Omnisend

Write a Review!
Marketing automation for smart ecommerce marketers

4.5/5
4.5/5
4.6/5
4.6/5

Cristian
Cristian

Seems very well build, has a lot of options

Reviewed on 27/04/2023

Pros

I have used Onmisend for a too small amount of time, unfortunately. From my short experience with it, it's a very complete software and now that I review it, I realize that I should probably give it a second chance in another project. The only reason that I didn't get to use it more is because my team was already used to MailChimp and we didn't have too much time to switch tools. But I have a new project in the next 2 months, that will start from 0, and will be giving the software a try for sure. They have SMS campaigns, which is why I was drawn to it in the first place.

Cons

Nothing to dislike, to be honest. It seems like a very complete set of software, priced decently and all.

MailerLite, Mailgun and Mailchimp

• Industry: Food & Beverages

Omnisend review

Reviewed on 28/11/2022

My overall experiance is very good. I would recomende the product to other people or should i say i already did. We are currently running 4 websites on it and we will be doing more. So in my book they have a loyal customer. And yes we have tried others.

Pros

Price for performance doesn't come close to anyone. I think it is right there with Klaviyo but it is a lot cheaper. So that would be the part. Also i ti quite simple to use and to set up. The support is also very responsive but somethimes they don't have all ther right answers. But nevertheles they are there to help.

Cons

My least favorite feature is that i can't search by phone number in the contacts but you have to create a segment. I think the search needs a little work.

Reasons for Choosing Omnisend

Mailchimp is really awfull. I can't bare it.

Best price/ performance
Julie
  • Industry: Wholesale

It's good for now

It's okay so far.

It's okay so far.

Pros

I like the design of the email templates.

Cons

The ease of creating and sharing link for landing pages could be more user friendly. There is currently no way to create a link for landing pages.

Flodesk, MailerLite and Mailchimp

Reasons for Choosing Omnisend

I wanted to use a software with a better design.

Reasons for Switching to Omnisend

The design of the emails were fitting for fashion.
Ellie
  • Industry: Food & Beverages

Personalized Support & Ease of Use

Reviewed on 28/11/2022

Overall we have been very happy with our decision to switch to Omnisend. It gives us the ability to measure success of our campaigns and automations, create forms, and manage our contacts within one single platform. They are open to feedback and make platform changes accordingly.

Pros

Our account manager is very reliable, responsive, and helpful. Client Support is also very useful when needed. The platform overall is intuitive and easy to use. Omnisend is always seeking feedback and implementing changes to improve the platform, which I very much appreciate!

Cons

There are some reporting opportunities that could increase efficiency in evaluating metrics. Small features within the platform could be improved upon for a better UX, such as editing a campaign or sending a test email once it's been scheduled, scheduling automations in advance, and customizability of the new email builder.

Reasons for Choosing Omnisend

Personica was not able to integrate with Shopify and properly track sales.

Reasons for Switching to Omnisend

Ease of use, pricing, platform navigation.
Heather

Omnisend is great! Highly recommend!

Reviewed on 30/08/2022

Omnisend has been great! I have friends trying to get me to switch to their provider all the time but they haven't used Omnisend and I'm hesitant to move anywhere when it's so easy to use and the customer service is so great. If it's not broken, don't fix it - right?!

Pros

The process of moving my emails over in the beginning was seamless. I love the copy feature so I'm not making a new email each week. I can just replace the content with relevant content to my new email campaign. Customer service is always very helpful and available through chat instead of waiting for an email that might not even answer the question I have (that's why I switched from my old provider).

Cons

The only issue I ever had was trying to type inside the content box, but they have since fixed that so it's no longer an issue.

Hilik

A whole in one - best email marketing solution for agencies and ecommerce

Reviewed on 29/11/2022

Excellent.

Excellent.

Pros

The customer support is excellent. The product itself is user-friendly and easy to use.The automation and segmentation options are advanced and provide great solutions for effective marketing.

Cons

Compared to other software, I'm all satisfied and have no issues.

Constant Contact, Klaviyo and Mailchimp

Reasons for Choosing Omnisend

The other software did not have the same features, automation options, and personal support as I have with Omnisend.

Constant Contact and Mailchimp

Reasons for Switching to Omnisend

I needed an ecommerce platform and also one that can support me as an agency with multiple customers from different industries.Omnisend had the best offer and the features were completing my needs. The intro meeting and demo answered all my questions positively.
Diana
  • Industry: Sporting Goods

Is Omnisend right for you?

Reviewed on 03/08/2019

Omnisend has made my email marketing automated so I spend less time on the emails.

Pros

I have been using several email campaign providers for the past 10 years yet none have had the best customer service, a simple set up and amazing templates that you can customize. As a newbie to the software it can be intimidating but the youtube videos are so helpful. If you get stuck Omnisend has great customer service very polite and they respond very quickly. It was also easy to set up. I had to use an API to transfer my information to Omnisend so I just followed the directions. The Omnisend directions give you print screens so it makes it that much easier to follow. Lastly, Omnisend has easy to use templates just drag and drop. Thank you, creators, of Omnisend for taking the time to hear what the email marketers need!

Cons

This software is easy to use and can feel that you are doing something wrong. Also if you need major tech support they do take a day to answer and that can be stressful if you need them as soon as possible.

Nuno

Omnisend Competes with big names at a more affordable price

Reviewed on 12/12/2021

Omnisend was an angel from the sky. It helped me to create great abandoned cart emails and flows. Its intelligence allowed me to create with easiness A/B tests to rapidly find the best sequence to use.

My revenue from email sky rocked, not only recovering abandoned carts but also when broadcasting content emails

Pros

Omnisend has a lot of features. Flow automation for me was is one of the best in the market, you can do almost everything with it.
It is a powerful tool for abandoned cart recovery, but also to do cross-sells! It integrates perfectly with Shopify and it only charges you for your active users (the ones that really subscribed to the mailing list and not all your store clients)

Cons

I found it a little bit difficult to work with forms, landing pages, and the email editor. IT is not very easy to work with them and options that are available for forms are a little bit limited. Also, there are some limitations when working and creating customer segments

Reasons for Switching to Omnisend

To be true it main reason was the pricing and the fact how Omnisend billed my account.
Fraser
Fraser

Good email service for shopify sites

Reviewed on 22/12/2019

Once a template is established it makes running a newsletter easier than some competitors - very quick and easy to send out and was a better choice than Mailchimp for an ecommerce brand

Pros

It makes good looking emails very quickly and integrates well with Shopify. Support is also very quick and helpful

Cons

It does not have very good selection of optin forms and the formatting available is quite poor so this could definitely be improved

Mailchimp stopped their Spotify integration

Reasons for Switching to Omnisend

Klaviyo were very uninterested in engaging with me because we started with a small list
Brittany
Brittany

Omnisend Great for Small e-Commerce Businesses

Reviewed on 30/11/2022

Pros

Omnisend is a great email marketing and SMS option for small or e-Commerce businesses who are looking to convert their followers to their email list and drive sales. You can target your audience, create discount codes and automation in their easy-to-use drag-and-drop email builder. There are also plenty of pre-set email templates you can use and customize for your business which makes getting started very easy.

Cons

It's limited in what you can do in the email builder, I like to see more options to use gifs and videos right in the email that doesn't have to be uploaded to YouTube first. Video clips seem to be the way of the world for effective email marketing right now.

MailerLite, Klaviyo and Mailchimp

Reasons for Choosing Omnisend

Needed a way to easily communicate with my audience and comply with Canada email laws

Reasons for Switching to Omnisend

They have a great partners feature that allows me to manage all of my email marketing accounts from one login
Nate
  • Industry: Apparel & Fashion

seamless marketing platform with Affordable pricing

Reviewed on 04/08/2019

Great experience and enjoy the consistent and reliable automated email marketing that frees up my time

Pros

Cons

The email templates that you build do not always look the same when you open them on mobile devices. Specifically, I noticed the mail app on Apple Iphone's do not display the email in the same way that the gmail app would display it.

ClickFunnels and Mailchimp

Reasons for Choosing Omnisend

Omnisend's features are superior in quality and cost.

Reasons for Switching to Omnisend

Omnisend's features are superior in quality and cost. The seamless experience and its simplicity in the to design and automate email campaigns, and forms.
Kimberly

Omnisend - A good alternative to Mailchimp

Reviewed on 03/08/2019

Our small business has been a paid user of Omnisend for 2 years now and I really love how everything works well and get our mailers and abandoned cart emails delivered to customers' inboxes on time!

Pros

I like that the staff are very prompt and attentive to our inquiries and that the email automation actually works (not being categorised as 'spam' by email providers) with reports of opening and clicking rate.

Cons

I wish there was a one-click button option for us to request for installation or integration of the Omnisend mailers with our website as it is quite frustrating to have to manually request in the chat system everytime we change our site template.

Apart from that, I think it would be good if the automation form could auto-generate a promo code everytime a customers registers a valid email address with us so customers do not have to wait for the email containing the discount to purchase with us.

Erika

Great email platform! Would recommend

Reviewed on 25/08/2022

Pros

It is very easy to use and I am able to drag and drop different sections into my email which allows for easy customization. I can easy duplicate previous emails to keep the template that I have used in the past. There are also new templates that I can choose from if I am stuck. Good price for everything that it offers and it links to my website.

Cons

being able to disable the SMS part for a slight discount and being able to sort contacts easier.

WordPress

Reasons for Choosing Omnisend

This product seemed easier to use and allowed me to have more contacts in the system.

Pearl

I recommend this to all my clients

Reviewed on 30/11/2022

Easy to use, value for money email software for ecomm brands

Easy to use, value for money email software for ecomm brands

Pros

I love how easy it is to use and set up especially as an agency consistently setting this up for clients.

Cons

There are some features not available for web stores not built with Shopify. Would love to see more features for more platforms like woocommerce. But, that being said, they are constantly updating this.

Reasons for Choosing Omnisend

I needed something built for ecommerce that was affordable and easy to deploy for clients

GetResponse and Mailchimp

Reasons for Switching to Omnisend

Pricing and the partner portal functionality.
Jess
  • Industry: Photography

OmniSend, is a god send!

Reviewed on 07/08/2019

Pros

There is a lot that OmniSend does extremely well, we used to use Klaviyo in the past and it was an absolute nightmare, the interface was disgusting and so clunky to use. When we swapped to OmniSend, we honestly will never go back to anything else. OmniSend's interface and ease of use are insane for the price that you pay. Would 100% recommend it to any of my colleagues and continually do!

Cons

As a company with a very strong focus on how things look, there are a few design additions I think that could be added, along with some pre-created templates that are filled with content. Something similar to how MailChimp does it? Just a suggestion!

Reasons for Choosing Omnisend

Previous product was clunky and had a horrible interface.

Tatyana

We love Omnisend!

Reviewed on 16/12/2022

Love Omnisend so much!

Love Omnisend so much!

Pros

Our favorite part is the dedicated account manager - Sydney! She is always looking for ways for us to optimize and helps with any issues that come up! I love having one person who helps us with projects rather than feeling like you are lost in a cog with many other programs/companies.

Cons

Would love more segmentation options, but software is awesome overall!One thing I would love to improve is just having a drop down for time when scheduling a campaign. The current time selector is very sensitive and easy to make a mistake on. Perhaps splitting date and time into two drop downs.

Meryam
  • Industry: Apparel & Fashion

Omnisend is a game changer!

Reviewed on 25/08/2022

We've tried 2 other email platforms prior to and nothing was as easy as omnisend, time is the most valuable thing to a business owner, and Omnisend simply saves me a lot of time.

Pros

We have been using Omnisend for over 2 years now, we integrated it with our shopify store and it has been a breeze. I was a beginner at email marketing and still feel like I am, but Omisend makes me feel like I can get the job done. We love the templates and the drag & drop features. Everything is fast and efficient. We also love the Automations and the ready made templates for those as well.

Cons

There's nothing I dislike about the software, I would suggest more weekly "prompts" to give us fresh ideas on what to send out in our emails, or maybe an automation refresher? Things that can be fixed or adjusted to maximize profits.

Tanya
  • Industry: Consumer Services
  • Company size: 1,001–5,000 Employees

Easy to use, helpful support

Reviewed on 28/11/2022

Omnisend does a wonderful job of walking you through the set up process and explaining how to create the best automations and segments for your use case. [SENSITIVE CONTENT] have been wonderful during our time with Omnisend.

Pros

Automations and campaigns are fairly easy to build out and create. The latest segmentation and filter features allow us to further target our contacts.

Cons

There are some limitations to things that we could use to help us, most notably click maps within automations.

ActiveCampaign, Brevo and Marketo Engage

Reasons for Switching to Omnisend

The business model on send based over contact based (initially), our initial interaction with the sales staff and the willingness to work with us based on our unique needs.
Dolores

Reviewed on 07/12/2022

It has been good so far.

It has been good so far.

Pros

Forms, automation rules, creating segments

Cons

There is still some scope to make the software better for mobile devices, especially for an app that uses dark mode. Wheel of fortune could have more color themes or options to choose custom colors.

Mailchimp stopped supporting Shopify integration

Reasons for Switching to Omnisend

Cheaper than Klaviyo and offers similar features
Nick
  • Industry: Consumer Goods

Best email marketing software that I've used!

Reviewed on 02/08/2019

My overall experience with Omnisend has been amazing. This software has allowed me to automate my email marketing and start building relationships with customers and everyone else who comes in contact with my brand.

Pros

I love that it gives me the ability to visualize my automated workflows before building them out. It allows me to craft our brand experience and customize it for different groups of people.

Cons

Honestly, nothing. So far it has all of the features that I need and more.

Constant Contact

Reasons for Choosing Omnisend

Constant contact did not allow me to customize automated notifications from my Shopify store.

Constant Contact

Reasons for Switching to Omnisend

I chose Omnisend over staying with Constant Contact because of the vast amount of features and customizability.
Nadia

Works fine but still needs improvement

Reviewed on 28/11/2022

I think it works fine for the price.

I think it works fine for the price.

Pros

Pricing is decent + overall basic features work fine as well. Still need a lot more interesting templates and optimizing on both mobile + desktop so so

Cons

would love to be able to speak to a person live if needed if chat gets frustrating. Also need a lot more templates

Reasons for Switching to Omnisend

We have been using it for so long and we are comfortable with the format and pricing is decent
  • Industry: Design

You're in for some billing surprises...

Reviewed on 03/12/2021

Pros

The software itself is really intuitive and useful. I enjoyed it very much.

Cons

This billing issue has really soured my feeling about this company. The monthly price that they show on their account page is wrong. They changed pricing over the years that I have been with them - which is absolutely fine. What isn't okay, however, is that where the pricing is shown on the account page is calculated completely wrong. That means, their website was showing that I would be billed $540 per month, and when the bill came in, it was $690. It's very upsetting to not know what to expect. I reached out to omnisend about this and spoke with [SENSITIVE CONTENT], but they showed me their pricing page, which still has a different number ($640). Their own team couldn't figure out what I should have been paying! Now they are not taking responsibility for updating their own website to match the real bill. If you value knowing how much something costs every month and transparency, I would not go with this company.

Klaviyo and Drip

Jonathan

Why You Should Consider Omnisend

Reviewed on 24/08/2022

Omnisend lets us build our email marketing lists, automate email communications and easily design newsletters, it works very well with Shopify and while prices have increased recently it still represents good value

Pros

Great list and email design management at a price that is more than competitive compared to some of the other big players in this area. The customer service is also very good

Cons

WE have 3 ecommerce stores in different territories - when creating automations and emails it should be easier to copy existing flows and templates from one store account to another - it often feels like this was forgotten in the original build of the software. THe ability add short videos into emails would be good to

Emre
Emre
  • Company size: 1,001–5,000 Employees

Positive experience results

Reviewed on 27/11/2022

As an entrepreneur, I am constantly searching for new ways to market my products and services. I have been using Omnisend for a 1 year now, and I am in love with it. I have been able to use the omnisend platform to completely automate my email marketing. I use it to send out a variety of emails to my subscribers based on what they have bought.

Pros

I've been using Omnisend for the past 1 years, and it's been one of my best decisions. Omnisend has really changed the way I market to my subscribers. I used to send out bulk emails over time, but now I focus on sending the emails when the subscribers are actually active in the system. I also find that Omnisend has made me a much better marketer in the process.

Cons

Overall I was satisfied and had a great experience, I think businesses lacking in marketing should definitely use it. It works great and I haven't had a problem.

Christian
  • Industry: Consumer Goods

Switched to Omnisend 6 months ago, helped transform out emails

Reviewed on 28/11/2022

Very pleased with our experience.

Very pleased with our experience.

Pros

The ease of use, the look, and the simplicity of email creation. The customer service has been top notch

Cons

I wish at times the list management would be easier. The ability to make segments based on data is excellent but I would love to make a manual email list at times.

Reasons for Choosing Omnisend

More features at a fair price

Reasons for Switching to Omnisend

The price, customer support, and simplicity