GanttPRO

Online Gantt chart software for project management

4.7/5
4.7/5
4.8/5
4.8/5

Ivan

Great managment software

Reviewed on 20/03/2020

Best time managment tool I have used and I have been very satisfied with it.

Pros

GanttPRO is great project managment tool and looks very nice. It has fresh and innovative design. User can select working hours and working days which I found lacking in many similiar softwares. It is very easy to use and very intuitive. Also, I liked drag and drop functionalities, the integrated dependencies and progress tracking. Charts are very customizable. Overall I really like the software. You can do a wide range of things with it and it makes it very easy to communicate with members in the team.

Cons

Nothing in particular. Everything I have used is at least as good as my previous products.

Response from GanttPRO

Ivan, glad to see that you're satisfied with our application. Thanks for the feedback!

Allan
  • Industry: Publishing

Tested over 15 Gantt/Project Management apps and GanttPro really tops them all!

Reviewed on 07/05/2020

Sign in and, go! That was my personal experience the minute I started using this app. The application is very intuitive, but I am a technical person, the real test was when I brought the rest of the team and managers to the platform. The team felt comfortable on the application and there was not much training we had to provide. If you are used to excel and to-do list you already know how to use this application.

Pros

Here are my pros, I have been using this software for a couple of months now. The app is quick to learn. You have actual printing formats; say you need to print a project map on tabloid or legal, the application outputs the right size for printing files formats. Drag and drop of tasks feels firm. Subtask numbering is a godsend. Modern look and feel. Ability to add resources like people, materials, etc.! Column view format for tasks. Is all there! GanttPro really replaces Microsoft Projects, and Gantt features on any popular project management app out there like Asana, Trello, and various others.

Cons

Reporting needs some work. I would love to see more reports like, executive status report of project/s, dashboard-like reports for team meetings, birds-eye view, burn-down, burn-up, charts and other metrics for the project/s, and just more reports in general.

Trello, Microsoft Project, monday.com, ClickUp, Wrike and Asana

Reasons for Choosing GanttPRO

The product felt stable and fully featured.

Asana

Reasons for Switching to GanttPRO

I think I tested almost all the products that I found on Google and other sites like Capterra that had a built-in Gantt feature. That was about 15+ over a period of a year. GanttPRO really tops them all thus far.
Madison

If I could give 0 for customer service I would

Reviewed on 19/06/2017

Cons

Customer Service is an absolute joke. I've tried 5 times to upgrade my subscription to Pro with multiple payment failures (despite the money being deducted from my cards), NO communications that they've failed until I follow up myself and money NOT RETURNED . I've sent multiple emails to your support email with absolutely no help or updates. NO FORM of contact to confirm the money has come back or the account has been upgraded.

Response from XB Software

Dear Madison, we are extremely sorry that you've faced troubles while trying to pay for the PRO version. But we are happy that your problem was successfully solved within 1 day.
How do you find our online Gantt chart software?

German

Intuitive Gantt Chart

Reviewed on 12/11/2022

Overall, it's full of tools but very intuitive and easy to use, giving the right and necessary information for projects.

Pros

I wanted to avoid admitting that GanttPRO was good. I was using other Gantt software programs that I liked, but the more I work on GanttPRO the more I liked it. Furthermore, I am considering to move all my workflow to GanttPRO now. It is very flexible adding tasks, list and automatically generate the Gantt chart. Very intuitive task manager and with the right information needed to accomplish goals.

Cons

Cons: It has no desktop software and only works online in the browser. If that is not a problem for you, I will still highly recommend GanttPRO.

Alexandr

Impressions after migration to GanttPro

Reviewed on 20/02/2020

Pros

First of all, I was impressed, that it has intuitive interface and I could start work without additional help. Second, After creation of tasks, I can easy see it on timeline. Before we used Trello, and developers track time inside the card. But here it was a bonus, that I can fill in the cost of hour for every team member and see not only the time, but all cost of task and project at all. I don't need to calculate it manual.

Cons

Sometimes after changing any parameters in the task it didn't save. But it was on start, now I know, how to do it correct.

Jira and Trello

Reasons for Choosing GanttPRO

Wider functionality to manage development and count costs and salaries

Trello

Reasons for Switching to GanttPRO

Jira was for me very complicated, Trello was good, but it don't has calculations of costs, it really saves a lot of time and clear for all Team members

Response from GanttPRO

Alexandr, thank you for the positive review. If you will have any questions, feel free to contact GanttPRO support center.

Louis
  • Used Daily for Free Trial

One of the easiest and useful online project management tool on the market

Reviewed on 10/12/2019

I am able to track timeline creeping using the baseline feature on GanttPRO which I find it extremely useful to update team members and stakeholders to explain the deviations.

Pros

The interface of GanttPRO software is easy to use and intuitive enough even for beginners. It allows you to plan and manage your projects by phases and task level. You can choose to assign task to team members who are working on the same project as long as they have an account with GanttPRO. When things goes wrong and there is a deviation on the project timeline, GanttPRO allows you to track these deviations against your baseline, in this way, you will be able to track the task and update stakeholders about the delays and make a decision if addition resources should be allocated to mitigate time creeping on the project timeline. It is simply easy to use and it works.

Cons

The trial time is too short to be of any use to anyone who is working on a real project. Sometimes it takes a completed project to convince stakeholders to buy in for the software.

monday.com

Reasons for Choosing GanttPRO

Monday.com doesn't allow Users to track deviations on baseline.

monday.com

Reasons for Switching to GanttPRO

GanttPRO allows Users to track deviations on baseline, which is a mandatory requirement for any Project Managers in my opinion.

Response from GanttPRO

Louis, thank you for choosing GanttPRO! As for the trial extension, we can individually consider your application. Please, contact us in the live chat on the site or email at [email protected]

Tristan
  • Industry: Music

GanttPRO; A Software clearly built by professionals for professionals

Reviewed on 12/07/2019

My overall experience has been hugely positive. The trial has enabled me to organise several different things, from concert programming to a year-long ballet project. It also enables me to provide my clients with clarity on workloads and deadlines so they can keep a track on my progress and watch the compositions develop.

Pros

The software has a highly effective and easy to use UI, which is complimented by a vast array of features that make work life easier. It provides simple and effective tools (such as user-filtered Gantt Charts) that enable effective project management so that everyone can track their porgess on all of the assigned tasks and increase productivity. The software also bends and flexes easily if things go awry, extending deadlines and automatically compensating for the extra added time.
Overall this product is: Easy to use, Effective, Well designed and thought through

Cons

As an individual, the pricing strategy makes it difficult to justify, especially with users such as myself who work with many different teams from different organisations on the same project. Such cross-organisation collaborative work is not so easily catered for, but the features in the Individual liscence do just enough that you can get by.
Overall this product isn't: Easy to use if you work with teams from many different organsiations

David

Ganttpro is easy to use

Reviewed on 29/10/2020

So far our team loves using Ganttpro. It has been a very easy transition from MS Project 2013. Schedules have gone a day to create to 3 to 4 hours.

Pros

Easy of use
Does not lock up like MS Project 2013
Drag and drop links to tasks
Collaboration with team members
Static links for sharing with the client
MS Project import

Cons

I wish cost loading was a little easier
I wish saving a duplicate project was allowed instead of having to create a template of the project

Oracle Primavera Cloud

Reasons for Choosing GanttPRO

MS Project 2016 was to costly for the product and the service they provide. We have several levels of computer experience in our company so having a product that is easy to use was essential for our organization.

Oracle Primavera Cloud

Reasons for Switching to GanttPRO

The easy of operation and the ability to easily transition from MS Project to Ganttpro.

Response from GanttPRO

Thank you very much for the review, David. We are glad to see you're enjoying using GanttPRO.

It is important to note that you can always save a previously created template and use it in the future. If you need help, please, contact us at [email protected] Have a nice day!

Fernando
  • Industry: Defense & Space

The unique tool that allow you to manage your tasks intraday and suitable to the Agile method!

Reviewed on 27/12/2019

GanttPro can any intraday hour, making it a versatil tool ideal for groups that work under “Agile” rules.
The lifetime line shows the process ongoing and it is suitable different access profile levels for the team members, allowing, include, make the data available for query without mistaken interfering for managerial enterprise levels.

Pros

To select team work, time and deadlines in any 24hours it is really useful. This capacity distinguishes GanttPro for the all others in this project manegement tool market. The lifetime line ongoing intraday is excellent to “Agile” way of project management and this the GanttPro strongest point. The different access profile levels for the team members allow to share project progress with managerial enterprise staff. To allow 14 days to free trial is an excellent opportunity to discover how useful GanttPro is. There are official tutorial videos showing how to enhace the GanttPro usage. Besides the online livechat can help you in any case. Furthermore, it is possible to fit your group size at a fair price just consulting the livechat.

Cons

It is hard to “undo” something, like a mistake. Consequently, it is necessary to recover some previous version. Allow the keyboard short pass “crtl+z” could optimize this minor correction. Could generate reports informing stats like: tasks finished/open, tasks links, an integration percentage. Other improve opportunity would be allowed to set the link color to make easy identify the process part when the link line happen in the same time taking the same screen space.

GanttProject, TeamGantt and Ganttic

Reasons for Switching to GanttPRO

Because GanttPro allow to select team work, time and deadlines in any 24hours, and to create links between the tasks, and to agroup tasks in subgroups.
Rony

Great WBS planning tool with resource management

Reviewed on 06/11/2021

I've been using GanttPro for a few weeks now and I can say it's one of the best project planning tools I've seen.
GanttPro was by far the best balance between the number of features and ease of use I found.

I do the International Executive MBA at SSBM (Swiss School of Business & Management) and validated that this software efficiently meets the requirements of the best management practices of WBS - Work Breakdown Structure in the project planning discipline.

GanttPro is an excellent choice for small and medium complexity projects, delivering the essential resources for Work Breakdown Structure plan and tracking. Include resources management with costs allocation, and a kanban board to make simple the tasks update. It is a creative and easy-to-understand tool.

Pros

User-friendly interface
Smallest learning curve (it's possible to fully use all resources with just some small interactions)
Great online tool compatible with Mac
Resources planning with cost register

Cons

Lack of Risk management, and Issues log.
There isn't a good exportation view to put into follow-up reports (slide format)

Giuseppe

At least, a platform that truly supports me in my daily work

Reviewed on 06/12/2019

I appreciate the way the software follows my daily work. It give me and the entire team the possibility to stay up to date about the work we all are doing. Everyone knows what project and task other teammate are working on and this way we can relate better each other.

Pros

I like the extremely-simple dashboard. I know what to do, which project is involved in the daily workday and its overall status, and so I can organize my job better. When I come back home in the evening I'm more relaxed because I already know the work I have to do the next day.

Cons

I would prefer the time log section with a "start/stop" feature.
Today, I necessarily have to insert manually the start time and the end time. On the other hand, if a "start/stop" feature were implemented, I just had to push the button "start" and forget it until the end of my task.

Response from GanttPRO

Giuseppe, thank you for the review and for using GanttPRO. We would like to pay your attention that the time task tracker has a timer option. It means you can start/stop logging your working time whenever you want.

Enjoy your project management with GanttPRO.

Christopher
  • Industry: Architecture & Planning

GanttPRO review

Reviewed on 21/04/2021

Overall I like this program. It being online helps too in that you can access it from any computer.

Pros

The ease of use is the key to this software. I built a gantt chart without prior knowledge of this program and it is intuitive. Changing time frames is as easy as a click and a drag. Tasks can be a multitude of colors. Being a designer I like the fact that the resulting gantt chart can be a beautiful document. More customizable features would be great to that effect!

Cons

Copying one task to make another is still as little cumbersome in that it does not automatically place it where you intend. After copying sometimes it places it in weird spot and you need to do a re-shuffle of tasks.

Response from GanttPRO

Hi, Christopher! Nice to hear such a positive feedback. Thanks!

If you have questions or issues to fix, please, contact us in the live chat on the site or email at [email protected]

Barak
  • Industry: Architecture & Planning
  • Used Daily for Free Trial

Very useful and intuitive app

Reviewed on 21/09/2020

I have used GanttPro for both small and complicated projects. I fount it the best app for project management using Gantt chart. Very intuitive and easy to handle. Great design and have just what is needed for project planning.

Pros

Gantt view, customizable calendar, Sharing options, Design

Cons

limited integration with other application

Jira and Airtable

Reasons for Switching to GanttPRO

Simply because its use of gantt chart as the main graphic interface and the modularity it allows for designing this chart and till it with useful information.

Response from GanttPRO

Thanks a lot for the positive feedback, Barak.

Monica
  • Used Daily for Free Trial

Been using it for almost a year

Reviewed on 15/02/2021

I've been using it for almost a year. It has allowed me to define my personal and (to be) professional plans. It is a great tool

Pros

It's clean, intuitive, does not require a long learning curve. I am able to see man tasks, sub-tasks. And it's beautiful :)

Cons

For now, everything seems just as I wanted it

Response from GanttPRO

Monica, thank you so much for the positive review!

Apostolos
  • Industry: Gambling & Casinos
  • Company size: 1,001-5,000 Employees

The ONLY Project Management tool that you and your customers need!

Reviewed on 04/07/2022

We reviewed many options before selecting GanttPRO for our Project Management Office. Since then, we are using it on a daily basis across the company for both project and portfolio management. It makes the project plan creation and editing a real joy to use. Also, the Public URLs and exports that GantPRO generates are elegant and intuitive for everyone across the company to comprehend.

Having worked with competitive tools like Ms Project, SmartSheet, ProjectManager.com and BigPicture, I cannot recommend GantPRO enough!!

Pros

There are so many pros of this tool, so I will try and list the most important ones:
1. Simple and intuitive project plan creation and management
2. Use of custom fields
3. The ability to generate token-based public URLs that you can share with your all stakeholders
4. Being a web tool, you are not restricted by the OS that your various teams use.
5. Portfolio Management: The most straightforward and effective method for creating and sharing it with top management.
6. Critical Path Visual Highlighting.

Cons

If I wanted to be picky (and I have to become to find a con), I would say, that when you are creating the task dependencies visually, the tool uses only FS (which is the most common one). When creating it from within the task settings then you can use ALL the available dependency types (FS, SS, FF, SF).
Also, reporting could benefit from some love and caring from the dev team.

Kristen

GanttPro for the win

Reviewed on 06/12/2019

The main business issue that we solved was the ability to track and manage workload for resources who work across multiple projects. Now it's all in one place and scheduling projects is super easy.

Pros

I like the ability to add dependencies and it automatically moves everything if you switch a date, it saves me the headache of rescheduling a load of subsequent tasks. I also like that you can select how much information that you want to see for each individual project and that it doesn't 'require' you to fill in a bunch of fields and categories that aren't relevant or important to your projects. I must also point out the top-notch customer service. They are quick to respond and always helpful. They have even implemented several enhancements that I requested! I don't know any other company that is quick or willing to do that.

Cons

I don't particularly care for how it calculates workload. I have multiple resources working across multiple projects and in order for the workload to calculate correctly I have to include a 'dummy task' in each project that has the same start and end date, otherwise it doesn't calculate correctly. I don't know if this makes sense, it's difficult to explain, but that was the solution I received from support team.

• Industry: Luxury Goods & Jewelry

GanttPro is Amazing

Reviewed on 23/04/2021

Pros

There are a few key features that I was surprised to see in the price range of GanttPro. 1) The ability to link task and having it automatically change with any effect to previous task, 2) Having the ability to do a compare and contrast of the agreed timeline to the reality, 3) The reporting feature for being able to see the time spent on all the projects, and 4) The live timeline web link that can be shared and even displayed on a screen for the company to see.

Cons

The export feature is very limiting but I did love that there was a live web link that can show the progress on and any given project.

Response from GanttPRO

Hi, thank you for the nice feedback!

Ajamu

Just what our organization needed

Reviewed on 10/01/2018

We have used BaseCamp which is good for managing tasks, but lacked the functionality of a full project planner. This has allowed our organization to communicate and manager short to long-term projects much better.

Pros

Overall, the application's response time and general performance is a huge asset. The software is readily accessible online, which allows for easy collaboration within a working team. There is no need to install software on multiple computers, and this makes the cost far more reasonable, particularly for organizations on a limited budget.

The interface provides a clean and uncluttered look, and all of the key information for managing tasks is accessed; including task name, start and end dates, duration, progress, and who the tasks are assigned to. The user can also customize this list, both hiding and showing information as individual projects dictate.

One of the nicer features compared to other online project planners, is a much more mature way of handling progress and assignments. With some online planners this is not possible, and in others, it's handled in a rather cavalier fashion, allowing anyone to simply type in a resource name without accessing from a pre-loaded field, leading to problems in filtering resources, just due to incorrect typing - so I certainly like the more professional approach taken by GanttPro.

Resources can be assigned costs, and the software will automatically calculate the cost for projects with this information.

Cons

Would like a greater ease to indent subtasks. I would like to see controls in the menu to shift tasks, as moving tasks seems a bit to precise in the operations.

Response from XB Software

Ajamu, we are glad to hear that GanttPRO significantly simplified your work in projects. Have a good day!

Silvana
  • Industry: Motion Pictures & Film

Perfect for projects

Reviewed on 23/09/2020

Pros

GanttPro is a very easy and functional programme to use. You can do a lot of things with it and works perfect when managing different projects but want to be on top of everything. It's worth spending money on it, I've tried other programmes like Ganttpro but haven't had the same experience since they're not as easy to learn and has not had that many options as Ganttpro does. Its also very easy to invite people in your project and adapt/add/delete tasks in the timeline if needed. Overall I think this software gives a good chance to everyone that wants to plan or manage a project to learn to do it fast and effective. I would recommend it to everyone! Thank you for helping me with my current and future projects.

Cons

I did not find many things to dislike about the software but the PDF saved file should be more adaptable to the file and you should be able to customise even more. Other than that I have not seen anything other that I would like to approve.

Response from GanttPRO

Silvana, it is nice to hear such positive feedback. Thanks!

Aimee
  • Industry: Design

GanttPro Lifesaver

Reviewed on 06/06/2022

Pros

This website is a lifesaver when it comes to designing projects for full stack development. I am currently using this site as the project manager for my group. Because of the gantt chart, it has made it very easy for the members of my team to understand exactly what they have to do for the project and when to do them. What I really liked about ganttpro is the email notifications that it sends to each member I include. This is very helpful especially for us busy students, in keeping up with our projects. What I also really liked is that the ability to mark when tasks are being completed, in progress, or not done. This makes it really easy on my end as the project manager to understand where everyone is with their tasks.

Cons

What I liked the least about this software is that it is not mobile friendly. It becomes difficult to edit the tasks on a mobile device and I have to use my computer every single time I want to change something on the Gantt chart.

Jose
  • Industry: Professional Training & Coaching
  • Used Daily for Free Trial

The best project management software I've tried ever

Reviewed on 06/05/2021

It was very useful for coordinating projects and keeping up-to-date control. It also facilitated the presentation and reporting of progress with the Board.

Pros

The program's interface is very intuitive, easy to use. The options that it manages are complete and contains everything necessary for a project management at all levels

Cons

It would be convenient for you to handle individual monthly subscriptions and not just annual

Response from GanttPRO

Jose, we are so glad that you are satisfied with GanttPRO! Have a good day!

Varuni
  • Used Weekly for Free Trial

Great online PM tool

Reviewed on 30/08/2022

Pros

The things that made GanttPro very useful for us was the online capability- meant that you can use it easily across your multiple devices. The functionality allows for dependencies to be programmed in and the gantt chart view is very clean. Export is also quite strong and allows the plan to be put into excel or pdf when you need to share with someone that needs a read-only view.
It also was able to process the output file of Microsoft Project well as we started with a Microsoft Project File.
Overall it has all the capability we need for where we are with our project and the size of the team.

Cons

We found the software quite straight forward to use and don't have any major suggestions to report at this stage.

Romual

Intuitive and user-friendly Tool

Reviewed on 13/10/2021

I am currently using GannttPRO to plan my master's thesis. I use is mainly for project planning and Milestone-tracking.

Pros

Features that i really liked : Project planning - Milestone Tracking - The german Translation is very good.
GanttPRO is a well-designed and easy-to-use tool.
cIt is very well designed, user-friendly and intuitive. It has custom fields for tasks, board view, critical path feature, and has a Strong Focus on Gantt charts. I am using the german version, and I find the translation quite impressive. The fact that I can access and use the software on all my devices is simply tremendous. One of my main selection criteria for project management Software is how long I need to use the Tool productively. GanntPRO is straight to the point. As a student engineer, that's what I need—no beating around the bush.

Cons

Nothing for now. The Tool exceeds my expectations.

Sahar
  • Industry: Design

Keeps me on track

Reviewed on 13/04/2019

I've come across GanttPRO when looking for a software to keep me on track for my thesis project and so far it has great! It's easy to use and has great tools all in one place.

Pros

It's super easy to use (drag and drop tasks into the order you need them) and I love the fact that tasks can be color-coded. Another nifty feature is the ability to create links between tasks and thus create a sequence that automatically gets adjusted if a previous task is changed. One other benefit is the option to create a public link to share the chart with someone else — this has come in very handy when discussing my progress with my thesis adviser (without having to sign up for an account).

Cons

I wish some other features could be deactivated, for example, I have no collaborators for a certain project, therefore there is no need to assign the task to someone — the should automatically be assigned to the project owner in this case.

Best project management tool for small teams

Reviewed on 15/07/2022

Pros

For small teams, GanttPro is the best project management program since it is user-friendly and packed with capabilities.

Cons

Don't anticipate customisable reports or dashboards.