MRI Software

Cloud-based real estate and investment management software

4/5
4.3/5
4.1/5
4.4/5

Vendor management and reporting for over seven years

Reviewed on 26/07/2018

Pros

I like that MRI interface is user-friendly and the reports are easy to run. I also like that the reports can be exported to PDF as well as Excel spreadsheets.

Cons

Since my company has been using the web-based version of MRI, MRI X, it has increased the start up time. When before it took a couple of seconds for the program to load, it can take up to 1-2 minutes for it to load now. Not too bad, but it can seem like forever when you need to run a report or enter a new vendor in a rush.

Brittany B.
  • Company size: 1,001-5,000 Employees

MRI is very easy to use!

Reviewed on 28/09/2020

I like this platform loads better than OneSite because of the ease of access of information and reports

Pros

I like that it is easy for first time leasing agents to navigate.

Cons

lead tracking could use a bit of an update

ONEsite

Reasons for Choosing MRI Software

I liked the user face better and had used this product in the past and had no issues with it at all.

Yardi Voyager

Reasons for Switching to MRI Software

wanted an easier platform for new leasers to be able to use and manage leads better

Response from MRI Software

Hello Brittany,
Thank you so much for your kind review! We are happy to hear you enjoy our easy user experience and interface! It is great to know that is ultimately why you chose to switch back to MRI Software. We look forward to many more years together!

Colleen K.

MRI Software Review

Reviewed on 23/07/2020

We have a fairly small real estate company. We only do commercial properties in MRI currently (not multi-family yet). We decided to start using MRI upon forming the company knowing we were growing rapidly. We only have about 250 commercial leases so the total software cost is probably expensive on a per lease basis but it is well worth having it in place now instead of using something cheaper and then having to do a large complex implementation. My overall experience with MRI is positive and would recommend to anyone in the industry.

Pros

Been a user of MRI for many years. I implemented it twice at two different companies but have used it at three companies. I have used web and windows version. I like the software because it is easy to use and implement. But the greatest benefit in my mind is the customer support and customization that is available. MRI has always been very responsive to helping me address my needs whether it be an issue with the software, a mistake I made or a customization question.

Cons

I wish the communication center was quicker. We use the web version and sometimes the reports take several minutes to become available and sometimes the messages don't appear at all and we have to logout and get back in to reset.

Response from MRI Software

Hello Colleen,
Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us a great review! We are happy to hear you have used MRI Software in your various positions and enjoy our stellar customer support! We look forward to working with you for many more years to come!

Richard B.
  • Industry: Government Administration

MRI SOFTWARE - REVIEW FROM PUBLIC HOUSING PERSPECTIVE

Reviewed on 16/06/2020

MRI is always willing to listen to what we would like to do. They see if their software can adapt to our "wish list" of changes. MRI has involved the users to come up with screen design and software design to help make our jobs easier and the software better.

Pros

Our previous software vendor, Tenmast, was purchased by MRI. Seeing what software was being developed for the Public Housing arena was great. Many features of MRI's current real estate software is being incorporated into our existing software and new products are coming out. MRI has a great vendor partnership that allows the vendor to seamlessly integrate their software with MRI's databases. You get the best of both worlds. A vendor's software that works against your core business software. The vendor selection is fantastic.
MRI has also rolled out new features for the Public Housing market that is helping us get our jobs done better and faster. We can't wait for the newest software to come out.

Cons

We have not been able to take full advantage of the MRI software as this is being worked on now. The release date is not until sometime in mid 2021. I see so many features in MRI plus their reports that I could utilize now but must wait.

Response from MRI Software

Thank you for your excellent review, Richard! We are excited to welcome you to the MRI family. We are happy to hear the partnership we created with Tenmast has been beneficial for you and we look forward to increasing our capabilities and growing our relationship with you and your team!

Ben S.

MRI Software Makes Our Business Run

Reviewed on 29/12/2020

Overall, MRI Software makes our multifamily, commercial and accounting silos run smoothly, as it has been ingrained in our business processes for well over a decade. While it can be difficult to get working integrations, as well as the overall license cost being at the highest end of the industry, we can't envision using any other property software in the near or long term.

Pros

The majority of our employee base has been trained on one or more MRI Software products, so just on familiarity and knowledge-base alone having MRI is an absolute must. The amount of modules available for almost every business process there is in our industry is a huge plus. MRI Software is willing to develop/integrate with pretty much any partner out there for a price, which is great. The reports available in MRI are unmatched with any other software we've seen in this space. Support is great and highly knowledgable.

Cons

MRI Software is at the highest end of pricing in the industry. The software is complex and not the easiest to learn. While they are willing to integrate with a wide variety of partners, they can sometimes put the cart before the horse with these, meaning their Development teams tend to roll an integration out without fully testing or anticipating potential issues.

Joseph M.
  • Industry: Building Materials
  • Company size: 1,001-5,000 Employees

Okay product

Reviewed on 03/08/2020

Service is good.

Pros

It does the job, however wanted much more flexibility and functionality. To date we have been disappointed.

Cons

Though it would be easier to use. It is not intuitive.

Sage 100cloud

Reasons for Choosing MRI Software

Looking for more flexibility & functionality.

Sage 100cloud

Reasons for Switching to MRI Software

Cost & sales support.

Response from MRI Software

Hello Joseph,
Thank you for taking some time to leave us a review. We are happy you enjoy our customer service, but your other comments concern us. I have passed along your feedback to your account manager. We hope to speak with you soon.

Bob M.

No customer service since ownership changes and a complete lack of understanding during...

Reviewed on 11/08/2020

When they changed to MRI they changed the way they accepted payments. However they omitted to tell me that 1. They had been bought over by this company from America. 2. They had cancelled the quarterly direct debit and then sent a huge bill. 3. Refused to pause their system during lockdown despite the fact that we were not allowed to write new business. 4. When I asked them for proof that they had informed me of the new payment procedure refused to supply me with any proof whatsoever and claimed " There were press releases informing everyone we had been bought over" To date I have a site I have paid for which is written in a medium that most people can't convert and the site I have paid for is totally unusable. I have requested a Subject Access Report which they have totally ignored and are the most rude, arrogant and unhelpful company I have ever had the misfortune to deal with.

Pros

It was a good package and the site I paid for to built was excellent as was their help but this is when they were Thesaurus when they were bought over by MRI this all changed unfortunately!

Cons

Liked most of it and the team Thesaurus BEFORE THEY WERE BOUGHT OVER were most helpful

April L.

MRI Callmax

Reviewed on 11/06/2020

I have had no issues with MRI and our customer service person, [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] is awesome!

Pros

1.We really like that you can get messages so many different ways.
2. We like that it records the call between maintenance and the resident on emergency calls.
3. It is great that you can record a message if you have a temporary change.

Cons

1. The call back feature that blocks the personal number is only available in the emergency maintenance mailbox. All other mailboxes it shows the phone number.

Response from MRI Software

Thank you so much for your review, April! We are happy to hear you are pleased with the overall features of our products and think our customer service is awesome! We look forward to continuing our partnership for years to come.

Andy S.

Great Accounting Real Estate Software

Reviewed on 15/11/2018

I have used other software, and MRI is a great overall software for accounting use in real estate. Rather happy.

Pros

I like the windows version of MRI as its very user friendly and fast. The reporting and windowed setup is great for running multiple reports over and over. Everything is where it should be.

Cons

I dislike that they are migrating to a newer web based design. For what we use the software for, the windows version operates quicker and is more efficient. Every time there is an update though, there seems to be more issues than fixes.

Haley W.

MRI: Where would we be without it?

Reviewed on 07/10/2019

I love using this daily. It keeps our property organized and allows our business to run smoothly.

Pros

This software allows us to track prospects/residents at our property, run reports, keep records easily, and keep up with work orders all in one!

Cons

Sometimes, MRI can freeze or lag, like any software. It corrects itself and then works fine. It also takes some time to learn; however, it’s not complicate and you catch onto it quickly.

Rebecca T.

Not just for Property Management

Reviewed on 03/11/2016

I've used MRI for over 10 years. When taking a new position with a real estate firm, that does not do PM, I pushed to change systems from MAS90 to MRI. Such a great change! The functionality of the system is wonderful, and we love how we can run consolidated reports.

Pros

User friendly

Cons

Nothing about the software, however I don't love the annual increases we pay to use it.

Faith N.

MRI Software helps

Reviewed on 08/08/2019

Pros

We use MRI Software for our after-hours calls and answering service. It keeps everyone in the loop and keeps us connected when we need to be.

Cons

Sometimes the messages don't come through completely, calls drop.

Jean D.

How do I run a GL Report for Specific GL codes?

Reviewed on 13/07/2019

It could be even better if I could learn how to be a more powerful user, for instance, generating reports that show the results of multiple properties at once. I am just limited on the time I have available to train as a busy asset manager.

Pros

I am a user of financial data as an asset manager, so, I really like having access to MRI so I can generate my own financial reports. I get financial reports delivered to me in PDF, believe it or not, so if I want to create them in Excel I can do that easily.

Cons

I have not been able to figure out how to run a GL report for specific GL codes only - I usually have to ask the accountant for that. Somehow the GL codes either have a different format or some preceding letters or something that makes it impossible to type in the magic combination to get the data I need. There is no helpful hint or no intuitive suggestion about how to figure it out.

Johnna P.
  • Industry: Legal Services

MRI Review

Reviewed on 06/07/2021

I have had a positive experience with MRI and would recommend the software to others.

Pros

MRI is industry-known and a reputable software. It is widely accepted in our industry as the source of truth for reliable demographic data. We use this software for audience research.

Cons

If you are not familiar with the software, creating reports/pulling data can be confusing. Wish they had a more seamless, user-friendly process for this

Gregory S.
  • Industry: Government Administration

Happy Software is great.

Reviewed on 11/06/2020

Housing Pro is very helpful for managing our housing program.

Pros

All the reports that are generated by the software are top notch.

Cons

Sometimes it fails when sending files to the HUD/PIC website. But other than that no problems.

Response from MRI Software

Thank you for your fantastic review, Gregory! Your kind words mean so much to us! We are thrilled to hear your experience with our reporting capabilities has been top notch and we look forward to many more years together.

Kellie P.
  • Industry: Commercial Real Estate

Challenging but effective

Reviewed on 14/05/2019

I use MRI as a commercial real estate administrator manage accounts payable and accounts receivable. It has helped me deliver clear and accurate reports to my managers, clients and tenants and once you get used to navigating it - which can take awhile - it is one of the most important tools of my job.

Pros

MRI provides an accurate, in-depth view of financial data. It has multiple functions and there are many, many different types of reports that you can run, making it a versatile and steadfast financial tool. I like the ability to run quick rent rolls, ledgers, aged reports and variance analysis which are reports that I need everyday to do my job.

Cons

MRI is not as easy to learn as Yardi and you have to be very careful with your parameters or the report will fail to generate. This can get frustrating when you don't realize which parameter is incorrect. I have also had multiple issues with reports failing to generate through no fault of the parameters set and depending on the size of the report it sometimes can take as long as a few minutes to load.

Annette R.

Intuitive and easy to use and manage.

Reviewed on 09/06/2017

Pros

This product is easy to navigate through for end users. There is a wide variety of App add-ons available to expand based on your needs, with many that integrate seamlessly. Above all else, the Customer support is OUTSTANDING!! There is always a pleasant, knowledgeable voice on the other end to assist you in a timely manner.
MRI is always working on incidents within the system and releasing CMU's.

Cons

As an Administrator, I would like to have more access in the training portal to administer users and see some improvements made to the Training modules. In regards to the courses themselves, the videos need to be edited in order for them to register as being completed properly and it would be beneficial to have the next courses start automatically. Users are confused when trying to navigate through courses and the site in general.

Brian D.
  • Industry: Accounting

MRI Software - for asset management services

Reviewed on 24/09/2019

Our experience with MRI Software was, at first, touch and go. There were changes in staff and changes in client managers. Once we achieved consistency on the back-end, our experience has been much more beneficial. Our asset management needs have been met by the various pages that can be built out, all of the reports that we can generate with different fields, and the functions that we are able to use with ease on a daily basis.

Pros

What I like the most about the software is that you can add as many functions as you want, and have that functionality specifically tailored to your business needs.

Cons

What I (and my team) like the least about this software is how it seems that some of the bugs or fixes that we need completed ASAP take much longer than they should. If there is just one bug that is causing a problem in our reports, we have to submit a ticket which then gets put into a developer queue. Sometimes it can take a couple weeks for what seems like it should be an easy fix.

Oscar G.

MRI User Review

Reviewed on 18/06/2020

My experience has overall been positive.

Pros

It is user friendly and has good reports and a big fan of the budgeting module.

Cons

In the MRIX I don't care for the bank reconciliation feature compared to the Windows version.

Response from MRI Software

Thank you for your great review, Oscar! We are happy to hear you're experience overall has been positive! We appreciate your feedback on the bank reconciliation feature - we will circle that back to the team.

• Industry: Facilities Services

Great for helpdesk

Reviewed on 06/08/2018

It is a very good software for helpdesk use, could do a bit on an improvement on the vision reporting. It could improve the delay on receiving work orders on mobiles.

Pros

It is easy to use, you don't need to open multiple windows as all info and tabs are accessible. Easy to export to excel. Arranging columns and search option.

Cons

The mobile service is really slow, main system crashes every now and then and does run slow.

Been using MRI for almost 10 years

Reviewed on 06/07/2019

Able to run reports with ease; Is user-friendly. Support is always available.

Pros

Ease of setting up resident files; accessibility of reports and ease of running reports. Ease of processing statement of deposits; works well and integrates well with other software products.

Cons

Works slowly and program often freezes.

• Company size: 501-1,000 Employees
  • Used Monthly for 1+ year

MRI is straightforward and easy to use

Reviewed on 18/06/2019

Overall, MRI is very easy to learn to use and can be a valuable source of information. However, sometimes the parameters get funky when layering in less concrete data like psychographic or behavioral segments and the data does not seem entirely accurate.

Pros

MRI is very user intuitive and allows you to layer multiple audience traits over one another to define audience size without having to export your data over and over and pivot it. There's a lot you can do and see within the software itself, which really helps save time when you want to just look at a bunch of different options without having to wait for a new export to generate. I like the click and drag functionality.

Cons

It could definitely have more behavioral/psychographic options. Sometimes the behavioral/psychographic traits that are provided are far too specific to apply to an entire audience and it can skew your results; others are far too vague and provide conditions that almost all audiences would fall under. More niche breakouts within HHI and demo would also be helpful. Lastly, I think adding a Save option for some of these pulls would be helpful - the save option did not work for me.

• Industry: Commercial Real Estate

Great Software, Easy to Learn

Reviewed on 05/06/2018

Pros

MRI web is pretty est to use. There a minimal steps compared to MRI windows. User interface looks really nice and is pretty self explanatory.

Cons

When something goes wrong (latency, reports not updating correctly, etc.) it can take some time for MRI to fix it on the back end. It's also quite difficult to communicate with their customer support team. I feel like they all have 80% knowledge of the software and often you "figure it out together".

Terry C.
  • Industry: Staffing & Recruiting

OK system

Reviewed on 11/06/2020

Gave us an opportunity to digitize our system, slowly

Pros

Since we were a franchise we had to use the MRI software. Job Order input and activity tracking
Calendar

Cons

Difficult for staff to become proficient in
Ultimately database was very difficult to integrate into another system

Response from MRI Software

Hello Terry,
Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. We are saddened to hear your experience was anything other than ideal. . Because I cannot find you in our system, we invite you to connect with your account manager directly so we can remediate this!

Jason S.
  • Industry: Human Resources

Value packed software, accounting rich with strong ability to integrate w/ other software

Reviewed on 07/09/2017

easier than most other accounting software

Pros

The detailed accounting from tenant management, work orders . It made it easy to identify costly tenants and variances in my budget.

Cons

not the easiest software to train new employees on, and was extremely difficult for prospecting with new renters compared to my experience with Yardi and OneSite. Also, it would let half information process in the system (such as work order with no info or category) this should have popped up w/ error box to be able to submit.