EmailOctopus

Easy-to-use, affordable email marketing tool.

4.8/5
4.4/5
4.6/5
4.7/5

Alfred

Cost-effective Email Marketing Tool

Reviewed on 13/11/2022

I was impressed because this tool is flexible and easy to use. Automation and segmentation have helped us to create and send targeted emails to our subscribers. And this was a great savior to our business because our email list have exploded. And their web-based program is easy and flexible.

Pros

I love the email editor because it allows you to build both HTML text and simple plain-text emails. Also, it's affordable. Their customer support is also outstanding. Whenever I have questions they will answer them accordingly.

Cons

I like everything about this software. I recommend it to anyone looking for an email marketing tool. It is worth your bucks.

Ahmed

The most to-the-point software I have ever used

Reviewed on 25/10/2022

My overall experience is very positive; I wished that I had switched earlier

Pros

EmailOctopus comes as an acronym for value-for-money; it does the job as efficient as a $4k/month software but doesn't leave the guilt when skipping some campaigns

Cons

With a lack of direct integrations, using Zapier is easy but costly. However, they provide a straightforward API that I'm planning to make use of, but of course, it'd be even better to have direct integration available

Amazon SES, MailerLite, Sendinblue and GetResponse

Reasons for Choosing EmailOctopus

- Pricing- Pricing- Pricing- Overcharging - Simplicity of EmailOctopus that fits my exact needs

Reasons for Switching to EmailOctopus

The only one that beat EmailOctopus pricing was SES, but it requires building all the features that EmailOctopus has from the ground up; all the others came short at pricing and other features.
Andrew

Best & Economic

Reviewed on 14/12/2022

Pros

It is easy to use. And cheaper when compared to the other tools in the market

Cons

There can be more templates and editor can be slightly better

Jan Sigetty
  • Industry: Publishing

Unfair comparison with Mailchimp

Reviewed on 28/09/2018

I like it, but that's because I found workarounds.

Fx. I design the NewsLetter in MailChimp and copy/paste the HTML. It works fine that way.

Pros

I moved from MailChimp, because of the price tag. Octopus is way cheaper, but it's still possible to send the same quality emails and that's​ great.

Cons

1. A better interface to make your own template/design. Limitations in fonts, sizes, etc

2. List features are limited. No way to create segments or groups based on subscriber data.

3. Regarding reports: A graphic overview of where the clicks are placed.

Response from EmailOctopus

Hi Jan,

Thanks for the feedback. We have some good news on the campaign editor- we've just launched our new drag & drop email builder.

It's only in Beta at the moment, however I've added it to your account and you'll be able to use it in your next campaign.

More updates to come based on your feedback, too.

Thanks again,

Tom

Ian

Everythin we Need

Reviewed on 24/10/2022

We have used email octopus for many years. I can't comment on the support - because we have never really needed them - their product just runs properly and without issues. We use it for a lot of things, but primarily for email lists for our users and list management. Their API was easy to integrate into our app, and it makes things really smooth and easy.

Pros

Easy to use, almost never a bug, affordable

Cons

UI can be a bit weird, but is super minor. Its a really great product

Reasons for Choosing EmailOctopus

Constant contact was expensive, limited, and we always seemed to have to contact support.

Constant Contact

Reasons for Switching to EmailOctopus

We chose email Cotopus for the cost factor originally, but grew to appreciate how well their product works
Thibault
  • Used Monthly for 1+ year

If you found Mailchimp being overcomplicated, you gonna love EmailOctopus

Reviewed on 31/10/2022

Pros

For me, EmailOctopus is like what Mailchimp was, and what it was great about. Doing email campaigns and doing it right. EmailOctopus is that. And we love it.

Cons

It does one thing great but I would have love a bit of more user friendlyness regarding the list management.

Ashley

Very Satisfied after trying 4 other companies.

Reviewed on 29/01/2023

Pros

they gave me a chance when 3 other companies kicked me off before even talking to me.

Cons

took a long time to get approved to use their company.

Daniel

Solid email marketing software

Reviewed on 21/12/2022

Pros

The ease of use and support is awesome. Makes it very user friendly and a must have

Cons

Well, everyone needs to spend less, right?

Sydni

Lifesaver!

Reviewed on 27/01/2023

The business problem that EmailOctopus is helping me to solve is the automation of creating an email list with each e-book purchase that I receive.

Pros

I decided to give EmailOctopus a try when I found it listed as an option to manage my email list post-sales from payhip.com. As someone just starting out, I was excited to find an option with features that would allow me to grow with cost effective packages.

Cons

I currently have no cons to mention at this time.

Chris

A satisfied switch to EO!

Reviewed on 07/12/2022

The support team was great! They even honored a discount code I presented them. So far, I love the product!

Pros

I love the ease of setting up new campaigns as well as organizing my audiences.

Cons

None really. I supposed the email templates were limited in designs.

Jargon

This is the one!

Reviewed on 17/02/2021

10/10

Pros

EmailOctopus was SOOOOOO easy to use! I love it. I came over discouraged AF from trying MailChimp. Anyone whoever used MailChimp either has a degree in the software or hired someone. It is ridiculously difficult to use and it embeds itself into everything. EmailOctopus is so simple and effective. I got real-time results and I ended up making quite a bit of money emailing old customers. I will definitely be using EmailOctobus from here on out.

Cons

The only thing I didn't like is that I didn't find it sooner.

Reasons for Choosing EmailOctopus

MailChimp was too difficult to use

Reasons for Switching to EmailOctopus

EmailOctupus is easy to use and doesn't require much setup. Zero headaches, zero nonsense
Elle
  • Industry: Writing & Editing

Excellent Options for Newsletters!

Reviewed on 24/10/2022

I couldn't have asked for a better experience. I'm proud of the email marketing I do, and--once again--I feel so good about working with this company, because I can see that they honor their values. I'm at the beginning of my career so this past year has seen a lot of growth, and EO has grown right alongside me. Looking forward to many more years!

Pros

I *love* the way my newsletter looks, and I appreciate the streamlined management system. I also just adore this company and the fact that they give back to the community. Every employee I've spoken to has been kind, helpful, and friendly.

Cons

As an author who's constantly learning, I follow many of my fellow authors' newsletters, so I notice that there are a few features that other newsletter programs have which are not--to my knowledge--on EmailOctopus. Yet. In the year+ that I've used EO, I've seen them add features fairly regularly.

MailerLite and Mailchimp

Reasons for Switching to EmailOctopus

Much more beginner-friendly pay structure; more accessible & friendly staff; environmentally conscious.
Mary

I traded the monkey for an octopus and never looked back.

Reviewed on 24/10/2022

Overall I am thrilled to bits, and I am sure as time goes on that the software is only going to get better and better. I have suggested to many of my clients that they consider Email Octopus for their marketing emails provider.

Pros

I am a solopreneur who is in the process of building her email empire. At the moment, I have an absolutely tiny email list. I was really struggling to find a company that could meet my needs as someone just getting started. So many other providers were so expensive that I could not justify the cost of the program. Email Octopus is a company that will grow with me - and won't break my budget once I get to where I want to be. Building emails is simple - it works just like other drag-n-drop email builders, but the difference is that it is somehow even easier to use. The landing page builder is also simple and functional. The couple of interactions I have had with the Email Octopus team have been overwhelmingly positive.

Cons

Audience segmentation leaves some things to be desired. While Email Octopus is on par with Constant Contact and Flodesk in terms of segmentation, they don't have as many customization options as MailChimp. This isn't a problem for me right now at this stage, but it is something that I am a little worried about for the future.

Constant Contact and Mailchimp

Reasons for Switching to EmailOctopus

Price, ease of use, and the fact that they can grow with me.
Brian
  • Industry: Automotive

Small Agency ESP Review

Reviewed on 11/09/2020

Very positive.

Pros

We use EmailOctopus for our small agency to send our newsletters and other targeted email campaigns. Their tool is extremely easy to use and is very cost efficient for small agencies that have to watch every penny. Plus the are continually adding new features to the platform which makes the value increase every quarter!

Cons

Would like the ability to create sub-accounts. And it's a bummer to pay a foreign transaction fee every month.

Chameleon, SendGrid and Emma

Better value

Reasons for Switching to EmailOctopus

Easy decision. EmailOctupus offered the best value for our agency.
Matt

Email Octopus Is A Top Notch Service Provider

Reviewed on 15/07/2022

Good overall and I will continue to be a client as long as I can be.

Pros

From the ease of signing up, uploading my leads, and creating my first campaign I have really enjoyed using this service. Their support staff is very personal and they work one-on-one with me in a prompt and polite manner. They listen to my issues or concerns and take the time to explain the answers to me. It has been a pleasure working with Email Octopus and I plan to continue to do so for many years to come.

Cons

When configuring the lead capture form I could not figure out how to set the width of the form fields, or design the form to fit the area on my page for it. I had to instead remove a paragraph on necessary information from the page and design my page around their form.

Jasmine

The Best Software I’ve used

Reviewed on 26/10/2022

Pros

The interface is easy to use and the email sending is easy to access. Unlike other email platforms I’ve tried, I love that there is a minimum amount of subscribers you must have before you must buy the paid plan. Nothing is complicated about this. It’s a great tool.

Cons

I wish there was a mobile app but other than that, nothing is wrong with it.

Heather
  • Industry: Luxury Goods & Jewelry

Best Newsletter For Beginners

Reviewed on 24/10/2022

Pros

Free edition has so much going for it. It's easy to use and helps me cut down on wasted time by scheduling campaigns. Love how you can also edit each template to fit you business theme. Bonus, you get 2500 subscribers free until you have to start paying. Best newsletter for small business starting out.

Cons

Wish I could edit the mobile preview on the template without changing the entire campaign.

SugarCRM Mailchimp Integration

Reasons for Switching to EmailOctopus

Easy to use and pricing was cheaper if I go over the free subscriber limit.
Gavin

EmailOctopus are very good

Very good.

Pros

Easy to use and plenty of analytics. Works well.

Cons

The ability to search all of your email lists for emails instead of having to search each list individually.

Mailchimp Transactional Email

Better value
Christopher
  • Industry: Medical Devices

Long time user!

Reviewed on 24/10/2022

Pros

Cost containment while still receiving a professional product.

Cons

Integration with Amazon web services was a bit intimidating for a novice.

Cost.

Cost.
Silvia
  • Industry: Writing & Editing

It helped to take my business to the next level

Reviewed on 24/10/2022

Pros

It was intuitive and easy to use and set up, the learning curve is low.

Cons

Definitely, the editing & formatting of the templates. This have drived me crazy sometimes.I found it hard even after creating and automatized lots of emails already.I haven't managed to "set up" a predefined format, to use it in my new emails.I know you can save your customized templates once you worked on them. But, for instance, if I have on my email a certain color and font, and then I edit and add some new paragraph, this one is added in the original predefined color and font, not in the color and font I'm using, and this is really annoying.It might be possible fix this, but I still haven't find an intuitive way to do it!

Phillip
  • Industry: Consumer Electronics

CEO

Reviewed on 28/10/2020

Pros

not as expensive! it's easy to use and works great! Never had a problem with it and always have had good success with it.

Cons

I'd like some more functionality but I understand if I need to pay to get those things.

less expensive

less expensive
Leslie

We love EmailOctopus

Very happy.

Pros

We set up email octopus to automatically update our lists from various Google Sheets generated from our CRM and transaction backups. We also use the landing pages to build our lists. The analytics are well organized and easy to understand. The interface is user friendly. It's an affordable alternative to the "big guys." Customer service has also been very good. We have been very happy with the product.

Cons

Templates cannot be organized into categories or tagged. It's hard to find an old one you used before and want to use again.

Jesse
  • Company size: 1,001-5,000 Employees

Email Octopus Review

Reviewed on 19/10/2020

Pros

Ease of use, effectiveness, sends emails efficiently and quickly. The ability to choose from templates or create your own is a great feature! Being able to see who has been sent an email, see when they opened it, and if they clicked on any links is such a wonderful feature for our school! Great costumer service as well. This is the first time our company has ever used an email platform software and it has made my job so much more efficient and the communication between our entire membership and school has never been stronger before! On top of that, I finally get to do something in my position that is creative, I love playing around with the templates and adding my special touches, it has helped me bring fun into my job!

Cons

I would of loved more flexibility in creating my own templates, some features as far as how the emails look but other than that nothing!

The BEST Email Platform for "Large Audience" Campaigns for Starter Businesses

Reviewed on 28/09/2018

I have had a wonderful experience, as for this pricing, there is no service I've found that can "go fast" from the get go and start sending large quantities of mail to your lists.

Pros

The number 1 key of this software is their unique ability to plug into your Amazon Email Platform account. This allows you to send out MANY MANY more emails on a daily basis than any other platform I have come across. Not to mention the ease of ability to upload the lists from wherever you have built them before.

Cons

The biggest difficulty is that there are not comprehensive statistics set up in the back office to individually see what emails are opening and reading your emails. Or the ones that are clicking. That is a step down from where I was before.

Aneesa
  • Industry: Apparel & Fashion

Highly Recommend Email Octopus

Reviewed on 29/03/2022

Excellent - we have had a couple of questions which seem to be answered almost instantly. Also, the software is constantly being iterated on and has improved materially even since we joined (e.g. the addition of segmentation).

Pros

Very easy to use with high deliverability and has almost all features that it's competing for a fraction of the cost.

Cons

I would love to see the ability to re-send to subscribers who didn't open.