Katana Cloud Inventory Reviews

Katana Cloud Inventory

Real-time inventory management insights to prevent stockouts

4.4/5

• Industry: Food & Beverages
  • Company size: 1,001–5,000 Employees

KAtana manufacturing Erp

Reviewed on 11/03/2023

KAtana manufacturing Erp is a solid choice for small and medium sized business looking for a user-fried and Integrated solutions for their manufacturing process

Pros

One of the key benefits of katana manufacturing Erp is it's user-friendly interface. The platform is easy to navigate drag and drop functionality allows for a simplified production planning process.The platform offers real-time inventory tracking, allowing business to track the stock levels of their materials and profuct.Integration of platform of e-commerce

Cons

Some users have reported issue with the accuracy of the platform inventory management system, particularly during inventoryrreconciliation. The platform Mey not be useful for complex manufacturing process

Dennis
  • Industry: Consumer Goods

Exactly What Our Growing Business Needed.

Reviewed on 15/06/2021

So far, we are really liking hoe easy it was to setup and get running. The inventory management has improved the flow and processes in our company for the better.

Pros

Ease of use, support, inventory management features, able to create builds/recipes for products (BOM), ability to upload data using Excel, integration with Quickbooks Online

Cons

Cost, certain features do not make sense in the implementation.

Reasons for Switching to Katana Cloud Inventory

Ease of use and the features. And it looks good.
Gonzalo
  • Industry: Food Production

Very poor MRP overrated in reviews, with good service

Reviewed on 11/02/2023

Very easy to start. Lack of a lot of important functionalities by the time of use. Overpriced by the functions provided.

Pros

Customer Service and easy to use at the beginning

Cons

It appears to be that the designers and programmers have never worked in a company. *No discounts or price difeerentiation*Lack of point of sales*Very low scanning functionality*Not differentiated user rights*No history of document changes*Buggy

Odoo and Wherefour

Quickbooks Integration

Odoo

Reasons for Switching to Katana Cloud Inventory

Quickbooks Online integration, easy to use, (appear to be fake) good reviews
Samantha

Highly Recommend!

Reviewed on 16/12/2020

We love it. We use this app to help with our growing business. It has made it so easy to keep up with reordering and be able to manage inventory between two stores! The Katana team makes it so easy to use and offer a lot of help! Highly recommend!

Easy Implementation
Customer Service
Reorder Options

Cons

I wouldn't say this is a con- but we are really excited for the bar code scanning option they plan to roll out in 2021!

Response from Katana Cloud Inventory

Thank you for your review! We are excited to have you as a customer.

Kelsey

Lifechanging

Reviewed on 14/05/2020

We make to order and we make to stock. We make standardized products and we also make private label custom products. Katana is the first platform I have found that supports what we do while also being affordable for a new business.

Pros

Katana delivers a lot of value. It fully covers my MRP needs while being affordable to a scaling business.

Cons

I would also like an option to dropship the products that I make for clients and I don't see a way to do that.

QuickBooks eCommerce and Zendesk Suite

Google Sheets

Reasons for Switching to Katana Cloud Inventory

Better functionality for custom made products. More affordable.

Response from Katana Cloud Inventory

Thank you for the feedback and support!

David

Just what I needed

Reviewed on 18/06/2020

Overall I have been very pleased. I know have a solid grasp of my inventory and am informed when I need to reorder materials. This has been a real game changer for my business and has allowed us to scale our manufacturing.

Pros

Katana integrates with my Shopify Site very easily and makes bundling products on my Shopify so much easier to track.

We also make candles and kits in house. Katana makes tracking inventory so much easier allowing me to know without guess or counting my materials how much of any particular object I can produce at any given time.

Cons

It would be nice if there were barcodes, but I hear feature is coming soon. It would also be nice if I sell out of an object that is apart of a bundle that it would then make the bundle unavailable on my shopify site. I believe this is also in the works.

Reasons for Switching to Katana Cloud Inventory

The user interface was much more straight forward. It was robust and comprehensive without being overwhelming.

Response from Katana Cloud Inventory

Thank you for the review! Indeed, both mentioned features are on our roadmap.

Jocelyn
  • Industry: Cosmetics

The best app ever!

Reviewed on 19/02/2022

Pros

I love the simplicity of Katana and the ease of inventory management. This software has saved us so much time and offers way more than other products we looked into. For a small business with lots of moving parts and inventory to manage, Katana makes everything a breeze.

Cons

N/a, Katana meets and exceeds all our needs!

Odoo and Zoho Inventory

Reasons for Choosing Katana Cloud Inventory

Zoho was consistently inaccurate and needed to to work with other Zoho products for full functionality.

Zoho Inventory

Reasons for Switching to Katana Cloud Inventory

Gave us everything that we needed.
Mikaela
  • Industry: Consumer Goods

Intuitive and well designed

Reviewed on 22/03/2021

Katana has been an asset to our inventory management and production planning. Previously, we were using QuickBooks desktop to manage all inventory. Katana has streamlined our production planning and made it overall more efficient. We have not yet implemented tasks and assigned employees to certain builds, but we appreciate that there is room to grow as we continue to use the system. We continue to use QuickBooks desktop as a separate operating system for accounting purposes and can easily do journal entries to input inventory quantities. We are looking forward to the multi-currency platform Katana will hopefully have soon.

Pros

It is intuitive and easy to implement. I like that you can prioritize builds so if we are short on product I can customize which particular build for it to go to.

Cons

I wish we could add materials to sales orders. Sometimes we sell different parts and it would be nice to add those to a sales order.

Cecilia
  • Industry: Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing

Katana Make Production Visible

Reviewed on 15/05/2020

It has been a very positive experience, putting joy in my work.

It has been a very positive experience, putting joy in my work.

Pros

I love this software because of the ease of use and the workflow methodology. The drill down ability for stock and manufactured items are great. We have managed to get a lot more information on staff productivity through exporting complete manufacture orders data and reporting. I also love it that support is real and that I now know some of the team personally. They answer queries fast and efficiently.

Cons

All the current issues I have are in development.
For example:
1. Adding landing costs to purchase order items
2. Multi Currency
3. Back Order information

Unleashed

Reasons for Switching to Katana Cloud Inventory

We were using Evolution at the time and were really struggling to get real-time data. We converted to XERO as an accounting package but needed stronger manufacturing software. A friend recommended Katana and after a demo at her office, and a online real-time demo with [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] at Katana, I was sold. (It was impossible to get a demo that suited my schedule from the other app's we considered. That already made me very concern) We decided on Katana and am glad to see their dedication and growth as a company.

Response from Katana Cloud Inventory

Thank you for the feedback and support!

Lisa
Lisa

Met our needs at beginning, as needs grew Katana team listened and added features

Reviewed on 06/02/2020

We maintain about 1500-2000 SKUS and all assemblers work at home. Some do different steps, returning work weekly and then having it distributed to the next person. Giving every MO an actual number has kept every bag of parts and supplies organized. We can track who has it, where it's at in the manufacturing process, etc. Even though we have used Katana since January, it's the last 3 months that it's really proven it's value to us.

We do not use it for order fulfillment, just in-house manufacturing. But it's allowed us to prep for holiday season from July forward and stay completely organized and efficient. No more "where-did-it-go" or "how-many-have-we-prepped" frantic moments. We began the year knowing we needed a software that "fit" our company's size and our needs. Katana has proven invaluable for our company this year. We are currently doing our first complete inventory and we hope to add these numbers to Katana in 2020 and continue to improve our efficiency.

Pros

The ability to use Resources as a way to assign a specific person to each task so I can see who is working on what step of the manufacturing process and the allotted time they are provided for the task. This year we went from contract labor/paid-per-piece to employees/hourly-wage and Katana has made this a much smoother transition then it could have been. Having both "cost-per-piece" for assembly of items as well as "cost-per-minute" has given us the ability to compare former payment procedures with what to expect per hour from employees.

Cons

There are a variety of tasks that were unable to be done when we began using Katana in January 2019 but I am thrilled to say that most of them have been developed. The developers listen and are very attentive to requests, bug reports, and ideas and so despite the fact that some of the features were not available (exporting reports, importing recipes, bulk print MOs/pick lists, etc.) they have added these and the software continues to grow. The next feature I'd love to see is the ability to have a product photo attached to each product that prints out an image with the MO.

Also, we have some items "on hold" (not sent to distribution center yet) and we use Resources to specify ONHOLD-BIN221 etc. to know the status of any particular SKU completed. We'd prefer not to use different locations, but rather have the ability to add a couple more "status" options. Either a misc or a custom. For now, everything on hold gets marked BLOCKED status and then the Resource is used to say it's on hold in whatever bin.

Response from Katana Cloud Inventory

Thank you for very thorough feedback! Love to have you growing with us!

Daniel
  • Industry: Transportation/Trucking/Railroad

Promised so much delivered far short of what we hoped

Reviewed on 10/02/2022

Disappointed. They are pretending this software is the best thing since sliced bread and its more like a stale baguette.

Pros

It works on a basic level for stock management and also bills of materials.

Cons

It fails to have any sort of calender or gantt chart. It also fails terribly with time planning/recording of how long a task can take. For example you can't even put into the system that you start your working day at half past the hour only full hours are allowed. Further to the time planning side you can not block out time for holidays or meetings. Making this software useless to plan your time and give acreate lead times to customers.

Reasons for Choosing Katana Cloud Inventory

In the middle of the switch but it seams to offer far more options and cross capability.

Odoo

Response from Katana Cloud Inventory

Hi Daniel! Thank you for your honest feedback. We are continuously working on improving on the points of time planning and will be ready with better capabilities in the coming months already.

Scott
  • Industry: Furniture

Brilliant System

Reviewed on 16/12/2020

Frees up time. Accurate stock levels. Easily see where in the manufacturing process a job is

Pros

Brilliant. Katana has transformed how we managed stock and control manufacturing. The best part is it is simple without unwanted extras that take as much time to maintain as a manual system. Katana is efficient and fast. Integrates well with Xero and Shopify. Highly recommended.

Cons

AMobile App would be brilliant but not essential

Reasons for Switching to Katana Cloud Inventory

Ease of use and simplicity. Nice screen layout.

Response from Katana Cloud Inventory

Thank you for the review and happy to be growing with you!

Maureen

Katana boosted our confidence as new business owners!

Reviewed on 29/06/2021

Great! Service has been very helpful, and we’ve been able to do everything we need to do. Looking forward to seeing Katana grow and deploy more functions!

Pros

Inventory and order management systems were relatively new to us when we started with our company. We evaluated and tested several web-based tools and Katana was by far the most user friendly. The interface is clean and initiative, which helped us to get up and running quickly and confidently.

Cons

There are some features and reporting that we would like to have that haven’t been rolled out yet (particularly around customer information) and we spent time tinkering around and then ultimately asking customer support about it. They have been very helpful and we are waiting for the enhancements.

Reasons for Switching to Katana Cloud Inventory

Ease of use and interface
Matt
  • Industry: Furniture

Small Manufacturing MRP

Reviewed on 04/12/2023

Pros

Great inventory management software for the price.

Cons

Wish it worked better with other programs. We use Extensive for almost all other plugins. Also, wish it had a way to track cutting programs.

Fulcrumapp.com and Fishbowl

Reasons for Choosing Katana Cloud Inventory

Ease of use, cost, integrations, support staff, etc.
  • Industry: Apparel & Fashion

Katana has made a huge improvement to our business process!

Reviewed on 16/12/2020

I was extremely happy to find this app after months of struggling to keep track (using a spreadsheet) of current quantity for

1.) In stock blank shirts (various colors and sizes)
2.) Ordered blanks (various colors, sizes, and suppliers)
3.) Sales of finish products (various styles, colors, sizes, and designs.)

Making a Purchase Order list took way to long to complete each day. With Katana, tracking what we have and what we needed got so much easier and I was able to focus on more important business decisions. Before Katana I was over and under ordering ingredients.

I would recommend this app to anyone who uses Shopify and wants to make managing inventory of raw materials, ingredients, and sales orders easier.

Pros

Improved our ability to track shared ingredients for the products we sell.
Easy to know what quantity of ingredients to buy and who to buy it from.
Connects to Shopify and updates automatically.
Amazing customer support.

Cons

It took some time to learn the software and create ingredients for each product - but is worth while.

Response from Katana Cloud Inventory

Thank you!

Most Intuitive MRP Ever

Reviewed on 18/12/2020

Overall it's simple to setup, simple to use, and while not quite polished, does everything we need in a hugely user friendly way.

Pros

I was looking for a solution for seasonal manufacturing workers that we don't have time to get up to speed with some complex MRP - Kanata's UI is the most intuitive interface out of any MRP I was able to find. The ease of re-prioritising jobs, and the automatic stock refactoring is awesome, and the team are really, really responsive to feature ideas and issues. Seamless integrations with WooCommerce makes supplying orders to customers super easy.

Cons

It doesn't quite have everything we need, some of which I though we're quite base (Bin Locations, Supplier Product Codes, Purchase Orders that email directly to suppliers), but all of those have work arounds, and I'm assured are planned for future development.

Response from Katana Cloud Inventory

Thank you for the review!

Jason
  • Industry: Medical Devices

A lot of bang for the buck!

Reviewed on 16/03/2022

We were able to implement Katana as our central point for our entire software stack. Each piece of software gets its orders and data from Katana. Normally, I would be hesitant to put any of the software that small business sees on a daily basis into this important position. I had no issue putting Katana into this position.

Pros

This software has a fantastic feel to make working in it incredibly efficient. As a person that works with software/web design/development, I can appreciate the attention paid to this incredibly complex platform.

Cons

There isn't much we don't like. Most of the small things are already in the development cycle and they include small things like being able to customize Katana a bit more for our specific needs. Column order, custom fields, field mapping of API connections, etc.

Marcin
  • Industry: Aviation & Aerospace

New user but very happy with software quality and functionality.

Reviewed on 24/06/2021

Reason to use Katana was mainly to organise production and stock levels. There is long learning curve, but in longer run I believe this will help us to clean process up.

Pros

Cloud integration and nice User Interface.

Cons

- I am still little bit worried about lack of backup available to the user. There should be method to revert in time for example. If somebody messed up something, there is no way to go back.
- Another thing is lack of Sage integration.
- If new option is added to the existing product/material Internal Barcode is not generated and it has to be created manually. I am not sure why...
- sorting for example of PO orders is done by string, so orders are never in the correct order. Prefix PO- should be omitted for sorting table.

NetSuite

Price.
Andrew
  • Industry: Chemicals

A nessecary tool

Reviewed on 31/01/2020

Mainly we have had a good experience, the system is updated to try and make it fit every company model.
It has helped me monitor our business and stock levels closely, you just have to make sure it is kept up to date so that it accurately reflects your current stock levels.

Pros

Helps keep track of work stock if used correctly.

Updated regulary. We had an issue where there was not enough decimal places for us to input our formulas, we raised this issue and within a month it was fixed.

Allows me to quickly find out a customers purchasing history and the percentage profit made per product

Cons

My only issue is that it is slightly expensive for a small company.

Response from Katana Cloud Inventory

Thank you for the feedback!

Lucille
  • Industry: Cosmetics

A must for any manufacturing startup

Reviewed on 24/09/2019

Katana has been an absolute game changer for our cosmetics manufacturing business. Prior to this, we were using an inventory management system more suited to home crafters. It was woefully inadequate for our needs, but traditional MPR software was too complicated and expensive. Katana offers the perfect balance between powerful, seamless tracking and a user-friendly interface. It saves us hours of planning time each week and has greatly reduced errors. There's no way we'd be able to scale our quickly-growing business without this software.

Pros

Intuitive, user-friendly interface and powerful, seamless inventory tracking.

Cons

We don't like the per-user pricing model.

Response from Katana Cloud Inventory

Thank you for showing the love!

Jason
  • Industry: Accounting

Katana is Great for small business

Reviewed on 02/12/2022

Its easy to use, our warehouse knows exactly what to do and when which is great. Ordering is relatively easy so from an inventory standpoint I think its great. I think there is a lot of room for improvement in basically every other facet this software says it can deliver.

Pros

Its easy to use as both a user and an admin. Low learning curve with a high return of success.

Cons

Its really unintuitive for me at least to communicate with my users with the shop floor app. Im better off getting up and takinf the time to talk to them directly rather than leaving them notes and vice versa. Also the reports NEVER work, ive never been able to pull a report or print a packing slip for whatever reason (the link always dies) thankfully I also keep up to date on our accounting software so I can pull the report from there otherwise Id probably rate this lower.

Gaz
Gaz

I learned this product by using it; few hints from the online help. I decided on day one to...

Reviewed on 28/06/2018

I can now run my business without spreadsheet hell. I can actually make more product. This is not an exaggeration. I was stressed before using this software. I actually could not work out what I needed to order to satisfy our production demands.

Pros

It answers my questions easily, what purchase orders do I need to make to satisfy the orders I have coming in. What should I work on next and when will it be ready for the customer! I can see delays in deliveries and the effect on production. It manages very complex bill of materials for our vast number of products. and it does so with a user experience that is simple and easy.

Cons

Where there has been anything I didn't like about the software, I chat instantly to the development team and they listen, they come back to me with an instant work around; then in the longer term they have provided updates that fix the problem. They are an adorable bunch of people and really want to make this work for our busy little workshop.

Response from Katana Cloud Inventory

Thank you Gaz for all the support!

Erik
  • Industry: Consumer Electronics

MKUltra Corporation

Reviewed on 27/05/2020

Invaluable to the maker+vendor. No more guessing, no more surprises when material stock runs out or inventory levels are low - Katana is the second set of eyes I didn't know I needed. Worth every minute of setup, this app has not only saved my business money and time - it has saved my business, period.

Pros

Integrates flawlessly with my Shopify store and makes managing materials and stock levels incredibly easy once everything is setup. The ability to prioritize jobs based on different criteria and rearrange them on the fly if necessary is critical for my business and Katana handles this with ease.

Cons

Setup was a chore BUT that is really more of a good thing, because there is a LOT of data that people might not take into account when initially considering software like this. If you want to use it properly, each and every little detail needs to be accounted for and when you have hundreds of SKUs like me, it can seem like a mountain. Climb it, you'll be glad you did.

Response from Katana Cloud Inventory

Thank you for your feedback!

Marco

Katana is great for inventory management and manufactury planing.

Reviewed on 27/03/2023

Pros

The UX and UI of app. Literaly everyone n our team is able to work with Katana how it is simply.

Cons

Not very often but sometimes app kick me out and I have to log in again.

Zach

Incredible product and support

Reviewed on 21/01/2020

Pros

We tried several ERP systems for our manufacturing business without a lot of luck. Katana, without question, is one of the best and more affordable options we've come across. Coupled with their incredible support, we wouldn't recommend anything else.

Cons

While they're super responsive to feature requests, Katana doesn't include an API or Hook.

Response from Katana Cloud Inventory

Thank you for your review! We will be working on opening an API very soon.