QuickBooks Desktop Enterprise Reviews

QuickBooks Desktop Enterprise

4.5 (20,189)
Enterprise accounting, FSM and inventory management solution

(20,189)
4.3/5
4.4/5
4.3/5
4.1/5

20188 Reviews

William
William

Fast, Simple to use, Easy to Integrate, Support is light, and price is a touch higher than...

Reviewed on 26/07/2020

Overall, I have no intention of leaving QuickBooks.

Overall, I have no intention of leaving QuickBooks.

Pros

QuickBooks is easy to import into, export out of and directly integrate with certain platforms. The software was built with the user experience in mind.

Cons

The price is a bit higher than the competition, so technically its a con. However, I don't consider this a negative because sometimes you get what you pay for and I found QBO to have better features and a better reputation as a whole.

The support is not as easy to work with as I would like. But compared to some of the competiton, its better than not having any.

FreshBooks and Xero

Reasons for Choosing QuickBooks Desktop Enterprise

Excel even with automations doesn't cut the mustard as an accounting solution.

Reasons for Switching to QuickBooks Desktop Enterprise

Reputation was the primary reason. Secondary to that, it is well known in the industry and integrates with other related solutions.

Response from Intuit

Hey, William. Thanks for being such a loyal member of the QuickBooks family. We appreciate all the kind words you have to say about our product. Aside from phone and chat support, you can also go to the Community for assistance (https://community.intuit.com/). Once there, you can communicate with other users as well as our experts. All the best in your business endeavors.
Caitlyn, The QuickBooks Team

Faisal Shafi
Faisal Shafi
  • Company size: 501–1,000 Employees

Complete Accounting Solution

Reviewed on 01/09/2022

Quickbooks Desktop Enterprise is cloud based software there user can work from anywhere getting real time accounting results. It is suitable for startups and small to medium size enterprises. Quickbooks simplify day to day accounting so a person who does not know more about accounting can use it with little help and get all accounting done including management of payroll, inventory, taxation, and more important financial statements. It enables user to effectively track underlying details and documents by just clicking particularly it empowers user to keep eyes on accruals, account payable, and account payable.

Pros

I love Quickbooks due to its simplicity for setup and using, where we get all accounting done. A straight forward way to automate day to day accounting. It generates all reports required by a user from an accounting software even allows customization. It facilitates to maintain multi organizational setups. On single click, it leads to underlying details, source documents, visualizing each entry.

Cons

Quickbooks do not restrict to edit, delete, or add an entry into back month therefore it may happen that one gets print out of financial statements for a particular month and then do any editing into previous month's transaction then print out will differ than software, even it does not maintain any log to track changes made by user. It does tax management itself but one cannot fully rely on it, user must monitor tax reports before forwarding. It can be works offline therefore at that scenario one cannot enjoy benefits of cloud-based software, further it supports only Windows operating system.

Andrea
Andrea
  • Used for 1-5 months

Please don't buy this. It's really, really bad.

Reviewed on 19/12/2017

Cons

The multi-store is awful. It uses a third party email client to send the exchanges. Both computers must be using the same email client, or it causes bugs. Then sometimes the store exchange doesn't actually update anything so you have to do it several times. This is super fun when it won't include employee hours from a satellite store and it's payday. In addition to that, if you're setting up a new store, it must be the same version as the other stores, or it won't work. This becomes a problem when they stop supporting the older version after 12-24 months, which means you have to pay to upgrade every single machine in all of your stores.

This software has been a complete nightmare for me, and if you try to call for support you better speak Hindi, otherwise, you're screwed. You don't get a native English speaker on the phone until about the third level of support. An average for me has been a half hour of hold time, plus 20 minutes per level of support, with 10 minute hold times between each "support professional". So generally, it takes an hour and a half of dealing with low-level employees with questionable language skills, asking you the dumbest questions you can imagine before you get someone who can understand what your problem is. I have to do this at least once a month.

If you watch it like a hawk; and by that I mean you check you do a physical inventory count and check your items weekly, and you double check every store exchange, it can work.

This is probably the worst point of sale software on the planet. I've been fighting it for three years, and I'm happy to say I've dumped it for something much better.

The inventory management is not good. It deletes items on its own. It changes the quantity of stock for no particular reason. It loses transactions. It generates duplicate items and prices them at $0, so if your employees aren't paying attention they give stuff away for free. It is impossible to keep an accurate inventory unless you do a physical count about once every two weeks.

Sometimes it simply loses data. For example, in 2014, it lost all records of the sales, inventory receiving and employee hours for February, March, and April. It was really a true joy to sit down and try to explain that to the IRS.

Yongmei

All-in-One Accounting Tool

Reviewed on 25/12/2023

Pros

It is very comprehensive. So you can manage all accounts side of a company, especially a small business, in one software. Reconciliation hence is easy and straightforward.

Cons

It has a lot of features in the total package but as a small business, we don't use all of them so sometimes think that part is a bit of waste.

Shari
  • Industry: Wholesale

Quickbooks has helped me grow my business

Reviewed on 18/08/2023

Overall this program grew my business from a small to mid tier business and we are still using it to this day. Had I set it up properly over 20 years ago it would have been even more robust and useful to us - but as it is it helps us to run a mid size business every day.

Pros

The features of QUICKBOOKS Desktop Enterprise are mostly intuitive and easy to learn and use. The team is comfortable with it.

Cons

It sometimes locks users out - and we cannot always run the reports we need as not all info is mandatory so not all info is always present when needed.

MYOB Business

Reasons for Switching to QuickBooks Desktop Enterprise

It was much much more intuitive and easy to use out of the box - we reaped the benefits of this tool from day one and are still using it to this day!
Sammi
Sammi
  • Industry: Writing & Editing

Perfect for a solopreneur like me

Reviewed on 04/08/2023

Smooth, functional, and trackable; that's sums it up.

Smooth, functional, and trackable; that's sums it up.

Pros

Time is money and I like how all the functions that I need are built in and functions well together with minimal hassle. I can create, adjust, and send my invoices to my clients in a timely manner, and keep track with the calendar functions.

Cons

There is a little learning curve but with a little time invested in learning all the functions I need, it's all figure-it-out-able.

Review of QuickBooks Desktop Enterprise

Reviewed on 08/06/2023

Pros

Robust reporting capabilities, allowing users to generate customised financial reports, track key performance indicators (KPIs), and analyse business data.

Cons

QuickBooks Desktop Enterprise has specific system requirements, including hardware and software specifications, that need to be met for optimal performance.

Wave Accounting

Reasons for Switching to QuickBooks Desktop Enterprise

It is a well known software . I didn’t even think twice to choose this over anything
Sara
  • Industry: Consumer Goods

Great for all your business accounting needs

Reviewed on 29/01/2024

it is a game changer, super efficient and easy to use, No lagging works 100%

it is a game changer, super efficient and easy to use, No lagging works 100%

Pros

It is easy and efficient to use with a user friendly interface . Allows quick invoicing and billing.

Cons

there is no fault for me , works amazing

Abderazak

Really good reviews

Reviewed on 01/02/2024

Pros

The application of QuickBooks Desktop its very good to use them for reading

Cons

I like the way that application working its very simple to use it

NISHANT
  • Industry: Photography

Best accounting software to use

Reviewed on 30/01/2024

Pros

Easy access to all previous balance sheet and all in one software

Cons

few glitches when working on payrolls. Also, when restarting

Tracy

The Small Business Software of Choice

Reviewed on 01/08/2019

Since using QuickBooks vs. batch processing software, the time I have saved doing my work is exponential.

Pros

What I like most about the software is:
1. The flexibility of it in that there are several different ways to do the same task.
2. The drill down feature in the reporting that allows you to drill down from any report to the source document and also make changes to that document in real time, and update that report in real time without re-running anything.
3. Real time updating of the software vs. batch processing.
4. Ease of use, easy to train employees, super easy and clean to fix mistakes.
5. Value for the money
6. Makes payroll processing very easy.

Cons

Cons:
1. If you are not using the enterprise version, customer service is not good.
2. If you let a person who doesn't know what they are doing use it, they can mess it up really bad, pretty quickly.

Sage 300 Construction and Real Estate

Reasons for Choosing QuickBooks Desktop Enterprise

I was using Sage 300 software for a small company, I didn't really need all of the extra features it had, and could not afford the yearly maintenance fees for the software.

Reasons for Switching to QuickBooks Desktop Enterprise

Since QuickBooks virtually owns the small business space in accounting software, there weren't really any other options.

Response from Intuit

Success stories like yours make our day, Tracy! It's wonderful to hear that QuickBooks is helping you save time and making it easier to handle your daily tasks. Whether you're running payroll or updating a report, you can count on our software to get the job done. Our priority is to provide you with a variety of support options so you can get quick answers to any questions you may have. In addition to phone support, you can also receive assistance via the channels below:

QB Community: http://community.intuit.com/
Email: [email protected]
Facebook: @IntuitQuickBooks
Twitter: @QBCares

We also recommend checking out this article for great resources you can use to help train your employees: (https://community.intuit.com/articles/1767637).

Thank you for the rave review and we wish you continued success!
Jen, The QuickBooks Team

Stephanie

The only accounting software I'll use

Reviewed on 13/11/2019

Quickbooks has helped me be able to stay a solo-entrepreneur and not need to hire a bookkeeper, accountant or assistant because I'm able to save time and keep up with it by myself!

Pros

Quickbooks just makes it so dang easy to run my business. When I was starting out, I had NO idea how to manage my money, balance my books or split my business income from personal expenses. Quickbooks makes it simple to categorize, upload, split and balance my money. I have saved so much time on taxes and bookkeeping in the last four years. I truly don't know how I would have figured all this out without software like this.

Cons

I do wish that there was a built-in time tracker of some kind. I want to be able to send clients invoices based on time worked on a project and it would be really nice to have that built into the software itself without paying extra or using a third-party app.

FreshBooks

Reasons for Choosing QuickBooks Desktop Enterprise

I needed something that was a little more user-friendly and affordable for what features I needed.

Wave Accounting

Reasons for Switching to QuickBooks Desktop Enterprise

The price point and the simple design

Response from Intuit

Hey there, Stephanie. Saving you time and energy so you can devote more attention to your business and customers is what we're here for. Hearing how helpful QuickBooks has been is music to our ears! We're always working toward making the software even better. Your feedback helps us do just that. You can find out more about what's going on behind the scenes by viewing our Blog: https://intuit.me/2L2zqTv

Thanks for a 5 star review!

• Industry: Accounting

Quickbooks is still the best for small business, despite its shortcomings

Reviewed on 11/02/2020

Overall, Quickbooks is great for small business, particularly those that have all employees on-site. If you have employees off-site or want a third-party (accountant, for example) to have access, you may want to plan ahead of time and determine if Quickbooks is a great fit. There are third-party apps (QBOX) that can help off-site employees access it, but there are limitations. Otherwise, you need IT to help you set up servers or pay higher prices to Intuit for their customized solutions. That issue aside, Quickbooks is a great product after you get past the learning curve.

Pros

Quickbooks is universally known, compatible with many banks and third-party apps, and can be quite helpful for small businesses. You can customize reports, memorize transactions, and make use of many other time-saving features. Once you get comfortable, you can very quickly manage your accounting and see where your business stands. Also, since it is so popular, there are numerous websites that share helpful tips and tricks.

Cons

There is a steep learning curve for most users. You will not feel comfortable with it for the first few months. Since it is so popular, however, you can search for nearly any task and find several websites that explain how to perform a task. As a CPA, sometimes I just wanted to see the transaction behind the curtain and it can be difficult to see that. Also, remote access for an external accountant or off-site employees is cumbersome and can require paid assistance.

Quickbooks Online

Reasons for Switching to QuickBooks Desktop Enterprise

Quickbooks online is very limited in capabilities.
Ricky
  • Industry: Pharmaceuticals

Quickbooks Online - Rock Solid Accounting Software!

Reviewed on 05/05/2020

Overall it's been a positive experience. We've used Quickbooks from the very beginning and have no plans to change anytime soon!

Pros

Quickbooks is very user-friendly. When I took on the accounting duties for our company, I never had any accounting software background before using Quickbooks, but I was easily able to understand how to use it quickly. One of the best features for me is the customization of reports/templates. Once you understand how to customize reports and use recurring templates it becomes a huge time saver. In addition, since it is a popular accounting software, there is always a lot of answers available online, youtube, customer service, etc.

Cons

One thing I wished Quickbooks added is the ability to import an excel file into a bill. Our employees submit expense reports in excel and I would like a function that allows me to import it into a bill. Right now I have to manually copy and paste the information from the excel expense report into a bill. I asked someone in customer service about this and they said it wasn't an available feature yet. It would save a lot of time!!!

Nelson Kipchirchir
Nelson Kipchirchir
  • Industry: Telecommunications
  • Company size: 501–1,000 Employees

Best accounting solution in the market!

Reviewed on 25/10/2020

QuickBooks solves almost all the accounting problems in my organization eg; Budgeting, bills payment, reporting, tax preparation etc.

Pros

- The budgeting module is very good as it allows me to keep track of my revenue and expenses as per the budget and gives a whole impression on the organization's performance.
- I loved the flexibility of the software when it comes to integration with software from other vendors.
- The pricing is awesome especially for small and upcoming businesses.
- Very easy to learn and put it in use, so far so good. No crashes, bugs, or hanging.

Cons

- The software lacks the current business trend features like barcoding and lot tracking.
- Limitation on the number of users is also one of the aspects I disliked.
- I wished there was the ability to generate other reports apart from the current one which is accounting based only.
- As much as it is good for small business as ours, it becomes hard to use when the business grows and become large.

Sage Accounting

Reasons for Choosing QuickBooks Desktop Enterprise

We needed a more automated software with more features which are less complicated to learn and use.

Microsoft Excel

Reasons for Switching to QuickBooks Desktop Enterprise

- Pricing was good and was pas per our budget. - The size of the organization was also a matter of consideration.

Quickbooks

Reviewed on 11/11/2020

My experience with the QuickBooks had been for almost less than 2 years and even though I was not in the accounting department, I had to maintain the inventory, reporting of general ledger, all the sales purchases made, and made sure all the products that we have physically available, they were in the system with their exact specifications so that at the time of creating sale orders, the exact name and specs would appear with their exact cost and the remaining product count would be the same as it was physically available.

Pros

The best part about QuickBooks was that it was online and we had the ability to work even though we were not on the office premises and it allowed us to work efficiently and effectively. We used it for inventory management, documentation, general ledger, Sale orders, purchase orders, and invoicing.

Cons

Even though it has customization in its reporting mechanism but it takes time and effort to get exactly what we want and at crucial times it gets a little hectic to generate a report where we need results faster.

Great Value for the Price

Reviewed on 04/02/2021

Overall, my company has been happy with our switch to QuickBooks. We previously used Netsuite for our accounting software, but the subscription fees were outrageous and the features were difficult to manage and execute. QuickBooks offers what we need for a very reasonable price on a user-friendly format. I would definitely recommend this to small businesses who do not need a lot of advanced functionality.

Pros

The QuickBooks software is very affordable with lots of good out-of-box features. AR and AP functions are very easy to use for novice users of the software. There are a lot of templated reports that are very helpful for weekly and monthly accounting tasks (Payroll, Vendor Payments, Sales, etc.). The software also allows you to add on a variety of additional features through plug-ins, which you can access for a nominal monthly fee. For example, the BIll.com integration is excellent for paying your vendors online, eliminating the need for mailing out checks each month.

Cons

The biggest issue with QuickBooks is their customer service department. Whenever we have issues that cannot be resolved by an internal administrator, it takes days and sometimes weeks before an Intuit rep returns our messages. We've been using the software a little over a year and have already been passed around to several different account reps. At one point, their response time was so poor I had to request a different rep. The other thing I find cumbersome with the software is the sales reporting. While the templates are helpful, I often end up with a lot of superfluous information, and the reports are not very malleable, even once exported to Xcel. This is an area I feel could be greatly improved with minimal effort from Intuit.

QuickBooks User

Reviewed on 18/10/2018

Accounting, tracking expenses, handling taxes, doing payroll, creating invoices and tracking both customers and vendors.

Pros

I've been a QB user for almost two decades. What I like about this software is that it's easy to learn and use, especially if you don't really have an accounting or bookkeeping background. Their support has always been excellent and very helpful when needed. While there are cheaper accounting software programs, QB has been around a very long time, has superior customer service, and caters to users who may not have much accounting experience as well as those who do. It's also easy to get started if you're new to the software. They also have other options to help small business owners, such as payroll. I've used their payroll service (both basic and advanced) and I have found it to be very useful, affordable, and easy to use.

Cons

I'm a Mac user and the QB software isn't as great on a Mac as it is on a PC.

Response from Intuit

Thanks for your loyalty to QuickBooks these past two decades, as we're proud to have been by your side all this time. Your comments were a pleasure to come across, as we strive to provide the payroll tools and support you deserve. Because we also work hard to ensure our software is accessible to users of all backgrounds, we've created self-help spaces like our Community (https://intuit.me/2rJQ95o) in case you ever have workflow or accounting questions.

As for the differences you've noticed on a Mac, rest assured I'm here to ensure your software is working just as well on all operating systems. At your earliest convenience, feel more than welcome to send me a message directly at [email protected]. That's my inbox, and I have the knowledge and tools to get you squared away.

Talk soon!

Stefany

Good, not great. Getting better.

Reviewed on 13/10/2016

Currently, I use waveccounting.com but needed 1099 support and the ability to support and the ability to have an independent contractor account. As of now, this is not an option forcing me to do a lot of double entry. I started using QB online after reading the reviews and speaking with a customer service representative. She was excellent at answering my questions and making sure what I needed would be present in my account.

Execution - This was far more frustrating than I anticipated. I have a background in programming so I am not on to give up on software easily. I found the controls set in place to help you often hinder you. I feel that I should have had a better set-up option to allow for more choice in what would be automated. All of my categories were changed upon importing. The automation routinely got it wrong despite it's ability to "learn" from past choices.

Go Zen - What I have learned. You really need to start from scratch. Don't import until you have clicked every button and set-up the account in a way that is most efficient for your company. I am currently in the middle of my new set-up and I am beginning to see the benefits of QB and I feel it will be a more efficient choice going forward.

One of the top reasons for choosing QB was their integrations. Specifically, Zapier. My brokerage runs on AI's and a lot of data automation. Adding the ability to add customers, invoice and payment follow up potentially saves me hours of work each week. IT also allows me to have my CRM talk to myI took the time to look at all the integrations available and it is an impressive collection that is growing.

As of now, I would recommend this software but with a healthy dose of patience. With a better on boarding solution, I think a lot of the frustration for those of us in the middle of running a business and a need to get up and running quickly would help a great deal. Overall, it's a robust system. It has a lot of option for every type of business.

Pros

The ability to integrate it with my current apps via Zapier. 1099 creation is huge. Great for working with independent contractors. I really like that I have a phone app for updates on the go. I can do my accounting while on the subway.

Cons

A little confusing to get off the ground unless you have time to really sit with it. Would prefer better onboarding. More options to edit the statements and invoice look to better match my company and stand out.

• Industry: Veterinary

Great features for the price point

Reviewed on 18/08/2019

Good experience. Hassle free software. Accounting and invoicing is straight forward.

Pros

Very cheap (they give you more discounts if you wait it out before renewal). Its got most of the accounting functionalities from invoicing to inventory to taxation and cost management. Highly recommended for a small-med organisation.

Cons

The 'Sent from Quick-books as displayed (in big bold) in each mail. Really dislike it.
Also, you can't generate invoices which have already been paid for- you need to generate cash receipt--but cash receipts mess with the accounting as revenues are calculated from invoicing. All invoices go with a pay now button. This is the biggest issues we face.

Zoho Books and Wave Accounting

1. Less cumbersome 2. More functionalities

Response from Intuit

We strive to provide easy to use tools to manage each accounting aspect. It's great to know we've been able to share the workload and help out with invoicing, inventory, taxes, and cost management! For additional tips and tricks on ways to use your account, we recommend checking out the Community (https://community.intuit.com/). You can also find out more about how we're working to offer advanced features and improved functionality by viewing our Blog (https://intuit.me/2L2zqTv).

Thanks for a great review!

Anabel
  • Industry: Medical Practice

Bad experience

Reviewed on 18/10/2019

They asked me to contact you and that is when the problems started.
If you have a restriction on...

They asked me to contact you and that is when the problems started.
If you have a restriction on when QBSE account has to be activated, you should posted on turbotax so that is visible and people can read it like the restrictions for late filers. It is not fair you make up restrictions that are not disclosed on my account and after I have been using the account, you just cancel it all of a sudden. Therefore I think this is false advertising and I will definitely file a complain with FTC if necessary. I have all screenshoots and there is nowhere to be found any restrictions to activate the account before July 15th.

2- If there was indeed a restriction and I had to activated before July 15th, how was it possible that I did activated my account on September and started using it with no problem and no warning or notification until last week?

3-You cancelled my account with no warning. I did not get a warning stating my subscription will expired on specific date. How could I have known this? All the information I have taken time to categorize including miles, payments and transactions are lost now and I do not have access. That is also not fair because I can not access any of that information to save it or transfer it right now if I do not want to continue the subscription.

4- For such a big company, not having a phone number to communicate directly and having customers wasting time writing emails is just a shame.

Pros

This review is based on my experience interacting with Intuit, other’s experiences my defer.
Most of my bad experience was with Quick Book Self Employed but since the company is Intuit, I will leave my review here too.
Turbotax is a good tool for filling, I used the Self employed portion to file my 2018 taxes. This was done in March 2019 and it worked well. As part of the package, you are supposed to get a free year subscription of Intuit Quick Book Self Employed (QBSE) until March 2020.
I signed up on (QBSE) the app on September 2019 and I started working on classifying my transactions and adding miles manually (the automatic tracking was not working that well).
All of a sudden in October 2019, with no warning, they cancelled my subscription and I lost all the data and time I used to do the work. I can not log in and retrieve anything. I can not see any information on my account. I never got an email notification or warning on the app, they just cancelled it.

Cons

The only restrictions that are available are for late filers, not for regular filers. I requested multiple times to speak on the phone with a supervisor and nothing, just email responses relating the same thing. I never got an apology, never got the service reestablished, and at last, they just ignored my last email.
I will leave below my last email which was never answered back.
If you have read so far, please read it and and make your own conclusions. This is one of the worst customer services I have ever interacted with.

October 14th, 2019

Hi representative,

Thank you for contacting me. I am sorry to inform you that your answer does not solve my problem. You are repeating the same statements from the previous costumer service representative. I am not sure if you read the thread but I do not have problems activating my QBSE account. My account was working fine and it was active until it was cancelled with no warnings.

My problems are the following.
1 -When I filed my taxes with turbotax I was offered a free QBSE account for one year. There is no restrictions on my Turbotax account that states I had to activate my account before July 15th. I have previously sent screenshots of the restrictions that are shown on my turbotax and they are only valid for late filer which is not my case.

Response from Intuit

Hi, Anabel. Thank you for your thorough review. We'd like to provide some info and help get this resolved. Once you receive your free year of QuickBooks Self Employed, you'd be required to log into that account at least twice before July 16th. Otherwise, the account will expire. It sounds like there may have been a 30 day trial created in September, which is why it expired the following month. We'd be glad to investigate this further and make sure you get your free year. Please reach out to us via email at [email protected], and we'll be there to help. Additionally, you can request a callback by logging into the site (https://selfemployed.intuit.com/login) and clicking the Help button in the top-right corner.

Wishing you the best.

Joseph

CUSTOMER SERVICE HELL!!!

Reviewed on 05/11/2019

Very little benefit. Had to migrate to a more secure, supportable platform.

Very little benefit. Had to migrate to a more secure, supportable platform.

Pros

Ease of Use, only. Ease of Use, only. Ease of Use, only.

Cons

Although the software is relatively easy to use, there is no security over accounts, cost centers and posted transactions (you can change them whenever you want to ...this month, next month, next year!!). To import data requires a third party app; no available CSV or Excel import feature. Reporting is terrible.

But the worst is when there is an issue with the software you go into Customer Service HELL. Whenever a problem occurs with the system (we use enterprise version hosted by Right Networks), you go into an hours long, days long process that will absolutely drive you nuts. It takes forever to get routed to the right individual (enterprise versus desktop versus online, so on), and then the fun begins. It takse a minimum of 2 hours to solve any problem (which occur frequently) such unknown subscription issue, unknown licensing issues, unknown credit card issues, etc.

Response from Intuit

Hi, Jospeh. Thank you for your honest review. We'd like to provide some info in hopes of improving your thoughts toward the software. To secure your books, you have the option to set up restricted access to avoid accidental edits. The following article offers info on this process (https://community.intuit.com/articles/1773838). For details on importing with CSV or Excel, this link is a great place to start (https://community.intuit.com/articles/1764731). Lastly, if you decide to give QuickBooks another try and need an extra hand, we invite you to check out the Community. Here, you can browse a variety of how-to articles and receive guidance from fellow users and QuickBooks Team members (https://community.intuit.com/).

We wish you the best!

Joel
Joel

Great overall, but a bit much for beginners and those without accounting experience

Reviewed on 23/06/2018

Pros

Everything you need comes right out of the box. QuickBooks holds your hand as best it can when setting up a company from scratch. Most novice users with a little bit of accounting experience will appreciate the ease of setup when starting from scratch.

The ability to customize your company is nearly endless. QuickBooks has every feature and function you could ever want in accounting software for a small to medium sized company. The reports are great, the way it can autofill for you almost everywhere, and the home screen is very easy and makes total sense.

I like that QuickBooks is industry standard, so you can find helpful videos, tips, and tricks, all over the internet.

Cons

If you have no accounting experience, you can very easily get lost with QuickBooks. Yes, it does a fairly good job of holding your hand, but many times you have no idea what the next step needs to be and sometimes you just have to guess. Those times are few, but can sometimes be critical (like getting a deposit to show up on your account register after getting paid.)

QuickBooks is not very fast to start and the auto backup on exit function is not intuitive to setup. If you backing up to a drive across your network, count on your exits sometimes taking minutes at a time. QuickBooks does not handle file open, close, and backup requests very quickly. I don't know why it is so slow at those actions, especially across a Gigabit network, but know going in that file operations are slow.

QuickBooks will absolutely HOUND you about buying additional services. I haven't found a way to get rid of those permanently.

Response from Intuit

Hi Joel. For system latency, give the steps at community.intuit.com/articles/1502333 a go. This link is hosted by our Community (https://intuit.me/2rJQ95o), where you can ask questions in a forum and receive answers from QuickBooks reps. Like the article above, you'll also find a wealth of troubleshooting/self-help aids across topics. This is handy when you need to know next steps or have limited accounting knowledge. As another example, this URL tackles adding deposits to the register: community.intuit.com/articles/1583105.

I also encourage you to reach out to chat support on the official Facebook (Intuit QuickBooks) and Twitter (QBCares) the next time you run into a critical issue. I'm optimistic with the provided info, you'll never get lost in QuickBooks again.

Before I forget, I'll dig into removal from the promotional list. When you get a chance, please send me an email at [email protected] with more background on the nature of these ads.

Harikumar
Harikumar

Quickbooks is very easy to use Accounting Software with GST Ready Invoices. It helps us to...

Reviewed on 27/07/2018

Quickbooks offers wide range of features. It help us to record all our expenses and income and keep track of the same. Creatinf invoices were never made so easy and also it offers to collect payments.

Pros

Quickbooks offers everything at a single platform. For a business it has everything such as business payments, manage and pay bills, and payroll functions etc. The accounting feature is the best which we liked because we can manage income, expense and many more very easily. It really help us to note all transactions electronically. Another feature we liked is the Payment which help us to collect payments seamlessly. It help us to organize the finance. The online payment system help us to track payments. Next i would like to highlight the interface , it has a very beautiful design and simple interface. Without much training anyone can use it for their business. Quickbooks help us to reduce the time taken for our financial department. The team at Quickbooks are also very helpful and are ready to help us always. It is very useful for creating invoices and then collecting payments from the customers which track on a real time basis which reflects in our dashboard. Sometime we may miss to note expenses but with Quickbooks it's easy to keep track about our purchases , bills and expenses. I strongly recommend Quickbooks to smoothen your business operations.

Cons

Web connectivity is a must for using Quickbooks which is a drawback. The UI needs few more improvements. Some interfaces are easy to use while some areas need further improvements which will help to smoothen the workflow. Some modifications are needed for creating invoices especially when we create GST Invoices. If Quickbooks do some more modification it will be really helpful to beginners

Response from Intuit

We love hearing from our customers, and your thorough review was a pleasure to come across, Harikumar. I'm delighted you've gained so much accounting insight from the program, and that you're saving time with our Payments, Payroll, and tracking features.

With this said, I'd be more than happy to discuss the Cons you mentioned. When you get a chance, could you send me more details about your vision for QuickBooks ([email protected])? You've got brilliant ideas, and I'll forward your suggestions about an offline option, streamlined interface, and more customization for sales forms. I can send them to the engineers directly, as they default to customer input when deciding what enhancements will come down the pipeline next.

Looking forward to hearing from you, by the way. In the meantime, I encourage you to explore our Community Q&A forum, where we host a ton of troubleshooting/how-to articles. Jump into the convo anytime at https://intuit.me/2rJQ95o.

Erik

QuickBooks Enterprise - not really suitable for multi-location businesses

Reviewed on 16/11/2018

QuickBooks Enterprise at first glance seemed like a good fit for my 5-location business. The feature set is rich, is a widely accepted accounting package and came with a nice support package. The fundamental features of the software are quite impressive and met the core needs of my business with range from retail sales to large projects. To handle the multiple locations, there is a "class" (location) construct that allows you to use a single chart of accounts and use class to designate where things apply. For standard income/expense accounts this works well and I can track sales and expenses easily. Where the implementation fall very short is with asset/liability accounts. For example, if you have 100 widgets in class A and 0 in class B (store A and store B) and you transfer 50 widgets to class B, the count of widgets is done correctly, but the inventory value of the transferred widgets still remains in the first class. It's made a mess of my inventory values and we've had to resort to processing manual GL entries anytime we transfer items from store to store. The same holds true with banking - the class structure is only partially implemented. There are work-arounds, but they're slow and cumbersome.

Reporting is another soft spot. There are plenty of pre-made reports that are decent and you can build custom reports. The issue is that custom reports are very unstable and more often than not, you'll find that reports lock up (or frozen as you'll read everywhere). This makes them pretty much worthless unless you enjoy creating a new custom report every time you want to use one.

Customer support is very energetic, but it's mainly people who have never used accounting software outside a PowerPoint driven training scenario. The usual answer is to either use Google or look on the Intuit community forums. Fairly disappointing. We've managed to figure most things out, but it's taken far longer than if we had access to people with real-world experience. There are a couple of great YouTube users (Hector) who were very helpful with their videos.

Pros

Simple interface
Widely used by the industry
30 user capability
Mid-rage price tag on a subscription basis

Cons

The class implementation is only partially implemented and causes great pain when using this to run multiple locations
The performance is marginal
Required a lot of extra plug-ins to accomplish things
Custom reports are reasonably flexible, but are very, very unstable and aren't very usable.
Customer support is lackluster with the common answer being, "have you looked on Google?"
Credit card processing through Intuit is not competitively priced