Nfield: a reasonable toolkit for data collection
Nipo provides a good all-in-one package. Relatively easy to create a stunning, responsive survey for online studies and manage that on a clear, easy-to-use UI.
Regarding offline studies, based on my experience Nfield CAPI platform is market leader. The programming of the online or offline script is almost identical, there are no limitations.
From developers point of view we can use the same custom solutions like templates, question controls or more complex solutions like read values from a json database both online and offline too.
Finally, there is an API, which allows to extend Nfield with extra functionalities.
It has a unique descriptive scripting language, which requires a different way of thinking to fulfill very complex survey situations comparing by other, more general programming languages.
The data storing requires extra attention once the survey structure changed during fieldwork, which is not ideal, but happens sometimes.
Nfield is a good and flexible platform but we need take sometime to learn about it.
As my experiences, Nfield is a flexible platform and good for data collection.
- I can customize templates or script to meet client's expectation.
- It has API that allow us to create any tools as needed and data automation.
- There are many feature such as survey types that we can set to fit with our project.
- Support Helpdesk portal that i can ask for help.
- Provide many resources and tools that was built by NIPO team.
- Update platform, sometime it cause problem to our data or script and our custom templates.
- It's not recommended for Android OS below 5.x.x
- It's not available for IOS devices.
Scalable cost scheme & interviewer friendly
Coming from windows based survey apps with high degree of complexity to Nfield for android feels like a fresh air. Setting up projects are quite easy and flexible. Cost per complete is also quite reasonable and highly scalable.
1. Intuitive user interface for interviewer
2. Android apps are quite light and easy to deploy for large scale of interviewers
3. Feature rich with silent recording, gps capture, photo taking, API support and many more
1. Need some programming skill to create the script using NIPO ODIN
2. API guidelines and documentation is quite limited
3. No mobile apps version for IOS & Windows
We are market research company, data collection is one of the cores of our business and Nfield CAPI/ Nfield Online allows us to collect data in a convinient way. We are happy about support - all our questions are answered very quickly.
Nfield is intuitive to use both for field managers and interviewers. Appreciate mobile friendly good looking Online questionnaire design. The software is systematically developed and communication on updates is perfect.
There are some Nfield Online functions that we'd like to run differently or to be more in control.
Extraordinary people supporting this piece of software. They will do everything to make our life easier. If price don't go up we'll gladly use it in the future.
Good web project management solution. API set of calls also very rich allowing custom in-house solutions.
There is no API access to data. It would be very convenient to access some variables instead od downloading whole dataset or paradata. Also price is very high with tendency to become higher for less options included.
Easy to use supported by great support team
KGDC PH Nfield software review
Given that we work on a Market research agency, Nfield greatly helps the business. Nfield is the main platform we use for data collection as of the moment and I believe our mandate moving forward is to move all projects to this plaform.
Syntax wise, platform is easy to use/script.
Given that platform runs on Android based devices, our company doesn't need that much budget on device allocation compared to others which require Windows based devices.
Templates tend to be different to each other making user's adjustment difficult.
Limited function offerings in line with our business.
No control on database.
NIPO Pro software
We use NField for F2F projects when working offline
Is userfriendly, faster. No other comments
on which concerns data extracts and reports, would be great to see some improvements.
I'e seen some competitors softwares and Nfield is below in terms of possible immediate metrics for field control