PayJunction

Payment processing for mid-large scale businesses

4.5/5
4.7/5
4.9/5
4.7/5

Karen
  • Industry: Automotive

Love the way this system works. We use the computer to activate the terminal for customer use.

Reviewed on 17/01/2018

Pros

We can access all previous transactions on the our computer terminal and it offers various ways to search for previous transactions(customer, amount, date, etc.). I was unsure about the paperless concept but now love it. The customer service dept has always been very helpful and easy to access.

Cons

The signature pad has on occasion acted up and signed for the customer while they are standing there.
Not sure about the pricing as we have other CC companies calling all the time to try to get us to switch and their quoted rates are often less in the cost plus scenario than our rate at Pay Junction. However, it is very rare that one can compare exactly because of multiple hidden fees and Pay Junction has very minimal extra fees so far.

Response from PayJunction

Hi Karen,

You're exactly right! There are over 19 unethical billing tactics we've identified in other merchant statements. We never charge these fees, which result in overall savings for our customers.

When the signature pad isn't working, you can call us at 800-601-0230 and our support team will recalibrate your signature pad.

Kelsey

Great customer service with only 1 drawback

Reviewed on 16/01/2018

Pros

Ease of use, the website is very user friendly and detailed. Every new employee we had picked up on the process and directions very quickly

Cons

Inability to make PIN or debit purchases; runs transactions as credit only which results in higher costs for the company and customers are confused by it

Response from PayJunction

Hi Kelsey,

In the future, we will support the ability to process PIN-based debit transactions via the Smart Terminal. PIN-based debit allows businesses to process transactions for a flat fee, rather than an Interchange percentage rate. Please note, the vast majority of debit cards are regulated and the Interchange percentage rate to process those transactions is considerably less than the fee to process a credit card. Also, PIN entry is not required for debit cards unless the chip on the card requires a PIN entry. We do support PIN entry for EMV cards that require a PIN. In the future, we will see more banks require PIN entry for all EMV chip cards.

Sean
  • Used for 1+ year

PayJunction Review from an Application Dev

Reviewed on 26/09/2018

Ultimately I really enjoyed using PayJunction but lack of certain functionalities caused it to just be obsolete for what we needed it for. It had fantastic customer service which is why we switched to it in the first place but ultimately switched away from it when we got fed up with losing data because there was no http callback.

Pros

The best part of the PayJunction Software is it's ease of use and wonderful technical support, I am a developer and when giving them a call I got immediately transferred to another developer so there was no language barrier or trying to deal with a rep that doesn't understand the technicalities of an issue.

Cons

The thing I don't like the most about the PayJunction software is that when I was using it, there was no way to have their server perform a post callback, meaning I had to send application data back to our system for tracking via, the clients browser in a custom receipt page. This was incredibly annoying and ultimately was the reason we switched away from the system because if the user closed the browser before the data was processed then it was lost.

Response from PayJunction

Hi Sean,

Thank you for your review of PayJunction. To address your concerns, we hope to deploy an improved solution for Hosted Payments that utilizes webhooks for responses (rather than browser-based response). We can update you when we have an ETA for this update.

Alex

Overall, a good experience

Reviewed on 16/01/2018

This software allows us to not do duplicate data entry, which save us time and avoids potential errors. The technology and Smart Terminal hardware has proved to be user friendly and more professional looking than a traditional terminal.

Pros

-Easy to switch
-Support throughout the setup phase was great
-Smart Terminals have a very professional look and feel. They elevate the client experience and give you the option for electronic receipts, saving paper
-Ability to electronically take checks via ACH

Cons

-Very seldom, but sometimes Smart Terminals freeze up having to start the entire process over after rebooting the terminal
-In our experience, we got set up with Credit, Debit, and Checks. After a month, our merchant statement was quite expensive compared to our previous merchant. Digitally processing our Checks was the culprit as the rate was pretty high. We now only do credit and debit and are happy with the cost.

Response from PayJunction

Hi Alex,

We're glad that the Smart Terminal has elevated your client experience as well as helped you avoid duplicate entry. Please call technical support at 800-601-0230 should your terminal issues continue. We'd love to see if we can help you find a long-term solution for that issue.

William

Good.

Reviewed on 09/02/2018

Pros

It's easy to use and look up past transactions.

Cons

There are cheaper rates for credit card transactions. We have received many companies to offer same business at a cheaper price. Would be interested if someone could contact us and match or beat the competitor's prices!

Response from PayJunction

Hi William,

We'll happily match rates with any competitors that provide a quote. If you receive a quote from a competitor, please forward the quote to us. We will crunch the numbers and will match rates if possible. In many cases, we actually find that the competitor will charge more with hidden fees and persuade you to switch with a lower per-transaction rate. If this is the case, we will provide a report that breaks down the quote and compares their pricing with your PayJunction account.

Debbie
  • Industry: Entertainment

Rental Service Manager Review

Reviewed on 28/09/2018

The most beneficial aspect of this system is the ability to make changes to the pricing if needed the same day. The few times I have called for assistance they are very efficient and prompt with solving my issue.

Pros

I'm able to force a transaction through when the address does not match.

Cons

When a customer chooses "no" to use the same credit card for the remaining balance but then decide the day of the function they want to use the same card I'm not able to process that card again for the transaction.

Response from PayJunction

Hi Debbie, thank you for your review. We'd like to know more about the issue you're experiencing to better assist you. Please call our support department at 800-601-0230 and we'll try to resolve the issue you've noted.

Melissa

Best Merchant Services Co that I have ever used.

Reviewed on 22/01/2018

Super fast processing and great reporting.

Super fast processing and great reporting.

Pros

Transactions are extremely fast, reporting is exceptional as is the customer service. I'm so glad I switched years ago, never looked back!

Cons

Sometimes the card machines will turn off and regenerate themselves, so we will enter the card manually.

Response from PayJunction

Hi Melissa,

Thank you for sharing your experience on Capterra. When the Smart Terminal reboots itself, it's likely because the power cable isn't locked into the Smart Terminal. There are grooves that need to fit into the cable, and it needs to be twisted 90 degrees. For a visual to help with set up, visit this support article: https://support.payjunction.com/hc/en-us/articles/214938168-Smart-Terminal-Installation-and-Setup-VIDEO

Kevin

My absolute favorite

Reviewed on 28/09/2018

Using PayJunction has been the best overall experience of ANY prior processor used. Support is responsive and always friendly.

Pros

So easy to use and everything I would want is right there. Refunds are effortless. Researching transactions is fast and easy. Information I only hoped to get from other processors I have used is already provided on the website in an easy to retrieve form. The virtual online terminals are so easy to use and the signature capture is tracked. Love it !

Cons

I love everything about PayJunction software.

Response from PayJunction

Hi Kevin, thank you so much for the glowing review. We're happy to hear that you love our software!

Jen

Excellent

Reviewed on 22/01/2018

It simplifies running credit cards and E-checks. I have been really pleased with the whole experience.

Pros

What don't I like is more like it. This software makes running checks and credit cards so easy! Plus, I love how Pay Junction stores customers cards and information making it easy to run a card for recurring payments.

Cons

I really can't think of any Cons other than sometimes I have had one customer pay multiple times in a month and I have had to call Pay Junction for approval. Kind of a hassell if I am in a hurry but I can see the safety in it.

Response from PayJunction

Hi Jen,

We're glad you've had a positive experience as a customer of ours!

If you need your limits adjusted, you can follow the steps outlined here: https://support.payjunction.com/hc/en-us/articles/211053798-How-do-I-increase-my-processing-limits-

Stephanie
  • Industry: Veterinary

Payjunction has been an amazing integration with ezyVet

Reviewed on 01/08/2022

Our overall experience has been great, particularly with customer service. Also, they beat our rates from our previous processor, which were already low, so that was a plus too.

Pros

Payjunction allows our veterinary PMS, ezyVet, to seamlessly take credit card payments in one step. No more mismatched end of day sheets - everything happens in one step so everything always matches. Also the ability to send remote payment links for people picking up medications or for people that need to pay a bill has been wonderful as well.

Cons

I truly don't have anything I'd want updated on Payjunction's end.

Janet
  • Industry: Medical Practice

We have been using PayJunction since 2016 and find it very user friendly.

Reviewed on 22/01/2018

Data is stored with patient details, making it faster to charge the card the next time you use it.

Pros

The recurring credit card function, as well as cancelling the transaction in the same day (before 7 pm).

Cons

When you use the "find" function, the site option does not default to the user, but rather where the card was last charged. This creates balancing issues between sites within the same company.

Response from PayJunction

Hi Janet,

Thank you for this feedback. When searching for a user, it's best to use the search field "user" to find those transactions. Or you can add new batches.

Mahala

I am very pleased with the user friendly website and the very helpful customer service, very...

Reviewed on 19/01/2018

Pros

I like the ease of use with running cards and the user friendly website. It makes it a breeze to run transactions.

Cons

The only time we have had issues, was on registration days and the limit was exceeded. Thankfully, this was an easy fix by making a phone call to Payjunction.

Response from PayJunction

Hi Mahala,

We're glad you called into our technical support line for assistance. To increase your limits, simply follow the instructions noted here: https://support.payjunction.com/hc/en-us/articles/211053798-How-do-I-increase-my-processing-limits-

Robert

Pay Junction is very very good on service. First rate people who solve the issue.

Reviewed on 02/10/2018

I am responsible for managing associations and we had to find a very good company at a good price point. We found Pay Junction and it fitted our needs very well.

Pros

I find it very easy to use and I am not a computer expert.

Cons

I have a difficult time finding the log out. The tab was removed.

Response from PayJunction

Hi Robert, thank you for your review! Please note that the tab was not removed. If the screen size is too large, you won't be able to view the "Account" button to logout. Simply double click on your browser to resize it to your screen. This should do the trick.

Kathy

This has been great to use. Very happy

Reviewed on 13/02/2018

Pros

This is very user friendly and if we experience any difficulties we just call and someone is very helpful to assist in problem solving. Everyone has been very supportive and is very helpful. The installation was very easy.

Cons

Sometimes there might a glitch in syncing with sycle but for the most part no real negative opinion.

Response from PayJunction

Hi Kathy,

We're glad you've had a positive experience using our software and contacting support for assistance.

Liz

PayJunction review

Reviewed on 25/09/2018

We have used a number of different merchants and your interface/software has been the easiest. Great customer service also.

Pros

The way it is organized. Pretty easy to find what one is looking for and has all the functionality we require.

Cons

The screens are a little too white-washed.

Response from PayJunction

Hi Liz, thank you for your review! You may need to simply adjust your monitor's brightness if the screen seems too white-washed. If that doesn't do the trick, feel free to call us.

Jennifer

Overall we are very pleased with the software.

Reviewed on 15/05/2018

Pros

The ease of use of the program is great. My staff is very pleased with the ability to refund right from the transaction.

Cons

When we signed up there was a mobile app ad that was one of the main reasons we switched companies. The mobile app was taken down before we could even use it and still not available. very disappointed.

Response from PayJunction

Hi Jennifer,

Thank you for your review of PayJunction! The mobile app is now in the Apple App Store, we apologize for the delay. If you have an iOS device, you can download it now.

We will enable email receipts by next month, with more functionality to come.

Michelle

PayJunction is easy to use.

Reviewed on 18/01/2018

Pros

What I like most about this software is that I like that there multiple ways to search for payments that patients have made.

Cons

What I like least about this product is when printing sometimes not all the information prints out on the receipt that you can see when searching for a payment. For example if I search a for a patient using their account number, sometimes the account number prints our on the receipt and sometimes it does not print. I wish all receipts would print the same.

Response from PayJunction

Hi Michelle,

We're glad to hear that out software has made it easier to search for patient payments. The size of your receipts may be causing the information to display differently.

Indu

Easy

Reviewed on 25/09/2018

It's been good and satisfied.

It's been good and satisfied.

Pros

Easy to use and integrates with other softwares. Menu driven

Cons

Reports. Customization of CSV reports not possible .

Response from PayJunction

Hi Indu, thank you for your review! When you are trying to export custom fields, you cannot use a CSV format. We're sorry that there isn't a direct workaround for this at this time.

Tom
Tom

Quick SmartTerminal

Reviewed on 08/02/2018

Pros

The SmartTerminals process chip-enabled credit cards very quickly (3-4 seconds) which our patients love.

Cons

The online payment portal is not integrated with our billing system. Patient payments online require manual posting to enter our billing system.

Response from PayJunction

Hi Tom,

Thank you for sharing your feedback on Capterra! We have dozens of integrations with patient management systems. Perhaps looking to see if we're integrated or can integrate with your provider would be a great next step.

James
James

Simplified

Reviewed on 25/09/2018

Overall, we are very satisfied as it make the front office run much smoother.

Overall, we are very satisfied as it make the front office run much smoother.

Pros

We like the simple integration with our scheduling and invoicing software.

Cons

From a cost standpoint it is a little more expensive than other credit card processing options.

Response from PayJunction

Hi James, we're glad you like our simple-to-use integration. Regarding your costs, do you know if you have a CPS or iPayment account? The pricing for these accounts is different than PayJunction's pricing.

Grant
  • Industry: Medical Devices

Setting up the new card reader was very easy. Customer service was very helpful along the way!

Reviewed on 08/02/2018

It's easy to use!

It's easy to use!

Pros

That it connects to Sycle! It's been so easy to process patients payments. It's very fast and patients seem to like the new system as well.

Cons

Chip cards require patients to really shove their cards in for them to work. Processing a refund via Sycle isn't easy, so I don't even use it. I process via the PJ website.

Response from PayJunction

Hi Grant,

We're glad to hear that you're taking advantage of our integration with Sycle.

If you're experiencing issues with the chip reader, give our support team a
call at 800-601-0230 to troubleshoot it.
Issues refunding through Scyle should be addressed with Sycle directly.

Bob
  • Industry: Consumer Services

Easy to transmit

Reviewed on 19/01/2018

When we first started as a company it was great when were having just a few transactions per month. Where we are now it is being used a lot more.

Pros

It was easy for our staff to learn and work the functions. Was pleased on the way the funds hit our account.

Cons

We have nothing bad to say about the software. One of the things we found is the fees to use the software was getting to be a lot for our small company.

Response from PayJunction

Hi Bob,

It makes sense that as your business picks up, your credit card volume and fees will increase, too. With an Interchange or Tiered account, you are getting cost savings for medium- and low-risk transactions, which is great for your finances.

gabby

Its easy and fast

Reviewed on 16/01/2018

Pros

Fast and easy to operate. There is minimal info required for all transactions. The option to send the customer email receipts.

Response from PayJunction

Hi Gabby,

We're glad to hear so many elements of our software appeal to you!

Jeffrey
Jeffrey

We easily set it up and were taking credit cards immediately. Love the dashboard - so helpful...

Reviewed on 16/01/2018

Easy of use. Less input errors. Easy to reconcile CC payments.

Easy of use. Less input errors. Easy to reconcile CC payments.

Pros

Easy of use and user friendly interface (kept input time down as all our transactions were input from our back office people), kept track of chargers (this was very helpful because the information automatically loaded making for a huge reduction in input time for our administrative person), the dashboard. The dashboard quickly allowed us to view seasonality and monthly volumes.

Response from PayJunction

Hi Jeffrey,

We're glad to hear that using PayJunction has benefitted your business in numerous ways!

Joy

Easy to Use!

Reviewed on 25/09/2018

Pros

The system is so easy to use, the monthly statement is easy to understand, no hidden charges, customer service is friendly and knowledgeable.

Cons

I haven't found anything I am unhappy with.

Response from PayJunction

Hi Joy, we're so glad to hear that you're happy using PayJunction and have benefitted from our easy-to-read merchant statements and customer support.