Tresorit

End-to-end encrypted file sync and sharing

4.8 /5 (85 reviews) Write a Review!

Christian Z.
  • Industry: Accounting

Fully content with this product

Reviewed on 24/02/2021

Very good. Have been using it on 2 workplaces, since we have 2 offices. As well from a laptop.

Pros

The most important part was, that it is encrypted on the way to the server as well as on the server itself, which is the only way to maintain security. That way even the server owner can not access the content. Being an accounting firm with detailed information about our customers we needed a safe and secure storage place.
As we have 2 offices, I can use the data from the TRESORIT as a cloud on both maschines. As well when I am in my holidays I can access date on my laptop over the cloud.
Additinally it gives me the security, that if any of my computers are bogged, broken, hacked or whatever, I always have the data available. It is a backup of all my important files.

Cons

When you access a file on another computer, then the one where your original data is stored on, there is always a little delay for the files to open.

Paul H.

If the cap fits, wear it!

Reviewed on 02/07/2021

I need a fool-proof and secure backup system that requires as little intervention from me as possible and it's useful to be able to access certain files on different devices for use in different contexts as I normally go to visit my clients in situ, rather than having them come to me. Tresorit functions smoothly and reliably on different operating systems and platforms in a consistent and familiar way.

Pros

It provides a straightforward, easy-to-use, backup system for my critical data and also helps to keep all my devices synchronised so that I can work on the same document in more than one context or location.

Cons

It is relatively expensive if you are simply looking for a basic means of backing up files or transferring files between different devices. If you genuinely need more, this is well worth paying for.

Steven R.

Tresorit, great product

Reviewed on 26/06/2021

Perfect

Pros

It just works, easy to deploy, works seamlessly in the background, great to be able to use software made in Europe

Cons

There was nothing not to like, everything worked

Jonathan I.
  • Industry: Architecture & Planning

Tresorit is in a league of its own.

Reviewed on 08/05/2021

Pros

Easy and powerful. Very secure. Search works. Can store anything I want. No weird one photo at a time like drop box. Super easy to share and control sharing unlike Gdrive.

Cons

I honestly can’t think of anything I don’t like about tresorit. I’ve been waiting for this solution for over a decade. They nailed it.

Response from Tresorit

Dear Jonathan,

Thank you for your kind review!
If you have any improvement ideas or feedback in the future, please don't hesitate to share them with us at [email protected]

Take care and have a nice day!

Fran V.
  • Industry: Computer & Network Security

Overall good service!

Reviewed on 11/06/2019

Pros

Since it features client-side end-to-end encryption, it offers a more private experience than that of Dropbox, Google, Amazon, Apple & co. User experience is also good.

Cons

Chatted with their support team, and they didn't seem incredibly friendly nor knowledgeable. Additionally, Tresorit doesn't feature file distribution like Internxt's X Cloud do.

Fabian S.
  • Used Daily for Free Trial

Reviewed on 20/07/2017

Petr P.
  • Industry: Food & Beverages

Best secure cloud solution!

Reviewed on 31/12/2020

Pros

Sync speed.
User friendly interface!
End-to-end encrypted & zero-knowledge content collaboration!

Cons

I'm missing the sync progress in the app icon.

Norbert P.

Perfect for secure data storage

Reviewed on 09/01/2019

Pros

reliable and highly available service for cloud storage

Cons

The price structure is on the expensive side.

Dimiter D.
  • Industry: Law Practice

Tresorit is one of the the best

Reviewed on 03/07/2021

Pros

Good encryption and security, mobile app and search feature in it

Cons

The integration could be improved, the other features are ok.

Francois B.

Definitively the best I could find

Reviewed on 14/01/2021

Pros

Securely sotore my documents AND able to get them anywhere easily

Cons

Personal subscription a bit short in terms of alowed devices for two persons.

Edward L.

Edward L.

Reviewed on 07/07/2021

Pros

Works fine on my Linux computers.
Easy to use.

Cons

Can't find if there an update for the Linux app or never receive a message when there is.
I now have version 3.5.906.1900.
I wish there is also a version for the Raspberry Pi 4 with Raspberry Pi OS, the Linux app
doesn't work on this computer.

Dominique S.

Secure Cloud storage

Reviewed on 07/06/2021

Pros

Using it to store important documents in a secure way and be able to access it any time any place plus sometimes sharing some document does well the job. The aspect secure is important to me

Cons

For the basic usage I'm having, I haven't found any cons

One of the best business alternatives to dropbox

Reviewed on 14/06/2021

A couple of years ago we searched a secure alternative to Dropbox.

We found Wuala.

With the discontinuation of Wuala, we migrated to Tresorit.

Pros

Easy to use as a Dropbox.

Easy to share project folders in teams.

Secure data storage and sync.

Cons

We were missing a backup and recovery system à la glacier.

Patrick K.
  • Industry: Management Consulting

Tresorit

Reviewed on 05/05/2021

Sharing / save documents and other files in nearly realtime

Pros

Easy use for backup / sharing files at high security.

Cons

I miss shared Tresors with others without tresorit. There was a better way in wuala.

Tushar S.

Tresorit - Rock Solid Secure Storage

Reviewed on 15/06/2021

Tresorit fits in neatly with our Secure Storage needs.

Its just what we were looking for

Pros

High level of security snd dependability

Easy to implement

Integrates perfectly with our security needs

Cons

What frustrates me is my inability to utilise features which i value on account of cost

Christian P.
  • Industry: Environmental Services

A lamba user

Reviewed on 05/05/2021

Pros

Mainly the automatic backup. Also the fcility to be sure that my data are in a safe place.

Cons

I'm not shure that in case of a coding or a destroying of my files resulting of a computer attack would not be immediately converted into coded or destroyed files in your computer with as result that it would be impossible to recover my data from Tresorit.

Tóbiás F.

The most secure and easy-to-use storage service so far

Reviewed on 14/03/2018

Pros

For years, I have used Dropbox, but then I read some articles about its privacy and got frightened. I was happy to change this solution, where your data is in safe, thanks to the zero-knowledge storage. By now, the app has a fully equipped interface with great features like Dropbox has (share a library/file; file history; great mobil app for Android).

Cons

I really do not miss anything. The most wanted function was the file history (so you cannot delete a file without a chance getting it back), but it has been delivered this year.

Samuel L.

Private usage: Fantastic, feature-packed secure cloud storage

Reviewed on 28/06/2021

Pros

As a private user, my #1 requirement was secure storage accessible from multiple devices and operating systems, which Tresorit implements excellently (Including Linux!). It is one of the only providers with file history, thus making the product excellent not only as storage, but as a backup option as well. The customer service reacts quickly and provides helpful answers. I fully recommend Tresorit.

Cons

Tresorit offfers significantly less space than competitors for the same amount of money. This is unfortunate, but still on the "ok" side of things. However, I'm really missing the following features:
- Allow other users to edit shared files without a Tresorit account
- Lifetime subscriptions
- Fully integrate the Android app with Android's filesystem

Jens M.
  • Industry: Design

best ever

Reviewed on 26/06/2021

Pros

easy to use, high security, good support

Cons

no feature that I am missing, everything is perfekt

Molly J.
  • Industry: Law Practice

Tresorit offers security and speed, all in a user friendly package.

Reviewed on 12/05/2017

Pros

Security and privacy is a must in my business and Tresorit are serious about both security and privacy, so much so, that only I know my login details. And I love the way that any changes, subtractions, and additions to my Tresors is immediately reflected. Tresorit is always improving. When you think there is nothing more they can do to better their cloud, they come up with something else. They are modern, forward thinking, and offer much more than even the most well-known cloud service. Last, but far from least, if you contact Tresorit, you don't have to wait around for days for them to get back to you. Great cloud.

Bain M.

IMO Tresorit is the superior secure, cloud storage service that I have used.

Reviewed on 25/06/2017

Mist significant benefit is the knowledge that our data is securely stored in the cloud. Complete end-to-end implementation of data encryption.

Pros

I carefully researched and indeed used other cloud storage services only to find them all truly lacking in the most critical area; Tresorits complete integration of solid secure storage is superior.
My group of businesses depend on Tresorit's end-to-end encryption to securely collaborate amidst my team's. We are transferring sensitive, critical data that I was never completely comfortable doing using other services.
Tresorits web site and apps make using their service a breeze to I repeated into our workflows and having access on the go is brilliant.
"Tresor" has become a commonly used verb now for our group of software engineers, financial and business team and management.

Zsolt K.

Apache vs tresorit sync folders

Reviewed on 30/12/2020

I am able to manage my work on multiple computers / devices and continuously / seamlessly work on different devices without worrying about files being updated to the latest version

Pros

I can put my apache localhost folder inside the folders that tresorit syncronises and be able to use php+mysql while tresorit is running (can't do it with onedrive)

Cons

mobile application could be little bit faster / more user friendly

Martin P.
  • Industry: Biotechnology

Tresorit Linux and Windows

Reviewed on 29/04/2021

Backing up my documents and sharing them amongst my different computer and sharing with a small team

Pros

I moved from dropbox because of end-to-end encryption so the end-to-end encryption is what I liked most. Having said that, the application interface is really easy to use and so is the web-based interface. Also, I needed to have something which works on linux since half my computers run linux.

Cons

The ability to be able to collaboratively edit microsoft word documents is a weakness.

Response from Tresorit

Dear Martin,

Thank you for your kind words!
Unfortunately, due to the encryption system, we'll most likely not be able to release collaborative editing in the near future.
If you have any further feedback or feature requests, please send us a message to [email protected]

Take care and have a nice day!

Regards,

Joseph Q.

User friendliness & security combined

Reviewed on 15/04/2021

It's the best solution I've seen so far to encryption.

Pros

I can keep secure backup of all my files, access them as needed from whatever device I want, and share them via a variety of methods where I control and monitor who accesses what.

Cons

It's a little pricy (though I do think it's worth the cost).

Response from Tresorit

Thank you for your kind words Joseph, we always strive to provide the best experience.
If you have any further insights or feature recommendations, please send us an email to [email protected]

Have a great day!

Shane T.

You Get What You Pay For… The Best Secure Storage

Reviewed on 24/06/2021

Overall it’s a 9.5/10. The 0.5 is for the issues I mentioned in the Cons but overall everything else is just so good I’ll be a customer for the foreseeable future if they can work on those issues, it would easily be a 10. They are absolutely the best secure cloud storage option available and 2nd place isn’t even anywhere close. In fact, perhaps laps behind.

Pros

Literally everything. After many years of using it, I can honestly say that everything about it is great. Any time I notice anything bothering me, they usually fix or add a new feature for it within the year. You can tell the staff is urgently updating and maintaining this software. There are flaws, but they’re so minor, I barely notice it in daily use. And I use it 10-15 times a day.

Cons

I also use it to store photos and videos, not just professionally. Sometimes when I am uploading photos and videos, it’ll glitch and duplicate, or freeze, or have issues finishing it and be stuck in an upload. When you close out, sometimes when you open it just resumes. Other times, it stopped and only some have uploaded. Then I have to delete what is uploaded and retry so I don’t have duplicates. I think the upload process could be much better.

Also, on PC it works like optimal storages where I can open, edit, and if resumes syncing. However, on Mac, I don’t know if it’s an issue for me or for everyone, but after years and troubleshooting, it simply doesn’t sync or act like a drive in the computer itself. Therefore, to make edits, I have to download, edit, save, and upload again. This is a huge waste of time and I specifically only use my PC because of it. This support as an addition would be phenomenal, and is overdue.