Adobe Creative Cloud Express Reviews

Adobe Creative Cloud Express

4.6 (1,171)
Write a Review!
Free social media content maker software

(1,171)
4.5/5

Linda
Linda

Super easy! Design elements for the classroom!

Reviewed on 10/06/2021

Great tool for small businesses and for education. Very simple to use and there are tons of templates and tutorials, plus a huge image collection. In education, my students created several marketing materials and created a portfolio of their work, and for small business it will be great for social media, websites and blogs.

Pros

Adobe Spark has a range of functionality for design. From infographics to web pages, digital portfolios, slideshow videos and social media posts. All of these elements are fantastic for building assets for education and for student demonstration of knowledge.

Cons

When adding assets to a Spark webpage that are designed in Spark, you must first download the item as an image (infographics, social media posts, menus, posters, etc) before adding them to the Adobe Spark webpage. If it had a drag and drop function it would be very convenient.

Noah
  • Industry: Media Production

Adobe Creative Cloud Express (Formerly Adobe Spark) is Better than Canva

Reviewed on 20/06/2022

Frankly, I've quite enjoyed it. I recommend them over their competitor, Canva. Both Express and Canva do virtually the same thing, but Express has a few integrations with other Adobe products that makes it worth using instead of Canva (if you have the CC subscription). Plus, if you don't have the CC subscription, a subscription to Express is cheaper than Canva.

Express is a powerful, browser-based image (and I guess video, though that's not it's best feature) editor capable of producing professional-style images for business cards, social media, graphics, and more.

Pros

The software is simple, and easy to use. Upon logging in, I was able to go through a bunch of prebuilt templates, establish my brand identity (colors, upload fonts, logos, etc.) and begin creating graphics.

I am a huge fan of the interface, and I enjoy the extraordinarily powerful background-remover tool. It is almost always accurate, and causes graphic creation to be quite simple.

There's a button called, "Brandify" which will automatically insert your colors, logo, and fonts into the picture you've created (or the template you've grabbed) which makes for very quick creation/editing of graphics.

I primarily use CC Express for social media graphics, and I'll say that I personally think that they're better than their competitor, Canva. Both offer nearly the same tools, and Canva is just a little bit simpler, but CC Express is cheaper by a bit ($100 for a year subscription vs. Canva's $120). But the reason I prefer CC Express to Canva is that it integrates with the Adobe suite in small quality of life things that make using this software with other products very easy and compatible.

Cons

There's really only two things I dislike about this software.

First off, it has video editing capabilities. The video editing is primarily for social media graphics, though you can do some full-blown video editing. The thing is, most people likely have this product through the Adobe Creative Cloud subscription. If you do, you might as well use Premiere Rush or Premiere Pro, which are Adobe's video editors. Rush is a more powerful version than the one within Express, yet a simpler version of Pro. I don't see a use for the video editing when it's already in it's other products.

The load times can be horrendous. Most of the time I have no issues, but when I do have a loading issue, it can take minutes (the longest I've waited is 10 minutes to log in). This is rare, but it's always extremely inconvenient when it does happen. Also, if you're editing something and then your internet "hiccups" and connection changes for any reason, a popup will occur and tell you to refresh the page. Since the software saves automatically as you make edits, this generally isn't an issue. Though, occasionally, it will lose progress after a refresh, and you'll have to redo some work.

Heidi
  • Industry: Arts & Crafts

Misleading Introductory Random Photo Collage Generator with Multiple Photo Upload Feature

Reviewed on 24/11/2021

Spark was great, until I committed to using the software and the features I started using Spark for were no longer available, even under a higher priced tier.

Pros

It was very easy to use during prior to my workspace "becoming established." Other

Cons

Adobe Spark initially allowed me to create randomly generated multiple photo collages (which I could upload the photos all at once) for social media posting. This took me less than a minute. I used Spark to put together collages with 10-14 photos weekly for about six weeks. This I learned is available as a website promotion only (https://www.adobe.com/express/create/photo-collage "Design your free collage now"), since randomly generated multiple photo upload collages are not available for established users of Spark once your "desktop is established" according to the Adobe Spark Insiders FB Group. Now every photo must be uploaded individually, and there is no template to randomly generate a collage with pictures of different sizes/aspects, taking more than 15 minutes to do the exact thing I was previously doing in under one. This feature is the reason why I started using Spark. This style template for uploading multiple photos at once to create a random collage should be available to "established users of Spark." I will be finding another platform to use until this tease feature is an actual feature for people that actually commit to using Spark.

Nathalie
  • Company size: 5,001–10,000 Employees

A Powerhouse For All Creatives Alike

Reviewed on 15/04/2024

Adobe Creative Cloud Express is awesome for any and all graphical needs. From editing a pdf to creating a magazine- it's all right here!

Pros

Many years ago you would have to purchase each program from the Adobe Creative Suite separately (hundreds of dollars each), but now you get full access to all Adobe products for one low monthly fee AND none of the programs clutter up your desktop or take up memory because it's all done from the cloud!

Cons

I can't say I have a complaint. I love Adobe Creative Cloud.

Melanie
  • Industry: Leisure, Travel & Tourism

An advanced Creative’s Foundation

Reviewed on 09/01/2023

I’m very satisfied. I think when used you’re getting a bang for your buck. But I wouldn’t say to immediately run to this product. There are other free versions that can give more creative assistance if you’re not by nature a creative.

Pros

I love that Adobe has sectioned off every possible asset a creative may need within different apps. If you’re working within different parts of the industry, you can prioritize which apps can be more of use than others. It’s necessary to have Adobe Creative Suite knowledge for a majority of creative fields these days.

Cons

I dislike that I can’t pick and choose which apps I’d like to use beyond a specific payment tier. For example. The first tier might only include Lightroom, express, and photoshop but once you his the second, you have to invest in basically the remainder of the applications. ALSO IF YOU TRY TO CANCEL EARLY ADOBE WILL CHARGE YOU FOR THE REMAINDER OF THE TIME NOT USED FOR YOUR SUBSCRIPTION.ITS LIKE YOURE LOCKED INTO A ONE YEAR CONTRACT EACH YEAR. IVE ONLY SEEN A SIMILAR MODEL DONE WITH GYM MEMBERSHIPS SO BEWARE BECAUSE I CAN GET EXPENSIVE IN THE LONG RUN.

PicMonkey and Canva

Reasons for Choosing Adobe Creative Cloud Express

It’s free. It auto designs. I can collaborate. I don’t have to think.

I needed more functionality
Josh
Josh

Another Beautiful, Well-Functioning Adobe Product for Social Media and Website Graphic Design

Reviewed on 19/11/2021

Overall, I am so thankful for Adobe Spark because its design elements and tools are just superior and exceptional, wide-ranged, and varied enough to suit any design need or aesthetic.

Pros

Adobe Spark has been instrumental lately in the graphic design I've needed for my newer website. I've been designing a 90's style theme for an education business and have needed social media updates and designs as well as graphic elements to add to my website and advertising for my website. Adobe as always hits the mark with beautiful designs and templates, stock photos, and ideas that can be edited nicely as well.

Cons

The only con is that also like other Adobe products, there is a learning curve, although much less of one with this particular product than with what I've seen in Illustrator, for example.

David
David
  • Industry: Photography

A huge time saver

Reviewed on 21/08/2022

It's become my go-to for fast media posts.

It's become my go-to for fast media posts.

Pros

I discovered this a few months ago, and immediately dropped several other paid apps in favor of this one.

Scheduling across many social media platforms is the key for me.

Cons

Easier to use images I've already uploaded. I have multiple Facebook pages, but because FB and Instagram are linked, I can't upload to the correct Instagram account.

Serena
Serena
  • Industry: Online Media

Adobe Spark Is A Game Changer For Creators

Reviewed on 31/10/2020

Overall, I’m very happy with Adobe Spark. My projects look more professional; they’re easier to create; and it takes less time than my previous go-to app.

Pros

I love the user-friendliness.
Spark Post is my new go-to app, and I use it every day. Spark Page and Spark Video are also super easy to navigate.

Cons

The stock photos and template selections have room for improvement. Most of the options can also be found in other apps. With the vast resources at Adobe’s disposal, I think there should be a better and more exclusive selection.

Matej
Matej
  • Industry: Media Production
  • Company size: 1,001–5,000 Employees

Great for Social media posts and flyers

Reviewed on 09/05/2023

It saves me a lot of time.

It saves me a lot of time.

Pros

It is a tool that is really easy to use. It doesn't replace a designer, but when one is not available, Adobe Creative cloud offers a variety of great, professional templates.

Cons

Some fonts don't support central European letter/signs.

Danielle
Danielle
  • Industry: Design

Great program for fast design

Reviewed on 06/08/2019

Using this program on my phone is amazing. I am able to come up with a design in less than a minute.

Pros

How fast I can come up with a design using the program.

Cons

On the desktop, it seems to be limited when it comes to options

Adobe puts the creative into this nice compact package

Reviewed on 14/06/2022

I used a well know desktop / app editing suite when I first started as a consultant but because I got express in with my main package, at no extra cost, I started to try it out and moved completely to express within a month. Been using this now for over 2 years.

Pros

I've been with this package for a number of years - almost from the start. I've seen a number of great features added and only recently they have brought in direct scheduling to social media.

I particularly like the predesigned sizes for posts and the ability to take a design you have made and convert it to a template.

Working for different clients, I can also set up their brand colours, fonts and styles and quickly switch between or or another.

The app version is also great for taking posts you have created and animating them quicker than using the desktop version.

I use this across mac, windows and ipad.

Great facebook support group too.

Cons

I have the full desktop package for adobe which is how I got into using express however my only issue is that I have to pay extra to access it on the ipad. A pity that isn't included by I get that it's a different platform.

Reasons for Choosing Adobe Creative Cloud Express

Express was included in my adobe package at no cost

Express was included in my adobe package at no cost
Stephanie

Love love love this app.

Reviewed on 29/05/2023

I love it. The Neverending opportunities it provides is amazing all in itself.

I love it. The Neverending opportunities it provides is amazing all in itself.

Pros

The avaliable, endless, different things to choose from to help with your individual projects are amazing.

Cons

If for a simple one project task. It's pricey to use.

SimpleSet

Reasons for Switching to Adobe Creative Cloud Express

Had many templates, options, easy to use and helpful tools to know what would work best for your individual project
Joe

Finally... a design tool for non-designers!

Reviewed on 21/01/2020

As a project manager/account director at my company, I like to keep things moving and complete tasks quickly & efficiently. Adobe Spark allows me to create sharp designs for emails as well as banner ads and leave the 'heavier' lifting to our designers. We couldn't live without this tool.

Pros

Adobe Spark puts the power of Adobe's famous design tools in the hands of non-designers and marketing managers to handle the quick and easy creative tasks for various channels.

Cons

Adobe Spark is a fantastic tool for non-designers and market/channel managers. My only complaint is that I wish there were newer templates to choose from.

Abel

Adobe CC Express is ,the ONE!!

Reviewed on 08/06/2023

For me, one of the most valuable aspects of the software is its seamless integration with different applications. I appreciate its ability to provide easy access to my files and projects from anywhere via cloud storage. This feature is highly useful as it enables me to work on my projects from multiple devices, eliminating the need for constant file transfers or manual syncing. The convenience and flexibility this provides is a significant advantage for me, as I often need to access my work while on-the-go.

Pros

I am really satisfied with the diverse range of creative tools that Adobe Creative Cloud offers. The software provides a comprehensive selection of features that cater to various creative needs, including image and video editing, graphic design, and animation. I find this versatility particularly helpful as it enables me to complete my creative projects in one platform, rather than having to switch between different applications. This all-in-one solution simplifies my workflow and helps me achieve my creative goals more efficiently, which is a significant advantage for me.

Cons

I find that cloud software launchers consume too much memory and CPU, which can be frustrating as I prefer not to have unnecessary processes running in the background. It would be great if I could have a local license with a weekly internet connection renewal instead of relying solely on the cloud. Additionally, having multiple instances of the software for personal and school work can negatively impact my cloud sharing functionality, and I wish there was a universal subscription to cover both.

Nicole
  • Industry: Publishing

Easiest Program for Creating Pinterest Images

Reviewed on 24/09/2019

Adobe Spark has enabled me to create pinnable images for my website that are in line with my brand image quickly . This has saved me valuable time. Especially when I need to create new relevant graphics when I update blog posts or as seasons and trends change.

Pros

This software is just so simple to use. Once you set up branding - your fonts, logos, brand colors, etc. It's so easy so create branded graphics; especially pinterest graphics with a photo and text overlay.

Cons

When I first began using this software I was unsure because it lacked some features that other programs I've used had. Such as being able to drag and drop shapes, frames etc. HOWEVER, after some time I was happy these features were gone . It simplified the graphic creating processing and saved me time. For graphics that needed more complex tools, I opened and edited the image in Adobe Photoshop but I only need those features maybe 5% of the time.

PicMonkey and Canva

Ayesha
Ayesha
  • Company size: 501–1,000 Employees

Light Your Life on Fire with Adobe Spark

Reviewed on 30/06/2019

Overall, I love Adobe Spark. I ended up researching ways to use it to conceive of educational materials to assist English Language Learners with their vocabulary development. The software has immense potential as an educational technology tool that students and teachers can use to demonstrate their learning or enhance their teaching.

Pros

This software has an excellent user interface that scaffolds the tools easily for ultimate content creation. Without having professional experience and needing high-tech tools, I can easily create web pages, multimedia videos, and graphics. As an aspiring teacher, I love that Adobe Spark is available for free to schools that also includes offering their premium features for free. Furthermore, the Adobe Spark suite allows me to create a variety of instructional materials, such as electronic newsletters, exit tickets, etc. I feel like I am already a professional designer without buying high-tech software to create relevant educational content.

Cons

What I like least about Adobe Spark is that there are watermarks that I must constantly turn off to make sure my designs are unique and original. Additionally, the branding features are for premium users, which is a downside for those who are on tight budgets.

Patrick
Patrick

I love Adobe Spark

Reviewed on 14/12/2021

I always see people talking about Canva, but that is because they don't know Adobe Spark. I have always used Adobe products and love the integration of the Applications. I just don't like the support. I find it hard to get access to them.

Pros

It has a VERY easy and nice interface, useful tools for developing elaborate or simple layouts, and very beautiful templates of graphic pieces in the most used formats in everyday life.

Cons

y only problem until today is as an Abobe subscriber for years is support for changing the payment method,

Christian
  • Industry: Publishing

Best video editing, web and graphics designing features at one place

Reviewed on 13/05/2022

Pros

Graphics design pro features are best in the industry. Intuitive interface and features for logo, flyers and more at ease.
Ability to work on smartphone enables me to design anything anywhere as I become inspired.

Cons

It has a little bit of learning curve as people unfamiliar with adobe applications can take time to easily use it.
The interface is nice but it can be improved because Conva provides a better interface

Joel
  • Industry: Arts & Crafts

Essential for content creation and Social Posts

Reviewed on 08/11/2022

Overall I really enjoy and appreciate this software and use it daily, it's helped me to create the posts I need in very little time and has assisted me in creating streamlined and consistent branded images and social posts.

Pros

I love the ease of use and the variety of posts you can make using the software. I use the software to create and manage posts for my own brand and for a client and it's easy to switch between two branded templates and to keep everything connected and uniform. I love the stock libraries and the ability to import logos, fonts, images to keep everything exactly as you want it.

Cons

I feel the video templates could be improved or updated, they don't feel helpful for creating modern content, the same with the animation features. I would like more control or options in those areas.

Great for quick mock-ups and saving time on communications

Reviewed on 03/06/2019

Pros

Spark provides a variety of templates and style options. The design wizard tools produce balanced and attractive looks that are great for quick posters, flyers, and social media posts. You can also easily produce ebook covers.

Spark recently made it possible for you to download PDF versions of your designs, which has been really helpful for my team, as sometimes we need to make quick adjustments using other tools and can now edit the PDFs directly. For example, if you're integrating a cover image into a report that must be numbered following a particular standard, you're now able to do so with ease.

If you have a creative cloud account, you can sign in. The soundtracks and fonts available in Spark are licensed for commercial use (provided you're using them IN a Spark project), which is great for quickly building parts of your campaign.

Cons

*I haven't tried the web page builder so I cannot comment on this.
*The main limitation of the editor is that you can't order objects easily; if your design requires that kind of manipulation.
*Stock images that you find using the search may have limitations on use. The sources that they're using aren't bad (for example, unsplash images have basically no restrictions), but you do need to be careful about what you choose.

Bandie
  • Industry: Broadcast Media

A traumatic experience with Adobe

Reviewed on 31/01/2024

Cons

I had a traumatic experience with Adobe while I was trying to cancel my subscription. It felt like I was held prisoner. I went through the website and discovered there is no feature that allows users to cancel or pause subscription. So I then opted to go into the chat feature which surprisingly for a tech company, is very primitive and is still in learning mode. So I decided to request for a live chat with an actual person to get me out of my subscription. I went back and forth with three different assistants for most of my day, all three of them claiming to offer me deals that I knew were not deals. I was offered a free month service (which I knew I already had), but they would not address my request to cancel the subscription or even acknowledge it, it was an ordeal for me. When I start demanding for the cancellation and asking that they even email me to confirm the cancellation they suddenly disappear from chat (I can't make this up). By the time I got to the third chat assistant I eventually started threatening him telling him that I had screenshots of our conversation and that I demanded to be 'released from the bondage', he finally succumbed to the pressure. It was the most frustrating experience I have ever had to deal with. My reason for canceling my subscription was that I currently cannot afford to have the service, and the fact that I kept saying it but was ignored is insane! I initially just wanted to pause my subscription if possible, but the way I am so turned off by Adobe service I don't think I could ever get myself into this situation again!

Razak
  • Industry: Cosmetics

Adobe Spark, professional Graphic design simplified

Reviewed on 14/04/2021

Adobe Spark has really helped in my work. As a designer when I need to do quick designs I always use Spark. It allows me to create stunning graphics within minutes. I am able to design flyers, posters, logos, cards and a whole lot of other graphics.

Pros

Adobe Spark is an amazing design software, it allows you to create professional graphic and media designs even if you are a beginner. My favorite thing about Adobe spark is the huge collection of thousands of templates available for you to edit and use. The UI is simple and easy to use, the output quality of the designs are top Notch. As a designer I'm impressed by Adobe spark. It has a lot to offer. You should try it asap. 😁

Cons

I think Adobe spark could include more stock images in the app which can be used for designs.

Lee
Lee

Great value design suite

Reviewed on 17/06/2022

I've had to learn the apps I use from scratch, but the tutorial videos are top-notch.

Pros

It's really easy to use and looks beautiful. You can add or remove apps with ease, and it's really affordable.

Cons

There have been quite a few glitches. Recently I had to spend an hour figuring out why I couldn't export GIFs from photoshop. But the Adobe help centre had the solution.

Raymel
Raymel

A love Adobe Spark

Reviewed on 17/06/2020

I love it, is just a great tool that is simple to use and allows you to make fine quality designs.

Pros

I started using this app looking for something that would allow me to make quick posts in return I got the best portable designing tool.

- It is super easy to use.
- It can be used multiplatform
-The amount of free content and layouts is just amazing.

Cons

- Some times some saved designs can get distorted or corrupted, this includes misaligning the items in the design.
- I would love for more features on the paid version.

Corey
Corey

Everything In One Place

Reviewed on 27/01/2022

Overall, it's a great software / platform and I couldn't imagine my team doing their work without it - just wish they'd fix whatever causes there to be so many updates and versions of each software included.

Pros

Great that my team can have access to all Adobe platform's under one room - easy to install what you want and leave out what you don't. Adobe software always industry leading when it comes to design and editing.

Cons

The update system - seems to be always an update and recently discovered the updates caused me to have 4-5 versions of every platform I had installed, slowing my computer down and taking up valuable disk space. I had to install each version 1 by 1 which was very time consuming.