Loyverse POS Reviews

Loyverse POS

Write a Review!
Free point of sale software & inventory system

4.6/5

Ian
Ian
  • Industry: Restaurants
  • Used for 1-5 months

A lot of features given the super-budget price

Reviewed on 06/02/2020

It's been very easy to use after some initial setup (which is difficult on every platform).

Pros

Loyverse is in a rare space offering a very low cost product in the POS/restaurant ops space. Even at the low price point, they offer a kitchen tablet software (alternative to a kitchen printer), a POS for taking orders, sending orders to the kitchen and running a bill. It even has inventory management with alerts when your inventory is running low. With their SumUp integration you can do everything you need for running your restaurant without having to sign any long term contracts, setting up credit card processing, etc.

Cons

Loyverse isn't a "bundled" product like a Toast or an UpServe so you'll need to get your own tablets/phones for your team to use (tablet for the kitchen, handheld devices for your servers) but that ends up saving you a LOT of money. There are a few "missing features" if you're comparing to other POS systems, namely staff management, online ordering, delivery management but these aren't concerns for a lot of businesses. For our business we ended up going with Toast for some of these missing features and the dedicated support, networking equipment, etc. but Loyverse was a very strong consideration for us. One of the key features we need as a tea house is a "forced modifier" where someone selects a package (i.e. high tea) and then needs to make some selections (which teas they want to have). This sort of workflow existed on Toast but not on Loyverse as of the time of our evaluation.

Aaron

Great POS, Easy to Use

Reviewed on 12/07/2023

Loyverse works very well for what we need it to do.

Loyverse works very well for what we need it to do.

Pros

The POS has a clean design and is pretty easy to use.

Cons

There are a few design changes I'd like to see including category tabs, better payment function, and the ability to set up prepaid accounts.

Michel

Dk18

Reviewed on 15/06/2023

Whe usevit every day

Whe usevit every day

Pros

The integration White our ipad system was eazy .

Cons

The fact that there is no table plan ,

Bradley
  • Industry: Hospitality

Reviewed on 21/09/2023

Pros

The use of composite items to allow me to know exactly what my cost vs profit was

Cons

I have been pretty happy with the functionality and ease of use of this product

Julia

Best app ever

Reviewed on 01/09/2023

Pros

The free version give me everything that i need for my bussines, i used tu paid 90€ at month for a sistem that does not do even half ofg the things i am able to do with the Loyverse PoS

Cons

would be nice if you could edit the size of the font, my mom is the cooker and she cant read so well the tiny letter sizes

Jp
  • Industry: Hospitality

A great tool for small business owners

Reviewed on 16/09/2023

This is the best free POS alternative in the market. The UI is very friendly and can work on all platforms (Android, IOS). And best of all is I can check on the sales even when I'm away from the shop via the mobile app.

Pros

The free version, in itself, is already a powerful tool that is so beneficial to us small business owners. It is easy to use and integrate with other devise. The data management and reporting modules are so intuitive that I just need a minor tweaks to make the downloads work on my customized reports.

Cons

Sometimes the data in the reports are inconsistent (eg COGS is not accurate)Reports may change if I updated unit costs but I think I can look for a work aroundbut overall I'm satisfied with this program

Great Product Slight Problem

Reviewed on 13/12/2023

Very happy and will grow my users if the are able to sort out the sales report update

Pros

The ease of use and the various features available.

Cons

Every now and then it does not shown your sales. The update on the report seems to be delayed. Very frustrating.

Paul

Loyverse user since 2022

Reviewed on 17/09/2023

Very Good!

Very Good!

Pros

Friedly use and easy to learn, save money

Cons

The refund, after the cutoff 12am not able to capture the refunds and bring back the inventory

Bongy
  • Industry: Food & Beverages

Loyverse came to my rescue as the business grew

Reviewed on 13/10/2023

Opening and Closing of my tills without having to write anything down.

Opening and Closing of my tills without having to write anything down.

Pros

That I can link the kitchen and the barista to the cashier POS without anyone shouting for new order.

Cons

So far I'm happy with what I get from Loyverse, as the business grows I hope it grows well with Loyverse system

Ashraff

Good and recommend

Reviewed on 29/01/2024

Good interface wirh easy access and fool proof

Good interface wirh easy access and fool proof

Pros

Been using this P.O.S system for 5 restaurants now.

Cons

When its take long to refresh my past sales history

Ma Theresa
  • Industry: Individual & Family Services

Loyverse POS for Laundry Hub

Reviewed on 05/02/2023

Though there's still room for improvement for this software, I gave it a high score because compared to our used to be manual , it has really significantly helped us in timely reporting, accuracy & efficiency. There's still more I need to explore like inventory management, which I look forward to do soon. Overall, I'm very happy in my experience with Loyverse POS.

Pros

- simple and easy to use - convenient & efficient especially to our staff vs our old manual process wherein we still have to write no. of loads for wash & dry, detergent & fabcon ordered and corresponding prices in the job order- monitors our receivables thru open ticket compared vs old manual process we still have to stamp paid for job order copy thus prone to human error & more reconciliation if not stamp paid resulting to customer complaints- as the owner, i can easily view and download detailed sales reports, which is very helpful to me in analyzing the financials, trend, manpower scheduling & of profitability- customers love the professional look of the receipt vs our old manually written job orders

Cons

- open tickets can be deleted without a trail. This is one control I haven't resolved yet. I'm not always present in the shop. Employee can just delete the open ticket if he/she plans not to remit the payment.

Souryams

Used and Highly Recommend

Reviewed on 16/03/2019

Great system for FREE. It may have its kinks but you can only expect so much from a free program. Oh and also, Customer Service is super responsive and helpful which made the use experience much more pleasant.

Pros

The fact that this software is free is the major selling point. It has all the features you would want as a POS system and creates a great platform for loyalty programs for your customers. The live updating stock feature is another plus and has come in handy in my multiple projects. Works great with retail and I've just begun to implement this in a cafe. It syncs of easily with my receipt printer. All this for FREE

Cons

As with other software, it can be overwhelming with the amount of features this application comes with. One of my least favorite issues was with updating the stock. I wish they had a more streamlined stock updating system. I often found myself with duplicates in my stock list which was throwing me off at the end of the month counting sales. However, this might just be a user error I have yet to sort out.

Jan
  • Industry: Consumer Goods

Do no hesitate: use Loyverse

Reviewed on 02/02/2023

Using it on your phone makes it for us very easy to use. Our shop is very big and we walk around with our customers to collect the goods they need. Along the way we can provide price information and registrate the items we pick.

Pros

It is very easy to implement and use, also with multiple POS-units. Great you can see which transaction was on what POS. The dashboard app makes it easy to follow the performance of our business. With the export capabilities I can quite easily transfer data to our bookkeeping software.

Cons

In the export of the receipts I would like more detail in the VAT. Now it is 1 amount but I need it devided into 21, 9 and 0%. As administrator I would like more capabilities to correct misstakes in transactions. Sometimes the wrong payment type is chosen and I cannot correct that in Loyverse.

Antonio
  • Industry: Food & Beverages

Excellent app for small business

Reviewed on 01/02/2023

very happy

very happy

Pros

Is practice to use for anybody in my small business

Cons

It does not have an option to report expenses from the box, on a day-to-day basis. That is, it would be good to have it in the summary of how much money came out of the daily box

Square Payments

Reasons for Switching to Loyverse POS

is perfect for my operation
Sebastian

The best POS APP

Reviewed on 10/06/2023

My team and me love Loyverse

My team and me love Loyverse

Pros

increases the efficiency of order taking, since orders come out faster, providing better quality and customer service

Cons

I would add the option of being able to add the customer's name on the ticket without having to register it, since at the time of delivery I don't know whose product it is

Zeta

The best POS system I have ever used

Reviewed on 31/03/2023

I am a home based bakery and Loyverse POS really help my on business branding, database and sales monitoring.

Pros

What I like most about Loyverse POS is that I get to keep customers database and paperless on bills. With business logo on the receipt, it does help on my business branding too.

Cons

I hope that I can use Loyverse POS at my website so that my customer can purchase products online without sending message to me and for me to key in details manually.

Jer
  • Used for 1-5 months

Great graphic style POS with limitations

Reviewed on 06/07/2017

I highly recommend using this on IPads. Only Apple OS has the ability to lock their tablet to just one app (guided access). Android based tablets do not have this feature.

Pros

Easy to setup items to sell. The app can be used on either the Apple iPad or on Android base tablets. However stick with the Apple iPad because of the guide access feature is found only on Apple's OS. It easy to train rotating cashiers on this system. I do like the ability to split checks.

Cons

Not a true inventory if you are looking to see past and on-going stock. The system allows you to sell with negative inventory.
As with graphic based display too much items can be overwhelming. Best for business with no more than 2 dozen items otherwise you will be spending too long of a time scrolling through pages to find the item. It's is nice that it has categories but that also take some time as well. When items are out of stock, system should give the owner the option to hid the item until it is restocked. There is no warning given and shown when stock is low or completely out to the cashier.. Only an email is sent indicating a low stock.
There is no capabilities of sorting the displayed item or separating into groups visually. It's all done alphabetically.

I am completely confused on the sales history in the back office. Sales by payment and sales summery don't match. The data sync is slow. It may take a few hours after the close of the day before all the sales are synced and shown in the back office. When using discounts and promotions the totals don't necessarily add up correctly. I am still trying to figure out why that is.

Casey
  • Industry: Food & Beverages

Best pos easy to use great help

Reviewed on 28/06/2023

I have yet to experiance any issues loyverse hasnt solbed for me printers work with it. Was a bit of a challemge to find compatible tablet

Pros

Tracking sales as Well as using the pos as ordering devise. Makes ordering faster

Cons

Sometimes hard to get answers but often help is quick

Chris
  • Industry: Food Production

Point of Sale

Reviewed on 02/02/2023

No problems at all it is a fantastic system, 100% pleased with it, as above mentioned time and date stamp on open tickets would be all that I would add to the system.

Pros

Ease of adding new products, adding images, editing prices, adding new customers, back office data, print and email invoices.

Cons

Time and date stamp for open tickets, as I use this function for monthly accounts it would be good to have this option.

Saeed

Manager

Reviewed on 20/02/2023

Overall, I am very happy with Loyverse POS performance.

Overall, I am very happy with Loyverse POS performance.

Pros

I liked the layout and its intuitive logical flow. I found it easy to change its setting to adapt it to my business requirements. Using it over two years, I find it reliable and consistent.

Cons

1- When I export some reports to Excel, the French words with special characters are not showing up correctly.2- When the program first starts up, the connection to the server at time is a bit too long.

Emmanuel
  • Industry: Individual & Family Services

General purpose POS

Reviewed on 07/07/2023

Pros

We love it is as a POS, sales analytics and data syncing system.

Cons

Syncing failures between devices. Database rollbacks.

Claire

Loyverse POS, our Lifesaver!

Reviewed on 15/08/2016

As a start up retail company we needed a POS that was affordable, easy to use, had a loyalty program incorporated and that worked from a tablet.....Loyverse ticked all those boxes! In addition to this the customer support team were with us every step of the way from video tutorials to real time live chat...AWESOME!

Pros

Its soooooo easy to use and also secure, I would say its fool proof! Also the loyalty program is a wonderful idea, love the way it links with the QR code and allows us to send regular updates to our customers, and the fact that we can easily convert an excel file to a CSV file to import the data to the application....also the cost was definitely within our budget!

Cons

There's a few features we would like to see as are really quite necessary for retail, such as size and colour in a sub category, currently unavailable, but have been told its on its way :) Also we need to be able to offer a printed receipt, some people just prefer that to an email, but again we've been advised its possible! Under card payment options we would like to include the type of card used and the currency...Kuwait dinar has 3decimal places.

Mili
  • Industry: Consumer Services

T.P.V. Online

Reviewed on 01/02/2023

My experience is very positive, I have not found anything better

My experience is very positive, I have not found anything better

Pros

very complete and easy to use, practical and intuitive

Cons

What I like less is that it should be much more specialized in the territory, for example the numerical tables are not with the "," instead of ".".

Cherrilyn

Straight Forward No-nonsense Easy to Use

Reviewed on 03/02/2023

Very happy.

Very happy.

Pros

The VALUE is outstanding and they don't nickel and dime you to death. In comparison 99% of other POS systems are a rip-off.

Cons

The inability to do a custom refund amount as the system only allows for complete refunds of a specific item previously sold. Occasionally I need to do a simply $5.00 refund or a % refund and this is not allowed.

Ahmad Tarmedi
  • Industry: Food & Beverages

Very good tool for my small business.

Reviewed on 24/04/2023

Very helpful in my business.

Very helpful in my business.

Pros

Friendly user. Very easy to use on my tablet and it's portable also easy connect to my portable printer using bluetooth.

Cons

For now, it is very useful for me and perfect to use.