparent reason. There will be times when the team will just be kicked off as the software goes down in the middle of the day, so there is some admin work to back-log the time during that missed window.

Response from Everhour

Hi Stephen, sorry for any inconvenience you might have got while our downtime! We try to avoid this, but nobody is saved from it.