Hostaway

Vacation rental software for property management companies

4.6 /5 (130 reviews) Write a Review!

Mark C.

Great Service

Reviewed on 28/02/2017

Easy to sync calendars, accurate and very friendly service. Although I am not using it to its fullest potential I do feel that this service could be a great addition to our business.

Response from Hostaway

Dear Mark, thank you so much for your kind words. We always strive to help our customers grow their business, using the latest technology paired with excellent support.

Rebecca T.

Lots of complication for no benefit

Reviewed on 17/02/2017

Far from the promise of streamlining bookings and management, hostaway has only added another layer of complication. I've been plagued with incorrect emails from hostaway informing me that guests have cancelled (when they have not) and the booking confirmation emails often arrive several hours late and add nothing to the booking confirmed emails already being received from other platforms. I can't see any benefit to using hostaway at all, unless you're seeking a source of headaches.

Pros

Na

Cons

The fact that it doesn't work, creates problems and provides no benefit.

Rienk D.
  • Industry: Recreational Facilities & Services

Good software saves time and brings in money

Reviewed on 02/02/2021

Great easy to use.

Pros

The channel manager is great and lots of API possibilities

Cons

none everything works fine or is serviced if needed.

Paul V.

Hostaway Vacation Rental Software

Reviewed on 25/05/2021

So far, so good. Looking forward to continued live trainings

Pros

Easy to use and a great on boarding process

Cons

Over whelming at first but with the onboarding walk though, it became easy to navigate

Christopher S.

[SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] has been Wonderful!

Reviewed on 22/06/2021

Working with [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] has been a pleasure. He is very knowledgeable and has made the onboarding process a breeze.

Pros

Interface is nice. Channel manager seems robust.

Cons

Inability to link calendars between child listings.

Christina S.

Feedback

Reviewed on 20/05/2021

Great overview , easy to use .

Pros

Nice overview when we use multiply platforms

Cons

It synchronize slow from the platforms to Host Away

Lara C.

Hostaway Onboarding

Reviewed on 29/07/2021

Overall our experience so far has been excellent.

Pros

The onboarding process delivered by [SENSITIVE CONTENT] has been excellent, the training is easy to follow and our questions are heard and answered.

Cons

I am really happy so far and have no issues

Kalyn H.
  • Used Weekly for Free Trial

Good first impressions

Reviewed on 13/07/2017

Pros

I was checking out host away to manage some vacation rental postings on multiple platforms. Hostaway streamlines the rental system by combining bookings from several medias. The interface is easy to use and doesn't overwhelm you with a lot of options!

Cons

I have not contacted customer service yet, so I can't comment on the service communication however, it does seem like they've had an influx of customers resulting in a slightly less personal experience.

Response from Hostaway

Dear Kalyn, back in 2017 we did indeed have a lot of new recruits and massive growth, but we hope you can agree that our customer support has improved dramatically since then! Thank you very much for your review.

Allan L.

Best Software Option for Growing Vacation Property Managers

Reviewed on 23/07/2021

Customer support has been outstanding. Each and every time we've needed questions answered, which has not been very often, we were able to promptly get the information from a knowledgeable and friendly Hostaway team member.

Pros

We needed a platform that would scale with our anticipated growth. It needed to be affordable from day one, but not be deficient in the professional property management features our clients were expecting.

Cons

We honestly have no complaints or dislikes. Hostaway offers us the ability to run a small but growing property management firm and we can stay with them throughout the journey.

Christos S.

Happy Customer

Reviewed on 01/11/2020

What you see is what you get and they are still improving it!

Pros

After changing 3 PMS's we finally find a PMS that much our needs and it comes at an affordable price.

Cons

Easy to use, a very nice calendar, good reporting.

Manuel K.
  • Industry: Leisure, Travel & Tourism

Great software for Vacation rental management

Reviewed on 08/02/2021

Pros

Its quality-price ratio, easy to use plataform and great support service.

Cons

It can do way better on messager platform and on direct booking engine.

Paul S.

Hostaway Review

Reviewed on 19/02/2021

Small company feel.

Pros

Easy to use. Easy to set up. All in one solution. Guest Portal. Commission free website.

Cons

Integration with some OTA's where difficult but this was not Hostaway's fault.

Josh P.

Great customer support with people that want to see you succeed

Reviewed on 26/04/2021

Great people that value you as a customer.

Pros

Great integrations, with clear step by step details on set up.
Excellent automation features, phone app is great for tasks.
Overall does much that other PMS are offering at a better price.
The customer support is excellent and they are constantly updating and improving.
As you grow in number of listings the pricing becomes one of the best in the industry

Cons

Would be great to add maintenence costs to the financial analytics and automate monthly reports.

Response from Hostaway

Dear Josh, thank you so much for your review. We're happy to tell you that the maintenance costs are now included in the owner statements - please reach out to support to get it activated for you!

Cat A.
  • Industry: Leisure, Travel & Tourism

My first and best choice

Reviewed on 21/04/2021

Veru efficient , and people are easy to talk too

Pros

It is fast efficient and imporoving daily !

Cons

Well seems that they know what they are doing

Zalman S.

Top Notch Product!

Reviewed on 10/02/2021

Pros

- Excellent product with all the necessary features
- Fabulous customer support
- Constantly improving the product

Cons

There is some room for improvement, however as mentioned, the Hostaway team are excellent at responding to any suggestions or concerns and are constantly working to add features and improve the product.

Brian M.

Hostaway review

Reviewed on 15/04/2021

Pros

Great PMS software for booking diary management across 5 platforms, scheduling cleaning tasks, financial reporting and messaging. Clear user interface. Great support via live chat. All at a very competitive price. Great onboarding.

Cons

None really. The onboarding process was smooth, it did not take too long to learn the software and it makes running our business much easier.

Christopher D.
  • Industry: Hospitality

HostAway is making my business SO much easier

Reviewed on 18/03/2021

I'd rate my experience to date as a 10 out of 10

Pros

Support for getting started has been abundant and thorough
The product itself is intuitive, user friendly
Hostaway's pricing/business model fits perfectly with my type of vacation rental business

Cons

Not so far, really. It could have a few more features, which i understand are in the works.

Seth C.

Went from Hostfully to Hostaway

Reviewed on 10/06/2021

I went from Hostfully to Hostaway and haven't looked back. Hostaway is a little bit pricier but very satisfied thus far. Hostfully does offer a ton of integrations but I don't see our company using any of them.

Pros

UI is great, customer support is top notch, prebuilt website is also pretty decent right out of the box. In the short time I've been using their platform, they've done several big updates

Cons

I wish the wordpress api had a few more features but that is on the road map and

Rebecca S.

Hostaway, yet another amazing booking software.

Reviewed on 10/05/2018

Pros

The customer service for Host away is exceptional. Whenever there is a problem or there is an issue setting up the interface, Host away staff is there 24/7 to help with any questions. The ease of use, functionality, and appearance of the product is also great.

Cons

The payment process has been a bit clunky at times, but that may have just been our server. Other than that and sometimes being slow, this has been a very helpful product!

Jochem B.

Respons / Have a nice stay

Reviewed on 19/12/2019

I am very happy with the help I have received [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN], they have all helped me very pleasantly, i'm happy about that.

Pros

1 agenda , multiple bookingsites, template messaging

Cons

it does not recognize languages, i working and answering in 3 languages , you can't schedule a template per property per language.

Response from Hostaway

Dear Jochem, thank you so much for your kind words about our support. I will share your feedback with the team. We are working on improving support for multiple languages, stay tuned for an update!

Melissa D.
  • Industry: Hospitality

Excellent customer service, efficient and intuitive Software

Reviewed on 20/12/2020

Very god experience so far. Our onboarding manager, [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN], has been incredibly helpful and we are very happy about her customer service. Her team is great as well.

Pros

- No double booking possible, very good, almost instant syncronisation with the channels we use.
- From the reservation page we can click on the Airbnb/Vrbo/Booking.com icon to go directly to the reservation on the channel
- Financial reporting is very easy to use and we can build it our way, very easy to export and extract our numbers
- Excellent customer support - dedicated staff, answer quickly, open to our comments and suggestions
- Expending quickly and implementing new features every month, which is great
- Good pricing for the service provided

Cons

- A few bugs that are sometimes affecting the Revenue
- Customer support based in Europe, so it is sometimes challenging to get an answer right away due to time difference and because it is not a 24 hours support

Gary F.
  • Industry: Hospitality

The team makes the product

Reviewed on 20/04/2020

Pros

After trying many alternative solutions on the market, we finally found Hostaway. While not perfect, it outperformers their rivals and offers a far more cost effective solution.

The best bit however, is the people behind the product. Whenever we encountered a challenge or an issue, the Hostaway team worked to solve it rapidly. What impressed me most was that during the Covid-19 issue, the [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] was on the phone, helping customers. That says it all really.

Would recommend.

Cons

Would have liked easier setup process as it required changing of all logins.

Jamie L.

Exceptional Support - Software is still young but off to a great start

Reviewed on 26/01/2021

I like this company, their culture, and their obvious commitment to the client. The software is very intuitive, user-friendly, and has a fantastic design. Lastly, their customer support is exceptional. They are obviously committed to working with the client and making sure their end users are happy.

Pros

I appreciate the simplicity and user-friendliness of Hostaway. The display is appealing to the eyes and the menus are intuitive.
Additionally, the customer support team accessibility is hugely beneficial. I can get quick answers to my questions - they are very responsive. The value of that is beyond measure for a property manager or someone who has a demanding schedule.

Cons

The software could offer more templates and automation as it relates to booking and task management. There are a number of processes that take place due to different scenarios as it relates to guests, their needs, and changes in reservations. My experience thus far with Hostaway is that they are actively improving their product which is very nice.

Jack M.

Sophisticated Channel Manager

Reviewed on 17/11/2020

Overall, this has been a good experience. I signed up with them a year ago and periodically I do a review of the competition and new entrants to see if they stack up and so far, this is the best solution for us.

Pros

It does a lot of really great things that suit my business model perfectly. It is the best software system I could find for our budget and requirements.

My personal favourite is the webhooks and open API that I can use to build my own functions on top of.

Cons

It really needs the functionality to be able to automate the security deposit for guests. That is my one problem. I would have said the financails could be improved but they just released a major update to this and it looks great.

Finally, I'd like to see some custom reports for business metrics. I currently have to download to a .csv and manually figure things out. The overview dashboard does have a decent set of metrics, but I want to see them over time.

Kim O.

Top notch customer service

Reviewed on 18/11/2020

Pros

We found Hostaway to be the perfect option for our property management side of the business. [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] went above and beyond meeting with us to get us started and through the first few months of operation. Now we deal primarily with the customer service via the app, and they get back to us immediately. They will either fix the issue we're having or we dialogue and troubleshoot to fix. They are constantly working to streamline the program for property managers in terms of calendar updates, updating listings etc. We host between 20-30 properties and they've been great to work with. Highly recommend.

Cons

Sometimes the updates are glitchy, but customer service immediately attends to the issue. It's a newer software and very inexpensive compared to its competitors so minors issues are is to be expected, but they troubleshoot and update constantly.