EventBank Reviews

4.7/5 (45 reviews)
Edward O.

Modern Cloud Software for Membership Driven Organizations

Reviewed on 18/07/2019

My overall experience has been extremely pleasing and time saving. Time is of the essence and we need to work fast in today's business environment, Eventbank allows me to save time and get things done much quicker due to the fact that many features of running a day-to-day business are built into one portal.

Pros

Many great features under one umbrella. From CRM, Event Management, Social Engagement, Email Marketing Campaigns, Invoicing, Membership Management & Financing, this software enables you run your business effectively and efficiently. Additionally, Eventbank designs and maintains our primary website which provides members and users with a high end look and feel.

Cons

My dislikes are minor (i.e. more member to member engagement features)

Brecht T.

Excellent All-in-One Platform to manage Events, Memberships, CRM, Email Marketing and Finance

Reviewed on 18/10/2017

Pros

As an active Chamber of Commerce, we were looking for something that would enable us (and improve) to manage our events, members, email campaigns, CRM, collect payments and be user-friendly at the same time. We wanted to replace several out-dated technologies and instead use one software for our internal operations.

It also happened that at the same time we were looking for a new website solution and EventBank was in the process of launching a new solution for Chambers of Commerce. This resulted in a new (mobile compatible) website that was delivered within 4 days against a competitive price and at the same time easy to use and manage.

The support we received all our three chapters across China was very well starting with personal kick-off calls, following online webinars and a good FAQ section. Once you have a look at the platform everything becomes easy. Best part for me as Deputy General Manager is easy set-up of roles & permissions to manage and restrict access to certain pages for temporary staff and some of our interns. Also, our members can now update their information and manage their own profiles. Creating Events has never been easier with Members now being able to sign up online and pay for the event using their preferred method.

Personally, I am also a fan of the EventBank Manager mobile app. Easy to monitor sign ups for events, membership renewals, email campaigns and check in attendees on spot.

Cons

EventBank's all-in-one platform has few shortcomings that I can think about and it has meet our expectations. We are looking forward to the new products features that are being released in the (near) future.

I got through my first event and realized I needed a different platform once completed

Used Other for 1-5 months
Reviewed on 28/06/2019

My overall experience was much better than my previous with using other softwares my only gripe was what i mentioned above. If those 4 issues can be fixed then I'd say it's a great platform but for now I'm going to be finding another option.

Pros

It was easy to set up the registration page and ticket options. Somewhat customizable. Check in was standard. Reporting is descent, can download excel spreadsheets for specific ticket types.

Cons

1. The top con on my list would be the payout process. Being that my events function based on ticket sales it's important that I have access to funds more frequently then twice per month. Other ticketing systems will pay you out every few days. I ran in to an issue where I needed to pay my instructors, venue and other staff but didn't have the funds available, so I had to front the money out of my own pocket.

2. The Finance Department is based in Asia therefore I would get replies regarding my concerns late in the evening rather than in the day during American business hours.

3. Ran in to some glitches with attendees not receiving their confirmations.

4. Couldn't figure out how to bring on team members to help check people in without revealing full financials. Volunteers or independent contracts hired shouldn't have the ability to view this info. Unless i missed something?

Response from EventBank

Thank you for your review and honest feedback.

Customer satisfaction is our highest priority at EventBank, and we are taking your review with the utmost seriousness and have already put in future updates and plan to improve customer experience with the product and services we provide.

You'll be pleased to find that we do have an option available to create temporary profiles so that volunteers and independent contractors can check people in to events without having access to your entire account. In addition, we strive to consistently improve our software to make it more user-friendly as well as regular updates to our EventBank HelpDesk with new documentation, content, and tutorials on the EventBank platform.

We have dedicated Customer Success Managers around the world, servicing all time zones, so that you are able to receive a response to your questions or concerns whenever you need.

We sincerely hope that you'll consider using EventBank for your upcoming events again.

Brian

0.0/10
Martina H.

Eventbank were our ticketing partner for the 2018 St Patrick's Day Irish Ball

Reviewed on 24/04/2018

The software made the sale and management of tickets and financial reporting incredibly easy and straightforward.

Pros

The software was easy to use, provided up to date information, allowed for the creation of reports with detailed information and the Customer Support provided by Eventbank was great, all queries were dealt with in a timely and professional manner.

Cons

The only con was the inability to create tickets for a full table as a back end user. This is an event specific con as creation of individual tickets is a very easy process

Response from EventBank

Thank you for such a nice review, Martina! We are so proud to be working with you for 3 years already. And as a valued customer, I have some good news to share with you - I have talked to our Product Team about your feedback and we are going to develop a feature to add group (table) registrations, so we can save you even more time when you organize the next Irish Ball!

James S.

Putting the service in 'Platform as a Service'

Reviewed on 17/03/2017

I've been working on implementing EventBank as the primary platform to organize, manage, and execute group exercise events for FitFam Shanghai - we're a very active and consistent fitness community and volunteer organization based in shanghai that organizes and runs completely free outdoor and some indoor workouts. The volume of workout 'events' that we do per week has increased drastically, and with EventBank we've been able to go from a rag-tag group of volunteers to a much more organized and efficient planning group. As a grassroots movement, this kind of tool is amazing and essential for us to be able to keep doing what we love, but do it better and better.

The platform not only allows us to organize teams, plan events, and disseminate information to our community in a much more efficient and organized fashion - it's allowing us to finally put together data on how large our community actually is, who our core participants are, and their motivations for coming out to exercise with us.

Our organization really emphasizes the idea and practice of community, including when deciding which partners and sponsors we choose to work with. EventBank is an excellent partner for us in that regard because of the support and technical teams behind it. We feel very strongly that we aren't simply using their platform, but that we're working with a team that is both part of and supporting our community. While the platform hasn't been without some minor bugs/issues, the responsiveness of the support and technical teams to every issue is amazing, and the speed with I'm seeing issues be responded to and resolved is superb.

Pros

It's functions are very apt to fulfill many needs of our organization, and the team responsiveness is great.

Cons

There are minor issues with some of the registration functions.

Jeffers M.

Getting better each day

Reviewed on 06/08/2019

Helping me by a click of a button to reach my members

Pros

- I love this product's interface that's much easy to use by novices
- I like the customization options, especially the drag-n-drop
- The product is quite easy to move around
- I love the versatility of the product
- I love the tracking ability of emails

Cons

- Am not able to send email to a member through right-clicking
- Improve customizable payment options to allow a primary registrant to pay less for a secondary registrant
- Limited RTF options when composing

Graham N.

Very effective platform, with more to come

Reviewed on 08/03/2017

EventBank has some excellent features that make the chamber's work much easier. Their background is with events, and their platform provides a lot of features to help make the set-up, promotion and registration easier for us and the participants. For me, the e-newsletter system stands out - it used to take us weeks to put together a new email newsletter, but now we can do it in an afternoon. It also helps us collect a lot of data about the effectiveness of campaigns.

Database management has been the biggest struggle, but their customer service is very responsive and, despite some hiccups, it is now handling new memberships and renewals well.

They are continuing to provide new features, and are very responsive to suggestions on how to improve their service, especially in extracting useful information from the database.

Pros

The look and feel, and the potential to manipulate the data.

Cons

It has been a struggle to iron out the complications in the CRM, but it gets better all the time.

Aisling M.

Good vision, good care of customers, good product

Reviewed on 08/03/2017

I have been using EventBank for over 1 year. I appreciate that they listen to customers and release updates in line with suggestions they have received. Their support team has an incredibly fast response time, and always has a great answer or solution to my problem.

UX is great - very simple interface and easy to understand. Love that it's trilingual. There are a lot of great little features you can discover if you take time to really explore the tool.

Still waiting on more HTML capabilities - this tool is great for teams without web design experience as it's incredibly easy to make a very professional looking event page, eDM campaigns, and easy to receive and track money. However, I wouldn't mind some more sophisticated tools for my own personal reasons. This update is meant to be released soon, and I look forward to it.

All in all, I would recommend EventBank to my next organization as an events and mailing list management tool.

Pros

UX, Ease of use

Cons

No HTML functions

Williams N.

A happy upgrade - an even better improvement

Reviewed on 22/01/2019

Pros

One of the most refreshing elements of Eventbank is its interface. A large step up from our previous CRM and Event Management systems, Eventbank has a user-friendly interface that is easy to use and navigate - either through exploring by yourself or through the help of their tutorial videos. Furthermore, in the CRM module, individual contacts and companies are seperated for easy access, and the Member companies are contained in another module of the CRM.

The events module is easy to use, creating events within minutes with direct connectability to the campaigns module.

The in-built support mechanism is a handy tool in Eventbank which allows you to ask for support in a convenient manner without having to email the support team directly. Eventbank support team reply very quickly, aiming to resolve any issue we have had as soon as possible.

Cons

Some of the features unfortunately we have been unable to use due to legal requirements in our jurisdiction - including to our chagrin, the invoicing feature. While it is near impossible to find software that is going to meet exactly every need of every organisation without creating a custom-made solution, Eventbank is open to suggestions and their team have been very supportive and happy to take on board any suggestions or needs that we have had.

Vy V.

All in One Event management system for our community

Reviewed on 18/04/2018

Pros

We use the platform for 35+ events a week across 2 cities and at present we manage over 4000+ members. In the last year we created over 1000+ workouts/ meetings/ social gatherings for FitFam, we would not be able to manage our community effectively without this platform. We are able to easily set up events for our community to access and register for, regardless of indoor or outdoor sessions and numbers allowed.
Easy administration for efficient review, publishing, check in process. EventBank works seamlessly along side our other information platforms, giving us more visibility.

Cons

We created a 'how - to - use' PDF for our community to easily use the platform as we had users downloading the managers app instead of the users app.

Laurine B.

Good all-in-one platform for social organization

Reviewed on 17/04/2019

Pros

She Loves Tech is a global platform committed to empower women in tech. We were looking for a
software that would help use manage our events, CRM and mail marketing. Thanks to our partnership with Event Bank, we benefit from an easy to use all-in-one platform. The events module and the mail marketing are very straightforward which enabled us to be more efficient in our work. That’s something that matters a lot for us! As a small team, we couldn't afford to waste time working with out-dated technologies and Event Bank provided what we needed.

We would also like to highlight the great job done by the support team that demonstrated its fast responsiveness to satisfy our queries. We are looking to collaborate more with EventBank soon.

Cons

We encountered minor bugs while using the registration and mail marketing functions.

Matthieu B.

Productive now that we have Eventbank

Reviewed on 11/03/2017

We have tried many "popular" services in China to sell tickets to our events and it is clear that they don't know their industry. Eventbank clearly made the effort to think from an organiser's perspective rather than click bait standpoint (or least effort required).

With Eventbank, I can onboard new organisers smoothly and delegate them exactly the rights I want. It's simple to create personalised and professional designs for our event pages. Sharing on social media and their payment methods are all smooth and straightforward.

The customer support is on top of things and answer with care.
I have suggested to improve the analytics and other small features, I am confident they will think it through and develop if it makes sense.

I would seriously be unhappy and lose productivity if I had to opt out of Eventbank.

Pros

Cons

They could provide more analytics, drive some traffic from their own audience and offer more features to design their event pages.

Aaron S.

Ideal for Chambers and membership organisations

Reviewed on 07/08/2019

Took a while to get used to all the controls and features. Once familiar, is rather intuitive. Customer support has been very helpful throughout.

Pros

EventBank has most of all the features that you'd need, and even the features you never thought you'd need. A good all in one CRM, event and comms platform.

Cons

Automated emails or notices being sent to our members without our control / ability to customise or prevent. Eg. When importing new members to company memberships. We need to be able to control this urgently.

Andrea R.

EventBank as a great software for event management

Reviewed on 27/02/2019

We didn't use it as Membership Management Software

Pros

Very intuitive to use. Offers many automatic functions like ticket sale, payment and confirmation, as well as email reminders to participants. Offers diverse design templates and functionalities that can be customised. Great customer service. Served us not only for organising the event but also for promoting the event through detailed event descriptions, speaker bios, sponsor page. Offers an app for both event managers as well as participants. Very easy to track and manage ticket sales and registration lists.

Cons

We used EventBank with an umbrella page for a complex series of 11 events in 8 days and 8 different venues. The complexity tested the limits of the software in terms of flexibility and customization. Not possible to show more than one venue. Also, not possible to link iCalendar to specific event but only to entire 8 days nor to disable this function. However, this degree of complexity is certainly an exception for events managed by EventBank software.

Paige J.

Easy-to-use event management tool with great support

Reviewed on 15/05/2018

Efficiency, happy attendees, professional look.

Pros

We use EventBank's event management software for all of our large events at Kempinski. It is very intuitive and easy-to-use, and we can create great looking professional event websites with registration, payments, community features, and other information we need to display. QR Code Check-ins with the Manager App are super-fast. Great thing is also that we have a dedicated Customer Success Manager and she helps us with all the questions and queries in a timely manner.

Cons

Our event pages are bi-lingual - both English and Chinese, and sometimes the Chinese version of the website is not super intuitive.

Steven P.

Eventbank- great for Membership organizations

Reviewed on 15/03/2017

A reasonably new but with great ideas and a really responsive support team. What I have really liked is that fact that if the system does not already have what you need they are very good at developing new features going forward. For me it is the best I have seen for chamber use

Pros

It is the best one I have seen for chambers, combining membership and event tracking

Cons

It is new so some of the stuff is not 100% fully worked out yet; but they are updating all the time and it gets better every week

Anna R.

Great tool for Chambers of Commerce

Reviewed on 03/10/2018

Our Chamber has been using Eventbank for almost 2 years now and we are able to provide a much more professional service to our Members and to keep better track of new leads and our guests. We are overall very satisfied with the service.

Pros

It is an all-in-one software: Events Management, Membership Management, Database recording

Cons

Automatic messaging should be more customizable.

Evander W.

Data-based. Functional. Fast. Ads easy to be published. First choice for setting RSVP of events.

Used Monthly for 6-12 months
Reviewed on 10/11/2017

Easy to use. I have got the connection with prospective members and thus i can better build cooperation with them.

Pros

I mainly use EventBank to set up events registration whenever my organization organises any external/sometimes internal events. So, my comments in this survey are all based on my experience on this feature, I know there are many other features including CRM etc though.

It's pretty easy to use EventBank to promote events via mailings and set up RSVP. Also, I have found it convenient to check in guests onsite to verify their registration. Also, the EventBank supports several languages and meanwhile it works fast in China, unlike some international survey apps working slowly in China or Chinese apps without an English version.

Cons

Sometimes, I get confused about the two EventBank websites -.com and .cn because they both have English home pages while my administrator account is only valid in one website. So, upon logging in a new device on which where the right website is not saved as a bookmark, I have to try both sites to log in successfully.

I think it would be even better if there are more styles to choose from in the publishing events page?

S a kumari D.

User friendly platform.

Reviewed on 27/03/2019

Pros

Members can edit there details directly instead of sending it to us, online registration is also being done. Membership has increased.

Cons

Our finance department wants a specific tax invoice, which is not available in the platform. It would be good if that is looked into.

Mohanraj S.

Robust, reliable and user friendly.

Reviewed on 19/06/2017

Pros

Campaign and Event management features are absolutely easy to use with ready templates.
Dashboard & filter features are also useful for real time analysis.

Cons

The support provided is limited.No training document /video provided.
Users have to contact the support manager for answers on "how to ".
The payment gateway for Credit Card payment is hefty

Response from EventBank

Hi Mohan,

Thank you for submitting the review and for your honest feedback.

Customer satisfaction is our highest priority, thus your comment about our Customer Support has surprised us and we don't take it lightly. I think you might be not aware of our extensive, easy-to-use Helpdesk where we have on-boarding and support materials together with on-demand videos and how-to articles with more training materials coming out soon! Contact our Customer Success Team for the access.

Hope this helps.

Best regards,

Oliver

Papatsorn K.

As a chamber of commerce, EventBank really helps us moving forward, especially with its application.

Reviewed on 08/02/2018

Pros

Easy to use. It links CRM with event managment, membership and broadcast platform, making members tracking become easier and lessen double tasks in the past when the mentioned 3 platform are seperate softwares.

Cons

There are too many notifications sending out when adjustment/update has been made. We prefer to disturb our members as little as possible.

Icu M.

We are happy with the improvement the team has made to facilitate our organisation needs

Reviewed on 05/06/2018

Having a smart data and easier facility to manage the event registration and campaign

Pros

We so far really appreciate Its feature for easy registration flow. Thus, we can manage better our event

Cons

Interface of membership. It would be better if the platform could facilitate easier way to preview the corporate members too.

Mohan R.

A complete End to end events and membership management platform

Reviewed on 19/03/2019

What is most important for all enterprise software to succeed is the team and hand holding. By far, that remains the most crucial success factor for any large scale deployment of the best of the best ERP or CRM or any software tool for that matter and that remains the key attribute of Event bank. The passionate team members coupled with flawless execution of onboarding a client and hand holding them end to end.

Pros

- Ease of Use
- Slick UX
- Responsive design
- Native app
- Everything in one place for managing an association viz. Memberships, events, finance, mailing list.
- You dont have to have the headache of managing several platforms viz. mailchimp, a CRM and an ERP module with disjoined data which makes no sense.

Cons

SInce we haven't seen anything as compelling and all encompassing as this, I'am finding it a little hard to list the cons.

That siad, I guess an easier and robust payment gateway would have certainly been of great help.

Rachel C.

Empower Your Events with Eventbank

Reviewed on 08/03/2017

As an organizer of numerous events every year, we have used the Eventbank for more than a year and really like it. It is a true breakthrough app which greatly improves the efficiency of the whole team. By providing many ready-to-use templates, the software allows us to plan and promote our events online over in a short time. It also offers all important information attendees need weeks and months ahead of the events, such as schedules, maps, contact persons, speakers bios, and more. Meanwhile, the mobile Eventbank Manager is often used as a supplement to the online event management platforms. It makes it possible for every team members to keep updated the event progress and manage the event anytime and anywhere. It is definitely worthy to have a try!

Pros

Easy-to-use Templates, Online Payment, Management Android/IOS Apps, Email Campaigns.

Cons

Level of Customization.

Elisa S.

Organizing our events is much faster

Reviewed on 17/04/2018

Pros

It's very easy to create events and we can do it all just using EventBank- we don't need other solutions as email marketing and Crm are all included. While it used to take us few days to create events pages, send out emails and collect registrations, it only takes few minutes now. We can also duplicate our regular events easily.

Cons

French language and support in French language would be nice to have, but so far we managed. Other than that no cons.