ClockShark

4.7/5
4.8/5

Jan
Jan

Great product, great service!

Reviewed on 27/11/2018

More accurate time tracking may have saved us money, but the main benefit stems from employees getting sloppier on keeping a hand-written time card. Now I don't have to keep my own record, re-create times, check their math, question their times, or manually input time into Quickbooks.

Pros

Where do I start? It allows us to track our employees' time to the minute, GPS tracking to verify employee times is great, the app is easy for them to use, it integrates with Quickbooks, and the service is above par. I can shoot any question over to them via chat, and they are always prompt, friendly, and helpful in guiding me to a fix. We've used other clock-in systems in the past, but this one is the best we've used.

Cons

Two or three times over the year we've been using the software, the crew has had an app glitch where they haven't been able to clock out or clock back in, but that's only 3 instances out of at least 600 clock-ins. It may have been due to reception/data issues, and they could still put in 'notes' stating when they took lunch or clocked in or out.

Greg

Clock Shark needs clock in rounding!!

Reviewed on 08/06/2023

Everything else about clock shark is great. Love the interface, online help, easy to use for employees. If they could implement the clock in shift rounding, I would give Clock Shark a 10/10

Pros

Everything for the most part is great. Geofencing, uploading documents for easy access, payroll friendly, employee time sheet accountability.

Cons

I do NOT like the fact that if my employees get to the job early and clock in when they get there, say 6:45am for a 7am start I can't have the system round their start time to 7am. Not having this one feature costs me thousands a year and probably more than what I am saving by switching to Clock Shark from my previous system. This seems like a very easy thing to program into the system, and I don't know why Clock Shark can't figure that out.

Procore and ExakTime

Reasons for Choosing ClockShark

To save money and because Clock Shark worked better with my accounting system. Clock Shark also has some other unique features that I really like. Such as uploading job info for my foreman and accessibility to those documents. Forman's ability to track time on his project.

Reasons for Switching to ClockShark

Interface and ease of use.
Neil

Overkill for me but still useful

Reviewed on 08/06/2023

ClockShark has at a minimum sharpened up our day to day timekeeping. Since as a boss I can check to see if the guys are diligent in recording their hours, they rarely are trying to “remember what they did on Monday” on Friday when they need to band in timesheets for the week

Pros

I need a stripped down version of this. I don’t/won’t use many of the features behind the simple time keeping app entered manually end of day

Cons

How I’m paying as much as we do for as little of it that we use

Response from ClockShark

Hey, Neil! We appreciate the feedback! We'd be interested to learn what features you use and see if any of the additional features that are available could be helpful to speed up any of your current business processes. Please submit your feedback to our customer support team at [email protected]!

Magdalena
  • Industry: Entertainment

Ideal Platform for Clock Management

Reviewed on 18/04/2024

Pros

ClockShark creates assertive clock control, and there are reliable reminders to follow.

Cons

ClockShark is impressive in service delivery.

Andualem
  • Industry: Biotechnology

Efficient Time Tracking Made Easy

Reviewed on 05/03/2023

I had a experience using ClockShark software for my small business. It was easy to set up and use, and I appreciated the range of features it offered. The mobile app was especially useful for tracking time while out of the office.

Pros

1.User-friendly interface makes it easy to navigate and use2.Offers a wide range of features, including time tracking, scheduling, and reporting3.Integrates with popular payroll and accounting software, such as QuickBooks and ADP4.Offers mobile app for on-the-go time tracking5.Excellent customer support with helpful resources and quick response times

Cons

1.Limited customization options for reports and invoices2.No automatic overtime calculation feature3.Can be slightly more expensive compared to other time tracking software options

Response from ClockShark

Hi, thanks so much for your review! ClockShark does offer automatic overtime calculation! Please contact our customer support team at [email protected] so our team can walk you through the setup. As for the customization of reports and invoices, we'd love to know what options we can add in order to make them more useful for your business. Please provide this feedback to our customer support team and they can make sure it is seen by our development team as well!

Keri

What a Difference!

Reviewed on 13/04/2020

We're getting a much better overall picture of the time used. I began seeing a general pattern in travel times to and from the jobs. Time going to a job was consistently longer than coming home. Turns out they were stopping to pick up parts along the way. While one guy went into the supply house, three more were sitting in the truck. Processes were put in place to eliminate the need for the stop.

Pros

Simple setup, easy to use by crew and for me the best part is that it actually calculates the overtime.

Cons

As a construction company, we often use multiple rates for the same guy. First of all, they all make different rates depending on their skills and time with the company. Second, they make less to ride in the truck than they do when they're onsite. It would be awesome if this could somehow be factored in.

Response from ClockShark

Hello Keri,

Thank you for the 5-star review! So glad to hear that ClockShark is easy for you and your team to use. Feel free to reach out to us anytime at 800-828-0689 or by emailing [email protected]! We're always here to help and love talking with customers and hearing feature requests.

Angel
  • Industry: Mechanical or Industrial Engineering

My Rewview

Reviewed on 18/05/2020

Overall works great for our line of work my techs are able to log in every time keeps a clean record of the hours worked easy to approve the time.

Pros

Since we had technicians I need to know where they are all the time I like the fact that it will show me the entire route for the day.

Cons

The GPS does not give me an update per minute on the same day.

WebTitan , Time Tracker and TimeClick

Reasons for Choosing ClockShark

My techs were having problems not able to log in, some of my techs had to reset their password every week and every time I called tech support they could not find the problem or they would create a ticket to have a more season tech review and no one ever got back to us.

Timesheets.com

Reasons for Switching to ClockShark

Some of them were overpriced and require a year subscription and they would deduct on a monthly basis and if I cancel they would prorate it and return the difference. The other did not have a good GPS program and would not record the entire day if they ever lost their internet on the phone.

Response from ClockShark

Hi Angel!

We appreciate the review. Glad to hear that you enjoy ClockShark's GPSTrak feature to see where your employees are at during the day. Feel free to reach out to us anytime at 800-828-0689 or by emailing [email protected]! We're always here to help and love talking with customers and hearing feature requests.

Jacob

Coming from someone who can barely use a phone

Reviewed on 01/11/2021

Pros

I'm the kind of person that will manually write down every hour an employee worked onto a piece of paper, get a calculator out and then input that into my payroll. Clockshark helped save countless hours of timetracking, estimating, payroll, and many, many mistakes made along the way.

Cons

All of the different features and pages were quite overwhelming at first seeing as I'm not the kind of person that can just open software and figure out how to use it. It took me a while to realize that the pop-ups are actual people who genuinely want to help you use the software and succeed. Once someone showed me how to use all the pages it was a breeze!

Jobber

Reasons for Choosing ClockShark

I couldn't figure out how to use the other product and clockshark employees were more helpful.

it suited my needs more
Tristan

Best In Class

Reviewed on 16/11/2021

I've been extremely satisfied and impressed with ClockShark, from everything to its functionality, to it's customer service. I'd highly recommend it to any company with employees.

Pros

ClockShark makes scheduling and time tracking easy and enjoyable with their great functionality and incredible customer service.

Cons

A very minor complaint is that the software typically takes a bit longer to perform routine tasks such as scheduling and timecard approvals when compared to some of its competitors that I've used in the past.

Timesheets.com and Homebase

Reasons for Choosing ClockShark

After Intuit bought T-Sheets, there was a steep drop-off in customer service, and some technical issues started to arise that were concerning.

Reasons for Switching to ClockShark

ClockShark was superior in almost every aspect, and their customer service was extremely impressive.
Nicole

Great Program and Easy to Use

Reviewed on 16/05/2022

Pros

We really like how easy it is for our employees to use ClockShark. The mobile app is simple and user friendly for an employee and manager. We switched from an app that was very difficult for managers to use, and now they are thrilled at the usability of this app. I also really enjoy how easy it is to process payroll. The time off requests features were able to fit our needs perfectly, which is where our other app also fell short. We really like the notifications for clocking in/out, as well as alerts when there is missing time.

Cons

I wish that the time was shown in quarter hours instead of hours and minutes. I chose rounding to the quarter hour for times; however, all times are shown in hours and minutes which means I have to translate that. Also, I wish that the timesheet showed cumulative hours in real time, just so we could keep up wi6th hours as they are being worked, instead of waiting until the end of the day.

ADP Workforce Now

Paychex Flex

Reasons for Switching to ClockShark

Geotracking was the main reason. Our technicians work in the field, so tracking where they are clocking in/out of is important to our company.
Jessica

Best Software for Any Company!

Reviewed on 09/07/2020

This solved my time tracking issues with my staff, its easy to use and very efficient. Scheduling jobs has also been easy and great using this software.

Pros

The product is easy to use and has multi purpose features for customizing your needs. I love the hour to minute time tracking as other apps I've used has decimals to minutes that confuse my staff. Additionally I love that you are able to add pictures along with clock in/out, helps greatly with tracking and record keeping.

Cons

There is nothing I don't like about this software, its amazing!

Paycor

Reasons for Choosing ClockShark

I was unable to customize the use of ximble with my company's needs and they do not have the option of hour to minute time tracking which was causing issues with my staff and understanding.

Paycor

Reasons for Switching to ClockShark

It had easier use, better features, better customize options and a better price.

Response from ClockShark

Hi Jessica,

Thanks for the 5/5 star review! So glad to hear that you are enjoying the many features that ClockShark has to offer, such as the GPSTrak Feature. Feel free to reach out to us anytime at 800-828-0689 or by emailing [email protected]! We're always here to help and love talking with customers and hearing feature requests.

Randall

Weekly Payroll Simplified!!!

Reviewed on 01/04/2020

ClockShark has saved our company $1000's of dollars due to the GPS and Geo Fencing feature. No more milking the clock.

Pros

Ease of use.
Being able to add tasks for certain jobs instead of creating a new job for the same property.
PTO Feature is really nice, eliminates endless paperwork and phone calls.
Accountability, keeps the employees on task.

Cons

Would be nice to have a real time ping feature rather than a 15 minute update.

ezClocker

Reasons for Switching to ClockShark

Price, Features, usability and customer service is TOP NOTCH.

Response from ClockShark

Hello Randall,

Thank you for your 5/5 star review. Glad to hear that you are enjoying the many features that ClockShark has to offer, such as the PTO feature. Feel free to reach out to us anytime at 800-828-0689 or by emailing [email protected]! We're always here to help and love talking with customers and hearing feature requests.

David

easy peasy

Reviewed on 28/10/2021

Pros

clockshark is by far the easies to set up and use. my employees had no trouble transfering from another software that we were using to clocksharks, it was MUCH easier and user friendly. I love the software and it really has made life easier keeping track of my 30+ employees. I give it a 10 out of 10

Cons

off hand i cant think of any..... i would have to ask my accountant, i do know there is a couple of minor things that i would like to see but my memory fails me right now

Nick

Residential Home Builder / Remodeler

Reviewed on 14/12/2022

Very satisfied with Clock Shark

Very satisfied with Clock Shark

Pros

We choose Clock Shark because of the GPS tracking; employees don't get paid if not on the clock and if they are on the clock we can tell exactly where they are and where they went.

Cons

It's a bit glitchy on cheap phones. Often signs your employees out if they leave the geo-fence without switching to a task that allows them to leave the project.

Dawn

Happy customer for 4 years

Reviewed on 08/06/2023

Excellent customer service and the product runs seamlessly the majority of the time.

Pros

The time management is what we like most about ClockShark and the GPS Track. Excellent way to manage employees at multiple locations.

Cons

The PTO feature is good but a bit hard to modify but it does an excellent job banking PTO earned if you live in a State that legislates PTO programs.

Reasons for Switching to ClockShark

ClockShark had the features we needed and very user friendly to employees that are not in favor of electronics.
Robert

Nice

Reviewed on 09/06/2023

Pros

Time tracking and Goe fencing. Nice features

Cons

Converting hours to invoice. Also converting quotes to invoice via mobile devices

Reasons for Choosing ClockShark

Streets would not work at times

Reasons for Switching to ClockShark

Too complicated for my guys in the field and we're just starting their mobile clocking.

Response from ClockShark

Hi, Robert! Thank you for the review. We'd like to learn more about what issues you're experiencing when using our quotes and invoice feature. Our customer support team may be able to help! Please contact them at [email protected].

Mario

Glad we switched!

Reviewed on 28/02/2023

We needed to switch to another timekeeping company all of a sudden, and I'm glad we chose ClockShark! The clocking in and our process is more direct and streamlined, our employees have started commenting they prefer this to our last product! The staff are great and were incredibly friendly and helpful- [sensitive content hidden] walked me every step of the way, [sensitive content hidden] on the online chat was informative in answering my questions. I look forward to working with our new account manager [sensitive content hidden]!

Pros

Super user-friendly, easy set up, very affordable!! Staff were all helpful and friendly!

Cons

None that I can think of, been very happy with my decision to switch to ClockShark!

Workyard

Reasons for Choosing ClockShark

Pricing, the limited options in their payment plans and the lack of response from our account manager at a critical time were factors in deciding to switch.

Reasons for Switching to ClockShark

Quick response and friendly service
Jem Carlo
  • Industry: Banking

ClockShark Review from FSMDB

Reviewed on 29/06/2022

We are still on process of the wire transfer.

We are still on process of the wire transfer.

Pros

It is user-friendly. What caught my eye is the Kiosk.

Cons

It is very expensive which cost the delay for the approval.

OnTheClock.com , Buddy Punch and Connecteam

Reasons for Choosing ClockShark

• Adjustments – In every pay period, there would be at least three or more-time adjustments especially for those staff forgetting to time in or out. This event caused too many miscalculations of hours and eventually lead to inaccurate summary report. The system does not have the option to edit the time for the adjustments. HR will have to seek IT for assistance by accessing the backend of the system and deleting the inaccurate time. This is not advisable as it can lead to disruption of the entire system due to access of the backend. • Leaves – In order to record leaves, HR will have to manually input the month, day, year, second, minute and hour of each employee twice from the starting date of the leave (FROM) and to the ending date of the leave (TO).

Reasons for Switching to ClockShark

We had a good marketing specialist who provided everything we needed to know.
Stormy
  • Industry: Building Materials

Perfect for dispatching!

Reviewed on 21/11/2021

We are a small plumbing business and didn’t want to spend the high prices for features we don’t need or wouldn’t use with other companies geared towards the plumbing industry for dispatching.

Pros

This makes dispatching my plumbers to any location super easy, and they like being able to see their schedule for the day so that they can stock their trucks with what they need for each job.

Cons

That scheduling has to be done online and not on the app.

ServiceTitan and Service Fusion

Tommie
  • Industry: Consumer Services

Clock Shark - Great Functionality and Awesome Customer Support

Reviewed on 23/05/2022

It has been GREAT. A sales rep communicated with me even though I was doing my research over the Christmas holidays. They have been a great support from the day we signed on.

Pros

Clock Shark's best feature is the staff. They have fast response times. They're people are always courteous, helpful, supportive, and pro-active. During the 5 months we have been using the program, someone from their staff will reach out through IM or email just to check in. I also love the "chat" feature to get quick responses without having to be on hold waiting to speak to someone.
They have also asked for feedback on the product specifically around features we would like to see added. Unfortunately, I haven't had the time to give that feedback.

Cons

Reports - I would like to have to option to customize fields in certain reports such as time tracking.
Geolocation - Although I don't see it as often, I still see on occasion where a staff member's location wasn't logged. If it is because they turned off their location, I want to either be notified or have them logged out. It doesn't always happen.
Timesheet entries (real time) - I would like to be able to enter a time sheet and check it as still working so the employee can then go in and clock out for lunch and end of day. It would help eliminate a follow up to get the time activity for the whole day.

Carla

Overview

Reviewed on 08/06/2023

CS is a good system aside from the above comments. It has tools that other online/mobile timekeeping systems do not. At the same time, the GPS issues do not provide a trustworthy method of tracking of employees during work shifts. Rather hard to hold them accountable for certain situations when the system itself has errors and glitches.

Pros

The ability to track and schedule paid time off is a plus for this system. Most others in this arena have not implemented or developed this within their systems. Also the ability to track employees during their work shifts.

Cons

Although the GPS tracking allows for tracking employees during work shifts, the system has many glitches and inconsistencies such as showing someone leave the country and return within an hour. Or reflecting their position as in the middle of the woods or a nearby lake. In the area of "Time Off Requests", the filtering system used on the dashboard and timesheet screens should be implemented to avoid having to go through pages of prior authorized requests that include former employees that have been deactivated.

Response from ClockShark

Hi, Carla! Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. The GPS issues you're describing are often due to an issue within the device being used. Our customer support team can help resolve that. Please contact them at [email protected]. Additionally, we do offer several filter options in order to better sort through the Time Off Requests. Our customer support team can help with this too!

Angela
  • Industry: Oil & Energy

ClockShark = Time Saved

Reviewed on 12/05/2021

Because ClockShark handles all aspects of time sheets and PTO requests, I have gained hours of productivity on the job. Employees can see their own information, such as PTO used, how many hours they still have available, how much time they've clocked for the week, etc. It gives them the power to look at their personal data to answer any questions they may have about time worked or taken. Managers can approve time sheets and PTO requests much more quickly and efficiently, allowing them to move on to other tasks.

Aside from all the wonderful time-saving features of ClockShark...my favorite part is the incredible customer service. Every question is answered quickly, pleasantly, professionally, and correctly. Other businesses would do well to model their customer service after ClockShark's!

Pros

We use the time sheets, time off, and gps tracking features the most. Since implementing ClockShark, the tedious gathering, examining, and approving of time sheets has gone the way of the dinosaur. Clock in and Clock out mistakes can be corrected easily, and all employees can use the mobile app or computer to access the software. PTO requests have also been simplified and are easy to track since using ClockShark. This software has truly shaved days off of the administrative time and effort normally used when handling time sheets and PTO requests for payroll. The gps tracking feature is great when you have an employee out in the field who has mechanical issues...he/she can be easily tracked to quickly receive any help needed.

Cons

We have a few employees not comfortable with technology and it has taken some time to get them comfortable in using the software. There have also been times when an employee clocks in or out on their mobile app and it doesn't sync with the program. Most of the time this happens in locations with poor cell or internet service. It is easily fixed when this occurs.

David
  • Industry: Legal Services

I have tried several different time trackers since I opened my business and this is the best.

Reviewed on 03/10/2017

The ability to easily track employee hours. They can add notes and even attachments when using the app. The software works with Quickbooks and makes it easy to export time sheets directly into Quickbooks.

Pros

I like the ability to designate which jobs different employees can access. The software has gotten better over time and the owner/developer is very responsive and obviously cares about the quality of their product. They continually ask what users want to see added and have instituted changes I (and many others) asked for. Employees are reminding to clock in and out when they hit designated geofences. I use this for my office staff as well as my investigators who work in the field.

Cons

I really don't have any issues with this software. Maybe the ability for the software to text message reminders as well as send push notifications would be nice.

Response from ClockShark

Hey, David. Thanks for sharing your review of ClockShark here on Capterra. It's the perfect forum for sharing what you'd like to see added to the product, and we love your feedback. The suggestion to have a text message reminder is one we get frequently, so I'll add your support to that idea in our Voting Page so it can get more traction.

I love to hear that the GPS Fences are reminding employees to clock in and out from the field, and that you've noticed all the many improvements we're continually making to get ClockShark even better for you. We appreciate your letting us support your company. If you ever need anything, please let us know. All the best, David! -Morgan-

Kayla
  • Industry: Automotive

ClockShark in the Workplace

Reviewed on 24/02/2021

Clock shark is very easy for companies who are more geared towards using electronics. My company uses iPads for everything so clocking in on your phone every day just makes sense.

Pros

Using ClockShark is incredibly easy. I love that our employees can edit their own time if they have forgotten to clock out. It’s also incredibly helpful that you can leave notes for each clock in. In my industry where I have technicians riding in different vehicles daily, the notes feature really helps me track my guys and know where they are for the day. I would definitely recommend to others.

Cons

I wish selecting a task when you clock in was auto saved.

Response from ClockShark

Hi Kayla! Thank you so much for the five star review! We're happy to hear that you and your employees love ClockShark. Thank you for your feedback! The tasks are not neccesarily autosaved but it should display the most recently used jobs/task at the very top so its fast to select! You can adjust your mobile settings to enable more recently used jobs if you'd like, by going to the left pop out menu > settings > listing sort & recent items > then adjust the recent items amount. If you're envisioning the auto-save to work a little differently we welcome your suggestion and you can reach out to [email protected] to relay your idea directly to an engineer!

Melanie

One of the best business management tools we have

Reviewed on 27/06/2017

Pros

Easily track employee time, create time reports by employee or job. No more need to text an employee an address - it's on a Clockshark. No more unreadable or late time sheets. Time is tracked not only by job and location, but by task. This has enabled us to have more accurate billing on time and material jobs. We are also able run reports that show time for different activities, which helps with insurance reports. At any time of the day I can logon from my desk top and see a map of where our employees are working, and what time they clocked in. Clockshark is constantly updating features, adding to the value of the software.

Cons

Sometimes there are issues with clocking in or out when employees are out of cell service. Most of the time, though, they are able to update their time once they are back in service. It would be nice to have OT hours in a separate line item on job reports. One of the best things about Clockshark is the customer service. Think of your very worst customer service experience with other software (Quickbooks, for example) and then imagine the polar opposite -- that's Clockshark. Every so often there are user suggestions that we are able to vote on, and Clockshark has implemented many of these since we began using the software.