Chronogolf Reviews

Chronogolf

Cloud-based golf course management software

4.8/5 (105 reviews)
David R.

The Point of Sale system, Lightspeed, is brilliant.

Reviewed on 23/09/2019

Overall the software is brilliant from a club management point of view and makes my life so much easier.

Pros

- The system works seamlessly with Lightspeed POS and makes our day to day tasks so much more efficient. As a result we are so much more accurate with all our work.
- The subscription selling process is so simple and customizable for each customer it gives my staff confidence they will get it right first time every time.
- The dynamic pricing model is brilliant and moves with our demands to reflect a price which is reasonable for the amount of traffic we have on a given day. Once set up you don’t need to worry about it again.
- We use the events page to sell our junior camps online. This is a great portal to have as we can send our customers a link so they can read all about the camps and sign up online. This can be used for social events and banquets to sell ticket also.
- With both pieces of software integrated (POS and Tee Sheet), it saves us double work setting up memberships and green fee types in both. Lightspeed is also integrated with Xero accounting software so our accountants can see their accounts the following day!
- The software has a chat system and the Chronogolf staff are always there to help. Most issues are solved immediately but any that aren’t are resolved with a couple of days.

Cons

- The organisation of the system takes time but once a member of staff has responsibility for this it works well.
- The system can be slow at times but this is rare.
- Golf shops products need to be made up from scratch but this also gives us the ability to create them the way we want too.
- When sending out sms or email messages from the tee sheet it doesn’t keep a record of what was sent to look back at.

Sharon C.

I am very very pleased with the Chronogolf system

Reviewed on 24/09/2019

I love the fact that I can work from home, I can watch the tee sheet  and bookings, look at sales is very convenient .  The online help at the bottom right of the screen has been  a life saver.  Early in the season after we went live we would run in to different scenarios that we need help with.  It was as easy as typing in the question , responses and solutions were within minutes.  No waiting on hold on a 1-800 number listening to music. This help was 7 days a week as well.  As an accountant by trade , I am all about numbers , so I love the reporting and the different ways you can segment and isolate data.

We also wanted the feature where we had the ability to process payments over the winter.  Almost 25% of our membership use our winter payment plan, were they can divide their memberships and services into 6 equal payments.  This can all be done now through Chronogolf and the Stripe feature.  I was began working with representative and she walked be through a couple of different ways to do this and she sent me a helpful follow up email recapping our training system.

There are training modules you can access and go back to take a refresher on if you think you need to learn more.

Pros

Last year our golf course made the decision to switch from paper tee sheet and an antiquated POS system.  We didn't make this decision lightly either.  Cost, practicality , ease of use were just some of the many factors we considered when we went shopping for a replacement.  We even did a site visit to one of our local courses who was using the Chronogolf product.  The manager very generously spent a couple of hours with us showing us how he used it and what he considered the pro's and con's .
Our board of directors made the decision in February to go with the Chronogolf product and I was appointed the person in charge of implementation and training.  I have to say before I started, I was apprehensive , actually dreading the switch.  Well, I have to admit I was pleasantly surprised.  After an initial conference call, I was appointed a trainer/facilitator to help our golf course and myself navigate this process.  My trainer represenative, was polite, patient and very accessible.  I say patient because I certainly have basic computer knowledge , but I was worried I did not know enough technical stuff.  Anything I did not know represenative walked me through it.  We built our tee sheet and POS system basically using the template they provide yet still customizing it for our own specific needs.  We worked away on the off season an we were ready to go live on time for our opening.
I love the cloud based aspect , for us this made accessing information so much quicker.

Cons

The one time this summer that Chronogolf experienced a system wide issue as a result of AWS being down, they were very quick to reach out to all of us through a message on the tee sheet and email that the problems we were experiencing were theirs not ours.  That saved us time , instead of running around test our wifi and routers thinking the problem was us.

Tim H.

Chronogolf has been the best by Far

Reviewed on 22/07/2019

All that said, Chronogolf is an excellent program that my golf course plans to use for years to come.

Pros

I've used a few different tee sheet management software programs throughout my time working at golf courses, and Chronogolf has been the best by far. This program has great, very intuitive features that I felt the other services I used were lacking. Some of my personal favorites are included below:

- A very nice way to price out golf per individuals, or groups of golfers (we have many different price points and golfer "types" here, and the ability to set the daily pricing by the hour, and easily change a golfer's specific pricing by changing his or her "type" makes it very easy and quick checking in golfers)

- The ability to click and drag a tee time to change the time is awesome. So much easier than going into the reservation and changing the time, or deleted and recreating

- Having a way to set colors to different types is great and gives a quick way to see the demographic of golfers on any given day

- The tournament module is awesome (still needs a few minor tweaks) But as a course that hosts many tournaments, I use this module very frequently and it provides a very easy way to manage the tee sheet on a tournament day

- Probably the biggest feature is that it is cloud-based. I can access any information I need to at any time I need which is very useful and important to me.

Cons

This program, like all others, does have a few minor flaws, and some bugs (sometimes runs very slowly, or just glitches tee times out) but all that is very minor and usually does not cause any lastly problems.

Greg N.

Features upon features!

Reviewed on 17/11/2018

All in all Mountain Woods Golf Club is very happy with all three aspects of Chronogolf, the management and staff find the software utilities to be very organized and easy to use, The customer service is second to none and finally our customers enjoy using the software to book their tee times and view the house account transactions.

Pros

There are many aspects of Chronogolf that make it a complete software package. It has features upon features such as creating numerous price sheets to customize booking privileges and pricing, a tournament module to keep all social events and golf tournaments organized in one calendar. The promotions section is one of my favourite as it gives me the ability to create promo codes for events such as fathers day or mothers day. I am very excited for the Dynamic Pricing module and I am very interested in integrating it into our facility in 2019. It would not be fair to review the software and not touch on the service and continuous enhancements or software upgrades. The customer service staff is second to none. The online chat makes it easy to get an agent and the agents seem very knowledgable and polite when assisting with all questions or concerns we may have. As for the software updates… they are always creating enhancements to the software. Many of these enhancements I believe are driven by the requests sent in by current users of Chronogolf and some are simply generated by the company itself. The final aspect of Chronogolf that I would like to review is the member and guests experience. We have had a great number of members and guests tell us that online booking with Chrono has been an enjoyable experience. The dashboard is clean and giving members the ability to see and book directing into the tee sheet with other members they might know is one of their favourite features.

Cons

There are some reporting questions I had about reporting in the Lightspeed POS system but CSR at Chronogolf was quick to point me in the right direction.

Rob H.

We are happy that we will not have to conduct a search for another system this year, as we are very

Reviewed on 12/08/2019

Our decision actually came down to Chronogolf and another service. Ultimately for us, we felt Chronogolf best fit the needs of our club, especially when it comes to paper invoicing our senior members, along with more control and access to the system overall. It became clear a couple of weeks into our training for 2019 that we had made the right decision. We found the staff at Chronogolf extremely helpful, knowledgeable, and accommodating from the start of our training all the way through to the start of our season and beyond. The software itself is much more user-friendly than our previous management system, and all of the staff that use it on a daily basis acknowledge the significant improvement and ease of use. We can get rid of many of our other third party software elements that were put together to run the back end of our operation, as Chronogolf/Lightspeed can do much of what is needed.

Pros

We are in the midst of our first season working with Chronogolf after having a rather negative experience with our previous golf management system implemented and utilized by Nehoiden GC during the 2018 season. By August of last season, it was clear we needed a change, and my Assistant GM and I went through an extensive search for a new golf system. We are a private 9-hole club that does not utilize the online reservation system, so we were looking for a management system that could streamline our back end administration, offer us a single database for all of our needs, tracking system for tee times entered by our starters, and POS system for merch, F&B, and golf fee sales at first tee.

Cons

We feel our club has taken a great step forward in checking in members and their guests, as well as with all of our first tee operations. And when there is an issue or update, it is easy to get in touch to find a resolution.

Alexandre R.

A program that continues to evolve and improve

Reviewed on 29/07/2019

Pros

We have been using the Chronogolf platform since its creation in 2012. We are proud to say we help create the product by giving our opinion on the upgrade that needed to be done in the golf management system industry. Nowadays, the program has evolved to a much more complete system that gives your business flexibility in sales creativity. It’s a great system which makes the tee time booking a lot more efficient for the client and our staff. It also provides you the possibility of promoting your golf course online, which gives you the power of managing your quiet time of the day and increase your sales. The system itself is user friendly and easy to use, whether it’s from booking reservation to events and tournaments, online payments, email bank, technical support, player and pricing options, statistics, market segmentation, reports and way more! The variety of options that Chronogolf offers to its users is like no other product on the market. It is a real marketing tool for your business, combined with his own POS (Lightspeed) to give you the full business tool package you need!

Cons

They take their time to release certain features but I cannot complain since they release features that are so integral to our day to day business.

Matt S.

The Customer service is unparalleled in the industry, with up-to-the-minute response times

Reviewed on 29/07/2019

We are in our third season using Chronogolf and Lightspeed POS. The cloud based software is easy accessible and user friendly. And the company, in itself, is innovative, constantly adding new features and improvements that make running a golf course Pro Shop more efficient and effective. We look forward to seeing new features and innovations in the future, with the goal of creating the best possible experience for our customers, with the support of Chronogolf!

Pros

- Chronogolf / Lightspeed Retail / Lightspeed Restaurant - user friendly and there are constant improvements / innovations
- Packages and Subscription module - easy to use, track and manage
- House Accounts - automatic payments are very valuable to our operation
- Lightspeed Restaurant - a good way to manage a restaurant / bar in an efficient and effective manner
- Promo Codes - are a great way to track and manage promotions and discounts for customers

Cons

- The Sync between the tee sheet and Lightspeed Restaurant is not always automatic, which impacts the management of our Loyalty Program.
- We would like to see certain improvements in the Dynamic Pricing module, but since this has been newly introduced, I would like to wait and see the additional features they add
- The app is not yet up to speed in terms of performance compared to the current app we are using

Ryan H.

I would recommend Chronogolf. I've used many other tools, and this is such a great software!

Reviewed on 30/08/2019

Pros

1) I really enjoy having different colors on the tee sheet to distinguish the different player types. Helps us quickly look at tee sheet to roughly see how many members we have playing, etc.
2) I like the fact that it is cloud based. Having the ability to access our information anytime/anywhere makes it that much easier when I'm not around the shop at all times. I can be on the course, at home, on vacation and still access the tee sheet and other information.
3) Some other neat features that I like is the ability to broadcast the tee sheet on a tv. Our customers really enjoy seeing their name up on the tv and they know who they follow and where we stand with tee times. Another feature is the ability to clone tee times. Makes it really quick when booking multiple tee times rather than having to enter all information for each time.
4) Very user friendly, makes it very easy for staff to quickly learn!
5) The way memberships are set up are very simple as well to be able to have them be automatically withdrawn. Basically I can set it up and don't have to worry about it! The radar feature is great as it will tell us when monthly payments don't get taken out, etc.

Cons

Like all software programs, there are minor bugs that come up here and there. Sometimes we see a little bit of a lag with Lightspeed, but it can all be resolved! The support staff is so helpful and available when you need them!

Chad S.

Great cloud based system with clean UI

Reviewed on 15/06/2017

Pros

Cloud based! Can be accessed from any device from anywhere. Tee sheet and booking procedure is easy and looks great. Pleasing to the eye and very intuitive in nature. Creating tee times and rates are a bit of a process but once you get the flow it becomes second nature. Creating tournaments and events are simple and can be accessed online. Reporting and statistical information is wonderful and easy to access. Has wonderful features for promotions that work great especially if you have punch cards or multiple round deals. Customer service response is timely and helpful.

Cons

UI on a phone is buggy. Needs it's own dedicated app. Limited features compared to other golf software. Lightspeed POS has limitations and isn't tailored towards a golf operations unique set of requirements. Online booking procedure for guests differs from other software but still does the job.

Response from Chronogolf

Hey Chad! Thank you for taking the time to review Chronogolf - it means a lot to us.

We're getting great feedback on our punchcard/package features, and we're rolling out some exciting features over the summer that you'll appreciate.

As for the UI on the phone, we're actually releasing a native app in the coming weeks. We'll make sure to include you in the private beta launch!

7.0/10
Derek M.

Everything is more efficient. It's accessible at any time.

Reviewed on 25/07/2019

The onboarding process for us went very smoothly and the team and Chronogolf was very helpful and on the phone whenever we need them.

Pros

A lot of things that people were saying to us about Chronogolf were positive. We realized that we could utilize our tee sheet a little more effectively. One of the things that I really like about Chronogolf is that it is cloud-based which makes it easy to access from anywhere. The other thing is the openness to feedback where certain features weren't available at the time , but we kept getting feedback from the Chronogolf team that they might not be able to introduce these features right away, but it was in the process of being built and that word has held true. If there are any problems my staff is having, I don't have to be at the office to solve them. Our members absolutely loved it because they are able to go online and make reservations. It reduced phone calls that we were getting in the Proshop.

Cons

We are very happy with all the systems we have in place. Even though you have to jump from the tee sheet to the Point of Sale, it's not such a big deal, it's only a tab away. I can't wait for what's to come!

Ray G.

Easiest decision of the year.

Reviewed on 27/09/2019

Pros

We have been using Chronogolf for a few months now, after we decided it was time to make a change from our previous system. Our main reasoning came down to the fact that Chronogolf, when compared to our last provider, is much smaller and provides superior support. After experiencing past outages, and technical difficulty, we find it amazing that Chronogolf is always keeping us informed with what new innovations they are adding to the tee sheet, and even letting us know when an outage is experienced (which is rare).

Apart from service, it has been a great convenience to be able to access the tee sheet from anywhere. With two lodges, two golf courses, and a reservations department all in separate locations, this is an absolute must have tool. This even allows for our superintendents to access the tee sheet from their phones, so we can keep them updated with the level of play we are experiencing on any given day.

Finally, we see Chronogolf as a company that is willing to take on the addition of features that we require in our operation. With most of our play positioned as high-end tourism, we require a large amount of information in each booking. It has been great to work with a team that his willing and able to customize their offering, and take on suggestions. This is something I could never see us having the ability to do with our last provider.

Cons

The only suggestion that I could foresee, would be to improve the mobile phone / tablet display. The web-page displays with some of the features overlapped. A back of house app would be great as well.

Gilles R.

Chronogolf gives us the chance to improve our current structure

Reviewed on 29/01/2019

Overall, being a 9-hole course, Chronogolf allows us to offer 9-hole and 18-hole bookings to our guests without creating conflict on the booking page and allowing us to optimize all tee times. Many golfers now use technology to improve their technique, keep track of their scores, make reservations online. Technology is evolving fast and Chronogolf's expert team is helping us keep up to date in this area.

Pros

The software allows every employee to focus on doing their job, which is to get golfers on time and make sure they respect playing time. The Chronogolf / Lighspeed partnership is also a key point in the management of our club. This allows us to output accurate data from different periods of the year. All of these results can easily point us to future choices in order to adopt the best strategy for the next season.

Cons

I use the support chat to make suggestion from time to time, and Chronogolf understands that each course operates differently and may have different needs.

Tj G.

The Chronogolf platform is very flexible and reliable

Reviewed on 29/07/2019

Pros

I appreciate the fact that if there isn't something me or my staff can figure out, I can reach out to their Live Chat Support and they will do everything to regulate the problem for us. They are a reliable source of information and knowledge. They are also available very regularly.
The membership structure on Chronogolf is easy and transparent. It makes our membership management better and it makes booking online very easy for our members, new and old alike.
I love the integration with Lightspeed and the fact that we can have house accounts for our members that can be viewed efficiently and accurately. The integration with the Point of Sale is excellent for our inventory management and control.

Cons

Can't think of any. I enjoy every aspect of the software, any suggestions I have had have been met with sincere consideration and often appear in regular software updates.

Jacques H.

The online reservation for tee times save valuable time and energy

Reviewed on 31/07/2019

I am happy to have introduced Chronogolf into our golf course’s operations.

Pros

One of the things I enjoy about the Chronogolf software is the occupancy report per player type, which gives us details of our most busy periods during the season. We can also navigate easily through the calendar to quickly see the events and tournaments for the year. The online reservation platform also allows members to see who they are playing with for any tee time reservations in the future. Even for visitors and guests, we collect emails, phone numbers or any relevant information, which allows us to send unique deals. I find it useful to choose colors for the different player types, which also catches the eye on the tee sheet to help the staff identify members. This small thing improves the member's experience at our golf course.

Cons

Nothing specific I dislike, the features are great.

Brent M.

Highly recommended for any course.

Reviewed on 29/01/2019

Pros

Having worked with a number of software packages in the golf industry I can say that Chronogolf is definitely the most user friendly and intuitive. The integration options only serve to enhance its capabilities. Being a newly constructed course it is great to see that they are willing to work with our business as we continue to grow. With any system there will inevitably be functions that require additional training above and beyond the initial set up stage, and I can happily say that the live support has made this effortless and timely. Reporting options from Chronogolf allows for a quick view of Key Metrics while Lightspeed allows for more specific sales reports to scrutinize each category.

Cons

While both Chronogolf and Lightspeed both operate efficiently and communicate in real time I could see potential benefits to working with one software provider. That being said they are always working on upgrades and additional functions to improve the user experience. Would highly recommend for any course.

Guy D.

The biggest strength of the program, is its simplicity!

Reviewed on 30/09/2019

No other system, in my experience, can offer such an inclusive all-in-one solution for the needs of our golf course. From the inventory management to booking tee times, nothing offers such an easy and comprehensive experience.

Pros

The intuitive nature of the platform allows both the players and the business owner to experience smooth and pain free interactions. The feedback from our customers has been terrific and both management and staff have had no issues adapting to the use of the many features available. Chronogolf and Lightspeed works seamlessly and the design and integrations are clear, easy on the eye and easy to navigate.

Cons

There are a lot of new updates and features added that we need to adapt, it is constantly changing and mostly for the better. Luckily, when this comes up, the Chronogolf support team is always available to help us understand and adapt to these fantastic additions.

Jenifer W.

Chronogolf is a tee-sheet management system that actually cares about their clients!

Reviewed on 08/02/2018

When we partnered with Chronogolf they were still a young company and not all of the features we needed were there, but they have been great at growing with us and constantly upgrading to provide a better product.

Pros

I love how easy it is to use, it's pretty much fool proof! It's very intuitive and all of my employees pick up on it quickly, especially all the millennials joining the work force.

The super clean and tidy interface is also very easy to explain to customers and we have found our web-based bookings have increased due to this.

I also love that they are continually in touch with updates and take the time to ask what feature their clients need or want to see next. The personal touch goes a long way! That's what we as golf course operators provide for our customers so it is nice to see a tee-sheet management company who does the same for their clients.

Donna C.

We love Chronogolf!

Reviewed on 27/09/2019

Pros

The Canaan Country Club recently ran an anniversary special which was extremely successful in bringing in many new members. With the sudden rise in memberships, we needed to find a tee time system that would keep us organized. We chose Chronogolf by Lightspeed and we LOVE it! This program is so user friendly, which was exactly what we needed, as we have a few employees who have never even used a computer before! Our club has never used a tee time system either, but this program was so easy to learn that it made a very smooth transition for us. Every feature and function in this program works together to make booking tee times simple and easy, while keeping you organized in the shop and on the course. My favorite feature is the Customer Support chat box located in the corner of the program window which offers live help whenever needed. The customer support team is a great comfort to us. I would recommend this program to any golf course.

Cons

Haveyet to find something we don't like about the software!

Zac C.

Chronogolf is proactive and not reactive.

Reviewed on 01/02/2019

Pros

Chronogolf has been great so far, I have spent a fair amount of time working with rep. that being over the phone, or via email as well. We went through a seminar together on introducing me to the program, as I came to the position I am in while Chronogolf has already been put into place at the golf course. After the seminar, I have found that the software is super user-friendly and understandable. I just needed some direction in the beginning but it was easy to get help from rep. as he was available pretty much whenever I needed. So kudos to him for that!

Cons

We would like an easier way to see rounds per player but things are being put in place for that so that is great to hear.

Dave A.

I have used GolfNow and I would recommend Chronogolf system to any golf course operation.

Reviewed on 07/03/2019

I would also like to mention the customer service is fantastic. CSR and others are quick with responding to my emails, always doing follow ups on issues that I had. These issues were on improving my knowledge of the operating system, web page performance and how to maximize Chronogolf for my needs and to improve our marketing needs.

Pros

I have used Chronogolf for one golf season here in Ontario, Canada. I have come to enjoy working with the system. The program is very user friendly and fast when dealing with phone bookings. The ease of going from Chronogolf to Lightspeed POS to the any other part of the system (customer list, inventory, pricing, etc) is fast and easy to navigate.

Cons

There were some questions about the marketing tool that CSR helped me with. He checks up on us and makes sure we are aware of the new features and making sure we are using the software to its full potential.

Charles C.

Chronogolf has helped enhance my business!

Reviewed on 20/11/2018

Pros

Chronogolf is a great system which makes the check-in process efficient in the golf shop. Our members love the fact that you can manage your own profile and see up to the minute account information. The features you can utilize between notes on the tee sheets, package options, email and text to your customers, etc, are great features that make Chronogolf unique. One of the best parts of Chronogolf is the ability to real-time chat with customer service. A lot of companies sell you a package and make it difficult to service that product. However, Chronogolf is accessible and quick to service and stand behind their product. That is one of the best selling features of this system!

Cons

I would like to see some changes in the Food & Beverage POS but other than that everything is working in harmony.

Nathalie C.

The customer service is excellent!

Reviewed on 08/08/2019

We have selected the Chronogolf platform to modernize the amenities at our golf club and we are very happy with our choice.

Pros

The tee sheet is very intuitive and my team understands the operations very quickly. I really like the ability to modify reservations by changing the date or tee time with a simple drag & drop. The packages, the memberships, the emails and the SMS feature are all options that have improved the daily life of our operations. The platform continues to evolve with new features every month and administrators at Chronogolf are very attentive to our needs.

Cons

I am satisfied with the software. The Chronogolf team addresses our issues very quickly on the support chat.

Marie-claude M.

The support team is always available to answer our questions at any time.

Reviewed on 06/08/2019

We handle a large restaurant for events and using the Lightspeed Restaurant integration with Chronogolf has been very helpful to manage credit accounts.

Pros

We have been working for several years with Chronogolf, Lightspeed Retail & Restaurant and we do not regret our choice! Having multiple events and weddings per day, we needed a complete solution for Food & Beverage and the Restaurant POS is perfect for our needs. The Chronogolf software is easy to use for both the managers and the staff. The Chronogolf team is proactive and improves their software many times per year.

Cons

Every software has their small issues, however the Chronogolf team is always there to fix our problems quickly.

Guy L.

Chronogolf is easy to use and completes our day-to-day operations!

Reviewed on 28/08/2019

Since the arrival of Chonogolf at our golf course, our employees benefit from a tool of the highest performance! We are happy with the decision we made.e

Pros

Chronogolf is an excellent online booking software for managing reservations at the proshop. The fact that members have access to their profile online, the ability to take notes on reservations and send emails to customers directly from the tee sheet are just some of the many benefits of having this robust software at our golf course. Moreover, the ability to chat live with Chronogolf agents is without a doubt the main advantage.

Cons

We want to add the POS integration to Chronogolf to facilitate payments and inventory management.

Donald S.

Great integrated software!

Reviewed on 30/09/2019

Pros

We love the Chronogolf and Lightspeed softwares for its cloud-based solution and aesthetic. It is also easy for non-technical users to learn the platform. Inventory management is also a big plus as it is easy to use and it responds well and fast. The online booking allows us to have more time on our hands to do other things at the proshop because we have less phone calls. For us, it's a perfect solution for a small business that needs a tee sheet management software and a great POS.

Cons

No specific cons, they update the software regularly and the support chat is there 7 days a week if we have an issue.