Swept Janitorial App

4.5/5 (40 reviews)
Christy S.

Good Software For Companies Wanting To Scale Up

Reviewed on 13/06/2019

We give our employees flexibility on when they perform cleaning, so the software lets us see exactly when they show up and how long they stay. It allows us to keep that flexibility but brings greater transparency and accountability where needed. It has increased our communications which has brought our problems way down and made us a more responsive company. It has given us a sales advantage because we can explain these things to potential customers.

Pros

It has a clean and simple interface to be easy for a user. I like that it's focused on making life easier for the cleaner -- that is what makes operations smooth. It increases communications on our team which is important for janitorial as remote service providers. They also offer a free customized video for sales purposes that includes my company name and shows how using SWEPT benefits our customers. Their blogs are helpful and informative. They have a positive and modern approach.

Cons

Most cleaners aren't good at keeping up with their smart phones. So they don't understand how to keep the GPS enabled or how to get updates. The new supply feature updates are useful but can be difficult to use because it only accepts certain answers.

Justin R.

Worthwhile Investment

Reviewed on 13/10/2016

Swept is really the do-it-all app for the the professional cleaning community. My life has been changed for the better by the built-in message boards, inspection capabilities, and all inclusive nature of the product. There are bugs and kinks that always need worked out, but that's true of anything. The great thing about Swept is that the company is always trying to improve. Have an idea that would make your life easier? Tell them. Have an issue and need a fix? Get advice straight from the source. The product is top-notch but the Customer Service is even better.

Pros

The message boards have broken down a lot of walls in the field. Shifting blame between shifts is no longer an issue and accountability has risen. It seems like such a simple thing with text messaging and social meadow being so prevalent, but creating something specific for our cleaners' needs has been an invaluable piece of equipment in the field.

Cons

Payroll is still difficult. Trying to determine if someone is close to overtime or having to manually approve every shift is difficult.

Evan K.

Great Startup

Reviewed on 13/06/2019

Swept has allowed us to manage our team with technology. Although I have listed some cons above, I need to mention that they are still growing and adding additional features as they grow. I am an avid supporter of the company and wish them great success as it directly impacts my future growth too.

Pros

- Ability to track time and employees with geofencing
- Schedule automation
- Inventory tracking

Cons

- Does not include a Work Order generation/tracking function
- Inspection reports are limited in use

Jason J.
Industry: Facilities Services

Software any cleaning/janitorial company can't live without

Reviewed on 09/05/2019

Has been great experience and they have really worked hard at keeping us happy. Like all new companies has had some growing pains but I believe they are going and growing in the right direction.

Pros

So many features in one location verses having mutilple software platforms. Overall ease of use, very intuitive for users. Gives us a distinct competitive advantage of our competitors. Swept seems to really care about it's clients!

Cons

Like any software has hiccups at times and sometimes can be at slow at resolving issues. Adding new features when current features need work. Not sure how the prioritize new features.

Industry: Facilities Services

Works well and steadily improves

Reviewed on 02/05/2019

One of the benefits is a personal one. In a matter of seconds I can get a snapshot of what's going on throughout our company. This means in the evening if I want a quick glimpse I don't need to engage multiple individuals, I remain anonymous, that way I can gather information and keep my personal barriers up.

Pros

It's added another set of eyes to the different sites we service. The communication within our group has improved dramatically.

Cons

There's nothing I dislike, but adding features consistently will increase how effective it is for us.

Jason M.

Specifically designed to help Commercial Cleaning Companies

Reviewed on 05/10/2016

Our company has been using Swept for a year now and in a very short time it has really changed the way we interact with our employees for the better. I could not imagine going back to the way we did business before Swept. I would suggest this software to anyone running a Commercial Cleaning business where one to many cleaners work for you.

Pros

- inspections
- employee time check in and out for each location
- employee scheduling feature
- communication features between managers / cleaners / clients
- the app works really well

Cons

- looking forward to when they provide better supply tracking (currently employees can easily let me know when a supply at a location is running low such as toilet paper or floor cleaner, but it does not keep track of how many of each type of supply has gone to each location)

Response from Swept

Thanks so much Jay!

Bengisu K.
Industry: Computer Software

Great app

Reviewed on 14/11/2018

Pros

I like that I can see when the cleaners have been to the office, for how long, and if problems arise they can take pictures or message me right away. I no longer have to have a pen and paper to check in on when things were done. When something is not working or damaged they take a picture of it and it makes it solving problems quick and easy.

Cons

Sometimes when I check the app check in through my email, it does freeze my computer and make me have to restart everything. It could be my desktop but it keeps stating the image is trying to download. My IT manager was not able to solve it but it did stop for the last month or so so maybe the software was updated. Love the app overall

Kevin L.

Overall Pleased with the Software

Reviewed on 13/06/2019

Pros

This software has greatly improved our communication as a team, helped us with supply orders. There are a few key clients that communicate using that app and it has really helped us be more responsive. Swept has helped us greatly in the selling process to differentiate ourselves from our competition. The app is the best part of the whole experience, it is simple and easy to use and it just works.

Cons

Reporting could use some work but I'm told there should be a release later this year.
What Swept does it does pretty well, its simplicity makes it easy to use but with that simplicity comes lack of customizability and options.

Gavin S.
Industry: Facilities Services

Swept has changed the way we communicate

Reviewed on 17/10/2016

Our service has people all over the city, unable to communicate effectively without using many email, text threads, and phone calls. All of these are really good ways to lose important information. Swept has given our team the ability to communicate effectively and efficiently. Our cleaners also know what they are supposed to be doing when they arrive every night thanks to the built in instruction area.

Pros

Easy to use, deploy and customize. It is effective and fast. It is a very cheap option as well.

Cons

I wish there where an easier way to export the inspections that are created in the app to a CSV format for our in house database

Response from Swept

Thanks for your feedback Gavin, we're working on your request :)

Jennifer B.
Industry: Environmental Services

Unmatched value for cost

Reviewed on 01/05/2019

Swept has been able to solve scheduling, account management, employee management, real-time communication with both employee and client messaging, inspection reporting, and many other features, it has certainly set the benchmark for me and my operations management systems.

Pros

I like the robust features of this software coupled with great ease of use.

Cons

occasional delay in real-time features that create a false notification alert

Ricardo G.

#1 Marketing Tool

Reviewed on 13/06/2019

We have changed the tendency reacting to problems to now be proactive preventing recurring complaints from customers.

Pros

Besides from making life easier for me as the owner of a cleaning company, Swept has become the best selling tool with a closing rate of over 90%.

Cons

Minor technical issues when introducing updates to the software.

Manuel G.
Industry: Business Supplies & Equipment

excellent option

Reviewed on 10/05/2019

I can be in contact with the cleaners and they can let me know and attach pictures if any issue, also I can forward to the customer, one day one of my cleaner spill the water for the yellow bucket in the carpet and they send me some pictures of the damage and I fixed before customer knows

Pros

ythe most think that i like from swept is that you can have everything in your hand like customer information, communication with workers everything

Cons

I can knows when the crews are in the building and i can run the reports any time

Christopher J.

Satisfied User

Reviewed on 13/06/2019

Very, very good. Customer service is responsive and always helpful.

Pros

It has helped to organize my Janitorial business’s communication between employees and clients

Cons

It’s still finding it’s identity, so to speak. They just added credit card processing, so that’s a good thing. This is a growing company so I look forward to it continuing to add services for its users.

Colten M.

Makes life easier!

Reviewed on 28/10/2016

Over all I am very happy with the app. It improves quality of life substantially bring many elements required into one convenient app. There have been a few bugs along the way but as it is a new app I understand over all it is a great product I give it 4 out of 5!

Pros

How it brings many required elements of my job together into one easy to use app.

Cons

It is still in rely stages so there have been bugs and it hasn't reached its full potential yet.

Jay B.

Schuman cleaning review

Reviewed on 13/10/2016

I think it is a great product but needs some fine tuning before it will work for us. Many items are designed more for a structure where the employee is a 1099 and we are w-2. We need more tracking inbetween stops and easier inspection process by supervisor that is in between worker and manager

Pros

Great, works well in many areas, covers most of the basis, geofenced etc

Cons

we do inspection by supervisor at each account, like a checklist. They need to just click and it be checked, takes too long with 64 bullet points to then go through meets expectations or below, etc and then clicking ok after that. Also, clicking into a building called drive time is too cumbersome.

Response from Swept

Thanks for the feedback Jay!

Jamara W.
Industry: Hospitality

A Better Way for Scheduling in Our Industry

Reviewed on 14/10/2016

Since using Swept, we've been able to schedule our employees and monitor how many labor hours are being used at each location. The scheduling tool works well for our business model. Our employees enjoy the internal communication provided by the messaging function at locations. Our leadership team has been able to hold employees accountable for their performance. There are a few tweaks to some of the functions that I would like to see Swept put in place and or update, but overall, our team really enjoy the app! We are looking forward to the future updates the app will be have.

Pros

The simple use of the dashboard. It makes it easy to locate what I need and do it quickly.

Cons

The constant error with the Time Zone location not updating properly no matter how many times we update the time zone in the Settings or in the Scheduling. This makes the scheduling report incorrect.

Francisco C.

Great software!

Reviewed on 03/05/2019

It's been one of the best things we've ever invested in! Saving time and headaches!

Pros

I love how this has simplified payroll for me and my wife. Also It really helps us keep our empolyees accountable on time usuage.

Cons

I'd like to see it be able to clock out employees that get out of the geo fence. But it's more of a want than a con.

Juan E.

Cleaning

Reviewed on 10/08/2019

I believe that it is the best app in the market for the cleaning industry.

Pros

It speaks to the cleaning industry language.

Cons

Too many steps to get to check daily labour.

Andrew K.

Great Software Program

Reviewed on 09/05/2019

Time and attendance

Pros

Ease of use and the customer service response

Cons

More flexible reports so that we can adjust them to receive the information we need.

Yuhannes W.

Swept Review

Reviewed on 13/10/2016

Swept has greatly helped us streamline our cleaning operations. Our managers love the ease of use and the app updates in the past 6 months have been phenomenal.

Pros

Ease of user, friendly user interface, multiple languages

Cons

Photos and messages sometimes slow to load. App has to be restarted sometimes in order to work.

Jason G.

Awesome app and support

Reviewed on 13/10/2016

We love what this app is provided for our company, our staff, and her clients. The support we receive from the Swept team is also incredible. They're willing to work with us and we enjoyed this relationship.

Pros

It is connecting RT members to one another. It also makes the communication with the client even easier.

Cons

Nothing

Fernie M.

Overall experience

Reviewed on 28/10/2016

As just started with the program, there are features that we really need in the business, experience wise is quite interesting, personally, it really works for me in many ways and love it, there are few glitch though when it comes to the Geofence, i know your techs are really working on it to its accuracy. Other than that, everything works as for having been said that needs more polishing. i would recommend it though.

Pros

Geofence and the real time conversations in messages with the parties involve.

Cons

Geofence - not accurate all the time.

Shayla B.

Great product!

Reviewed on 14/06/2019

Pros

It's fantastic for inspection usage and time management

Cons

The lack of functionality with uploading pictures

Ronnasha T.
Industry: Staffing & Recruiting

Swept Program Review

Reviewed on 13/10/2016

I like how the Swept Program is easy to use. It helps the company that I work for to function a little more smoothly when it comes to keeping tract of cleaners and supervisors.

Pros

I like that it has the cleaners building information and contact numbers in case we need to get in touch with them, and its easy to update their information.

Cons

In order for the program to work everyone has to have an email address and some of the cleaning staff doesn't have an email address and isn't interested in getting one.

Hope C.
Industry: Environmental Services

GREAT Sustem

Reviewed on 05/01/2017

This system is valuable for creating a sense of community within the team of employees and helps administration manage the business better. It's very easy to communicate to multiple people at the same time and keeps records of conversations. I liked the clock in the feature with GPS enabled. The reason it didn't get 5 stars is due to the software being new and some features not yet being available.

Pros

Clocking in and out.

Cons

No way of prioritizing notifications.