Pro

Remote access tool for individuals & small businesses

3.7/5
4.4/5
4.3/5
4.0/5

Carlos
  • Industry: Chemicals

LogMeIn Pro is exceptional remote access software.

Reviewed on 18/01/2022

The LogMeIn Pro software has been used for over 2 years by myself and the IT team for remote access to work computers. We used it a lot during the COVID pandemic to access shared intranet folders and documents. The interface is fluid, clean and very pleasant to use for a long time.

Pros

The LogMeIn Pro software has pleased me a lot in terms of technical remote access and support for some junior developers. I access files daily on the intranet with LogMeIn Pro and it has always been stable, without lags and delays. It is also possible to use collaboration features using chat, voice and video with the assistant during a remote access help.

Cons

LogMeIn Pro is nothing short of competing software. It has great visuals and features and especially a good price technical support. I don't see any problems to report.

Brandy
  • Industry: Veterinary

Great Remote Access Software!

Reviewed on 30/07/2020

LogMeIn Pro has allowed us to work remotely fairly effortlessly for a reasonable cost. It has really helped us to provide more flexibility to our employees to get their work done, or to still be able to provide support to our team despite being forced to stay home (such as during self-quarantine due to COVID-19, etc.). I haven't worked with their customer support team because I haven't needed to (which is a good thing since we haven't had problems!), so I can't comment on that.

Pros

It is an excellent price for the functionality. I also like the pricing structure as compared to TeamViewer (it allows unlimited users, and you pay based on how many computers you are accessing). It is very easy to use, with very few kinks. It also is very nice that it saves the log-in information to the computer so that you don't have to type it every time.

Cons

The mobile app is a bit frustrating because it changes the resolution of the screen you are remote accessing, I assume because it's trying to make things more visible, but then you can't see the other parts of the screen or certain buttons on the program that we use the most. It would be nice if it was optional to change the resolution, but it does it automatically. I would like to just zoom in when necessary and otherwise see the entire screen.

Reasons for Choosing Pro

The cost of TeamViewer and the way that the user/remote computer pathways were set up with relation to the price plans was not a good fit for us. Because you had to pay per user and per path, it would have been way too expensive for our business to purchase the software (we were previously using the free version just to see how it worked for us). Otherwise, TeamViewer is also very nice software.

Ivo
  • Industry: Luxury Goods & Jewelry
  • Company size: 501-1,000 Employees

Value Remote Desktop Solution

Reviewed on 04/04/2019

Can be used to have a remote access solution for your business for access and support purposes. Great control system for administrators and a great concept behind it.
Downside is the need to have the local administrator rights to be able to log in.

Pros

Logmein can be easy to manage via their web interface and desktop application. Is a low cost solution to a large remote control environment. Allows you to control and track user access, can be used from a mobile device which can be extremely useful in certain situations.

Cons

To remote access the computer you have to have the local or domain administrator credentials. If i wanted to give a non admin user access to their desktop PC from their laptop it is not possible to accomplish via logmein.
Desktop client has extremely limited functionality - most of the management has to be done from the web interface that has poor support for popular browsers like Chrome.

Daniel

Expensive for Remote Management Software

Reviewed on 27/08/2022

Pros

It has a robust feature set and has apps for Windows, iOS, Android, and Mac.

Cons

It's very expensive for what I've used it for, but it's also more reliable.

Steven
  • Industry: Food & Beverages
  • Used for 1+ year

Great Software, but Too Expensive

Reviewed on 31/01/2020

I loved it until the price became too prohibitive to continue using it.

Pros

I liked the Remote Access feature, the ability to remotely manage without connecting to the screen.

Cons

After they hiked up their prices, we switched to a cheaper alternative.

ConnectWise Control and Splashtop Remote Support

Reasons for Switching to Pro

I didn't. I chose one of the others over LMI due to cost.

Great for Customer Support

Reviewed on 14/11/2017

It is the perfect fit for customer support, especially across different operating systems.

Pros

As far as remote access programs go, this is one of the best we have used. It allows access across operating systems, which is very beneficial and not true of some of the popular competing products. Taking this one step further LogMeIn maps numeric keypads from Mac to PC as well, which has been a point of frustration for alternative products.

LogMeIn also offers some good security features essential for business application. It is very easy to manage users while allowing each user to create their own account and password. Additionally, for each remote machine the user can customize the idle time allowed, add an additional password for access, and filter IP addresses that can access remotely.

Cons

Mac to PC can be frustrating. Copy & paste from remote PC to local Mac can be problematic as the clipboard does not always sync up and/or pastes in different formatting (adding spaces, removing line breaks, etc.). Also the keyboard mapping can intermittently go haywire from Mac to PC, requiring a closing and reopening of the remote session.

Kurt
  • Industry: Civil Engineering

Perfect web-based or client based access to your work PCs.

Reviewed on 31/01/2022

Perfect for when government mask mandates are in effect, when business locations need to close for the pandemic, or just when our users need to quarantine themselves. We can just leave everyone at home and they can remote into their PCs at work. And when network speed is a must for at home users, being able to access a PC physically located on the internal network is a huge help.

Pros

The ease of use and product features are what I like most. Screen-blanking features for HR purposes, multi-monitor use for picky Engineers, and being able to manage all through LogMeIn Central. Also, the secure link between the User PC at home, the servers at LogMeIn, and the PCs on our network was also a huge benefit.

Cons

There is a small learning curve when trying to teach our users the difference between their LogMeIn accounts and their domain accounts, but they get it eventually.

Jebin
  • Industry: Information Services

Logmein Pro - Review

Reviewed on 07/03/2022

Very happy with the overall experience. Managing multiple PC's which are located in different countries.

Pros

Work both in browser & Client application. User management and permission options. Feels same as local computer as it has various resolution options

Cons

Pricing seems to be on the higher side..

Steven
  • Industry: Legal Services

Logmein Pro functions smoothly and reliably. Customer support is exceptionally responsive.

Reviewed on 07/07/2022

I have used Logmein Pro for 10+ years. While the subscription has become pricey in recent years, the high performance/reliability and excellent customer support make the cost worth it.

Pros

I can easily access a remote computer through another computer or mobile device (iPad, iPhone) and run programs/perform tasks on the remote computer. For example, if I'm in court with only my iPad and must run support calculations (program not available on iPad), I can log into the office computer, run the program from my iPad, and get the answers I need.

Cons

Transferring files from one computer to another can be time-consuming if the file is moderately large.

Andrew

LogMeIn Pro Review

Reviewed on 09/07/2020

This maintains the fully functionality of your office computer and works well for a small number of users.

Pros

Great tool for remotely utilizing an office workstation in a BCP environment for an extended work period.

Cons

The cost is prohibitive to utilize this as a full time solution for a large amount of staff and users.

Michael

Switcher from TeamViewer and have never been happier

Reviewed on 11/01/2020

This software has worked really well. I work from home often and also while traveling. It’s a very good and dependable software.

Pros

Ease of use. You can stay logged on. Normally no problems. Very rarely disconnects.

Cons

I had to buy a bigger laptop because seeing the screen became problematic.

Lindsey

Started off great but has gone downhill over the last couple of years.

Reviewed on 07/09/2021

I was introduced to this product at my previous place of employment and was impressed with it so I went with it without considering other products when we started our own business back in 2009. This product started off flawlessly at a great price. As the price has gone up quite a bit since then, the quality of the experience has not improved but has gotten worse. The connection speeds are slower, the picture quality is grainy, and the keyboard shortcuts don't work consistently. I have been testing Zoho assist and they do not have these issues and it is half the price. We are going to be cancelling our membership with Logmein Pro at the end of the auto renew period.

Pros

We have used this product since 2012. In 2012 the product cost $39.95 annually which was very reasonable and the product was reliable and did what we needed it to do.

Cons

Since 2012 the cost has creeped up to $350 annually. In the last 1-2 years the product's connection speed is slower and the keyboard shortcuts sometimes don't work which is annoying.

Nathan

The industry standard. You simply can't get any better than this software

Reviewed on 14/12/2017

When you manage several computers and servers you can do everything remotely and get things going fast.
You can also give tech support and solve problems for your users in the same way, even from your mobile (although it is very complex to work on a tiny screen you can still do everything).

Pros

Logmein pro is one of the most amazing products I have ever tested and used.
You literally can't go wrong with it.
You get to manage all the computers you need across the globe with a simple install, it bypasses firewalls and it allows you to have both remote control of the computer and the "back" of the computer, you can do things to give support without actually having to take over the screen, mouse and keyboard. There is simply no other software like it. You have control over everything in a smart and simple way.

jennifer
  • Used for 2+ years

Remote technical assitance

Reviewed on 23/10/2018

HUGE time saver!

Pros

It's been a little while since I've used this software but it was integral to a change in software that was implemented at my previous job. I was able to remotely view a co-worker's computer in order to more effectively troubleshoot technical issues for her. Being that she was not tech savvy at all, this was the easiest way to help her. It saved me many hours of driving back and forth to help her. I have also used it extensively with my mother and my mother-in-law, both of whom are less than proficient in technology. This software allows me to teach them remotely, in real time and with appropriate feedback, the skills they need on the computer as well as talk them through software installation and upgrades. I can't begin to describe how much travel time LogMeIn has saved me!

Cons

There isn't really a con to the software, per se. The only issue is that there has to be a prerequisite modicum of technical ability for the person I am trying to help before we can even proceed. Guiding someone through the setup process blindly isn't easy but that's not really the fault of the program.

Jeff

LogMeIn works exactly as described

Reviewed on 06/05/2021

Fantastic!! I have used it every work day (and sometimes when not scheduled to work) to access my work pc setup. I use it on an i7-6700 with 16gb ram and 2 x 27" HP monitors at home, almost the same setup as in work and the experience is almost identical to sitting at the machine. Both sides of the equation have 100Mb+ connections.

Pros

Since remote working was enforced in Ireland in 2020, LogMeIn has been the backbone of my work day and it has never failed me. I really like the separate file manager and multi-monitor setups.

Cons

I really like the clipboard sync feature, but it could do with a reset button on the interface as sometimes when the remote computer locks, the clipboard sync does not work until the connection is ended fresh connection is established.

Mike

Safe Remote Support Anywhere

Reviewed on 20/02/2019

LogMeIn Pro is an amazing tool which gives me access to my computer worldwide for both business and personal use. It is easy to set up and to explain to clients. Remote access is essential, downtime has been eliminated and information that can become crucial to a meeting is accessible in a few clicks. With LogMeIn Pro I am accessible to my clients on the other side of the world without ever needing to leave my home. A trusted reliable program I would recommend to anyone.

Pros

LogMeIn Pro works on any system. The software is reliable, we haven't had any real issues that weren't handled immediately which eliminates frustration. I have been able to access my desktop worldwide without any issue in the past seven years.

Cons

The cost is definitely a drawback. Mac to PC can sometimes be a bit frustrating too.

Great tool for remote support

Reviewed on 11/12/2018

It has been a good experience. Is the app to go when you need a quick remote session to solve problems in a windows / desktop environment.

Pros

LogMeIn Pro is a powerful and corporate application forremote support in a production business environment.
The tools and options to make the remote support experience complete, is what i like the most on this app.
It has great compatibility across diferente devices and Operative System. That fact, makes it an industry standard for nowadays support services.

Cons

I would like to have a more friendly user interface for LogMeIn. I feel that the GUI is a little outdated.
Also, we could use more frequent updates to fix bugs and errors.

Saradhi

No need of VPN

Reviewed on 10/04/2019

I have used this software from past 10 years and the best tool to access remote PC's. I am using this to connect my work PC from home and it is the best tool to download huge files from one PC to another.

Pros

It is very east to use and access multiple PC's with one application. The best thing about Logme in is we can access PC's from Web browser instead of downloading additional softwares or tools. The other feature I use using this software is to download large files from one PC to another.

Cons

Remote PC access is depending on the internet speed. If internet connection is slow, gets disconnected too often. UI needs an update as it looks same from past 10 years.

Expensive, but good

Reviewed on 16/11/2018

LogMeIn Pro has been great to use. I've never had any issues with the functionality and it has some awesome features. The only issue with it is the price.

Pros

LogMeIn Pro is probably the best remote access tool I have ever used. It's easy to use and offers a ton of features. You can train someone how to use it in a few minutes and then they're good to go.

Cons

LogMeIn Pro is pricey...that's the biggest con. They have a history of raising their prices repeatedly and out of nowhere making it hard to justify to management when there are many tools (tools which are catching up in features as well) which are much less expensive.

Kristen

Allows for minimal downtime, can access programs from anywhere.

Reviewed on 12/03/2018

Reduced downtime, increased work flexibility, productivity

Pros

I love LogMeIn Pro. It allows all of my employees to be able to log into their work computers remotely. We are a small company, and sometimes things happen - a child is sick or you need to access your computer from home. Also, it is great to allow my employees to work remotely if needed. Works well and is easy to use. It enables employees to access business paid programs that they may not have on their home computers by accessing their work computer to get to the program and work. Minimizes downtime and increases productivity.

Cons

There are other cheaper and even free programs that allow a user to log in remotely (remote desktop connection) as long as the computer is powered on. Of course, this alternative has its disadvantages as well. No other issues with LogMeIn other than the competition. Do some price shopping to see what works best for your company

Great for Remote Access when accessing multiple computers

Reviewed on 30/10/2019

Pros

Love that's its easy to use and very intuitive. Can create groups and add computers to each group. Keeps things organized. Able to create an account for user to access their own workstation with only access to their computer. Ability to send links for download.

Cons

It's more expensive than it used to be. Had to move away from the cost trippled.

Splashtop Business Access and ConnectWise Automate

Reasons for Switching to Pro

Because at the time the pricing made sense.

Too expensive, but works really well

Reviewed on 10/04/2018

Pros

This VNC application works great on your phone or on your computer. The phone handles mouse cursor movement very intuitively, scrolling the screen instead of a mouse using swipe type gestures. It feels very natural. Lag is usually low if you have a good internet connection.

Cons

This software is very expensive if you need to deploy it on more than a few machines. We're talking hundreds of dollars a year. There are so many free alternatives, that if you care about money, this might not be the best solution for you.

Peter
  • Industry: Fishery

Always on the Go!

Reviewed on 21/03/2019

Pros

I am constantly on the move with my business. While I do not sit in and office, I am constantly on the move presenting and promoting our business to potential customers. As I am on the road, it is sometimes difficult to manage all of the tasks that would be easy to do from the computer in my office. LogMeIn Central allows me to access my desktop in my office from anywhere in the world in which I have an internet connection. The responsiveness of the software seamlessly allows me to complete tasks as LogMeIn is essentially acting as a portal view to my own computer. This allows me to complete even the most demanding tasks such as multimedia presentations and programs which are very hardware demanding. Before having purchased this software, I was stuck with using a thumb drive and I would have to rely on the computer that was available to me which made my company that much less efficient.

Cons

I had a difficult time setting up the remote server at first. I had to seek the help of my on call IT person to assist me in getting this set up on my computer in my office but once I did It was smooth sailing from there.

Patricia
  • Industry: Accounting

I love this product, it helps with flexibility in my work schedule and assist with client...

Reviewed on 13/07/2018

Good reputation with my clients...they think I'm always available for them.

Pros

Access to clients computer from anywhere, including vacation spots if needed.
Giving clients remote access that they had no clue they could do while they were on vacation.
Printing is another necessity that this program offers.

Cons

I can't seem to get the "turn off" if a computer is turned off. I've tried talking with tech support, but that's not working.
Multi monitor feature needs refining including visibility and pixel matching.

Santosh
  • Industry: Legal Services

LogMeIn Pro - Review

Reviewed on 04/03/2020

- Overall is a very good experience with LogmeIn pro when compared to any other product in market

Pros

- This application provides more flexibility in accessing desktops remotely without any issues at any time.
- The features provided in this application are more efficient than any other product in the market
- This application can be used easily by any user without any issues.

Cons

- The pricing can be more affordable
- The features can be more added into the product
- The support can be more helpful