ESET Endpoint Security Reviews

ESET Endpoint Security

4.7 (1,154)
Write a Review!
Network security, network monitoring & endpoint protection

(1,154)
4.4/5
4.6/5
4.5/5
4.4/5

Gabriella
Gabriella
  • Industry: Mining & Metals

Works well whether entry-level or high performance

Reviewed on 21/02/2021

Having used ESET for about seven years there are definitely more pros than cons.

Pros

I have used ESET for about 7 years back and forth and at times together with another antivirus. When I first started with ESET it did a really good job, my laptop was not performing well, I installed it and managed to remove over 20 malicious software.
I like how it works well on different computer systems, be it entry-level or high performance. I am currently running it on an i5 processor with 8 GBs of RAM and it works well. It uses low computing power and it does not slow down my computer.
I like the ESET splash screen that shows up on computer startup, it's interesting how it's changed over the years. The splash screen has a clean and premium feel to it and it makes using ESET thus much more pleasant. The splash screen simply shows up and automatically disappears, making starting up pleasant and not long especially when compared to other programs where a complete window opens up which then has to be closed.
I have also used it on an entry-level computer with a Celeron processor and 4 GBs of RAM. It worked well, and I still saw the above pros, and most importantly I was able to scan my computer and have it free of malware.

Cons

I do not have much against ESET, it works well, except that scan times are lengthy, but this is related to file sizes that I have on my machine and in any case, I found it to still be quicker than other programs.
There is a price point to ESET and even though it works well there are other anti-virus programs with a free plan that compete strongly with it.

Abinadi
Abinadi
  • Industry: Computer & Network Security
  • Company size: 5,001–10,000 Employees

Your Security made Easy

Reviewed on 18/09/2020

I use this every day and it works perfectly. I love its simplicity so anyone at home could check for threat however it is still very powerful tool. The frequency of the updates its just fine and I like the fact that I can constantly monitor the events and logs for more details.

Pros

The product is very solid compared to its competitors. The regular updates keep you secure for new security threat and it is very simple to use but still very effective

Cons

I would like to see a more simple integration with some IoT devices and control of the home network. overall is a great product update could more frequent. Include details of the upgrade for people familiar with security terminology

Avast Ultimate Business Security

Reasons for Choosing ESET Endpoint Security

Symantec was having some vulnerabilities and I was not happy with the gray areas so I made some investigations and decided for ESET Endpoint Security

Reasons for Switching to ESET Endpoint Security

A combination of price and features
Lauren
Lauren
  • Company size: 5,001–10,000 Employees

Effective and trusted security platform

Reviewed on 17/07/2023

I'm sure there's a good technical explanation behind manual updates, but it'd be fantastic if the core program could update itself and its after-updates setting could be a little simpler. It would also be helpful to have a clearer program allowlist part; having IT tools snagged in scans is inconvenient I've been using this software for a long time and have never encountered a problem that has caused me to consider abandoning it. Because it is customized, you can choose it freely and confidently, knowing that it will meet all of your demands.

Pros

ESET endpoint protection is flexible and adaptable to keep our business one ahead of the competition and away from any danger. However, I discovered that this is the only one that has a great balance of lightness and safety. In comparison to other companies, its cost is also fair. It is, without a doubt, the best.

Cons

I spent a bit more time getting it ready for my users, I also experienced a couple of false positives at the start. We also did have a problem with a false positive ARP assault. The extra time must be spent on configuration.

Response from ESET

Thank you for sharing your feedback on ESET endpoint protection. We're glad to hear that you find our security platform effective and trustworthy, and that it has been beneficial for your business in staying ahead of the competition.

We apologize for the inconvenience caused by the initial setup and false positives. Our team is continuously working to improve the configuration process and minimize any false alarms.

Regarding the manual updates and after-updates settings, we understand your point, and we'll take it into consideration for future updates to enhance user experience and make the process more streamlined.

We appreciate your continued support and trust in our software, and we'll strive to meet all your demands with a customized and reliable solution. If you have any further suggestions or concerns, feel free to reach out to us.

Chanaka
Chanaka
  • Industry: Civil Engineering

Fast, Lightweight, efficient antivirus which is a must for any user

Reviewed on 17/08/2021

ESET is the fastest and most efficient security tool among many others and I'm telling this from experience. This will work on any device even if it's got lower performance without overloading the device. Just try this and you will understand why this is one of the best in the market right now. Detection engine is capable of identifying many threats which are missed from similar tools.

Pros

I started using ESET few years back and instantly I felt an improvement from all the antivirus software I used during my time. ESET was fast and had minimal impact on overall performance on computer while detecting many threats other tools could not detect.

With constant updates and user friendly UI, I feel it's the most comfortable tool I have used. Quite customizable with excluding locations, custom firewall, and specially the gaming mode where it improves overall performance of computer was splendid.

As a user for many years ESET came up with many good features like email protection, banking protection, and a own blacklist to enhance users' security.

Cons

I used ESET for many years but I have rarely seen faults in ESET. But I think constant notifications reminding to update and lower downloading speed for updates even when a stable and speed internet connection is available can be stated as the areas where I think ESET need to improve.

Alain Jove
Alain Jove
  • Company size: 501–1,000 Employees

A good choice to keep viruses at bay

Reviewed on 07/02/2021

Overall, the product suits my needs especially in terms of managing a relatively small network of computers. The essential functions are present to prevent intrusion, and tying it up with the default firewall as well as tweaking router settings suits just fine in preventing unwanted websites and pop ups from appearing in in your screen, and sifting through websites with anomalous content.

Pros

There's a ton of anti virus and anti malware apps already online, but one reason why I used this product is for its simplicity and for its being lightweight, and not to mention the pricing. Doing system maintenance can be a daunting task, and waiting for boot scans to finish can be time consuming especially with a lot of tasks on the to do list. Yes, I do boots cans once a month to ensure that my security software can reach the deepest caverns of my computer because with all the phishing, malware, ransomware, and viruses lingering online, it's better to make this precautions than fall prey to it.

I also find it very handy using the malware scan through the browser, which is optional but can be easily changed in the settings. Along with the default Windows Firewall of Windows 10, I feel my system a lot safer, because apparently using only the latter isn't sufficient enough to keep those bad entities at bay.

Cons

Although pricing is way better than others, it is limited to some functionalities. And an advanced user might consider switching to other products if one is looking for other add-ons especially for those who have high browsing and other internet activities.

Carlos Benjamin
Carlos Benjamin
  • Industry: Events Services

Best Antivirus but still hackable

Reviewed on 29/03/2020

I like it, i Recommend this to anyone. The Best I ever Had

I like it, i Recommend this to anyone. The Best I ever Had

Pros

It is very easy to install and use, It doesn't take a lot of resources from your computer.

Cons

We got hacked by a Ransomeware 2 times now, when it is supossed that we were covered by ESET =( . Lucky us we have backups of our all data daily. but was not easy to restore.

Reasons for Choosing ESET Endpoint Security

McAfee drinks our Entire Resources on Every computer, it is really heavy for any computer, even the thougt ones.

Price, and for me it is the Best Antivirus
Steve
Steve

Outstanding Protecion

Reviewed on 12/02/2020

I've never had an issue with Malware, Spyware or Viruses since I started using EST about 10 years ago.

Pros

Provides outstanding protection
Easy installation and upgrading
Never had an issue with Malware or Viruses since switching
Also like the pricing models for those that own several devices

Cons

I haven't found anything to complain about. It just plain works as advertised. You'd hardly know it was there.

Karolis
Karolis
  • Industry: Research
  • Company size: 501–1,000 Employees

The best security application if you need one

Reviewed on 29/05/2022

Overall, I am very happy and satisfied. It provides additional security to me.

Overall, I am very happy and satisfied. It provides additional security to me.

Pros

The thing I like the most is the overall quality - it is fast, does not consume a lot of computer resources and has a very extensive threat database. It provides very high quality security and does not require too much attention from my side. Also, I like the clean user interface of the application and also it does not provide too many of notifications. Also, the pricing is very acceptable.
Also, I like that it check my email and filters out spam.

Cons

It could have more tools like computer recovery or tools to detect what is slowing down my computer. All in all, it does not have any real cons.

Reasons for Choosing ESET Endpoint Security

Panda Antivirus software was a virus of itself and it damaged my computer.

Reasons for Switching to ESET Endpoint Security

The pricing was better and quality much higher.
Zaza
Zaza

ESET Endpoint Security

Reviewed on 12/05/2021

Overall I have good experience with eset. Very good server management. Very good installed software management. Very good logging.

Pros

Very easy to use, useful, fast, intuitive, hight speed

Cons

Sometimes fail to upgrade server side. Hard to implement user agents.

Trellix Endpoint Security

Very bad server side

Reasons for Switching to ESET Endpoint Security

Best price. Very good server side. Good antivirus. Good user side. Low PC load.
André
André
  • Industry: Chemicals
  • Company size: 1,001–5,000 Employees

Reliable and with a good viruses database

Reviewed on 09/11/2021

Very good experience, updated database, excelent real time protection, even against bots, ransomwares, I did not have any kind of security problem using this software.

Pros

The viruses database is one of the most complete and updated of the market, did not have any kind of problem using the real time protection, even on the most critical scenarios and new viruses.

Cons

The price compared with the other peers are not so good, and the deployment through a network is not so easy.

Mark

Solid endpoint solution for less

Reviewed on 28/09/2020

Excellent, since we have tested new products with additional new features but when we got it, we definitely felt it was the best out there.

Pros

When we were looking for new endpoint solution, we knew there is so many out there and they are all relatively pushy when talking to their sales people. We went through the normal process with Eset and found the pricing mixed with the easy to use reporting and alerting features were better than anything else we tried to that point, overall great decision and very happy with our choice when we moved over.

Cons

Honestly not a ton of dislikes here, everything did exactly what we hoped for it to do, so not much here.

Reasons for Choosing ESET Endpoint Security

Got offered to potentially work with and use and the reporting and alerts features I really enjoyed the ease of overall use.

Reasons for Switching to ESET Endpoint Security

A mix of the great pricing and reporting and great conversations with the sales rep lead us to make that final decision.
Josh

Absolute top quality product & on par with business-grade Microsoft 365 Defender

Reviewed on 14/12/2022

Both our own company and our customers have been using the product for many years with very little problems. Microsoft have caught up now with their latest 365 Defender offerings, but I wouldn't necessarily choose one over the other in terms of performance. Deployment of the Microsoft product is more straight forward, so if ESET can improve in this area they will be on to a clear winner.

Pros

ESET doesn't hog system resources and idles seamlessly in the background. Definition updates are released very regularly and if any infections are found users are notified in a very clear manner.

Cons

The cloud management which can be attached to this software is poor in terms of user interface design, which makes it less appealing for companies looking to deploy it in this manner.

Response from ESET

Thank you for your loyalty to ESET, and for taking the time to share your thoughts on our product. We're glad to hear that you've been using ESET for years and that you find our software suite reliable. We constantly aim to improve our products and are happy to know that some specific features are normally added soon after.
Thank you again for choosing ESET as your security provider and we hope you'll continue to do so in the future.

Eset Endpoing Security Best for Business Protection

Reviewed on 27/04/2022

well since we are using the Eset endpoint we save a lot of time, and we start using it in 2017 until now, we try to switch from another vendor because no agent management, imagine if you have 1200 computers without an agent how can we manage? but since we have an Eset ERA management console server we can manage Eset protection well, I can say I stay safe from viruses for 4 years already.
I recommend Eset endpoint for enterprise business.

Pros

its the lite software of antivirus that does not consume the bandwidth of ram, CPU, of the user, so user feel their computer is not slow.
another point related to administrator management can manage well on the computer inside the campus and cross-campus with the Eset Remote Management, remote scan, and update, deployment.
the last one is the ERA console server can monitor all the risks, and activities of each client/agent that has a problem, and the system administrator can update or push updates from the ERA server well.

Cons

its really cool already i have no comment about this.

Petwr

Best antivirus

Reviewed on 27/08/2022

Pros

I never got a virus in 23 years I used this software… love it

Cons

There is nothing I would say is bad about the software … easy too use ect ect .. they even have a 2 way authentication app to authenticate yourself on you server console

Response from ESET

Thank you for choosing ESET as your trusted security provider, and for taking the time to write such a glowing review. We're glad to hear that you've been using our products for 23 years and we really appreciate you being such a long-time and loyal customer. We look forward to many more years of serving you.

ugwu
ugwu

Mainstream eset endpoint reviews

Reviewed on 24/12/2022

It's Being a good experience as sucurity of our database is important to our operations

Pros

It's easy to use and has a good user experience when navigating within its space

Cons

It collect database from it user's without promoting the user

Reasons for Choosing ESET Endpoint Security

To compliment our safety of operations

Reasons for Switching to ESET Endpoint Security

It's has strong shield base over others, and the navigation of its user is friendly

Response from ESET

We are happy to hear that ESET is your trusted security provider and that you appreciate it's support and value. Thank you for sharing your review.

Edgar
  • Used Daily for Free Trial

A software that really helps

Reviewed on 05/02/2022

ESET has definitely been a very useful tool for us. Its light client is really light, it does not affect the performance of the computers in a drastic or noticeable way, you do not have to worry that your computer is slow and you do not know if it is because OS updated or if it is the antivirus that makes it slow. With closed eyes I stay with ESET and I recommend it.

Pros

When you are a small company, many times, if not always, you force yourself to look for elements or things that work and that fit your budget and that really HELP you in your daily operation, that is why we usually search and try, search and try , and one day we found this tool: ESET. The big antivirus software developer houses already existed, they were the best known and at the same time the ones that established market prices, and surely for this reason, ESET, not having the recognition that those companies had, was not a tool that demanded a considerable budget (and I'm still talking about small companies, micro companies), so we gave ourselves the opportunity to get to know ESET.

Once we had already used antivirus from those prestigious brands, we knew what to expect from them and of course, thinking that it was what existed in the market, we had to assume that this is what had to be used, those heavy software that slowed down your computer, and you had to put up with it because we wanted to be protected and we trusted that those tools were protecting us.

I must confess that we knew about ESET through colleagues who also had the need to look for efficient, functional and safe tools, so we did the software test, the result: the perfect solution for our needs. And the needs were and still are very simple: software that protects, software that is easy to use, and software that does not affect the performance of the computer. ESET is the good one.

Cons

I can't talk about things that I don't like about ESET because this tool has been really useful and has served its purpose and I could say that it is not needed anymore. It is understood that the graphical interface with the user is simpler, less unnecessary functionalities than that of other antiviruses, but I don't see it as something negative. I hope that they continue to maintain the same quality and safety, and proce that they have offered to this day without their heads going through the roof.

George

ESET has advanced features to provide several layers of security against malicious software

Reviewed on 11/09/2023

ESET monitors our devices effectively and keeps all potential threats away. It shows very few alerts or pop-ups and does not cause the computers to slow down. It is relatively easy to set up compared to its competitors. However, we experience some false positive notifications which might cause unnecessary panic.

Pros

ESET has an intuitive design which makes it fairly easy to use without trouble. You can check the security status and customize the settings easily especially if you have basic understanding of the function of each security feature. It offers real-time monitoring and guards devices from viruses, malware, and other malicious apps. It updates regularly to capture emerging threats from different sources.

Cons

Advanced settings might be complicated for non tech savvy users. If you want to enhance security for whatever reasons, you might need to involve a tech savvy person or take time to learn. It is relatively expensive and I'd appreciate if they reviewed the rates downwards.

Response from ESET

Thank you for your outstanding 5-star review and valuable feedback! We're thrilled to provide you with advanced security features and an intuitive interface. We appreciate your insights on the pricing and understand your concerns. Your security and satisfaction are our top priorities. ESET will continue to protect your devices effectively, with the aim of minimizing false positives in the future. Stay secure with ESET! 🛡️😊

Set it and forget it! ESET offers a convenient and effective one stop security solution

Reviewed on 20/04/2018

I haven't lost time or money or business because my computer is protected and I'm not vulnerable to attacks. That's basically an ROI of priceless if you ask me.

Pros

Currently I am using ESET on my work laptop. I am a small freelance business and just have the one computer to protect at the moment. I also purchased another license to install on my parents' computer as they have been very prone to viruses in the past.

Pros
- Set it and forget it - I basically set up this software once to run automatic scans and I haven't had to bother with it much more than that.
- Anti-theft feature - this feature allows you to locate your computer no matter where it is if it gets stolen. Thankfully haven't had to try this feature out, and I hope that I never have to, but it's pretty comforting to know that I have it.
- Parental control - I don't use this, but you can basically set up different profiles for children when they browse the web to block certain sites
- Secure browser for banking and financial websites - ESET launches its own browser when you go to any financial or banking websites. As I understand it, they encrypt everything over this secure browser
- Chock full of other features like personal firewall, email protection, webcam protection, etc
- Automatic prompting when you connect an external drive to scan it.

Cons

Absolutely nothing.

So far I have found ESET to be very easy to use and I haven't come across any negatives. Everything from setting up automatic scans to enabling the anti-theft feature through their website has been super smooth.

No issues with this whatsoever and it's extremely easy to use. Well worth it.

Emir
Emir

Optimize endpoints and devices security in real-time

Reviewed on 15/12/2021

It uses a low amount of resources and works efficiently in the background without disturbing and interfering in my running programs. This single solution gives peace of mind by protecting all enterprise-level endpoints and systems efficiently and more easily. Although it looks pricey, if we think about its powerful features and performance then it seems cost-effective as compared to other available options in the market. I highly recommend the ESET Endpoint Security tool to all other users who are working in a hybrid environment and worried about optimizing their device and endpoint protection at scale. This one is best among all fighting competitors because the tools offered by this are not included in any other tool package.

Pros

Dealing with attackers or hackers at our endpoints is more challenging than when we have implemented the ESET Endpoint Security tool. It is fully powerful in detecting malicious programs and provides real-time notifications so that we fix problems and stop hackers from getting access to our devices. I like it because it provides real-time visibility for both off-premise and on-premise endpoints, as well as comprehensive reporting. This comprehensive multilayered protection is playing an important role in the security of all company devices and endpoints to protect our data.

Cons

The only thing which disturbs me sometimes is the scan time of larger files against viruses, it is a quite lengthy process. Its initial setup and deployment require hours to dedicate, to make this fully functional at its full potential, also there is a learning for configurations.

Jose Mateo
  • Industry: Food Production

ESET Endpoint Security and how useful it is for safeguarding computer hardware.

Reviewed on 27/04/2023

Pros

ESET Endpoint Security offers strong defense against malware, viruses, and other security threats. It also offers a wide range of remote administration capabilities to make it easier to manage security across a variety of devices. Additionally, the platform may be completely customized and works well with various security programs.

Cons

Some users may find ESET Endpoint Security's configuration and customization to be challenging, which can make first use challenging. Additionally, some users have mentioned performance problems and challenges with interoperability with other apps. Comparing ESET's pricing plans to those of other security products on the market, some businesses may find them to be prohibitively expensive.

Response from ESET

We are truly sorry ESET did not meet your expectations but would like to thank you for trying and sharing your feedback.

Behzod
Behzod
  • Industry: Higher Education
  • Company size: 1,001–5,000 Employees

ESET one of the most trusted names in computer security

Reviewed on 05/04/2019

Truly install and forget about it type of product. Highly recommend it.

Truly install and forget about it type of product. Highly recommend it.

Pros

I am long time user of ESET products and its Endpoint Security computer security service. I started using ESET in 2006 and since then I am loyal customer of the company. The advantages of this software can be summarized as follows:

1) ESET always tops the computer security tests conducted by independent, third party testing companies (eg. AV Comparatives) that test various well-known antivirus products.

2) No matter whether you are using powerful gaming computer or slow, old laptop -- ESET utilizes minimum CPU. Hence, ESET provides excellent all in one protection at minimal CPU usage.

3) ESET has very user friendly interface for novice users. But at the same time ESET has separate menu with full set of features for expert users.

4) Overall license cost is not expensive. Usually there are several sales throughout the year that make the deal even sweeter.

5) Product offers full security tools including firewall, antivirus, spam protection, anti-theft protection that smoothly integrates with the operating system and require minimal user intervention.

6) ESET has very friendly customer care team of experts that are available 24/7.

Cons

I never experienced problems with ESET products. Always recommend it to friends and colleagues.

Riaan
  • Industry: Insurance

Endpoint Security

Reviewed on 22/09/2023

Pros

The end point security and the handling of security matters. Our system are secure and ensure up to date security enhancements. Easy deployment

Cons

Sometimes cause web sites not to open and causes some programs not to update

Response from ESET

Thank you for your positive feedback! We're glad to hear that ESET Endpoint Security has provided you with reliable and up-to-date security for your systems. We understand the occasional issues you mentioned and appreciate your patience. If you ever need assistance with those specific challenges, our support team is here to help. We're thrilled to have you as a satisfied customer!

Joseph

It just works! I don't have to worry about viruses anymore.

Reviewed on 20/10/2020

It's great, works like it's supposed to.

It's great, works like it's supposed to.

Pros

ESET helps me not have to worry about computer security. It's simple, works in the background, and doesn't bog my computer down.

Cons

The icon in the taskbar is a little odd, but helpful when I need it, but I rarely need it.

AVG Antivirus Business Edition

Reasons for Choosing ESET Endpoint Security

Too many pop ups and adds in AVG

Protection available at your beck and call

Reviewed on 22/08/2022

Even though there are other solutions available at a lower cost, the performance and effectiveness of these solutions in removing all kinds of viral dangers make it clear that they are well worth the money. Taking very good care of the private information that is stored on our computers is worth a significant amount more than the price of the program itself. On a consistent basis, multiple evaluations conducted by impartial parties affirm our selections.

Pros

I was quite impressed with ESET's capacity to detect potentially malicious actions and to do scans on a regular basis. It has a user-friendly interface and comes equipped with capabilities like text encryption and encryption for portable media. It is not difficult to install, and consumers may easily obtain it. After a system reboot, it is necessary for employees to enter a password, which significantly increases the level of security.

Cons

If employees fail to remember their passwords or enter them frequently incorrectly, the server's connection will be severed, and a wipe will be necessary. Because of this, we are unable to access a number of the websites that we typically browse on a daily basis. It is inconvenient to have to unblock a website yourself or to have to ask someone else to do so on your behalf. It would be wonderful if there were more frequent updates.

Response from ESET

Thank you for taking your time to leave such a detailed and great review. We are happy to be your cybersecurity provider.

Elmer

Optimum Protection

Reviewed on 19/11/2022

The activation of the firewall and the protection of data for personal and business use gave me the peace of mind and security that are being protected 24 hours a day. Very good program.

Pros

one of the best data protection tools, online, accurate and reliable. The protection options in the tool are useful when you are surfing the net, working with online platforms. Detection is online and in real time.

Cons

It practically detects and eliminates any threat that it detects sometimes without making the queries since it sends them to quarantine. Perhaps there should be a way to notify this task.

Response from ESET

Thank you for choosing ESET as your trusted security provider, and for taking the time to write a review. We're glad to hear that you've been using our products for years and that you find them simple to use. The Windows app is a favorite among our users, and we're happy to hear that the firewall is meeting your needs.

The ability to quarantine files and restore them if needed is one of the features that makes ESET unique, and we're glad that it's working well for you. We appreciate your trust in us and thank you for your business.