Thryv

Write a Review!
All-in-one management software built for small business

4.0/5
4.1/5
4.1/5
4.3/5

Caitlyn
Caitlyn

Great tool for a small business looking to grow!

Reviewed on 13/12/2020

Overall, I'm very happy with Thryv! It helps me come across as more professional, and I like that there are options to scale as my business grows

Pros

Thryv is easy to use and has a lot of the tools I needed for my small business. The scheduling tool and website help me to have a more professional presence.

Cons

Sometimes the app is slow to load, but overall I'm happy with my Thryv experience!

Response from Thryv

Hi Caitlyn, thank you for your review! We are happy to hear that Thryv is meeting your business needs. It is important to make sure you have an online presence now more than ever, and we are glad that you have chosen us to help!

Thryv is constantly looking for ways to improve, and your feedback helps. We have a few things in the works for 2021. To stay up to date, feel free to leave a suggestion in your Thryv software, and you will get a notification of the latest news. - Gabe

Garrett
  • Industry: Environmental Services

A Huge Help for Small Businesses

Reviewed on 25/08/2020

Thryv launched my company and helped me grow to a place where I needed more specific software to meet my growing needs. I couldn't have imagined a better way to launch my business.

Pros

I love how Thryv puts all the major pieces of software automation for a small business into one location that is easily accessible via a web browser or app. For small business owners who also work in the field, the Thryv App is critical to continue switching out the technician and manager hats.

Cons

Thryv is a great piece of software but, because it is built for a generic audience, lacks features necessary for some specific industries. For me in pest control, there are a lot of pieces of Thryv that would make me want to use it as my primary system; however, because it is missing a couple critical pieces of data that I need to collect (like weather when we are spraying and pesticides we apply), I needed to buy another system which I use more than Thryv.

GorillaDesk and FieldRoutes

Reasons for Switching to Thryv

Thryv met my early needs better than either, but I need to use PestRoutes as well now that my company has grown because it offers some mission critical technology that Thryv doesn't, and likely will never, offer because Thryv is not specific to my industry.

Response from Thryv

Hey Garrett, thank you for your feedback, we are excited that you are enjoying Thryv! Our team is always open to feedback. On your Thryv dashboard, you'll see the feedback button in the bottom right-hand corner. Let us know what you would need to make the system work for your industry. We look forward to hearing your ideas.
- Gabe

Chelsea
  • Industry: Arts & Crafts

Expensive, glitchy and no help

Reviewed on 06/06/2023

- The cost is astronomical - they don’t mention that you don’t get all of the “extras” like Thryvpay when you signup. - had to pay per team member plus a monthly fee - there was no free trial - there was an onboarding fee for $400 (I never got to be fully onboarded and they refused to refund it)Customer Service - their onboarding specialists are only available during business hours EST - their onboarding specialists didn’t know how to use the program. They only showed me things I could’ve figured out on my own and when there was an issue, they said they’d “look in it and get back to me” which they never did. - Upon cancelling I was told that that it was a six month term and they would not refund me for the $400 and month I wasted trying to get the software to work and the most they could do was not charge my card again.Don’t bother looking at Thryv as an option. It’s expensive and useless!

Pros

This was supposed to be a solution to having 10 different apps instead it malfunctioned and glitched.

Cons

-The features didn't work or were lacking functionality - The competitor watch wouldn't load after adding in competitors - the social media management didn't have the capacity to crop photos - the calendar wouldn't load - my emails weren't going into my inbox - had to pay per team member plus a monthly fee - there was no free trial - there was an onboarding fee for $400 (I never got to be onboarded and they refused to refund it) - their onboarding specialists are only available during business hours EST

Response from Thryv

Hi Chelsea, we are sorry to hear about your experience with Thryv. If you would like to send an email to [email protected] with your account and any other details, I can send this to our team for further assistance. - Gabe

Renee
  • Industry: Professional Training & Coaching

Are you a small business looking to thrive? Then you need Thryv!

Reviewed on 11/02/2023

I L-O-V-E using Thryv! I am your #1 fan.

I L-O-V-E using Thryv! I am your #1 fan.

Pros

As a Leadership Coach, I am focused on helping my clients to remove obstacles so that they can be successful. Thryv does just this in my business. It offers me so many services in one package that frees up my time to focus on my clients. Thryv allows me to work smarter, not harder.

Cons

The software - nothing. The price point is hard for small businesses. When you are a solopreneur, with a single employee (a.k.a. yourself), it is hard to make a monthly payment of $300-500 / month. Is it worth it? A-B-S-O-L-U-T-E-L-T-Y!! I wish there were leveled pricing plans.

Reasons for Switching to Thryv

Ease of having one platform to integrate one "job" in one place.

Response from Thryv

Hi Renee, WOW thank you so much for your raving review, we truly appreciate it. We are so excited to see that your investment in Thryv is paying off and you are seeing a difference in your business. If you ever need assistance, please call our Free 24-Hour Thryv Support line at 844-998-4798. - Gabe

Michael

Great all-around business building system

Reviewed on 07/12/2019

We chose Thryv because its a powerful value add to our Business Acceleration Platform that is easy for our clients to understand and use. No rocket science!

Pros

Extensive and easy to use marketing feature set. Easy to connect and move data between Thryv and other applications. Includes basic invoices and payment processing and can be connected to quickbooks seamlessly.

Cons

The messaging system was a little off-putting til I understood its key value. You can't embed images or video, or add attachments. You also can't format text or use html. In other words, this will not replace regular email. However, it does allow you to track conversations whether by email or text messages in one place. That's valuable.

Response from Thryv

Thanks for the review, Michael! We're happy to hear you've enjoyed your Thryv experience! Let us know if there's anything you need! We're here to help.

Kathy
  • Industry: Consumer Services

Thryv Review

Reviewed on 15/05/2020

My Social media problems are being solved with Thryv. I will be able to be out there on social media a lot more and by doing so, hoping to grow my business more.

Pros

Thryv is an easy program to use once the customer support walks you through it. Their customer support really makes sure that all the training you receive, you understand. Great system. I like how Thryv handles all the social media aspect of my business, so I don't have to take the time to post on every social media site out there.

Cons

The only feature that I don't like about Thryv is that when I am scheduling clients, it will not let me input more than one service at a time for a client. I have to schedule one service at a time for clients, and that can be confusing for them because then they end up getting multiple txts about their appointment, and they don't know what time their actual appointment is scheduled for.

Response from Thryv

Hi Kathy! I'm so glad to hear Thryv is making managing your social media a breeze! I'm sorry to hear about your scheduling issue. If a phone call doesn't work, you can always reach out to us by emailing [email protected] for any questions or concerns you have! Thanks for the great feedback! -Chandlor

Dave
  • Industry: Media Production

Thryv for a field operations company

Reviewed on 31/05/2022

It has been a great experience, my costs are lower and my web presence is much better.

Pros

by far, the best feature is the optimization of my website with the 45+ search engines. All of our websites for all three regions are on first page of Google search engines thanks to their system. The customer portal is an awesome feature and so is the ease of use on the phone app.

Cons

The inability to send booking notifications and emails to multiple customers. Many of my customers are teams and I can only email and invoice a single person. I have to use workarounds for this.

Housecall Pro, ServiceTitan, Jobber and mHelpDesk

Reasons for Choosing Thryv

Service Fusions customer interface app and portals never improved for the 3.5 years that I used them.

Reasons for Switching to Thryv

Customer portal and google search engine optimizer.

Response from Thryv

Hi Dave, thank you very much for your review and for choosing Thryv. We are beyond excited to see you show up on Google searches and on the first page! If you ever need assistance, please call our Free 24-Hour Thryv Support line at 844-998-4798. - Gabe

maher

Great Product Great Support

Reviewed on 26/04/2021

enrollment for our school and engagement for our families

enrollment for our school and engagement for our families

Pros

I liked the integration of the system with all of our functions Additionally, the support from our teams at Thryv has been phenomenal Love this product and this group!!!!

Cons

I am pleased with the software cannot think of anything

Constant Contact and Hootsuite

Reasons for Switching to Thryv

I was trying to use both systems and it was much better to use Thryv and have all of these items coordinated and maintained in one central location- being able to load documents and easily share them with families is incredibly useful

Response from Thryv

Hi Maher, we are glad to hear that Thryv was easy to integrate and makes your day-to-day run smoother. As you know, anytime you need assistance, feel free to call our 24-Hour Thryv Support line at 844-998-4798. - Gabe

Kelly
  • Industry: Photography

New to thryv

Reviewed on 11/05/2022

The customer service has been amazing. It is a lot more complicated getting it all set up than anticipated. I need weekly meetings to go over everything and still have more to set up. Not happy with the invoicing, getting use to the scheduling.

Pros

I can do everything on one platform. My realtors can request a session and organizing clients conversation in one platform as well.

Cons

Hard to set up. Invoicing not what I used in the past. I don't seem to have as much control over the appearance of my invoices being sent out.

Response from Thryv

Hi Kelly, thank you for your review. It's great to hear that you can do everything from one platform! Thank you for your feedback on the invoicing layout. If you could, can you send me an email to [email protected] with more details? I can pass this along to our team. - Gabe

Starr
Starr

Making Life Easier

Reviewed on 22/05/2020

Overall, I still believe this software will be of great benefit to my business.

Overall, I still believe this software will be of great benefit to my business.

Pros

I appreciate that I can have everything in one location. Contacts, email, calendar, etc. So nice to be able to track things better.

Cons

The email marketing feature needs to be updated so that you can use it as a newsletter. You should be able to load more than one video or link. In addition, when someone first begins using this feature, it can be very frustrating when a few bounce backs shuts you down and you have to contact administration to get the feature reactivated.

Response from Thryv

Hey Starr! Thanks for an insightful review. I'm glad to hear you're enjoying the benefits of Thryv! While we're constantly working to improve our product, we love to hear our client's thoughts on the features they use. You can always call our On Demand team at 844-998-4798 for questions, feedback and comments on our software and its features! -Chandlor

Angelo

Amazing business management software

Reviewed on 13/05/2020

Honestly, I've had an overall great experience with Thryv. They have great customer support and have the digital marketing tool of the future. Great price for the value.

Pros

I love using the social media scheduling tool because it saves me a lot of time compared to before. I also use the appointment scheduler on a daily basis. The reminders help me remember all my appointments and help to remind my clients of the time. The website widgets have been a great addition and really help increase the amount of people contacting our business.

Cons

Sometimes when I am trying to access my Thryv software via mobile, it just keeps loading but never opens. That can get a bit annoying. Also, sometimes the software can be a bit glitchy, not load in certain areas. Also, the social media scheduling tool sometimes randomly disconnects my social media profiles and cancels the posts I had scheduled. That is a bit annoying as well.

Response from Thryv

Hey Angelo! Thanks for the great review. We are always looking for ways to improve the quality of our product and fix bugs/glitches. We love having SEO Marketing Masters as part of our Thryv family! Let us know if you ever need anything. We're here to help. -Chandlor

• Industry: Consumer Services

Playful Paws review

Reviewed on 14/06/2022

The employees associated with Thry were good at what they did, but just were not able to get the software program to where I needed it to be. I was not happy with being told that the software would work for my business, then after signing contract locking me into 6 months of payments seeing that the employees were not able to get the software to work for me as needed.

Pros

The only features that I found really useful for my business was the showing what and who owes for payment and the invoices sent at the end of day for owners to see what they currently owe. The feature that allowed owners to make payments themselves was also something that I liked for my business.

Cons

The software was not really equipped for my business as I was told it was. The booking feature was not a good designed feature and did not work well.

Response from Thryv

Hi Melanie, thank you for your review and feedback. We apologize for the experience you had with Thryv. If you would like to provide us with more details, you can send them to [email protected]. - Gabe

Matt
  • Industry: Insurance

Simplifies

Reviewed on 30/06/2022

The customer service/training is second to none! I had to take the time, but the small 1 hour trainings over a 3-4 week period was perfect for our implementation. We knew how to use all of its capabilities.

Pros

A great tool that is fairly easy to use. I love that all of my Social media can be engaged with one entry. I love the interaction i get with my customers. They can engage me in multiple ways.

Cons

It does not download from IVANS. To be Ideal for an Insurance agency i feel the download capability is pretty important. That is all that this system is missing in my opinion.

EZLynx

Reasons for Choosing Thryv

I didn't know how to use AMS360.

Vertafore AMS360

Reasons for Switching to Thryv

Social media engagement and website support

Response from Thryv

Hey Matt, thank you so much for your review! It is always great to hear how communicating and working with your clients is easier with Thryv.

Thank you for your feedback as well. I will make sure to send this to our team for them to look into. If you ever need assistance, please call our Free 24-Hour Thryv Support line at 844-998-4798. - Gabe

Improvements needed

Reviewed on 08/02/2022

Business automation has gotten a lot easier, as well as communication with customers

Pros

simplicity of the software makes it easy for new employees to learn.

Cons

many hiccups, or features not working properly, many error messages and when screenshot are sent to the Thryv support they then request video recordings, because they can't figure out how to fix it. also it would be nice to be able to move line items up and down on estimates and invoices. Thryv support is not very organized and too many people reach out to attempt to fix things and not having nay information available to them, so things have to be repeated multiple times. Can get very frustrating. An additional feature for project management would also be very helpful for construction. Being able to track P&L would be nice.

JobNimbus and Buildertrend

Price and some features

Response from Thryv

Hi Melanie, thank you for your feedback and I am sorry to hear about your experience with Thryv. I would love to see if I can help in any way, would you mind sending your account information to [email protected]? I can send your account to our Executive Claims team for further assistance. - Gabe

Jeromy
  • Industry: Insurance

Wouldn't run a business without it

Reviewed on 11/07/2023

It is crucial to the business I run!!

It is crucial to the business I run!!

Pros

I have made a lot of mistakes in business. THRYV IS NOT ONE OF THEM. They designed a beautiful website and created a professional image both for me, my clients, and my competition. I set the bar when it comes form, fit and function of business operations. The customization you can develop and the ease to adapt to the ever changing business world is crucial and central to the small business owner. Thryv has taken everything I've thrown at and is critical part of what I do daily

Cons

My only complaint is the time it takes to get an ACH payment. From the posture of being constructively critical if you could adapt reels in posting to social media that would be phenomenal

Response from Thryv

Hi Jeromy, WOW, thank you so much for your review and kind words. It is great to see how Thryv is helping your business with its online presence and helping with your customer experience. If you ever need assistance with anything, please call our Free 24-Hour Thryv Support line at 844-998-4798. - Gabe

Brittany

Best Software I Have Tried

Reviewed on 20/05/2021

9 out of 10

9 out of 10

Pros

I love being able to have the information I need regarding scheduling in once place. All of my correspondence with customers is in one place from the initial appointment, to estimates, and job approvals.

Cons

I run multiple crews and the the way the schedule works doesnt allow me to group on crews daily appts so I have to color code but it doesnt flow as I need it to and can be hard to read and ease to confuse tasks if you dont really pay attention. It is hurt us a few times but I am hoping it will soon be a non-issue.

Example: If I have four jobs to divide between two crews, depending on when the work comes in and appointments determines on where on the daily calander the appt is placed and it would be really nice to be able to reorder appoints to when i have multiple appointments for different crews that are scheduled for the same time I can flip flop the placement so one crews appoints are together in the order they should be run instead of mixed and set due to how the calendar enterers information.

Response from Thryv

Hi Brittany, thank you so much for your review and feedback. Thryv is continuing to evolve and will release enhancements throughout 2021. In your Thryv Dashboard, you can leave suggestions to our team and follow the topic for the latest updates. - Gabe

• Industry: Facilities Services

Needs a little tweaking, but all in all not a bad product

Reviewed on 06/07/2023

Generally speaking, this product will do what a small business needs it to do. It keeps track of your accounts, allows you to send estimates and invoices, keeps track of what is outstanding (clunky), and helps with marketing campaigns. Even though some areas still need work, the software team is consistently making improvements and updates.

Pros

This product was very easy to learn and implement. The customer service people are pleasant.

Cons

I am not happy with the search function in the Billing & Invoicing section. It would be really nice to be able to search by company name or child account name in this area. While this is a great CRM system, this is definitely not an accounting software. Some areas refer to open invoices as payments which is not just inaccurate, but the opposite of what they are. I find the reporting to be clunky and cumbersome as well.

Response from Thryv

Hi Melanie, thank you for your review and valuable feedback. It is always great to hear how you are enjoying Thryv and how we can improve. I will be passing this information on to our team. - Gabe

Quille
  • Industry: Professional Training & Coaching

Thryv has helped me thrive!

Reviewed on 05/10/2020

Overall experience comparable to other systems is fantastic!

Overall experience comparable to other systems is fantastic!

Pros

The thing I like most about the software is how user friendly it is. The system sometimes acts as my assistant when I’m in desperate need of one. It’s also very easy for my clients and customers to use which is a huge plus. Takes a lot of work and time off of my hands that I can put into the business.

Cons

Not much. Wish it was cheaper, but it’s worth every penny! ;)

Mindbody

Mindbody

Response from Thryv

Hey Quille, we are excited to hear that Thryv is easy to use for you and your clients. Yes, we believe Thryv can be your 24-Hour Online assistant when you need it and glad to hear that it is worth the investment to make your business successful! - Gabe

Tim

Very poor customer service

Reviewed on 07/03/2021

Initial contact was great. By the time I was paid up and committed, communication went downhill extremely quick. I made contact with management and project managers, appointments were set up, a day or two prior to the appointment I would receive an email that they apologized for scheduling conflicts and that they would reschedule within 48 hours. I emailed and tried to reschedule and no response.
My recommendation is to explore other companies as I have now and am very happy with results and spending much less.

Pros

Did not have a chance that get to it. Management continuously cancelled appointments and did not call back to reschedule. After numerous attempts to reschedule by myself, I gave up.

Cons

Never had a chance to use it. Poor management and training.a

Response from Thryv

Hi Tim, we are sorry to hear about your experience. We pride ourselves on our customer service and take this very seriously. We regret that you did not get the high level we strive for and will be taking this feedback to be better. If you ever have any questions, please call our Free 24-Hour Thryv Support line at 844-998-4798. - Gabe

Jonathon
  • Industry: Facilities Services

Excellent for scheduling, invoicing, and social posts; not great for web editing.

Reviewed on 20/08/2022

Overall, I wish I didn't use them to host my website, but I'm thrilled with them for the administration side of things. So it's a mixed bag. The web side is rough, but the admin side for scheduling, social media, and invoicing do tend to make up for it.

Pros

It makes administration much more manageable for invoicing, scheduling appointments, and managing multiple social media profiles in one place.

Cons

The web editor is kind of terrible. Very limited if you don't know how to code, not intuitive at all on the user interface side of things.

Response from Thryv

Hi Jonathon, thank you so much for your review and feedback. We are glad to hear that Thryv is helping you manage your day-to-day. We appreciate the feedback on the website editor and will continue to make updates to make sure it is working for you. - Gabe

Dr Robert

Customer Service is the worst imaginable

Reviewed on 24/08/2018

Business problem is I believe they look at what they collect from client each month and only do that amount of work. They are not interested in maximizing a business’s potential. They actually took nearly $1000.00 and then said they would have an ad produced in a couple of days and it took 3 weeks and then now another 3 weeks. It took long time for the to reimburse me after I complained.

Pros

I’m able to respond to customers quickly

Cons

Customer Service is a nightmare. We are on our 5th representative and she like the others just disappears by not answering phone calls or texts for several days. Software designing takes months to design and changes take a month to do. They are not helpful with google review issues either. Will be calling to see speak to someone about what it is going to take to have another company host the website for us.

Response from Thryv

Hello Dr. Howell,

Client satisfaction is our top priority and I apologize that customer service expectations weren't met during your attempts to reach us. That's not indicative of the Thryv experience. I was happy to hear that you were able to speak with Ken in our Executive Care Dept and get all concerns addressed and resolved. Thank you for being a valued client!

- Ed

Donna
  • Used for 1-5 months

Worst experience

Reviewed on 11/04/2020

Never. Never. Never. purchase this product. They want to mention the 6 month contract I signed. However, in order to have a fully executed contract - I agree to use product for 6 mos. But they have to deliver a quality and functional product. They did not. This is the worse thing I've ever wasted money on in my 13 years of business. I have had to pay my bank to stop payment for future payments. As of today, I have not gotten refunded my initial down payment from the launch (if that's what you want to call it) of the product 6 weeks ago. Worse 6 weeks of my life.

Pros

There was nothing I liked about this experience. It was hands down the worst I've ever had purchasing software. Everyday was a new promise and a new lie. No integrity whatsoever from anyone in the company. Customer service was horrible and no one I worked with was knowledgeable about fixing anything.

Cons

We purchase this software. Nothing worked. They promised integration with QB Online. It took from March 3 to March 13 to sync my QB client database into Thryv. Then, there were thousands upon thousands of duplicates that they expected our staff to spend time deleting. After weeks, we finally got ready to launch Thryve. It would not integrate with QB from the App Market. We couldn't get an email to verify our email so that we could send automated campaigns. Google wouldn't integrate nor our social media which is another reason for purchase - to get reviews from our clients. By the time we cancelled after 6 weeks, not only did we not get to use Thryv for one single transaction, but it then integrated thousands of duplicates into our QB online. I have just spent 12 hours deleting duplicates and I'm not even half way through my client database.

Response from Thryv

Hi Donna, I'm so sorry to hear about your dissatisfactory experience. I wanted to let you know that I've contacted our Head of Product Services and someone on the team is looking into your account now. They will be reaching out to you soon. Let us know what else we can help you with and again, I deeply apologize for the trouble. -Chandlor

Jenny
  • Industry: Medical Practice

Disappointed, Don't waste your time or money

Reviewed on 31/08/2023

Cons

For someone who doesn't like to leave negative reviews... IF I could leave no stars, I would. We started a website with them and 7 months later it was still not running. Customer service was terrible and critical errors about our business including the wrong phone number, the WRONG type of medical practice was listed despite us reaching out asking for it to be changed and every single meeting we had to set up the website, the rep was an hour late!!! After us being very understanding and just asked to please just be done with them.... they continue to bill us AND now are threatening collections for a service WE DIDN'T EVEN receive. I am disappointed that anyone would do business this way.

Response from Thryv

Hi Jenny, I am sorry to hear about your experience with Thryv. If you would like to send an email to [email protected], with your account information and any other details, I can send it to our team for further assistance. - Gabe

Lena
  • Industry: Machinery
  • Used for 1+ year

Do Not Use This Service

Reviewed on 21/09/2018

Thryv/Dex is a terrible company. I have spent numerous hours with their customer service, business "advisor", management, etc. I was told our company subscription and account ended on a certain date. Based on that information in writing, I hired a new company. They failed to inform me that it was automatically renewed. I am now out hundreds of dollars to the new company I hired on. The customer service is terrible. I have approximately 10 emails over a span that to this day have never been responded to. When I addressed all of the problems we have experienced with their service while our business "advisor" was in the office, she walked out when I stated we wanted to be released and have it in writing that we should be released stating "you know, this comes out of my paycheck". I have never in my entire business career experienced such terrible quality and customer service from a company.

Pros

I literally have nothing positive to say about this company or their services.

Cons

The only services we utilized were the FB posts. The majority of those were blocked by FB and had very little to negative impact with our FB followers.

Response from Thryv

Update 12/7:

Hello Lena,

Thank you for allowing us to contact you and address your concerns. We greatly appreciate you choosing to continue your relationship with Thryv!

- Ed

Good afternoon Lena,

We hate to lose you as a valued Thryv client. The issues outlined regarding your product satisfaction and the customer service received during your attempts to discuss this matter definitely concern us. You will be promptly contacted and we'll work to address and resolve this matter for you.

Ed

Paul

Better CRM than Hubspot

Reviewed on 14/07/2023

Excellent.

Excellent.

Pros

CRM functionality is easy and powerful.

Cons

Only thing I can think of is some additional customizability on the different kinds of clients.

Response from Thryv

Hi Paul, thank you for your review. It is great to see how Thryv has helped you stay more organized with your clients through our CRM. If you ever need assistance, please call our Free 24-Hour Thryv Support line 844-998-4798. - Gabe