InstaViser

InstaViser

Cloud-based mentoring program management platform

4.6/5 (30 reviews)
Cathy J.

Higher Education Support

Used Other for 2+ years
Reviewed on 12/02/2019

The InstaViser team is responsive to all customer needs and is proactive in helping customers to use the software. The program is clean and attractive and overall relatively easy to use.

Pros

The functionality of the software and the customer service provided are both successfully designed to make the best use of both mentor and mentee valuable time. Access to mentors is provided in specific categories of expertise and interest and mentors are prepared in advance of sessions enabling them to offer best possible advice in short periods.

Cons

The initial set up for the mentor seems challenging to some.

Benjamin P.
Industry: Medical Devices

This made communicating with the mentor nework a breeze

Used Other for 6-12 months
Reviewed on 13/11/2019

We were using this software as a way to connect to knowledgeable people about how to start and grow our business.

Pros

This software made going through the many potential mentors at UC Davis' Mentor network a simple endeavor. It quickly gave my team the needed specifics to be able to home in on the individuals we really wanted to meet with.

The connections were made easily and the resultant networks have been very useful to our further business development.

Cons

That some of the mentors were hesitant to use the features offered to them.

Javad A.
Industry: Computer Software

Mentoring At Every Stage

Used Monthly for 1-5 months
Reviewed on 12/01/2020

In general, it is very good for both mentors and mentees to use InstaViser. I totally recommend it.

Pros

This Is The Key To Finding A Mentor At Every Stage Of Your Career to make sustainable progress. However, it is not easy to do that. InstaViser take care of it for you.

Cons

It would be great to categorize mentors in a deeper way. So people can find their personalized mentor.

Industry: E-Learning

Great CRM

Used Daily for Free Trial
Reviewed on 24/11/2019

Tracking leads

Pros

Tracked my leads efficiently and intuitively

Cons

Not as intuitive as mailchimp and salesforce together

Clarissa H.
Industry: Health, Wellness & Fitness

Entrepreneurship Academy use

Used Other for 6-12 months

Small email and other

Pros

Ease and accessibility, it made it simple to contact people.

Cons

Not many other users, but good information

Likelihood to recommend: 5.0/10

Bradley K.
Industry: Education Management

Great software to facilitate connections

Reviewed on 13/11/2019

I have facilitated the creation of a number of meaningful relationships through InstaViser.

Pros

InstaViser does an excellent job of establishing a platform that makes it easy to connect with individuals, eliminating the need for "cold calling." It enables ease of scheduling and communication quite well.

Cons

There is very little that I do not like about the software. The only potential con is the frequency with which you get reminders.

Tyson G.
Industry: Sports

Mentoring Is A Key Factor In My Success

Used Monthly for 2+ years
Reviewed on 13/11/2019

I live by the philosophy that a person should surround one's self with successful people to be successful. A mentor network makes it easy to do that. I utilize those who are successful to help me. I hope to pay that forward to others in the future.

Pros

Instaviser is an easy to use software that has made it easy for me to utilize the mentor network.

Cons

I don't like how the filtering system works.

Josh E.
Industry: Management Consulting
Company size: 10,001+ Employees

Solid base toolkit with room for growth

Used Monthly for 1+ year
Reviewed on 13/11/2019

I've been speaking with potential mentors in different industries about their work and their advice for me professionally

Pros

The software has an intuitive interface and makes it easy to search for people based on different factors such as company and skillset

Cons

The online connections (especially via video portal) can be difficult to learn and inconsistent, it could also be easier to message through the system or add people to request later, etc.

Slade S.
Company size: 501-1,000 Employees

A Solid Networking Tool

Reviewed on 13/11/2019

I have had a great experience because I have been able to get in contact with people I otherwise never would have been able to meet.

Pros

InstaViser does a great job of tagging other users in the network by key interests so that you can easily find others interested in the same thing. The audio/visual technology for having video conferences with one another works great.

Cons

The software forces you to preset a goal or personal biography, which can be difficult to choose because you set this before reaching out to people. It is true, however, that you can edit it each time.

Miryam B.
Industry: Biotechnology

It makes my lab even more productive

Used Monthly for 1+ year
Reviewed on 16/11/2019

Pros

This software helped my research lab to build collaboration with other labs located in other cities or even states.

Cons

I believe having more people using this platform can boos this software to reach it's potential.

Carolyn N.

Easy to Use - Great Customer Support

Reviewed on 29/01/2019

My overall experience with InstaViser is outstanding. From the CEO to our Customer Success Manager, they are a company that really listens to their customers and is continually improving their product. They are a pleasure to work with!

Pros

InstaViser's platform is very simple and clean. It is easy to use and intuitive. The platform doesn't try to "be all things to all people" so they are able to focus on delivering their core functionality really well. InstaViser also provides exceptional customer support, and is extremely responsive to us as their customer, and the system users who are our customers.

Cons

There are some basic enhancements in the way sessions are scheduled and confirmed that I think would enhance the user experience. Also, some more granularity in administrative roles would be helpful.

Dani M.
Industry: Sports
Company size: 501-1,000 Employees

Top Notch Customer Success, Easy to Use Platform

Reviewed on 21/01/2019

Overall, the cost, the red carpet, 5 star customer service is worth every cent. I feel that the Instaviser team is genuinely invested in our clients' success with the platform as well as ours. The communication with our team is awesome and makes not only the software easy to use, but gives our team a piece of mind in what our clients are experiencing--which is a great time! Highly recommend to anyone.

Pros

I like that our users can book a session at any point and have a great experience each time.
The Instaviser team is always updating the software, adding in new data metrics, newsletter features, etc. You can tell that everyone on the team is invested not only in the software, but their clients as well. I also like that it can be integrated with another one of our service platforms.

Cons

Nothing to comment about, we really like the product.

Lisa S.
Industry: Hospital & Health Care

Great software even better team

Reviewed on 01/02/2019

Instaviser is the engine of our mentoring platform; we literally could not offer our services without them.

Pros

Instaviser's platform strikes the balance between bells and whistles and is way more than basic. It is easy for both your internal staff and external customers to use. The Instaviser team is incredibly responsive - from the first day of install to today they have been an extension of our team not a 3rd party developer.

Cons

There are always improvements to be made. The Instaviser team has a to-do list which they are working to get to-done.

Benjamin S.

Complete Success

Used Weekly for 1+ year
Reviewed on 28/08/2019

Pros

Community-building (and maintenance) through digital platforms is one of the most difficult arenas to enter with the presence of industry go-to's based on social media or professional affinities. InstaViser provided an opportunity for our small organization to connect all of our constituents to each other through an opt-in, easy-to-use platform. The tight design and focus on individual relationships has provided a usage rate well beyond our highest expectations. As an administrator, the feedback from the users has been overwhelmingly positive, evidenced by the near perfect ratings after each session.

Cons

There are certainly growing pains with the adoption of any new platform, but the InstaViser team has been extremely responsive to the few minor technological issues that occurred in the first six months of use.

Jenna M.
Industry: Higher Education

Helping UC Davis innovators broaden their network!

Used Weekly for 1+ year
Reviewed on 28/01/2019

InstaViser customer service worked hard to help us with a successful implementation, and listened to us as we suggested ways to make the tool more useful. Their team is high integrity, easy to work with, and helped us understand ways to optimize our use with existing features we may not have otherwise figured out.

Pros

Simple interface, very clear how to use. InstaViser does a great job of focusing on the mentor/learner relationship. Intuitive function and excellent tools to stimulate system use.

Cons

Certain features were in development when we began, but this was expected, and InstaViser's focus on customer service made all the difference.

Parker B.

Ease of Connection

Reviewed on 13/11/2019

Pros

I found that this software provided both professional separation between parties while making connection easy and making it reasonably easy to contact the other party outside of the Instaviser software.

Cons

I sometimes find the automatic linkage to other softwares such as Google calendar and other products to be more confusing than helpful. It might be better to have everything in one place.

Adrian P.
Industry: Marketing & Advertising

Slight learning curve

Cool, I guess.

Pros

The software is easy to understand. With every software program, there is moments of not knowing what where things are but the UC Mentors platform was an easy one to figure out after a few logins.

Cons

The software is straight forward, and maybe a little too lifeless. It needs a spark. Something fun. Something cool. Overall, it’s an amazing platform.

Hanna K.
Industry: Research

Using InstaViser for UC Mentors

Used Other for Free Trial
Reviewed on 16/11/2019

My overall experience was positive.

Pros

It allowed me to quickly identify relevant contacts.

Cons

I wanted to learn more about locations of mentors.

Jackson W.
Company size: Self Employed

InstaViser is a great service

Reviewed on 13/11/2019

Pros

Allows for very easy browsing of potential mentors, and effectively labels their relevant experiences and qualifications

Cons

Lack of understanding of how credits work / my credits did not refresh when I thought they did -- however, that may be a problem with my host institution

Sina D.
Industry: Mechanical or Industrial Engineering

A unique way to build a connection

Reviewed on 06/12/2019

Pros

This software make a unique opportunity to build a connection with people who are more advanced. It is easy to use this software. I am happy that I have access to this software through my school.

Cons

I didn't have a bad experience using this software.

Emily K.

Great!

Reviewed on 13/11/2019

I have really enjoyed using it and I would recommend it to others.

Pros

The ability to connect with people I otherwise wouldn’t and the ease of use!

Cons

I wish I had more credits and more accessibility to make changes when I schedule a meeting.

Jessica B.
Industry: Biotechnology

Use for Networking

Reviewed on 13/11/2019

Pros

I enjoyed how easily I could navigate between mentors to contact

Cons

I wish there was a more accessible link to reach the video chat. I would suggest sending an email with a live link at least 30 min before the meeting time.

Samuel P.
Industry: Research

Review of Jefferson Scholars Network through InstaViser

Used Other for 1-5 months
Reviewed on 14/11/2019

Overall, it did a good job at connecting students to mentors.

Pros

It was pretty intuitive to utilize to look through peoples' bios and schedule events

Cons

Once you had scheduled a session, it could be difficult to revise that time or see it on a calendar.

InstaViser Review

Used Other for 1-5 months
Reviewed on 13/11/2019

Pros

The software was fairly easy to navigate and quite intuitive.

Cons

The functionality was fine, but the website seemed a bit old-fashioned or clunky. It didn't have the high-tech innovative feel of a cutting-edge platform.

Ahmed A.
Industry: Computer Software

Easy to Use and Simple

Reviewed on 19/11/2019

Pros

The ease of use and simplicity of the system.

Cons

Credits calculation doesn't automatically take schedule changes into consideration. Other than that, the experience is smooth.