PatientNow

Write a Review!
Patient engagement & electronic medical record (EMR) system

4.0/5

Simran

Great system for a cash based aesthetic practice

Reviewed on 26/09/2019

Overall, great software product at an excellent price. Customer support has been great too, so I would highly recommend this to others.

Pros

The software has addressed key work flow requirements in aesthetic practices. It has very helpful templates already included and making your own custom templates is very easy. Now that our practice has had it for some time we have started looking at the analytics that the software offers. Finally, text and email marketing is included which means we do not have to pay another vendor to do it or enter emails/phone numbers on another platform.

Cons

I wish the software interface was more streamlined. When I say this, I am specifically referring to the small boxes and colors.

Beck
  • Industry: Cosmetics

The Two Sides To Using PatientNow

Reviewed on 15/05/2023

Pros

I like how everything is in one system. It's easy to check people in and out, schedule, and process payments. With this system, we can now allow for prepurchasing singular items, as it allows us to keep better track of how many sessions are left in someone's package.

Cons

Texts never work. I stated it earlier in the review, but I get them approved, it says in every patient profile that the texts went through when they didn't, and then support tries to tell me I'm wrong or say I'm doing something wrong when I haven't done anything different than they've told me. You also can't use the mass email function if you're using Gmail due to not being able to send more than 500 emails in 24 hours. Not every report matches with each other, and the treatment pathways don't always work. And most annoyingly, support doesn't know what the heck they're doing 90% of the time. I know how to solve more problems on PatientNow than support does, and when I go to them with a big issue, no one know what to do so they say they'll call back with a solution and never do.

Jonathan

Patient Now Review

Reviewed on 26/09/2019

THe software is OK. Its not very user friendly. I find that staffing adequate at PATient Now adequate but not outstanding. I find it annoying that at least 3 times a year our calls are returned after our hours and often times 2 days after the call is made.

Pros

Computer based, multiple machines can run. I like the Electronic Prescription Module. I like the scheduler. I like the ease of document template use and writing encounter notes. I dont like its integration with MIRROR software as it is too slow.

Cons

Dont like the report generator. It is unable to save the "steps" to generate a particular report so that everytime a report of a particular type that needs to be run, we must go through all the steps to run it. It is cumbersome and not time efficient. I purchased a Microsoft tablet to use with this software and it is quite cumbersome and dont use it. IT is too slow. I have all the latest and greatest wifi but still too slow.
I think the integration of WORD DOCUMENTS with this software needs to be upgraded. One can input a .RTF file to the template manager but it would be easier if the software recognized microsoft word documents. It does seem to hande pdfs a bit but not jpegs. I would like to have easier input of jpegs. I have inputted several jpegs for use in the clinical information section with injectables but the software is not very robust.
There needs to be changes in the Injectables ares. The drop downs for specific injectables do not pertain to that particular injectable. I dont remember off the bat which injectables there were not appropriate dosage or amount injected.

Reasons for Choosing PatientNow

Supposedly better software, better reports, better interaction---easier to use

Least expensive
Rachel
  • Industry: Plastics

Product Review

Reviewed on 01/10/2019

PatientNow offers EVERYTHING you need for a practice. It provides everything from scheduling appointments, texting/emailing to communicate with patients, and extensive patient charts to running reports for tracking your practices growth and keeping your inventory, products, and services organized. It is a great program with just a few minor inconveniences. I feel like there is not program that will not have those though. The great part is PatientNow has great customer service to help you maneuver through those minor set-backs.

Pros

The customer service department availability and knowledge is awesome! If the person that I come in contact with first does not have a solution, they make sure they find the right person for finding the solution.

Cons

There are some simple functionalities that I wish were different. For instance, printing multiple copies of requisitions, quotes, invoices, etc. There is no option to print multiple copies at one time. It is little stuff like that, that may not take a long time, but through out the day gets frustrating. I also do not like that there is ONE type of scanner that is compatible with their program. It is a very expensive scanner and I wish there were more options.

Gabi

Repta Plastic Surgery Feedback

Reviewed on 30/10/2023

Pros

-Easily customizable
-Treatment Pathways
-Keeps all your tools in one place (billing, marketing, feedback, etc.)

Cons

-Inconsistent customer support
-Would like to see an option for manual writing on an encounter note (like with an apple pen)

Mareena
Mareena

WARNING!!!! Patient Now & Aesthetic Now are the same, fraudulent claims & terrible support

Reviewed on 01/11/2021

I would not recommend Patient Now, Aesthetic Now, RxPhoto, Payrix, or Crystalclear Marketing. They are scam artist and have the worst customer service and support staff. I am now switching over to Aesthetic Record, and unfortunately I have to set everything up again. Please reach out if you have any questions or concerns. I would not want anyone else to go through what I went through.

Pros

Would not be able to state a pro since the company falsely advertises the EMR's capabilities and so far it has been nothing but a nightmare working with them.

Cons

Patient Now (PN)is merging with RX Photo and Crystal Clear Marketing to create Aesthetic Now (AN). But when they sold me on AN, they never mentioned that they were merging or that they are in the process of figuring things out. They are still advertising AN and PN as a system that can create packages, manage inventory, collect payment, do marketing, and so much more all for $414.00/month. I have been with them for about 6 months and they are still working on internal errors and software issues. The inventory management does not work and when I submit a ticket it goes to crystal clear marketing, but no one ever follows up with you. Rx photo is a photo software and they do the medical charting, but they are limited on their charting and have useless templets. So, I had to make my own. I also had to make my own consent forms and treatment directions. They use Payrix for processing payments and they are still working on fixing the glitches. I have reached out to Stephen M from Patient Now and CrystalClearMD since he is the one in charge. He and his colleagues are always out of the office or on vacation and I have to email them multiple times for them to get back to me (which is several weeks). Stephan calls and states that he will follow up with me weekly and will refund me 50% of my monthly fees, but they keep charging my account and refuse to pick up the phone, refuse to call me back in a timely manner (weeks), refuse to email back (weeks). I would not recommend these people.

Aesthetic Record

Reasons for Switching to PatientNow

I chose Patient Now/Aesthetic Now because they claimed that they can do inventory tracking, collect payments, etc.
Craig

Great Product for the Value

Reviewed on 20/12/2022

We have enjoyed working with Envision. The software does what we need, customer support is efficient and knowledgeable in assisting with problem solving.

Pros

We've been using Envision for a few years now. It's pretty user friendly, has all of the software features that we need (although we don't use them all), makes it easy to manage patient appointments and charting. We have 2 different clinics in 2 different states and Envision makes it easy to manage what needs to be separated but keep together what needs to be in one place.

Cons

We did not find the credit card processing very user friendly for our clients so terminated that service. We also did not find the marketing email feature very user friendly.

Response from PatientNow

Thank you for your review! We pride ourselves on providing a powerful, yet user-friendly program.
We are enhancing our credit card processing frequently, so we encourage you to take a second look when you're ready. Thank you for your feedback!

Elizabeth

Online Booking and Other Functions that don't work like they should

Reviewed on 04/10/2019

The text reminders are really great. Also the pathways are good. They are a little complex but seem to work to get patients back in the door. I think once a quarter a trainer should go through them with their accounts as when things change etc. things can get messed up. Or they add new services and a pathway never gets created or gets created poorly.

Pros

Scheduling on this software is very easy. Creating invoices is also simple.

Cons

The online booking. There is no way for the patient to reschedule so they end up just booking multiple spots. Also, I wish there was a way to guarantee the booking with a credit card as so many people make appointments and don't show. Also, I wish when you selected a provider, the drop down for services only put what that provider is able to do. Many people are searching providers for the wrong services. Also, a schedule marking for patients that have done paperwork online. And it should prompt them to do this when booking.

Sarah

Med Spa Experience with PatientNow

Reviewed on 12/10/2023

PatientNow is the 3rd EMR system I have used since opening my medspa 7 years ago. I've now used PatientNow for nearly 3 years, and it by far the best system i've tried. I feel that it has most everything I need for both my needs and those of my patients. They are continually updating the system and making improvements to the software. I love that they integrate with RxPhoto which makes my charting seamless!

Pros

Patients can schedule on lineIntegration with RXPhoto

Cons

It was a large investment in time and effort in the beginning to create all of my forbs.

Kevin
  • Industry: Medical Practice

PatientNow in an office- based surgical center

Reviewed on 07/09/2023

Pros

We use PatientNow for everything. We schedule, confirm, remind, and follow-up from appointments with PatientNow's registration, automatic emails and texts, and created emails. Templates are stored and easily accessible. You can even send and receive faxes from within the system.

Cons

Even though we use SecurePayNow through PatientNow, patients are not yet able to access their accounts and pay directly to their bills by logging into the portal.

Dana
  • Industry: Medical Practice

This software over promises and under delievers

Reviewed on 13/07/2022

Terrible. My sales person lied to me regarding the functionality of the software. She reassured me in my demo as well as in emails that the system could do specific functions I require. I specifically asked if the system allowed for the creation of templates and/or dot phrases to make my charting streamline as well as consistent. She told me yes. She told me templates could be created in the update my record software. That was a lie. Only patient forms can be created in this software. She mentioned that I could create dot phrases with text expander. When I asked what text expander was she stated it was a way for me to create and use my dot phrases for my charting. What she failed to state is that text expander is a completely separate company with a monthly fee! When I brought this to the manager [SENSITIVE CONTENT] attention, she stated that the month free they gave me for signing up should cover the fee I will have to pay this other company to make her system function properly! This company will falsely advertise functionality they are not capable of delivering and expect you to pay for additional services to make up for their shortcomings. I strongly advise against dealing with this company.

Pros

The software is aesthetically appealing to the eye.

Cons

Everything. The documentation screens are useless. Information is completely disjointed and non-cohesive. You have to click into to many sections to get the most simple of information regarding your treatment. The forms are in a completely different software called update my records. Why is information in so many disjointed places? Do not waste your time on this software. Keep looking. There are many other medspa software that offer much more than this company at the same price point.

Jeri

Love this platform

Reviewed on 11/04/2023

Patient Now has benefitted our practice by providing great insight through reports. The way patient now is structured, it is very easy to extract and examine critical components of running a practice to better improve our overall quality of care and finances.

Pros

Patient Now has a well thought out design that allows many options to be utilized to maximize both practice growth and marketing but also patient engagement. The features really allow us to stay plugged in with our patients. Options are seamless and automatic. From structured and scheduled appointment reminders to Treatment Pathways, this software has great features that keep that patient engaged, make the patient feel supported and keep the patient coming back.

Cons

We have a largely Hispanic speaking demographic and the Portal does not have options for Spanish only however we can structure appointment reminders and many other things in Spanish.

Samuel

Reviewed on 08/12/2020

Pros

Still looking...........................

Cons

I can not fathom with all the features that are built into the software that a feature doesn't exist where if someone schedules an online appointment with me that I can't receive an immediate email notification. Case and point (example): If I leave work on Friday at 5pm and have no one scheduled for Saturday, but someone logs in Friday night at 5:01 to make an appointment for Saturday morning - I won't know about that appointment unless I sign in and physically look Friday night before bed or wake up very early Saturday to "check" and see if anyone made an appointment. I think its criminal this isn't a feature.

I also am very very very (VERY) disappointed in the speed. I was told and I feel VERY MISLEAD about the speed of the product. Every-time I talk to anyone they say "oh check your wifi connection," or "move it closer to the wifi, it must be the location." No in fact this isn't the case and you guys KNOW IT. I know you are undergoing certain upgrades to improve the product, however you have lied to your consumers and I'm furious over it. I am seriously re-evaluating dumping your services immediately following the end of my application.

Kim

Keep looking

Reviewed on 20/09/2021

If the software works as promised, and they provide any kind of customer support then I would recommend it. But my experience over the last three to four months has been so poor that even though it will cost me a lot of time I'm going to start looking for another company to work with. It's over a week for a return call and sometimes not at all, even for technical support issues. I have asked for a refunds and discounts on services because of the poor turnaround time, and never hear back anything. Do not recommend

Pros

I like the charting features, and the patient follow up is what I originally signed up for.

Cons

Firstly it has become extremely slow and difficult to use. It used to be quite fast, but now charting takes an inordinate amount of time. I have reached out to the company four times at this point and struggle to even get a call back.

Yoli
  • Industry: Plastics

Patient now

Reviewed on 22/05/2023

It's a good working system overall

It's a good working system overall

Pros

the billing portion with integrated payments is outstanding.

Cons

Too many steps for simple transactions. Not a big variety on reports to run.

Reasons for Choosing PatientNow

moving office

price

Best of the worst?

Reviewed on 08/10/2019

A bit Soso. It’s doing what we needed to do, but the promised constant contact integration that was supposed to happen in March 2019 never happened. The marketing portal is pretty worthless. The program is not a real cloud-based program which is irksome considering I have apple computers at home and had to buy a PC just to look on patient now. The software has glitches and patients do not like the portal either. More often than not they have difficulty accessing it and filling it out. Sometimes they get to the end of all the questions and the submit button does not work. If I start a note on a patient and then do a procedure, often that note disappears and I have to start over.

Pros

I like that customer service is very good, the trainers are excellent and the ease of creating notes and modifying templates is simple.

Cons

It is not possible to flip between windows. So if you are in putting a new product and forgot to put in the manufacturer, you have to switch out of one window, lose all of your information put in manufacturer and then go back. Sometimes this happens three or four times because there is a sequence of putting in things that is not intuitive and the software does not automatically create the flow for.

Patient Now Review

Reviewed on 08/10/2019

In the beginning, when we first began using PN it was informative and responsive to requests. Now it is difficult to get help with changes or get those implemented. No one seems to be there to review and help make suggestions to improve aspects of our account.

Pros

The overall use for many practitioners in the office is great. Not having to move from one system to another to capture changes is a big plus.

Cons

Making changes in the system is very difficult. The company is great at suggesting and having ADD-ON charges like the Enhanced Pathways. Which we bought into in March and in Oct. we are still trying to implement and working out the kinks. All the while those flawed emails are going out to the patients.

Tonya

Patient Now

Reviewed on 13/04/2023

Pt Now is always very helpful when we have a problem or question.

Pt Now is always very helpful when we have a problem or question.

Pros

Scheduling and entering patient demographics

Cons

The insurance module needs to be streamlined to be more efficient. Very difficult to work with. I don't know if it is because our system isn't set up properly or if it is just not equipped for this. Posting simple transactions are fine but if you need to refund or transfer a credit to another acct, it needs work ! Creating a fake gift card to transfer a credit to another patient does not make sense from an accounting standpoint.

Stephanie

PatientNow EMR System

Reviewed on 12/04/2019

I think PatientNow is a great option for practices wanting to implement a general EMR system that is easy for them to switch over from charts.

Pros

The EMR system was easy for a team that was just leaving charts, you can limit permissions for them so they can feel at ease navigating the system.

Cons

Support is a drawback. I often see updates that roll out and only learn about them after I see something new as I am using the system. Rarely do I get a live person to talk to when I want help and often get a ticket with a call 1-2 days later after I have figured things out on my own. Support is also not too helpful, if I ask them a question they will not always have the answer and tell me that something is not possible and then I learn on my own it was.

Manager Review

Reviewed on 08/12/2020

I utilize customer support quite often, overall pretty decent.

I utilize customer support quite often, overall pretty decent.

Pros

I like how Patient Now bridges the gap between medical practice software and aesthetic treatments. It's user friendly and the addition of ramp and pulse has helped on the managerial side.

Cons

There are many features "in the works" and it's a small team.

Pam

PatientNow for EMR

Reviewed on 24/04/2023

Patient Now works well for our office.

Patient Now works well for our office.

Pros

The text message feature is the best, it really helps with patients that don't live nearby when there is an issue.

Cons

Sometimes it's difficult to navigate and we still need to use a different system for payments. I know PatientNow has a payment system but we have not updated to that yet.

Sam

Went from Server to Cloudbase

Reviewed on 27/09/2019

Over the years PatientNOW has really grown in the reports. Which very helpful. They are intergrating more and more which is a plus.

Pros

The software does a great job of capturing Patient info from contacts, scheduling, reports. It does what there company states Capture, Sustain, Grow! The New Features in the Cloud are way better then Server.

Cons

The communication is sometime slow or misleading. Cost more in operation then Server base. More internet and higher bill then Server clients.

Sue

Highly recommend PatientNow

Reviewed on 24/04/2023

PatientNow is easy to use and has many features that are useful to our medical practice and med spa. The ease of scheduling for a multi provider clinic is extremely important and this program offers that and more!

Pros

Navigating a patients EMR and the ease of scheduling for a busy multi provider clinic.

Cons

Would like to see an easier, more efficient way to add schedule blocks/times.

Neil

Reliable software with good value

Reviewed on 22/05/2023

Pros

Good value. The pathway feature help organize the flow.

Cons

The appearance of the program has not been updated for over 10 years and looks a bit dated. The reports lack certain elements that we are looking for and can not be customized enough.

Denise

PatientNOW - A Software to Grow With

Reviewed on 15/10/2019

PatientNOW helped us get up and running when we opened this year. Their customer support has been outstanding and our trainer has gone above and beyond to see us use PatientNOW to its fullest benefits.

Pros

From the ease and maneuverability of entering front desk information through the clinical documentation, PatientNOW delivers what we need. Its customizable patient engagement, through its Treatment Pathways,
enables our staff to accomplish other needed workflow tasks.

Cons

The ability to customize additional reporting is still needed, however PatientNOW is continually striving to meet the users needs so this should be coming in the future.