Kangaroo

Customer loyalty, engagement & marketing platform

4.5 /5 (47 reviews) Write a Review!
4.5
4.3
4.5
4.4
4.6
Andrea L.

Kangaroo review

Reviewed on 18/12/2019

We love having an easy loyalty program that is really good. I like how we've been able to customize it for our slowest day (Wednesdays) to give more points. I am able to reach someone quickly in customer service when I need to.

Pros

No app is required! This is huge to customers and has encouraged many people to join it. I like that it is based on phone number as well because I think that is easier for people to remember than an email. I love the features with the text/email blast options.

Cons

We have been integrating this into our new point of sale system from our old point of sale. We've run into some issues with points/settings not correctly transferring over. I also wish there was a more efficient way to show points on the receipt- right now points are only shown if you replace the notes section in the point of sale. This is more of an integration issue that I hope can be worked out.

Response from Kangaroo Rewards

Hello Andrea,
Thank you for the positive review. We are happy to read that our program is working well for you especially as a tool to enhance business on Wednesdays. Our support & development team will look into your issue regarding displaying the points on the receipt for your new POS system. Thank you for your continued support and fidelity. we value your business.

Mitsuko O.
Industry: Retail

Great program; very receptive to customer suggestions; constantly updating; easy for staff to use!

Reviewed on 11/01/2018

We are able to easily and effectively manage our customer loyalty program. Our customers are happy and our staff are happy!

Pros

- Very easy and intuitive for the staff to use at the sales counter.
- They are integrated with Lightspeed Retail.
- The development team is very receptive to suggestions and feedback.
- We have the ability to have "automatic" discounts and offers for our loyalty members, and the staff don't have to think about it or remember them!
- We can send marketing through Kangaroo, which has the potential to eliminate our current email marketing provider
- The price is fair

Cons

- They don't have full access to Lightspeed's API, so there are limitations on the offers that we can offer to our customers automatically. The program has so many offers available, but they can't integrate into Lightspeed yet.
- We aren't able to show the customer's current points balance on the sales screen yet (because doing so overwrites the customer's notes)
- The user interface in the admin portal is slow(ish) to respond
- When updating points balances, there isn't a way to note the reason

Response from Kangaroo Rewards

Mitsuko, Thank you so much for your valuable feedback.
I'm glad to announce that based on your requests, these features were added to our core platform:

- Access to the full customer loyalty profile from the Sales Screen (including adjustment of points, history of rewards and redemptions, change of consent, etc...)

- We also added additional Promo types you asked for including buy over a certain amount and get a free product or a discount.

We are different because we action on our customers feedback and yours has been amazing!
Thank you!

Ron V.

Comunicating with my customers

Reviewed on 25/12/2019

We will be communicating better with our customers once we start using all of the features available in the app & the people at Kangaroo have been easy to work with

Pros

It integrates with Lightspeed and I needed a rewards program & a way to communicate with my customers

Cons

I feel it is rather expensive, partly because I don't have time to set up and use all of the features I'm paying for. I think the Lightspeed app is expensive also but I need something to run my business effectively and these apps work well together

Response from Kangaroo Rewards

Hello Ron,
Thank you for the positive review. We're pleased to hear that Kangaroo has proven itself to be an effective rewards & communication tool for your business. We understand that there are a lot of features available on our platform, however we assure you that once you have taken the time to activate all the features, the program will really flourish and provide even greater benefits. If you require additional help, please feel free to reach out to our support team. We are always happy to help! Thank you once again for choosing Kangaroo Rewards, we appreciate your business!

Best Regards, Team Kangaroo

Heather T.
Industry: Apparel & Fashion

Wonderful Choice for a Loyalty Program

Reviewed on 03/02/2020

Pros

I love the unique features that Kangaroo offers to retarget existing customers and how they are all built into one platform! It's so much more than just a points based system. Having the ability to tag customers and segment them for marketing is worth every penny!

Cons

There are a few features I wish were more customizable to our brand and I wish customers could be set to a certain tier level on a case by case basis, without having to do that for all of your customers. We have several thousand customers enrolled in our loyalty program so it's unfeasible.

Response from Kangaroo Rewards

Hello Heather,
Thank you for the excellent review! We're thrilled to hear that Kangaroo is meeting your business needs. We are a bit concerned about your comments regarding the customer tiers and our support team will reach out shortly to help you with your customer tier objectives. Thank you for choosing Kangaroo!

Best,

Katerina S.
Industry: Health, Wellness & Fitness

Kangaroo Rewards

Reviewed on 20/12/2019

Overall it is a good app and customers like it because it gives them an opportunity to collect points with every shopping.

Pros

Kangaroo rewards is fairly easy to use. Layout is clear and ads are not overpowering.

Cons

With frequent updates on one of our tablets we need to go directly into play store and click update manually, it doesn't do it itself. Sometimes system freezes.

Response from Kangaroo Rewards

Hello Katerina,
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We're proud to hear that your customers are enjoying earning points and that Kangaroo software is easy for you to use and manage. We will look into automating the system updates to enhance your user experience. Thank you for your continued support and fidelity.

Josue G.
Industry: Automotive

Great Customer Loyalty Program

Used Monthly for 1-5 months
Reviewed on 23/01/2020

I would say it is a 7. My main positive feedback is that it's great Loyalty program.

Pros

It is easy to use and set up a campaign for customers. It is easily integrated into my POS and I can redeem my clients rewards points with an ease.

Cons

It can take a while to set up a campaign and I need to remind myself to do one consistently

Response from Kangaroo Rewards

Hello Josue,
Thank you for taking the time to review Kangaroo Rewards. We're pleased to read that the Kangaroo is working well for you and that it's easy to use! We understand that it can be difficult to remember to send out campaigns, which is why we have campaign automation. This way, you can plug in your campaign dates and offers in advance and everything will be sent automatically. You can basically set & forget!
Our support team will reach out shortly to offer assistance. Thanks again for choosing Kangaroo, your business is important to us.

Nicolas E.

Excellent Experience, I recommand

Reviewed on 28/12/2016

Customers love the system and it's very easy to use for everybody. We recommend Kangaroo Rewards to all the stores.

Diandra A.

Great concept that clients love

Reviewed on 16/12/2016

We installed Kangaroo at our Café situated on Fleury street.
All clients that use it are addicted to it and love the rewards that come with it.
It is a client way to show appreciation to all our loyal costumers!

Easy to use, great staff to help us out anytime we need to make promotions as well!

Love the team at Kangaroo,
highly recommend it.

Michael M.

Mascot plus inc

Reviewed on 15/12/2016

It's was all a great service and tool to boost our sales. The features were nice and were very user-friendly.

Peter L.
Industry: Supermarkets

Great Business Tool

Used Monthly for 6-12 months
Reviewed on 15/12/2016

It's a great tool to reward our clients. They are after all the most important part of any business.

Pros

That it's easy to use .

Zondre W.

Best option for Lightspeed

Reviewed on 31/12/2019

Pros

The biggest advantage is that it is fully integrated with Lightspeed POS and E-comm. So, it helps us to create a seamless customer experience. The basic features, such as tracking customer purchase history in analytics and being able to send offers to all of the customers, works at least as well as other loyalty programs.

Cons

A lot of the additional features promised, such as being able to do targeted campaigns based on purchase history and promotions based on category, don't work as promised. The software doesn't capture the information necessary to do targeted campaigns. And, when you try to do a promotion based on a category, you can't select the category from Lightspeed. You have to tag all of the products, which is a lot of extra work.

Response from Kangaroo Rewards

Hello Zondre,
Thank you for taking the time to review our software. We were surprised to see that you're experiencing issues with targeted marketing. We pride ourselves on our comprehensive integration with Lightspeed POS and the granular targeting and customer segmentation capabilities Your review has been forwarded to our support team who will reach out shortly to address your pain points. Thank you once again for choosing Kangaroo Rewards to power your loyalty program. We appreciate your business.

Likelihood to recommend: 5.0/10

Tim N.

good product

Reviewed on 22/12/2019

fairly good prdouct

Pros

nice simple product to use ...

nice to be able to provide customers with rewards ...

Cons

missing some features that another product had ...

need to be able to let people know when they have a discount ...

Response from Kangaroo Rewards

Hello Tim,
Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. We're pleased to hear that our loyalty software is easy to use and your customers enjoy collecting rewards. As for notifying members when they have a discount, Kangaroo offers several options. Customers may be notified by email automation, SMS Text or push notifications via the APP. I will have our support team reach out shortly to address your concerns. Thank you once again for choosing Kangaroo Rewards. We appreciate your business.

Likelihood to recommend: 6.0/10

Andre L.

A Rewards System that Grows with Your Business

Reviewed on 18/12/2019

Customer retention is very vital to several businesses. Many people hate how cell phone service companies always try to market to get new customers into contracts while neglecting their long time customers and not providing the best service/deals/etc. I see the majority of my sales from 80% as returning customers. So it's important to me to keep reminding them that I should be a destination for their shopping. The rewards does a great deal to keep bringing people back to me while I utilize social media to attract new customers.

Pros

I love how Kangaroo Rewards integrates with my Lightspeed POS system. It is very straightforward and easy to use. I can customize how my customers receive points/rewards/bonuses and more! It feature automatic campaigns that reach out to my at-risk customers that reminds them that I still should be part of their shopping experience/reminders. I like the support the company gives to the users. They are always willing to improve the rewards system and also willing to listen to make changes that I find not useful/difficult/confusing. We are part of the top 5 users of Kangaroo Rewards in the franchise that I am in and it's been a great experience so far!

Cons

My major complaint to the company was the layout on the administrator's website. I find it very difficult to navigate and find exactly what I need. Some of the self-service FAQ's have been down for a bit but they are finally back up. At a conference I attended, Kangaroo Rewards assured to me that there is an update coming and will be available soon that addresses all my concerns! So it's exciting to see that they are listening to user feedback.

Response from Kangaroo Rewards

Hello Andre,
Thank you for the glowing review! It was a pleasure meeting you at the conference and we're thrilled that our software is helping to contribute to the success of your business! Thank you for your ongoing support and fidelity, we appreciate your business.

Warm Regards,

Scott W.
Industry: Retail

Three years growing our business with Kangaroo

Reviewed on 21/12/2019

Excellent tool for our company. Much better than the plastic cards which cost more and customers lose. Or the paper punch cards we used before the plastic.

Pros

Easy to use, easy to train employees to navigate and log customer points.

Cons

It's a two step process with input into our POS. It would be nice if it could be integrated.

Response from Kangaroo Rewards

Hello Scott,
Thank you for the fantastic review! We're happy to hear that Kangaroo is working well for your business. We're always thrilled to hear that our program is easy, effective and provides great value. Thank you for choosing Kangaroo Rewards, we appreciate your business.

Hailey R.
Industry: Design

Style Rewards at Interior Design House

Reviewed on 18/12/2019

Pros

Easy to setup
UX is straightforward
affordable

Cons

Design of the UX
How it needs to be administered using the tablet and not on the PC
Backend isn't as straightforward as I would like - newsletters aren't user friendly

Response from Kangaroo Rewards

Hello Hailey,
Thank you for taking the time to review our loyalty software. We're thrilled to learn that the program is bringing great value and is straightforward to use. We are presently evaluating the user experience to optimize the pain points you mentioned. Thank you for choosing Kangaroo Rewards and we appreciate your business.

Regards, Team Kangaroo

Likelihood to recommend: 7.0/10

Curt M.
Industry: Health, Wellness & Fitness

Kangaroo helped us in so many ways!

Reviewed on 22/09/2016

We don't use Adwords and Facebook ads anymore' We decided to use Kangaroo for marketing, loyalty and customer retention since this is the only thing that really worked for us. Kangaroo proved itself time and time again. We are actually Kangaroo fanatics :)

Pros

ease of use for both Merchants and Customers.

Cons

Nothing to mention other than whatever we want to have, we just ask for it and they add it for everyone else to benefit from. they're amazing!

Darren D.

Rewards

Reviewed on 19/12/2019

Pros

The ability to send text messages to customers direct.

Cons

Cost of the program plus adding in texting costs runs high.

Response from Kangaroo Rewards

Hello Darren,
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We''re disappointed to learn that you feel that the value of the program is not reflected in the cost. If you're open to it, I can have our support team run through all the features with you that are available within the program so that you can maximize your program and gain full value. Your business is important to us as is your success.

Likelihood to recommend: 5.0/10

Chris S.

Kangaroo is Great!

Reviewed on 26/12/2019

Overall experience (from initial contact to using the app) was exceptional.

Pros

Kangaroo has the amount of customization we were looking for from a loyalty, promotion, and marketing package. We have used other loyalty programs and for a similar cost we were able to transfer to Kangaroo successfully and our customers love it.

Cons

There was a bit of a learning curve, but after our employees learned how Kangaroo was integrated into our POS system they love it.

Response from Kangaroo Rewards

Hello Chris,
Thank you for the exceptional review! We're thrilled to have you on-board and delighted to hear that your experience has been everything we promised. Thank you once again for choosing Kangaroo to power your loyalty program.

Renjit L.
Industry: Retail

Efficient tool for loyalty program management

Reviewed on 05/12/2019

Start (test) small and expand
Flexible pricing options
Good onboarding process

Cons

Still in the initial phase and yet to identify cons

Response from Kangaroo Rewards

Thank you for the 5 Star review! We appreciate you taking the time to share your experience with Kangaroo Rewards.

Raj S.

The Right Tool for small businesses

Reviewed on 15/12/2016

Product with unlimited options, very customizable. Support team is very dedicated and works until solution is customised to your satisfaction. Price is reasonable. The best bang for your bucks

Pros

Ease of operation
Options available in the setup.
Giftcard and alacarte option.
Pricing

Cons

None

Brenda M.

not a good product

Used Other for 6-12 months
Reviewed on 26/02/2020

None

Pros

There was nothing that stood out about this software

Cons

not user friendly. Did not work as promised. Did not get the customer service I needed

Response from Kangaroo Rewards

Hello Brenda,
Thank you for taking the time to review our loyalty solution. We are disappointed to hear that Kangaroo was not a good fit for your needs. Kangaroo's platform performs best in traditional retail, service, restaurant or wholesaler environments. While our platform can be used for non-traditional retail models, it requires a higher level of preparedness. We thank you for allowing our support team to work with you and we sincerely hope that you find the right solution for your business.

Best Regards, Team Kangaroo

Likelihood to recommend: 0.0/10

Anastasia M.

Very helpful team... Personally I am tech challenged so the help is great. Integration with POS gre

Reviewed on 05/01/2017

Able to get assistance right away and they are willing to walk you through the steps. It is now integrated with my POS and I'm loving it even more.

Travis S.

Great Customer service

Reviewed on 16/12/2016

Love the application it does everything I want and more for the right price. I highly recommended them.

Amanda josalene W.
Industry: Retail

Helped to reward my repeat customers :)

Reviewed on 11/03/2019

Overall, Kangaroo has proved a success for myself and my business, and my customers are very satisfied that I am now able to give them a loyalty rewards program.

Pros

I run a small scale business but we have fantastic profits and a lot of repeat customers, and Kangaroo was able to help me develop my own rewards program for my loyal & dedicated customers/clients. Kangaroo was very easy to learn and to navigate, which reduced the time it took to be able to achieve the rewards system that I wanted to great. When you're running a business with a close-knit team but have high production demands, time is very important, and I praise Kangaroo for helping me develop my rewards system without forcing me into spending too much time trying to learn how to navigate the software.

Cons

I don't have any cons; I still use Kangaroo on my site!

Response from Kangaroo Rewards

Hello Amanda,
Thank you for the 5 star review! We're delighted to hear that our loyalty software has been easy to implement and instrumental in the growth of your company. We appreciate your feedback and look forward to servicing your loyalty needs for years to come!

Warm Regards,
Valerie - Kangaroo Rewards

Joshua L.
Industry: Restaurants

The Loyalty Program we were looking for

Reviewed on 21/01/2020

We did everything manually which meant a lot of customers slipped through the cracks. Kangaroo allows us to properly reward our customers and makes that process very streamlined. Another very important aspect fo Kangaroo was that they were willing to work with us although we are a small operation in Belize.

Pros

Firstly it linked with our POS which was a big plus for us and although this has nothing to do with the actual program, the customer attention for onboarding and setup was great. There are so many options for how guests can be rewarded that you almost get lost, but this allows you to specialize days, weeks, a certain time and so forth allowing for a very customizable service.

Cons

My biggest concern is the sign-in page for the customer. It is a little too basic for my liking and doesn't properly resize for the screen used. I wish it looked more like a web app that a webpage.

Response from Kangaroo Rewards

Hello Joshua,
Thank you for the 5 Star review! We're delighted that our loyalty software is exactly what you were looking for to help you meet your business's goals and that our support team's attentiveness is appreciated. We like to practice what we preach and work hard to create an exceptional customer experience. Your comments regarding the sign-in page will be reviewed by our development team and a member of our support team will reach out shortly. Thanks again for choosing Kangaroo Rewards to power your loyalty program.

Best,