Branch Messenger Reviews

Branch Messenger

Employee self-service platform for hourly workers

4.6/5 (629 reviews)
Chad K.

Great way to connect with employees Ina way that is inclusive and easily accessible.

Reviewed on 06/10/2017

Just the ease of accessibility in which I have to communicate with all employees at one time.

Pros

Everything! I like that everyone on the app can access and share the same information with ease. I love how not only does it enable you to post and share work schedules, but the app also breaks down the schedule to an easily viewed breakdown per fa of each week. It shows you who is coming in and when on which day so that there is never any confusion as to who is working. I also love how it will alert you two hours before you have your next shift starting, just in case you forget or just didn't see the schedule posted at work. I also love how there is an individual chat option so you can have private conversations with your coworkers about work related issues that not everyone needs to see. Lastly, I love how the app enables a form of communication that doesn't require the use of people's data, minutes, or texts, as many people don't always have unlimited access to these.

Cons

There really isn't anything negative I can think of with the app, other than sometimes it will get the wrong times for upcoming shifts on the daily break downs of the schedule. However, you can just as easily double check the schedule posted in the app in case you feel there might be an error.

James T.

Fun program good platform

Reviewed on 15/02/2018

The schedule data lets managers and employees work together without direct contact, saving both groups time and annoyance

Pros

The level of options and systems in the program is impressive. There are basically 4 programs in one, an image share, a calendar, a messenger and a wage calculator. Streamlines the scheduling process for managers and staff as well because you eliminate the need to call in and verify shifts.

Cons

The messaging service seems to use data instead of SMS which can be a problem with large numbers of group members and messages. Also, the coverage tools could be improved by typing in times rather than the rolling clock input

I found Branch to be easy to network with all employees

Reviewed on 02/11/2017

Having problems editing and changing position and business.

Pros

Being able to post the weekly schedule and shift reminders. I like to use it to add training tips so all the crew can see it. I also use it to praise and recognize individual crew members and the team as a whole.

Cons

I would like More GIFS related to Arby's and the food industry. Sometimes I get notifications about conversations but when I go into the App I can't find the whole conversation that I was notified about, so it's like coming into the middle of something that you aren't quite sure what the original question is about.

Grayson B.

Perfect for Connecting With Work!

Reviewed on 15/06/2018

Reminders about shifts, new information from store supervisor, other things important to my job.

Pros

What I personally love about this app is that it's the perfect way to see my schedule and who I'm working with instead of taking a picture of my schedule every week on my phone and taking up more space than what is necessary. The app also shows you how much you make in a week when you add your wage, and also reminds you of your shift a couple hours before! On the main page it also shows you the current weather, which is great if you don't work in the same town as the one you live in like myself. You can post within the app and there is a section to post in to see if anyone needs a shift covered or if you yourself needs a shift covered.

Cons

There isn't really anything that I dislike about the software, but if I had to choose something it would be the "Team" tab which is used for contacting other team members, making groups, etc. I personally don't use it, and opt to just text my co-workers instead, but it is a great idea to have the section inside the app.

Bailey C.

I used Branch Messenger to receive updates from work, and stay updated by my managers

Reviewed on 18/01/2018

Pros

What I liked most was the ability to post schedule changes or swap with another person, request days off, and the ability to contact my co-workers when I don't have their number. Branch was very easy to use also, and easy to navigate. I also enjoyed how there was different settings for viewing the times I worked in a week, and how you could add someone else to the timeline and track their schedule as well.

Cons

What I did not like s much was on the comments some people would leave, you could not view who liked what exactly.

Alyssa N.

overall this is pretty useful for working at a place with a lot of people you don't know well.

Reviewed on 05/07/2018

the biggest benefit is being able to communicate with my team in an organized way rather than just a giant group chat that inevitably gets off track.

Pros

I like the activities board. I like that people can post a general post to everyone without it being in your messages. i also like that you can individually message anyone, it's very useful especially when you don't know anyone when you first start.

Cons

the individual messaging is pretty glitchy, i hate that i cant send emojis and half the time if I'm trying to have a conversation i need to restart the app to get it to load the new message sent to me. i also hate that i cant adjust my shifts. if I'm covering someone else's shift i want to be able to manually add that in, or vise versa. I also hate that in shift coverage it is filled with a bunch of old stuff from months ago, there should be a filter to automatically get rid of them once the date of the shift in question has passed. i also would like if in the comments for posts on the activity bored you could comment gifs and such

Angela S.

Love using this app, helps keep my team informed and gives a better source of communication open

Reviewed on 03/10/2017

We have a setup in our system for employees to get schedules but as I've seen not many stores use it because too complicated. This app is so much easier, faster and accurate

Pros

How easy it is to share info with my team. How there are so many ways to communicate with team and they can also keep in touch with other coworkers. Once I post a schedule I like how fast it posts and also sends alerts to others.

Cons

Not all my coworkers can join app. Some phones aren't capable.
Also sometimes it's hard for new employee to find store in search

Travis D.

I like it a lot but for the very simple features!

Reviewed on 30/01/2018

Really easy for me to use, it reads schedules very easily and is very accurate. Wish it could customize how many hours in advance. Before shift and change the alert type so could be like alarm

Pros

Easy to get the schedule out. I like that it sends out a notice once the schedule is posted. I like that It's easy to post the schedule by simply uploading a picture.

Cons

Multiple people can delete the schedule. I don't like how the schedule swap works. It seems a bit cumbersome and hard to use. We end up just doing it in store. It's hard to keep up with and easier to use in chat.

Also have issues with loading sometimes where I have to log out completely out of app and then log back in.

Jennifer B.

Almost there

Reviewed on 27/08/2018

Pros

It is very easy to use, and there are some great features.

Cons

Messages do not always send right away, I once received a message 3 months after it was sent...

Sometimes Branch does not read a posted scheduled picture correctly, which is confusing for some staff. It cannot differentiate between people with the same first name.

Samuel T.

Perfect for normal use to post weekly schedules for team

Reviewed on 25/05/2017

Daily alerts, scheduling made easy.

Pros

Ease of use, alerts, filters, engagement areas, and speed. This app clearly does what it promises. Ability to swap shifts and post needed coverage is a plus

Cons

Ability to modify based on the company that uses it lacks. Being able to separate pharmacy schedules and front store schedules would be optimal. Separate profiles for front store and pharmacy so communication is filtered. A to-do section for the teams would help improve store productivity.

Opeyemi O.

branch messenger review

Reviewed on 18/12/2018

Pros

The update interval for this app is way frequent and actually fixes things. I work with a bunch of friends and with branch messenger, it is much easier to schedule and update our calendar to our taste. Effectiveness has never been this easy and cheap as now, there is no need to have a squabble with anyone over who was meant to do what and at what time, they all constantly get reminded and everyone gets on easy. The upcoming schedule notification is great, the chatroom is just right for sharing information and the news feed is perfect for broadcast messages.

Cons

Branch simply glitches and that's just about everything i hate about it. Sometimes when trying to make a post, branch puts you off with a response about how your post can not be published at the moment, then, you make the post again in an effort to get your aim achieved and then voila, you've got duplicate posts to your name. This is something that needs to be fixed asap.

Brad F.

Great app with free features

Reviewed on 30/10/2018

We have had a great experience using Branch. Besides the scheduling, it is an awesome tool for communicating with coworkers and pushing out important notices.

Pros

The app easily allows us to schedule our employees and push out communications in a snap.

Cons

It would be cool if this app also had an optional clock in/clock out feature.

Santana N.

Great way to find out when I work and communicate with team members

Reviewed on 25/06/2018

Pros

The app is very easy to use and self-explanatory. being able to scroll through it and find out what days you have to work is great.

Cons

Sometimes runs slow sometimes and closes out on its own. You might have to reopen it. It would also be nice if it had a night mode.

Allison H.

Branch is a great app! It allows me to stay connected to my coworkers even outside of work.

Reviewed on 20/09/2017

Using Branch allows me to connect with and keep in touch with my team more than I have in the past. We are able to share updates, alerts, and tips through the app. During Hurricane Irma, when we all had to stay home or evacuate, Branch kept me in touch with my whole team and I knew they were safe.

Pros

The thing I like most about Branch is the ability to connect with my coworkers through posts and updates. Communication has greatly increased in my team since we all downloaded Branch.

Cons

My biggest criticism about Branch is that the functionality could be a bit better. The way my team uses it is more like a social networking tool, and sometimes it's difficult to post pictures because they have to be cropped to fit a square. Additionally, I'd like the ability to post links and share GIFs. Also, posting my availability comes with a challenge, because the app does not allow me to post shifts that start with a PM hour and end with an AM hour. I have not been able to post my availability for this reason.

Jacob T.

I think this app is pretty neat. I love the ability to see your shifts and your co workers shifts.

Reviewed on 31/08/2017

I am able to know when my work starts beforehand. I love it and it's awesome because I am a very busy person.

Pros

I love notifications you can get a couple of hours before your work starts. I'm happy that this app exists and I hope that it keeps improving.

Cons

I would like to see in the future updates notification time changes. If I have work at 3 I would like to get a notification two hours beforehand, or maybe the next work day I would like to know four hours beforehand. Also days of the week. So maybe a persons week starts on Monday, but mine starts on Saturday. I would like the availbity to change that options.

Betsy V.

Branch Messenger has always been easy and convenient to use.

Reviewed on 15/02/2018

Pros

I love that all you have to do is post the picture of the schedule and it will automatically list all the people working that day and it alerts everyone automatically. I think it is extremely convenient and I never miss a shift this way.

Cons

I don't think that there is a lot to dislike about Branch Messenger. Whenever I had issues with the app, customer support always got back to me quickly. I think that there is this one glitch when I look at the picture schedule and go back, the bottom tab that lets me navigate disappears so I have to exit out of the app and restart.

Faith J.

Gets the Job Done

Reviewed on 08/10/2018

Pros

The goal is to inform different people on the same team at work of new schedules, upcoming activities, and give them access to switching shifts if need be. This product helps execute these needs very well. It gives notifications hours before your shift starts just to make sure you're ready and aware.

Cons

It takes a while to upload photos. Sometimes it fails to upload them at all and you have to try a few times before it works. I also found it difficult to find my particular store on the app when registering. Changes should be made to make it simpler.

Leticia S.

Branch is such a life saver on looking up shifts to switching shifts!

Reviewed on 24/01/2018

looking up shifts are so much easy, especially when your double cheking, communicating to others about shift change or just in general are so much easier. Just love the easy use to this!! especially seeing the schedule and day by day timelines HELP ALOT

Pros

What i love so much about the software is how easy it is to look up shifts, look up people, and even commincate with other about shift openings and other important information.

Cons

Sing up is quite difficult because other companies mix with other companies stores ( ex starbucks, mc donalds). as well sometimes the shifts are not read correctly and are incorrectly written.

Ben O.

I work with Pizza Hut and we use this app. I have never had any problems at all with it.

Reviewed on 09/01/2018

I am able to see my schedule immediately when it comes out, not the next time I work. It is just much more convenient to have in your pocket rather than at your place of work.

Pros

I like that the app will give you notifications on when your next shift is and how available the schedule is.

Cons

Sometimes it takes a little while for the app to load, and it would be nice to be able to choose how far ahead you want the notification for your next shift.

Matthew H.

Simple and effective

Reviewed on 06/02/2018

Easy and active communications with a team and fast schedule uploads and viewing

Pros

The app is easy to use and intuitive. The interface and tabbed approach to feature separation is native to most smart phone users and will developed.

Cons

The customization is non-existent. Changing notifications sounds or frequency is all or nothing, and images are downloaded every time rather than cached. Posting times is buggy, with simple text entry passed for a poorly implemented rolling clock design. Messaging does not play well with other SMS offerings and instead uses data or wifi

Carly S.

Great communication for team

Reviewed on 10/04/2018

Pros

I like how I can see my hours ahead. I like how I can see my earnings. We have all our schedules posted on this. The app notifies you of your shift starting two outs ahead of time. This can be good or annoying. I like how you can create a profile about yourself.

Cons

I don't like how anyone at work can post anything on the app. Some of the things like details in creating a profile are bit difficult to post. For some reason it doesn't take my information. I don't like how it constantly notifies you. It can be good and bad as I stated before.

Every so often we have a few glitches with the schedules but it's very easy to use

Reviewed on 02/02/2018

Pros

I love the fact that it keeps the staff up to date and informed. Also, the way it breaks the schedules down into calendar for ia very convenient.

Cons

We have a large staff and I wish there was an easier way to take a picture of the schedule to make sure all the employees are included in there. Because some times I have to add people in there manually. Or they just don't make it in at all

Love this APP

Reviewed on 12/02/2019

Pros

Branch is so convenient for our team. We use it weekly for our schedule, shift trades, and general communication.

Cons

The branch pay option is not bad, but the constant notification to use it as first was annoying.

Levi S.

Easy to use, awesome customer service.

Reviewed on 05/02/2018

Pros

All you have to do is take a photo of your schedule and the app converts this photo into individual calendar shifts and assigns them to employees. Allows for import of shifts to iCloud/gmail calendars. Notifies employees two hours before your shift. Customer service resolved issues quickly and politely.

Cons

The only con I can think of is that not enough people know about the branch app. Seriously, everyone should be using it. I tried several before this and none even got close to as useful and easy to use. Espescially free.

Making life easier.

Reviewed on 08/02/2019

I’ve realized that it’s easier to communicate with coworkers about issues for schedule conflicts. It also helped get big messages out to everyone at once such as new specials or company changes.

Pros

I love branch because it allows you to view your schedule without having to carry a copy. Towards the end of my pregnancy branch made it extreamly easy to schedule my appointment around my work schedule because I have my work schedule at the tips of my fingers.

Cons

I honestly can’t think of anything I dislike about branch. It made my work life so much easier.