QuickBooks Enterprise Reviews

QuickBooks Enterprise

4.5 (20,250)
Write a Review!
Enterprise accounting, FSM and inventory management solution

(20,250)

20250 Reviews

Charleen
Charleen
  • Industry: Computer & Network Security

Our QB online is always ready when we are

Reviewed on 22/10/2020

Cloud services make everything more secure. Not having to purchase an upgrade year after year is one of the best benefits. Our business is sized so that the online version, which does have less functionality than the desktop version, still works for exactly what we need. The tutorials are helpful and there are plenty of YouTube videos to find a resolution for any problem you have.

Pros

The online version of QB makes it easy to always have the necessary updates and current edition. The file sharing capabilities are the exact tool that is needed for the accountant to easily have a hassle-free exchange of the data they need to keep your books and do taxes. QB payroll that can be accessed through the software and there is easy access to QuickBook loan funding should you ever need it. Anytime, anywhere access is a plus.

Cons

The naming convention for some processes are a bit daunting until you learn exactly where they are and what they are called. The updates can cause features to be relocated, making them difficult to find. As with all cloud-based software, sometimes there are issues with the online connectivity.

Andrea
  • Industry: Food & Beverages

Great for small businesses

Reviewed on 12/09/2023

QuickBooks is a good value for the money. It works fine for day-to-day transactions such as A/R, A/P, and data entry, but it's not the best for things like forecasting and financial reporting.

Pros

QuickBooks provides a good value for the money, which is especially helpful in small businesses.

Cons

After working in complex and customized ERP systems, QuickBooks feels a little archaic in comparison.

• Industry: Food & Beverages

Just say No-to-It

Reviewed on 16/02/2021

This is software on life support. Intuit is rapidly investing in online. I switched to Quickbooks Online, by the way and LOVE it. I tried to use the desktop "enterprise" version because I needed some advanced inventory and reporting features. Worst decision ever. They didn't work. Spent 5+ years trying to find a work-around. Finally Intuit made it possible to migrate to Quickbooks Online. It worked really well and I'm a happy camper now.

Pros

It mostly worked, some of the time. I was able to transfer my data to Quickbooks Onine.

Cons

The General Ledger worked most of the time, however, about every-other month the Balance sheet would be out of balance and require a rebuild. If you were to list out every feature of QBE, I would be able to find a problem with it. This is the Frankenstein of software. Every "enterprise" feature is just someone else's software poorly glued onto QB. Calling this software Enterprise is a flat out lie and Intuit should be ashamed. Basic features cannot be changed without all users logging out of the system. Most of the "advanced" and "enterprise" features don't work as advertised. Cash flow reports were NEVER accurate.

NetSuite

Reasons for Choosing QuickBooks Enterprise

Was looking for the ability to integrate software

Price
  • Industry: Consumer Goods

Quickbooks review

Reviewed on 20/03/2024

Really good and it has helped me manage my inventory and business accounts efficiently.

Pros

It’s user friendly user interface which makes it easy to use

Cons

Cost of setting up the system was on the high side.

Thomas

A great tool to get started and save money

Reviewed on 11/10/2023

It's pretty good, I recommend it for startups and people who need to work offline. Cloud is not always the solution and the desktop software comes with all you need.

Pros

It is offline, easy to learn and provides all the essential reports to run your company well

Cons

Does not integrate with outlook well, support has stopped, needs a 3rd part program to import bank statements.

Sage Intacct

Price and experience, I have been using QB for years
Marco

Quickbooks works well!

Reviewed on 03/03/2024

Works quite well for what we need. I love that it checks my math for me, less room for human error. I use it each and every day.

Pros

Well I’ve gotten used to using it and relying on it for everything. Invoices and accounts receivable. Entering all my credit card, bank and cash purchases for the business. Also creating POs for what we purchase for the business to sell. Everything. Easy to use. Easy to find what we need.

Cons

Nothing! Not much to say here. Happy with it.

Quickbase

Reasons for Switching to QuickBooks Enterprise

This was recommended by my bookkeeper and he swears by it
Dlkhosh

QuickBooks Desktop Enterprise Review

Reviewed on 16/01/2024

Pros

Very good inventory management, time tracking
Numerous customizable reports
Supports projects, payroll, and many add-ons
Terrific mobile apps

Cons

The main cons of Quickbooks that It's somehow expensive

Wave

Reasons for Choosing QuickBooks Enterprise

Quickbooks is Easy to use, and has active support center

Preferrd
Sandy
  • Industry: Management Consulting

Easy to Use and Excellent Information System

Reviewed on 20/12/2023

Excellent in terms of process and output. A bit expensive.

Excellent in terms of process and output. A bit expensive.

Pros

Setup not difficult and easy access on a day to day basis to keep track of all expenditures and income. Reports are excellent and easy to set up for your needs.

Cons

I dont like a subscription. Not practical for a business of our size and not necessary.
I don't like having to log into intuit all the time either.
I feel it's way too expensive for our needs, but probably fine for a larger organizations.

Lukas
  • Industry: Alternative Medicine
  • Used Daily for Free Trial

Quickbooks

Reviewed on 23/06/2024

Pros

Easy to work with.
Like it very much.
Can recommend it

Cons

I did not have any problems working with Quickbook enterprice

Kellie
  • Industry: Computer Hardware

Quick books awesome

Reviewed on 18/06/2024

My overall experience for this quickbooks enterprise was great thanks you i will recommend it to my friends and family

Pros

Quick books is a very directive software get righ to the point and easy to use .

Cons

I think the software was very directive and easy to use

More than enough for our small company

Reviewed on 03/10/2019

We had to upgrade from QB Online because we use it for escrow accounts, and QB isn't designed for that. As a workaround, we created a new cash sub-account and payable sub-account for each escrow transaction. Pretty soon, we had thousands of sub-accounts, which really put a strain on it and made it run slowly. We transferred all of our data to QB Enterprise, which is handling that with ease and providing many more features. Overall, I enjoy using it. It's simple for employees to use, and it does more than enough for us.

Pros

QB Enterprise is more than we need for the small company. It's fast and efficient. It's straightforward in how things work, so training isn't intensive for new users. It's easy to upgrade from another version of QB and transfer all the company data into it.

Cons

It's limited in what can be displayed or used to sort in many of the windows. For example, the vendor screen displays all the invoices and payments, but doesn't display a running balance column. It's difficult to expand columns to display all of the data in a column. It doesn't remember column widths, so I'm continuously having to adjust the column width every time I open a window with data. Data in some windows can't be exported to Excel. For example, I like to export the bank statement reconciliation screen to a spreadsheet with my bank data download where I can sort and subtract to find a discrepancy between two columns instantly. But, there isn't a way to get the data in that window to export or copy. The reconciliation screen also doesn't allow for display of the cash sub-account or the offset account. So, I'm continuously having to open individual transactions to see which is which if they are similar.

Response from Intuit

Providing the tools you need to get the job done quickly and easily is our number one goal. It's great to hear you found the best version of QuickBooks to suit your business needs! Many of our software updates come from great customer suggestions like yours. You can find out more about ways we're working to improve by viewing our Blog: https://intuit.me/2L2zqTv

Thanks for a great review!
Morgan, The QuickBooks Team

Antonio
Antonio

Best Accounting Software for SMBs

Reviewed on 02/01/2020

With Quickbooks I can see the overall health of my business. I can track my expenses, sales, inventories, financial reports and other vital information for intelligent decision making.

Pros

The thing I like most about Quickbooks is its completeness. For a small to medium sized business one gets to have a user friendly accounting and inventory system all rolled into one. Add to that its customizable reports suited to ones needed data. Some of these reports which are very vital to a business owner are Daily/Weekly/Monthly and even Annual Sales Report, Inventory related reports, Expenses Reports, Accounts Payables and Receivables, Banking and many more.

Cons

Like any software, or for whatever product that is, Quickbooks also have some flaws. Personally, I would prefer the customization of forms to be more flexible where the user can have more control. An example of this is the addition of additional fields aside from those that are built-in. Another thing i don't like about Quickbooks is its limitation on the number of items and the size of its company file. In a previous company I worked at, I have reached the maximum number of items, thus I was faced with deleting some items, and those items had transactions connected to them. Finally, I suggest Intuit increase the maximum company size because in my experience, when I reached the maximum company file size, the system totally lagged big time.

MYOB Acumatica

Reasons for Switching to QuickBooks Enterprise

Quickbooks was more user friendly for me and I like its user interface versus MYOB. Well Quicken wasn't for me, it was mainly intended for accountants and basic accounting processes without inventory module.
Andrew
Andrew
  • Industry: Accounting

Quickbooks is still the best for small business, despite its shortcomings

Reviewed on 11/02/2020

Overall, Quickbooks is great for small business, particularly those that have all employees on-site. If you have employees off-site or want a third-party (accountant, for example) to have access, you may want to plan ahead of time and determine if Quickbooks is a great fit. There are third-party apps (QBOX) that can help off-site employees access it, but there are limitations. Otherwise, you need IT to help you set up servers or pay higher prices to Intuit for their customized solutions. That issue aside, Quickbooks is a great product after you get past the learning curve.

Pros

Quickbooks is universally known, compatible with many banks and third-party apps, and can be quite helpful for small businesses. You can customize reports, memorize transactions, and make use of many other time-saving features. Once you get comfortable, you can very quickly manage your accounting and see where your business stands. Also, since it is so popular, there are numerous websites that share helpful tips and tricks.

Cons

There is a steep learning curve for most users. You will not feel comfortable with it for the first few months. Since it is so popular, however, you can search for nearly any task and find several websites that explain how to perform a task. As a CPA, sometimes I just wanted to see the transaction behind the curtain and it can be difficult to see that. Also, remote access for an external accountant or off-site employees is cumbersome and can require paid assistance.

QuickBooks Online

Reasons for Switching to QuickBooks Enterprise

Quickbooks online is very limited in capabilities.
Audrey

Great Cloud Solution

Reviewed on 14/01/2021

After moving my records and my clients record to QBO it has progressed smoothly and I don't think I can ever go back to my old desktop programs.

Pros

I like that I have the option to do small task on my iPhone and being able to access my clients and my own businesses account from any device if I'm away from my office. I really like that my clients and I can work on their companies books in real time together over a Video or audio call.

Cons

The biggest con is if your internet and cellular service is unavailable leaving you with no way to make your deadlines. It's happened.

FreshBooks , NetSuite and Xero

Reasons for Choosing QuickBooks Enterprise

I tried to move from Sage 50 Accounting to Sage one, which later became Sage Business Cloud Accounting. I followed the outlined steps (which initially required a Microsoft Business Subscription) and moved as the programs progressed, but at the time what they were trying to do wasn't ready and support was very lacking.

Sage Accounting

Reasons for Switching to QuickBooks Enterprise

After reviewing my options QuickBooks seamed to suit my needs best.
Belasco
  • Industry: Building Materials

Quivk Books desktop Review

Reviewed on 11/04/2022

Quickbooks has helped me keep track of my account books in one place therefore reducing confusion. I have intergrated the software with my other softwares like hubspot. The software enables me send my clients more professional and easy to understand quotations. However i have had problems with their phone support team, they are not easily accessible when there is emergency on the software. In a nutshell quickbooks software is a must get especially if you want to scale your small business up.

Pros

QuickBooks has a variety of features that supports small and medium businesses and it allows up to 25 users.

The software can intergrate with more than 500 business apps and softwares.

QuickBooks has a friendly user interface which makes it easy to navigate through its dashboard.

QuickBooks gives a 30 day free trial version which gives you a test drive of the software before deciding to subscribe.

Enables you to keep all your books of accounts in one place.

Cons

The price has been increasing throughout the years.

Less automated as compared to online version which takes more time.

Their phone support is not efficient and sometimes they do not assist by phone hence forced to migrate to online version which facilitate a quick live bookkeeping.

Does not facilitate split transactions and auto sales report hence need to migrate from desktop to online version.

FreshBooks

Reasons for Switching to QuickBooks Enterprise

The simple looking dashboard of freshbooks looked too simple and unprofessional to me so psychologically i assumed QuickBooks was the best choice. I can safely say i do not regret the choice.
Kelennetse
  • Industry: Information Services

Easy to Use Software

Reviewed on 05/03/2023

all things are captured at ease even when using microsoft excel one can import its data to quickbooks with peace of mind.

Pros

Quickbooks is a great software that have allowed me to invoice and qoute and do all the accounting work that i needed for my startup business. It has a user friendly GUI and very reliable. one can interact with its feature easily without a hustle.

Cons

It only trouble when one tries to change the currency to their local market currency.

Sage Intacct and Xero

Reasons for Choosing QuickBooks Enterprise

I wanted something easy and better.

Pastel

Reasons for Switching to QuickBooks Enterprise

I chose it because of the pricing and also the growth of the company dictated that i should opt for a bigger option and easy to use.
Gary M

Using QUICKBOOKS since 2014

Reviewed on 24/08/2018

Overall, the software works very well, the tech support is excellent and the pricing is fair and reasonable. They offer credit card proceasing and employee direct deposit. We don't write checks any longer and that is a great savings in itself. Purchase it, take a few classes to learn the software program flow (it makes it easier to understand) and you won't be sorry. An excellent product for any business that has accounts receivable's and employee payroll. You can even do you monthly and quarterly taxes too!

Pros

QB has excellent customer support. Even tho the support is base in India about 99% of the tech's are understandable and should you have trouble they allow you to ask for another tech without being offended. We use the P/R and A/R modules and they are easy to follow and understand if you have basic computer knowledge and finance knowledge help as well. But tech support is always their to help you with any issue.

Cons

They give you the ability to create far too many reports.

Response from Intuit

Hi there, Gary. Thank you for your review, and your long-time loyalty to QuickBooks. I'm delighted to read our software is helping you manage the finances for Nancy Kissick's Professional Nursing Serbs. While we have customer assistance all over the world and U.S, just like our customer base, I'm here to ensure you know about all the support channels available to you.

As an alternative to calling in, feel free to send us a message on Facebook (Intuit QuickBooks) and Twitter (QBCares). We have dedicated product experts at the ready to lend a hand, and they have the tools and expertise to help you with any issues you come across.

Further, these agents likewise monitor our multi-function Community forum space at https://intuit.me/2rJQ95o. This Q&A site doubles as a database of workflow tips and troubleshooting guides, so you'll find a ton of insights on creating reports.

Keep up the fantastic work, and take care!

Lyn
Lyn

For the Beginner

Reviewed on 10/10/2018

I would and have recommened this software to many different people for different situations as its user friendly, easy to navigate and has some great custom report features. I run a small local non profit and have been using QB for over 13 years with no intentions of changing to any other service.

Pros

What I like most about this software is the ease of use. They make it very simple to enter customers and vendors along with invoices and/or bills. Then posting the payments and reconciling the accounts. You can use one piece or all the different capabilities, that is your choice as they do all work together.

Cons

The thing I like least about this software is the troubleshooting. You have to have the exact title or phrase of what you've done wrong to find solutions to help you. I typically only do internet searched for assistance and have not used the call in system. That might actually help me more but I'm impatient and typically don't want to wait

Response from Intuit

Thanks for reaching out with your comments, Lyn. I'm delighted to read we're doing our part to provide a wide variety of capabilities in an easy to use package. We're proud to be backing River Cities United Way, so rest assured we've got you covered when it comes to support.

As an alternative to calling in, I encourage you to reach out to the product experts who monitor our social media channels. You can find us on Facebook (Intuit QuickBooks) or Twitter (QBCares), and our chat reps would be more than happy to be of assistance. As an added benefit, you can expect quick responses anytime within their hours of availability (M-F from 8 a.m. until 10 p.m. EST). We're just a message away when you have questions, and they can lend a hand with finding the solutions you need.

Thanks a ton for your 13-year loyalty to QuickBooks, by the way! I'm wishing you and your non-profit continued success, and a wonderful rest of your week ahead!

Betsy
Betsy
  • Industry: Mechanical or Industrial Engineering

QuickBooks- Accessible for Small Businesses But Limited.

Reviewed on 01/02/2019

QuickBooks is no substitute for having a client database, however, the company I worked for as accounts payable and receivable had no other database program. While the limitations of QB for this was frustrating at times, it did a great job of keeping data organized and easily allowing input for new and continuing contacts. The customer service was as helpful as they could be, however I had to make the same calls for the same problems often several times within the year, only to learn that on-going glitches existed in QB that required workarounds. Customer Service wasn't always forthcoming on this, but their forums were very helpful.

Pros

QuickBooks is fairly easy to figure out for first time users, even those without a bookkeeping background. There are many tutorials included from the home website, and it's been around long enough that users have posted fixes to various known issues. It's useful in creating form templates, such as invoicing, proposals and receipts. Reports look good, and can integrate with many 3rd party platforms.

Cons

QuickBooks lacked much help for Inventory tracking and scanning. While you are able to create an inventory list, it's too easy to accidently miscategorize items and wreck the usefulness of the cataloging features. The inventory interface is a bit confusing to start with and connecting the inventory reports with logged sales is not practical. It doesn't happen automatically, but must be manually checked since there are many bugs that create errors or problems with data retrieval.
When creating templates, it can be tough to figure out how to connect certain field codes with data areas to fill in. I spent many hours on the customer service line to figure some of that out. Even then, I was creating or finding "work-arounds" for some glitches that QuickBooks just doesn't fix or update.
One of the most frustrating issues I personally found was the coding of expenses. Without some universal system, numerous employees can simply invent new codes for similar or same items, which creates many redundant and incorrect reports. Turnover in your office can produce serious inconsistency.

Response from Intuit

Betsy, thank you so much for providing an insightful and thorough review of QuickBooks. The details you've shared have painted a detailed portrait of your impressions of QuickBooks, and I appreciate it very much. I loved reading your comments about where you found the program to be beneficial to your business.

Please be assured, your voice is important, and the comments you've provided about the software have been sent to our Product Development team. Feedback like yours is instrumental for the growth of the program, and it will be used when considering future updates to QuickBooks.

Thank you again for your wonderful review of QuickBooks, Betsy!

All the best,
Clay, The QuickBooks Team

Evan

Easy accounting software

Reviewed on 18/07/2019

Pros

It does a lot while you do a little. I am able to send invoices, receive payment in different forms, do payroll, file tax forms and make payments as well as much more. It is very user friendly most of the time. I don't ever have any bugs. It let's me spend more time on other parts of my business.

Cons

They force you to purchase new software every three years. The customer support can be hit and miss.

QuickBooks Online

Response from Intuit

Hi Evan! Business owners like yourself are who we had in mind when designing our software, so we're thrilled to hear that QuickBooks is handling your accounting needs. Whether you're running payroll or receiving payments, you can count on our software to get the job one. To keep our software up to date with the latest security measures and implement new/improved features, we periodically discontinue products. It's a balancing act between supporting older versions and creating new ones.

It's our priority to provide you with a variety of support options to ensure you're taken care of. In addition to phone support, you can also receive assistance via the channels below:

QB Community: http://community.intuit.com/
Email: [email protected]
Facebook: @IntuitQuickBooks
Twitter: @QBCares

Thank you for being part of our QuickBooks family and we wish you all the best!
Jen, The QuickBooks Team

Small business person's perspective of QB Pro 2019 and prior

Reviewed on 01/10/2020

Overall, fairly positive. Bit stressful if don't understand newly added form questions or when upgrading to a newer release

Pros

Being able to quickly design a reusable invoice template, quickly setup new customer profiles and get invoices printed to PDF and emailed out using a laptop computer was enormously helpful, especially during business travel times before Covid-19 struck. The e-Filing feature (form 941,etc) also eliminated having to make post office trips. The biggest benefit was that the accounting firm I work highly preferred using QB backup files to transmit company info, so they could immediately get to work on tax forms for me.

Cons

There are occasions when:
(1) On screen forms change, which require the user to "know" what is meant by a vague phrase (that a non-accountant would be confused by). Making some of the text into a hyperlink to popup a clarification would be helpful and easy to implement, without cluttering the screen with detail that others don't care to see.
(2) Sometimes, I have already filled out a quarterly IRS 941 reconciliation form. Then while in the middle of e-Filing it, QBooks suddenly tells me it cannot proceed because I should have downloaded new forms updates. If it had instead proactively checked during my filling out the form to start with (because I spent 15min filling it out), that would have made more sense than waiting until I was finished and sending it out.
(3) Each time the software becomes obsoleted in 3 yrs, it just locks up. I usually get an email a few months before offering a discount to upgrade...but not actually advising a date when the software will lock and become inactive. Adding a deadline to the email would be appreciated. Each time our QB checks for updates on the Intuit server, that is an opportunity to capture our release# and base your mass emailings on a data extract which includes the end of life date for that release#.
(4) When upgrading to newer versions, there is no way to selectively exclude outdated vendors + trxns.

Julie
  • Industry: Mental Health Care

Easy but Incomplete, Still Usually the Best Option

Reviewed on 29/10/2020

QuickBooks is really all there is in a lot of ways, with so much of the market share, they don't have to be REALLY good, just work. It's too bad because it's overall a solid product as long as you choose the traditional PC version that requires either one user or a server. I have been using QuickBooks for 20+ years and while I have also had the pleasure of other software, this is the one I am always most comfortable in. That said, it'd do from a big upgrade of it's online and Mac version.

Pros

QuickBooks desktop for PC is the simplest option for most businesses, it has all the features that you need for small- medium sized businesses and for the most part, it's a great option. It is easy to change things when you make mistakes (see cons) and it has robust reporting for an inexpensive program. The system is so widely used, most folks know how to operate it and it's incredibly easy to train if not. It's an accounting system but really only for those who need ease over data integrity.

Cons

Oh QuickBooks, your online version is terrible, your Mac version is also sub-par and your customer service really leaves so much to be desired. Never ever use Intuit payroll. When the file size gets too big, without any warning, things get wonky, numbers will flash up and then change while doing the bank rec, your 'Search' function sucks but ironically, 'Find' works great. You let me change my transactions by warning me it's not a good idea but hey, I'm a rebel. The lack of system integrity (ability to change and/or delete closed transactions) is a real auditor's bane. Still, you're the best value so we keep you around and you work most of the time for what we need.

MIP Fund Accounting

MIP Fund Accounting

100% Price Point decision
Keyana

I've been using various QuickBooks versions for around 6 years now. Overall, the software is...

Reviewed on 04/04/2018

Pros

While I prefer the Desktop Pro version for Mac and Windows, the Online version has been getting better with more recent updates. Regarding Online, I enjoy being able to access my account on the go, via the mobile Android app. I also like that, no matter the version of this software I use, Intuit's customer service is always quick to respond to any questions or comments that I may have. Their online help forums are full of great information from actual users, as well.

Cons

Due to needing to use QuickBooks in conjunction with a compatible online project management system (Accelo), my current business must use the Online version of this software every day. I dislike the fact that Accelo and QuickBooks often fall out of sync with each other. I recognize that the blame may be more on Accelo, but you'd think that Intuit would stick to working with online apps that are more on their level, in terms of usability and productivity.

The Online version also tends to timeout a lot and is generally very slow. Intuit server issue? And I hate that Online just kicks you out of the system, and prompts you to log-in again, mid-task. I can't tell you how many times I've been working on a lengthy, incredibly detailed invoice with dozens of line items, and get kicked out, sometimes, losing my work. There should be a notification that alerts the user when the system is about to automatically log out. I understand that this happens for security reasons, but I don't think it should always be on the user to periodically save their work. I mean, Microsoft Word, online banking websites, and a whole host of other programs have this capability. Why hasn't QuickBooks online adapted yet?

Jeffrey D
Jeffrey D
  • Industry: Law Practice

Dynamic reporting and comprehensive insights into business productivity

Reviewed on 26/07/2018

Ease of use and great insights into my business.

Ease of use and great insights into my business.

Pros

I've been an avid quickbooks user for years. They ease of use, dynamic reporting and ability to customize reports are awesome. I also really like the ability to download data directly from my bank to the software and clear checks. The desktop version is still a great value when compared to the online version and offers far more functionality, but buyer beware-- many functions will time out if you don't continuously upgrade to newer versions.

Cons

Nickel and Dime functionality-- Software has a number of "optional" features which require additional fees. It continuously nags the user in an attempt to upsell these items. My prior bank charged an additional fee for online data downloads, but my current bank (Capital One) does not. I think that this is bank to bank specific, but would greatly enhance the user experience if it was offered at no additional charge. QB Payroll is just OK for very small businesses, but doesn't have the same functionality as other systems offered by ADP/Paychex-- it does handle very basic reporting and deposits to third party payroll, and for state and local tax payments.

Customer support can be hit or miss, with QB attempting to charge for support for software specific reinstalls, or errors, outside of the user setup.

Response from Intuit

Thanks for leaving a review, Jeffrey. We love hearing about how we can improve, and I'll ensure each of the issues you mentioned are addressed.

We offer add-on features optionally so you have more control over your billing details. Added functionalities may cost extra, but you can opt in or out at any time. Payroll and Online Banking are prime examples. Since you mentioned pricing for the latter, I encourage you to check out community.intuit.com/articles/1501482. There's a blurb about connection charges under the "Applicable Fees".

We also offer a wealth of free support. The link above is hosted on our Community forum, which is a 24/7 help space. There's chat-based assistance on Twitter and Facebook, as well (Intuit QuickBooks and QBCares, respectively.)

As for Payroll, feel welcome to email me ([email protected]). I'll forward your suggestions to the developers, as we default to customer feedback when developing new features. Thanks in advance!

Michael

Feel Trapped With No Options

Reviewed on 15/12/2017

I am a sole Proprietor of a one man service business, I really only need this for keeping track Wisconsin sales tax, state and county. I work in 8 Counties & the sales tax has to be kept track of for each. .5% per county 5% for the state and there are customers who have tax free numbers that aren't taxed. Schools, churches, etc.
When I file/pay the sales tax (quarterly) I have to show how much income I have taken in minus the non-taxable income. My old desktop version showed this all on one page. In QuickBooks online it is like pulling teeth to obtain that information, I usually have to call support and sometimes they can do it sometimes not.
I just bought an obsolete Dell laptop with Windows 7 Pro installed on it, my plan is to install a desktop version of QB software on it and it will be safe to use until 2020 when Windows 7 Pro support ends. Then I may disable the wifi connection and just use it for the QB!

Pros

When it is working it is OK, not as easy to use as the desktop version but at least it gets the job done. I had a desktop version that Windows 10 rendered obsolete. My choice was to buy QuickBooks 2017 and hope Windows 10 wouldn't do the same thing to it or go with the online version, I went with the online version. In November there have been 2 updates that didn't update correctly & caused my desktop icon to disappear.

Cons

When I need to go to a customer whose name begins with R I can't just scroll to the R's! I have to page through, scrolling to the bottom of each page to get to the right area or go to the last page and page backwards. Why do they not put a next page icon on the TOP of each page also? The point of using software online is to save time and money, my time is worth money! Recently there were updates that didn't work correctly and left me with no icon on my desktop. I didn't want to call support because it always takes an hour or more. I tried the help forum and got 2 answers neither of which worked. Finally, there was a 3rd update and I got it straightened out.